PDA

View Full Version : Should the Thunder have traded Westbrook instead of Harden???

Ty Fast
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Do you think they should have kept Harden and traded Westbrook for a pass first kind of point gaurd? Westbrook has taken more shots than KD in every game so far this year.

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 10:25 PM
:horse:

Phenomenonsense
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I have always said they should. It isn't a knock against Westbrook's ability, it's just that Durant IS a #1 option, and WB thinks he is. Harden would take his role as #2 with pride, and would be a better fit.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM
They could've gotten Howard for Westbrook and Ibaka. They didn't want to do it because they had no commitment from him. Though I'm usre they could've done Ibaka, Perkins and Westbrook for Howard and Anderson.

JNoel
11-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Westbrook sucks.

(Lets see how long it takes for Swashcuff to respond)

justinnum1
11-04-2012, 10:33 PM
westbrick

Giraffes Rule
11-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Oh man, I'm so glad someone FINALLY asked this question.

Baller1
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Sigh...

JNoel
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
As long as the Thunder have Jestbrook, they're never going to win the title.

iFYouSeekAmy
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
ok

pebloemer
11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
They could've gotten Howard for Westbrook and Ibaka. They didn't want to do it because they had no commitment from him. Though I'm usre they could've done Ibaka, Perkins and Westbrook for Howard and Anderson.

Maynor/Harden/Durant/Anderson/Dwight :superman:

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
I remember the proposal of Westbrook for Rondo last fall. That would've been a great trade for both sides. Westbrook would be in his kind of situation, he would be the guy, the number one option and would be the face of the Celtics. Meanwhile Rondo with Durant and Harden, wow!

ink
11-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Yes they absolutely should have kept Harden and traded Westbrook. Harden's game has so much more dimension, and he is a much more intelligent player. Also a much better complement to Durant. Presti may have just made OKC irrelevant.

cuttydoesit6
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
yeah.

RonE Coleman
11-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Westbrook blows.

Tha Truth
11-04-2012, 11:39 PM
I've been saying this for the passed to years.

They should have swapped Westbrook for Rondo.

waveycrockett
11-04-2012, 11:48 PM

No.....You.......Haven't

LA>WORLD___KOBE
11-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Maynor/Harden/Durant/Anderson/Dwight :superman:

This would of been the greatest team of all time ever assembled, it would defininatly want to make lebron need to switch teams again

mrblisterdundee
11-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Sam Presti saw fit to trade James Harden instead of Russell Westbrook - he could have got a lot for either. I trust his decision. You might say that Oklahoma City's hand was forced since Harden didn't bite on the extension, but the Thunder had to have been thinking about this very situation years in advance.

MrfadeawayJB
11-05-2012, 01:18 AM
yes. They would have gotten back more for Westy and the chemistry between Harden and Durant w/ a pure pg would be sooo much better

shep33
11-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Why not keep both!?

tapajafri
11-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Westbrook sucks.

(Lets see how long it takes for Swashcuff to respond)

hahaha

tapajafri
11-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Kevin Martin dropped 28 points tonight off the bench by the way. I'm not saying Martin is better than Harden, but Martin sure can ball. Everyones acting like OKC got nothing in return.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-05-2012, 01:33 AM
They should've traded Westbrook and whoever for Lowry, Scola and Martin when the off season began.

b@llhog24
11-05-2012, 01:34 AM

This.

3 top 15 players, the MIP and Maynor who is a starting caliber PG. Instant ship imo.

Diabolical
11-05-2012, 01:42 AM
If they traded Westbrook, then Westbrook would start out the season playing for a sub-par team averaging like 30 points, 8 reb, 8 ast, 5 stl and people would have made a, "Should OKC have traded Harden instead of Westbrook?" and all the same people saying, "I've been saying this for years!!" would be having the same response.

The real question should be, "Should OKC have kept both players?!"

Iron24th
11-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Something is wrong in westy's head.

celtics 34
11-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Maybe he's doing a rondo were he was sad and performed like crap for the rest of the season?

