PDA

View Full Version : Whose contract is the best/worst bagain in the league?

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2012, 12:12 PM
I don't know how much everybody is in the league. I know there are some bad contracts out there, but there are also some good ones.

Fo me, best contracts might be LBJ (he's the best player in the league and not the best paid, so obviously Miami got a deal there). Miami also got ray Allen discounted... I think 3 million a year? That's a pretty good deal.

As for the worst contracts, Eric Gordon is looking pretty bad right about now. Joe Johnson is paid a LOT, but he is a good player... still, not a great bargain. Turk's contract is a little rich for his current productivety at ten million. And obviously I'm not a big fan of the DeRozen contract.

Here's a link with some of the biggest contracts in the league, though I don't think the recent contracts signed by Harden and Lawson and Curry and such are on here.

So who you got for the best and worst deals?

Dankster
11-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't know if we're only speaking about Superstars or the average NBA player, but to me, the Knicks got 2 big steals financially: Ronnie Brewer for the vet minimum and JR Smith for a little less than 3 million per year. To me, those prices are absolute steals when comparing it to some of these exorbitant contracts thrown at players during this past offseason (and currently.)

But I agree with you on LBJ as well- even if he were signed at MAX price the guy is a steal. Back in the day I remember Magic signing a 1 year 15 million dollar contract with the Lakers, and later on, MJ signing a 1 year deal with the Bulls for 30 million. If the CBA didn't hold a cap on Max salaries, I think it would be safe to say someone would offer Lebron a contract in the range of 35-40 million annually, that is if the rules would allow it.

So to get him at under max money is simply brilliant.

mightybosstone
11-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Chandler Parsons only makes $888,250 a year on his rookie contract and he was easily one of the five best rookies in the league last season. I have to think his contract is one of the best, because Houston has options on him through 2014-2015 for less than $950,000 a season.

Gordon and Johnson's contracts are bad, but Boozer and Amare's might be worse. Boozer makes $15 million, $15.3 million and $16.8 million over the next three years to be one of the worst No. 2 offensive options in basketball. Amare is still the better player, IMO, but is never healthy and his contract cannot be amnestied by the Knicks. He makes $19.9 million, $21.7 million and $23.4 million over the next three years. The third is an ETO, but I doubt he terminates his contract early, given that his knees will be held together by scotch tape and Elmer's glue by that time.

nycericanguy
11-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Obviously alot of rookie contracts are steals. those aside, my homer posts go to

Felton - $3.5m
Novak $3.7m
Brewer - 854k

but they all really are bargains, Novak is the best shooter I have ever seen, even since midway through last season it seems he's good for 12-15ppg on crazy efficiency.

o and JR smith at $2.8m

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Obviously alot of rookie contracts are steals. those aside, my homer posts go to

Felton - $3.5m
Novak $3.7m
Brewer - 854k

but they all really are bargains, Novak is the best shooter I have ever seen, even since midway through last season it seems he's good for 12-15ppg on crazy efficiency.

NY got a e steals this offseason (JR Smith as well and Camby and Kidd came pretty cheap too). And, for once, NY actually opted to NOT overpay a player and let Lin go.

Still, the fact that Kobe gets more than 10 million dollars more than LBJ.... that makes LBJ a steal in my eyes.

nycericanguy
11-03-2012, 12:55 PM
NY got a e steals this offseason (JR Smith as well and Camby and Kidd came pretty cheap too). And, for once, NY actually opted to NOT overpay a player and let Lin go.

Still, the fact that Kobe gets more than 10 million dollars more than LBJ.... that makes LBJ a steal in my eyes.

i still think they shoulda kept Lin, it would only have been a bad deal for 1 year. the other 2 years at $5m would have been good value.

Amare & Melo are overpaid, but NY has some of the best value contracts in the league to make up for it.

i wouldnt consider Kidd & camby steals though, they are at the end of their careers, although Kidd looked great last night.

but to get Felton, Novak, Brewer, & JR all in their primes for a total of just over $10m is pretty great.

Blitzbolt
11-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Mike Conley for sure.