PDA

View Full Version : Kobe to LA critics: 'Shut up'

P Harvy
11-01-2012, 11:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8581957/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-stresses-patience-new-princeton-offense

I've won so I can [tell people to shut up]. For Mike [Brown] it might be a little tough to say that so I'll say it for him, 'Everybody shut up. Let us work. At the end of the day, you'll be happy with the result as you normally are.'

Yeah Kobe that's the real mature thing to do. Just tell people to shut up and that they are dumb when people are just doing their job. I mean right?? Media members have a job to do whether he likes it or not so how about you shut up Kobe and play the game instead of walking around and talking smack because you've won titles before with the help of amazing 7 footers.

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 11:57 PM
I actually like hearing this. Still hate Mike Brown though lol.

lol, please
11-02-2012, 12:04 AM
lolPhillies to all Lakers trolls. Stop spamming this already deteriorated forum with garbage threads about the Lakers less than a week into the season or go troll the Laker forum.

/thread.

P Harvy
11-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Not spam at all. Don't know how this doesn't deserve to be a thread. It's basketball related. I'm not breaking any rules.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-02-2012, 12:09 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8581957/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-stresses-patience-new-princeton-offense

Yeah Kobe that's the real mature thing to do. Just tell people to shut up and that they are dumb when people are just doing their job. I mean right?? Media members have a job to do whether he likes it or not so how about you shut up Kobe and play the game instead of walking around and talking smack because you've won titles before with the help of amazing 7 footers.

You mad?

Kobe's right, I should shut up doesn't mean I'm mad he's Kobe everything he says from now on will be talked about an that's why he's the biggest name in basketball!

DoMeFavors
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Hey Kobe "zip your pants up"

lamzoka
11-02-2012, 12:15 AM
i think mike d'antonie would be the perfect coach for this lakers team. i dont like mike brown as a coach at all.

PurpleJesus
This is also what he told the woman he raped, when she shouted no...he then proceeded to jam his penis in her butt, which is what he will do to the haters this season.

Avenged
Kobe is wrong. Sorry but he is.

Mike sucks.

sunsfan88
11-02-2012, 12:16 AM
The Lakers are the new Knicks.

Last season it was all Knicks threads in the NBA forum and now its the Lakers.

SugeKnight
11-02-2012, 12:19 AM
This is also what he told the woman he raped, when she shouted no...he then proceeded to jam his penis in her butt, which is what he will do to the haters this season.

lol

MTL_123
11-02-2012, 12:20 AM

ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahhahahah ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahaha lmao ahahhhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

KobeOwnSU
11-02-2012, 12:23 AM
No, I will not shut up Kobe. Mike Brown is a horrible coach. He needs to go. Mike Brown is the worst thing to ever happen to the Lakers. i literally hate him in every facet of the word. I would trade Kobe if it meant Mike Brown got fired. That's how much I hate this potato head looking, jaw locking, dumb *** muther ****er.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Mike brown sucks but what I find funny is that even espn is blowing this out of proporstion!
I just wish the lakers start winning fast because this **** is getting annoying

Quote:
Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"

A clever response:

Quote:
Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.

kenzo400
11-02-2012, 12:33 AM
I think the first thing Kobe should do before he speaks about his victories is thank the referees. They have given him so much help. They deserve the recognition and he's being selfish by excluding them.

DoMeFavors
11-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Mike brown sucks but what I find funny is that even espn is blowing this out of proporstion!
I just wish the lakers start winning fast because this **** is getting annoying

Quote:
Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"

A clever response:

Quote:
Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.

He was an MVP but the pick n roll wouldnt work that well with the Lakers because there arent shooters around Nash

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-02-2012, 12:42 AM
I think the first thing Kobe should do before he speaks about his victories is thank the referees. They have given him so much help. They deserve the recognition and he's being selfish by excluding them.

Butt hurt people say butt hurt things... Same could be said for wade and Lebron the refs help them a heck of alot

Steelers23_06
11-02-2012, 12:43 AM
They shouldn't run Princeton. Princeton offense is essentially position less basketball which is dumb when u have players that excel at their assigned position. A Princeton offense would be better for a team like the heat or timberwolves. I think they should run an offense similar to pop and the spurs. Mike needs to go back to the basics instead of getting fancy. Especially because the Princeton requires so much chemistry and when you want to win fast that's not the answer.

jerellh528
11-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Hes right ya know

Alayla
11-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Hes Right Ive never liked anything about kobe but he has a point this time. The media loves to over analyze and overreact to small things because that's what Casual fans can relate to most. Ratings ...smh

Vampirate
11-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Here's a message to Kobe from loads of nba fans peo, the media and probably some Laker fans as well.
"Deal with it."

