PDA

View Full Version : The knicks have the best defensive team in the nba, without question

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I think this probably goes without question, but let me be the first to tell you, the knicks have the best defensive squad in the league.

When you talk about having 2 DPOY centers, the legendary Radheed Wallace, Ronnie beabuos, Jason kidd, iman Shoompert, as well as Kurt Thomas on one squad, you are going to be solid

People like to talk crap, but the KNICKS ARE BACK!!!!!!! Top 5 in defense last year with just Chandler and shumpert alone. Now we have added even better defenders, especially on the interior, not to mention beabuos excellent perimeter defense that can rival the great Garry Peyton

I think it goes without question that this team is even better than last years team on the defensive end at the very least

Haters can talk crap, and say we're old, but the knicks play in the east, with a alot of teams playing half court sets, unlike in the west where in OKC you just have two clowns running iso plays every possession, and whatever the hell the lakers are doing

And the clippers just throw alley oops every possession just so Blake can get his 20pts according to some on this site

Tyson Chandler is the best defensive center in the league, dwit is overated, he never had a impact like Chandler from the standpoint that he changed the culture of his teams

He transformed Dallas into a great defensive team, and turned the knicks into an elitist defensive team

If you don't think they have the best defensive squad, who does? Certainty not Miami, that's for sure, they can't defend in the post, but are great at perimeter defense

And Chicago only has hinrich, Noah, deng and Gibson

The knicks have atleast 5 legitimate defenders, and 2 elitist defenders

Without question

The knicks are back

Shout out to the streets, my ****** on D block, that be slangin them rocks under the 4 train, and my real hood ******, it's all about them polos and shell tops, for real

asandhu23
11-04-2012, 08:26 AM
bashing in 3... 2... 1...

ilovesports
11-04-2012, 08:36 AM
are you a Heat fan?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2012, 08:40 AM
They have the best offensive team too

Melo is the best scorer in the NBA:laugh2:

Ill21
11-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Dupe

NJBASEBALL22
11-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Its not 2006 anymore

MetroMan
11-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Lol

Hustla23
11-04-2012, 08:51 AM
BooBoo isn't on the Knicks!

You fool!

seikou8
11-04-2012, 08:52 AM
can wait for psd to bash on the knicks because of on one troll:rolleyes:

N3TS
11-04-2012, 08:55 AM
It's way to early to determine that the Knicks are the best defensive team in the NBA after one game. They are definitely one of the better teams on the defensive end, but I still have to see more from them to determine where they rank amongst the best.

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Is anyone going to add anything of value to this thread? Yall just talking that hot ****, yall gotta get with the real. **** ****** can't even put up an legitimate as to why not

Wjo are he top defensive teams in the nba right now in paper? Tell me the knicks not atleast in the top 3.

You got pjilky, Miami, and he knicks in that top 3 imo, after that, it's a toss up

Fly
11-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Rasheed Wallace now making them a great defensive team is like calling a team with Allen Iverson now an offensive force to be reckoned with.

Hustla23
11-04-2012, 08:58 AM
They have the best offensive team too

Melo is the best scorer in the NBA:laugh2:
Well, the Knicks are ranked #1 in offensive efficiency at the moment. :silly:

Hustla23
Rasheed Wallace now making them a great defensive team is like calling a team with Allen Iverson now an offensive force to be reckoned with.
You take that back about Sheed, right this moment.

Slow Head Butt
You gotta drop a skilly in the duece and drop a 4 in the bubbles my *****, on that real.

In terms of front lines, the knicks and lakers have the best defensive front lines, with Chandler, Camby, Wallace and Howard, Gasol, hill, respectively

Throw in shumpert and beabuos,, and tell me they not holding down the long d?

seikou8
11-04-2012, 09:00 AM
wow the knicks got a game in 4 hours talk about early

Hustla23
11-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Slow Butthead, the Knicks do not have Beaubois. Unless they kidnapped him in the last 48 hours and somehow rearranged contracts so that he now plays for the Knicks.

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:01 AM

who said that lil homie? We talking about the entire team my *****, the show squad, Brooklyn, Staten Island, long Island, Manhattan, stand up!

Chandler, Wallace, Camby, shumpert, beabuos

Wallace just a piece of the puzzle homie, just a piece, on that real

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 09:03 AM

In China he is :eyebrow:

Fly
11-04-2012, 09:03 AM
You gotta drop a skilly in the duece and drop a 4 in the bubbles my *****, on that real.

In terms of front lines, the knicks and lakers have the best defensive front lines, with Chandler, Camby, Wallace and Howard, Gasol, hill, respectively

lolwut

Fly
11-04-2012, 09:04 AM
who said that lil homie? We talking about the entire team my *****, the show squad, Brooklyn, Staten Island, long Island, Manhattan, stand up!

Camby blows ****, and those players can't make up for the fact that Stat and Melo are two of the worst defensive players in the NBA.

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 09:05 AM

NEW YORK STAND UP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5H7dxtPXLSQ#t=14s)

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:06 AM

Camby blows ****, and those players can't make up for the fact that Stat and Melo are two of the worst defensive players in the NBA.

