PDA

View Full Version : Including the pre-season, the Lakers are 0-10

dnewguy
11-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Are there bigger issues than chemistry at play? or are the Lakers just unfortunate to not have win a game yet.

What's your assessment of the Lakers and when do you think they will start winning games? or are they just a terrible team?

chi-townlove1
11-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Lol shoulda just posted in mine man. They are gonna eat you alive.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Trade Everyone.

P Harvy
11-01-2012, 01:31 AM
The bigger issue is that they supposed to be good but they garb sauce lmao

dnewguy
11-01-2012, 01:32 AM
There's no shooter for Howard to pass the ball out there. L A needs to figure a way to get Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and James Jones...give up Gasol.

LAKERMANIA
11-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Are there bigger issues than chemistry at play? or are the Lakers just unfortunate to not have win a game yet.

What's your assessment of the Lakers and when do you think they will start winning games? or are they just a terrible team?

Here's my assessment:

Our offense isn't bad, tonight for example we scored 106 points on 50% shooting from the field and 44% shooting from the 3. Our problem on offense is the turnovers. 24 turnovers in one game for one team is way too much.

Our biggest problem is our defense. We gave up 116 points tonight. We aren't switching very well, we aren't playing with heart, passion or hunger.. We aren't closing out well, we aren't playing with intensity.

Also, Mike Brown needs to work on his substitutions.

WhiteSoxGod
11-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Rockets will trade the Lakers for Pau Gasol. We'll give 2013 first rd pick, cap relief, couple of youngsters.

dnewguy
11-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Here's my assessment:

Our offense isn't bad, tonight for example we scored 106 points on 50% shooting from the field and 44% shooting from the 3. Our problem on offense is the turnovers. 24 turnovers in one game for one team is way too much.

Our biggest problem is our defense. We gave up 116 points tonight. We aren't switching very well, we aren't playing with heart, passion or hunger.. We aren't closing out well, we aren't playing with intensity.

Also, Mike Brown needs to work on his substitutions.

unfortunately, Howard/Kobe/MWP are great individual defenders but terrible help defenders. Howard sleeps on his man a lot, they were just making jumpers out there

shep33
11-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Still early, but a lot of it is Mike Brown's fault. The dude doesn't have the team up to speed offensively, or defensively

LAKERMANIA
11-01-2012, 01:37 AM
unfortunately, Howard/Kobe/MWP are great individual defenders but terrible help defenders. Howard sleeps on his man a lot, they were just making jumpers out there

Yeah our help defense sucks too..

Gasol is an awful defender, he is too slow, as much as I liked how he played yesterday, I am willing to trade Gasol for an athletic 4 who can defend very well with his length who will be a good compliment to Howard..

Also we need a better backup PG... I wish we picked up Barbosa when we had the chance..

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Lakers will be fine. I remember people over reacting the first couple games the HEAT played after forming the big 3...simply too much talent on the Lakers to not be a huge factor this season.

shep33
11-01-2012, 01:38 AM

Calling Dwight Howard a bad defensive player is not correct

justinnum1
11-01-2012, 01:39 AM
There's no shooter for Howard to pass the ball out there. L A needs to figure a way to get Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and James Jones...give up Gasol.

yea, they need shooters...

someone like a ray allen, or shane battier, or mike miller, or james jones, or rashard lewis.

:cool:

dnewguy
Lakers will be fine. I remember people over reacting the first couple games the HEAT played after forming the big 3...simply too much talent on the Lakers to not be a huge factor this season.

The Heat didn't struggle against bad teams...only contenders.

Punk
The bad news is, Nash is already using words "frustrated"

He knows this offense sucks. It's probably not what he signed up for either.

Avenged
11-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Offense is coming around. Having shooters would be a plus I guess, but not really seeing the need for it right now since there are other things to worry about. The Lakers are scoring points. The problem is on the other end. No help on D, no closeouts, and they suck at defending the perimeter.

shep33
11-01-2012, 01:41 AM
I think the Laker players will take over the offense eventually.

pd1dish
11-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Yeah our help defense sucks too..

Gasol is an awful defender, he is too slow, as much as I liked how he played yesterday, I am willing to trade Gasol for an athletic 4 who can defend very well with his length who will be a good compliment to Howard..

Also we need a better backup PG... I wish we picked up Barbosa when we had the chance..

Charlee Redz is available lol

shep33
11-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Yeah our offense looked pretty damn good tonight despite having 20 something turnovers we still put up 106.

