PDA

View Full Version : Damian Lillard "Sparkles"?

JasonJohnHorn
11-01-2012, 01:20 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/10/rookie_damian_lillard_sparkles_in_nba_debut_as_bla .html

I actualyl laughed out loud at this headline... "Damian Lillard Sparkles In NBA Debut". Sparkles? Seriously? Who is this kid, Edward Cullen? Are we talking about a WNBA team here? Was he wearing glitter for Halloween or something?

Seriously though... kid a great debut. A couple too many turnovers, and a perhaps a little low for the FG% on the night, but I mean, it's his first night, right? 11 assists? 23 points? Not too shabby...

What do you think? Did Lillard "sparkle"?

PleaseBeNice
11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Ya thats so funny....

DanG
11-01-2012, 01:22 PM
He owned our point guards last night. He looked great.

Chronz
11-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Bill Simmons had the guy as his sleeper for ROY so I will be watching him from here on out.

topdog
11-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Bill Simmons had the guy as his sleeper for ROY so I will be watching him from here on out.

I couldn't care less about BS, but plenty of people around here have him as the ROY based upon skill and opportunity. It will be interesting to see how he plays against PGs that move better than the walking dead though.

MiamiBoy77
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
He reminds me Alot of westbrook

Iggz53
I couldn't care less about BS, but plenty of people around here have him as the ROY based upon skill and opportunity. It will be interesting to see how he plays against PGs that move better than the walking dead though.

Yeah. Not really a sleeper, seems like a pretty popular choice since the start of preseason, along with AD.

MiamiBoy77
I bet on him before the year +500 to win ROY

ZHawk1123
11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
...Not that odd of a headline...

He was great.

asandhu23
11-01-2012, 01:36 PM
To be fair, Lillard's game is pretty flashy...

Rivera
11-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Lillard is a problem! dude can ball! he and AD were my top 2 picks for ROY going into the season. im convinced after yesterday (yes 1 game) he will be the ROY!

not because davis is a scub, not because lillard > davis, but because i think hes gonna put up better numbers than AD at least offensivley

shen
11-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Lillard did something that only has happened twice before in entire history of the league and been done by 2 HoF's. Made his debut with at least 20 points and 10 assists. He had 6 turn overs but only 4 of those where on him. One was a pass to LMA that LMA caught then dropped out of bounds, was not Lillards fault but he got the turnover.

kenzo400
11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/10/rookie_damian_lillard_sparkles_in_nba_debut_as_bla .html

I actualyl laughed out loud at this headline... "Damian Lillard Sparkles In NBA Debut". Sparkles? Seriously? Who is this kid, Edward Cullen? Are we talking about a WNBA team here? Was he wearing glitter for Halloween or something?

Seriously though... kid a great debut. A couple too many turnovers, and a perhaps a little low for the FG% on the night, but I mean, it's his first night, right? 11 assists? 23 points? Not too shabby...

What do you think? Did Lillard "sparkle"?

Too low fg percentage? He was 7/17 on the night. That's about 41% and for one game it makes no difference. If he was 8 of 17 he would have been 47%. Field goal percentages like this only matter over a long span of time. In one game a bad field goal percentage is only if it is clearly on the opposite end ex: 5 of 21.

Either way though he had a great game and it's quite impressive that he was able to do it against the Lakers in his first debut. Shows that the kid isn't too nervous and can contribute right away. Definitely a good sign. This kid could be the steal of the draft and quite possibly the rookie of the year.

douglas
11-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Damian Lillard was fabulous against the Los Angeles Lakers last night.

valade16
11-01-2012, 02:36 PM
He also went like 8/8 from the line.

The thing that made me happy was the things he was good at were things he did well in college but people doubted whether he could do them in the pros. Overall excellent opening performance!

Hardaway Here
11-01-2012, 03:01 PM
He played great I would find another word for Sparkle though

hugepatsfan
11-01-2012, 03:10 PM
He played great I would find another word for Sparkle though

Yeah, I think Badazzles would have been a better choice.

Hawkeye15
11-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Didn't watch him play, I will try to however. Seems to have gained steam this summer to challenge the brow for ROY.

JLynn943
11-01-2012, 03:16 PM

He's hardly a sleeper. All you have to do is watch him once to see the potential. He played awesome in the only preseason game I saw him in, and played great yesterday too.

Chronz
11-01-2012, 03:38 PM
He's hardly a sleeper. All you have to do is watch him once to see the potential. He played awesome in the only preseason game I saw him in, and played great yesterday too.