Your team has way too much talent for such little results atm. Even Laker fans are questioning this team. If you want to shut people up, prove it on the court with your team, until then the critisism is valid.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-02-2012, 02:24 AM

:speechless:

LASportsFan1996
11-02-2012, 02:24 AM

Mr. NBA
11-02-2012, 02:30 AM

Hawkeye15
11-02-2012, 02:49 AM
5 rings.................

Kashmir13579
11-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Every time Kobe opens his mouth i wish he'd shut up..

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-02-2012, 02:54 AM
5 rings.................

Hopefully 6 by the end of this yr. :)

:pray:

Munkeysuit
11-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Hate to say this but the Mamba is right! y'all need to hush up and let this thing work out the way they know to make it work. When the season is over and they don't win it all, maybe you can question certain things, if they lose early in the playoffs, maybe be you can be allowed to criticize strongly and demand some change, if they don't make the playoffs at all? then you can go hysterical with any kind of criticism you feel necessary + a 1000!
Until that happens? just hush up and enjoy the young season...let it all unfold first, let's not make this happen all over again a la Miami Heat 2 years ago.

naps
11-02-2012, 03:06 AM
No you can't say shut up people now. Your past winning doesn't do any **** in this season's struggles. Fact is your team is not producing expected results and ofcourse people will talk about it. You STFU and prove them all wrong instead of knocking them just because they think your team has been an upset so far.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Kobe even making his haters mad! :laugh2:

Lakers4life08
11-02-2012, 03:30 AM
Did he really said shut up???becouse now i am watching his interview and he said something like Mike Brown asking for patient,Phil wold just say shut up to critics

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Did he really said shut up???becouse now i am watching his interview and he said something like Mike Brown asking for patient,Phil wold just say shut up to critics

He didn't necessarily say shut up to us Laker fans, he just implied that we're borderline idiots. :D

mngopher35
11-02-2012, 03:35 AM
I mean personally I think hes right, some teams haven't even played a game yet. On the other hand when has the media not overreacted to things like this? Remember the heat hate when they were like 9-8 or something? I don't like the lakers but seriously people need to settle down a little bit.

Andrew32
11-02-2012, 03:36 AM
Memo to Kobe : This is a team sport.

Shutup you arrogant prick.

Who was criticizing the Lakers anyway???
Pretty sure the majority agree they will take time to mesh and figure things out.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-02-2012, 03:36 AM

llullz u mad brah?

Chavacano
11-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Kobe's trolling and he got you guys.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Kobe's trolling and he got you guys.

Shut up.

Andrew32
11-02-2012, 03:39 AM
llullz u mad brah?

Hmm... maybe slightly riled up.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-02-2012, 03:41 AM
Hmm... maybe slightly riled up.

Honestly, media and fans need to give it a rest.

LA media and fans were ****ing about the FO (Jim Buss and Mitch), and then they went out and got Nash and Dwight, and that shut them up for a few wks, and then they started their rant against after a poor preseason and a 0-2 start.

It's like they find new things to complain about every day.

Patience is a virtue, and that's something that the media and fans here in LA just don't have.

Chavacano
11-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Shut up.

^^ oh noez! :ohno:

Lakers4life08
11-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Kobe right,Lakers fans are idiots,only me and couple more Lakers fans has some brain

HowFit
11-02-2012, 04:14 AM
What a tool...

Sssmush
11-02-2012, 04:15 AM

Kobe says shut up.

LakersSaintsLSU
11-02-2012, 04:38 AM
Butt hurt people say butt hurt things... Same could be said for wade and Lebron the refs help them a heck of alot

:clap::clap::clap::clap: *LOCKOUT RING*

LakersSaintsLSU
11-02-2012, 04:39 AM

Who was criticizing the Lakers anyway???
Pretty sure the majority agree they will take time to mesh and figure things out.

Memo to andrew32 kobe has more rings then your whole franchise...do as he says SHUT UP #yourwelcome

He has the right to be arrogant. He has 5 reasons to

Andrew32
11-02-2012, 04:51 AM

-Sidekick / Supporting player for 3/5
-Playoff & FMVP on only 1/5

No he doesn't have the right.

He isn't an All-Time great winner he is just the beneficiary of amazing career supporting casts & circumstances.

Give him the supporting casts & circumstances that practically any other All-Time great had to work with and play under and he would have far less Rings.

Just saying he hasn't earned the right to act arrogant like that.
Even if Jordan made comments like that I'd find it arrogant and douchey.

meadowlarklemon
11-02-2012, 04:54 AM
who cares what kobe says? He can't pass

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-02-2012, 05:42 AM
who cares what kobe says? He can't pass

He can't past but he does score his way even higher on the all-time player rankings...

