PDA

View Full Version : How much Wade fell off

BklynKnicks3
11-04-2012, 10:32 AM
I got my eye on the heat since they are the team to beat in the east. So i tune in n watch the heat Lebron looks the same still hate him ofcourse but Wade looks like he will have a tough time avgin 20ppg ho win the world can people have him in their top 5 is beyond me.

giants73756
11-04-2012, 10:36 AM
He hasn't fallen off, really. He's just always been severely overrated.

seikou8
11-04-2012, 10:37 AM
He hasn't fallen off, really. He's just always been severely overrated.

how so

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Said this last year too. He's one of the all-time greats, but he has a lot of injuries on his body. He may only be 31, but he's an old 31 not a young 31. He's still good, but he's not great anymore IMO. Top 5? I honestly don't know how he could be in anybody's top 10 when you consider all of the young up-and-coming stars in today's game.

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 10:40 AM
how so

Watch him in '06 and watch him now and tell me how he hasn't dropped off. I mean, seriously?

StarvingKnick22
11-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Melo might surpass him.

seikou8
11-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Watch him in '06 and watch him now and tell me how he hasn't dropped off. I mean, seriously?

of course there is but how is he severely overrated he had very good season last season average 22 ppg on 50% shooting and was 3rd in per last season and he is playing ok for the first 3 games of the season its 3 games guys

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Melo might surpass him.

Wade has done more over his career obviously, but I'd take Melo over Wade going forward without hesitation.

BklynKnicks3
11-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Melo might surpass him.

already has

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 10:53 AM
of course there is but how is he severely overrated he had very good season last season average 22 ppg on 50% shooting and was 3rd in per last season and he is playing ok for the first 3 games of the season its 3 games guys

The current Wade is overrated because people still look at him like it's '06. He hasn't been a top five players in two years. The fact that people still look at him that way makes him overrated.

MTL_123
11-04-2012, 10:54 AM
already has

ahahhahahhahahhaa r u high :facepalm:

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 10:55 AM
ahahhahahhahahhaa r u high :facepalm:

He didn't say Lebron, he said Wade. And if you can't see that Melo is the better and more skilled player at this point of their careers, you're proving a point as to how overrated Wade has become.

BklynKnicks3
11-04-2012, 10:55 AM
The current Wade is overrated because people still look at him like it's '06. He hasn't been a top five players in two years. The fact that people still look at him that way makes him overrated.

trill talk

MTL_123
11-04-2012, 10:56 AM
He didn't say Lebron, he said Wade.

yeah i know u relly think melo is a better player than wade come on now

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 10:57 AM

In 2012? Absolutely yes.

MTL_123
11-04-2012, 10:59 AM
He didn't say Lebron, he said Wade. And if you can't see that Melo is the better and more skilled player at this point of their careers, you're proving a point as to how overrated Wade has become.

if your talking about just this season your right in the 1 game melo has looked better but if your adding last season no way is melo better

seikou8
11-04-2012, 11:05 AM

maybe but wade is better slasher passer defender and more efficient
and melo is the best scorer and better shooter and has the better post game

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:05 AM
if your talking about just this season your right in the 1 game melo has looked better but if your adding last season no way is melo better

I'm talking last year too. The Heat won because of Lebron, not Wade. Wade is still good like I said, but I think the days of teams winning with him as the number one guy are over. He can't carry a team like Melo did last April. I'll say this, I honestly think if Melo was on the Heat and Wade was on the Knicks, the Knicks wouldn't have even made the playoffs. And in 2012 and going forward, I have no problem saying Melo is better than Wade and will be going forward. I'm not knocking Wade, he is still a wonderful number two option. But your team is going as far as Lebron takes you, not Wade. It may hurt, but deep down you know it.

SteBO
11-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I couldn't care less who's better. Wade is great for what we want to accomplish on offense, and has much more of an impact on games outside of scoring. The Knicks can have their ball-stopper that makes little impact defensively, for I prefer having the better well-rounded player......

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:06 AM
maybe but wade is better slasher passer defender and more efficient
and melo is the best scorer and better shooter and has the better post game

Melo is also a better rebounder, and I would be careful as far as slasher, Wade has lost about 3 steps over the last two years. His slashing ability no longer wows me.

bucketss
11-04-2012, 11:09 AM
still twice the player melo is.

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 11:09 AM
:shrug: I still see a guy that puts in 22-24 a game with good effientcy, don't see what you see? He had one bad game and one okay game, but glad you're judging on 3 games.

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:11 AM
still twice the player melo is.

Yea sure.:facepalm::rolleyes:

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I couldn't care less who's better. Wade is great for what we want to accomplish on offense, and has much more of an impact on games outside of scoring. The Knicks can have their ball-stopper that makes little impact defensively, for I prefer having the better well-rounded player......

Come on Stebo, you fell for the bait. Only homers would think Melo>Wade. Wade is still a beast, I'm hoping do what he did vs Miami (move without the ball not many Isos) before I bring him in the talk of the elite.

bucketss
11-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Yea sure.:facepalm::rolleyes:

tell that cancer melo to shut me up already hes still not in my top 15 players.

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:18 AM

I'm pretty sure Melo couldn't care less about your opinion, and neither do I.

