PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here actually play basketball?

JNoel
11-04-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm just curious because a lot of people here know their basketball, but can they play the game?

thrice4
11-04-2012, 03:30 AM
If my third grade self played me now i would get my @$$ kicked.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2012, 03:30 AM
played from age 7-25 all the time. Now just occasionally.

Quinnsanity
11-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Played high school ball and still play a ton of pickup.

broncosfan4eva
11-04-2012, 03:36 AM
If it wasn't football I was playing/practicing it was basketball

Monta is beast
11-04-2012, 03:36 AM
Made varsity freshman year, I'm a senior now, but I don't play organized ball anymore. I play pick up everyday though.

Go_NUGGETS
11-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Haven't been in the gym for a few months...I can drive the ball okay, but my shot is WET!!! I think I can take on anybody on Earth in a 3 pt contest or a game of horse!

douglas
11-04-2012, 03:43 AM
One time I played basketball and it was really cool and fun!

P Harvy
11-04-2012, 03:44 AM
Played competitive ball throughout high school.

Now I'll just play pick up every now and then but I did have the best jump shot out of anyone in my school. My personal best is 11 three pointers in a game. No BS either haha. That game was the game of my life.

Hellcrooner
11-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Played organized ball untill i entered University..... havent touched a basketball since then..... thats 17 years ago ....damm i miss it.

P Harvy
11-04-2012, 03:52 AM
by the way what does in real life mean?

I guess I do play in fake life

Da_Future_knick
11-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Play ball for my Varsity Basketball team. Working my way up starting to hear offers from D2 but still on the grind to get a D1 school to look at me. Hopefully, One day you guys will be talking about me lol.

shep33
11-04-2012, 04:01 AM
Played in high school. I was going to play college ball but decided to focus on school... probably the biggest regret of my life :(

Play in a men's league now.

KingsnQueens7
Pickup, good 3 shooter and rebounder thats it.

shep33
Play ball for my Varsity Basketball team. Working my way up starting to hear offers from D2 but still on the grind to get a D1 school to look at me. Hopefully, One day you guys will be talking about me lol.

Keep it up man! :clap:

3ballbomber
11-04-2012, 04:05 AM
i could play in the nba if i want......just don't wanna embarrass Kobe.

TyrionLannister
11-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Play pick-up when I can, tears in my ACL, MCL, and UCL all when I was younger essentially stopped any hope I had of making it big.

Sadds The Gr8
11-04-2012, 04:27 AM
when I'm in shape I'm iight. My nbadraft.net player comparison is Russell Westbrook/Derrick Rose/Steve Nash/Kyrie Irving

freedas
11-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Played high school and college ball NAIA was too short th play my natural position. I was a tweener at 6'4". I play in men's league once a year. My athleticism decided to leave me this year.

Iron24th
11-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Played organized ball from 10 to 24 years old, now occasionally, but I still can play at 30.

SINCESTARBURY25
11-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Averaged 1.4 points and 8 boards per game in Rec ball in middle school yay me! my scoring went up to 5 ppg in high school!

Eg714
11-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Never played for a school or league but played a lot of pickup games. I could get to the hoop almost any time I want but I'm a super streaky shooter.

mikekhelxD
11-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Played tons of pickup games back then. Played on local leagues throughout high school and early college years. However, the past 1-2 years, I haven't played at all. Too busy with school and other stuff.

Sometimes it makes you wonder when you see the same people in different leagues... is this really their life? lol. I know few people who does not have a life outside of basketball. Kinda sad.

Baller1
11-04-2012, 05:38 AM
6'0" whiteboy who epitomized "white men can't jump". I could beat anyone and everyone in a race, but I couldn't jump for **** (we're talking no bounce whatsoever, at all). Played high school ball, AAU, travel ball, and all that good stuff. I picked basketball over soccer, which was a huge mistake though. I'm a natural born soccer player.

Now I play in really competitive adult leagues. I've actually played against Sean Rooks (Magic, Lakers), and multiple pros from foreign countries. It's a really competitive league and a lot of fun. I'm not very good anymore compared to what I used to be though... At this point, just your average athletic whiteboy who can play defense and shoot the three.

xILLN355
11-04-2012, 05:43 AM
elementary and high school. now occasionally. i've sprained my ankle countless times and now hasn't healed and i last sprained it in august. i've always been the worst shooter on the court but stayed on the court with hustle and defense

mikekhelxD
11-04-2012, 05:47 AM
I'm actually lucky that I never got injured in any way during my days of playing heavily. The closest to injury I got is when I got suckered punch when a fight broke out.

aussie
11-04-2012, 06:03 AM
play in the NBL in Australia

Zefflin
11-04-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm college bench warmer level, although I'm obviously the best on psd. An easy feat.