SouthSideRookie
11-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Kevin Martin dropped 28 points tonight off the bench by the way. I'm not saying Martin is better than Harden, but Martin sure can ball. Everyones acting like OKC got nothing in return.

The Rockets had been trying to trade Martin. In fact he would have been included in a Howard deal just for salary-matching purposes. The fact that many have suggested the deal was a good haul for OKC because of Martin just blows my mind.

I was driving when I learned of the trade through a text and when I saw what the Rockets gave up I nearly lost control of the car.

To answer the OP. Yeah, I always felt OKC would be better off without Westbrook

Dade County
11-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Wild Wild West is awesome, some of you posters must of forgot.

RonE Coleman
11-05-2012, 01:53 AM
The Rockets had been trying to trade Martin. In fact he would have been included in a Howard deal just for salary-matching purposes. The fact that many have suggested the deal was a good haul for OKC because of Martin just blows my mind.

I was driving when I learned of the trade through a text and when I saw what the Rockets gave up I nearly lost control of the car.

To answer the OP. Yeah, I always felt OKC would be better off without Westbrook

Your sig! hahaha DMF at her finest

Gritz
11-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Hatin' on Westbrook like y'all wouldn't want him on your favorite team.

Bulls_fan90
11-05-2012, 02:14 AM
The same Westbrook the NBA forum said was better than Derrick Rose?

I would have traded Westbrook for Rondo and signed Harden. However I'm not sure if that is possible since they were looking to shed money and Rondo is on a decent sized contract.

OaklandsFinest
11-05-2012, 02:49 AM
People act like Kevin Durant isn't a guy who gets shut out for large portions of games!! Westbrook kept them in those finals games, and in one of them was the best player on the floor. The correct answer is they should've kept both players. It isn't about Westbrook or Harden, its Westbrook and Harden! By the way Westbrook is still better.

Baller1
11-05-2012, 03:09 AM
People act like Kevin Durant isn't a guy who gets shut out for large portions of games!! Westbrook kept them in those finals games, and in one of them was the best player on the floor. The correct answer is they should've kept both players. It isn't about Westbrook or Harden, its Westbrook and Harden! By the way Westbrook is still better.

Yes. Thank you. Someone who gets it...

GrandDaddyPurp
11-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Harden sucks tbh. Harden will never be able to carry a team on his own. OKC was his best fit. He will lead his team to a lottery pick this year that is all.

The Rockets will not go anywhere with James Harden as their best player. Remember that.

_KB24_
11-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Should of kept both. The Rockets stole him from OKC, what a trade for them.

Baller1
11-05-2012, 03:24 AM
Harden sucks tbh. Harden will never be able to carry a team on his own. OKC was his best fit. He will lead his team to a lottery pick this year that is all.

The Rockets will not go anywhere with James Harden as their best player. Remember that.

Definitely, because he's been playing terrible out there for Houston.

RonE Coleman
11-05-2012, 03:42 AM

Wouldn't want him anywhere close to my Knicks... hes a physical specimen but has the basketball IQ of a peanut... Not saying they are better than him but I could name a ton of PGS I would rather have run my team than Westbrick

c.c.
11-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Westbrook and Durant gonna have conflict somewhere down the line but a combo guard is easy to come by these days

GrandDaddyPurp
11-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Definitely, because he's been playing terrible out there for Houston.

Yeah...They also have a better record than the Lakers.

FOBolous
11-05-2012, 04:47 AM
I remember the proposal of Westbrook for Rondo last fall. That would've been a great trade for both sides. Westbrook would be in his kind of situation, he would be the guy, the number one option and would be the face of the Celtics. Meanwhile Rondo with Durant and Harden, wow!

:clap:

kbtwofour
11-05-2012, 04:53 AM
They should've tried to trade him for Rondo when Boston made Rondo available last year. Westbrook is a good solid player, but he lets his ego and pride get in the way a lot of times. He wants to be the man on the team and be on the same level as Durant. He wants to be seen as an equal to Durant instead of Durant being the superstar and him being complimentary player to Durant.