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-02-2012, 05:43 AM

He isn't an All-Time great winner he is just the beneficiary of amazing career supporting casts & circumstances.

Give him the supporting casts & circumstances that practically any other All-Time great had to work with and play under and he would have far less Rings.

Notice how you're always the only one that keeps saying Kobe only deserved one of his 2 mvp's quite frankly you're just a laughable character

Iron24th
11-02-2012, 07:00 AM

Lol you're a joke.

sammyvine
11-02-2012, 07:02 AM
He's a bit of a weird character but i like his i dont care what nobody thinks mentality.

sammyvine
11-02-2012, 07:03 AM

He is an all time great winner. All great players had great supporting casts.

Bird, Magic, Shaq etc...

A bit rich coming from a Knicks fan as well.

SteBO
11-02-2012, 08:35 AM
He's a bit of a weird character but i like his i dont care what nobody thinks mentality.
One of the few things I absolutely like about Kobe. As fans, we don't like to hear this coming from a multi-millionaire professional athlete. In saying that though, Kobe is wrong here. Mike Brown is not a good coach.

Lakersfan2483
11-02-2012, 08:53 AM
0-10 including the preseason and regular season. The Lakers need to start winning and people will stop complaining.

HowFit
11-02-2012, 09:22 AM
He can't past but he does score his way even higher on the all-time player rankings...

he can neither past or pass...

nickdymez
11-02-2012, 10:58 AM
lmfao.. Everybody mad at Kobe.. .

Colts_4_life
11-02-2012, 11:03 AM
My wizards need eddie Jordan back lol....

R.i.p to the 2012 wizards

whitemamba33
11-02-2012, 11:03 AM
It cracks me up to read some of the terrible things people say to each other in this forum, yet Kobe says "shut up" and we are all nuns all of a sudden.

If you don't like him then don't hang on every single word he says to the media. You can't argue that he's not interesting, because a lot of lesser players say stupid things and their threads won't goto 10000 page. I don't want to watch/listen to robots. There are players that take a more PC approach, but it's refreshing to have a guy like Kobe or Charles say what's really on their mind. If that doesn't fit into your cookie cutter idea of how a superstar should act then just ignore it - it's not like it's something new and it's not like it won't happen again.

theheatles
11-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Thread title isn't as accurate as it could be...the better thread title for what Kobe said is..

Kobe Bryant: 'Stupid' Lakers Fans Should 'Shut Up'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/kobe-bryant-lakers-fans-shut-up-video_n_2062356.html

dh144498
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Kobe's standing up for Mike Brown, now people call him an a$$hole. He might have come off as really aggressive, he probably shouldn't have said "shut up", but he's just doing the right thing. Kobe knows Mike Brown isn't competent, but he at least shows respect to the dude because he's still his coach. Give it a rest.

dh144498
11-02-2012, 11:21 AM

give it a rest man.

THE GIPPER
11-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Memo to andrew32 kobe has more rings then your whole franchise...do as he says SHUT UP #yourwelcome

Theres something to be said about a man who has every right to be arrogant but isnt. What if Kobe actually showed humility once in a blue moon? Maybe he would have even more rings.

His "Holier than thou" attitude towards Mike Brown is absolutely ridiculous regardless of their accomplishments.

ManRam
11-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I mean, he's right.

People should shut up about it. I'd love for the Lakers to suck, but we're talking about games in OCTOBER. It doesn't matter...not one bit.

And yes, Kobe is an arrogant prick. But whatever...it doesn't matter. He's a basketball player, not a saint.

BALLER R
11-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Wait a second this is the same thing that happened to the heat. remember how we all were talking trash (be real and admit it). But as the year went on their chemistry improved and they became a better team. I sense the Lakers will be the same thing. But being an NBA fan and not a Lakers fan for this response right now. I think being realistic next year might be the year they win it and not this year. Everything has to go right for them to win this year.

ManRam
11-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Wait a second this is the same thing that happened to the heat. remember how we all were talking trash (be real and admit it). But as the year went on their chemistry improved and they became a better team. I sense the Lakers will be the same thing. But being an NBA fan and not a Lakers fan for this response right now. I think being realistic next year might be the year they win it and not this year. Everything has to go right for them to win this year.

The Heat were CRYING at points in their first season. It was stupid to ever worry about that team figuring it out or not. It's stupid to worry about this team figuring it out at this point too.

People need to relax. It's the nature of sports journalism not to, and it's irrational to expect people not to talk about it, but you're foolish if you actually think these two games really mean anything in the big picture view of things.

