PDA

View Full Version : Taj gets 4 years, $32 million, with incentives that could push it to $38 million

el hidalgo
10-31-2012, 11:15 PM
discuss

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Pretty good deal for both sides. Now they just need to get rid of Boozer and let him start.

Sixerlover
10-31-2012, 11:18 PM
Once they amnesty Boozer this deal will look much better

Gators123
10-31-2012, 11:21 PM
@KCJHoop:
Taj Gibson extension is 38 million over 4 years

chicagocubsfan
10-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Good deal.

Bulls_fan90
38mill is too much.

beasted86
Teams continue to overpay for role players who are barely starters if they even are starters. George Hill got the same $8M a year and I think he's overpaid.

If a guy is making $8M a season he better be a legit starter. If the $38M marker is true at $9M+ a season, I have to think they are going to amnesty or trade Boozer.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 11:27 PM
The Bulls cut their costs to give Taj an extension, should keep the core of Noah,Rose,Taj,Deng together for a while.

Should amnesty Carlos Boozer

spreadeagle
10-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Gibson "look Demar got 10 mil, Curry's ankles are made of glass and he got 11....I want at least 8"

nycericanguy
10-31-2012, 11:29 PM
jesus, 4/38m for a 27 year old who averaged 7 & 5 last year?

so basically any player now will get $8m+ per?...lol

People said NY overpaid Novak, but $3.75m for his production is looking like a steal now!

Same goes for JR at $2.8m, and Felton at $3.5m.

Heck even Camby at $3.5m is solid compared to some of these insane deals being given out.

northsider
10-31-2012, 11:30 PM
Teams continue to overpay for role players who are barely starters if they even are starters. George Hill got the same $8M a year and I think he's overpaid.

If a guy is making $8M a season he better be a legit starter. If the $38M marker is true at $9M+ a season, I have to think they are going to amnesty or trade Boozer.

He's actually a pretty good player and still a developing one. Under the tutelage of Thibs there is no reason to think he won't continue to develop into a good player.

To each their own but, I am happy we locked him up.

I do admit though it's an overpay however I am not so sure he doesn't get that money in FA regardless if not more.

chicagocubsfan
10-31-2012, 11:31 PM

if you actually look at the effect he has on the game, $8m is fair. he is a starter in the 4th quarter on most nights. hey its a lot better than giving amare the max amirite? :D

Bulls_fan90
10-31-2012, 11:32 PM

People said NY overpaid Novak, but $3.75m for his production is looking like a steal now!

Heck even Camby at $3.5m is solid compared to some of these insane deals being given out.

Too bad you still have Melo and Amare under contract lol.

Mr. Baller
10-31-2012, 11:32 PM
Taj got 38 with a chance to get it up to 40.

Think this means Boozer is gone after this year

nycericanguy
10-31-2012, 11:33 PM
if you actually look at the effect he has on the game, $8m is fair. he is a starter in the 4th quarter on most nights. hey its a lot better than giving amare the max amirite? :D

its not $8m, its closer to $10m.

Comparing him to one of the worst contracts in the NBA doesn't make it better, and without Amare, Melo, Chandler, JR...etc... probably never come, so it is what it is. people werent coming to NY to play with Lee.

Gators123
@KCJHoop
Source said Taj Gibson's 4-yr extension has incentives that could take $38 million to $40 million

topdog
Curry @ $11M? Worth it
Derozan @ $10+? Too steep
Taj @ $8M+? Worth it (Millsap type contract)

Rivera
10-31-2012, 11:36 PM
i think its a good deal for both sides! now if the bulls can get rid of boozer! :puke: boozer is the most pathetic excuse for a basketball player i have seen in some time! mr carlos "ive never shown up to a big game in my whole life" boozer i cant stand that guy hes horrible

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Curry @ $11M? Worth it
Derozan @ $10+? Too steep
Taj @ $8M+? Worth it (Millsap type contract)

Taj doesn't give anywhere near the production Millsap does though.

