PDA

View Full Version : Like it or not, Bulls fans were 100% incorrect about omer asik

Slow Head Butt
11-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Completely and totally wrong about this guy, he's a defensive anchor capable of double digit rebounding, and decent shot blocking and certainly can play over 30mpg

When he left bulls fans said he was over priced, couldn't last an entire game and would foul out of by half time.

Throughout these first few games I think he's show he's more than capable of the task, and also happens to make less than noah while providing more defensive impact and simular rebounding

While obviously noah is better for the bulls now, because they are a balanced scoring team and noah is obviously the better offensive player, asik would have been the way to go still in my book

I would have tried to move noah for a 2 guard in the offseason, but what's done is done

Asik has proven to be a starting nba center, and the bulls have proven to still be the same regular season winning team that can't get to the nba finals due to a lack of a legitimate #2 option, even though their fans will make up excuses about injuries during their first year hurt chemistry, which is the reason they won one game vs Miami while derrick rose shot 30% from the field

And offer even more excuses as to why an 8th seed team was able to beat a 1st seed team just because a player that had been missing for big stretches during the season had once again been out

All in all, asik has proven to be the guy, while making less than asik this season, and the bulls should have traded noah for a piece and kept the Legendary Asik

beasted86
11-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Noah is a better scorer, passer, defender, and has a greater intangible effect on the game with his hustle and passion. Both are great rebounders.

The key thing is whether Noah can stay healthy which was the only factor as I see it in the Noah vs. Asik discussion. If both guys are healthy Noah @ 12M > Asik @ 8M.

NetsPaint
11-03-2012, 10:21 PM
They still have Noah.

Ni55anpat
11-03-2012, 10:29 PM
umm we have Noah?

Nazir is doing a solid job, and he was cheap.

Vincent
11-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I missed Omer Asik right as soon as the contract was announced. I knew the Bulls couldn't keep him, but I never talked bad about him going to Houston.

No need to paint with a broad brush

effen5
11-03-2012, 10:31 PM
2 games.

kozelkid
11-03-2012, 10:32 PM
What are you ****ing smoking?

Which Bulls fans said he isn't capable of being a double digit rebounder and a great defender?

But I have a feeling this is a dupe account by someone who has been banned.

Ezio
11-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice bait try but we all knew he was capable of playing like this but we'll see how long he can last.

effen5
11-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Also while Omer might give you similar impact defensively as Noah, Omer gives you NOTHING offensively. He is still extremely raw.

kozelkid
11-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Also while Omer might give you similar impact defensively as Noah, Omer gives you NOTHING offensively. He is still extremely raw.

He gives more defensive impact than Noah. But I agree, his offensive game is SUCH a liability that I don't blame the Bulls' preference for Noah.

effen5
11-03-2012, 10:34 PM
What are you ****ing smoking?

Which Bulls fans said he isn't capable of being a double digit rebounder and a great defender?

But I have a feeling this is a dupe account by someone who has been banned.

Whats funny is this is the exact reason why the Bulls fans loved Omer....

InRoseWeTrust
11-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Lol who said that? We just didn't want to take a 30M cap hit for him in year 3?

AWC713
11-03-2012, 10:36 PM
wasnt really bulls fans per se that "disrespected" omer. in fact, most bulls fans i talked to about the signing were upset he had to leave.

his d is dare i say elite (constnatly frustrated dwight last year), and he will pull down a ton of boards (had 19 last night, 15 tonight)...he still needs to work on his offensive game thoguh.

still, for 8 mil a year ill take great d and great rebounding.

effen5
11-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Completely and totally wrong about this guy, he's a defensive anchor capable of double digit rebounding, and decent shot blocking and certainly can play over 30mpg

When he left bulls fans said he was over priced, couldn't last an entire game and would foul out of by half time.

Throughout these first few games I think he's show he's more than capable of the task, and also happens to make less than noah while providing more defensive impact and simular rebounding

While obviously noah is better for the bulls now, because they are a balanced scoring team and noah is obviously the better offensive player, asik would have been the way to go still in my book

I would have tried to move noah for a 2 guard in the offseason, but what's done is done

Asik has proven to be a starting nba center, and the bulls have proven to still be the same regular season winning team that can't get to the nba finals due to a lack of a legitimate #2 option, even though their fans will make up excuses about injuries during their first year hurt chemistry, which is the reason they won one game vs Miami while derrick rose shot 30% from the field

And offer even more excuses as to why an 8th seed team was able to beat a 1st seed team just because a player that had been missing for big stretches during the season had once again been out

All in all, asik has proven to be the guy, while making less than asik this season, and the bulls should have traded noah for a piece and kept the Legendary Asik

Mr. GM, tell me who you would trade for then? FYI...the Thunder only won one game against Miami, and they had three legitimate options.

THE MTL
11-03-2012, 11:03 PM
I didnt realize that Omer Asik was that good. He is going to average 11-12rpg. However, Chicago was still right for NOT matching. For a backup center, his 15 million during the last season would have killed them in luxury taxes.

