PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Howard, Paul Planned On Joining Forces With Mavericks

Pages : [1] 2

Punk
11-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Dwight Howard and Chris Paul tried to play on the same team when they were on the Orlando Magic and New Orleans Hornets, but neither wanted to go to their former respective teams.

"We were trying to play together, but it didn't work out," Howard told Yahoo! Sports.

Paul and Howard began talking about playing together in 2009.

Howard wanted Paul to join him with the Magic.

"What will you be giving up?" asked Paul, according to a source.

Paul's preference was for Howard to join him with the Hornets.

"I tried to get him to come to New Orleans," Paul told Yahoo! Sports. "It was back and forth, here and there."

Sources close to both players say that Paul and Howard eventually decided that the Dallas Mavericks would be the ideal team to play for. The Mavericks pursued trades for both players, but didn't have enough pieces to make a deal work.

Both Howard and Paul opted into their contracts for 12-13, which eliminated the option of unrestricted free agency.

Paul was all in for joining the Mavericks as a free agent in 2012, but he wanted a commitment from Howard, according to sources. Howard remained indecisive about his future and wasn't ready to commit.

Paul grew impatient waiting for Howard and requested a trade.

"We always wanted to play together," Howard said of Paul. "It didn't happen that way."

Howard and Paul are both strongly leaning toward re-signing with the Lakers and Clippers, respectively.

But the Mavericks and Hawks are both expected to have enough cap space to sign both Howard and Paul.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/224272/Sources_Howard_Paul_Briefly_Planned_On_Joining_For ces_With_Mavericks#ixzz2B1HIHNzd

I bet this will be the new rumor mill this season.

DillyDill
11-01-2012, 08:21 PM
I hope not i want them both to stay put in LA. So much great potential things can happen for those teams

theheatles
11-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Makes sense...Texas has no state tax

Cali and New York are appealing but pro athletes make less because of how hard they are taxed so you really have to work those bonuses with Nike and adidas.

CP3, Dwight and Dirk legitimately challenges the Heat and would have made me petrified but not with adding Ray and Rashard

JasonJohnHorn
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I'd be really happy if they went to Atlanta actually. I think the Hawks have some nice pieces to put around them.

Iron24th
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Lol media will never stop

More-Than-Most
11-01-2012, 08:24 PM
It bothers me that they planned this while being under contract with other teams. Just disrespectful in my honest opinion.

Bravo95
11-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I'd be really happy if they went to Atlanta actually. I think the Hawks have some nice pieces to put around them.
From your keyboard to God's ears...

WVNowitzki
11-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Well that would of been nice. Paul / Howard / Dirk ...nice little trio.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
:laugh2: Now trade me where i want or lose me to the Mavs....

theheatles
11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
This move would benefit them a lot too because Cuban would take on the Villain role to take pressure off his players

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:31 PM
i had a feeling something like this was bound to happen...cuz they are both free agents this summer....its gonna heat up all year around....and the way Howard is talking to the media...he seems too calm about the whole situation with the lakers..."It doesn't take one day to build a dynasty".....

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:34 PM
This move would benefit them a lot too because Cuban would take on the Villain role to take pressure off his players

thats why he let chandler, kidd, terry, and barea go....and just to think of it...he mite go after iguodala too....

DillyDill
11-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Whats the big reason they both haven't signed extension yet?

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Dwight didnt want to team up with Chris Paul once Deron took over as the best PG in the NBA, and then when Dwight tried to get it done Orlando didnt want to give him what he wanted.

Dwight wants Deron Williams PERIOD

Guppyfighter
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Dwight didnt want to team up with Chris Paul once Deron took over as the best PG in the NBA, and then when Dwight tried to get it done Orlando didnt want to give him what he wanted.

Dwight also thinks Monta Ellis is a top flight talent.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Whats the big reason they both haven't signed extension yet?

they will get more money once off-season begins...they can get paid up to 108 million...

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 08:37 PM
It bothers me that they planned this while being under contract with other teams. Just disrespectful in my honest opinion.

I agree, people **** all over Lebron for "The Decision" and all that, but at least he played out his contract like a man. With that said i still :love: both players.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:38 PM
I agree, people **** all over Lebron for "The Decision" and all that, but at least he played out his contract like a man. With that said i still :love: both players.

howard is probably the most hated player in the NBA

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 08:38 PM
One thing we learned about Dwight... he has absolutely no clue what his priorities are. I have always thought he should play with CP3 more than any other player.

Now they get the chance to play together? I can't understand how Lakers fans are so confident. I see no basketball reasons for Dwight to stay in LA past this year

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 08:39 PM

Deron Williams has NEVER been the best PG in the NBA and never will. He is not even a top 3 pg in my book anymore. Deron Williams has a lot to prove this year.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:39 PM
this is the reason i respect shaq alot more than howard.....shaq would dominate over howard anyday of the week

mightybosstone
11-01-2012, 08:40 PM
The idea of the two of them together is absolutely terrifying, IMO. Think about the impact that Paul's game had on Tyson and David West and then imagine Dwight's offensive game taking that big of a step forward. The two of them plus Dirk would have made a better basketball team than the Miami Heat. I really, really hope they don't pair up in Dallas or anywhere else for that matter. (Unless it's Houston)

DillyDill
11-01-2012, 08:41 PM
they will get more money once off-season begins...they can get paid up to 108 million...

Oh I see but they can't get that money right now if they resign

Guppyfighter
11-01-2012, 08:41 PM
this is the reason i respect shaq alot more than howard.....shaq would dominate over howard anyday of the week

Yeah, him leaving the Magic for the Lakers. Real good of him.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 08:42 PM

He is not. For whatever reason people still seem intent on hating Lebron.

I think it's because people like stability and certainty and they love the idea that Jordan will always be the best to ply the game. Any notion of a player surpassing Jordan is rejected and poeple hate Lebron for it; because most people are starting to realize that Lebron could very well surpass Jordan.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh I see but they can't get that money right now if they resign

ya...i think they would get 80-85 mill if they re-sign right now....bynum, iguodala, and ellis are also free agents after this season and have yet to re-sign...

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM

It's still Lebron for some strange reason, but Howard is up there. I think it will be forgotten if it already hasn't with the whole Dwightmare saga.

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Deron Williams has NEVER been the best PG in the NBA and never will. He is not even a top 3 pg in my book anymore. Deron Williams has a lot to prove this year.

You have admited you never watched him play in UTAH so how can he has never been the best PG in the league? Watch basketball!

More-Than-Most
11-01-2012, 08:45 PM

No he isn't.... He should be with all the ******** he did but at the end of the day everyone will forever always hate on Lebron and Kobe... Howard could smack the **** out of a child on the court and he still wouldnt get as much hate as Lebron/Kobe get.

Punk
11-01-2012, 08:46 PM
One thing we learned about Dwight... he has absolutely no clue what his priorities are. I have always thought he should play with CP3 more than any other player.

Now they get the chance to play together? I can't understand how Lakers fans are so confident. I see no basketball reasons for Dwight to stay in LA past this year

Only advantage LA has for Dwight is he can make up to 108 or 110 in a max deal. He couldn't make that in Dallas or Atlanta if he wanted to walk there.

LTBaByyy
11-01-2012, 08:46 PM
CP3
Mayo
Marion
Dirk
Howard

6th man: Collison
Crowder

It can happen money wise but I doubt it

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:47 PM
He is not. For whatever reason people still seem intent on hating Lebron.

I think it's because people like stability and certainty and they love the idea that Jordan will always be the best to ply the game. Any notion of a player surpassing Jordan is rejected and poeple hate Lebron for it; because most people are starting to realize that Lebron could very well surpass Jordan.

the hatred with lbj is alot less than before....even gilbert apologized to his fans about the whole lbj situation...however for howard....hes was being such an *** to the magic organization.....the only reason some fans are still hating on james is the fact that he would be up there with jordan...and like you said... he might surpass jordan once it's all said and done.....

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
You have admited you never watched him play in UTAH so how can he has never been the best PG in the league? Watch basketball!

He was never the best PG in the NBA at any point in his career, CP3 has been far superior to him.

LakersSaintsLSU
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM

:facepalm: d will destroy any of those guys cp3,drose, bodies up against him and gets buried!

King P
11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
This really shows us how indecisive Dwight is.

And his inability to make up his mind cost him the chance to play with either of the Top 2 PGs

LakersSaintsLSU
11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
CP3
Mayo
Marion
Dirk
Howard

6th man: Collison
Crowder

It can happen money wise but I doubt it

Arent you guys tired of talking about "next year":facepalm:

Just like you were supposed to get dwill and howard this year...i swear all dallas sports fans talk about "next year" fnding an excuse every year before the season even starts..."We will next year" smh

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Imagine if Castro Stern didn't veto that trade, both of them would be playing together in the P&G.

chicagocubsfan
11-01-2012, 08:51 PM
This really shows us how indecisive Dwight is.

And his inability to make up his mind cost him the chance to play with either of the Top 2 PGs

Yeah and he also could have played w/ D Rose, but Adidas wouldn't let that happen.