EDIT: I guess given the minutes he could, but they need to get rid of Boozer to make that possible

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 11:37 PM

Camby is like 38 so it isnt solid. And Novak is a career bum.

netsgiantsyanks
10-31-2012, 11:37 PM
bye bye boozer. glad he ditched the nets, i hear he's done a wonderful job in chicago. :rolleyes:

GunFactor187
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Adam Silver will have his work cut out for him come 5-6 years from now when the CBA expires again...

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Camby is like 38 so it isnt solid. And Novak is a career bum.

Why are you so salty? Novak is an elite 3-pt shooter and Camby is still an elite rebounder even at his age, which doesn't make those contracts bad. Those are facts.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 11:41 PM
4 years, $28 million is what I was expecting, but whatever.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Why are you so salty? Novak is an elite 3-pt shooter and Camby is still an elite rebounder even at his age, which doesn't make those contracts bad. Those are facts.

I am not salty but the amount of years Camby got for when he will be 40, and he wont be an elite rebounder, and he isnt right now. Novak on the other hand has been passed from team to team. Both are overpaid.

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 11:44 PM
I am not salty but the amount of years Camby got for when he will be 40, and he wont be an elite rebounder, and he isnt right now. Novak on the other hand has been passed from team to team. Both are overpaid.

But Joe Johnson is worth every penny in your opinion :facepalm: Novak shot 48% from 3 last year, thats elite. Camby led the league in rebounds/36 minutes last year, thats elite. just stop.

RaginRondo17
10-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Once they amnesty Boozer this deal will look much better

If they do that, I hope Boozer comes to Boston for the vet min to stick it to the Bulls. He'll be paid, so I'm sure he'll have no problem taking little money, to be the first big off the bench.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 11:49 PM
But Joe Johnson is worth every penny in your opinion :facepalm: Novak shot 48% from 3 last year, thats elite. Camby led the league in rebounds/36 minutes last year, thats elite. just stop.

Joe in 2010 was among that class that was getting their max contracts, and ATL wanted to keep him so gave him the max amount. Novak at market value would not get that money, Camby probably would but Knicks had to trade young players and picks to get him. Camby led the league in rebounds for part of the season in HOU get your facts straight. And per 36 means nothing you wont have him out there 36 minutes, his old *** can probably play 10-12 at most. Look at him right now INJURED. WASTE OF MONEY!

quade36
10-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Definitely a fair contract based on the market value. Taj Gibson may not put up the sexy numbers, but his impact to the Bulls has been more valuable than Boozer who puts up 15-10 a night.

I find it funny that people actually care how much he is getting paid considering there are so many overpaid NBA players. The average NBA salary is 5.15 million dollars.

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 11:56 PM
Joe in 2010 was among that class that was getting their max contracts, and ATL wanted to keep him so gave him the max amount. Novak at market value would not get that money, Camby probably would but Knicks had to trade young players and picks to get him. Camby led the league in rebounds for part of the season in HOU get your facts straight. And per 36 means nothing you wont have him out there 36 minutes, his old *** can probably play 10-12 at most. Look at him right now INJURED. WASTE OF MONEY!

My facts are straight, I just gave them to you. He averaged 9 boards in about 22 minutes per game last year and played in 59 out of 66 games. One year later he can still be just as productive. The players the Knicks traded were all garbage; Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson and Jerome Jordan. And for the record- he's not injured, he is going to be playing the first game of the season. You are the one who needs to get your facts straight.

mightybosstone
10-31-2012, 11:56 PM
He got a tad overpaid, but when you consider that he's basically guaranteed to be the next starting PF of this team and he's their best defensive big man the contract will probably be worth it in the long run.

looka09
11-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Taj Gibson ‏@TajGibson22

Truly blessed, went from sleeping in the floor in south central and now this!!! Tears of joy!!!! GOD is GOOD
Expand

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 12:03 AM
My facts are straight, I just gave them to you. He averaged 9 boards in about 22 minutes per game last year and played in 59 out of 66 games. One year later he can still be just as productive. The players the Knicks traded were all garbage; Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson and Jerome Jordan. And for the record- he's not injured, he is going to be playing the first game of the season. You are the one who needs to get your facts straight.