Bullsfan22
11-04-2012, 06:12 AM
played high school ball and was average. My downfall is I'm best playing with my back to the basket but I'm only 5 foot 10. I can rebound well and I can cause match up problems in the post and get easy put backs but that's about it. Pg size and pf skills=no college ball for me.

Alayla
11-04-2012, 06:28 AM
I was a pretty good defender in highschool and not a bad playmaker eather

MetroMan
11-04-2012, 06:30 AM
have not played for the last 2 years.

Alayla
11-04-2012, 06:31 AM
elementary and high school. now occasionally. i've sprained my ankle countless times and now hasn't healed and i last sprained it in august. i've always been the worst shooter on the court but stayed on the court with hustle and defense

Shockingly similar but the difference is my shot isnt bad at least not from mid range is my Althelitic ability that is lacking

Knicks21
11-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Left competitive basketball (championship state league) for my age group (Under 18's) about 3 weeks ago. I have done 3 patella dislocations and a shoulder in the span of 18 months and decided that I didn't want to put myself through the rigorous rehab program again.

Some of my team mates will make it, college, even nba in the 2015/16 draft class. One kid would be the one of the top players in the nation if he played in usa.

11-04-2012, 06:50 AM
play in the NBL in Australia

lol really what team you play for i'll look u up

11-04-2012, 06:52 AM
how could you follow basketball and not play the game.

such a good sport imo

Cracka2HI!
11-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Played through Jr year in HS when it was obvious I wasn't going to the NBA LOL...or even going play varsity for that matter. I consider myself very good 1 on 1 and 2 on 2. I'm even pretty good in 3 on 3 games but I'm not as good in a 5 on 5 setting...anyone else like that?

Bulls_fan90
11-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Played the last 10+ years of my life at a competitive level. Used to be a great scorer, now all I can do is shoot three's and commit hard fouls.

Division 8 premiers 2012 lol!!

N3TS
11-04-2012, 07:49 AM
I played competitive till I was about 20, I'm 22 now and just play rec ball.

asandhu23
11-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Yes.

Hustla23
11-04-2012, 08:55 AM
How many people here even lift?

Knicks21
11-04-2012, 08:58 AM
How many people here even lift?

I sift bro.

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Starting point guard as a junior on my HS team. We won our zonal titles on two occasions when but never won national. Cricket is my love/passion though so when I left HS really didn't follow up on bball. Last week was the first time I actually played ball in about 2 years.

hugepatsfan
11-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I ball so hard mutha ****ers wanna fine me.

Hustla23
11-04-2012, 09:17 AM
I sift bro.
LOL what is "sifting," dude?

Ray_R
11-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Yea I got nba skills. Keith Bogans shot, Omer Asik Hands.

Knicks21
11-04-2012, 09:29 AM
LOL what is "sifting," dude?

Do you even bro?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vyvvTLCoVpo/T2V5fzcq-rI/AAAAAAAAB7Q/ZXlk2IQN95A/s1600/sift.jpg

BklynKnicks3
11-04-2012, 09:58 AM
iam a 5'9 jamal crawford with alot of handle crazy range just not as quick anymore tore acl/mcl but range is really crazy and i actually shoot better with defense. Last organized leage i played in i avg around 20

SteBO
11-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Playing high school ball was a challenge for me.....way too many politics involved. But I managed well enough. I was a scorer to start off with, but have since then become a spot up shooter type due to a borderline tragic ankle injury.......

I play occasionally, but have played more often as of late.

LongWayFromHome
11-04-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm a Varsity coach. Play pick up pretty regularly.

StarvingKnick22
11-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Point Guard here! great stats across the board, i don't have a consistent jump shot though...

eternal slumber
11-04-2012, 10:21 AM
played varsity basketball through high school. decided to focus on my studies because i wasn't a gifted athlete and a bit undersized. i am a very good post player, have some nice post moves, likes to bang inside the lane. developed my outside shooting and handles lately.