Lil homie, my ***** state rehabbing that arthroscopic knee cap right now, don't even bring him up, you fake, and all my ****** real. We talking about right now, today, with the current roster homie

You over here taking that bull, im talking about our defense right now

knicks=love
11-04-2012, 09:06 AM
So no one else is going to tell the OP that we have Ronnie BREWER and not beaubois.. :facepalm:

Oh and this goes without even saying it: in before close.

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Sad thing this dude isn't even a dupe if you ask me. It's just how he is. He's one of the dudes on the block who think he knows more about ball than anyone here because he watches the Knicks play at the bar (or in his mom's basement) and played 2K a couple hundred times. Now he comes here and continues to give the Knicks fans a bad name.

seikou8
11-04-2012, 09:10 AM
So no one else is going to tell the OP that we have Ronnie BREWER and not beaubois.. :facepalm:

Oh and this goes without even saying it: in before close.

he is a dupe if we answer to him he wins let hm be

StarvingKnick22
11-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Nope, probably top 5 but not #1.

knicks=love
11-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Sad thing this dude isn't even a dupe if you ask me. It's just how he is. He's one of the dudes on the block who think he knows more about ball than anyone here because he watches the Knicks play at the bar (or in his mom's basement) and played 2K a couple hundred times. Now he comes here and continues to give the Knicks fans a bad name.

We already have a bad name on this site.

StarvingKnick22
11-04-2012, 09:12 AM
I think its flatbush---maybe

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:13 AM

Just another fake ***** hating on the real, just hating because that boy Bynum blowing that bomb haze instead of getting his reps on the court.

While my squad out there ballin, playing good d for the past 2 seasons

You ain't bout that life lil homie

Cromedome
11-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm sooo sick of the idea that if (1) or (2) people talk crazy about the knicks....they make ALL Knick fans look bad.

How dumb is that?

Slow Head Butt
Who better on the defensive side of basketball than the knicks right now?

If you can't tell me that don't talk that bull online lil homie

Hustla23
Is this incarceratedbob maybe? Now I'm getting kinda excited that we might have gotten Beaubois somehow....

jd25213
11-04-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm sooo sick of the idea that if (1) or (2) people talk crazy about the knicks....they make ALL Knick fans look bad.

How dumb is that?

That's how it is with Net fans.

And I'm just taking a guess here, but I guess this Slow Butt Head wants to be perma banned.

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Just another fake ***** hating on the real, just hating because that boy Bynum blowing that bomb haze instead of getting his reps on the court.

Naa lil homie I aint no hater son I'm a motha****in bawse. I ball so hard motha****ers wanna find me yo.

We be BALLIN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2JfY-nVaqg) round my way

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:22 AM
So Chandler and Camby isn't the best starting /backup center combo since shaq and Alonzo morning in 06 tho?

Don't play yourself, real recognize real, and all yall fake

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:24 AM

Naa lil homie I aint no hater son I'm a motha****in bawse. I ball so hard motha****ers wanna find me yo.

We be BALLIN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2JfY-nVaqg) round my way

Aight my *****, i see u be making them racks, maybe u is bout that life

But u not finna tell me that the knicks don't have the best long d in the nba right now

And if not, who is?

Fly
11-04-2012, 09:25 AM
So Chandler and Camby isn't the best starting /backup center combo since shaq and Alonzo morning in 06 tho?

lol

But u not finna tell me that the knicks don't have the best long d in the nba right now

And if not, who is?

lol

JPS
11-04-2012, 09:27 AM

This is the best ebonics punctuation, spacing and spelling I have ever read on this site. My hat is off to you sir.

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:28 AM

lol

And if not, who is?

lol

Fake ****** be able laughing online wile me and swagcuff me Makin that paper in the streets

This ain't no game lil homie, it's do or die out here and Tyson Chandler has proven to be tha ***** on the d and on the boards

Jetsguy
11-04-2012, 09:29 AM
MF4E get banned? They have the same grammar

Fly
11-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Fake ****** be able laughing online wile me and swagcuff me Makin that paper in the streets

This ain't no game lil homie, it's do or die out here and Tyson Chandler has proven to be tha ***** on the d and on the boards

Yo yeah you right you gots me dere breh , wOrd!

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:31 AM

This is the best ebonics punctuation, spacing and spelling I have ever read on this site. My hat is off to you sir.

Idk what u just said, but I'm a real *****, i be dotting my p's and q's, for real yo. I go hard

seikou8
11-04-2012, 09:31 AM

whaling for respect right now :laugh:

Fly
11-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Idk what u just said, but I'm a real *****, i be dotting my p's and q's, for real yo. I go hard

he goes hard so git straight boi with muh beeotch

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:32 AM

Yo yeah you right you gots me dere breh , wOrd!.

For real homie, i been saying that real since the original transmission, u just catching on, but it's iight, we on the same page now

So u agree Chandler is better than Howard right?

Fly
11-04-2012, 09:33 AM

For real homie, i been saying that real since the original transmission, u just catching on, but it's iight, we on the same page now

Yo duh nig chandler iz da greatest o' all tyme and ****.

knicks=love
11-04-2012, 09:33 AM
MF4E get banned? They have the same grammar

I was thinking the same thing :hi5:

knicks=love
11-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Who better on the defensive side of basketball than the knicks right now?