Think about that... we had 24 turnovers and still scored 106. Time will fix the turnovers. The first game we broke a 27 year old record by going 12-31 from the line lol. Both games we've shot 50%

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-01-2012, 01:44 AM

You didn't even watch the game. :laugh2:

It's turnovers, zero defense, etc.

DreamShaker
11-01-2012, 01:44 AM

:laugh2::laugh2:

Chacarron
11-01-2012, 01:45 AM
#Winless

PurpleJesus
11-01-2012, 01:46 AM
FTs killed the Lakers game 1, turnovers killed them game 2.

Lakers may not be a good FT team, but I doubt they shoot 38% on the season, like they did in game 1.

Turnovers as well, are something that can be worked on.

shep33
Fix the defense and everything will be fine.

Punk
Yeah our offense looked pretty damn good tonight despite having 20 something turnovers we still put up 106.

Think about that... we had 24 turnovers and still scored 106. Time will fix the turnovers. The first game we broke a 27 year old record by going 12-31 from the line lol. Both games we've shot 50%

If you had 24 turnovers, that means you allowed Portland to score 100 which was the key problem among shot selection.

shep33
11-01-2012, 01:47 AM
FTs killed the Lakers game 1, turnovers killed them game 2.

Lakers may not be a good FT team, but I doubt they shoot 38% on the season, like they did in game 1.

Turnovers as well, are something that can be worked on.

That's the thing. These issues can be fixed with practice and time. Defense needs to step up though. It's been brutal to say the least, and we were solid last year which makes no sense considering we have Dwight lol

iFYouSeekAmy
11-01-2012, 01:48 AM
they're clearly tanking for the number one pick in the upcoming lottery so they can draft Shabazz Mohammad who will succeed Kobe Bryant

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-01-2012, 01:49 AM
lol i love the attention that the lakers are getting. the best team in the league is gonna fly under the radar

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-01-2012, 01:50 AM
lol i love the attention that the lakers are getting. the best team in the league is gonna fly under the radar

Not getting the attention or respect you deserve eh...

lol u mad brah?

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 01:50 AM
80-2 here we come!

shep33
11-01-2012, 01:51 AM
If you had 24 turnovers, that means you allowed Portland to score 100 which was the key problem among shot selection.

It wasn't about shot selection. 19 fast break points off turnovers. We passed it to the wrong team too often.

Baller1
11-01-2012, 01:52 AM
This thread makes me happy.

c.c.
11-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Rockets will trade the Lakers for Pau Gasol. We'll give 2013 first rd pick, cap relief, couple of youngsters.

No we going after young players that gonna play with Lin and Harden for at least 5 years! Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, etc. are going to be available soon. Plus he doesn't want to b here so why go after someone who don't wanna be here, we will be like Odom and Dallas last year!

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Not getting the attention or respect you deserve eh...

lol u mad brah?

actually the complete opposite. i like how everyone's ******** on the lakers.

nice try though :)

LAKERMANIA
This thread makes me happy.

What makes me happy is when I watch old Laker championship games.. There are so many to choose from.

seikou8
80-2 here we come!

you will be lucky to win one;)

Baller1
11-01-2012, 01:57 AM
What makes me happy is when I watch old Laker championship games.. There are so many to choose from.

Haha, no need to get defensive. I despise the Lakers and everyone on the site knows it. So when they lose, I'm happy.

raiderposting
11-01-2012, 01:57 AM
man the lakers suck, they might not make the playoffs. the team with the best regular season always wins the Championship. i think the lakers wont even win 20 games.

Cal827
11-01-2012, 01:58 AM
**** this thread, I only came here to see LakerMania's sig :drool:

Well done sir.

LAKERMANIA
11-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Haha, no need to get defensive. I despise the Lakers and everyone on the site knows it. So when they lose, I'm happy.
Not getting defensive, I thought we were both stating things that made us happy?

man the lakers suck, they might not make the playoffs. the team with the best regular season always wins the Championship. i think the lakers wont even win 20 games.
Not sure if serious...

**** this thread, I only came here to see LakerMania's sig :drool:

Well done sir.
Why thank you kind sir.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-01-2012, 02:03 AM
you will be lucky to win one;)

Don't get my hopes down so soon :cry:

Raph12
11-01-2012, 02:09 AM
It's funny how you guys believe the sky is falling, when there are so many positives to take from this game... Dwight was moving well, looked active and shot his FTs extremely well and looked to be shooting differently (higher release; which is a huge plus); the Lakers pounded their opponents on the glass on both ends (45-to-30 total; 15-to-10 offensive and 30-to-20 defensive); they turned the ball over nearly 20 times and stayed in the game at 76-79 (until the Blazers made a 13-0 run to close the third); and they showed signs of good offense and defense.