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 11:20 AM

15 players better :laugh:

bucketss
11-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure Melo couldn't care less about your opinion, and neither do I.

knicks aint getting past the 1st round untill they get rid of melo. melo=stephen marbury.

seikou8
11-04-2012, 11:21 AM
knicks aint getting past the 1st round untill they get rid of melo. melo=stephen marbury.

:facepalm: now your trolling

h2r09
11-04-2012, 11:21 AM
watching wade in the 3 games he has had coming off a major knee surgery? great sample size. even then, he is still a much better defender and off ball player than carmelo. not to mention he is ridiculously efficient for a guy his size.

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:22 AM

Believe what you want. Melo is a superstar and I am definitely convinced he will definitely win at least one ring.

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Did Melo steal your HS sweetheart bucketss?

Mr. Baller
11-04-2012, 11:25 AM
You guys know there is 2 sides to a basketball court, right? When Melo plays both sides then we can revisit this.

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:25 AM

Maybe Melo kept him out of his top 15 trolls.:shrug:

Gram
11-04-2012, 11:27 AM

I spy ... I Miami bandwagon!

bucketss
11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Believe what you want. Melo is a superstar and I am definitely convinced he will definitely win at least one ring.

i don't now whats more funny "superstar" or he'll win atleast one ring? well i guess he can go ring chasing when he starts declining.

D-Leethal
11-04-2012, 11:31 AM
You guys know there is 2 sides to a basketball court, right? When Melo plays both sides then we can revisit this.

I am a Knick fan who gives Melo his fair share of **** all the time in the Knicks forum and am pretty much always on the opposite end of the argument from BklynKnicks, but Melo's D is severely underrated and some of the most unwarranted bashing I've heard. His D has been a +, not a - during his tenure as a Knick and hes a very good rebounder at this position. He doesn't get bullied on the block, stays in front of his man. He plays much better D than a ton of stars who don't get belittled for their D even 1/10th of the time Melo does.

Closing out on shooters is really the only downside to his D, but overall its a plus.

I do recall Wade getting his cookies taken from Melo when he tried to iso him and take him to school about 36 hrs ago.

strahan92osi72
i don't now whats more funny "superstar" or he'll win atleast one ring? well i guess he can go ring chasing when he starts declining.

Like I said, he is a supersar. Like it or not, no go kiss your Dwyane Wade poster from the mid-200's as you fantasize about him continuing to be that guy.

bucketss

melo doesn't steal anything not even on the basketball court.

bucketss
11-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Like I said, he is a supersar. Like it or not, no go kiss your Dwyane Wade poster from the mid-200's as you fantasize about him continuing to be that guy.

wade is not even in my top 20 favorite players why would i own a poster of him?

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:34 AM
I am a Knick fan who gives Melo his fair share of **** all the time in the Knicks forum and am pretty much always on the opposite end of the argument from BklynKnicks, but Melo's D is severely underrated and some of the most unwarranted bashing I've heard. His D has been a +, not a - during his tenure as a Knick and hes a very good rebounder at this position. He doesn't get bullied on the block, stays in front of his man.

Closing out on shooters is really the only downside to his D, but overall its a plus.

I do recall Wade getting his cookies taken from Melo when he tried to iso him and shake n bake.

I keep honestly thinking that people mix Melo up with Amare as far as his D. Wade does play better D even now, I will give him that. But Melo's offensive game at this point trumps Wade's offensive game more than Wade's D trumps Melo's D. With Amare out for months, Melo is a very likely candidate for the scoring title while Wade looks like he'll struggle to even average 20 PPG.

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 11:34 AM
melo doesn't steal anything not even on the basketball court.

:cricket:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Wade has a lot of miles on him already for 31.

MTL_123
11-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm talking last year too. The Heat won because of Lebron, not Wade. Wade is still good like I said, but I think the days of teams winning with him as the number one guy are over. He can't carry a team like Melo did last April. I'll say this, I honestly think if Melo was on the Heat and Wade was on the Knicks, the Knicks wouldn't have even made the playoffs. And in 2012 and going forward, I have no problem saying Melo is better than Wade and will be going forward. I'm not knocking Wade, he is still a wonderful number two option. But your team is going as far as Lebron takes you, not Wade. It may hurt, but deep down you know it.

Lebron was a big part of miami winning a championship but dnt act like wade didnt play a big role because he did. Do i think wade can carry a team by himself of course not but same with melo. The only thing melo is better at is at scorering and rebounding but last time i checked u have to play both sides offense and defense and overall wade is better.

seikou8
11-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I keep honestly thinking that people mix Melo up with Amare as far as his D. Wade does play better D even now, I will give him that. But Melo's offensive game at this point trumps Wade's offensive game more than Wade's D trumps Melo's D. With Amare out for months, Melo is a very likely candidate for the scoring title while Wade looks like he'll struggle to even average 20 PPG.

are you serious

Dade County
11-04-2012, 11:42 AM
So Wade scored 29pts in the opener... Game two for the HEAT was a mercy game, if you can't see that ( blind *** people )... And game 3 they feed Bosh, and Wade was not really aggressive, he tried to let the game come to him, instead of trying to play hero BALL (so yes he had a OK game against Denver)

How about you give him like 20 games, coming off of Knee surgery, before you write him off.