If you can't tell me that don't talk that bull online lil homie

We've played one regular season game.. :facepalm:

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:36 AM

Nah, u taking it too far lil homie, im talking about on the long d right now, not all time, we just speaking about the political present, on that real, u see?

All a real ***** saying is that Chandler, right now, is that *****

He DPOY, he proven, for a ring, and made the mavs and knicks great defenses, while the magics was never top 5

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Since the first scripture the knicks been bout that life

Top 3 defenses right now:
Knicks

Philly (my real ******)
Miami

And the bulls

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 09:44 AM

Maynnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee we be making dat chedda dat dough dat bread dat bread c-notes on top of c-notes my *****..... we bout that motha***** life ***** aint no punk *** ****** gon **** with my ***** motha*****...

REAL RECOGNIZE REAL STAND UP MY ***** STAND UP we be ballin on these motha****** son all day erryday :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

GiantsSwaGG
11-04-2012, 09:46 AM

And if not, who is?

Man shut up talking about racks. Take ya fake gangster off the computer and go get a 9-5 to pay rent for ya moms basement bumbass

Swashcuff

Knicks

Philly (my real ******)
Miami

And the bulls

See this why you my ***** son... we like brothers you feel me

Real recognize real mayneeeeee

GiantsSwaGG
Maynnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee we be making dat chedda dat dough dat bread dat bread c-notes on top of c-notes my *****..... we bout that motha***** life ***** aint no punk *** ****** gon **** with my ***** motha*****...

REAL RECOGNIZE REAL STAND UP MY ***** STAND UP we be ballin on these motha****** son all day erryday :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Stop listening to Meek Millz son lol

GiantsSwaGG
11-04-2012, 09:47 AM

He could of been a pop

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:48 AM

All my ****** real and bout that life, u dare a **** ***** get in our way lol homie, u hop out that mother ****ed like bang boom, pop pop pop

On that real

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:50 AM

Stop listening to Meek Millz son lol

If you not listening to my homie, u clearly not bout that life

150 racks, 3hunna, polos and shell tops

My ***** be reciting scriptures and be making that real lyrical music, my ***** like moatsart in his prime

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:51 AM

Knicks

Philly (my real ******)
Miami

And the bulls

On some real **** my *****, u a real *****, no bull

jp611
11-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Got some gangsta's up in hurr

BklynKnicks3
11-04-2012, 09:55 AM
top 5 for sure case can be made for top 3

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:58 AM

U not a real fan, u fake, if you clearly can't understand we have the best defensive, u not a real knicks fans, plain and simple

seikou8
11-04-2012, 10:00 AM
this is funniest thread i have ever seen

ewing
11-04-2012, 10:33 AM
]You gotta drop a skilly in the duece and drop a 4 in the bubbles my *****, on that real. [/B]

Please tell me what this means?

ewing
11-04-2012, 10:34 AM
he is a dupe if we answer to him he wins let hm be

Yes, don't let him take our freedom

Cromedome
11-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Wtf is this?

ewing
11-04-2012, 10:42 AM

Thats a good question i cant think of many good center combos. Yao and Deke come to mind as do Noah and Asik. Perk and KG even though KG was the starting 4. Someone help us out on this one

VillaMaravilla
11-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Has anyone been able to decipher any of these posts lmao

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 10:46 AM

Thats a good question i cant think of many good center combos. Yao and Deke come to mind as do Noah and Asik. Perk and KG even though KG was the starting 4. Someone help us out on this one

I don't think there are any others outside of that group

29$JerZ
11-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Best team in the NBA. We beat the Champs. Get on our level.

justinnum1
11-04-2012, 10:54 AM
:laugh2:

knicks=love
11-04-2012, 11:02 AM

God almighty, now we've got him started.

effen5
11-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Must be knick lingo no clue what the **** the op is saying

Gram
11-04-2012, 11:14 AM
can wait for psd to bash on the knicks because of on one troll:rolleyes:

Yeah because Slow Heat Butt, NySpirit1, BlknKnicks3, Da Knicks, and flatbush Knicks are all one person. :facepalm:

seikou8
11-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah because Slow Heat Butt, NySpirit1, BlknKnicks3, Da Knicks, and flatbush Knicks are all one person. :facepalm:

its funny you know there names:rolleyes: but why using the facepalm we a big fan base of course there will be trolls come on man i don't care anymore that knicks have bad rep on this site.

Gram
11-04-2012, 11:25 AM
its funny you know there names:rolleyes: but why using the facepalm we a big fan base of course there will be trolls come on man i don't care anymore that knicks have bad rep on this site.

Of course I know their names, their stupid threads in the NBA forum take up most of the space. :laugh: I used the facepalm because you said the Knicks have one troll...duh? :confused:

Good, shouldn't care. You're not a mod. :cool:

ewing
11-04-2012, 11:27 AM

I deserve a mention

Avenged
11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
:facepalm: mods are still sleeping I guess.

Gram
11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
I deserve a mention

I love ewing. Troll or not, he's not a troll to me.

AI
11-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Love how people act like this thread is legit. The OP is obviously a troll.

Shoompert? Beabuos? Pluh-ease.

celtics 34
11-04-2012, 11:39 AM
How is this still open?

ewing
11-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Love how people act like this thread is legit. The OP is obviously a troll.

Shoompert? Beabuos? Pluh-ease.