He was injured in pre season so that doesnt say a lot about how he will hold up all season. And most Knick fans were in love with Josh Harrelson last year so now he is garbage? Fact is you think Camby is what he was 5 years ago not thinking what an old bum he is now just like Kidd, Wallace and all those other old guys.

mightybosstone
11-01-2012, 12:06 AM
He was injured in pre season so that doesnt say a lot about how he will hold up all season. And most Knick fans were in love with Josh Harrelson last year so now he is garbage? Fact is you think Camby is what he was 5 years ago not thinking what an old bum he is now just like Kidd, Wallace and all those other old guys.

I'm convinced at this point that you don't actually watch other players or look at stats and rather just talk crap about any player who isn't a Net whenever you get the chance to. I watched Camby last year when he was in Houston, and I was extremely impressed with his rebounding and defense for a player of his age. If I didn't know he was that old, I would have thought he was 30 or 31.

KnickaBocka.44
11-01-2012, 12:06 AM

No dude, I think he is what he was last year. And last year he was still a better defender and rebounder than your starting Center Brook Lopez, who you love so much, has ever been. Not to mention he was much healthier.

I was never fond of Harrelson either. And no one is complaining about him being gone.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-01-2012, 12:07 AM
The Bulls cut their costs to give Taj an extension, should keep the core of Noah,Rose,Taj,Deng together for a while.

Should amnesty Carlos Boozer

Agree with the amnesty.

But if I'm Chicago, I pay close attention to the Eric Gordon situation in NOLA.

If he's still intent on not playing for that team...

Deng + expiring contract of Hamilton + 2 1st rd picks for Gordon

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Taj Gibson ‏@TajGibson22

Truly blessed, went from sleeping in the floor in south central and now this!!! Tears of joy!!!! GOD is GOOD
Expand

That's pretty good. A USC Trojan to a multi-millionaire! :clap:

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm convinced at this point that you don't actually watch other players or look at stats and rather just talk crap about any player who isn't a Net whenever you get the chance to. I watched Camby last year when he was in Houston, and I was extremely impressed with his rebounding and defense for a player of his age. If I didn't know he was that old, I would have thought he was 30 or 31.

Even if he was he isnt 28 turning 29 with no change, he is 38 turning 39 or whatever its not like he will keep this up. HE IS OLD!!

JordansBulls
11-01-2012, 12:09 AM

This. Bulls always overpay for role players and never go after the stars. Would rather had traded for Dwight for a one year rental and traded Taj and Noah in the package then pay some role player that much money.:speechless:

DoMeFavors
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Agree with the amnesty.

I would just let that guy sit for the next 4 years and let his reputation go down the drain and breach of contract.

KnickaBocka.44
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Agree with the amnesty.

I like that idea for the Bulls but I presume they would move Butler into the starting lineup at the 3 and that leaves their bench mighty shallow.

KnickaBocka.44
11-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Even if he was he isnt 28 turning 29 with no change, he is 38 turning 39 or whatever its not like he will keep this up. HE IS OLD!!

Why not? Because he's on the Knicks now? He's done it his entire career, including last season. It's not like I'm saying he is going to do something he hasn't done in years.