Greedy22
11-03-2012, 11:06 PM
In b4 close

seikou8
11-03-2012, 11:16 PM
man i watched him tonight he cant do anything offense its like he has butter finger and when he get the ball in the paint the goes for layup throw it down big fella

topdog
11-03-2012, 11:22 PM
All I remember hearing from Bulls fans is that Omer can rebound and defend, but can't score worth a lick. Seems pretty accurate so far :shrug:

PurpleJesus
11-03-2012, 11:28 PM
like it or not, this guy has made 3 threads saying "like it or not..."

PatsSoxKnicks
11-03-2012, 11:37 PM
I've been saying this guy could be a legit starter for 2 years now. So I can't say I'm surprised since I'm not....but then not everyone is blessed with my amazing foresight.

Bullsfan22
11-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Has he mentioned what Bulls fan said he wouldn't defend and rebound? It's fine to make a thread giving Asik props but you look like a complete idiot putting words in a fan base mouth.

JNoel
11-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Asik is a top 5 center imo.

chi-townlove1
11-03-2012, 11:51 PM
"Like it or not" the op is one of the biggest trolls on this site.

Hawkize31
11-03-2012, 11:52 PM

There's the ticket.

John Walls Era
11-03-2012, 11:54 PM

k

KNAN
11-04-2012, 12:53 AM
This thread should have never been made.... Joakim Noah is definitely better than Asik. He has two great rebounding games which he should! He can't score worth the lick, which was frustrating as a Bulls fan but we loved his defense and boards. The Rockets happen to overrate that and sign him to a ridiculous contract, that we can't afford to pay and shouldn't for a backup. I am glad he is getting his shot as a starter but he wasn't going to lead the Bulls to the promise land and certainly won't be the reason the Rockets get there! Close this please and ban this fella!

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm everything the OP said in his post is what Bulls fans have been telling me for the past two seasons :shrug:

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 01:08 AM
I've been saying this guy could be a legit starter for 2 years now. So I can't say I'm surprised since I'm not....but then not everyone is blessed with my amazing foresight.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Lakers4life08
11-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Asik is joke on offense,he is free and just have to dunk,but somehow he loose the ball all the time,on defense and rebounding he is really good

Bulls_fan90
11-04-2012, 08:07 AM
He's a rebounding beast. Most Bulls fans knew he would put up similar numbers to what he has thus far. Troll thread anyway, so lets not feed the dupe.

leprechaun5
11-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Asik is a top 5 center imo.

i hope you're not serious .

pd1dish
11-04-2012, 09:30 AM
as a Bulls fan, i loved the Turkish Hammer. he has tremendous upside as a defensive player and he was excelling in Thibs' system and would have continued to do so. the fact is that Noah is a better all around player, and he is no scrub on defense. Noah can hang with the best of them when it comes to his defense and effort.

and when it comes down to the money, we already have a ton of money invested into the front court, and with the contract Asik was offered, it was not worth it and i still believe that. i do miss him though

quade36
11-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Obviously the person starting this thread either lacks complete knowledge of anything or is trying to bait.

No Bulls fan wanted Omer to leave, but the Bulls weren't going to pay both him and Noah over 10 mil in year 3 of his contract.

northsider
11-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Missed part where I as a Bulls fan said Omer was bad and didn't want him to stay on the Bulls?

I don't know many guys that didn't wish we could've kept him so this thread is complete nonsense.

jp611
11-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Pretty much every Bulls fan thought he would be this good

Slow Head Butt
11-04-2012, 09:46 AM

Fake ****** need to learn how to read, on that real

Ray_R
11-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I :love: Asik. I even had him on my sig. :(

Badluck33
11-04-2012, 09:48 AM
ok guys, I said it. I was the one that said 'we didn't neeed Omer Asik'

northsider
11-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Fake ****** need to learn how to read, on that real

On that real? Fake *****es need to learn proper grammar.

You made a stupid ****ing thread about a bunch of nonsense you made up in your mind.

Congrats you've passed the test and now you're a complete member and solid contributor to PSD's NBA forum. Juice and chips will be found in the IGT's around 5.

jp611
11-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Is this kid 5 or 6 years old?

DamnGoat
11-04-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't really get this thread TBH.

Most Bulls fans already knew he was a great defensive C that can only score if it's a dunk or uncontested layup. How does his performance through 3 games change that?

It's not like we chose to stick with a turd of a C over him. Noah's not as good defensively, but overall he's the better player.

torocan
11-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Bulls didn't screw up on this one.

Given the backloaded contract, and that they had 2 other centers, they made a reasonable decision.

Also, right now the other 2 centers are a BETTER fit than Asik.

Asik being a beast rebounder fits any team, but on a line lacking offensive options, he doesn't fit as well as a player with some offensive skills like Noah.

Bulls made the right choice.

Now, if you have a team with too many offensive options, then Asik is an almost perfect fit....

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Bulls didn't screw up on this one.

Given the backloaded contract, and that they had 2 other centers, they made a reasonable decision.

Also, right now the other 2 centers are a BETTER fit than Asik.