Wade is a Top 5 player when healthy, but when he is injured; his game falls off by a lot.... He's actually one of the 1st Super Star Players, that he needs to be up at 80% to actually play good. His body doesn't take being injured well, it's sad to say but true.

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Lebron was a big part of miami winning a championship but dnt act like wade didnt play a big role because he did. Do i think wade can carry a team by himself of course not but same with melo. The only thing melo is better at is at scorering and rebounding but last time i checked u have to play both sides offense and defense and overall wade is better.

Like I said, Wade may be better on D, but not to the degree that Melo's offense is superior to Wade. And before you try to continue on the myth that Melo's defense is terrible, why was he able to stop the game's best penetrator the other night? Or every time they play him for that matter? Look at the box scores, Melo always gives Lebron fits. Now again I ask, if his defense was so bad why does the best player and penetrator in the game always have difficulty against him? Answer is obvious to me, Melo's terrible D is a myth.

h2r09
11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Like I said, Wade may be better on D, but not to the degree that Melo's offense is superior to Wade. And before you try to continue on the myth that Melo's defense is terrible, why was he able to stop the game's best penetrator the other night? Or every time they play him for that matter? Look at the box scores, Melo always gives Lebron fits. Now again I ask, if his defense was so bad why does the best player and penetrator in the game always have difficulty against him? Answer is obvious to me, Melo's terrible D is a myth.

Lebron always has such difficulties when Melo guards him? He averaged 27, 6, and 6 when he eliminated Melo's *** last year easily.

Wade averaged 24, 4, and 4 with a block and 3 steals along with over 50% shooting in the playoffs while Melo averaged 28 8 and 2 on an awful 42 % shooting and 22% from 3. Now who gives who more trouble?

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
A mercy game :laugh:

D-Leethal
11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
So Wade scored 29pts in the opener... Game two for the HEAT was a mercy game, if you can't see that ( blind *** people )... And game 3 they feed Bosh, and Wade was not really aggressive, he tried to let the game come to him, instead of trying to play hero BALL (so yes he had a OK game against Denver)

How about you give him like 20 games, coming off of Knee surgery, before you write him off.

Wade is a Top 5 player when healthy, but when he is injured; his game falls off by a lot.... He's actually one of the 1st Super Star Players, that he needs to be up at 80% to actually play good. His body doesn't take being injured well, it's sad to say but true.

LOL. Mercy game? What a joke, go listen to Wade mic'ed up and tell me it was a mercy game. This is the ****ing NBA. Teams don't lose games on purpose.

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Lebron always has such difficulties when Melo guards him? He averaged 27, 6, and 6 when he eliminated Melo's *** last year easily.

Way to go, bring up the one series where Lebron played out of his mind. Here's a look at their career head to head matchups, BTW Carmelo is 10-6 against Lebron in his career during the regular season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:52 AM
And BTW I would take Lebron over Melo or any player in the NBA ina heart beat, this is just proving how Melo's attrocious defense is a myth. Compared to most of any other NBA player, Melo holds his own in defending the King.

h2r09
11-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Way to go, bring up the one series where Lebron played out of his mind. Here's a look at their career head to head matchups, BTW Carmelo is 10-6 against Lebron in his career during the regular season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

That was Lebrons worst playoff series of last years playoff series alone. How is that the one when he played out of his mind?

Did you not look at your own stats genius?

Lebron averaged more points blocks, steals, assists, rebounds and shot much more efficiently? What in the world are you ****ing talking about?

Melo had the better team for the first 8 years of his career. No **** he is gonna have a better record.

Andrew32
Straight up BS.

Wade even dealing with an injury was most certainly Top 5 last year on the whole.

He was Top 2 in 06, 09 and 2010.
He was Top 3 at worst in 2011.

Other then maybe 05 (his 2nd season) and 07/08 (injuries) he has always been the best SG in the league and a Top 5 player.

Wade is a team first player.
He doesn't care about his "ppg" etc... like many other selfish me first stars do.
He does what is best for the team... always.

By seasons end he will have a line of something like 23 / 5 / 5 / 1.3spg/bpg on insane efficiency coupled with elite defense.

He will very likely be Top 5... Top 10 is practically a guarantee.

Didn't he open the season with like 29 / 6 / 6??? why are people hating.
Amazing the disrespect some show for D-Wade.

Dade County
LOL. Mercy game? What a joke, go listen to Wade mic'ed up and tell me it was a mercy game. This is the ****ing NBA. Teams don't lose games on purpose.

I am not going to argue about this... i know what I saw... I just have to realize that a lot of people out their can't really see when they are being played.

I can talk to total strangers, and they can clearly see whats going on in this country and around the world, but I can have a conversation with someone I have known for 20years, and they say everything is fine, and blah blah blah....

Some people can see, and some love to be sheep... It's just the way it is.

I have to deal with it.

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm still laughing, Miami can't take one loss without it being a "Mercy game" just like game 4 they let us win too :laugh:

justinnum1
Melo is an inefficient chucker. lmao at some of you.

strahan92osi72
That was Lebrons worst playoff series of last years playoff series alone. How is that the one when he played out of his mind?