KH12
11-01-2012, 12:14 AM
It's for $32 million, can go up to $38 million with incentives.

cheaptrikz
11-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Update the title

ACanadian
11-01-2012, 12:28 AM
I thought T.O overpaid for DeRozan, now I feel better after reading this because he's not the only one

Quinnsanity
11-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Does anyone else think that Chicago is just kind of ****ed now? I mean look at the contracts they have on the books. With Rose, Deng, Taj and Noah all locked up they won't have the money to make a run at anyone else even without Boozer. How are they going to improve? They have no real trade assets now that Taj is making real money and Asik is gone (except for Deng, but that's only to a contender who wouldn't really help the Bulls), and you really don't know what you're getting out of Rose when he comes back. Honestly if I were running the Bulls I would have used this Rose injury as an excuse to blow up the roster around him. Get rid of Deng and Noah for young guys and amnesty Boozer, then rebuild around Rose, a high pick this year and cap space. There's no way in hell this group, no matter what they get from Rose, is beating Miami, and they have no way to improve enough to get to that point. I think they've just kind of ****ed themselves with these moves.

jp611
11-01-2012, 12:34 AM
He actually got paid 32 million guaranteed with incentives that could bring it up to 38 million

Get your facts straight people before you start bashing

Rndy
11-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Does anyone else think that Chicago is just kind of ****ed now? I mean look at the contracts they have on the books. With Rose, Deng, Taj and Noah all locked up they won't have the money to make a run at anyone else even without Boozer. How are they going to improve? They have no real trade assets now that Taj is making real money and Asik is gone (except for Deng, but that's only to a contender who wouldn't really help the Bulls), and you really don't know what you're getting out of Rose when he comes back. Honestly if I were running the Bulls I would have used this Rose injury as an excuse to blow up the roster around him. Get rid of Deng and Noah for young guys and amnesty Boozer, then rebuild around Rose, a high pick this year and cap space. There's no way in hell this group, no matter what they get from Rose, is beating Miami, and they have no way to improve enough to get to that point. I think they've just kind of ****ed themselves with these moves.

You lost me at get rid of Noah because all around good centers just grow on trees.

Duncan = Donkey
11-01-2012, 12:41 AM
alot of money for a role player

mightybosstone
11-01-2012, 12:42 AM

I don't agree with this, but I do definitely see your argument. When Rose was healthy, this team wasn't good enough to beat Miami when they were just getting formed. Now Miami has gotten stronger and the Bulls really haven't accomplished anything.

But Chicago is in kind of a tough spot right now. They're probably good enough to be the second best Eastern Conference team when Rose is healthy, but they likely still can't beat Miami. However, if you trade away guys like Deng and Noah to tank and go for draft picks, do you really think Rose is going to want to get behind a rebuilding effort?

In this era of the NBA, you have to make your superstar happy or you won't have one for very long. So, Chicago's best bet is to amnesty Boozer and try to add a mid-level type guy in the offseason who can score. Then Deng's contract comes off the books in 2014, so they can add another max contract guy. That's when they'll have to make their move.

jp611
11-01-2012, 12:46 AM

Channing Frye makes 6 million a year... 8 million a year for Taj is not a bad deal

topdog
11-01-2012, 02:57 AM

He's more than a role player. The guy has been underrated essentially since he came into the league and, ironically enough, is playing behind Boozer just like Millsap was in Utah. He simply needs a larger role.

Per 36 minutes: 13.6PPG 9.3REB (3.8OREB) 0.8STL 2.3BLK

Statistically, he gives you plenty and he plays above average defense at his position.

shep33
11-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Boozer is definitely going to get amnestied

Bulls_fan90
11-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Boozer is definitely going to get amnestied

If that does indeed happen, it won't until the end of his 4th season in Chicago. There is no chance they amnesty him an earlier than that.

85BearsDefense
11-01-2012, 03:57 AM
Im curious, Whats so bad about Boozer? Yeah his defense isn't great but it doesn't have to be.

Please pick him out of these 4 stat lines. The other 3 guys are considered top 10 PF.

17.4 PPG 10.4 RB 50% 8.3 WinShare FGA 14.1

15.0 PPG 8.5 RB 53% 7.6 WinShare FGA 12.8

21.7 PPG 8.0 RB 51% 7.0 WinShare FGA 17.1

18.0 PPG 7.9 RB 48% 6.9 WinShare FGA 14.2

People ***** and moan at Boozer for getting all the money, so what, if you're an NBA are you just going to say no to the money? Don't rip Boozer for doing what the Bulls paid him to do, be a low post scoring threat and take pressure off Rose because he's done that very efficiently if I might add. It's funny how people call him a bad basketball player when in fact he's so underrated on this site.

monty77
11-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Rose, Tibodeau, Noah, Gibson and Mirotic untill 2016/2017 season. I like this long term picture!! :eyebrow:

kbtwofour
11-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Future starting PF for the Bulls within the next two seasons. The Bulls did the correct thing by giving him a good deal now.