Chill_Will_24

I have never said i did not watch Deron Williams in Utah. Deron Williams had his best years in Utah and even then he was never even CLOSE to CP3. Most people know this.

Greedy22
:facepalm: d will destroy any of those guys cp3,drose, bodies up against him and gets buried!

Basketball is a TEAM game, he hasn't been a top 5 PG in the NBA since he left Utah.

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 08:52 PM
I have never said i did not watch Deron Williams in Utah. Deron Williams had his best years in Utah and even then he was never even CLOSE to CP3. Most people know this.

:nod:

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
Haha do me favors still butt hurt over Howard lol

He acts like he talked to Howard directly with his "PERIOD" statement lol

I'm not gonna lie I'm super happy he didn't go the the nets just cause I will root for the nets I like there team and I woulda hated them by default if Howard was there lol .... guess I'm a little butt hurt too

LTBaByyy
CP3 (15 mil first year of deal)
Howard (15 mil first year of deal)
Dirk (20 mil)
Marion (8 mil expiring)

Collison (Has one more year, 2 mill?)
Mayo (Has player option, can opt in after CP3 and Howard sign)
Crowder (Rookie Contract)
Wright (Vet min)
Roddy (Rookie Contract)
James (Rookie Contract)
Cunningham (Rookie Contract)

It can work but doubt it

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Basketball is a TEAM game, he hasn't been a top 5 PG in the NBA since he left Utah.

he wasn't recognized enough over the past two years is because new jersey sucked for a while

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 08:54 PM

Just like you were supposed to get dwill and howard this year...i swear all dallas sports fans talk about "next year" fnding an excuse every year before the season even starts..."We will next year" smh

Because its obvious he doesnt like the team he has right now, thats fine I would like that thrown together mess either.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 08:55 PM

It's ****en LA for one
2nd he's for Kobe
Pau and nash
They'll probably get a new coach soon and the lakers can offer him an extra year and 25 million more!
Oh and after Kobe and gasol are gone along with everybody thu will have the potential to sign 1-2 potential stars to play alongside dwight

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Only advantage LA has for Dwight is he can make up to 108 or 110 in a max deal. He couldn't make that in Dallas or Atlanta if he wanted to walk there.

Doubt it's enough to keep Dwight in LA with such uncertainty there. Getting old with CP3 is just so much more appealing imo.

Guys like Dwight and CP3 are so marketable that they do not need every penny on the dollar like Melo, Deron and other second tier guys.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
top pgs
cp3
d-rose
rondo
williams
westbrook

the only reason i put williams over westbrook is because westbrook is a scoring point guard...and the reason i put cp3 over rose is because he's a game changer......when he was with the hornets.....he took that team to the playoffs almost every year...and when he left...they were one of the worst teams in the league

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 08:58 PM

I could care less how Deron does statitically in head to head matchups with other top PGs. I would rather Deron improve the game of his teammates and lead his team to more wins.

No point guard impacts the game more than Chris Paul

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Doubt it's enough to keep Dwight in LA with such uncertainty there. Getting old with CP3 is just so much more appealing imo.

Guys like Dwight and CP3 are so marketable that they do not need every penny on the dollar like Melo, Deron and other second tier guys.

remember last season they were trying to get both howard and paul...but that never happened...

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I could care less how Deron does statitically in head to head matchups with other top PGs. I would rather Deron improve the game of his teammates and lead his team to more wins.

No point guard impacts the game more than Chris Paul

Chris Pauls offense sucks now, he isnt racking in more points for his team in points scored and assisted than Deron. Paul couldnt hold Derons jock since 2010.

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 09:00 PM
he wasn't recognized enough over the past two years is because new jersey sucked for a while

He's been surpassed dude, Kevin Love puts up elite efficient numbers on a bad team so the crappy team thing is a wash. CP3, Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Rondo were all better last year and the first 4 have been better the last 2 years.

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Chris Pauls offense sucks now, he isnt racking in more points for his team in points scored and assisted than Deron. Paul couldnt hold Derons jock since 2010.

:laugh:

In what world?

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM

lol he is not too far off. Patience in sports is actually a virtue (see Thunder, Spurs etc). Teams like the Nets and Knicks that rushed into putting together a sexy roster without much substance will enjoy second round exits for the next 4-5 years.

If the Mavs end up with Howard and Paul, all the wait will be worth it and Cuban will look like a genius.

I can see why sneering at this would make you feel better as a Laker fan but the fact remains that there is no basketball reason for Dwight to say no to Paul in Dallas.

There is too much ??? with the Lakers and their old players.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 09:05 PM
He's been surpassed dude, Kevin Love puts up elite efficient numbers on a bad team so the crappy team thing is a wash. CP3, Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Rondo were all better last year and the first 4 have been better the last 2 years.

honestly, love is a power forward, you cannot compare a pg to a pf...thats why they have the all-nba team....and remember,minnesota had a better team than NJ last year....lopez only played 4 games cuz of a broken foot

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Because its obvious he doesnt like the team he has right now, thats fine I would like that thrown together mess either.

I would love that "thrown together mess" over our "capped out for the next few years with no assets to help us improve".

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 09:08 PM
honestly, love is a power forward, you cannot compare a pg to a pf...thats why they have the all-nba team....and remember,minnesota had a better team than NJ last year....lopez only played 4 games cuz of a broken foot

Still has done it with a crappy roster. It's a crap shoot excuse, DWill is overrated by many and isn't as great as he's made out to be.

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 09:11 PM
lol he is not too far off. Patience in sports is actually a virtue (see Thunder, Spurs etc). Teams like the Nets and Knicks that rushed into putting together a sexy roster without much substance will enjoy second round exits for the next 4-5 years.

If the Mavs end up with Howard and Paul, all the wait will be worth it and Cuban will look like a genius.

I can see why sneering at this would make you feel better as a Laker fan but the fact remains that there is no basketball reason for Dwight to say no to Paul in Dallas.

There is too much ??? with the Lakers and their old players.

I think both like where they are at, but with D12 you never know lol. Obviously if the Lakers get deep in the playoffs and make the finals I think he stays, but if both LA teams get knocked out early I'll end up having heart surgery due to the stress haha.

Punk
11-01-2012, 09:12 PM

I don't see Paul leaving. He flat out said, he isn't re-signing until the off-season to get more money.

Dwight is still saying "Let's wait and see, I want to give LA a try"

Seriously? Lol

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:12 PM
It's ****en LA for one
2nd he's for Kobe
Pau and nash
They'll probably get a new coach soon and the lakers can offer him an extra year and 25 million more!
Oh and after Kobe and gasol are gone along with everybody thu will have the potential to sign 1-2 potential stars to play alongside dwight

Please. Dwight is not 19 years old. He is getting older and has not time to be waiting for the Lakers to maybe lure some stars there when Kobe and Gasol retire.

That whole "its LA" argument is getting old. Guess you forget that Dwight did not even want to go to the Lakers. It was Brooklyn, Dallas, and LA in that order. You guys just happened to have the only deal that appealed to Orlando.

Getting a new coach in LA where he did not want to play with in the first place vs playing with Chris ****ing Paul who he has always wanted to play with more than anyone, in Dallas which he preferred to Los Angeles? Hmmmm.. tough one....

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I would love that "thrown together mess" over our "capped out for the next few years with no assets to help us improve".

You would rather

Daren Collison over Deron Williams?

OJ Mayo over Joe Johnson?

Shawn Marion over Gerald Wallace?

Kaman over Lopez?

Ive never seen you happy about the Nets...usually when you dont like something you switch things up.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Still has done it with a crappy roster. It's a crap shoot excuse, DWill is overrated by many and isn't as great as he's made out to be.

i dunno about that....rubio is the real deal for the long run, pekovic played pretty consistent last year...and when love was out...he stepped up...and their bench was pretty decent with barea, ridnour, webster, and tolliver....derrick william....and i forgot...b-ez....nj had a garbage team...trust me...one superstar in a team is not enough in this league anymore

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:14 PM

:laugh2:

gilly
11-01-2012, 09:15 PM
You would rather

Kaman over Lopez?

Ive never seen you happy about the Nets...usually when you dont like something you switch things up.

I would rather have OJ Mayo on his contract than Joe on his.

I would rather have Shawn Marion on his contract over Gerald Wallace on his.

I would rather have Chris Kaman on his contract than Brook Lopez on his.

That's all just me though...

The goods
11-01-2012, 09:16 PM
The Lakers were soooo close to getting both it wasn't funny, damn you stern.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't see Paul leaving. He flat out said, he isn't re-signing until the off-season to get more money.

Dwight is still saying "Let's wait and see, I want to give LA a try"

Seriously? Lol

?

Punk
11-01-2012, 09:17 PM

Micheal Jordan couldn't hold Deron's Jockstrap in her eyes too.

rockbottom2010
I would rather have OJ Mayo on his contract than Joe on his.

I would rather have Shawn Marion on his contract over Gerald Wallace on his.

I would rather have Chris Kaman on his contract than Brook Lopez on his.