Lebron averaged more points blocks, steals, assists, rebounds and shot much more efficiently? What in the world are you ****ing talking about?

Melo had the better team for the first 8 years of his career. No **** he is gonna have a better record.

Of course Lebron has the better stats because I'm not comparing the two as players genius, what I'm saying is Melo holds the King down better than many other players in the league do, for a guy who's supposed to be a bad defensive player.

Sandman
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Tough to say if he'll ever be FLASH again, but he's still a great player, still worth the max, and he's banged up right now (and he is a lot, THIS should be the knock on him).

Hustla23
11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
You're a ball stopper.

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 11:57 AM

Wade is a declining slasher, LMAO at some of you.

bucketss
I am not going to argue about this... i know what I saw... I just have to realize that a lot of people out their can't really see when they are being played.

I can talk to total strangers, and they can clearly see whats going on in this country and around the world, but I can have a conversation with someone I have known for 20years, and they say everything is fine, and blah blah blah....

Some people can see, and some love to be sheep... It's just the way it is.

I have to deal with it.

why the hell is d12 in your sig?

xxplayerxx23

Go back to NBA RD justin, I liked him a lot bette

Andrew32
Tough to say if he'll ever be FLASH again.

He was 3rd in PER last year and the best SG in the playoffs.

So... why exactly do some people think he fell off?

So far this year he has had 2 excellent games and 1 bad game.

Omg call ESPN call Vanessa! Wade is done!

bucketss
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM

inefficient black hole,ball hog, team cancer, horrid defender. a 6'8 marbury.

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM
:eyebrow: Bucketts is a funny poster.

Sandman
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM
He was 3rd in PER last year and the best SG in the playoffs.

So... why exactly do some people think he fell off?

So far this year he has had 2 excellent games and 1 bad game.

Omg call ESPN call Vanessa! Wade is done!

Like I said in the rest of the post --- still a great player still worth the max and hes HURT.

Dade County
11-04-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm still laughing, Miami can't take one loss without it being a "Mercy game" just like game 4 they let us win too :laugh:

I have picked the Knicks to make it to the ECF... You can check my post.

I think they are a very very good team, but that game in Ny was just an outrage.

I took that game and smiled, I was thinking to myself, how many people are going to see, and how many stay blind.

It is what it is...

bucketss
11-04-2012, 12:02 PM
im glad knick fans are happy with the one playoff win melo has led them to, i always thought knick fans were a no bull **** kind of fanbase.

Dade County
11-04-2012, 12:03 PM
why the hell is d12 in your sig?

:laugh2:

I have problems... When he signs a long term contract, I will change my sig.

theheatles
11-04-2012, 12:04 PM
why wasn't this thread made after the 1st game?

strahan92osi72

Case in point right here, here's Lebron's career stats against Paul Pierce, a guy who has a reputation at being a great defender. Against Paul Pierce, Lebron averages 5 more points a game than he does against Melo. Again, case in point, Melo's bad D is a straight up myth.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=piercpa01&p2=jamesle01

xxplayerxx23

I think they are a very very good team, but that game in Ny was just an outrage.

I took that game and smiled, I was thinking to myself, how many people are going to see, and how many stay blind.

It is what it is...

You can't be serious. The Knicks ball movement was amazing, the defense was amazing. You can say what you want Knicks beat Miami fair and square

Sandman
im glad knick fans are happy with the one playoff win melo has led them to, i always thought knick fans were a no bull **** kind of fanbase.

Pretty sure every Knicks fan is pissed off that we couldnt be a healthy team heading into the playoffs in both years.

Any Knicks fan thats "happy" about the one playoff win recognizes the way Melo won a game by himself.

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 12:05 PM

LOL what fanbase are you from? I can't wait to hear.

Hustla23
11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't know. Wade has been very consistent in terms of his play the last few years.

The only thing that has limited him has been the injuries. If he can stay injury free, then it shouldn't be a huge problem.

bucketss
11-04-2012, 12:08 PM
LOL what fanbase are you from? I can't wait to hear.

the team that sent your team to ten straight years without a playoff win ctfu...

D-Leethal
11-04-2012, 12:08 PM

It is what it is...

See what?

That the NBA forced the Heat to throw the game because New York was hit with a hurricane? That the Heat let us win out of the kindness of their hearts for the fans that relentless boo them? Did you listen to Wade mic'ed up? Was he faking that too? :facepalm:

BTW, the Hornets lost their first game back in New Orleans after Katrina. Guess the NBA wasn't that warm hearted back then.

theheatles
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM
although this is complete ******** lets just chalk it up towards the quota of negative heat threads required here on psd, because there will be few and far between

strahan92osi72
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM
the team that sent your team to ten straight years without a playoff win ctfu...

and the answer is, your mother's basement globetrotters?

