PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Jamesí gesture touches cancer patient

theheatles
11-05-2012, 06:50 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/03/3081440/lebron-james-gesture-touches-cancer.html

asandhu23
11-05-2012, 06:51 PM
HE IS JESUS. OMG. :pray:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Very nice gesture by LeBron, and I'm sure many athletes do this, but was it really needed in the NBA Forum so that you could advertise him?

The hate of LeBron stems from joining the Heat, not from what he does off the court. Can't really change that perception of one part of him (basketball) by taking something from something else (his personal life).

theheatles
11-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Very nice gesture by LeBron, and I'm sure many athletes do this, but was it really needed in the NBA Forum so that you could advertise him?

The hate of LeBron stems from joining the Heat, not from what he does off the court. Can't really change that perception of one part of him (basketball) by taking something from something else (his personal life).

read the article!

and are you really that cynical that you can't appreciate the story and have to bicker and whine?

Hawkize31
11-05-2012, 07:01 PM
The hate for this guy is really idiotic.

Nick O
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
i would say this wasnt the smartest thread.. hes probably gonna get alot of hate on a thread about him doing something nice and it will probably go off topic.. unless the forum is feeling mature today. w'ell see :p .... very good of him tho

rocket
The hate for this guy is really idiotic.

Not really. Him doing this doesn't make him an angel or saint.

KB-Pau-DH2012
read the article!

and are you really that cynical that you can't appreciate the story and have to bicker and whine?

I just read it. Very touching.

But again, this is not really basketball related.

MiamiLoyal926
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM

And yet the decisions he makes for his own personal life, Improvement, and happiness is what he gets bashed for. Everybody hates because he made a decision based on his own personal want and not that of the city. He personally wanted something else, and yet he is selfish for putting his life and happiness above all else. Why must we relate his personal decision to change employers to basketball and then not the way he uses his stardom for the better of others? Double standards I guess?

stawka
11-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Just read the story and it gave me chills down my spine. Some of you heartless ****s need to STFU and look into the situation a little more. I hate Kobe as much as anybody here on PSD, but if I read a story about him doing this I'd get shivers instantly

Best of luck to Rashawn and his family

carnage101
11-05-2012, 08:00 PM
he earned a little of my respect there. well done.

still hate him tho

LongIslandIcedZ
11-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Used to be a Lebron hater, that changed, I dont really like him or hate him, he's kinda just there.

Didnt like the way he left Cleveland, but never thought of him as a bad person off the court. Props to him.

MR.TRIPDUB
11-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Dont you think the more touching gesture was the one that dude made. He was given a one in a lifetime chance and yet he used it so unselfishly.

Dont get me wrong, i think lebron is a nice guy.

JasonJohnHorn
11-05-2012, 08:26 PM
LBJ would be a saint if he hadn't left Cleveland ;-)

lol... I am a miami "hater", because I don't think how they build this roster is healthy for the NBA, but James as a person seems like a genuinely great guy. It is nice to see guys like this make time for people and do something positive with their celebrity. And i'm happy James finally got his ring... I just hope he goes back home to Cleveland and bring one to the Cavs fans eventually ;-)

PurpleJesus
11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Lebron has a huge ego, but time and time again, he shows that people with big egos can still do good deeds. He is a good person, just a little into himself.

phi2134
11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I honestly used to despise LeBron, something is changing that for me though. I think he is becoming more humble and isn't acting like a little kid anymore, and to be honest, I am kind of liking him these days. The only thing I dont like about that article is the author.

Ezio
11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't hate him, I hate how the media is all up on him.

Minimal
11-05-2012, 09:30 PM

You hate Howard too, because he joined the biggest market in the NBA, after unsuccessful tenure with Orlando?

Raps18-19 Champ
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I just read it. Very touching.

But again, this is not really basketball related.

We've had similar threads not even basketball related. Hell, we had a thread about Kobe's divorce.

Ebbs
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Good story

WAYNEBO
11-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Used to be a Lebron hater, that changed, I dont really like him or hate him, he's kinda just there.

Didnt like the way he left Cleveland, but never thought of him as a bad person off the court. Props to him.

I feel the same way... he's a grown man in a free country. He doesn't owe anything to anybody other than his own family/friends. The hate on him is just ridiculous and generally stems from trolls who wished they had him on their team anyways.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Lebron has a huge ego, but time and time again, he shows that people with big egos can still do good deeds. He is a good person, just a little into himself.

You would be too if everyone in the nation was kissing your butt by age 14.

All things considered, LeBron is the best case scenario for a prodigy. Seriously.

KnicksPain
11-06-2012, 12:20 AM
You would be too if everyone in the nation was kissing your butt by age 14.

All things considered, LeBron is the best case scenario for a prodigy. Seriously.

Very true, and as for the article Im glad he posted it was a real feel good story, the guy who was sick is now playing ball for his college thats so dope.

No matter how you feel about Lebron the argument against the validity of this thread is empty, there is nothing wrong with posting it even if the OP did have an agenda (which I dont believe he did.)