All in all, considering this is only game two, the sky is not falling.

shep33
11-01-2012, 02:51 AM
Nash and Kobe hurt... Dwight not fully 100%. No clue on offense or defense yet. It'll be fine with time. I can't stand some of the responses I'm hearing from Heat fans. C'mon now... You guys didn't exactly get off to a flying start with a healthy combination of Bosh, James and Wade in their prime. Had you guys been in the western conference, it would've looked even worse.

unleashthebeast
11-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Now the lakers fans know what it feels like to have crazy overreaction threads after you build a super team and they lose a few games :laugh2:

Guys, the lakers will be fine. They have the most talented starting 5 in the entire nba this year, and a solid bench. Sure this is a slow start, but just like the HEAT in 2010, they will fix it all rather quickly and become the cream of the crop in the western conference.

ChitownBears22
11-01-2012, 07:08 AM
lolakers

0-2 bwahahahahahah :dance::dance::dance:

Andrew32
11-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Lets not skirt around the real issue for the Lakers and the Heat.

The Mavericks with Eddy Curry are all but unbeatable.

thenaj17
11-01-2012, 07:24 AM
We badly need some speed somewhere in the lineup. We are just so slow so are getting no easy points (except FT's).

Mitch, get on the phone to Portland and swap Pau & Metta for Aldridge and Batum. If anyone can...Mitch can!

Anyone else really impressed with Lillard? Ignoring his good points tally, he was poised, calm and controlled. Another excellent young PG coming into the league.

thenaj17
Lets not skirt around the real issue for the Lakers and the Heat.

The Mavericks with Eddy Curry are all but unbeatable.

lol!

JNoel
How the **** did the Lakers lose yesterday? Howard was a mofo beast with 33/14 and Kobe with 30. This has to point to the coach, because of the huge turnover rate and stagnant offense, but also Steve Nash has to do a much better job of being facilitator because 2 points and 4 rebounds aren't going to cut it.

HowFit
11-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Trade Everyone.

How old are you, for real?

HowFit
11-01-2012, 07:28 AM
How the **** did the Lakers lose yesterday? Howard was a mofo beast with 33/14 and Kobe with 30. This has to point to the coach, because of the huge turnover rate and stagnant offense, but also Steve Nash has to do a much better job of being facilitator because 2 points and 4 rebounds aren't going to cut it.

I agree, not to mention the coaching as well...

JayW_1023
11-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Kobe needs to get in sync, if that happens, watch out.

Two games on a foot injury, he looked out of rhythm

FOBolous
11-01-2012, 07:47 AM
the Lakers are going to be fine. they have too much talent not to be. just give them time.

JayW_1023
11-01-2012, 08:10 AM
I still think the princeton offense is just bull with these pieces. Just let Nash run the pick and roll with Pau, make Kobe a catch and shoot and give Dwight license to cut the paint.

This is just stagnant. They are thinking too much instead of making it a free flowing offense.

Play off pick 'n roll situations...they could do it with way more options.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Lol the bandwagon gets lighter after every loss.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Anyways lakers will be fine.

theheatles
11-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Nash and Kobe hurt... Dwight not fully 100%. No clue on offense or defense yet. It'll be fine with time. I can't stand some of the responses I'm hearing from Heat fans. C'mon now... You guys didn't exactly get off to a flying start with a healthy combination of Bosh, James and Wade in their prime. Had you guys been in the western conference, it would've looked even worse.

Dwight isn't 100% but after last night I'm thinking his poor performance vs Dallas was more his nerves. Nash is 38 going on 39 this season with a bad back that is clearly debilitating him. Kobe tweaked his foot but minor sores aren't slowing Kobe down.

The Heat were losing to playoff teams. The Heat didn't lose their 2nd game until the 6th game of the year and of the 1st 8 losses for the 2010 Heat, 7 were playoff teams with 2 losses coming against Boston.

You are right about the West being better top to bottom and it will look a lot worse for the Lakers this year than for the 2010 Heat. I think Lakers would be fortunate if they are a top 4 seed.