Please

KnicksorBust
11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
The OP is a joke talking about players we don't even have so it's hard to take him seriously. But the actual topic is relevant. The Knicks were top 5 in defensive effeciency last season and now have the returning DPOY added to Marcus Camby and Ronnie Brewer. it'd be foolish for Knicks fans to exaggerate the impact Rasheed Wallace and Kurt Thomas but it is an improvement over the Josh Harrelson's of the world (at least defensively). Lin and Fields were two of the worst man to man defenders on our team last year and they have been replaced with Felton, Kidd, and Brewer. Assuming Shumpert comes back fully healthy I see no reason why we can't improve on an already stout defense from last season.

DeRaptor95
11-04-2012, 11:49 AM
LOL and i thought people would be laughing at my comments about DeRozan being a allstar

DeRaptor95
11-04-2012, 11:50 AM
After one game Knicks are the best defensive team in the NBA?

KNICKS R BACK
11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
OK first things first...D-Block is no where near the 4 train...the knicks dont have roddy beubois and you sound like an idiot...the knicks are definitely one of the better defensive teams in the league but do all knicks fans a favor and dont speak for the knicks anymore

KNICKS R BACK
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM

the knicks dont have beubois...where are you getting this from? im starting to think you are mentally challenged

Hustla23
11-04-2012, 11:59 AM
LOL and i thought people would be laughing at my comments about DeRozan being a allstar
The Knicks are much closer to being the best defensive team in the NBA than Derozan is to being an All-Star.

I say we take a look at the defensive efficiency stats midway through the season and see where the Knicks stack. Most likely they're top 3 and I wouldn't be surprised if they were second behind or pushing for first.

shyfly24
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM
What does "long D" even mean?

And I'm not understanding the whole concept of them being the best defensive team in the league. Camby can't even make it onto the court w/ all this injuries, Sheed isn't even in shape and who knows if he still has any left. Shumpert may never even be the name defensive player after the ACL injury.

And on top of that their worst defender isnt' even playing in Amare, whats gonna happen when he comes back and plays 35+ min a game? How are your other defensive stoppers camby and wallace gonna get min?

GiantsSwaGG
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM

My ***** be reciting scriptures and be making that real lyrical music, my ***** like moatsart in his prime

Stop acting like you got rack famz. Real recognize nothing, leave the street **** in the street. And deff ain't about that life since u talking all gangster in a sports forum *****. Calm ya neck

GiantsSwaGG
11-04-2012, 12:01 PM

No, we ignored it cause it was a stupid/homer comment

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 12:05 PM
What does "long D" even mean?

And I'm not understanding the whole concept of them being the best defensive team in the league. Camby can't even make it onto the court w/ all this injuries, Sheed isn't even in shape and who knows if he still has any left. Shumpert may never even be the name defensive player after the ACL injury.

And on top of that their worst defender isnt' even playing in Amare, whats gonna happen when he comes back and plays 35+ min a game? How are your other defensive stoppers camby and wallace gonna get min?

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A3mB6tys2TE#t=88s)

TheNumber37
11-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Ronnie brewer, dude.

Manimal
11-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Knicks have the best defensive team in the NBA and the Bobcats have the best chance of finishing with the best record in the NBA.

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2012, 12:38 PM
24 posts, use your real account you COWARD.

You are not a man you are a little child screaming for attention.

Trolling is one thing but have the balls to do it from your real account

KnicksorBust
11-04-2012, 12:46 PM
:laugh: Why is everyone afraid to actually have this discussion? He could be right you know.

Guppyfighter
11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
:laugh: Why is everyone afraid to actually have this discussion? He could be right you know.

He's not. /thread

thrice4
11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
They may have one of the best defenses but they still won't go anywhere in the playoffs.

29$JerZ
11-04-2012, 12:58 PM
The OP is a joke talking about players we don't even have so it's hard to take him seriously. But the actual topic is relevant. The Knicks were top 5 in defensive effeciency last season and now have the returning DPOY added to Marcus Camby and Ronnie Brewer. it'd be foolish for Knicks fans to exaggerate the impact Rasheed Wallace and Kurt Thomas but it is an improvement over the Josh Harrelson's of the world (at least defensively). Lin and Fields were two of the worst man to man defenders on our team last year and they have been replaced with Felton, Kidd, and Brewer. Assuming Shumpert comes back fully healthy I see no reason why we can't improve on an already stout defense from last season.

God Forbid the Knicks have anything positive going for them.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
11-04-2012, 01:03 PM
the knicks have the best d and the BUCKS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE EAST 2-0!!! TAKE THAT MA *****!!!

AlexTmz2
11-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Got some gangsta's up in hurr

lol!

now that's funny.

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 01:07 PM
**** ****** forever hating on the real son

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM

Stop acting like you got rack famz. Real recognize nothing, leave the street **** in the street. And deff ain't about that life since u talking all gangster in a sports forum *****. Calm ya neck

You ain't bout that life hoe, this suwoo crip gang over here fam, we load up them cartridges, and buss on any and all **** ****** you feel me?

U ain't finna talk to no ***** who ain't bout that paper, me and my ****** be beating up that clit on the low box and yall ****** hating

theheatles
11-04-2012, 01:13 PM
You ain't bout that life hoe, this suwoo crip gang over here fam, we load up them cartridges, and buss on any and all **** ****** you feel me?