Asik being a beast rebounder fits any team, but on a line lacking offensive options, he doesn't fit as well as a player with some offensive skills like Noah.

Bulls made the right choice.

Now, if you have a team with too many offensive options, then Asik is an almost perfect fit....

Nazr is a better fit than Asik?

Do tell more.

torocan
11-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Nazr is a better fit than Asik?

Do tell more.

For $1.35M per year? Vs. 5/5/15? For the BACKUP position?

Yes. By FAR.

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 10:36 AM
For $1.35M per year? Vs. 5/5/15? For the BACKUP position?

Yes. By FAR.

That's not a question of fit though. Fit is when we are talking about the way they players complement one another, the system and the coaching on the floor itself.

torocan
11-04-2012, 10:49 AM
That's not a question of fit though. Fit is when we are talking about the way they players complement one another, the system and the coaching on the floor itself.

I was referring mostly to Noah in terms of people wanting to trade Noah and keep Asik.

For the back up C position, Nasr makes alot more sense than Asik, especially with the apron restricting roster moves.

Ezio
11-04-2012, 10:52 AM
We are hardly playing Nazr ATM which means more Noah and Taj at the 5 or Boozer don't know don't care since they are both the same height. From what I saw in preseason, Nazr can actually shoot the ball and was pretty good rebounding as well. He won't come in play lock down D like Asik did but at least we have someone that will foul hard.

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 10:57 AM
I was referring mostly to Noah in terms of people wanting to trade Noah and keep Asik.

For the back up C position, Nasr makes alot more sense than Asik, especially with the apron restricting roster moves.

Not clear at all by your post then. No way anyone could have gotten that from what you said.

Doogolas
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Omer is quite possibly the best defensive center in the NBA. No Bulls fan said he was anything but a stud defensively and none said he couldn't rebound. The man is completely worthless offensively. That's, I'm pretty sure, all anyone said.

JasonJohnHorn
11-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't remember Bulls fans dissing Asik at all. I remember them saying they wished they could have kept him. lol

Houston signed him to a poison-pill contract. The final year he will be making a $#!Tload of money and Chi-town didn't want a pay roll that high. Houston did the same thing with Lin and NY responded the same way as Chicago.

Check out this for an explanation of the "poison pill contract".
http://www.denverstiffs.com/2012/7/6/3141613/explaining-the-nba-poison-pill-contracts-of-omer-asik-others

Chi-town ownership and fans wanted to keep Asik. The owenrship just couldn't afford to be paying four players 15 million at the end of Asik's contract.

I think if you ask any Bulls fan they would rather have Asik that Nzar, but they just understand that that contract was too rich. Is Nzar a better deal, dollar for dollar? Maybe, maybe not. What's clear is that Asik has a bigger impact on the game and I think Bulls fans will all agree to that.

This is how Toronto signed Fields and how Houston signed Lin and Asik.

theheatles
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm sure they wish they could have signed him but it was the prudent thing not too.

Chronz
11-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Noah is a better scorer, passer, defender, and has a greater intangible effect on the game with his hustle and passion. Both are great rebounders.

The key thing is whether Noah can stay healthy which was the only factor as I see it in the Noah vs. Asik discussion. If both guys are healthy Noah @ 12M > Asik @ 8M.

What ?

Chronz
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Not clear at all by your post then. No way anyone could have gotten that from what you said.

LOL so now your telling people what "fit" means and when they can use it? Hes saying its a better fit for the Bulls that they go with the cheaper choice. Its obvious hes not saying Nazr > Asik, that would be too insane. I would rather believe hes talking about salary structure than the latter. Have more faith in your fellow man, it seemed very clear to me what he was talking abou.t

Mile High Champ
11-04-2012, 01:44 PM

Acually Asik is the better defender. Synergy numbers have him being a better post defender which is critical for any center. I agree with Noah having a better offensive game but he is nowhere close to the defensive ability of Asik.

Mile High Champ
11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm everything the OP said in his post is what Bulls fans have been telling me for the past two seasons :shrug:

Bang on.. Oh its too funny. :laugh:

Swashcuff
11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
LOL so now your telling people what "fit" means and when they can use it? Hes saying its a better fit for the Bulls that they go with the cheaper choice. Its obvious hes not saying Nazr > Asik, that would be too insane. I would rather believe hes talking about salary structure than the latter. Have more faith in your fellow man, it seemed very clear to me what he was talking abou.t

Okay

sunsfan88
11-04-2012, 01:51 PM
He reminds me of Ben Wallace. All defense & rebounding with no offense at all.

Gram
11-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Slow Head Butt. :facepalm:

2-ONE-5
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
lol 2 games in and Asik has established himself.

Diabolical
11-04-2012, 05:30 PM
He still seems a bit too expensive but if he can develop any offense, I think it could work out well for all parties involved.

Diabolical
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Btw, why not title the thread, "Like it or not, Houston was 100% correct about Omer Asik"? Sounds like a bait thread...

Munkeysuit
11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Asik is still in a developmental stage, I am not sure if that means he'll end up being a beast or forget what he's already good at and try to do much and go over board in Houston.