SteBO
11-01-2012, 08:45 AM
We lost to the eastern conference champions twice, along with legitamite playoff teams. Dallas and Portland don't scream legit playoff teams at least to me (might come around on Portland). Also, we started 4-1. In saying that, you guys are going through the exact same thing. Just wait until Nash gets going, and you'll see a big difference offensively. The defensive issues are fixable......

dnewguy
11-01-2012, 08:49 AM
I won't compare the Lakers with the Heat in 2010...the Heat beat average/bad teams even w/o chemistry...the Lakers cannot even beat a depleted Mavs team.

Hardaway Here
11-01-2012, 08:57 AM

It's called Defense Lakers have none its obvious scoring isn't the huge issue with this team. It's their turnovers and their D which is horrible. Laker fans don't compare this Laker squad to 2010 Heat squad. Heat struggled against playoff teams and still started off better then the Lakers. You guys are struggling against mavs team that didn't have dirk and won't make playoffs without him and of course Portland who we all know is flip team on whether they get in the playoffs

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Smh c'mon guys don't even criticize the lakers... Well nvm if they made threads about the heat early on while we were struggling than go on, karma is a b.

koreancabbage
11-01-2012, 09:10 AM
the coach is to blame.

Hardaway Here
11-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Smh c'mon guys don't even criticize the lakers... Well nvm if they made threads about the heat early on while we were struggling than go on, karma is a b.

I'm not really criticizing just waiting for some humility from some Laker fans I said before season started they weren't going to run through everyone. Lakers have no problem scoring but they can't stop anyone from scoring on them lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm not really criticizing just waiting for some humility from some Laker fans I said before season started they weren't going to run through everyone. Lakers have no problem scoring but they can't stop anyone from scoring on them lol

cmon humility and laker fans dont belong in the same sentence. they will always think of excuses.

Hardaway Here
11-01-2012, 09:25 AM
cmon humility and laker fans dont belong in the same sentence. they will always think of excuses.

Your right but I always like to give benefit of the doubt

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Your right but I always like to give benefit of the doubt

haha true true, any word on nash's injury btw?

Captain Moroni
11-01-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm sure Laker fans were counting these two losses in their march to beat the bulls alltime single season wins record. Now just go 73-7 and you got it.

xxplayerxx23
11-01-2012, 09:43 AM
:facepalm: 2games heat fans calm down.

JordansBulls
11-01-2012, 09:46 AM

:)

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 09:50 AM

:catfight:

49erGiantLaker
11-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Fire Mike Brown.

Jarvo
11-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Like I said when they got Dwight and alot of people thought you can just gift wrap the championship and send it to LA, They won't win with Mike Brown as coach. They'll get it together because they're too good but won't win with Brown as coach.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Like I said when they got Dwight and alot of people thought you can just gift wrap the championship and send it to LA, They won't win with Mike Brown as coach. They'll get it together because they're too good but won't win with Brown as coach.

and also a huge problem is time is not on the lakers side. Miami core are young, so they could afford to gel after a season..

kobe supposedly will retire in 2 years.. and nash is 39 so im assuming at best, he will retire in 2 years as well..

if it takes them one year to gel... youre telling me all this was worth one year of championship contention?
hmmm

im not pulling against the lakers, hence, why im not even criticizing the team's slow start.

should be an interesting season, and win or lose pau gasol better play well, hes on my damn fantasy! :mad:

thenaj17
11-01-2012, 10:23 AM

Please don't generalise...the ones saying we'd go 70+ wins are the bandwagoners. Any reasonable and educated fan knew we'd have some kinks in the road along the way.

The team has shown promise on offense the first 2 games, just need to cut down turnovers and the fast break points that go with them.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Please don't generalise...the ones saying we'd go 70+ wins are the bandwagoners. Any reasonable and educated fan knew we'd have some kinks in the road along the way.

The team has shown promise on offense the first 2 games, just need to cut down turnovers and the fast break points that go with them.

oh cmon i was just joking. ive met laker fans who arent homer fans, but passionate fans..

i dont assume all the laker fans act the same based on what i see from some online fans..
i also know heat fans make the general heat fanbase look pathetic as well..

i was honestly just joking lol

Rockice_8
11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
I didn't see either game but with a poor bench and bad D you are going to struggle at times. Kobe is hobbled and probably not the same defender he was in his prime, same with MWP except he's not hobbled. Pau is not great at defending quicker 4's and is best suited to cover C's probably. We all know Nash is a sieve on D so really people hopefully see that even with Dwight he can't cover all the defensive woes himself.