U ain't finna talk to no ***** who ain't bout that paper, me and my ****** be beating up that clit on the low box and yall ****** hating

soooooo....Which grade in Elementary School did you drop out?

mike_noodles
11-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I could break it down for you why they actually weren't top 5 defense last year, but it 1. Would cause a mass eruption 2. Is too hard for most people to understand, and 3. I don't feel like it.

But I can make it fairly simple (and watch for the reaction). The "pace" stat used to calculate defensive efficiency is ********.

BSplaya2121
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I would have agreed with this........... if it was the mid 90's

Robbw241
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM

Maybe a drug dealer isn't the best person to be getting basketball analysis from. IDK just a thought.

Chill_Will_24
11-04-2012, 01:35 PM
**** ****** forever hating on the real son

Is that what you said to McDonalds decided not to hire you?

GiantsSwaGG
11-04-2012, 01:40 PM

You's a fake crip from this post... But this is a sports forum. No need to exposed ya fake g card dogs...

KnicksorBust
11-04-2012, 01:41 PM
He's not. /thread

Informative. :rolleyes:

I could break it down for you why they actually weren't top 5 defense last year, but it 1. Would cause a mass eruption 2. Is too hard for most people to understand, and 3. I don't feel like it.

But I can make it fairly simple (and watch for the reaction). The "pace" stat used to calculate defensive efficiency is ********.

I'm listening. If you have something intelligent to add to the thread please do and this might actually become a discussion. I've yet to see a contrary opinion of value.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Love Sosa was one of the worst songs ever made.

thrice4
11-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Why did this thread turn into idiots quoting rap songs

Hawkeye15
11-04-2012, 01:56 PM
meh, I actually thought they would have a top 8 defense at seasons end.....

Blitzbolt
11-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Is it just are knicks the new HAWKS?

GiantsSwaGG
11-04-2012, 02:01 PM

I don't like was hot thou

Kashmir13579
11-04-2012, 02:23 PM
meh, I actually thought they would have a top 8 defense at seasons end.....

Top 8, thats it? You know they were better than that last season? And we added KT, Camby, and Brewer.

P Harvy
11-04-2012, 02:25 PM
So you go onto explain yourself in a huge wall of text that by the way I didn't even read and you're going to say its without question??

Lol good one man.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Top 8, thats it? You know they were better than that last season? And we added KT, Camby, and Brewer.

Yep. Top 8 isn't too shabby, and this isn't last year, they need to prove it again with no Shumpert on the roster for the majority of the season.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
and by top 8, that means they could finish 1-8.

Kashmir13579
11-04-2012, 02:38 PM
and by top 8, that means they could finish 1-8.

I just don't see how by adding defensive specialists they would drop in the rankings.. In my opinion they will be top 3. The defense looks great already and no Camby or Shumpert.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I just don't see how by adding defensive specialists they would drop in the rankings.. In my opinion they will be top 3. The defense looks great already and no Camby or Shumpert.

It's very difficult to be a top 5 offensive team consistently. You are also going to be giving Melo, and eventually Stoudemire (why do you think the defense looks better...) minutes. Until Melo specifically does it consistently, I will not buy he is a plus defender.

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 02:42 PM

You nothing but a hater, haters don't be making no racks

That song is beast, and don't like is one of the best tracks of the decade

A fake ***** that that **** I don't like

Hawkeye15
11-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Wolves #2 in defensive rating after 2 games.

Can we stop jumping the gun guys? Knicks were good last year, should be again, but making claims this early are ridiculous.

Kashmir13579
11-04-2012, 02:45 PM
It's very difficult to be a top 5 offensive team consistently. You are also going to be giving Melo, and eventually Stoudemire (why do you think the defense looks better...) minutes. Until Melo specifically does it consistently, I will not buy he is a plus defender.

Yeah, but they were top 5 last season with STAT and D'antoni as the coach for half the year. We added Brewer and a DPOY, and had a full training camp under Woodson.

Kashmir13579
11-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Wolves #2 in defensive rating after 2 games.

Can we stop jumping the gun guys? Knicks were good last year, should be again, but making claims this early are ridiculous.

I've been saying they would be top 5 long before the season started.

JNoel
11-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Lmfao 1 game and the Knick fans start flocking

JNoel
11-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Wrong thread

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I think the Knicks can make it to the ECF if Amare buys into what they're doing now. Carmelo must play like an MVP caliber player, play elite defense, Amare has to help Tyson out on the interior D.

Now whether they can be Miami with biased Heat reffing, I don't know, but it'll be interesting to see.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I've been saying they would be top 5 long before the season started.

I said they would be top 8 or so. Sticking to it. That means pretty damn good, we will see what injuries they are dealt with the age of that roster though man, which is why I am not labeling them top 5 by seasons end right now.

Kashmir13579
11-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I said they would be top 8 or so. Sticking to it. That means pretty damn good, we will see what injuries they are dealt with the age of that roster though man, which is why I am not labeling them top 5 by seasons end right now.

Thats fair enough. Injuries are basically the only thing, imo, that will keep them from the top 5.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Thats fair enough. Injuries are basically the only thing, imo, that will keep them from the top 5.

yeah dude, the age of the roster just scares me off. But if they can keep healthy, you figure a top 3-4 defense this season, especially with Woodson running the show, and any game Amare misses helps the defense haha.