Hellcrooner
11-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Should have tried to get Rondo or Rubio, or a package of Bargnani and Calderon ( before they traded for lowry) or Lowry and scola .....

AsfanSince99
11-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Do you think they should have kept Harden and traded Westbrook for a pass first kind of point gaurd? Westbrook has taken more shots than KD in every game so far this year.
Hell no.
You guys are only saying this because Harden's tearing it up in Houston and Westbrook is off to a not so hot start. Prisoner of the moment...
Westbrook is a stud and he proved it in last season's playoffs, while Harden pulled a disappearing act in the Finals.

kbtwofour
11-05-2012, 05:05 AM
Hell no.
You guys are only saying this because Harden's tearing it up in Houston and Westbrook is off to a not so hot start. Prisoner of the moment...
Westbrook is a stud and he proved it in last season's playoffs, while Harden pulled a disappearing act in the Finals.

It's been obvious for a couple of seasons that Westbrook wants to be the man in OKC. There is no reason why he should be taking more shots than Durant and not pass him the ball in the final minutes.

RLundi
11-05-2012, 05:40 AM
This.

3 top 15 players, the MIP and Maynor who is a starting caliber PG. Instant ship imo.

Not this.

Dwight didn't want to go there. He'd up and leave the second free agency started. Why would they trade a top-20 player on either account for a moody rental?

Tha Truth
11-05-2012, 05:49 AM
No.....You.......Haven't

Don't tell me I haven't because I have.

I've also said Harden is better than Westbrook.

mjt20mik
11-05-2012, 07:10 AM
They should've traded Westbrook and whoever for Lowry, Scola and Martin when the off season began.

This.

Lowry / Martin / KD / Ibaka / Perkins

with Harden and Scola off the bench.. my gawwd

MetroMan
11-05-2012, 07:36 AM
westybricks is da bessst

JasonJohnHorn
11-05-2012, 07:41 AM
I prefer pass-first point guards, so I'm inclined to say yes, but not only for that reason, but also because I believe they could have gotten more for Westbrook.

Harden and Durant fit in well together... Harden liks to pass the ball... getting a guy like Rondo in OKC would be amazing I think, in terms of chemistry. Westbrook has had a rought start to the season, but I expect him to get better, but I really didn't like that his assists took such a dip last season. It suggests he's becoming more selfish as a player instead learning to facilitate for teammates.

That said, the Thunder came away with a lot of pieces for Harden. Martin is playing well, Lamb has potential and two first round picks? Pretty good.

And at the end of the day, the Thunder can still trade Westbrook ;-)

Heediot
11-05-2012, 09:07 AM

Harden/Durant/Anderson/Howard = True Dynasty right there. Sign a veteran PG.

Andrew32
11-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Thunder should of traded or amnestied Perkins and resigned both W-Brick and Harden.

I am not a W-Brick fan but he isn't a burden like some are saying.
He is a very talented player and physical talent with some BBIQ issues.

But yeah I can't help but feeling OKC messed up big time by letting Harden go over 4-6 million.

MetroMan
11-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Thunder should of traded or amnestied Perkins and resigned both W-Brick and Harden.

I am not a W-Brick fan but he isn't a burden like some are saying.
He is a very talented player and physical talent with some BBIQ issues.

But yeah I can't help but feeling OKC messed up big time by letting Harden go over 4-6 million.

spot on

Swashcuff
11-05-2012, 09:46 AM

Wait a minute a rational post in the NBA forum I think we should sticky this.

Swashcuff
11-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Should have tried to get Rondo or Rubio, or a package of Bargnani and Calderon ( before they traded for lowry) or Lowry and scola .....

Why does damn near every single one of your posts have a Hispanic player involved?

todu82
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Yes they should of especially when you look at the great start Harden is off to.

Heediot
11-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Westbrook has a killer instinct and doesn't shrink to big moment, I give him that. He is top 5 in terms of speed/athleticism combination. On the other hand he's way too streaky.

I think Harden has the potential to be a good closer. Remember he was only 222 in his first finals. Not everyone is as mentally tough as KD and Westy at such a young age.