That's all just me though...

oj mayo....too many issues...thats why he was let go from the grizzlies...marion....maybe 10 years ago...but now...no way....and kaman....hes inconsistent....i think lopez is gonna beast it out...and nets in my opinion have a better team than the knicks....knicks have a bunch of geezers in that team

Chill_Will_24
You would rather

Kaman over Lopez?

With the chance to sign Chris Paul and Dwight Howard? Ummmmmmmmmmmmm?
Yes.

I was happy when the Nets had a huge chance at landing a top 5 player in Dwight Howard. I was happy when the Nets had Derrick Favors and were taking their time building their roster intelligently.

I am a title or bust guy. It's my curse. I will never be the type that is happy to JUST see his team make the playoffs. Hate being a capped out middle of the pack team. I hate nothing more.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Yes.

im sure cuban talked to howard and paul....thats why hes pulling this stunt

seikou8
11-01-2012, 09:20 PM

:facepalm::rolleyes::laugh2:

KobeOwnSU
I'm in the minority, I am sure, but as a Laker fan I hope Dwight leaves. It's time to rebuild this franchise smartly and with youth. We can do that through the draft...wait...Nevermind, that's right, we traded all of our 1st round picks for the next 5 years for a 38 year old Nash and Dwight who probably won't re-sign. **** Mike Brown, I hate that potato head looking *****.

mightybosstone

Holy crap. Your takes are so bad that you might as well be the Skip Bayless of the NBA general forum. Except that at least Skip Bayless is fun to laugh at. I just feel sorry for you.

DoMeFavors
Yes.

Bobcats have the chance to sign them also would you rather be in their position? Deron a hometown Dallas boy didnt go to Dallas which you were banking on (and hoping for). Dwight and Paul arent going to Dallas, they have much better teams now then if they teamed up in Dallas.

NYMetros
11-01-2012, 09:21 PM

Are you 13 years old? Just wondering.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:23 PM

Micheal Jordan couldn't hold Deron's Jockstrap in her eyes too.

I basically just humor him (her?)...

It's entertaining. He is my own personal online clown for when i am online and bored.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:26 PM
oj mayo....too many issues...thats why he was let go from the grizzlies...marion....maybe 10 years ago...but now...no way....and kaman....hes inconsistent....i think lopez is gonna beast it out...and nets in my opinion have a better team than the knicks....knicks have a bunch of geezers in that team

Have you seen their front line?

Lopez
Humphries
Blatche
Teletovic

Those are the bigs in their roster. Where is the defense? All those guys together couldn't keep ME out of the paint.

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Have you seen their front line?

Lopez
Humphries
Blatche
Teletovic

Those are the bigs in their roster. Where is the defense? All those guys together couldn't keep ME out of the paint.

Who cares about giving up points when those guys are putting up twice the amount of points they give up. Their offense is probably the best front court in the NBA.

LakersSaintsLSU
11-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Please. Dwight is not 19 years old. He is getting older and has not time to be waiting for the Lakers to maybe lure some stars there when Kobe and Gasol retire.

That whole "its LA" argument is getting old. Guess you forget that Dwight did not even want to go to the Lakers. It was Brooklyn, Dallas, and LA in that order. You guys just happened to have the only deal that appealed to Orlando.

Getting a new coach in LA where he did not want to play with in the first place vs playing with Chris ****ing Paul who he has always wanted to play with more than anyone, in Dallas which he preferred to Los Angeles? Hmmmm.. tough one....

Man i would stay away from the bath salts....you take everythng espn shove out then you shove it up your culo...u should take bucher's spot

Chill_Will_24
Bobcats have the chance to sign them also would you rather be in their position? Deron a hometown Dallas boy didnt go to Dallas which you were banking on (and hoping for). Dwight and Paul arent going to Dallas, they have much better teams now then if they teamed up in Dallas.

Did you just compare Charlotte to Dallas?

Please man.. just please...

Charlotte was not on Dwight's list. Also did you read the OP? Chris Paul and Dwight Howard WANT to play together and have admitted it many times. Are you really so blind?

mdm692

You never cease to amaze. You and Douglas are my favorite posters because I know I will get a laugh for sure(don't take it the wrong way).

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Did you just compare Charlotte to Dallas?

Please man.. just please...

Charlotte was not on Dwight's list. Also did you read the OP? Chris Paul and Dwight Howard WANT to play together and have admitted it many times. Are you really so blind?

That was 3 years ago its not like Dwight is still in Orlando and Paul is still in New Orleans if then , maybe they would go to the Mavs. But Dwight is with the Lakers and Paul is with the Clippers. It aint happening.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Who cares about giving up points when those guys are putting up twice the amount of points they give up. Their offense is probably the best front court in the NBA.

Who is going to be the first to sig this one?

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 09:33 PM

jordan is one of the worst gms in the league...no disrespect as a person...but charlotte....they are in a bad situation...soo bad...i don't even know if that team is going to last

IndyRealist
11-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Did they both just admit to player tampering?

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Man i would stay away from the bath salts....you take everythng espn shove out then you shove it up your culo...u should take bucher's spot

Excuse me? I no speaky el guatemalan?

Maybe you should actually try reading. It's not what ESPN said.. it's what Dwight HIMSELF said...

LA was AT BEST his second choice. LA was never the apple of his eye. So that "it's ****ing LA" argument is comical in this thread.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 09:36 PM
excuse me? I no speaky el guatemalan?

Maybe you should actually try reading. It's not what espn said.. It's what dwight himself said...

La was at best his second choice. La was never the apple of his eye. So that "it's ****ing la" argument is comical in this thread.

lol

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 09:38 PM

Who is going to be the first to sig this one?

done! ;)

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:39 PM
That was 3 years ago its not like Dwight is still in Orlando and Paul is still in New Orleans if then , maybe they would go to the Mavs. But Dwight is with the Lakers and Paul is with the Clippers. It aint happening.

So you think hoping to win a title with their old lineup and bad coach and then once Kobe and Gasol are gone hope the Lakers can lure some players is a better option that teaming up in the place where he wanted to play over LA with the guy he most wanted to play with when they are both in their prime?

Teaming with Dirk and CP3 gives him just as much, as playing with Kobe, Nash and Gasol plus more since CP3 and Dwight would still be in their prime when it's time to replace Dirk.

When Kobe and Gasol leave Dwight would be there alone hoping they can lure someone

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
So you think hoping to win a title with their old lineup and bad coach and then once Kobe and Gasol are gone hope the Lakers can lure some players is a better option that teaming up in the place where he wanted to play over LA with the guy he most wanted to play with when they are both in their prime?

Teaming with Dirk and CP3 gives him just as much, as playing with Kobe, Nash and Gasol plus more since CP3 and Dwight would still be in their prime when it's time to replace Dirk.

When Kobe and Gasol leave Dwight would be there alone hoping they can lure someone

don't forget nash too...hes older than both of them lol

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 09:42 PM

Its not about what me or you think , its about common sense what you think should happen WONT.

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 09:42 PM
jordan is one of the worst gms in the league...no disrespect as a person...but charlotte....they are in a bad situation...soo bad...i don't even know if that team is going to last

CP3 is from Charlotte and said he would play there along with his sponser MJ

Mr_Jones
11-01-2012, 09:45 PM

I agree.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 09:45 PM
CP3 is from Charlotte and said he would play there along with his sponser MJ

keep dreaming

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
I thought all the New York fans tried to tell us that Chris Paul wanted to play for the Knicks...

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Its not about what me or you think , its about common sense what you think should happen WONT.

:laugh2: DMF trying his hand at that "rationality" word...

At this point would ANYTHING Dwight does surprise anyone. He is like a temper child who throws tantrums when he does not get what he wants. It would not surprise me to see him give up a few extra million (not taking into account the extra year) just to play where he wanted with who he wanted vs staying in the place he never wanted with no top guys his age to grow old with.

ragee
11-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Not happening. We are just the team that superstars use to get to where they want to go. I don't care anymore. I believe in Cuban and I do believe he can build another team that can contend for a title with or without those superstars.

Greedy22
11-01-2012, 09:48 PM
keep dreaming

This

xxplayerxx23
11-01-2012, 09:50 PM
RockBottom+DMF = Goat Thread.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 09:53 PM
RockBottom+DMF = Goat Thread.

xxplayerxx23 + pillsbury dough boy = piss thread

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 09:54 PM

Lol just stop he's staying in LA, atleast here the stars will come... I would make a bet with you but it's pointless Dwight is staying put especially if the lakers get to the finals and win it

xxplayerxx23
11-01-2012, 09:56 PM
xxplayerxx23 + pillsbury dough boy = piss thread

:shrug: Can't argue with Logic.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 09:58 PM
:shrug: Can't argue with Logic.

can't argue with reality

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Lol just stop he's staying in LA, atleast here the stars will come... I would make a bet with you but it's pointless Dwight is staying put especially if the lakers get to the finals and win it

That is what Laker fans always claim yet Howard never wanted to go to the Lakers. That is fact. He himself admitted to it.

What is the reason you think Howard will without a doubt remain happy in LA when he gets the chance to play with Paul in the place he wanted over LA?

odiz
11-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Well that would of been nice. Paul / Howard / Dirk ...nice little trio.

