PDA

View Full Version : Which is more likely: Lakers finishing 1-81 or 79-3?

lakers4sho
11-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Discuss.

Patrick Ewing33
11-06-2012, 01:13 AM
The ****

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 01:13 AM
1-81.

Dwight demands to be traded to BKN and takes DMF into his arms and embraces him and never lets him go. :love:

Avenged
11-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Depdmns what kobe we sees. If its hero ball kobeme than 1-81 but
if is kobe the one tht passes to Pau and lets him b the numbers 1 option then 79-3

Diabolical
Both are EQUALLY not likely. One is not more or less likely than the other.

lakers4sho
1-81.

Dwight demands to be traded to BKN and takes DMF into his arms and embraces him and never lets him go. :love:

what happens to brookie though? :(

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 01:16 AM
if is kobe the one tht passes to Pau and lets him b the numbers 1 option then 79-3

Kobe too proud. He's going to chuck away into an inefficient prick and never let go of his ego and pride and feed it to the bigs. This will lead to Dwight wanting to leave LA. book it!

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 01:16 AM
what happens to brookie though? :(

He becomes LA bound! :drool:

Raidaz4Life
11-06-2012, 01:18 AM
I wish people would stop making Kobe/Lakers threads there are 29 other teams in the league that would love to be discussed.

lakers4sho
11-06-2012, 01:19 AM

eric is that you?

Diabolical
Kobe too proud. He's going to chuck away into an inefficient prick and never let go of his ego and pride and feed it to the bigs. This will lead to Dwight wanting to leave LA. book it!

I'm curious where your line between "pride" and "selfish" is. Care to distinguish one from the other?

bholly
Both are EQUALLY not likely. One is not more or less likely than the other.

Disagree. Both are so unlikely as to border on statistical impossibility, but 79-3 is still more likely than 1-81.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm curious where your line between "pride" and "selfish" is. Care to distinguish one from the other?

Well Kobe is just that. Prideful and selfish. He shot 43% last yr, the worst since his rookie season. His TS% was horrible, not even Top 10 worthy. When he had the chance to feed it to Bynum or Gasol down low, he would look the other way and just pull up for the shots. Yes he was second in scoring at 27.9 PPG, but he was far from efficient, and even I could average that much if I put up 23 shots a game.

The fact is if he does this with Dwight on the team, Dwight will not like it, have hurt feeling, and will bolt to somewhere else next summer. All because Kobe couldn't and wouldn't pass the ball.

Is that so hard for you to understand?

conway429
11-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Disagree. Both are so unlikely as to border on statistical impossibility, but 79-3 is still more likely than 1-81.

because they're expected to be a better than .500 team, 79-3 is statistically more likely
but yeah, great thread......

NBAfan4life
11-06-2012, 01:23 AM

He has been efficient so far. I'm gonna hope my prayers have been answered and his game has evolved. More facilitating less scoring.

23-5-7 stat line would be a dream. More assists and less points would equal more wins

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 01:25 AM
He has been efficient so far. I'm gonna hope my prayers have been answered and his game has evolved. More facilitating less scoring.

23-5-7 stat line would be a dream. More assists and less points would equal more wins

It's a mirage.

You are what you are. Once an inefficient chucker, always an inefficient chucker.

He started off as a backup to Eddie Jones and he will always be just that. He's a media LA hype guy that went from a backup guard to all of a sudden the guy. But he wasn't like that at the beginning of his career. I mean look at Shaq/MJ/LeBron/Bird/Magic, they were the man from the beginning, not this stupid crap of being a media hype and being a starter in the all star game while being a bench player.

LAKobeBryant
11-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Well Kobe is just that. Prideful and selfish. He shot 43% last yr, the worst since his rookie season. His TS% was horrible, not even Top 10 worthy. When he had the chance to feed it to Bynum or Gasol down low, he would look the other way and just pull up for the shots. Yes he was second in scoring at 27.9 PPG, but he was far from efficient, and even I could average that much if I put up 23 shots a game.