Kobe is right. But he knows they won't shut up. It's the LA LAKERS.

whitemamba33
11-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Theres something to be said about a man who has every right to be arrogant but isnt. What if Kobe actually showed humility once in a blue moon? Maybe he would have even more rings.

His "Holier than thou" attitude towards Mike Brown is absolutely ridiculous regardless of their accomplishments.

Yes, and maybe the Staples center would be filled with sunshine and rainbows, and the hot dogs would be free at halftime!

The "win at all costs" and "I'm better than everyone" attitude won 6 championships in the 90's, and 5 in the 00's, so I find your comment about him winning more rings if he showed more humility to be pretty funny.

Sigh..look at me...trying to tell a Grizzlies fan what it takes to win. I'm going to go read the paper or something.

Greedy22
11-02-2012, 11:37 AM

Classy

whitemamba33
11-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Classy

lol that was my point. It's funny how we can say these things without putting second thought into it, but Kobe says "shut up" and people want him dead.

Greedy22
11-02-2012, 11:39 AM

Should be a 2, give it a rest man.

Greedy22
11-02-2012, 11:40 AM
lol that was my point. It's funny how we can say these things without putting second thought into it, but Kobe says "shut up" and people want him dead.

Lol, I don't see why they get all worked up. As captain of this team he's supposed to be the calming effect :shrug:

kobebabe
11-02-2012, 12:00 PM

This is completely unnecessary dude and uncalled for!

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
idk if that was wise for kobe to answer to the critics, we saw how riled up the critics were when lebron responded to his critics...

hmm winning cures everything, so hopefully they figure something out before it becomes daily news

kobebabe
11-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Shut up is such a common phrase that just about everyone in this forum has used in one way or the other. why the **** does it mean **** when kobe uses it. This forum is getting ridiculous!

IndyRealist
11-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Does Kobe have Mike Brown's back?

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Shut up is such a common phrase that just about everyone in this forum has used in one way or the other. why the **** does it mean **** when kobe uses it. This forum is getting ridiculous!

...someone explain this comment to me, because it doesnt make sense at all.

when you are famous and a polarizing figure like a kobe, lebron, wade, etc.
you basically cant do everything that normal people do because of the way the media plays mind games.

kobe is a smart guy, so he usually plays mind games with the media as well, but im not so sure if answering to the critics was a wise choice..

lebron/wade did that same thing in 2010, and the backlash was just unfair, of course winning cures everything, so as i said before.. they better figure something out real quick before we get daily news about everything lakers-related from the media.

but to use your comment is just silly. famous people/polarizing figures just dont have the basic freedom that us reg folks take for granted.

it is what it is.

miller74
11-02-2012, 12:30 PM
He's right they've played 2 games. How can you really expect 3 all star players to gel in this little time.

The Heat big 3 didnt start off that great, they figured it out.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-02-2012, 01:04 PM
he can neither past or pass...

Yeah the stupid IPhone tends to **** up what I'm trying to type sometimes smh

Fnom11
11-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Critics/Nba fans to Kobe- No. Stop sucking and you won't be criticized.

THE GIPPER
11-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes, and maybe the Staples center would be filled with sunshine and rainbows, and the hot dogs would be free at halftime!

That would be awesome!

The "win at all costs" and "I'm better than everyone" attitude won 6 championships in the 90's, and 5 in the 00's, so I find your comment about him winning more rings if he showed more humility to be pretty funny.

If he wasnt such an arrogant prick him and Shaq could've won more than 5 rings had they stayed together.

Sigh..look at me...trying to tell a Grizzlies fan what it takes to win. I'm going to go read the paper or something.

Dont leave! Teach me more about how to be an NBA champion since you're an expert on the topic.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-02-2012, 02:39 PM

:laugh2:

Just stop it kiddo! :laugh2:

P Harvy
11-02-2012, 02:44 PM

We can say these things because its a damn forum and we are talking to each other..

Kobe should just keep his damn mouth shut. He's been in the league how many years now and he still gets mad when people talk about his team haha its just comical. The media has a job to do, fans are going to be frustrated and when you have a super team the talk is going to increase.

So if he doesn't understand now that he and the Lakers are going to be under a microscope all season then he should just retire right now.

Leave the game bro.

Money_23
11-02-2012, 02:48 PM
he's just standing up for Mike Brown and the rest of the team. Using "shut up" might have been slightly excessive, but he's right on point.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-02-2012, 03:34 PM
hey kobe, dont tell me to shut up, im not a white girl from colorado.

sorry guys, i had to lol
:dance: