PDA

View Full Version : If Durant wouldn't have gone to college, who would have hit 10000 points first?

LJEATON26
11-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Lebron hit 10000 points at 23 years and 59 days, Durant hit it at 24 years and 34 days.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-03-2012, 12:04 AM
without question lebron.

durant played only 1 year in college lol so calm down.

bal_ravens
11-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Probably Durant.

Cal827
11-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Kobe Bryant.

bal_ravens
11-03-2012, 12:36 AM
If he started right way, James Harden.

PraiseJesus
11-03-2012, 12:39 AM
If he started right way, James Harden.

:clap:

Synyster89
11-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Shouldn't you just subtract one year from Durants age to adjust for his one year in college? :shrug: Although it is tough to determine what benefit that college year had in terms of his early development and ability to score...but more importantly, who cares? :confused:

Gagan136
11-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Dubron

DreamShaker
11-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Shouldn't you just subtract one year from Durants age to adjust for his one year in college? :shrug: Although it is tough to determine what benefit that college year had in terms of his early development and ability to score...but more importantly, who cares? :confused:

No need to say who cares. It is an interesting question.

topdog
11-03-2012, 12:53 AM
without question lebron.

Yeah, but the difference is less than 365 days i.e. minus that one year Durant hits it at 23 years and 34 days. That would be 25 days sooner than Lebron.

tapajafri
11-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Lebron would've gotten to 10000 points first, but the better question is, who would have hit more assists and rebounds?

Lebron is better than Durant. Hands down.

rocket
11-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Why are you asking us who would have hit 10,000 points first?

Just ****ing see how many minutes it took LeBron to get 10,000 and see how many it took Durant to get 10,000.

Swashcuff
11-03-2012, 01:02 AM
LeBron did it in 368 games KD in 381. This question however lacks one thing though. Context. KD had to contend with playing in a lockout shortened season. LeBron didn't. If we take that into consideration in our argument I think we'd have an answer. It'd be KD.

Swashcuff
11-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Why are you asking us who would have hit 10,000 points first?

Just ****ing see how many minutes it took LeBron to get 10,000 and see how many it took Durant to get 10,000.

Since its your suggestion why don't you do the research.

PurpleJesus
11-03-2012, 01:12 AM
without question lebron.

The OP is calm, and its a legitimate question.

PC
11-03-2012, 01:25 AM
LeBron did it in 368 games KD in 381. This question however lacks one thing though. Context. KD had to contend with playing in a lockout shortened season. LeBron didn't. If we take that into consideration in our argument I think we'd have an answer. It'd be KD.

I don't know, it's tough to say. He was 23 so you can definitely make the argument that a condensed schedule wouldn't impact his scoring too much. After all, he did have the most efficient season of his career

And i'm too lazy to do the exact math now but 13 games makes quite a difference. LeBron was averaging what, 27 ppg through 368 games? Multiply that by 13 and Durant would need to make up 350+ points. To do that in a 66 game season, he would have had to average 5.3 ppg more, or 33+ ppg. Again, very rough math but condensed season or not, i still have LeBron

(btw, i'm assuming Durant got to 10,000 at some point last season?)

Jint.
11-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Smush Parker

LAKobeBryant
11-03-2012, 01:36 AM
durant would of been the youngest if it wasn't a shorten season.

rocket
11-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Since its your suggestion why don't you do the research.

Because I didn't make this stupid *** thread

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah, but the difference is less than 365 days i.e. minus that one year Durant hits it at 23 years and 34 days. That would be 25 days sooner than Lebron.

he would be straight out of hs, as a skinny kid, he had absolutely no hype in hs, he got hype in college.

what team would draft him and start him?

PurpleJesus
11-03-2012, 02:06 AM
he would be straight out of hs, as a skinny kid, he had absolutely no hype in hs, he got hype in college.

He was a 5 star recruit coming out of highschool, and ranked the #1 SF prospect in the nation...he had plenty of hype coming out of highschool...not LBJ type hype, but to insinuate that he would not have been drafted is asinine.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-03-2012, 02:09 AM
obv he would have been drafted.

"what team would draft him AND start him?"

would not be the same "path" as he is having currently, pls look at all variables before assuming. thats all im asking for.

PurpleJesus
11-03-2012, 02:12 AM
obv he would have been drafted.

"what team would draft him AND start him?"

would not be the same "path" as he is having currently, pls look at all variables before assuming. thats all im asking for.

I voted for Lebron in this thread, but you are acting as if it isnt a good question. Durant reached 10K points almost as fast as LBJ, but missed out on a whole year.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-03-2012, 02:13 AM
The OP is calm, and its a legitimate question.

...what the hell? i was talking about questions about whether durant would hit 10000 points before bron if he were to skip out on college. to calm down on those type of questions.

to YOU its legitimate. not to me.

you cant blindly assume as if durant would be the same player if he came straight out of high school. we dont even know what team he would be drafted to, or who he would be behind.

its just silly to even think of this as a legitimate question without knowing all the variables.:confused:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-03-2012, 02:14 AM
I voted for Lebron in this thread, but you are acting as if it isnt a good question. Durant reached 10K points almost as fast as LBJ, but missed out on a whole year.

wow.

i guess it's either you get it or you don't get it.

you clearly don't get what i'm saying, and that's fine.