Plus that bench is pretty bad. Need to keep those starters healthy cause they lack serious depth. Might be one of the worst benches in all the league. Hill is a decent hustle guy and Jamison is still serviceable but the rest are well below average.

As great as things look on paper they don't always work the way you planned.

Edit: It is only two games and scheme can cover up some weaknesses just not sure they have the right coach for the job. They'll be fine in the end maybe not the #1 seed we all though but should have home court in the end.

TornadoOfSouls
11-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I didn't see either game but with a poor bench and bad D you are going to struggle at times. Kobe is hobbled and probably not the same defender he was in his prime, same with MWP except he's not hobbled. Pau is not great at defending quicker 4's and is best suited to cover C's probably. We all know Nash is a sieve on D so really people hopefully see that even with Dwight he can't cover all the defensive woes himself.

Plus that bench is pretty bad. Need to keep those starters healthy cause they lack serious depth. Might be one of the worst benches in all the league. Hill is a decent hustle guy and Jamison is still serviceable but the rest are well below average.

As great as things look on paper they don't always work the way you planned.

Even in his prime Kobe was never anything more than an above average defender. Don't let the multiple defensive first team selections fool you. Kobe's never looked good in any of the metrics for defense. All the legit defenders in the league at least showed impressive numbers in their prime(Duncan/Garnett/Wallace/Artest/Bowen/Battier/etc). Kobe never has.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Blake
nash
meeks
kobe

thats probably one of the worst back court defenses in the league.

Im sure there are worse, but by inserting Dwight Howard, it will not fix it.

DanG
11-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Blake
nash
meeks
kobe

thats probably one of the worst back court defenses in the league.

Im sure there are worse, but by inserting Dwight Howard, it will not fix it.

Blake is actually a decent defender and Kobe/Meeks aren't the worst either.

dh144498
11-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Even in his prime Kobe was never anything more than an above average defender. Don't let the multiple defensive first team selections fool you. Kobe's never looked good in any of the metrics for defense. All the legit defenders in the league at least showed impressive numbers in their prime(Duncan/Garnett/Wallace/Artest/Bowen/Battier/etc). Kobe never has.

I didn't know you can use numbers to judge defense.

thenaj17
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
oh cmon i was just joking. ive met laker fans who arent homer fans, but passionate fans..

i dont assume all the laker fans act the same based on what i see from some online fans..
i also know heat fans make the general heat fanbase look pathetic as well..

i was honestly just joking lol

That's cool man, same can be said for any winning franchises/diehard fans of losing teams. With the good come the bad...

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Blake is actually a decent defender and Kobe/Meeks aren't the worst either.

no doubt. no doubt.

in all honesty, i wouldnt worry too much about your team, guys will def mesh, but unfortunately time is not on the lakers side..

i guess we will find out if mike brown fixed anything come friday against the Clippers.

will def watch it after the heat-knicks.

thenaj17
11-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Metrics don't explain everything. Kobe was a great man defender, he just hedges off his man far too often leaving them open for uncontested jumpers and cuts.

It annoys me how often he does this!

Pluvious
11-01-2012, 02:53 PM
One thing lost here is Portland is a very good team. They will make the playoffs barring injuries. Their starting lineup is one of the better ones in the league.

Lilliard is already going to be above average for a point guard (and that's saying a lot...as its the strongest position in the league), Aldridge is an all-star, Matthews and Batum are very underrated as well. Very athletic and all great shooters.

Hardaway Here
11-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Metrics don't explain everything. Kobe was a great man defender, he just hedges off his man far too often leaving them open for uncontested jumpers and cuts.

It annoys me how often he does this!

I wouldn't even say often just say all the time because he does it all the time. I don't watch the Lakers play as much as I used to but he is good for that in every game he plays

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Dwight has nothing in common with the players he is teamates with they are all old, thats why he wanted to play with a superstar his own age like EVERYONE else. This is the start of the end. Dwight never wanted to be in LA and its showing.

dnewguy
11-01-2012, 03:30 PM
#thelasttimelakerswon...George Bush was president
#thelasttimelakerswon...Derrick Rose was healthy

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-01-2012, 03:31 PM
#thelasttimelakerswon...George Bush was president
#thelasttimelakerswon...Derrick Rose was healthy

I don't get it. :confused:

dnewguy
11-01-2012, 03:34 PM

your account wasn't created yet #thelasttimethelakerswonagame

dnewguy
11-01-2012, 03:36 PM

It's a joke bro...you taking things too seriously.

tbone2171
11-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Trade Everyone.