Heediot
11-01-2012, 05:52 AM
I would take Taj's deal over Derozan's deal all day everyday.

Procision
11-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Gibson cannot start until he improves his jumpshot tremendously.

Knicks21
11-01-2012, 06:51 AM

Camby, based on last years stats is one of the best rebounding centers in the league.

And I actually liked Harrellson, good player. And Kidd had similar PER to Jrue Holiday, and Wallace is going to be used sparingly.

Chavacano
11-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Gibson's a tad overpaid unless they amnesty Boozer and start him.

koreancabbage
11-01-2012, 09:39 AM
this is the contract Derozan should have gotten.

1-800-STFU
11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
He'll start next year and probably average around 15/9 or 15/10.

It's more for defense why he would be worth the contract. When he starts IMO he'll be 1st or 2nd team all-defense every year.

Swashcuff
11-01-2012, 10:14 AM
I have a man crush on Taj's game so I am a bit biased in saying this but IMO as compared to the deals that other players at his position has received over the past 3 or so years this is hands down one of the best IMO. Really can't wait until he becomes a starter again.

BIG worm
11-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Hes overpaid slightly, but his D is straight up nasty!

thenaj17
11-01-2012, 10:18 AM

Yep, she always does...

Swashcuff
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Defensively I don't think you can name any PF better than Taj other than maybe Ibaka and Taj eats his food in some regards. He can be the best defensive PF in the league for years to come and in a league with Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Josh Smith, Lamarcus Aldridge, Chris Bosh etc going forward he'd be an extremely valuable piece to any team. Very good deal IMO.

Swashcuff
11-01-2012, 10:22 AM

When the guy above me quoted you I knew without even going to the post that you were talking about DoMeFavours.... :pity: I can't wait until she's permabanned.

Chronz
11-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Smart deal, I cant believe Toronto is stupid enough to shell out 40 when true game changers like Taj are making 32-38

Chronz
11-01-2012, 10:28 AM
He's more than a role player. The guy has been underrated essentially since he came into the league and, ironically enough, is playing behind Boozer just like Millsap was in Utah. He simply needs a larger role.

Per 36 minutes: 13.6PPG 9.3REB (3.8OREB) 0.8STL 2.3BLK

Statistically, he gives you plenty and he plays above average defense at his position.

Above average is putting it lightly

Swashcuff
11-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Im curious, Whats so bad about Boozer? Yeah his defense isn't great but it doesn't have to be.

Please pick him out of these 4 stat lines. The other 3 guys are considered top 10 PF.

17.4 PPG 10.4 RB 50% 8.3 WinShare FGA 14.1

15.0 PPG 8.5 RB 53% 7.6 WinShare FGA 12.8

21.7 PPG 8.0 RB 51% 7.0 WinShare FGA 17.1

18.0 PPG 7.9 RB 48% 6.9 WinShare FGA 14.2

People ***** and moan at Boozer for getting all the money, so what, if you're an NBA are you just going to say no to the money? Don't rip Boozer for doing what the Bulls paid him to do, be a low post scoring threat and take pressure off Rose because he's done that very efficiently if I might add. It's funny how people call him a bad basketball player when in fact he's so underrated on this site.

My good sir.... Do you care to explain to us what was the MAJOR reason for Boozer having as many WS as he did?

