PDA

View Full Version : Would Nash and A'mare have had the same success without the Suns training staff?

sunsfan88
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
First of all, I'm not saying that Nash and Amare sucks. I'm saying that they are very injury prone.

Nash has always had back problems along with other issues during his tenure with Phoenix but our amazing training staff was able to fix it up. Even when he was age 36, our trainers were keeping him upright and ready to play ball. Now right when Nash leaves the Suns, the guy is hurt and out for at least 1 week.

Amare missed quite a few games with us due to injuries especially the 03, 05 and 08 seasons. When we decided not to bring him back on a max contract, the Suns and Robert Sarver were ripped apart by the media and fans everywhere. Looking back, not giving Amare the max was probably the only good move Sarver ever made for us. His defensive and rebounding flaws aside, durability has and always will be a concern for this guy. He left the Suns and his health has been on the decline ever since. He has been on the Knicks injury list at least once almost every month since he got to NY and is again out with an injury. He is out indefinitely right now.

Not just A'mare and Nash, but also Shaq, Grant Hill (who is already hurt for LAC), Jermaine O'Neal, Michael Redd, Kurt Thomas etc have benefited big time from the Suns miracle workers.

Even Eric Gordon wanted to come to PHX because he knows he has injury trouble and he wanted the Suns training staff to fix him up and extend his career.

So here's the question: Would Nash and A'mare have still been the superstar players they are today even without the Suns training staff? (talent aside, this is strictly based on durability)

Alayla
11-03-2012, 07:40 PM
:rolleyes:

celtics 34
11-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Funny how you threw in that last part about gordon

KnickaBocka.44
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Being a superstar is a question of talent, not durability. I think you're jumping the gun a bit here just because the two of them happen to be out at the same time. The Suns training staff did great things with Nash and Hill but thats the extent of it. Nash fracturing his leg is an injury that wouldn't have been preventable by a training staff

Amare being injury prone doesn't have anything to do with the Suns training staff because as you said, he missed quite a few games while with the Suns. In 2 years with the Knicks, before this season, he had played in 125/148 regular season games, missing only 4 games in 2010-11 which indicates that you are overexagerating quite a bit when you say he has been on the injured list once a month.

phen0m
11-03-2012, 07:52 PM
obviously.. how is this even debatable?

xxplayerxx23
11-03-2012, 08:05 PM
:laugh: This is one of the dumbest things I've read on PSD, and holy **** I've read dumb things on here.

CEasFiRe
11-03-2012, 08:05 PM
great question, but we'd have to assume and you know what they say when you assume

Knicks21
11-03-2012, 08:06 PM
What they do in Phoenix cant be that much different from the rest of the league, I think its just luck that Phoenix has such a good track record.

LakersMaster24
11-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Vitti is one of the most prominent trainers in the league.

rocket
11-03-2012, 08:18 PM
What in the blue ****

bholly
11-03-2012, 08:38 PM
How do you butcher the name Amar'e so bad every time you write it, even though he played for your team for 8 years?
Are you too young to have been around for the Nash/Amar'e Suns or are you just trying to annoy people?

RonE Coleman
11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Lol this is the dumbest thing ive ever read... Sure the medical staff maybe kept them a bit healthier but that has nothing to do with how much talent they have

bholly
11-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Also do we even know what the Suns training staff do that's different to anyone else? We're just basing the whole 'the Suns have an amazing training staff' meme on the good results of a couple of guys - Hill and Shaq primarily, I guess - rather than any knowledge of what they do that's good, right?

I mean, Kurt Thomas played less games in his Suns years than any of the previous 5 years, or the 3 years after he left, didn't he? Jermaine O'Neal only just got there. Amar'e has been no more injury prone in NYK than he was in PHO. Redd was only there one season. So I think it's pretty tough to claim those guys as big successes of the training staff. Then there are guys like Barbosa who had a few worse years with Phoenix than he's ever had anywhere else.
So it's just Shaq and Grant Hill, right? What am I missing?

I'm not denying they have a good staff - I really have no idea - I'm just trying to figure out if there's actually solid evidence of it or if it's just a couple of good results and then a whole lot of confirmation bias.

Lake_Show2416
11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
all teams have a great staff, Portland has a curse tho lol

JasonJohnHorn
11-04-2012, 11:05 AM
If you had said coaching staff, you may have had an arguement (though not a very good one).

That said, Phoenix does have an amazing trainging staff that is not to be underrated.

JeffG20
11-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Funny how you threw in that last part about gordon

i'm starting to think this is Eric Gordon with his unhealthy obsession with him.

Cromedome
11-04-2012, 12:37 PM
The Phx training staff are clearly witches!

PleaseBeNice
11-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Another question that cannot be answered. Why even bother?