Might be the most intelligent thing you've ever posted on here.

tbone2171
11-01-2012, 03:40 PM
p.s. didn't notice how weak the Lakers bench is

P Harvy
11-01-2012, 03:43 PM
All Dwight wants for his birthdayyyy is a big bootie hoe

LaLa_Land
11-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Here is what I am impressed with:

-Dwight is playing great on offense. He is moving, he is active, and last night his freethrows looked crispy.

-Kobe seems to have perfected spot-up jumpers. When he is open and the ball is dished out, he is automatic. The more we limit his hero ball, the better his percentages will be (and he'll still average 25+ ppg). I can see Kobe shooting 50% from the field and 39% from three, WITH nash playing.

- I like Gasol's playmaking ability, he is aggressive and a good fit.

- In the 12 seconds of playing time that Meeks gets per game, he is gunning. He is a really good three-point threat, but his rebounding and defense are weak (and thats why Brown isn't playing the kid)

....thats it for me being impressed...now on to what is irking me:

- Dwight is a shell of what he was last year on defense. Around the middle of the second quarter, I started counting the times that Dwight could have tried to block a shot, but simply didnt. By the end of the game I counted 17 instances were dwight literally just stood by as Aldridge drove on Gasol, or Hickson came in for put backs. As of the first two games, dwight is playing worse help D than Bynum did, and I really don't think that this is debatable at all.

- I know he was injured, but please God, just give steve nash the ball. Let him find the hot hand, rather than the Princeton finding the hot hand. He needs to have a high usage rate. Our base offense should be p'n'r with dwight/gasol, with metta giving kobe an off-ball screen. It allows nash to attack, dwight to roll/gasol to pop, and kobe to get spot up looks.

- Everyone's defense is pretty awful, but I have to go back to Dwight's lack of help d. If this doesn't change, the clips will beat them by 20.

-To me this is the biggest peice (on both ends). These players are quantifying and thinking too much. It is almost as if on offense, guys are just passing it around the perimiter for the first 12 seconds of the possesion because no one wants to come off as being to greedy/ball dominant. When Nash pulled up for a long two in the 2nd quarter with 20 seconds on the shot clock, I almost giggled out loud - because that's the type of stuff that should work on this team. I know that having structure is great and all, but this offense is really hindering the abilities of Nash while glorifying Gasol's. Nash should be dribbling around and finding creases in the D, and if it doesn't work within the first 8-10 seconds, then dump it down low or Iso kobe.

-START RUNNING FAST BREAKS FOR GOD'S SAKE. Showtime lakers? More like Slowtime lakers.

* this is a very outlandish, unrealistic thought...but why not start Blake? He plays great on-ball D, and opposing PGs are usually what kill us. He is shooting it well, and he is ACTUALLY getting in the lane. He doesn't turn it over, and has above average decision making. Having Nash on the floor with the bench would improve everyones play by 25%. NASH, MEEKS, EBANKS, JAMISON, HILL would be a fast-paced, good shooting team - and it would allow for Nash to have the ball in his hands all the time, just like it was in Phoenix. This could be our "fast-break" line-up.

I know its early, but 24 TO's points to an ineffective offense. 116 points allowed to the Blazers points to a terrible defense. Thats the bottom line.

TornadoOfSouls
11-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I didn't know you can use numbers to judge defense.

http://asubstituteforwar.com/2011/05/09/kobe-bryant-the-most-overrated-defender-imaginable/

shep33
11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Defense needs work.

Positives: Dwight is averaging like 26 and 12 on 60% shooting... most surprising is Kobe averaging 26 on 62% shooting and 44% from 3. Usually his shooting numbers aren't anywhere close to that, and sadly I haven't seen him shoot this well over a two game span in years.

Turnovers will get fixed eventually. 24 yesterday. Both games we've shot 50%, so that's fine. Nash has played horribly so far too, so once he gets going everything will be okay.

Mike Brown still sucks

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
the only way the lakers have a chance is to fire mike brown and bring back phil jackson and tex winter...their O game sucks....not only that....their bench is really weak.....

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 04:34 PM

just pray for the knicks

jerellh528
11-01-2012, 04:51 PM
you guys slay me hahahah
2 games lol, haters just love to hate.