Paul/Teague/Smith/Horford/Howard is pretty damn nice aswell.

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 10:03 PM
That is what Laker fans always claim yet Howard never wanted to go to the Lakers. That is fact. He himself admitted to it.

What is the reason you think Howard will without a doubt remain happy in LA when he gets the chance to play with Paul in the place he wanted over LA?

This is true, if he really wanted to stay in LA he wouldnt keep talking about the Nets which he does every week. He keeps saying he wanted to be a Net.

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:05 PM
This is true, if he really wanted to stay in LA he wouldnt keep talking about the Nets which he does every week. He keeps saying he wanted to be a Net.

when?

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:05 PM
when?

last week

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Dwight didnt sign the extension and in 2 years Nash, Gasol, Kobe will be retired and ONCE again he will be looking for a superstar HIS OWN AGE or in their prime to play with. He aint staying in LA get over it.

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:07 PM
last week

last week is every week now?

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:08 PM
last week is every week now?

before the nba season started on espn radio

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Dwight didnt sign the extension and in 2 years Nash, Gasol, Kobe will be retired and ONCE again he will be looking for a superstar HIS OWN AGE or in their prime to play with. He aint staying in LA get over it.

where does your crystal ball say he is going?

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 10:11 PM
where does your crystal ball say he is going?

I dont have a crystal ball but if I had to put money on it, im going to go Nets or Hawks

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 10:13 PM
He wanted Nets, Mavs, Lakers in that order.

Also he wants to play with CP3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuJpz66cME0

Go to the 1:58 mark. He names Chris Paul before any other player.

He says he is happy in LA? In the same video he claimed how happy he was in ORL yet desperately tried to force his way to Brooklyn not too long after.

Please. I see no reason for LA fans to be so smug and sure about Dwight 100% remaining in LA "just because it's LA" when basketball wise Dallas makes so much more sense.

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:13 PM
I dont have a crystal ball but if I had to put money on it, im going to go Nets or Hawks

you ever hear of a salary cap?

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:14 PM
you ever hear of a salary cap?

the nets are willing to go over the cap and pay the luxury tax...since the owner of the nets is a billionaire...im not sure about the hawks...they are a small market team...

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 10:15 PM

Hawks make sense too. Moreso than Dallas in a lot of ways. JSmooth is Dwight's boy and defensively that front line would be so scary. Playing in his hometown might be very appealing.

It's just not a huge market city like most of these athletes seem to be flocking to.

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:16 PM
the nets are willing to go over the cap and pay the luxury tax...since the owner of the nets is a billionaire

You cant sign a player to a giant deal if you are over the cap, unless he is already on your team...they would have to trade some of their other players, and outside of Deron Williams, no one on that roster, with the contract they have, sounds too attractive.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Hawks make sense too. Moreso than Dallas in a lot of ways. JSmooth is Dwight's boy and defensively that front line would be so scary. Playing in his hometown might be very appealing.

It's just not a huge market city like most of these athletes seem to be flocking to.

they also have horford too....speaking of jsmoove...hes a free agent after this season....

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:17 PM
You cant sign a player to a giant deal if you are over the cap, unless he is already on your team...they would have to trade some of their other players, and outside of Deron Williams, no one on that roster, with the contract they have, sounds too attractive.

they have the money

xxplayerxx23
11-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Paul/Teague/Smith/Horford/Howard is pretty damn nice aswell.

No way, Smith and Horford? Paul with that front court :drool:

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:19 PM
they have the money

I dont doubt they have the money...the dont have the cap space though.

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 10:20 PM

Still Paul will stay in LAC IMO, and Dwight will want to play with someone his own age and who is a better player to play with than Smith? If CP3 stays in LAC all the top players will have players around their age playing together, and Kobe saying he is retiring in 2 years doesnt help. Dwight if he signs with the Lakers will have to realize that in 2 years most of those players will be gone and it will probably be Orlando magic all over again. This might be his last chance.

ThunderousDemon
11-01-2012, 10:20 PM

Give it a rest, don't you ever get tired of trolling or do you take some perverse pleasure in acting like a moron and getting people riled up?

championships
11-01-2012, 10:21 PM

Cause of things like this

Dwight Howard ‏@DwightHoward
Just set down with @kaj33. Man God is so good. Was in tears. What a blessing. This is like a dream come true. Go Lakers.

Me and @kaj33 together. For many years to come.

At his first Media Day as a member of the Lakers, Howard was asked about life post-Kobe, and if heís ready to carry that mantle.

ďI have (thought of it), but itís a process. Still, Iím willing to go through that process and learn from one of the greatest players to ever play the game.Ē

ďLearning from a guy like Kobe, I know heís going to be tough on me. I expect that. I want him to do that. I want to be that guy. Iíll take all the heat that heís going to give me, because I know that at the end of the day itís going to make me a better player, a better person, and itís going to make this team better.Ē

While this season their focus is on working together and playing with one another, with no long-term extension in place itís interesting to hear Howard discuss becoming the face of the franchise for years to come.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:22 PM

u didn't read what i said...once they go over the cap...you have to pay the luxury tax...and the nets are willing to do that

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:23 PM
u didn't read what i said...once they go over the cap...you have to pay the luxury tax...and the nets are willing to do that

lol, but they cant just sign a player to whatever type of contract Dwight is going to ask for when they are already over the cap, even if they wanted to. There are rules dude.

championships
11-01-2012, 10:25 PM

I'm glad that YOU said this. You were completely wrong with Favors staying, Melo going to your team, Dwight coming to your team.
These things you guaranteed would happen.

So sounds like Dwight will be staying... Thanks

championships
11-01-2012, 10:26 PM
lol, but they cant just sign a player to whatever type of contract Dwight is going to ask for when they are already over the cap, even if they wanted to. There are rules dude.

They have the bird rights on Dwight. They can actually offer him more than any other team.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:27 PM

omg, thats why they have the luxury tax....i don't know if you watched basketball as long as i did...im gonna give you an example, remember when Isaiah Thomas was the Knicks GM back in 2003..they were over the cap by soo much, they had to pay soo much of the luxury tax...another example, the 2000 portland trail blazers...they were over the cap...they lost soo much money...they had to rebuild again...

championships
11-01-2012, 10:27 PM

When have they ever had the cap room? Lakers still find a way to get their man.

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:28 PM
They have the bird rights on Dwight. They can actually offer him more than any other team.

yeah, the Lakers can...the Nets cant, the guy I was talking to, thinks the Nets can sign him outright.

KobeOwnSU

No, no. It doesn't work that way. Just because they have the money to do it, doesn't mean that have the ability. You cannot sign a player to a deal when you are over the salary cap, barring the exemptions and league minimums, so therefore the only way the Nets can get Howard is through a sign and trade. Now, please, enlighten us as to what package of players and/or picks that the Nets can come up with to satisfy a team?

PurpleJesus
When have they ever had the cap room? Lakers still find a way to get their man.

Again dude, the Nets are the team in question, not the Lakers.

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Lakers either take our package for Dwight this summer or let him walk to the Hawks...fine by me. He will force his way here no doubt in my mind.

PurpleJesus
omg, thats why they have the luxury tax....i don't know if you watched basketball as long as i did...im gonna give you an example, remember when Isaiah Thomas was the Knicks GM back in 2003..they were over the cap by soo much, they had to pay soo much of the luxury tax...another example, the 2000 portland trail blazers...they were over the cap...they lost soo much money...they had to rebuild again...

you are wrong about this. The Nets can go over the cap to sign their own players...they cannot sign Dwight outright because they are willing to pay the luxury tax...unless, Dwight is willing to accept something like the mid level exception...which, I doubt he is.

rockbottom2010
No, no. It doesn't work that way. Just because they have the money to do it, doesn't mean that have the ability. You cannot sign a player to a deal when you are over the salary cap, barring the exemptions and league minimums, so therefore the only way the Nets can get Howard is through a sign and trade. Now, please, enlighten us as to what package of players and/or picks that the Nets can come up with to satisfy a team?

the new cba is gay...you have to more luxury tax...example...if ur 15 mill over the cap...you have to pay 20 millions dollar of lux tax...

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:32 PM
you are wrong about this. The Nets can go over the cap to sign their own players...they cannot sign Dwight outright because they are willing to pay the luxury tax...unless, Dwight is willing to accept something like the mid level exception...which, I doubt he is.

we'll see what happens this off season...its going to be real interesting

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:33 PM
the new cba is gay...you have to more luxury tax...example...if ur 15 mill over the cap...you have to pay 20 millions dollar of lux tax...

In neither the old CBA, nor the new one, could you sign a player to a contract if you were over the cap, unless that player was already on your team. If you were over the cap, the only ways to bring players in, are via trade, or signings of the MLE, or the minimum.

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 10:33 PM

Ok, i'm assuming you are talking about the dollar you have to spend for every dollar you are over the luxury tax threshold? This has nothing to do with the Nets being able to sign Dwight. They can't sign him outright. It is literally impossible. They will have to do a sign and trade.

championships
11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Still Paul will stay in LAC IMO, and Dwight will want to play with someone his own age and who is a better player to play with than Smith? If CP3 stays in LAC all the top players will have players around their age playing together, and Kobe saying he is retiring in 2 years doesnt help. Dwight if he signs with the Lakers will have to realize that in 2 years most of those players will be gone and it will probably be Orlando magic all over again This might be his last chance.