KNICKS R BACK
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Stephon Marbury dipshit

bucketss
11-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Stephon Marbury dipshit

who the hell cares

ATX
11-04-2012, 12:26 PM
What a lame bait thread.

meloman1592
11-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Im not gonna get into a bickering contest with people on this site so i'll keep it short and sweet. Melo is better than Wade...lebron is a whole different story, melo doesn't come close to lebron but i would take melo over wade 10/10 times right now

BklynKnicks3
11-04-2012, 12:28 PM
melo top 3 some of u will learn. East finals if healthy championship is harder to win now ever with the miami cheat being in the east. This team is simular to iverson sixers only the competition is much greater

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 12:29 PM
:facepalm: Ugh this guy is the biggest homer on psd, sorry DMF you lost you're title.

bucketss
11-04-2012, 12:30 PM
melo top 3 some of u will learn. East finals if healthy championship is harder to win now ever with the miami cheat being in the east. This team is simular to iverson sixers only the competition is much greater

like we're suppose to learn every year?

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Bucketts is number 4 on my troll list.

Dade County
11-04-2012, 12:31 PM
See what?

That the NBA forced the Heat to throw the game because New York was hit with a hurricane? That the Heat let us win out of the kindness of their hearts for the fans that relentless boo them? Did you listen to Wade mic'ed up? Was he faking that too? :facepalm:

BTW, the Hornets lost their first game back in New Orleans after Katrina. Guess the NBA wasn't that warm hearted back then.

The NBA did it force the HEAT to do anything... That would be saying the entire team, was in on it...smh

It doesn't work like that.

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 12:32 PM
:facepalm: Yeah some of the heat players said **** it lets lose this game for NY. :pity:

Sandman
11-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Im not gonna get into a bickering contest with people on this site so i'll keep it short and sweet. Melo is better than Wade...lebron is a whole different story, melo doesn't come close to lebron but i would take melo over wade 10/10 times right now

Melo can't be knocked for defensive talent (STAT), its that hes a lazy defender. He shows up when he wants to (huge problem). LeBron is a better defender against 99% of the league. Id probably take him for 82 games. 1 on 1 I think its a wash. Theyre both scoring 30.

Dade County
11-04-2012, 12:33 PM
You can't be serious. The Knicks ball movement was amazing, the defense was amazing. You can say what you want Knicks beat Miami fair and square

I wish they did :clap:

But the truth is the truth.

ATX
11-04-2012, 12:35 PM
It's pretty ignorant to suggest that the Heat threw that game, if anything the Knicks played inspired and rose to the challenge for their city.

ATX
11-04-2012, 12:37 PM
In no way shape or form do I believe that the Knicks are better than the Heat however, just outplayed them fair and square the other night.

SteBO
11-04-2012, 12:38 PM

This is why Miami fans have a bad rap on here. Just admit the Knicks beat the Heat fair and square. Miami didn't throw that game at all, the Knicks just took it. Please stop deluding yourself.....it's embarassing.

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 12:38 PM

:facepalm: I havent seen you say dumb things, but this is a pretty dumb statement.

BklynKnicks3
11-04-2012, 12:39 PM
like we're suppose to learn every year?

first year knicks have a legit roster borderline contender only reason he hasnt gotten his due is playoff failures even thoe they are almost all to nba finals teams. This is the year if knicks dont make the 2nd round i will reavulate baring injuries

theheatles
11-04-2012, 12:40 PM
The most ignorant statements I'm seeing are the one's suggesting Melo is an all around better basketball player than Wade.

unleashthebeast
Geeze everyone, chill out.

He has taken an average of 11 shots these last 2 games, wouldn't you say that that is probably why he is averaging 14.5 these last 2 games? Or is it just because he is now not even a top 10 player?

The overreactions on this forum are outrageous. Wade and his playmaking ability on the offensive and defensive ends (blocked both Koufos and McGee last night) have him WITHOUT A DOUBT still in the top 10 of any credible source's list.

Personally he is still in my top 6, along with LBJ, KD, CP3, Dwight, and Love

It has been 3 games everyone. Take a deep breath and let the season progress a while before you start claiming that players like Carmelo Anthony are better than superstars like Dwyane Wade. Thank you :)

Sadds The Gr8
I ****in hate Wade and I'd still take him over Melo 100/100 times. When Melo comes out of the 1st round gimme a shout.

unleashthebeast
11-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Oh this turned into a "did the Knicks win or did the HEAT throw the game?" thread?

The Knicks absolutely came into that came firing on all cylinders and destroyed us in every aspect of the game. They clearly were the better team that night, and to say that the Heat threw that game is just ignorant. The Knicks were the better team that night.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-04-2012, 12:42 PM

llullz, some team has to take you devils off your high horses. Man I wish the Lakers can get it together. If we're able to get to the finals, not only will we be representing our fan base and trying to win Title #17, but we'll also be representing everyone else's team's fans out there who hate the Heat. You guys have been putrid, pathetic and disgusting ever since the 3 Amigos got assembled 2 summers ago. I know you guys just won the title but my goodness, give other teams some ****in credit when they beat you. :pity:

bucketss
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
first year knicks have a legit roster borderline contender only reason he hasnt gotten his due is playoff failures even thoe they are almost all to nba finals teams. This is the year if knicks dont make the 2nd round i will reavulate baring injuries

cool let him prove me wrong(he won't)

TheIlladelph16
11-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Gotta love the overreaction syndrome that PSD goes through at the beginning of every NBA season. Wade is certainly still a top 10 players, and he ain't budging off my top 5 until he proves otherwise over a full season. Super efficient scorer and playmaker and a plus defender.

