PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night: Nov.4th

JasonJohnHorn
11-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Relatively quiet night last night. The Lakers finally got one in the win column, the Knights improve to 20, the Raptors got their first win of the season the Hakws trumped the Thunder, and despite missing three starters (Nelson, Harrington and Turk) the Orlando Magic managed to pull out a win over the Suns. A couple guys had stellar night, most notably Kevin Martin who went 8-11 from the field to score 28 points in 29 minutes, but, despite being on the wrong end of a losing effort, Kevn Durant get my vote for line of the night: Durant: 22 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

Who do you think had the best line of the night?

OKC
11-05-2012, 07:44 AM
its close between durant,martin and howard.
durant had the most impressive stat line but also 6 turnovers and his FG% wasnt that good.
went with martin.

JasonJohnHorn
11-05-2012, 07:57 AM
its close between durant,martin and howard.
durant had the most impressive stat line but also 6 turnovers and his FG% wasnt that good.
went with martin.

Martin is a good pick... I almost went with him myself, but Durant had such a great all-around game with 12 boards and 3 steals and 2 blocks, not to mention he's been moving the ball a lot so far this season. That was the one aspect of his game that I thought he really needed to improve if he wanted to be in the conversation with LBJ, and so far this season it looks like he's been working on it. Obviously, since setting teammates up is something new for him (not new, but something he hasn't done as much as Kobe and LBJ), he's going to cause some turnovers at first, so I'm being forgiving of that since he's trying to expand his game. Hopefully he can reduce those turnovers and keep the assists up, and maybe inspire Westbrook to start passing the ball! And his rebounding so far this season has been crazy! I don't expect him to rebound at this level all season, but man he's been working the glass hard!

Martin though... 8-11? That is amazing! 28 points in 29 minutes?

Howard... amazing FG% (12/14), but I expect that when half the shots are dunks ;-) I was a little down on his rebounds... only 7? That's all? I expect more from him... lol. And 4 turnovers to go with zero assists? What's that all about? lol

Raps18-19 Champ
11-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Durant, Martin, Lowry.

Swashcuff
11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
KD and Lowry are the front runners IMO.

JasonJohnHorn
11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
KD and Lowry are the front runners IMO.

Lowry was off the hook... I should have included his FG% with that line... I feel bad for Calderon... he won't be getting many minutes despite how well he shoots and sitributes the ball. Raptros need to trade him!

kdspurman
11-05-2012, 10:51 AM
I went Lowry since his team won.

FutureGM
11-05-2012, 11:09 AM
****. I voted Lowry but honestly KD went bananas.

If I could take it back I would go with Durant.

Hulk6
11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
28 points in 29 minutes

Raph12
11-05-2012, 12:10 PM
You should've included the 12-14 shooting for Dwight... Either way, Durant takes this one, he looks like he's trying to become more of a facilitator.

I Rock Shaqs
11-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Def LOWRY

KnicksorBust
11-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Durant wasn't his normal effeciency from the field and his team lost. I go Melo.

I find it hard to vote for player's on losing teams.

Swashcuff
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Durant wasn't his normal effeciency from the field and his team lost. I go Melo.

This confuses me. The statline of the night should be independent of team outcome. Its solely based on the best individual statistical performance. We see NBA.com and ESPN having the very same on the scorecard pages but W-L don't hold any weight because it shouldn't. We're not talking about the most valuable we're simply talking about the best stats plain and simple.

Bravo95
11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Horford is the winner here, because according to Elias Sports Bureau:

Horford's Big Game Helps Hawks Past Thunder

From Elias: Al Horford had 23 points and 12 rebounds as the visiting Hawks surprised the Thunder, 104-95, in Oklahoma City. Only one visiting player all last season had a 20/10 (points/rebounds) game in a victory at Oklahoma City: DeJuan Blair had 22 points and 11 rebounds in the Spurs' 114-105 win there on March 16.

Bravo95
11-05-2012, 12:27 PM
And Teague's dunk on Durant is it's own line. Yeah.

Yankeefan213
11-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I said Durant. Damn near triple double.

chrisf975
11-05-2012, 12:40 PM
I picked Lowry, dude is unreal with him and Derozan the raptors are going to be solid. Not sure why everyone is picking Durant not only did his team lose but he had 6 turnovers.

Tmath
11-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Lowry because he is a foot shorter than Durant.

conway429
11-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Meh, solid game, but pretty sub-par statistically for Durant.
22 points is a below-average scoring night for him, 40% FG, 6 turnovers, -8 when he was on the floor.
Maybe biased, but Lowry also came close to a triple-double, 80% FG, perfect free throws, the same points and steals, with only 2 turnovers, +10 when he was on the floor.

akia83
11-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Lowry, Durant, and Martin had good games, but Lowry won the basketball game, which is pretty important in this sport.

So Lowry for me.

Baller1
11-05-2012, 02:11 PM
K-Mart was doing his best Harden impersonation.

KD got my vote, with K-Mart and Lowry close behind.

JasonJohnHorn
11-05-2012, 05:05 PM

You could have voted for Dwight! He won, and he got more points, rebounds steals and blocks than did Melo... oh, wait, I see you are a NY fan... I knew I shouldn't have included Melo's line... some NY homer was gong to vote for him ;-) lol

JasonJohnHorn
11-05-2012, 05:06 PM
This confuses me. The statline of the night should be independent of team outcome. Its solely based on the best individual statistical performance. We see NBA.com and ESPN having the very same on the scorecard pages but W-L don't hold any weight because it shouldn't. We're not talking about the most valuable we're simply talking about the best stats plain and simple.

Don't worry.... he was just trying to find an excuse to vote for Melo ;-)

JasonJohnHorn
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I picked Lowry, dude is unreal with him and Derozan the raptors are going to be solid. Not sure why everyone is picking Durant not only did his team lose but he had 6 turnovers.

Lowry I like... deRozen? :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I said Durant. Damn near triple double.
He lost. It's an empty "near-triple double" when you team comes up short.

Have to go with Horford on this one.

Byronicle
11-05-2012, 05:25 PM
if only we knew how many 3pters were made

Swashcuff
11-05-2012, 09:17 PM
He lost. It's an empty "near-triple double" when you team comes up short.

Have to go with Horford on this one.

This sorts of reasoning is absolutely idiotic. This is STATLINE of the night. STAT LINE..... LINE STAT..... ENIL TATS.... any way you cut it or slice any its about the INDIVIDUAL STATISTICAL PRODUCTION and not the outcome of the game. This has to be the most idiotic thing I've read in this thread. Empty because his team loss GTFO.