3RDASYSTEM
11-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Not only can you play but what kind of impact/defense gets applied to you when you play organized/gym/park ball?

like for example when i play and its 4 on 4 or 5, i get at least 2 players switching defense on me every game, and most times 3, and trust me my game is hella rusty ..but i still got a lil speed to burn and tho my set shot use to be KERResque, its not as deadly but i can do more with it..gamewise,so to me its more deadly because i have a arsenal instead of just a set shot

my surrouding cast will call for wat type of game i will play(its usually a KIDD or AI type game for me to play)...i play KIDD style with good players,and a AI type game with avg-garbage players

and my PER/efficiency be off the charts with good players, worse with avg players,way worse...i been trying to tell psd thats how it works if you actually played the game and had impact on outcome of it

last i played couple wks ago we won 4-5 straight and i probably missed 5 shots out of 25 attempts...and the 5 shots i missed were all pullup fastbreak jumpers and me being rusty since i dont ball no where near like i use to..but game/skill is that,it dont go nowhere,just gotta tone it up if you actually got 'game'

then i told my big man ''see what happens when i actually get good players to work with so i can focus on d and playmaking...we win(cause i always get the shiity/avg players,story of my bball life)

i can tell alot and i mean alot of psd dont ball, they just either watch the game, study the PER or rehash what billcurlymoe said

but bigup to those who really do ball and actually got a lil game, it makes it easier for debate and to be taken serious

how can you take someone serious when they have never picked up a pill?
then i will hear how this gm/scout didnt play the game and blah woo woo

but for every 1 gm/scout who hasnt,its a 1k of those who have played and showcased they 'game' on hardwood, so i'll go with that player watching PER efficient pct over the gm/scout /statsman type, or i'll give you a lil PER credit and call it 95-5,im not a bully

its just like if i got to actually watch you so called psd hoopers play just for a game or 2, i would be able to tell you whos got the most game, whos the best 3pt shooter,whos the best rebounder,whos the hustle player...its that easy just 'watching'...no PER/WS% needed never to vouch that for me,your 'game' will do that

jericho
11-04-2012, 10:34 AM
i never played orginized ball in my life. had the chance to make the varsity team but decided to get a job instead. im kinda of a crazy player lol dont have the best ball handles but i could brake some a ankles. im a team player tho i like to make the extra pass play hard on D and do all the lil things im not a scorer i could if i wanted to but again im lil bit to crazy when i have the ball in my hands lol

allday823
11-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Some know me a New York legend, a fabeled talent whose presence is still sensed on every New York play ground. I once grabbed a dollar bill off the top of the backboard. I am the greatest talent to never get recognized. Yes it's me and I'm still alive. Sincerely- the goat

Jk I was phenomenal in the 8th grade but my height caught up to me :( I played 3 years of varsity in Long Island, not really that athletic but tough smart a good shooter...I play pick up games here and there mostly for excersize

xxplayerxx23
11-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Played my whole life.

seikou8
11-04-2012, 10:54 AM
i play for varsity high school and also averaged 9.5 points 5 rebounds and 3 assists i am 6-2 now i am starting this year and yes i am young :hide:

Lloyd Christmas
11-04-2012, 11:42 AM
My advanced stats in pool nerf basketball rival Jordan's.

KnicksorBust
11-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I played high school and then rec in college. Now I'm a high school coach and I love it.

TheSource
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Currently playing in high school. I'll do anything the team needs me to do, be it scoring, passing, defending, rebounding, etc. I'm physically capable of playing with bigger guys and athletically able to keep up with quicker guys.

detzfish
11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
played in high school. 13 pts 7 rebs and 5 asts a game. played at a real small (height wise) school and was a 6-4 stretch pf. best shooter on the team and tallest on the team. Ended up getting a bunch of naia and d-2 offers but was dumb and stayed with a girl instead.

BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER, tho we are still together 5 years later

theheatles
11-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah, of course, played my whole life but now it looks more like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPKxqT3ktl4

Gram
11-04-2012, 12:23 PM
by the way what does in real life mean?

I guess I do play in fake life

:laugh:

Gram
11-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Played rep and in high school til I blew out my back in Grade 11. I play just as a hobby now.

Gram
11-04-2012, 12:26 PM
have not played for the last 2 years.