Kashmir13579
11-04-2012, 02:59 PM
yeah dude, the age of the roster just scares me off. But if they can keep healthy, you figure a top 3-4 defense this season, especially with Woodson running the show, and any game Amare misses helps the defense haha.

My biggest fear is, because we do look great, Amar'e coming back and screwing everything up. I've seen't it before.

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 03:09 PM

Age means bu **** in the east because it's mainly half court offense sets

I stated this earlier I believe my *****

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Just shut up. :facepalm:

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 03:11 PM

You's a fake crip from this post... But this is a sports forum. No need to exposed ya fake g card dogs...

Who u think u is to be talking to a real ***** like ima **** *****? I'll take my 32 inch long **** and put it in your mail box while I'm ****ing your favorite ***** on the low post

Real *****, all day homie

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Who u think u is to be talking to a real ***** like ima **** *****? I'll take my 32 inch long **** and put it in your mail box while I'm ****ing your favorite ***** on the low post

LOLLLLLLLLLLL you don't have a 32 inch long dick. :facepalm:

Who even says that? :laugh:

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Just shut up. :facepalm:

You just mad cause you not on the east coast so you know nothing about that long d

All yall division run around and shoot 3s while my real ****** be in the paint making them racks on that real

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 03:15 PM

LOLLLLLLLLLLL you don't have a 32 inch long dick. :facepalm:

Who even says that? :laugh:

I finna make a tumblr and show you I'm bout that life lil homie

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:16 PM
You just mad cause you not on the east coast so you know nothing about that long d

All yall division run around and shoot 3s while my real ****** be in the paint making them racks on that real

Speak english... Why would I be mad that I don't live on the east coast? I go to one of the best universities for my program. Why would I be mad about that? :facepalm:

My division? What? Is that supposed to mean the Central division because I'm a Pistons fan? What on Earth are you talking about?

cubs0707
11-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Word to your motherv

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:17 PM

Finna? Tumblr? Are those even words?

tnewkirk
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM

:facepalm: troll.

tnewkirk
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Finna? Tumblr? Are those even words?

he means gonna lol.

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:19 PM
he means gonna lol.

I thought he was trying to speak English/Finnish. :facepalm:

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Speak english... Why would I be mad that I don't live on the east coast? I go to one of the best universities for my program. Why would I be mad about that? :facepalm:

My division? What? Is that supposed to mean the Central division because I'm a Pistons fan? What on Earth are you talking about?

Well I go to UOB, University of The Block

I got my degrees in finance, and *** whooping, and if u finna talk to a real ***** like that, you best say it to my chest before I send you a hyperlink in your signature

Kashmir13579
11-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Everyone report this idiot until he gets banned.

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:22 PM

I got my degrees in finance, and *** whooping, and if u finna talk to a real ***** like that, you best say it to my chest before I send you a hyperlink in your signature

:laugh: I'm 6-7 and 240 pounds. Come at me.

Lol University of the Block eh? Sounds like one of those rented rooms next to that gringey Latino restaurant down the street. Wanna go for lunch and then I can help you write down notes for your *** whooping lecture?

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM

:laugh: I'm 6-7 and 240 pounds. Come at me.

Lol University of the Block eh? Sounds like one of those rented rooms next to that gringey Latino restaurant down the street. Wanna go for lunch and then I can help you write down notes for your *** whooping lecture?

You can try to intimidate me with your edgumacation and all that crap you don't need but that won't help you when I load up the cartridge and let off a clip in that 6'7 frame homie

Ima real *****, i got racks, your edgumacation ain't gunna help you make no paper in these streets

Put that in your ask jeeves and Google search and smoke it lil homie

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
You can try to intimidate me with your edgumacation and all that crap you don't need but that won't help you when I load up the cartridge and let off a clip in that 6'7 frame homie

Ima real *****, i got racks, your edgumacation ain't gunna help you make no paper in these streets

Wait so first you were gonna whoop my ***, but now you're gonna shoot me? Doesn't that mean you ARE intimidated? :facepalm:

We're not on the streets, we're on a Sports forum. :facepalm:

Put what in ask jeeves and Google search? You didn't even tell me what to search. :facepalm:

Patrick Ewing33
11-04-2012, 03:30 PM

Put that in your ask jeeves and Google search and smoke it lil homieHe's legit, back off fellas.

RaiderKid318
11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
they are old see if they can keep up a few months from now

StarvingKnick22
11-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Two games in a row we only let the teams score 84. We got that B roll.

RLundi
11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Lol! Obvious troll thread, especially the last paragraph :laugh2:

illwill83
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Man keep this thread going, this is awesome entertainment lol.

Utd7
11-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Lol after reading 11 pages of this thread I didn't think I'd make it in time to post

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Good start, Dumb thread.

NYKINFL
11-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Are we a good defensive team? I'd say yes, however, the best that's a question for another day.

RLundi
11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Lol after reading 11 pages of this thread I didn't think I'd make it in time to post

11 pages? Lol change your settings, good lord.

jam
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Knicks beat the Heat 4-0 in the ECF finals. Book it.

Sarcasm.