You are sadly mistaken if you think the Lakers won't surround Dwight with the talent he needs. Haven't you paid attention to how the Lakers run their organization??

odiz
11-01-2012, 10:34 PM

You actually cant do sign and trades anymore If you are over the cap. So there is basically zero chance of Dwight going to the Nets.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Ok, i'm assuming you are talking about the dollar you have to spend for every dollar you are over the luxury tax threshold? This has nothing to do with the Nets being able to sign Dwight. They can't sign him outright. It is literally impossible. They will have to do a sign and trade.

they were talking about the miami heat as an example, glad stern is leaving in a year and a half

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 10:36 PM
You are sadly mistaken if you think the Lakers won't surround Dwight with the talent he needs. Haven't you paid attention to how the Lakers run their organization??

Yeah they had Kobe in his prime and he wanted out for a while when he was the only star there, which will be what Dwight is. There are going to be no stars to put around him, role players wont get it done.

championships
11-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Lakers either take our package for Dwight this summer or let him walk to the Hawks...fine by me. He will force his way here no doubt in my mind.

Wrong again. I love it. Keep saying stuff like this.

It never happens

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 10:37 PM
You actually cant do sign and trades anymore If you are over the cap. So there is basically zero chance of Dwight going to the Nets.

I stand corrected, there is zero chance :D

GiantsSwaGG
I don't blame him. Who would want to play in the Princeton offense? Let alone a ball hog in Kobe

PurpleJesus
they were talking about the miami heat as an example, glad stern is leaving in a year and a half

Have you learned in about the last half hour that the Nets cannot sign Dwight outright? Or do you think they still can because they are willing to pay the luxury tax?

DillyDill
11-01-2012, 10:38 PM
I believe in the laker organization. They wouldn't trade for Superman if they knew he wasn't going to resign. Same with Paul

championships
11-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah they had Kobe in his prime and he wanted out for a while when he was the only star there, which will be what Dwight is. There are going to be no stars to put around him, role players wont get it done.

And what happened after that??

Oh yeah, Got the talent they needed. Results? back to Back chips.

Keep digging bro ;)

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Try to understand this...If Dwight re-signs this off-season, then in 2014 the Lakers will literally have nobody on their payroll outside of Dwight, meaning they can sign two more max players (i.e. Miami 2010). So Dwight gets two years to try to win a championship with this team and then he gets two more stars with him in 2014, to try and win a championship(s) for the foreseeable future. Try not to let your hate blind you from seeing the truth.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Wrong again. I love it. Keep saying stuff like this.

It never happens

howard needs to be in a team that is surrounded with shooters....when he was a magic...every position in that team were shooters except the center position....as for the lakers....nash is the only pure shooter for that team...and at the same time hes not going to shoot all time...kobe is a semi shooter...they need players like korver or novak..or even j r smith

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Try to understand this...If Dwight re-signs this off-season, then in 2014 the Lakers will literally have nobody on their payroll outside of Dwight, meaning they can sign two more max players (i.e. Miami 2010). So Dwight gets two years to try to win a championship with this team and then he gets two more stars with him in 2014, to try and win a championship(s) for the foreseeable future. Try not to let your hate blind you from seeing the truth.

kobe's a free agent after the 14' season....and he'll be 36 that year...alot of ppl are saying that he mite retire...he needs another superstar around his age to contend for the long run

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Cause of things like this

Dwight Howard ‏@DwightHoward
Just set down with @kaj33. Man God is so good. Was in tears. What a blessing. This is like a dream come true. Go Lakers.

Me and @kaj33 together. For many years to come.

At his first Media Day as a member of the Lakers, Howard was asked about life post-Kobe, and if heís ready to carry that mantle.

ďI have (thought of it), but itís a process. Still, Iím willing to go through that process and learn from one of the greatest players to ever play the game.Ē

ďLearning from a guy like Kobe, I know heís going to be tough on me. I expect that. I want him to do that. I want to be that guy. Iíll take all the heat that heís going to give me, because I know that at the end of the day itís going to make me a better player, a better person, and itís going to make this team better.Ē

While this season their focus is on working together and playing with one another, with no long-term extension in place itís interesting to hear Howard discuss becoming the face of the franchise for years to come.

Sounds no different to me than all the bs he fed to ORL fans when they were singing him this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYveB79IRHo

Trust absolutely nothing when it comes to Dwight. He is a child at heart that never had any desire to go to the Lakers and only the threat of getting sent there got him to sign his ETO (ironic right?).

he is an insecure player who hates being disliked and nobody know what the hell is in his head.

Facts are that Lakers were never the place he wanted to be and Chris Paul is the player he wants to play with. Mavs (the one other place he wanted over LA) have the space to sign them both and so does ATL (i believe).

We will see.

CEasFiRe
11-01-2012, 10:46 PM

is your gpa as low as Dwights free throw percentage?

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
kobe's a free agent after the 14' season....and he'll be 36 that year...alot of ppl are saying that he mite retire...he needs another superstar around his age to contend for the long run

I'm sorry...What the **** are you even saying? :confused:

albertajaysfan
11-01-2012, 10:47 PM

You are missing a key part about that whole thing. Kobe wanted either a commitment from the front office to winning or he wanted out.

So the Lakers got, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and Ron Artest and went to the finals three years in a row. Which surprise surprise placated Kobe.

Unless you have not been paying attention at all for the last 40 years you have surely noticed that the Lakers rebuild differently then pretty much every team in the NBA. They will find a star to play with Dwight no doubt about it. That is exactly why people say "its LA" because we all recognize no other organization in the NBA has a commitment to winning quite like the Lakers.

Where is my latest example of this? Well I would say this past offseason when the Lakers looked like 1st or 2nd round fodder but somehow added Nash and Howard to the lineup.

Let me rattle off a few more....
Shaq teaming up with Kobe
Wilt coming to tinseltown
Would you care for me to continue?

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 10:50 PM

You think Dwight wants to wait around for that. He is in his prime NOW..

No reason for him to stay with LA on that promise while he can just sign elsewhere with CP3 in Dallas and become instant contenders with he and Cp3 around the same age

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 10:51 PM

This

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry...What the **** are you even saying? :confused:

do i have speak to you in a different language in order for you to understand....im saying.....kobe career is coming to an end...and dwight howard wants to play with a superstar that will contend for the long run.....howard is the only superstar for the lakers who is under 30...which is sad

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:53 PM

No reason for him to stay with LA on that promise while he can just sign elsewhere with CP3 in Dallas and become instant contenders with he and Cp3 around the same age

this

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:54 PM
this

But, you do realize he cant sign with any team over the cap outright, unless it is the Lakers, right?

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 10:55 PM

What stars will be availiable in 2014? O yeah none

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 10:56 PM

What stars are you dreaming about?

he can wait around for your dream to fulfill or he can go play with another top 5 player ASAP in Dallas where he wanted to play over Los Angeles anyway.

Lakers fans do not get that Dwight never had any interest in playing for the Lakers and for all anyone know he still doesn't. He wanted Brooklyn then Dallas then LA in that order and everyone knew it.

Dallas and Brooklyn had nothing so the Magic settled for the Lakers package but how does that assure anyone that Dwight suddenly changed his mind? because he spit out a few company lines like the ones he spit out for ORL fans for years when he told them he loved them and to have faith and wore "loyalty" shirts?

Dwight is an idiot. I can see him screwing over whoever he has to to get his way and he has wanted to play with Paul for a while (does anyone blame him)?

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:57 PM
But, you do realize he cant sign with any team over the cap outright, unless it is the Lakers, right?

money will never be an issue for nba superstars...just like when lbj, wade, and bosh joined the heat in 2010..

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 10:57 PM
do i have speak to you in a different language in order for you to understand....im saying.....kobe career is coming to an end...and dwight howard wants to play with a superstar that will contend for the long run.....howard is the only superstar for the lakers who is under 30...which is sad

Ok and I already told you that in 2014 when the Lakers payroll is completely clear except Dwight (assuming Dwight re-signs of course), they can essentially add two more stars in their prime to compliment Dwight (much like the Heat did). I know Kobe is going to retire soon and it will only help the Lakers move forward when he does.

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 10:58 PM
money will never be an issue for nba superstars...just like when lbj, wade, and bosh joined the heat in 2010..

but you do realize, that he cannot sign with the Nets outright...right?

Also, LBJ and Bosh did a sign and trade to go to a team that was already over the cap, which they would not be allowed to do now, under the new CBA.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Ok and I already told you that in 2014 when the Lakers payroll is completely clear except Dwight (assuming Dwight re-signs of course), they can essentially add two more stars in their prime to compliment Dwight (much like the Heat did). I know Kobe is going to retire soon and it will only help the Lakers move forward when he does.

that's why howard and paul have a better chance with the mavs

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 11:00 PM
What stars are you dreaming about?

he can wait around for your dream to fulfill or he can go play with another top 5 player ASAP in Dallas where he wanted to play over Los Angeles anyway.