It's probably because you kept telling people to bow to you, thus leading them to not wanting to play with you anymore.

knicks=love
11-04-2012, 12:26 PM
i actually played this morning and strained my back :laugh2:

i haven't been able to play a lot lately (or as much as i usually do) because of the storm and college being up my ***. i started playing AAU as a 14 year old (20 now), but i've played ball my whole life. 5'7 point guard with a **** ton of speed, streaky jumper (when i'm on, it's hard to stop me), not terrible handles and good defense. i tried out for the school team from 7th-11th grade and was always the 13th person (last person cut) out of 50-70 kids trying out. i'm alright with that though, doesn't bother me.

i play in a ton of adult leagues, always being the shortest, and youngest by a lot. my first adult league (freshman year of college so 18 years old), i averaged around 30 points per game. crazy, i know, but someone had to score on my team since the team they put me on was a bunch of pansy *** girls.

my best attribute is definitely stealing the ball. i literally always strip the ball when someone goes up for a layup on me. idk how i picked that up, but i'm really good at doing that.

cuttydoesit6
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
back up pg for highland college in illinois, 6th man atm

Gram
11-04-2012, 12:28 PM
iam a 5'9 jamal crawford with alot of handle crazy range just not as quick anymore tore acl/mcl but range is really crazy and i actually shoot better with defense. Last organized leage i played in i avg around 20

That's a lie.

Gram
11-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I played high school and then rec in college. Now I'm a high school coach and I love it.

Are you a teacher as well? I wanna be a teacher and coach high school too. Did the basketball history increase your chance of your job? (that is if you're a teacher)

I Rock Shaqs
11-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Of course everybody is going to say they play, even know they really don't just for back-up when they something ridiculous.

knicks=love
11-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Are you a teacher as well? I wanna be a teacher and coach high school too. Did the basketball history increase your chance of your job? (that is if you're a teacher)

he's a math teacher because his english sucks (love you KoB :))

Gram
11-04-2012, 12:37 PM
he's a math teacher because his english sucks (love you KoB :))

Is he actually?

cuttydoesit6
11-04-2012, 12:38 PM
when i was 16 i was at this basketball showout (college scouting) in chicago with a couple of my cousins n their buddies n there were prob 150+ ppl, we got picked to be on different teams depending on position. i had offers from about 5-6 schools but ended up goin to highland bc its an hr from my hometown so i can def back up whatever im saying. after college i dont see myself playing again other than rec/mens leagues

KingPosey
11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
lol i love these threads when theyre made. The shattered dreams, the exaggerations, The phantom injuries that end future NBA careers lol.

Pluvious
11-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Lots of ankle injuries from others. Me too. I'm old now but when I was young I had some ankle injuries and would always be able to play again within a week (even when they swelled up like an orange). Now a year ago I sprained my ankle (I'm 39), tried playing on it after for awhile (it didn't feel bad) and now my doctor says its permenately damaged. :(

Anyway, after resting for many months its ok now but things change when you get older. Looking forward to playing in 40 and over leagues next year though. I'll at least be above average in those. :D

rocket
11-04-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm playing varsity as a sophomore for my school.

Chronz
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Not only can you play but what kind of impact/defense gets applied to you when you play organized/gym/park ball?

like for example when i play and its 4 on 4 or 5, i get at least 2 players switching defense on me every game, and most times 3, and trust me my game is hella rusty ..but i still got a lil speed to burn and tho my set shot use to be KERResque, its not as deadly but i can do more with it..gamewise,so to me its more deadly because i have a arsenal instead of just a set shot

my surrouding cast will call for wat type of game i will play(its usually a KIDD or AI type game for me to play)...i play KIDD style with good players,and a AI type game with avg-garbage players

and my PER/efficiency be off the charts with good players, worse with avg players,way worse...i been trying to tell psd thats how it works if you actually played the game and had impact on outcome of it

last i played couple wks ago we won 4-5 straight and i probably missed 5 shots out of 25 attempts...and the 5 shots i missed were all pullup fastbreak jumpers and me being rusty since i dont ball no where near like i use to..but game/skill is that,it dont go nowhere,just gotta tone it up if you actually got 'game'

then i told my big man ''see what happens when i actually get good players to work with so i can focus on d and playmaking...we win(cause i always get the shiity/avg players,story of my bball life)

i can tell alot and i mean alot of psd dont ball, they just either watch the game, study the PER or rehash what billcurlymoe said

but bigup to those who really do ball and actually got a lil game, it makes it easier for debate and to be taken serious

how can you take someone serious when they have never picked up a pill?
then i will hear how this gm/scout didnt play the game and blah woo woo

but for every 1 gm/scout who hasnt,its a 1k of those who have played and showcased they 'game' on hardwood, so i'll go with that player watching PER efficient pct over the gm/scout /statsman type, or i'll give you a lil PER credit and call it 95-5,im not a bully

its just like if i got to actually watch you so called psd hoopers play just for a game or 2, i would be able to tell you whos got the most game, whos the best 3pt shooter,whos the best rebounder,whos the hustle player...its that easy just 'watching'...no PER/WS% needed never to vouch that for me,your 'game' will do that
Get over it bro, you may have some skills on the streets but you dont know **** about the NBA GAME

Its easy to see when you talk stats like you know how they work. And your inconsistent arguments are hella easy to destroy. Nobody gives a **** who you side with, just how you defend your argument.

MJ is the GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME. I repeat HES THE GOAT. But guess what, he lets a stat head run his team because he knows how much he has ****ed up over the years. And thats the best player of all time. I REPEAT MJ IS THE GOAT. And hes still making stupid decisions. So if MJ isnt smart enough why the **** would I trust you?

At least MJ doesn't pretend to know stats, you on the other hand just look foolish.

netsgiantsyanks
11-04-2012, 01:25 PM
i used to play seriously in elementary/middle school, then the lazy phase hit. now i just play pick up now that i shed all of the weight i gained during the lazy phase.

Blitzbolt
11-04-2012, 01:52 PM
I love Basketball but as a 5'11 latino guy I suck really bad even in pick up games.But I'm a bad *** futbol(soccer)player.

Gram
11-04-2012, 02:48 PM
lol i love these threads when theyre made. The shattered dreams, the exaggerations, The phantom injuries that end future NBA careers lol.

Never said I was a future NBA player - just said my playing was cut short due to severe back injury.

KnicksorBust
11-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Yes I am. I'm a math teacher. I'm not sure what your last question is trying to say?

Gram
11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes I am. I'm a math teacher. I'm not sure what your last question is trying to say?

Sorry it was pretty badly worded.

What I was trying to ask was if your history with basketball and availability as a coach/trainer helped with your hiring. Hopefully that sounds better haha.

KnicksorBust
11-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Sorry it was pretty badly worded.

What I was trying to ask was if your history with basketball and availability as a coach/trainer helped with your hiring. Hopefully that sounds better haha.

To be honest, there's a lot of politics involved in getting a coaching position. You have to know the right people and either have an in with AD or the Varsity Coach. They could care less if I knew who was the 1978 NBA Champion. I think my passion for learning about the sport has helped me now that I'm a coach but in actually getting the position, no.

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:07 PM
To be honest, there's a lot of politics involved in getting a coaching position. You have to know the right people and either have an in with AD or the Varsity Coach. They could care less if I knew who was the 1978 NBA Champion. I think my passion for learning about the sport has helped me now that I'm a coach but in actually getting the position, no.

I understand that. I go watch basketball games and critique every play, call, etc. I find much more entertainment in doing that. Even if I'm watching an NBA game, I'd pay more attention to the plays that the teams make. Cutting, screening away from the ball, weak side defense, etc. I also pay as much attention to what coaches are saying as well. I am head over heels about that kinda thing. It's what I find interesting about the sport. :shrug:

KnicksorBust
11-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I understand that. I go watch basketball games and critique every play, call, etc. I find much more entertainment in doing that. Even if I'm watching an NBA game, I'd pay more attention to the plays that the teams make. Cutting, screening away from the ball, weak side defense, etc. I also pay as much attention to what coaches are saying as well. I am head over heels about that kinda thing. It's what I find interesting about the sport. :shrug:

Without a doubt. The fun is in the details. Creating my own sets and running plays? There are websites that diagram plays from NBA teams and I actually stole a Spurs inbound play and my team runs it. We call it "Duncan." True story. :laugh:

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Without a doubt. The fun is in the details. Creating my own sets and running plays? There are websites that diagram plays from NBA teams and I actually stole a Spurs inbound play and my team runs it. We call it "Duncan." True story. :laugh:

Lol that's sick.

b@llhog24
11-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Pickup games. I have a streaky jumpshot, good court vision, play defense and rebound but my ball handling sucks. -__-

Losoway
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
im actually training to play overseas .

jgthegame1982
11-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Turning 30 in December.. Love playing.. Defense is my game.. Can not drive to save my life.. But.. They call me Steve Novak outside!!!