NYYCowboys
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Oh boy...

kyubi256
11-04-2012, 04:19 PM
They do have a good defense. No question about it. They hustle and they have good enough chemistry to help out when it is needed.

But to say they have great defense? Top in the league? That is overrating it

IDunknown
11-04-2012, 04:20 PM

:facepalm::sad2:

IDunknown
11-04-2012, 04:31 PM

Mozart

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Mozart

My bad homie, i musta mixed the henny with the patrons while I was smoking that bomb

On that real

illwill83
11-04-2012, 04:43 PM
the fact that no one has banned this clown is amazing

Munkeysuit
11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Knicks are a joke, and they always will be with Melo driving that station wagon of a team.

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Knicks are a joke, and they always will be with Melo driving that station wagon of a team.

You hating on melo but he making them racks and got a ride or die ***** and a seed..

He bout that life, and you fake

IDunknown
11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
My bad homie, i musta mixed the henny with the patrons while I was smoking that bomb

On that real

:laugh2:

illwill83
11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
get em head butt smash on lil dookie

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 05:00 PM
get em head butt smash on lil dookie

Word homie, you a real *****, ima role up that sticky icky in a minute and blow a clown for you my *****

Pour out some liquor for my dead homes, on that real

LASportsFan1996
11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
:laugh: Here we go doe

CostanzaNumba0
11-04-2012, 05:04 PM

We don't ban people for death threats anymore?

Captain Moroni
11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Shhhh don't tell anybody. Just let them bash this squad, and call the Knicks old. Thy will find out for themselves soon enough.

Captain Moroni
11-04-2012, 05:48 PM

Yup.......you're absolutely right, keep believing that. We re weak, we suck......mike Dantoni is still the coach......yup

JordansBulls
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
To me they are without doubt the biggest threat to Miami especially in the East and maybe be better than OKC now.

WaltonSystem
11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm sure it's been said before in this thread but Technically, there are 4 teams ahead of them in Defensive efficiency so far this year. Chicago, Boston, Philly, and Miami (small sample size i know) The Knicks, once Shumpert comes back, will have a very formidable lineup.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-04-2012, 11:01 PM
So did all the NBA forum mods retire or...? The OP is an idiot.

PurpleJesus
11-04-2012, 11:20 PM
So did all the NBA forum mods retire or...? The OP is an idiot.

The OP is hood. You are racist.

soundjunkies2
11-04-2012, 11:21 PM
I think this probably goes without question, but let me be the first to tell you, the knicks have the best defensive squad in the league.

When you talk about having 2 DPOY centers, the legendary Radheed Wallace, Ronnie beabuos, Jason kidd, iman Shoompert, as well as Kurt Thomas on one squad, you are going to be solid

People like to talk crap, but the KNICKS ARE BACK!!!!!!! Top 5 in defense last year with just Chandler and shumpert alone. Now we have added even better defenders, especially on the interior, not to mention beabuos excellent perimeter defense that can rival the great Garry Peyton

I think it goes without question that this team is even better than last years team on the defensive end at the very least

Haters can talk crap, and say we're old, but the knicks play in the east, with a alot of teams playing half court sets, unlike in the west where in OKC you just have two clowns running iso plays every possession, and whatever the hell the lakers are doing

And the clippers just throw alley oops every possession just so Blake can get his 20pts according to some on this site

Tyson Chandler is the best defensive center in the league, dwit is overated, he never had a impact like Chandler from the standpoint that he changed the culture of his teams

He transformed Dallas into a great defensive team, and turned the knicks into an elitist defensive team

If you don't think they have the best defensive squad, who does? Certainty not Miami, that's for sure, they can't defend in the post, but are great at perimeter defense

And Chicago only has hinrich, Noah, deng and Gibson

The knicks have atleast 5 legitimate defenders, and 2 elitist defenders

Without question

The knicks are back

Shout out to the streets, my ****** on D block, that be slangin them rocks under the 4 train, and my real hood ******, it's all about them polos and shell tops, for real

Is this Ron Artest?

eaglesfan18
11-04-2012, 11:24 PM
DID THIS GUY JUST SAY RASHEED WALLACES OLD WORN DOWN *** IS GONA MAKE A DIFFERENCE DEFENSIVELY AND MAKE THEM TOP 3? AND MARCUS CAMBY? HE DOES KNOW THIS IS 2012 RIGHT :facepalm:

uprightciti
11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
they just need to keep playing slow ball
make smart plays and they will win games
amare and shump back in dec/jan
that gives you some serious fire power
esp against the heat

shump is an elite defender in training and will crush wade this season for sure
amare i think will be in amazing shape and have a post up game better than most pf's in the league

watch out
here come the KNICKS

Ty Fast
11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
slow down. its only 2 games into the season. they are an old team. lets see how long they keep it up and how they do when amare comes back but i will say they have looked very good so far.

Hoopsadvocate
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
they just need to keep playing slow ball
make smart plays and they will win games
amare and shump back in dec/jan
that gives you some serious fire power
esp against the heat

shump is an elite defender in training and will crush wade this season for sure
amare i think will be in amazing shape and have a post up game better than most pf's in the league
watch out
here come the KNICKS

heard that before and guess what they didnt do squat.