The fact is if he does this with Dwight on the team, Dwight will not like it, have hurt feeling, and will bolt to somewhere else next summer. All because Kobe couldn't and wouldn't pass the ball.

last year was ****ed up. no one had the ability to score outside the paint other than kobe. i rather kobe take a contested turn around shot than a wide open MWP, sessions 3pointer

Hawkize31
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
I think both have a probability too small to even approach significance, but I do think 79-3 is slightly more likely. If we saw Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Gasol, and the bench just play to their highest levels consistently for a whole season, the team would be one of the best ever. It's hard to envision a team with this level of talent losing even 10 Ina row, much less 70+

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 01:36 AM
last year was ****ed up. no one had the ability to score outside the paint other than kobe. i rather kobe take a contested turn around shot than a wide open MWP, sessions 3pointer

You're kidding right?!

The only reason Sessions left the Lakers was because he didn't want to work with an egomaniac chucker like Kobe who would never get him the ball.

Ebbs
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM
:laugh:

LAKobeBryant
11-06-2012, 01:38 AM
You're kidding right?!

The only reason Sessions left the Lakers was because he didn't want to work with an egomaniac chucker like Kobe who would never get him the ball.

Sessions wanted to stay in LA and did not want to leave. But Lakers was looking for a better player at the point and at least a guard that has range to make open shots when you have two big mans clogging the paint.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Have you guys seen Kobe's career TS%. That's not even Top 10. In my book, if you want to be regarded as Top 10 all time, you need to shoot a high FG% and be a good teammate and get everyone involved. Kobe doesn't do that. He's a ME player first, a ME player second, well, you get the idea.

He's really overrated and all of you Kobephiles really have to get off his nut sack. The way Kobe plays ball, the Lakers are more inclined to going 1-81 rather than 79-3.

Kobe ran Shaq outta town, and now he's going to run Dwight outta town.

Evolution23
11-06-2012, 01:40 AM
The Knicks will never win a title, they have too many old players like Kobe, Nash, Artest, and Pau. Wait what?

lakers4sho
11-06-2012, 01:41 AM
holy ****

Avenged
11-06-2012, 01:43 AM
holy ****

yep peeples R actchually tayking your thread sirius

Chacarron
11-06-2012, 01:44 AM
l4s fail. :laugh:

#GoodJobGoodEffort

iFYouSeekAmy
11-06-2012, 01:44 AM
#tankforShabazz

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 01:46 AM
If anyone says the Lakers will go 79-3 because Kobe has 5 rings, I will seriously blow a fuse! :mad:

It's not about rings, but if rings is a argument, that certainly puts Kobe below Russell. Russell won 11 rings. I rank him high because of his dominace on the defensive end and on the boards. But hey, he was the greatest winner the league has ever seen.

I do have Stockton ahead of Kobe. I'd rather have Stockton in his prime, handing out 14.5 assists a game with only 3.7 turnovers, and scoring 17 a games on 50% shooting, than have Kobe scoring 30 on 45% shooting and only handing out 5 assists and cuasing 3 turnovers in the process.

Stockton was a more efficient scorer and WAY more efficnet passer. And he was better at guarding the passing lanes than is Kobe.

Stockton did something at the PG position that has never been done. Stockton dominated his position and set records that are untouchable and will remain unbeaten for all of eternity. Kobe has done nothing like that. Eveything Kobe has done, somebody else has done better. And if Stockton was playing in his prime with Shaq and co. on his team, that he would have won more rings than Kobe did.

And yes, I think Balyor was better. I think Karl Malone and Charles Barkley were better all-around players than Kobe. I think if they were paired with Shaq in their respective primes the way Kobe was, that they would have won more than kobe did.

This: "Kobe has two finals MVP awards and 5 rings" does sway me. Kobe has been so blessed as a player with who he has around him, that it is unfair to take his rings into account. Wilt came away from his career with one ring to Russell's 11, but nobody says Russell is better than Wilt?

Kobe is a great player. but he is just a shadow of Jordan.

Stockton was his own man. Nobody can compare Stockton to anybody, because Stockton made his own identity, and at the end of the day, he did things that Kobe could never hope to do. Stockton, as a player, stands on his own, just as Oscar Robertson, and Magic, and Bird and Jordan and Wilt and Russell have. Kobe stands in Jordan's shadow. And always will.