Melo has had the same number of seasons as Wade in this league. Not once has he proven to be a better player and that still holds true. Better scorer? Yup. Better player? Hell no.

bucketss
11-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Gotta love the overreaction syndrome that PSD goes through at the beginning of every NBA season. Wade is certainly still a top 10 players, and he ain't budging off my top 5 until he proves otherwise over a full season. Super efficient scorer and playmaker and a plus defender.

Melo has had the same number of seasons as Wade in this league. Not once has he proven to be a better player and that still holds true. Better scorer? Yup. Better player? Hell no.

not even a better scorer his moves look more smooth thats about it

D-Leethal
11-04-2012, 12:54 PM
The NBA did it force the HEAT to do anything... That would be saying the entire team, was in on it...smh

It doesn't work like that.

LOL OK, lets hear how it works Tim Donaghy.

Why didn't the Hornets win their first game back in NO after Katrina?

SteBO
11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Guys just ignore him, there's no reason to get yourselves worked over something so silly and delusional. I shouldn't have responded to it either. Let's just try to get this back on topic....

Lidz
11-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't say Wade fell off. That's an insult. Wade hasn't fell off, he's just aging. The difference between an aging player and a player that's fallen off is that an aging player adapts. Wade can't slash as well as he used to so now he works on his post game. His offense is more limited so now he plays a lot better defense. Every player ages and their game changes but to say a player has fallen off because they can't do everything they used to do but they still contribute as much as Wade does is an insult. (and i'm not just saying that because he's my favorite player)

P Harvy
11-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Wade is overrated

jerellh528
11-04-2012, 01:55 PM
ive been sayin this about wade for a while now

Longhornfan1234
11-04-2012, 01:59 PM
ive been sayin this about wade for a while now

Me too.

Blitzbolt
11-04-2012, 01:59 PM
IF WADE sucks the heat have MIKE FREAKING MILLER to back him up so is all good.

JNoel
11-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Knicks are tanking this year, period.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I never understand how many fans completely overreact to the first week of the season.

Can we PLEASE get 20-40 games behind us before we start with the ultimate evaluations?

mvb815
11-04-2012, 02:34 PM
people see wades post season last year and assume he had a bad year, they see 3 games into the season this year and assume he fell off

he didn't go anywhere people

Mr_Jones
11-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Hawkeye is a girl's name.

Kashmir13579
11-04-2012, 02:51 PM
The OP is a known Wade hater.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I had a feeling before the season started that Wade would decline, but it's only been 3 ****ing games. And yes he's still a helluva a lot better than Carmelo.

Gram
11-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I never really liked or disliked Wade so it doesn't matter to me if he fell off or not.

Nomar
11-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Injuries have caught up to him. Still a great player, just not as great. Lebron is clearly better now, and i used to say Wade was at least as good as Bron a few years ago.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-04-2012, 03:36 PM
this thread is a joke.

another example of knicks fans at their finest.

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Lol Knicks.

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Its only two games but melo seems like he has changed his attitude, If he plays with that effort on D and contuines to score without as many isos and scoring in the flow of the game, then this will be a huge year for Melo. Wade is a monster and I still have him top 6 BTW.

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
this thread is a joke.

another example of knicks fans at their finest.

Yeah and shows Miami fans at thier finest.

Minimal
11-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Wade is still a really great player, the only difference his role on the team changed, thats why he doesn't look that dominant anymore. Now he has LeBron, Bosh, Allen and other guys, who share only 1 ball. Its kinda same situation as Harden on OKC, look at him now.

Jarvo
11-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Wade > Melo

Melo a better shooter, But doesnt have it in him to win I'm sorry.

AIRMAR72
11-04-2012, 04:44 PM
wade is spoil from living the GOOD life PLUS the man is a great father to his sons AND that TAKES alot of mental energy playing that role like wade does

MintBerryCrunch
11-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Kobe > wade

Munkeysuit
11-04-2012, 04:53 PM
LMAO! fallen off? they've only played 3 games total and you've come to this conclusion? I have this strange feeling that just because the Heat aren't smashing teams by 15 - 20 pts every night, you guys will end up saying Miami isn't the same either and that they falling off hahahaha, GTFO! stay out of every sports forums you idiot! it's people like you that give us real sports fans a bad rap nowadays.

Gagan136
11-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Lollllll, Wade is still a great player and one of the NBA's best

Sandman
11-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Wade > Melo

Melo a better shooter, But doesnt have it in him to win I'm sorry.

Is this what people say when they run out of real reasons?

It had been the same argument against LeBron and others.

JordansBulls
11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Wade hasn't fell off anything. How much does one player need to dominate on a stacked team?