Let's apply some context and holistic thinking to our arguments why don't we.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 10:33 AM
and just like that boozer's time with the bulls just may be coming to a close.

very very good deal for the bulls future.

love the guys defense and spark he gives the bulls off of the bench.
if he develops a consistent aggressive offensive game, the bulls may have very well gotten a steal.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-01-2012, 10:51 AM
It's pretty easy to tell most here have not watched Taj on a nightly basis to see his impact, but yet they seem well informed enough to say he got too much money. His impact on the game, and over the next 4 years will warrant that contract.

Also, just like Taj, everybody ripping into Boozer simply just do not watch him play at all yet are experts on him. They just see his numbers aren't what they were in Utah, and label him a bum. Yep, 15/7 with a .532 FG% in 29 minutes a game (18/10 per36) playing behind one of the league's top scorers, what a bum.

Swashcuff
11-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Bulls fans. What are Taj's incentives?

monty77
11-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Resign Gibson by 8 million per year is nice move for the Bulls. They'll probably save this money when amnesty Boozer next season so this move would be practically free if they manage to bring Mirotic from Europe in 2013-14.

Noah-Gibson-Mirotic would be great combo players and Bulls could keep them until 2016 by contract so we only need surround Derrick with good guards. I believe Deng will finish this contract with Bulls and will resign a less expensive contract, like Hinrich did this season, because he is a good captain and feel the shirt.

If Bulls sign a long term contract with a good shooter SG and improve this bench it's possible that they can fight for 2013-14 championship and thereafter.

This three players (Noah-Gibson-Mirotic) gaining about 20 millions among all for 4 years is a great advantage for Bulls. If you see the Knicks, they spend all this money on Stoudamire only, Miami do the same with Bosh, 76ers probably with Bynum, Indiana with Hibbert...

JasonJohnHorn
11-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I like the fact that the Bulls put insentives in there. They are paying a lot of money for Boozer to start, so giving his back up 8 million seems to suggest they may be looking to move Boozer, but Taj can play at both PF and C I guess and getting starting minutes that way (though he is a bit undersized for C).

The Bulls are faced with the same problem that they had with Asik. This kid puts up great per-36 minute stats and I think they were hoping to let Asik test the market then match the deal, but the deal turned out to be too rich for them and they lost him for nothing. I think they were worried about the same happening with Taj so they worked out a deal to keep him in a Bulls iniform.

It is a lot to pay for a back-up. But he's a good rebounder and defender, and they are hard to come by. I think the market would have seen him get an even bigger offer, so I'm going to say this was a good deal.

justinnum1
11-01-2012, 11:49 AM

Novak is a one dimensional player who looked terrible in the playoffs last year

KnickaBocka.44
11-01-2012, 11:50 AM
When the guy above me quoted you I knew without even going to the post that you were talking about DoMeFavours.... :pity: I can't wait until she's permabanned.

It will never happen, she brings too much entertainment value. She is a troll that actually believes what she says -- a very rare breed, she is.

HowFit
11-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Taj got 38 with a chance to get it up to 40.

Think this means Boozer is gone after this year

What I was thinking...

Chronz
11-01-2012, 12:21 PM
I like the fact that the Bulls put insentives in there. They are paying a lot of money for Boozer to start, so giving his back up 8 million seems to suggest they may be looking to move Boozer, but Taj can play at both PF and C I guess and getting starting minutes that way (though he is a bit undersized for C).

The Bulls are faced with the same problem that they had with Asik. This kid puts up great per-36 minute stats and I think they were hoping to let Asik test the market then match the deal, but the deal turned out to be too rich for them and they lost him for nothing. I think they were worried about the same happening with Taj so they worked out a deal to keep him in a Bulls iniform.

It is a lot to pay for a back-up. But he's a good rebounder and defender, and they are hard to come by. I think the market would have seen him get an even bigger offer, so I'm going to say this was a good deal.

Yea I think they didn't want to let the market dictate it this time but they somehow nabbed a bargain anyways. Still I wouldnt look at the contract from the perspective that hes a backup, hes likely to see an uptick in minutes even if he remains a backup. What matters is if hes worth the investment from a production standpoint. I think he will.