Russell
Wilt
Kareem
the Big O
Hakeem
Shaq
Robinson
Barkley
K. Malone
Garnett
Ducan
Jordan
Bird
Magic
Baylor
LBJ

These are all players I would put ahead of Kobe. And I believe, in all honestly, that if each of these players, along with Kobe, was entering the draft in the same season, and everybody knew beforehand what kind of players they were going to be, that Kobe wouldn't be picked until each and every one of these players was already taken. I don't believe that most GMs would draft Stockton ahead of Kobe, so I left him off the list. But there, in no particualar order, are 16 players that I think rank ahead of Kobe. Put them in whatever order you want, I don't care. But they all did more on the court han Kobe did.

P Harvy
11-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Neither of them are more likely than the other.

This is the dumbest question I've seen lol

cbs9889
11-06-2012, 01:55 AM
stats dont mean ***** watch the game kobe passes to wide open people that will miss easy shots or he gets hockey assists

Diabolical
11-06-2012, 01:56 AM

As far as what you said, I totally agree and understood that from the beginning. What I wasn't sure is if you thought it was "pride" or "selfishness". I can see how he is both, but I would say the latter has a much stronger case.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 02:02 AM
stats dont mean ***** watch the game kobe passes to wide open people that will miss easy shots or he gets hockey assists

Dude, that's just another way of saying that he doesn't pass the ball. He's a selfish prick.

Diabolical
11-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Lets say the Lakers lose their next game, but win 77 in a row (78-4 record)... it doesn't mean that because 78 wins is closer to 79 wins, that they were more likely to go 79-3... the second they lost their next game it made it an impossibility to go 79-3. Hence, both are equally not likely to happen.

The question isn't, "Will the Laker's total number of wins be closer to 79 or 1" it's which is "more likely."

MrfadeawayJB
11-06-2012, 02:04 AM
With Mike Brown as coach (or at least this stupid princeton offense nonsense) 1-81. I see them going under .500 with this offensive scheme. If he lets Nash do his thing in the P&R while minimizing isolations and princton offense, then i would say they go over .500 which is closer to 79-3

Illa215
11-06-2012, 02:15 AM
My brain hurts to even read the title. :(

THE MTL
11-06-2012, 02:41 AM
1-81. here's how it happens.

1. Steve Nash takes a long time to recover from his injury without the Phoenix health team. Then realizes that the Lakers were NEVER for him and he feels like he sold out and requests a trade or retires.

2. Dwight Howard becomes Kobe's "Tyson Chandler" which makes him very unhappy and he forces a trade to somewhere like Dallas.

3. Kobe Bryant decides he is too old for this mess and retires.

Now before you trash my story and say its far-fetched. I would like to say my scenario is more likely than this ******** thread 1-81 or 79-3.

LASportsFan1996
11-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Lakers will go 79-3 because Kobe has 5 rings

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Lakers will go 79-3 because Kobe has 5 rings

No, the Lakers TEAM has 5 rings. Kobe wasn't even the man for 3 of them, and in 2010, I could argue that Gasol should have been the Finals MVP.

It's not about rings, but if rings is a argument, that certainly puts Kobe below Russell. Russell won 11 rings. I rank him high because of his dominace on the defensive end and on the boards. But hey, he was the greatest winner the league has ever seen.

I do have Stockton ahead of Kobe. I'd rather have Stockton in his prime, handing out 14.5 assists a game with only 3.7 turnovers, and scoring 17 a games on 50% shooting, than have Kobe scoring 30 on 45% shooting and only handing out 5 assists and cuasing 3 turnovers in the process.

Stockton was a more efficient scorer and WAY more efficnet passer. And he was better at guarding the passing lanes than is Kobe.

Stockton did something at the PG position that has never been done. Stockton dominated his position and set records that are untouchable and will remain unbeaten for all of eternity. Kobe has done nothing like that. Eveything Kobe has done, somebody else has done better. And if Stockton was playing in his prime with Shaq and co. on his team, that he would have won more rings than Kobe did.