Lakers fans do not get that Dwight never had any interest in playing for the Lakers and for all anyone know he still doesn't. He wanted Brooklyn then Dallas then LA in that order and everyone knew it.

Dallas and Brooklyn had nothing so the Magic settled for the Lakers package but how does that assure anyone that Dwight suddenly changed his mind? because he spit out a few company lines like the ones he spit out for ORL fans for years when he told them he loved them and to have faith and wore "loyalty" shirts?

Dwight is an idiot. I can see him screwing over whoever he has to to get his way and he has wanted to play with Paul for a while (does anyone blame him)?

Kyrie Irving
LeBron James
Melo
Danny Granger

There are plenty of players available that offseason to surround Dwight with a championship team.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:03 PM
What stars will be availiable in 2014? O yeah none

Lebron will not be leaving MIA unless Wade declines heavily. I do not see what stars will be available that they think would be better than growing with CP3..

Iggy? Gay? Melo ( :laugh2: )? I seriously fail to see their logic.

rockbottom2010
[QUOTE=PurpleJesus;24155690]but you do realize, that he cannot sign with the Nets outright...right?

I didn't say that Howard was going to the Nets. If he had the opportunity, he would have had the chance to go there. The Nets are over the cap.

DoMeFavors
Dwight said to WOJ during free agency he would ONLY RESIGN with one team that was the Nets, Dont you think he would have resigned with the Lakers if he wanted to stay? He has never seemed like he wanted to be a Laker.

Avenged
11-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Hah. That would be one epic team. Dwight/Paul/Dirk with the pieces they'd add... No thanks!

rockbottom2010
Lebron will not be leaving MIA unless Wade declines heavily. I do not see what stars will be available that they think would be better than growing with CP3..

Iggy? Gay? Melo ( :laugh2: )? I seriously fail to see their logic.

Kobe Bryant:laugh2:

Chill_Will_24

Who? Iggy? Gay? Melo? I seriously see nobody that would be better than CP3.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 11:05 PM

God you're one of the worst posters on psd seriously nobody agrees with you on anything ever and most of the time you're wrong on everything

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I didn't say that Howard was going to the Nets. If he had the opportunity, he would have had the chance to go there. The Nets are over the cap.

you are retracting now...

You said that the Nets could sign him, because they are willing to pay the luxury tax.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 11:07 PM
you are retracting now...

You said that the Nets could sign him, because they are willing to pay the luxury tax.

so what are they going to do with brook lopez?...they signed him to a long-term deal...

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Kyrie Irving
LeBron James
Melo
Danny Granger

There are plenty of players available that offseason to surround Dwight with a championship team.

lol take Lebron out because it would take a massive decline for DWade for Lebron to consider leaving and even then he and Dwight are not the best of buds.

Melo? :laugh:

Irving is a restricted FA

Granger? Really?

Dude none of that crap short of Lebron beats playing with a prime CP3 ASAP in Dallas where he wanted to go over LA anyway.

LoveMeOrHateMe
I don't blame him. Who would want to play in the Princeton offense? Let alone a ball hog in Kobe

I would say that ball hog is playing pretty well averaging 26 points on 62% shooting keep talking out of your ***

KobeOwnSU
Who? Iggy? Gay? Melo? I seriously see nobody that would be better than CP3.

I would say the Lakers go after Kyrie Irving, LeBron, and Klay Thompson. Then use the MLE to get Kwahi Leonard.

Irving
Thompson
Leonard
Lebron
Dwight

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 11:10 PM

This :clap:

rockbottom2010
Kyrie Irving
LeBron James
Melo
Danny Granger

dwight howard will never play with lebron james in the nba......keep dreaming

PurpleJesus
so what are they going to do with brook lopez?...they signed him to a long-term deal...

whats your point? They were able to sign him to a long term deal, because he was already on the team...he had Bird rights...the Nets do not own Dwights Bird rights, the Lakers do.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:11 PM

He is not going to the Nets. That ship sailed. I hope people stop bringing up the Nets.

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 11:11 PM
lol take Lebron out because it would take a massive decline for DWade for Lebron to consider leaving and even then he and Dwight are not the best of buds.

Granger? Really?

Dude none of that crap short of Lebron beats playing with a prime CP3 ASAP in Dallas where he wanted to go over LA anyway.

I think Lebron could decide to leave Miami. And maybe Kyrie is unlikely because of the Cavs matching whatever offer he gets. But crazy **** happens. I didn't think the Lakers, with no assets or cap space, could get Nash and Dwight, but that happened.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Sounds no different to me than all the bs he fed to ORL fans when they were singing him this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYveB79IRHo

Trust absolutely nothing when it comes to Dwight. He is a child at heart that never had any desire to go to the Lakers and only the threat of getting sent there got him to sign his ETO (ironic right?).

he is an insecure player who hates being disliked and nobody know what the hell is in his head.

Facts are that Lakers were never the place he wanted to be and Chris Paul is the player he wants to play with. Mavs (the one other place he wanted over LA) have the space to sign them both and so does ATL (i believe).

We will see.

Your just digging dude remember when they asked him who was the one player he would love to play with during the all-star break and he said Kobe! Yeah you're welcome he's staying in LA baby!

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Dwight wants to win a championship, Dwight teaming up with Danny Granger or Kyrie Irving isnt winning a ship. Look at every other team in the league with superstars and look at that. And Kyrie will be a RFA and be back with Cleveland anyway. And Granger will be way past his prime and his prime was nothing special.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 11:13 PM
He is not going to the Nets. That ship sailed. I hope people stop bringing up the Nets.

i know that hes not going to the nets....i just letting purplejesus know...cuz lopez is their centre

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 11:14 PM

Wtf? You're acting like the lakers suck the lakers probably have the best starting 5 in the NBA they just need to get the chemistry going and play defense stop acting like the lakers aren't contenders and when Kobe and everyone else is gone they will be contenders right away with the other stars the lakers will sign to pair up with him

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I would say the Lakers go after Kyrie Irving, LeBron, and Klay Thompson. Then use the MLE to get Kwahi Leonard.

Irving
Thompson
Leonard
Lebron
Dwight

:laugh2: Wow.. so those are your amazing stars of 2014 that will swoon Dwight and convince him not to go play with CP3, and Dirk or CP3, Horford, and JSmooth?

Irving is restricted and CLE will NOT let him go. Thompson? lol Greg Pop loves Leonard and the Spurs do too. He will not be going anywhere. Lebron is a dream and a long shot as well because he has everything he needs in MIA.

Seriously why in the world would Lebron leave MIA?

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Dwight wants to win a championship, Dwight teaming up with Danny Granger or Kyrie Irving isnt winning a ship. Look at every other team in the league with superstars and look at that. And Kyrie will be a RFA and be back with Cleveland anyway. And Granger will be way past his prime and his prime was nothing special.

I was giving examples. Plus, it is nearly impossible to project into the future what a player will be or their value. Just based on the facts as they are today, we know the Lakers will have a ton of cap space in 2014. We know that they arranged that on purpose (as stated by both Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak). This means they have to have some sort of plan in place for 2014.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I think Lebron could decide to leave Miami. And maybe Kyrie is unlikely because of the Cavs matching whatever offer he gets. But crazy **** happens. I didn't think the Lakers, with no assets or cap space, could get Nash and Dwight, but that happened.

It helps that the Suns wanted to do whatever they could for Nash who was loved there and a classy guy and wanted to go to the Lakers. The Lakers only got Dwight cuz Brook Lopez was garbage last year and the Mavs had no assets.

Dwight never wanted the Lakers and for all we know he still doesn't and has decided to be a professional.

Please be reasonable.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
that's why howard and paul have a better chance with the mavs

Forget about Howard here do u really think CP3 will leave the clippers just to go play with an old broken down dirk and just Howard?

The man has griffin,Jordan,billups,butler,odom,Crawford, Bledsoe etc. that team is young and deep as **** he's stay there as well

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 11:18 PM
i know that hes not going to the nets....i just letting purplejesus know...cuz lopez is their centre

I dont think hes going to the Nets, you were the dude who said that the Nets are willing to go over the cap to get him...you thought they could sign him outright because the owner is willing to pay the luxury tax.

the nets are willing to go over the cap and pay the luxury tax...since the owner of the nets is a billionaire...im not sure about the hawks...they are a small market team...

Which, the Nets cannot do, because there are rules that you are missing. They have to pay a luxury tax after they go over the cap, but they can only do that to retain their own players, or to sign players with the MLE, or minimums.

The Lakers own Dwights bird rights, and it makes it the easiest place for him to be financially...that is why, if I had to guess on where he will end up, it is the Lakers.

All I want to know right now, is if you understand yet, that a team over the cap cannot sign Dwight outright, other than the Lakers...because about an hour ago, you were so sure that any team willing to pay the luxury tax, and was over the cap, could sign Dwight...now, you just keep retracting.