They will definitely be playing smaller this year tho, Taj and Boozer will see alot more time together with Asik gone. Which is probably the best thing for Boozer, stats say hes less of a liability defensively when hes at the 5.

Chavacano
11-01-2012, 12:23 PM

It will never happen, she brings too much entertainment value. She is a troll that actually believes what she says -- a very rare breed, she is.

^^ DMF's a she? :speechless:

ccugrad1
11-01-2012, 12:26 PM

Same thing I said when the Rocket signed Omer Asik. If a guy with that production gets 8 million a year, I am loving life in the NBA if I am an agent.

Ezio
11-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Taj isn't starting with Mirotic coming over in a year or 2.

kozelkid
11-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Bulls fans. What are Taj's incentives?

No idea. But I think it's far-fetched to think they're something like "allstar appearances." Bulls FO has been VERY good at structuring contracts, that's one thing I do know. Unfortunately, they often seem more concerned with avoiding the lux tax than anything else. Regardless, I'm liking the deal more and more. It will be centered right at his prime.
My only concern is that we will also be having Mirotic come in within 2 years or so. Couple that with the hope that we go hard after future big men FA like Aldridge or Love, and I have to wonder where Taj fits in this.

Currently though, no complaints. Awesome defensive player that can be even more valuable if he ever learns to get a consistent mid range game going.

Swashcuff
11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
No idea. But I think it's far-fetched to think they're something like "allstar appearances." Bulls FO has been VERY good at structuring contracts, that's one thing I do know. Unfortunately, they often seem more concerned with avoiding the lux tax than anything else. Regardless, I'm liking the deal more and more. It will be centered right at his prime.
My only concern is that we will also be having Mirotic come in within 2 years or so. Couple that with the hope that we go hard after future big men FA like Aldridge or Love, and I have to wonder where Taj fits in this.

Currently though, no complaints. Awesome defensive player that can be even more valuable if he ever learns to get a consistent mid range game going.

I would figure it would be something along the lines of statistical base.

WAYNEBO
11-01-2012, 07:17 PM

LOL. Your vag is showing again.... comparing a starter's worth to a couple of backups with specific roles.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Taj isn't starting with Mirotic coming over in a year or 2.

Could be the other way around. Mirotic is a gamble, and could just as easily be a bust as he could be a quality starter. Obviously this contract shows our FO isn't banking on Mirotic coming in and starting right away.

AddiX
11-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Tag is a good player, does multiple things for a team.

But 8 mill is absolutely overpaying for him. He never produces at a mill a year level. Tag won't lose you games, but he will never win them either. And if you really need him to produce, you'll be disappointed.

akagiredsuns
11-01-2012, 08:15 PM

And yet the Knicks are overpaying for a chucker in Melo and an injury-prone Amare.

akagiredsuns
11-01-2012, 08:17 PM
LOL. Why are people complaining over Taj's contract. I could recall Danny Ferry getting paid ridiculous for coming off the bench back in the day. Follow the market people. And FYI, DeRozan got $10M per so please. LOL

Shammyguy3
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM

But 8 mill is absolutely overpaying for him. He never produces at a mill a year level. Tag won't lose you games, but he will never win them either. And if you really need him to produce, you'll be disappointed.

Taj absolutely can win you games with his rebounding and defense. That's production.

tapajafri
11-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Time to dump Boozer

Chronz
11-01-2012, 10:45 PM

What are you basing your opinion off of?

kozelkid
11-03-2012, 07:12 PM

The crazy part is that you actually believe this.

Look guys, this may come as a shock to some of you, but there's a whole other side to basketball besides offense, it's this thing called defense and Taj is as good of a defender at his position as any.

I find it hilarious that the same people hating on this deal were also the ones hating on the Asik deal. And look at that, he's already providing major impact when he isn't playing sparse minutes on a team with a deep frontcourt.

effen5
11-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Taj will never start until he develops a decent offensive game. Taj might be a beast defensively but Booz is light years ahead offensively.