SportsFanatic10
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
hahaha absolutely pathetic thread. its been 3 games. wade scored 29 vs boston, then only shot 10 times vs the knicks but made 7 of them. then vs denver he played bad(still blocked 4 shots including 2 on 7fters) but it was the 2nd game of a back to back and hes not ready since he's not in game shape after offseason knee surgery.

lol people just can't wait to jump on heat players. wade is the rare superstar that can take a backseat and do whats best for the team even if his numbers suffer for it. with all the weapons miami has wade just plays within the flow of the game and doesn't force anything. bosh and allen had it going in the denver game and lebron was doing his thing so wade had no problem with that.

its like harden going off now that he has his own team, wade used to do that and still can. just now he doesn't have to so his numbers aren't what they used to be just like harden's numbers weren't as good in okc. and this melo crap is absurd. wade is easily better then melo.

blastmasta26
11-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Wade is still better than Kobe and Melo. Let's wait until at least 5 games have been played before jumping to premature conclusions. Based on this logic, Harden is the best player in the league.

Supreme LA
11-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Wade is still better than Kobe and Melo. Let's wait until at least 5 games have been played before jumping to premature conclusions. Based on this logic, Harden is the best player in the league.

You gotta be high :facepalm:

Wade is not better than Kobe or Melo at this point. The only people who believe he is are Heat fans and Kobe's #1 hater Andrew32.

Wade is in serious decline at this point and I'm loving how the refs don't call fouls for him every time he screams like a *****.

Top 5? Not even close!

Lebron, Bosh, Durant, CP3, Kobe, Blake Griffin, Dwight, Harden, Melo, and Westbrook are all better at this point.

Supreme LA
11-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Wade hasn't fell off anything. How much does one player need to dominate on a stacked team?

That's not the point. Watch him play and there's no way you can say he hasn't declined or that he's in the top 5.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah and shows Miami fans at thier finest.

I don't see Miami fans making stupid threads about the Knicks after 3 games. Just own to the fact that this thread is a joke and move on.

SportsFanatic10
11-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Wade is not better than Kobe or Melo at this point. The only people who believe he is are Heat fans and Kobe's #1 hater Andrew32.

Wade is in serious decline at this point and I'm loving how the refs don't call fouls for him every time he screams like a *****.

Top 5? Not even close!

Lebron, Bosh, Durant, CP3, Kobe, Blake Griffin, Dwight, Harden, Melo, and Westbrook are all better at this point.

kids, this is your brain on drugs...:pity:

Supreme LA
11-04-2012, 06:28 PM
kids, this is your brain on drugs...:pity:

It's you who is on drugs if you still believe Wade to be a top 5 player.

Oh wait a minute you're a Heat fan.:facepalm:

Lim
11-04-2012, 06:35 PM
didn't read thread but I have been saying this for years now. Bosh should be the 2nd option if they want to increase their chances at another title.

SportsFanatic10
11-04-2012, 06:44 PM

oh wait you're a laker fan so you hate wade because many people think wade is better than kobe now. you're opinion doesn't matter at all either.

THE MTL
11-04-2012, 06:44 PM

A mercy game? Let me tell you about your superstar. Lebron James is a champion, the best player in the NBA, he has the will/drive/desire to be the BEST (top 3) NBA players that ever played the game. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MERCY GAMES to players like these. Kobe, Jordan, Lebron, Wade....will always try to beat you and they will tell you that in your face. You guys lost and own up to it.

PS: Even if the Heat played better they would have lost, New York was clearly the better team THAT NIGHT

kyubi256
11-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Wade is a very interesting player. He has these type of games which make you wonder but he usually ends the year with 24-26 ppg averaged. And that is why he is top 5

TheIlladelph16
11-04-2012, 06:52 PM

Top 5? Not even close!

A Non-Heat fan and not Andrew32 here: Wade is still better than Melo and Kobe. Also, the bolded above are just wrong. Although I will admit Kobe and Wade is a pretty close debate and could swing either way. At this point it comes down to personal preference.

Wade is a very interesting player. He has these type of games which make you wonder but he usually ends the year with 24-26 ppg averaged. And that is why he is top 5

This. Well said.

theheatles
11-04-2012, 06:52 PM

Kobe even acknowledged Lakers have stupid fans, you're just reinforcing his claims...:p

KnickaBocka.44
11-04-2012, 06:54 PM
No way Wade is a top 5 player at this point, just accept it and move on.

SportsFanatic10
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
No way Wade is a top 5 player at this point, just accept it and move on.

thats like saying melo isn't a top 15 player.

MetroMan
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Melo is better then wade.

Wade hasn't fallen off

SportsFanatic10
11-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Melo is better then wade.

Wade hasn't fallen off

the only thing melo does better than wade is score. and wade does it more efficiently while melo does it with more variety. wade is better and its really not debatable.

bucketss
11-04-2012, 06:59 PM

let me guess you think kobe is a top 5 player:rolleyes:

KnicksorBust
11-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Wade was great last season. This thread is way off. He hasn't even had a bad start. Damn. Knee-jerkin hardcore.

bucketss
11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
the only thing melo does better than wade is score. and wade does it more efficiently while melo does it with more variety. wade is better and its really not debatable.

he doesn't score better he has a smoother looking jumper thats about it, and did someone say bosh is better than wade?:facepalm:

Supreme LA
11-04-2012, 07:03 PM
he doesn't score better he has a smoother looking jumper thats about it, and did someone say bosh is better than wade?:facepalm:

Bosh is better than Wade.

b@llhog24
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Lot's of **** logic in this thread.