Not gonna put much stock in pre-season and I dont watch college. Yesterday was literally the first game Ive seen from him.

mrblisterdundee
11-01-2012, 03:40 PM
My sources tell me the original basis premise of your thread is idiotic.

mrblisterdundee
11-01-2012, 03:41 PM
He owned our point guards last night. He looked great.

Anybody can own the Lakers' point guards. They have zero defense at that position.

shen
11-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Alright I despise the word "hate" I think too many people get accused of hating when they are giving true criticism. However Dundee is biggest hater I have ever seen. He takes any chance he gets to bash the Blazers, the roster, the fans, anything to do with the team. It's nice to know Lillard can do something only ever done by 2 HoF's in entire history of the league and dundee can still find a way to ignore it. Keep being classy!

mrblisterdundee
11-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Alright I despise the word "hate" I think too many people get accused of hating when they are giving true criticism. However Dundee is biggest hater I have ever seen. He takes any chance he gets to bash the Blazers, the roster, the fans, anything to do with the team. It's nice to know Lillard can do something only ever done by 2 HoF's in entire history of the league and dundee can still find a way to ignore it. Keep being classy!

Are you kidding me? I was saying that criticizing the work "sparkles" was idiotic. I'm a lifelong Blazers fan, and I said nothing desultory about Lillard's performance, which was epic for a first game - I even realistically picked him over Anthony Davis for Rookie of the Year. But you can't ignore the fact that the Lakers have some of the worst point guards defensively.
Get your head on straight and scrape that sand out of your vagina.

Kao Sorn
11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Lillard is going to be a very good point guard. He shot the ball well in college, during the Pre-season he averaged 46% FG. He will do better then 7-17 on average. He was also 94% on FT during Pre-season and you should see him challenge for top mark by the end of the season. I'm sure Nash will get it but at least top 5. 37-38% 3pt is also in range so his shooting will be good for sure.

topdog
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Anybody can own the Lakers' point guards. They have zero defense at that position.

While I do think Lillard has a good chance to put up the numbers for ROY, I also am curious as to how he will fair against better perimeter defense. OKC should be a real test.

heyman321
11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Jesus how homophobic are you? It's just a description.

JasonJohnHorn
11-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Jesus how homophobic are you? It's just a description.

I'm not homophobic at all. I support gay marriage and would fully support Chris Bosh if he were gay and happened to come out of the closet at any point during his career. I even watch Ellen and cringe when I hear the "F" word (not fawk, the other one).

Just... sparkles? I mean, if he played for the LosAngelas Spark, I'd buy that, but he plays for the Trailblazers... Lillard Blazes Lakers, Lillard Shines In Debut, but sparkles? It just doesn't sound right.

topdog
11-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm not homophobic at all. I support gay marriage and would fully support Chris Bosh if he were gay and happened to come out of the closet at any point during his career. I even watch Ellen and cringe when I hear the "F" word (not fawk, the other one).

Just... sparkles? I mean, if he played for the LosAngelas Spark, I'd buy that, but he plays for the Trailblazers... Lillard Blazes Lakers, Lillard Shines In Debut, but sparkles? It just doesn't sound right.

It's a reference to diamonds as in "diamond in the rough." Why? Because most rookies are looked at as uuncertain unfinished products i.e. "coal" and the "sparkling" would seem to suggest that the finished product is really going to shine i.e. be a "diamond."

The writer is just trying to be creative. Shame on him/her for doing so :no:

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Lillard is a stud with that said Dwight just made a fool out of him by blocking him when he tried to dunk it in his face

Hardaway Here
11-01-2012, 06:04 PM

LOL why do you think Chris Bosh is a closet homo. Just starting dyin over here when i read that

JasonJohnHorn
11-01-2012, 08:40 PM
LOL why do you think Chris Bosh is a closet homo. Just starting dyin over here when i read that

I'm not saying he is, I'm saying if he was, and if he came out, I would support him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rHLvGY61mA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Sq6P90Vi0

I'm just saying, I am a Raptors fan, and he gave a us a few good season, so whatever happens to be the case, gay, straight, bi, I don't care. He's got my support as a fan.

VinceCarter
11-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I actualyl laughed out loud at this headline... "Damian Lillard Sparkles In NBA Debut". Sparkles? Seriously? Who is this kid, Edward Cullen?

What? :eyebrow:

Losoway
11-01-2012, 10:08 PM
he made steve nash fake a injury . he is real

Arch Stanton
11-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Damian Lillard looks good. Could see him giving Davis serious competition for ROY. But it's only one game.