I cant wait for 15-20 games into the season and how knick fans will change thir tone slowly as they realize they suck again but then again they will still overrate themselves come playoff time only to be brought down to reality once again.

Never fails like the sun rises and sets.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
The OP is hood. You are racist.

Extremely racist.

knicksfan42
11-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Legendary troll I actually laughed.

WAYNEBO
11-05-2012, 12:36 AM
2 games and trolls come out... they look good, but it's a LONG season.

KnicksPain
11-05-2012, 05:08 AM
We don't ban people for death threats anymore?

:laugh:

Evolution23
11-05-2012, 07:04 AM
OP is a butt hurt Heat fan

JNoel
11-05-2012, 08:13 AM
how is this not closed yet?

MetroMan
11-05-2012, 08:17 AM
how is this not closed yet?

word

knicksfan42
11-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Alright alright enough arguing I think its obvious that with with Iman Shoompert and Ronnie beabuos the Knicks have the best defansice teem in the nba.

Anyways where the troll messed up is later spelling Iman Shumpert correctly.

naps
11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Ofcourse, Knicks are the greatest thing in sports history.

faze38
11-05-2012, 09:27 AM

Melo hasn't looked like one of the worst defenders in the league ever since Woodson took over so u might want to actually watch a Knicks game or 2. Just saying as far as being the best D in the league that's a little early to say now.

thenaj17
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Top 10....maybe

AI
11-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Top 10....maybe

Well we were 8th last year, and look even better this year. I don't get why people don't realize this is a pretty solid defensive team.

nycericanguy
11-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Top 10....maybe

They were top 5 last year without guys like Camby, Thomas, Sheed, Kidd, Brewer & Felton, and despite playing under D'antoni most of the year. I don't see why they would all of a sudden drop 5 spots playing under Woodson the whole year. They were #1 defensive team under Woody.

But its too early to tell, they are def around the top 5, they're a very good defensive team, thats all that really matters.

He115ing
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM
not sure if this is a troll post or if OP is crazy. I am a Knicks fans but it is a little premature to be hailing them as the best defense in the NBA yet.

TheIlladelph16
11-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Well we were 8th last year, and look even better this year. I don't get why people don't realize this is a pretty solid defensive team.

I agree with this. Although if I see one more person reference Rasheed ****ing Wallace again as a legit factor on why they are an elite defensive team, I may just have to scream. Dude hasn't been relevant in 4+ years.

mjm07
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM
To me they are without doubt the biggest threat to Miami especially in the East and maybe be better than OKC now.

For a team that hasn't proven much, thats pretty high praise. But I will agree that they are a legitimate threat to the HEAT. Not bigger than Boston though IMO

mightybosstone
11-05-2012, 02:15 PM

Holy crap. I saw this and was just :laugh: at my desk. What in the **** does this even mean? Can we get a PSD translator to explain insane comments like this one?

NYKnickFanatic
11-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I agree with this. Although if I see one more person reference Rasheed ****ing Wallace again as a legit factor on why they are an elite defensive team, I may just have to scream. Dude hasn't been relevant in 4+ years.

Maybe not physically, but he is very vocal on the bench. He literally sits there and screams his lungs out when we are on D. He is very helpful and can give insight to other players.

JobaRules26
11-05-2012, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Slow Head Butt;24181948]You gotta drop a skilly in the duece and drop a 4 in the bubbles my *****, on that real.

Best. Post. Ever. I'm going to start saying this in employee meetings :clap:

nycericanguy
11-05-2012, 02:24 PM

He was relevant on BOS two years ago, and he was certainly relevant 4 years ago on DET.

I think he'll be more of a factor come playoff time than people think. He's still a smart, tough defender, and he can still shoot the 3 and draw opposing big men out of the paint.

TheIlladelph16
11-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Maybe not physically, but he is very vocal on the bench. He literally sits there and screams his lungs out when we are on D. He is very helpful and can give insight to other players.

So his best attribute on defense is that he is vocal from the bench? I believe that's what coaches are there to do haha.

He was relevant on BOS two years ago, and he was certainly relevant 4 years ago on DET.

I think he'll be more of a factor come playoff time than people think. He's still a smart, tough defender, and he can still shoot the 3 and draw opposing big men out of the paint.

Eh, I agree on Detroit and I was slightly exaggerating with the 4 years. He was not enough of a factor on Boston for me to consider him relevant at that time though. Knicks have a pretty solid and deep defense, but I just don't think Sheed is going to be anything resembling a significant factor of that.

Dankster
11-05-2012, 03:30 PM
They were already one of the top teams defensively last year- if I'm correct I'm pretty sure they were around 4th or 5th in defensive rating in the league.

There's a terrible misnomer that the Knicks are a bad or average defensive team, and that's mainly due to the stigma attached with this mired franchise from over the past decade.

Same type of stigma is attached to Melo, who I read on this forum at such an incessant level that he is NOT a good defensive player. Only people that would make that baseless claim are people that don't watch the games. It's almost like people mistaken him for Stoudemire out there on the court, who is a defensive liability in every sense of the word.

But if people actually watch the games, they would see the Knicks are easily one of the top defensive teams.

RonE Coleman
11-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Number 1 in Defense after 2 games. Most likely top 5-6 come seasons end with Camby and Shumpert still yet to play.