Melo is not better than a healthy Dwade PERIOD.
Melo isn't a horrible defender anymore, he's passable at this point.
The Heats have to now tell the Knicks how their *** tastes cause they we're beat fair and square. Not no freaking mercy game.

KnickaBocka.44
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
thats like saying melo isn't a top 15 player.

What does Melo have to do with this conversation? Wade is declining, the eye test proves it. You shouldn't get defensive about it. He relies on his athleticism so much and it's leaving him because of injuries and age. Nothing against him, it just happens.

bucketss
11-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Bosh is better than Wade.

surely you jest.

Knicks21
11-04-2012, 07:11 PM
He cant shoot like the rest of the elite guards in the league, he was going to fall off earlier than the others.

You dont have to respect his j, so you can give him room and because he isnt as quick anymore its a struggle.

MetroMan
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Westbrook craps on wade

Supreme LA
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
surely you jest.

If Andrew32 can argue that Pau was better than Kobe in during their title runs I can certainly argue that Bosh has been better than Wade :cool:

Supreme LA
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Lot's of **** logic in this thread.

Melo is not better than a healthy Dwade PERIOD.
Melo isn't a horrible defender anymore, he's passable at this point.
The Heats have to now tell the Knicks how their *** tastes cause they we're beat fair and square. Not no freaking mercy game.

Because you seemed to have so much logic :eyebrow:

Melo is much improved defensively.

Wade is nowhere near the scorer Melo is. Wade mainly gets his baskets off of broken plays and rebounds for tip ins. He's a pathetic shooter and nothing more without the refs. Melo is better than Wade at this point and the rest of this season will only reinforce that idea.

b@llhog24
11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Because you seemed to have so much logic :eyebrow:

Not sure where this came from. I post in this forum a decent amount and I think most posters would agree that I am fairly logical in my assestmets of players.

Melo is much improved defensively.

Isn't this basically what I just said? Horrible=>passable. I'm speaking based off last year I haven't got to watch a full Knicks game for the year.

Wade is nowhere near the scorer Melo is.

I know he's on a totally different level above him.

Wade mainly gets his baskets off of broken plays and rebounds for tip ins.

Wade took over 7 shots per game last season from the range of 10ft out to as far a back as the three point line. Wanna tell me what happened to those shots? :confused:

He's a pathetic shooter and nothing more without the refs. Melo is better than Wade at this point and the rest of this season will only reinforce that idea.

Shaq was a worse shooter doesn't mean he isn't a top 5 player all time. And we'll see but I seriously doubt that changes this year. Wade's production would basically have to fall off a cliff this year for that to happen. I'm predicting his absolute decline to be about 2 years from now. If it ends happening this season. well more power to Melo.

KnickaBocka.44
11-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Not sure where this came from. I post in this forum a decent amount and I think most posters would agree that I am fairly logical in my assestmets of players.

Isn't this basically what I just said? Horrible=>passable. I'm speaking based off last year I haven't got to watch a full Knicks game for the year.

I know he's on a totally different level above him.

Wade took over 7 shots per game last season from the range of 10ft out to as far a back as the three point line. Wanna tell me what happened to those shots? :confused:

Shaq was a worse shooter doesn't mean he isn't a top 5 player all time. And we'll see but I seriously doubt that changes this year. Wade's production would basically have to fall off a cliff this year for that to happen. I'm predicting his absolute decline to be about 2 years from now. If it ends happening this season. well more power to Melo.

I'm sorry but you're out of your mind saying that Melo isn't in Wade's class as a scorer. Wade is the better defender and up until now that is what has seperated them as individual players. Melo is at least equal, if not better, than Wade as a pure scorer. He is a better shooter, from inside and outside the 3 point line, and he's a better post player and its not even close.

gaughan333
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
The NBA forum sucks to read

b@llhog24
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry but you're out of your mind saying that Melo isn't in Wade's class as a scorer. Wade is the better defender and up until now that is what has seperated them as individual players. Melo is at least equal, if not better, than Wade as a pure scorer. He is a better shooter, from inside and outside the 3 point line, and he's a better post player and its not even close.

Depends on your definition of tiers. We had a best scorers in the Nba thread a lil while back. LeBron, Love, Wade & KD are honesly in a whole different tier when you're talking about who are the best scorers in the Nba. Irving and Harden are as well but that's an argument for the future and not right now.

Jarvo
11-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Is this what people say when they run out of real reasons?

It had been the same argument against LeBron and others.

No Melo isn't mentally tough enough to carry a team, He's not a team leader imo. It takes more than skill to lead a team to the promise land.

TheLegend
11-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Melo has always seems like the kind of player that cares more about his numbers than winning the basketball game. I don't think Melo will ever lead a team to a title. I don't think Melo can co-exist with another superstar like Wade can because Melo is about his numbers. Wade is about winning. So regardless if Wade has declined or not, he will always be viewed as a better player than Melo of whom only plays at one end of the court. Why is it that the Knicks play well when A'mare is out, but when he's on the court, they seem to struggle. Anyone noticed that? Last year when Melo was out, Lin took over and they went on a tear. The minute Melo came back they started going down a bit. Melo is not the player I would start a team with. Also, Melo isn't a playmaker, never has been. Melo isn't the kind of playmaker he should be. He should be able to get 8ast a game with his talent level.