With KD being capable of closing/killer instinct/fearlessness. I'd take Harden over Westbrook due to chemsitry issues.

Another reason - PG = Deepest NBA Position. SG - Shallowest. Who is easier to replace from that perspective?

torocan
11-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I think it's hard to argue Harden over Westbrook for sure right now.

That said, Harden is sure TRYING to make the case...

Hellcrooner
11-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Why does damn near every single one of your posts have a Hispanic player involved?

Not really true.
When talking trades? , maybe cause im only happy with where two of them play.

Iggz53
11-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I never and still don't understand the love for Westbrook. So much talent but just a terrible decision-maker, which as a PG can be detrimental to the rest of the team. Still doesn't seem to understand that he not only has an obviously superior offensive player next to him but arguably the best in all of basketball. If he was on a bad team, PSD would be comparing him to Monta Ellis, which by the way isn't exactly far-fetched at all.

nickdymez
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Yes. I think Harden and Durant would mesh better than Durant and westbrook. Westbrook seems like he's out to prove that he is better than durant for some reason. Its wierd.

Baller1
11-05-2012, 03:25 PM
I never and still don't understand the love for Westbrook. So much talent but just a terrible decision-maker, which as a PG can be detrimental to the rest of the team. Still doesn't seem to understand that he not only has an obviously superior offensive player next to him but arguably the best in all of basketball. If he was on a bad team, PSD would be comparing him to Monta Ellis, which by the way isn't exactly far-fetched at all.

Yes, that's extremely far-fetched.

Better scorer, better passer, better rebounder, better athlete, better defender... Basically Westbrook is better than Monta Ellis at everything.

RonE Coleman
11-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Yes, that's extremely far-fetched.

Better scorer, better passer, better rebounder, better athlete, better defender... Basically Westbrook is better than Monta Ellis at everything.

Hes actually right. Its not that far fetched at all. If you look at Montas numbers compared to Westbricks in year 4-5 there virtually identical but Monta actually shoots at a higher clip. And Monta never had a Kevin Durant to play with along side him. They are both undersized 2 guards who are primary ball handlers as well. You can deny all you want but the other poster is right.

ColtsSpursTerps
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM

I wouldn't, not as a starter. Building your team around a shoot-first PG that actually thinks he's in the same stratosphere as KD, let alone should shoot more than him, equals baddd news, no matter how athletically gifted he is.

Give me Maynor all day so i can spend my money on talents that have BBall IQ larger than a peanut

MassoDio
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Harden definitely compliments Durant better than Westbrook. Westbrook has loads of talent, but he doesn't seem to understand how good Durant is, and that he is the number one option.

Harden is also way more efficient and is a better decision maker.

And after saying all that, they would have also received a better package for Westbrook.

In my personal opinion, Harden is the better all around player. I am a bit bias though, because I am an ASU alum, and have watched and rooted for Harden since he was a freshman there. I will say this though, Westbrook has more natural talent, but Harden knows how to use his talents more than Westbrook does.

Sssmush
11-05-2012, 08:02 PM
No.

Harden is showing right now how good Westbrook really is, because Harden was #3 on OKC, but he is the best player Houston has seen in like 10 years

MassoDio
11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
No.

Harden is showing right now how good Westbrook really is, because Harden was #3 on OKC, but he is the best player Houston has seen in like 10 years

Another way to look at that would be that he is showing just how fragile of an ego Westbrook has. (Which would also explain why Westbrook seems to need to shoot more than Durant even though Durant is a much better offensive player)

It could also be showing how much more of a team player Harden is than Westbrook, being willing to come off the bench and be the third guy, even as talented as he is.

It could also be showing how much higher of a basketball IQ Harden has then Westbrook. Harden understands how to play a role that is best for the team, and that which helps the team the most.

It's all perspective.

Baller1
11-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Hes actually right. Its not that far fetched at all. If you look at Montas numbers compared to Westbricks in year 4-5 there virtually identical but Monta actually shoots at a higher clip. And Monta never had a Kevin Durant to play with along side him. They are both undersized 2 guards who are primary ball handlers as well. You can deny all you want but the other poster is right.