HowFit
11-04-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm 5'10 252lbs 7-8% bf so.......NO :)

JasonJohnHorn
11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
I played in highschool a LOT. I was a monster rebounder and great shot blocker, but I was mostly playing against people who were 6 feet or less... lol... I'm 6 feet myself. Good post player too, but never had much of a jumper. In my old age I have become a good free throw shooter though. My best night, I remember I was in grade 9 and coach of a grade school team brought his kids to scrimage and we mixed the teams up with a couple of guys I was playing with and these grade kids. The kid i was gaurding was about 6'3 or 6'4, so even though he was a year younger than me, he was much taller. I killed it that night. I got double-digits in everything, blocked so many shots, got so many steals and rebounds and points and there was a guy I ran the pick and roll with pretty well.. he'd give it to me in the high post then cut down the lane and I must of hit him with the rock about 15 times that night....

Bruno
11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
played in competitive leagues from 9-15. failed to make the freshman team (picked up guitar the same week). still played consistently up until 2012 (broken leg skiing, followed by two torn ligaments in my ankle coming down from a layup as soon as the broken leg had healed has kept me off the court). have dunked, can't do it on command (especially now). i have medium sized hands so i really have to get up there to flush it. i use to get called white lamar all the time lol

faridk89
11-04-2012, 04:05 PM
play pick up games at LA fitness a few times a week, thats about it

AIRMAR72
11-04-2012, 04:21 PM
I started on ALL levels and still play 4-5days a week to stay in shape

JWO35
11-04-2012, 04:24 PM
No, I just sit behind a computer screen and say NBA Players suck knowing good and damn well they could beat my *** in basketball and in the streets

jericho
11-04-2012, 04:24 PM
i know who i can compare myself lol jason williams not as bad as him tho i could make some crazy *** pass or mess up a play i have actually done the elbow pass like 2 or 3 times :) and some other crazy stuff i just cant control myself thats why i like to play more of the ball then with the ball on my hands lol

the other player i could compare myself would be kobe just for his thoughness i can get injured and play thru it i hate not being able to finish a game

Il Mago50
11-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Played a year of University ball but stopped because of injuries, now just play pickup

MintBerryCrunch
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Time to make up stories guys

JNoel
11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
10 years in the NBA, no joke. Look me up on google, Smush Parker.

R. Johnson#3
11-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Played in high school and continue to play pickup 2 times a week in the fall and winter and every weekday evening when it's nice out during the spring and summer. I'm a good shooter but don't have much of an inside game. I like to think I'm a good defender.

Munkeysuit
11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Basketball, Football, Golf and Volleyball in HS, I still play Basketball on Mondays n Fridays at my local rec center and some touch Football as well, both still competitively as we have a steady dose of competitive leagues here. I golf on occasion (suck at it) and very rarely get to play Volleyball.
Basketball was my 1st love though, I will play this game till I'm 50 or more possibly.

Captain Moroni
11-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Highland College IL 1985-1986 awesome experience.

LASportsFan1996
11-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Yep

Thunder-Sooner
11-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Highland College IL 1985-1986 awesome experience.

You have the best sig on here.

Thunder-Sooner
11-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Im starting point guard for my high school.

Captain Moroni
11-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Basketball, Football, Golf and Volleyball in HS, I still play Basketball on Mondays n Fridays at my local rec center and some touch Football as well, both still competitively as we have a steady dose of competitive leagues here. I golf on occasion (suck at it) and very rarely get to play Volleyball.
Basketball was my 1st love though, I will play this game till I'm 50 or more possibly.

I'm 48 still play 4 days a week with the young bucks. You don't stop playing because your too old, you get old when you stop playing.

Captain Moroni
11-04-2012, 05:20 PM
You have the best sig on here.

My alltime favorite band. Listen to Foreplay/longtime on solid headphones with your eyes closed.....you will understand pure genius.

xILLN355
11-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Shockingly similar but the difference is my shot isnt bad at least not from mid range is my Althelitic ability that is lacking

athleticism is basically what i rely on

Fly
11-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah, my name's Kobe Bryant. Some of you might have heard of me, idk.

Thunder-Sooner
11-04-2012, 06:41 PM
My alltime favorite band. Listen to Foreplay/longtime on solid headphones with your eyes closed.....you will understand pure genius.

Either that or stairway to heaven.