KobeOwnSU
:laugh2: Wow.. so those are your amazing stars of 2014 that will swoon Dwight and convince him not to go play with CP3, and Dirk or CP3, Horford, and JSmooth?

Irving is restricted and CLE will NOT let him go. Thompson? lol Greg Pop loves Leonard and the Spurs do too. He will not be going anywhere. Lebron is a dream and a long shot as well because he has everything he needs in MIA.

Seriously why in the world would Lebron leave MIA?

I could see Leonard wanting to come to LA. He was born and raised in LA and played his high school ball in socal as well. Whether the Spurs allow that or not, who knows. As we have seen the players run this ****, not the owners or GM's...Lebron likes attention, LA is the city of attention whores.

LoveMeOrHateMe
Dwight said to WOJ during free agency he would ONLY RESIGN with one team that was the Nets, Dont you think he would have resigned with the Lakers if he wanted to stay? He has never seemed like he wanted to be a Laker.

:facepalm:

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 11:20 PM

Granger? Really?

Lakers can just sign Kobe and Pau for an extra year then wait till 2015 to sign love and Irving

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 11:21 PM
It helps that the Suns wanted to do whatever they could for Nash who was loved there and a classy guy and wanted to go to the Lakers. The Lakers only got Dwight cuz Brook Lopez was garbage last year and the Mavs had no assets.

Dwight never wanted the Lakers and for all we know he still doesn't and has decided to be a professional.

Please be reasonable.

Right. These are all situational facts that popped up at the right time. We don't know what these situations will be like in 2014. Maybe Kyrie falls out of favor in Cleveland. Maybe Lebron decides he wants a new challenge. We don't know. But what we do know is the Lakers will have a **** ton of cash, the lure of Los Angeles and the best GM in the game.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Forget about Howard here do u really think CP3 will leave the clippers just to go play with an old broken down dirk and just Howard?

The man has griffin,Jordan,billups,butler,odom,Crawford, Bledsoe etc. that team is young and deep as **** he's stay there as well

howard and paul together are deadly...and i could see it happening...did you ever thought that wade and james were ever going to be teammates before "the decision"...im sure u didn't

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Dwight is giving hints to the Lakers, he talks about the Nets ever week saying that is where he wanted to go. If he was happy in LA he wouldnt keep talking about the Nets. He doesnt want to be a Laker he said how much legacy means to him and wants his own not play with a ball hog and in the legacy of centers like Shaq.

ThunderousDemon
11-01-2012, 11:26 PM
The Lakers always find a way to get great players.

KobeOwnSU
Like I said earlier, I would personally rather see Dwight leave. I do not like him. I never have and never will, even if the Lakers win a championship. I am only giving reasons as to why Dwight may choose to re-sign with the Lakers.

Chill_Will_24
Your just digging dude remember when they asked him who was the one player he would love to play with during the all-star break and he said Kobe! Yeah you're welcome he's staying in LA baby!

Cmon dude. You are reaching. If he wanted to play with Kobe so bad why did he sign that ETO under the threat of getting sent to the Lakers? Why did he push for Brooklyn so hard? Why did he only accept the Lakers once it became clear that Brooklyn was impossible?

You always go by the most recent info and the most recent info was that he wanted Brooklyn, Dallas, and Lakers in that order.

Then out of his own mouth he said CP3 first with no mention of Kobe when asked who he wanted to play with.

Dwight too insecure and immature for anyone (including Laker fans) to just take it for granted that he will stay

ThunderousDemon
11-01-2012, 11:28 PM
:ohno:

Dwight is going to the Nets.

LTBaByyy
11-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Paul/Dirk/Dwight coached by Carlisle = Unbeatable

That trio compliment each other perfect not to mention add scrappy players like Marion, Collison, Mayo, Crowder, Brand, Wright, Roddy

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Cmon dude. You are reaching. If he wanted to play with Kobe so bad why did he sign that ETO under the threat of getting sent to the Lakers? Why did he push for Brooklyn so hard? Why did he only accept the Lakers once it became clear that Brooklyn was impossible?

You always go by the most recent info and the most recent info was that he wanted Brooklyn, Dallas, and Lakers in that order.

Then out of his own mouth he said CP3 first with no mention of Kobe when asked who he wanted to play with.

Dwight too insecure and immature for anyone (including Laker fans) to just take it for granted that he will stay

LeBron wants to go back to Cleveland because he said he wanted to win a championship there.

ThunderousDemon
11-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Paul/Dirk/Dwight coached by Carlisle = Unbeatable

That trio compliment each other perfect not to mention add scrappy players like Marion, Collison, Mayo, Crowder, Brand, Wright, Roddy

Deron Williams to the Mavs, oh right.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Wtf? You're acting like the lakers suck the lakers probably have the best starting 5 in the NBA they just need to get the chemistry going and play defense stop acting like the lakers aren't contenders and when Kobe and everyone else is gone they will be contenders right away with the other stars the lakers will sign to pair up with him

:laugh2: What stars? Granger and Melo?

Or are you still dreaming that Lebron is leaving MIA?

The Lakers are contender as long as their guys stay healthy. They look good but they have not looked great in their 2 games and Nash is already hurt. With their age and their lack of depth you are basically hoping those guys can play 40+ minutes every game and not get hurt.

Not saying you guys will fail cuz it's too soon to tell but honestly your only prayer is that LA beats MIA this year because playing with Paul seems too good of an opportunity to pass up considering it's what he wanted all along and in Dallas where he wanted to play over LA as well.

ThunderousDemon
11-01-2012, 11:34 PM
LeBron wants to go back to Cleveland because he said he wanted to win a championship there.

Brook Lopez is coming to the Lakers once his contract is up.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:36 PM

Ill take Howard over all that.

That team needs him more than he needs them. CP3+Howard is quite possible the scariest combination short of Lebron+Dwight

and no Dwight is not leaving MIA. Can;t believe ppl think that.

mike_noodles
11-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Isn't this some type of tampering?

Chill_Will_24
I could see Leonard wanting to come to LA. He was born and raised in LA and played his high school ball in socal as well. Whether the Spurs allow that or not, who knows. As we have seen the players run this ****, not the owners or GM's...Lebron likes attention, LA is the city of attention whores.

Just like Lebron wanted to stay in CLE and Wade went to CHI right? Just like Deron went to Dallas?

Stop reaching.

DoMeFavors
If anything why would the best player in the NBA leave the team he won a championship with to join Dwight on the Lakers? LeBron isnt going to play for so many teams in his career. If anything Dwight could join him.

ThunderousDemon
:laugh2: What stars? Granger and Melo?

Or are you still dreaming that Lebron is leaving MIA?

The Lakers are contender as long as their guys stay healthy. They look good but they have not looked great in their 2 games and Nash is already hurt. With their age and their lack of depth you are basically hoping those guys can play 40+ minutes every game and not get hurt.

Not saying you guys will fail cuz it's too soon to tell but honestly your only prayer is that LA beats MIA this year because playing with Paul seems too good of an opportunity to pass up considering it's what he wanted all along and in Dallas where he wanted to play over LA as well.

lol

Chill_Will_24
Lakers can just sign Kobe and Pau for an extra year then wait till 2015 to sign love and Irving

lol

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 11:39 PM
howard and paul together are deadly...and i could see it happening...did you ever thought that wade and james were ever going to be teammates before "the decision"...im sure u didn't

That's totally different Lebron didn't have the help cp3 has its kinda like Howard he left because he had no help
And wade has no help either that's why they teamed up...

But both Howard and cp3 are in great situations right now I just don't see them waisting their opportunitys

DoMeFavors
Leonard is a role player, im sure him coming to LA isnt going to make Dwight happy. Dwight had Jameer, Ryan Anderson, Hedo, Jrich in Orlando.

ThunderousDemon
Ill take Howard over all that.

That team needs him more than he needs them. CP3+Howard is quite possible the scariest combination short of Lebron+Dwight

and no Dwight is not leaving MIA. Can;t believe ppl think that.

lol

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Right. These are all situational facts that popped up at the right time. We don't know what these situations will be like in 2014. Maybe Kyrie falls out of favor in Cleveland. Maybe Lebron decides he wants a new challenge. We don't know. But what we do know is the Lakers will have a **** ton of cash, the lure of Los Angeles and the best GM in the game.

or maybe Dwight goes with the sure thing and goes with Paul to the place they planned on going to and the place he wanted to go to over LA in the first place.

Much simpler.

ThunderousDemon
11-01-2012, 11:41 PM
or maybe Dwight goes with the sure thing and goes with Paul to the place they planned on going to and the place he wanted to go to over LA in the first place.

Much simpler.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 11:43 PM

So he never said he wanted to play with Kobe right?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA

And the only person who said he wanted to go to Brooklyn,Dallas, and the lakers in that order was ric bucher who now doesn't even work for espn... Dwight is perfectly happy in LA

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:43 PM
lol

Funny?

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:45 PM

Laughter is a common response to fear. I am not even a Mavs fan nor do i have an agenda against the Lakers. As a basketball fan, nothing would please me more than Dwight playing with Paul.

From a basketball perspective there is no logical reason for Dwight to pass up playing with Paul.