What?! :laugh:

Even giving Monta the advantage by going back to his third season, he does nothing better than Westbrook other than scoring. You're delusional.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=westbru01&y1=2012&p2=ellismo01&y2=2008

Monta is a good player, but he is not even close to the same level as Westbrook. I would say try again, but this is a bottomless argument; Westbrook is a much better player, plain and simple.

RonE Coleman
11-05-2012, 09:50 PM
What?! :laugh:

Even giving Monta the advantage by going back to his third season, he does nothing better than Westbrook other than scoring. You're delusional.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=westbru01&y1=2012&p2=ellismo01&y2=2008

Monta is a good player, but he is not even close to the same level as Westbrook. I would say try again, but this is a bottomless argument; Westbrook is a much better player, plain and simple.

Lmao ok bro! You are the man, you're so right... enjoy that chucker all you like. I guarantee every game you lose will be due to Westbrick

Baller1
11-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Lmao ok bro! You are the man, you're so right... enjoy that chucker all you like. I guarantee every game you lose will be due to Westbrick

So that's your response to me proving you wrong? Or is that your way of admitting that I was right, there's no argument for Monta Ellis over Westbrook.

Well,OKC was in the Finals last season, so it seems as if the losses Westbrook leads the team to are heavily outweighed by the wins, huh? You're wrong, simple as that.

RonE Coleman
11-05-2012, 10:09 PM
So that's your response to me proving you wrong? Or is that your way of admitting that I was right, there's no argument for Monta Ellis over Westbrook.

Well,OKC was in the Finals last season, so it seems as if the losses Westbrook leads the team to are heavily outweighed by the wins, huh? You're wrong, simple as that.

Lol you clearly cannot read. I never once said Monta is better than him. I said they are comparable players. Undersized 2 guards who are the primary ball handler and do not offer much more than scoring.

You can think what you'd like though. And I was refferring to where Monta was at 4 years into his career like Westbrook is now. Good think you have a grasp of the English language though!

Baller1
11-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Lol you clearly cannot read. I never once said Monta is better than him. I said they are comparable players. Undersized 2 guards who are the primary ball handler and do not offer much more than scoring.

You can think what you'd like though. And I was refferring to where Monta was at 4 years into his career like Westbrook is now. Good think you have a grasp of the English language though!

Through their first four years, it's an even worse argument for you. That would basically imply that you expect Westbrook to regress as Monta has from his 07-08 season. Also, Monta and Westbrook aren't even comparable through their first four seasons. Absolutely, 100% Westbrook. He destroys Ellis through those years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=westbru01&y1=2012&p2=ellismo01&y2=2009

I would get into it more, but there's really no need. Look at the numbers, Westbrook ****ing destroys Ellis in everything except shooting efficiency. Not to mention Westbrook being a multiple-time allstar, a multiple time All-NBA team member, an NBA Finals participant, an Olympic Gold Medalist, and a World Championships Gold Medalist.

Like I said, this argument is going nowhere, because it has already been settled. They aren't comparable in any way, other than being guards.

RonE Coleman
11-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Through their first four years, it's an even worse argument for you. That would basically imply that you expect Westbrook to regress as Monta has from his 07-08 season. Also, Monta and Westbrook aren't even comparable through their first four seasons. Absolutely, 100% Westbrook. He destroys Ellis through those years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=westbru01&y1=2012&p2=ellismo01&y2=2009

I would get into it more, but there's really no need. Look at the numbers, Westbrook ****ing destroys Ellis in everything except shooting efficiency. Not to mention Westbrook being a multiple-time allstar, a multiple time All-NBA team member, an NBA Finals participant, an Olympic Gold Medalist, and a World Championships Gold Medalist.

Like I said, this argument is going nowhere, because it has already been settled. They aren't comparable in any way, other than being guards.

Lmao it must really be hard for you to admit it.... They are both undersized 2 guards who are primary ball handlers playing out of position that offer nothing other than scoring.