PurpleJesus
11-03-2012, 02:21 AM
wow.

i guess it's either you get it or you don't get it.

you clearly don't get what i'm saying, and that's fine.

Here is almost the same question, but worded differently. If LBJ went to college for a year, like Durant, who would have hit 10K points first...

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Here is almost the same question, but worded differently. If LBJ went to college for a year, like Durant, who would have hit 10K points first...

we dont know..
maybe he will while maturing his game in college, maybe he wont..

thats why i hate questions like this, because if you want to answer the question correctly, you look at ALL variables, and if you dont know the answer, than say it lol

cos im not god, i have no idea how james game would be or what team he would play for.

PurpleJesus
11-03-2012, 02:28 AM
we dont know..
maybe he will while maturing his game in college, maybe he wont..

thats why i hate questions like this, because if you want to answer the question correctly, you look at ALL variables, and if you dont know the answer, than say it lol

cos im not god, i have no idea how james game would be or what team he would play for.

You may hate the question, but it is still worth discussion.

You cant answer the question correctly, and neither can I...you dont know the answer, and neither do I.

Im not God, and neither are you.

Do all these facts make it unreasonable for us to discuss this topic on a discussion board?

P Harvy
11-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Who finishes with the most career points is a better question imo

asandhu23
11-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Koburantebronarden

Quinnsanity
11-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Just look at games played.

Swashcuff
11-03-2012, 08:52 AM
I don't know, it's tough to say. He was 23 so you can definitely make the argument that a condensed schedule wouldn't impact his scoring too much. After all, he did have the most efficient season of his career

And i'm too lazy to do the exact math now but 13 games makes quite a difference. LeBron was averaging what, 27 ppg through 368 games? Multiply that by 13 and Durant would need to make up 350+ points. To do that in a 66 game season, he would have had to average 5.3 ppg more, or 33+ ppg. Again, very rough math but condensed season or not, i still have LeBron

(btw, i'm assuming Durant got to 10,000 at some point last season?)

Na he got to 10,000 in his first game of this season becoming the 2nd youngest to do so and the 10th fastest (in terms of games played).

Swashcuff
11-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Okay lemme just close this thread.

KD would have turned 18 about a month before the NBA season started (if he was allowed to do so) since he was born on Sept 28th 1988. LeBron turned 18 a whole a whole 271 days before Kevin Durant did. LeBron played the majority of his rookie season as a 19 year old (turned 19 on Dec 30th) and despite player a year in college KD played his entire rookie season as a 19 year old as well.

So now if we were to make the assumption that Kevin Durant was to be just or around the same player as he was coming into the league as an 18 year old (remember he dominated the college game from the outset as well so I'm not going to say he would be benched or some dumb **** like that) then the answer is quite easy in all honesty.

Had Kevin Durant skipped college and came straight to the league with his career following a familiar path he would have been the youngest player to 10,000 points and not LeBron James.

It has absolutely nothing to do with games played its all about their DoB and at what age they would have entered the league. Reason I mentioned their games played was to give guys an understanding that had KD had a full 82 game season he would have done it in the same amount of seasons as LeBron James did despite coming into the league a year after leaving HS.

Swashcuff
11-03-2012, 08:54 AM
durant would of been the youngest if it wasn't a shorten season.

Nope. He would have still been older than LBJ by about 120+ days.

Swashcuff
11-03-2012, 08:57 AM

You GOT to be kidding me. Coming straight out of HS he was regarded as hands down the best swingman prospect in the nation. Had he been allowed to come out and not Oden HE Kevin Durant would have been the #1 pick and NOT Andrea Bargnani.

Serious question how old are you and how long have you been watching bball? I'm 23 and I vividly remember the hype KD and Oden got coming out of college.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-03-2012, 09:23 AM
You GOT to be kidding me. Coming straight out of HS he was regarded as hands down the best swingman prospect in the nation. Had he been allowed to come out and not Oden HE Kevin Durant would have been the #1 pick and NOT Andrea Bargnani.

Serious question how old are you and how long have you been watching bball? I'm 23 and I vividly remember the hype KD and Oden got coming out of college.

22 and since i was 8.
... im talking about the hype out of HIGHSCHOOL.
i know the hype out of college between the 2 were good, kd still had a few issues with strength.

its really something simple to think about.
had he been drafted in 2006, which team would draft him and when would he be able to get his shot in the nba.

of course he played well for the longhorns in his only year in college, that means absolutely nothing had he went straight into the nba, out of high school, i do know he was ranked the best player for his position and 3rd overall behind ellington and lawson.

he was playing the 3 and the 4, and his biggest weaknesses besides his strength was his mid range game and low post game..

obv he would be drafted by a team, but do you know when? and when he does get drafted, do you know when he would get his shot?

lebron got drafted into a team where he started right away.

durant got drafted after a good season for the longhorns into a team where he started right away (and they were rebuilding).