And yes, I think Balyor was better. I think Karl Malone and Charles Barkley were better all-around players than Kobe. I think if they were paired with Shaq in their respective primes the way Kobe was, that they would have won more than kobe did.

This: "Kobe has two finals MVP awards and 5 rings" does sway me. Kobe has been so blessed as a player with who he has around him, that it is unfair to take his rings into account. Wilt came away from his career with one ring to Russell's 11, but nobody says Russell is better than Wilt?

Kobe is a great player. but he is just a shadow of Jordan.

Stockton was his own man. Nobody can compare Stockton to anybody, because Stockton made his own identity, and at the end of the day, he did things that Kobe could never hope to do. Stockton, as a player, stands on his own, just as Oscar Robertson, and Magic, and Bird and Jordan and Wilt and Russell have. Kobe stands in Jordan's shadow. And always will.

Russell
Wilt
Kareem
the Big O
Hakeem
Shaq
Robinson
Barkley
K. Malone
Garnett
Ducan
Jordan
Bird
Magic
Baylor
LBJ

These are all players I would put ahead of Kobe. And I believe, in all honestly, that if each of these players, along with Kobe, was entering the draft in the same season, and everybody knew beforehand what kind of players they were going to be, that Kobe wouldn't be picked until each and every one of these players was already taken. I don't believe that most GMs would draft Stockton ahead of Kobe, so I left him off the list. But there, in no particualar order, are 16 players that I think rank ahead of Kobe. Put them in whatever order you want, I don't care. But they all did more on the court han Kobe did.

LASportsFan1996
11-06-2012, 03:07 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

lakers4sho
11-06-2012, 03:27 AM
1-81. here's how it happens.

1. Steve Nash takes a long time to recover from his injury without the Phoenix health team. Then realizes that the Lakers were NEVER for him and he feels like he sold out and requests a trade or retires.

2. Dwight Howard becomes Kobe's "Tyson Chandler" which makes him very unhappy and he forces a trade to somewhere like Dallas.

3. Kobe Bryant decides he is too old for this mess and retires.

Now before you trash my story and say its far-fetched. I would like to say my scenario is more likely than this ******** thread 1-81 or 79-3.

take a chill pill bro

KB24PG16
11-06-2012, 03:39 AM
llulllz

akia83
11-06-2012, 05:48 AM
79-3 is way more likely than 1-81, and it's not even close.

Let's say the Lakers will win the next game (or every other games) with a probability of 60%.
Then 0.6^78>>>0.4^78

Conclusion: 79-3 is more likely :)

Chavacano
11-06-2012, 07:04 AM
#RoadTo1-81 signifying that the 1 player who scored 81 points in the NBA still plays for that team.

basketfan4life
11-06-2012, 07:27 AM
If you think LAL wins next game 79-3 is more likely, if you think they lose,3-79 is more likely. This question will be answered tomorrow.

Alayla
11-06-2012, 07:29 AM

Lol that litterly makes zero sense.

basketfan4life
11-06-2012, 07:31 AM
KB-Pau-DH2012 , you are on your way to become Lakers fan base's justinnum1. It's not the way to go bro.

Alayla
11-06-2012, 07:31 AM
the lakers will be at least a 50 win team why is this thread a thing

thenaj17
11-06-2012, 08:09 AM

What are you on? Kobe fed them multiple times to start almost every game, only to watch Bynum turn the ball over or Pau get pushed off his spot taking 18ft fadeaways. Kobe got fed up of watching them brick time and time again. 43% was low but not when you factor in how many times he got the ball with 5 seconds or less on the clock and had to hoist shots whilst guarded tightly.

Anyone who watched Lakers games could see that. Pau and Bynum weren't helped at all by poor spacing from Artest, Barnes, Fish, Sessions, Blake.

If you've watched any games this year so far, you would have noticed that Kobe is spreading the ball very well, feeding Dwight any time he gets the chance and Pau also.

Kobe only takes matters into his own hands when everyone else is failing. He is still the most vital player on the Lakers hands down.

8kobe24
11-06-2012, 01:10 PM
This thread is cool.