Sixerlover
11-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Just got back from a game. Got a W

49erGiantLaker
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
In city leagues and at the park.

Captain Moroni
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM

Absolutely

Captain Moroni
11-04-2012, 07:42 PM

Quick fact.....Def Leppard was named to sound similar to Led Zeppelin.

kswissdaf
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
I play for Lynn university

Htownballa1622
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Averaged 21 ppg my last year of hs. 5'11 guard and style of play like Tony Parker. Was going to play at small college but decided to focus on school and now I'm at univ. Of Houston .

Still love to play.

shen
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Was scholarship talk before my knees got obliterated. Was a PG who played lock down D and shot over 90% from the foul line. I was no athletic in the least but I studied every aspect of the game every day since I was 6. I spent over 5 hours a day practicing. I spent every moment I could trying to become best I could and unfortunately I did not listen to doctors when they would tell me to slow down or let my knees rest/recover. I always believed in walk it off and I was wrong.

Longhornfan1234
11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I played pg at Eastern Oklahoma State, it's a jr. college.

Will 2 BE
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I come from a basketball family, I played Div III at Farmingdale University till I blew out my knee. But OJ Mayo is my cousin.

HowFit
11-04-2012, 09:27 PM

So how do you like playing alongside with DH?:D

The goods
11-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I played organized ball from 7 to 18 now I play pick up games when I have time.

The goods
11-04-2012, 09:34 PM

MmmMmmm I've heard of Vanessa Bryant any relation, and can you slip her my hotel room key? Lol

ACanadian
11-04-2012, 09:45 PM
I played in HS, I depended on my above averge athleticism, got injured, end of story.

SINCESTARBURY25
11-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Seriously though Ive never been good but I know a ton of wasted talents

Ty Fast
11-04-2012, 10:34 PM
i luv playing b-ball

iFYouSeekAmy
11-04-2012, 10:42 PM
I blew out my knee the last time I played a real pick up game. Now i'm only in the gym shooting jump shots and playing occasional 1 v 1. I now know what it truly means to lose your explosiveness and first step. :(

Guppyfighter
11-05-2012, 12:59 AM
I like to dress up as an old guy and kick the **** out of people in basketball.

krrys11
11-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Play in amator league over here in Jersey, UK.

Still in under 21 team.
Need to lose some weight and get some explsovines

If anyone know good exercises or training programs please PM me :)

DreamShaker
11-05-2012, 05:52 AM
I used to play much more before I moved back to the Houston area. I play on occasion, and lately just play my wife and hit half court shots on her. I used to coach, but never played organized bball. I am too chubby to be all that good, but am 6'5 and strong, so I can bull my way to the basket and have a soft touch. I really would need to pick back up to be any good, but I just play for fun. I love the game and enjoy playing greatly.

rex.reyesiii
11-05-2012, 06:21 AM
I'm just curious because a lot of people here know their basketball, but can they play the game?

I'm a musician first (drummer) so I'm afraid of injuries, but still play carefully :)

Will be playing again in our company wide league. :cool:

my Balling style is kinda like... MWP, Bowen etc.

basketfan4life
11-05-2012, 07:23 AM
My dribbling, and passing abilities were upper echelon, but when it comes to shooting i'm either so hot or so cold, couldn't change it for years, i played 5 years of HS and college ball, just once i managed to shoot the ball well after i started cold and that game i hit the buzzer beater 3 to win it.We won 82-80. Greatest feeling of my life.

But as a PG, it's a nightmare to be cold, it closes all your dribbling and passing lanes.

Chavacano
11-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Played non-organized basketball 'til HS. Completely stop since then.

thenaj17
11-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I blew out my knee the last time I played a real pick up game. Now i'm only in the gym shooting jump shots and playing occasional 1 v 1. I now know what it truly means to lose your explosiveness and first step. :(

Welcome to my world, although i was born without it lol

Nick O
11-05-2012, 01:19 PM
MVP of my highschool team.. but to be fair we suck.. so... im decent i guess aha

yaswaggin
11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Freshman year of high school, walked in to gym for b-ball tryouts and after 3 pickup games, coach begged me to play on team.

First game, i went 17-19 from the field and hit the game buzzer, walked away, and never played again.

Just kidding, just following how everyone else tells their stories in this thread.

Sixerlover
11-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Played organized basketball (AAU, different leagues in Philly, High School, College, Intramurals) up until this year and now I'm in a rec league with people from my job. Love playing.