I'm not even going to pretend I know which team would have drafted him and neither should you because that is a huge unknown, HOWEVER, if he were to get the same oppurtunity as lebron did (straight out of high school), of course durant would be the youngest, but if you were to assume durant came out of high school and would follow the same path that he is following now, im sorry..

thats just not true.

Jays_Win_Again
11-03-2012, 09:36 AM
dusty thread

Swashcuff
11-03-2012, 09:39 AM
22 and since i was 8.
... im talking about the hype out of HIGHSCHOOL.
i know the hype out of college between the 2 were good, kd still had a few issues with strength.

its really something simple to think about.
had he been drafted in 2006, which team would draft him and when would he be able to get his shot in the nba.

of course he played well for the longhorns in his only year in college, that means absolutely nothing had he went straight into the nba, out of high school, i do know he was ranked the best player for his position and 3rd overall behind ellington and lawson.

he was playing the 3 and the 4, and his biggest weaknesses besides his strength was his mid range game and low post game..

obv he would be drafted by a team, but do you know when? and when he does get drafted, do you know when he would get his shot?

lebron got drafted into a team where he started right away.

durant got drafted after a good season for the longhorns into a team where he started right away (and they were rebuilding).

I'm not even going to pretend I know which team would have drafted him and neither should you because that is a huge unknown, HOWEVER, if he were to get the same oppurtunity as lebron did (straight out of high school), of course durant would be the youngest, but if you were to assume durant came out of high school and would follow the same path that he is following now, im sorry..

thats just not true.

Guessing reading comprehension wasn't your strongest subject. Anywho like I said before he would have been in the running for the #1 overall pick even ahead of Bargs (who was a Dirk #2) had he been allowed to enter the draft as a 17 year old. He was a SPECIAL talent coming out of high school and extremely hyped (like the other guy said not LeBron hype but still legit).

I'm just assuming that KD would have been taken as highly because of the fact that he was the 2nd highest touted prospect coming out of highschool after Greg Oden who was said at the time would have easily and comfortably been the #1 pick if he was allowed to come out of highschool. Had Toronto chosen to draft off a combination of potential and sure thing KD would have gone #1.

theheatles
11-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Okay lemme just close this thread.

KD would have turned 18 about a month before the NBA season started (if he was allowed to do so) since he was born on Sept 28th 1988. LeBron turned 18 a whole a whole 271 days before Kevin Durant did. LeBron played the majority of his rookie season as a 19 year old (turned 19 on Dec 30th) and despite player a year in college KD played his entire rookie season as a 19 year old as well.

So now if we were to make the assumption that Kevin Durant was to be just or around the same player as he was coming into the league as an 18 year old (remember he dominated the college game from the outset as well so I'm not going to say he would be benched or some dumb **** like that) then the answer is quite easy in all honesty.

Had Kevin Durant skipped college and came straight to the league with his career following a familiar path he would have been the youngest player to 10,000 points and not LeBron James.

It has absolutely nothing to do with games played its all about their DoB and at what age they would have entered the league. Reason I mentioned their games played was to give guys an understanding that had KD had a full 82 game season he would have done it in the same amount of seasons as LeBron James did despite coming into the league a year after leaving HS.

This makes sense but you didn't factor in possible variables. What if Durant went to Toronto and was the 2nd option behind Bosh? Durant's shots would have been reduced and he wasn't very efficient early on...LeBron was the #1 option from the get-go and if Durant went to Toronto he wouldn't of been the #1 option for at least 2-3 years

Swashcuff
11-03-2012, 10:28 AM
This makes sense but you didn't factor in possible variables. What if Durant went to Toronto and was the 2nd option behind Bosh? Durant's shots would have been reduced and he wasn't very efficient early on...LeBron was the #1 option from the get-go and if Durant went to Toronto he wouldn't of been the #1 option for at least 2-3 years

Excellent point (even-though I don't think Durant would have lasted as a 2nd option for very long once his scorers potential was seen). As I said before my POV was that all things were the same in terms of their surroundings, of course there are MANY variables to taken into consideration but it is something that we can't accurately predict which is why I chose to go with the known.

ChitownBears22
11-03-2012, 10:55 AM
A. Who would have drafted him and would he have started out of HS?
B. How much did his game progress by going into a college?
C. Could he have handled the NBA pressure so young, did college mature him and get him used to the big stage?

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Excellent point (even-though I don't think Durant would have lasted as a 2nd option for very long once his scorers potential was seen). As I said before my POV was that all things were the same in terms of their surroundings, of course there are MANY variables to taken into consideration but it is something that we can't accurately predict which is why I chose to go with the known.

:confused:

so wtf have i been saying?
lol smh :facepalm:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-03-2012, 12:02 PM

my thoughts exactly. sighh.

thank you.

BSardogan
11-03-2012, 12:11 PM
I would've..