ThunderousDemon
11-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Funny?

What do you think "lol" means?

ThunderousDemon
11-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Laughter is a common response to fear. I am not even a Mavs fan nor do i have an agenda against the Lakers. As a basketball fan, nothing would please me more than Dwight playing with Paul.

From a basketball perspective there is no logical reason for Dwight to pass up playing with Paul.

:laugh2: You're a nets fan that didn't get Howard, you're making yourself feel better by coming up with these imaginary scenarios in which the Lakers don't have Howard anymore. You're dreaming with your eyes open, go to sleep and all your fantasies will come true.

KobeOwnSU
11-01-2012, 11:48 PM

Much simpler.

Yes, but unfortunately, not everything works out the simpler way. Look, I'm not saying anything other then the Lakers will have a **** ton of cap space in 2014 and they will be able to get the top free agents that year. That is what they are going to try and lure Dwight back with.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:51 PM
So he never said he wanted to play with Kobe right?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA

And the only person who said he wanted to go to Brooklyn,Dallas, and the lakers in that order was ric bucher who now doesn't even work for espn... Dwight is perfectly happy in LA

I remember that video dude and i referenced it. That is old. Much older than the video i showed you which was more recent.

No. Many reporters including SAS and Aldridge and Broussard and pretty much every reporter conformed his list and also confirmed that he did not want to go to LA. He even feared going there so much he signed his ETO under the belief that he would be sent to Brooklyn and that was also conformed by reporters.

Dwight also said he loved ORL. Many times actually and claimed much loyalty to them. Actually Dwight has said nothing too different in LA than what he said in Orlando for so long.

Nobody has a clue what he is thinking right now. We only know the facts and that is that he has wanted to play with Paul for a long time and wanted to go to Dallas.

Confusious
11-01-2012, 11:52 PM
:rolleyes:

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2012, 11:54 PM
What do you think "lol" means?

Lots of lube?

Chill_Will_24
11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
:laugh2: You're a nets fan that didn't get Howard, you're making yourself feel better by coming up with these imaginary scenarios in which the Lakers don't have Howard anymore. You're dreaming with your eyes open, go to sleep and all your fantasies will come true.

Please. CP3 >>>>>> than anything the Lakers can get for Howard in 2014 once he Bryant, Nash and Pau fail to beat MIA (or reach the Finals) and Dallas is where he wanted to be after Brooklyn.

It's that simple.

CP3 now? or hope Lakers remain healthy enough to reach the Finals and beat MIA within the next 2 years and if they can't, hope they can sign non existent stars in 2014.

Paul+Dwight is too scary for him to pass up and no matter how you try to flip it on me to make it seem like i am some butt hurt Nets fans, it doesn't change that fact.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Lots of lube?

Wow haha

DoMeFavors
11-02-2012, 12:02 AM

Why are you laughing, Nets fans have nothing to do with it? You should be scared that he is leaving there.

Chill_Will_24
11-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Yes, but unfortunately, not everything works out the simpler way. Look, I'm not saying anything other then the Lakers will have a **** ton of cap space in 2014 and they will be able to get the top free agents that year. That is what they are going to try and lure Dwight back with.

and all i am saying is WHAT FREE AGENTS? Lebron is not leaving MIA unless it's to go back to CLE to deliver on his promise to them and who else is there? Granger, Melo or Iggy? Wooooow...

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Tony Parker wow!!

Chill_Will_24
11-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Tony Parker wow!!

This. That man is so underrated. Love that guy. The Spurs would have put up much more of a fight than the Thunder in the Finals. What a shame.

Thunder looked good too. I do not think losing Harden will be as much of a deal as people think. Kevin Martin looked great.

KobeOwnSU
11-02-2012, 12:18 AM
and all i am saying is WHAT FREE AGENTS? Lebron is not leaving MIA unless it's to go back to CLE to deliver on his promise to them and who else is there? Granger, Melo or Iggy? Wooooow...

We don't know what Lebron will do. Too much uncertainty when it comes to who will be available that off season. However, there is no uncertainty when it comes to the amount of cap space the Lakers will have.

Chill_Will_24
11-02-2012, 12:27 AM
We don't know what Lebron will do. Too much uncertainty when it comes to who will be available that off season. However, there is no uncertainty when it comes to the amount of cap space the Lakers will have.

Certainty? There is nothing more certain for Dwight than going with CP3. That of course is my opinion.

However time will tell. Nothing is easy to predict when it comes to Dwight.

Dade County
11-02-2012, 12:31 AM
I think they should join up, some where, some how.

And if they both go to Dallas, then that tells me that the league has made their decision, only the HEAT or Dallas can win in a title, for the next 5years.

Don't blame the players, blame this rigged league.

BigCityofDreams
11-02-2012, 12:33 AM
I remember that video dude and i referenced it. That is old. Much older than the video i showed you which was more recent.

No. Many reporters including SAS and Aldridge and Broussard and pretty much every reporter conformed his list and also confirmed that he did not want to go to LA. He even feared going there so much he signed his ETO under the belief that he would be sent to Brooklyn and that was also conformed by reporters.

Dwight also said he loved ORL. Many times actually and claimed much loyalty to them. Actually Dwight has said nothing too different in LA than what he said in Orlando for so long.

Nobody has a clue what he is thinking right now. We only know the facts and that is that he has wanted to play with Paul for a long time and wanted to go to Dallas.

He feared being traded to HOU that's why he signed the ETO

Orlando elected not to trade Howard, but only because he agreed to waive the Early Termination Option in his contract. The ETO would have enabled him to become a free agent on July 1st, 2012, but after waiving it, he won't enter free agency until one year later. Had Howard not waived his ETO, ClutchFans reports, he would have indeed become a Houston Rocket.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2012/5/16/3025489/dwight-howard-nba-trade-rumors-houston-rockets-2012-deadline-orlando-magic

BigCityofDreams
11-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Lol do ppl honestly believe CP3 would leave the Clippers for the Mavs?

Dade County
11-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Lol do ppl honestly believe CP# would leave the Clippers for the Mavs?

lol.... Clippers history

Whats wrong with you, why would you say that:facepalm:

Whats wrong with the Mav's...:confused:

In one off season, the Mav's can have a better team then the Clippers, if they got both Howard & Cp3.

BigCityofDreams
11-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Nothing is wrong with the Mavs but I don't see Paul leaving the Clippers after building the team they have now.

Chill_Will_24
11-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Nothing is wrong with the Mavs but I don't see Paul leaving the Clippers after building the team they have now.

Please. CP3+ Howard would run the west

As far as the ETO thing that is not the version that i read. there are conflicting reports.

ThunderousDemon
11-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Why are you laughing, Nets fans have nothing to do with it? You should be scared that he is leaving there.

I find it funny that the very same Nets fans that were talking with the utmost certainty that Howard would be Nets player are now talking about Howard and Chris Paul going to the Mavericks with the same certainty,

You and Chill Will are one of the biggest clowns on PSD.

BigCityofDreams
11-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Please. CP3+ Howard would run the west

As far as the ETO thing that is not the version that i read. there are conflicting reports.

As most reports are.

Pistol_Pete
11-02-2012, 12:46 AM
So Dwight Howard blew a shot at being the face of the franchise in Brooklyn and playing with Deron, and blew a chance at playing with Chris Paul in Dallas, and his consolation is to play with Nash, Kobe, and Gasol in LA? Guy is lucky (even if they are 0-2).

On another note, does this mean he was playing Deron Williams? Or was he playing Chris Paul? Even if he originally wanted Paul to go to Orlando and if that didn't happen then he'd want Brooklyn, it sounds like he still agreed to go to Dallas. So someone was seemingly getting played there.

Chill_Will_24
11-02-2012, 12:54 AM
So Dwight Howard blew a shot at being the face of the franchise in Brooklyn and playing with Deron, and blew a chance at playing with Chris Paul in Dallas, and his consolation is to play with Nash, Kobe, and Gasol in LA? Guy is lucky (even if they are 0-2).

On another note, does this mean he was playing Deron Williams? Or was he playing Chris Paul? Even if he originally wanted Paul to go to Orlando and if that didn't happen then he'd want Brooklyn, it sounds like he still agreed to go to Dallas. So someone was seemingly getting played there.

Everyone gets played when Dwight Howard is involved.

ragee
11-02-2012, 12:56 AM
lol.... Clippers history

Whats wrong with you, why would you say that:facepalm:

Whats wrong with the Mav's...:confused:

In one off season, the Mav's can have a better team then the Clippers, if they got both Howard & Cp3.

I think is has nothing to do with the team but the city. Everyone loves NY and LA...

Chill_Will_24
11-02-2012, 12:57 AM
I find it funny that the very same Nets fans that were talking with the utmost certainty that Howard would be Nets player are now talking about Howard and Chris Paul going to the Mavericks with the same certainty,

You and Chill Will are one of the biggest clowns on PSD.

i am a clown because i think Dwight and CP3 playing together with Dirk and aging and dominating the west together is a better option that hoping the Lakers get it together in the next 2 years then maybe sign Granger, Melo, or Iggy in 2014, got it.

You can just call me It.