How hard is that for you to admit.

Baller1
11-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Lmao it must really be hard for you to admit it.... They are both undersized 2 guards who are primary ball handlers playing out of position that offer nothing other than scoring.

How hard is that for you to admit.

Prove that to be true and we'll continue this argument.

RonE Coleman
11-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Prove that to be true and we'll continue this argument.

Watch them play and then come talk to me. Westbricks lost you 2 games already. Hardens won the Rockets 2 games by himself.

Adios loser

Baller1
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Watch them play and then come talk to me. Westbricks lost you 2 games already. Hardens won the Rockets 2 games by himself.

Adios loser

Westbrook lost two games for us this season, so Monta and him are similar players. You definitely proved your point.

seikou8
11-06-2012, 01:47 AM

Adios loser

:facepalm:

Sssmush
11-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Another way to look at that would be that he is showing just how fragile of an ego Westbrook has. (Which would also explain why Westbrook seems to need to shoot more than Durant even though Durant is a much better offensive player)

It could also be showing how much more of a team player Harden is than Westbrook, being willing to come off the bench and be the third guy, even as talented as he is.

It could also be showing how much higher of a basketball IQ Harden has then Westbrook. Harden understands how to play a role that is best for the team, and that which helps the team the most.

It's all perspective.

Yet another way to look at it is that Durant NEEDS Westbrook to take a lot of shots and create, so that OKC doesn't just become a one-dimensional one man show.

Westbrook will have his off nights, but when they get it clicking, he is a major part of why OKC has been so dominant, and why Durant is able to get free and unleash.

If Westbrook had been sent to an empty shell of a team like Houston and was enshrined as the #1 option, he might very well get hot and drop some 45 point games at the outset.

I seem to recall Westbrook scoring 43 in the playoffs against Miami last season while shooting on one free throw; meanwhile Harden was going like 1-10 every game of the entire series.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-13-2012, 02:49 PM
@KDTrey5: Happy birthday to that boy @russwest44, I've watched you grow from a young pup to a full grown animal! Lol enjoy bro

awww.

Happy Belated Bday Westy.

strahan92osi72
11-13-2012, 03:07 PM
I guess this is gonna be bumped after every Westbrook great game/Harden great game or vice versa.

sunsfan88
11-10-2013, 06:03 AM

Adios loser
Westbrick? How immature are you?

Anyway, I think its time to re-discuss this. I didn't want to create a new one with this one already still there.

But yea I stand by what I thought back then...OKC made the right decision in trading Harden and keeping Westbrook.

tredigs
11-10-2013, 08:43 AM
It is kind of crazy that a starting PG with Kevin Durant on his team can play 30 minutes and have 0 assists. That actually seems hard to pull off. But to the OP's question, no, I think KD and Westbrook is the better combo.

Minimal
11-10-2013, 08:50 AM
No. Westbrook is so much better than Harden.

DallasTrilla23
11-10-2013, 09:35 AM
If Westbrook was in Houston, he would probably lead the league in scoring.

sunsfan88
11-10-2013, 03:33 PM
If Westbrook was in Houston, he would probably lead the league in scoring.

And Westbrook could actually play defense also.

seikou8
11-10-2013, 08:01 PM
harden is starting to get overrated i do not think he is superstar

Bishnoff
11-10-2013, 08:34 PM

Best spelling ever.

WES KOAST
11-10-2013, 08:39 PM

Adios loser

impossible to argue with a rockets fan. westbrook all day baby

WES KOAST
11-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Yes they absolutely should have kept Harden and traded Westbrook. Harden's game has so much more dimension, and he is a much more intelligent player. Also a much better complement to Durant. Presti may have just made OKC irrelevant.

:facepalm:

presti made okc irrelevant? i'll give you another chance to redeem your manhood.

okc couldn't win a title even with harden...he choked remember? not because okc isn't good enough, it's because there's some dude playing for Miami (forgot his name) that got in the way.

FOBolous
11-10-2013, 08:51 PM
if we're talking about the Harden of last year, than yes the THunders should've traded Westbrook instead. If we're talking this year's Harden, than the Thunder is better off keeping Westbrook...because this year's Harden is a poor man's Westbrook...a flopping v, ball-hogging, volume shooter who plays no defense.

85BearsDefense
11-10-2013, 10:27 PM
No they shouldn't have traded anyone....

sunsfan88
11-11-2013, 06:56 AM
okc couldn't win a title even with harden...he choked remember? not because okc isn't good enough, it's because there's some dude playing for Miami (forgot his name) that got in the way.
Eddie Curry?

Asik's better
11-11-2013, 07:09 AM
They should of traded ibaka, can't live off his potential forever. Also never should of never traded green. That trade was horrible for both teams.

NoahH
11-11-2013, 12:37 PM

Yeah i agree with this.

This question has been floated SO MANY times, but Harden-Durant-Rondo would be tough to beat.

They should of traded ibaka, can't live off his potential forever. Also never should of never traded green. That trade was horrible for both teams.

Forgot momentarily about the Green trade. Perkins is awful. Imagine if they managed to keep their entire core

Westbrook-Harden-Green-Durant-Ibaka

Haha....

WES KOAST
11-11-2013, 12:40 PM
No they shouldn't have traded anyone....

easy to say now but not so easy when you think about the business side and okc being a small market. yeah, the harden deal was a mistake, after all that they only netted lamb because martin signed with minny and tearing it up.

agree about the green/perkins trade being a mistake

koreancabbage
11-11-2013, 01:47 PM
The same Westbrook the NBA forum said was better than Derrick Rose?

I would have traded Westbrook for Rondo and signed Harden. However I'm not sure if that is possible since they were looking to shed money and Rondo is on a decent sized contract.

well its not like Rose is killing it either.

PurpleLynch
11-11-2013, 03:39 PM
They shouldn't have let go Harden.

And the Green/Perkins trade was a HUGE mistake.

WES KOAST
11-11-2013, 03:54 PM
They shouldn't have let go Harden.

And the Green/Perkins trade was a HUGE mistake.

only teams that could afford to pay Durant/westbrook/harden/green/ibaka are the lakers, mavs, nets, knicks and heat. you cant expect okc to do the same going way over the cap.

WES KOAST
11-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Yeah i agree with this.

This question has been floated SO MANY times, but Harden-Durant-Rondo would be tough to beat.

Forgot momentarily about the Green trade. Perkins is awful. Imagine if they managed to keep their entire core

Westbrook-Harden-Green-Durant-Ibaka

Haha....

westbrook > rondo

then it would be heat/thunder in the finals for the next 5 years.

PurpleLynch
11-11-2013, 07:49 PM
only teams that could afford to pay Durant/westbrook/harden/green/ibaka are the lakers, mavs, nets, knicks and heat. you cant expect okc to do the same going way over the cap.

You are right. But that team would be money(not only figuratively)

Quinnsanity
11-11-2013, 08:11 PM
What doesn't get discussed enough: Westbrook was already a superstar at that point. Harden wasn't, Westbrook would have gotten a bigger trade return. Would Boston have given up Rondo for Westbrook? I say yes, and OKC jumps on that because Rondo makes far below market value. They'd be locked into a four-man core of Rondo, Harden, Durant and Ibaka for below market value for three years. Seems like a nice plan.

bagwell368
11-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Neither. They should not have traded for and signed Perkins, that was the move that tipped it all over.

I went over to the OKC board and told them so after the deal. I'm pissed, I'd love to have seen that team.

b@llhog24
11-12-2013, 12:36 AM
No. Westbrook is so much better than Harden.

Maybe in your little fantasy world.

if we're talking about the Harden of last year, than yes the THunders should've traded Westbrook instead. If we're talking this year's Harden, than the Thunder is better off keeping Westbrook...because this year's Harden is a poor man's Westbrook...a flopping v, ball-hogging, volume shooter who plays no defense.

Cause Westbrook is thoroughly dominating the competition right?