PDA

View Full Version : James Harden extends with Houston: 5 years, $80M- The everything Harden thread

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
10-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
James Harden has agreed to a 5 year, $80 million deal with Houston, source tells Y!

:clap:

MetroMan
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
James Harden and Rockets agree to 5-year, $80 million extension, sources say

P Harvy
Wow I can't wait for Harden to show everyone that he's worth about 30 million dollars less

LMAO and smh

SteBO
10-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Kudos to him.....

Rivera
10-31-2012, 03:17 PM
good job for harden getting his money :clap:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Well, there we go. Good for him.

netsgiantsyanks
10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
lmao.

DanG
10-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Wow

KB-Pau-DH2012
Attention whore Chris BrouTARD

James Harden and Rockets agree to 5-year, $80 million extension, sources say

:rolleyes:

SteBO
Attention whore Chris BrouTARD

:rolleyes:
:laugh2:

Celticsfan2007
10-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Eveyone that thinks james Harden isn't worth a max conract is kidding themselves. This guy is going to blossom for the rockets and people are going to be wishing their team had traded for him.

25/6/6/2 this season as their main option. Dwayne Wade and Kobe better watch out because they are about to be de-throned as the best SG's in the NBA.

Greedy22
10-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Congrats to him. Reading bill Simmons article with that photo of him, Westbrook and durant made me sad even though I'm a laker fan.

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Eveyone that thinks james Harden isn't worth a max conract is kidding themselves. This guy is going to blossom for the rockets and people are going to be wishing their team had traded for him.

25/6/6/2 this season as their main option. Dwayne Wade and Kobe better watch out because they are about to be de-throned as the best SG's in the NBA.

How are we kidding ourselves? Quite frankly NO ONE knows what Harden is capable of yet. He was playing with the second best player in the league in Durant and one of the better PGs in the league in Westbrook.

What Harden can do with Lin and Asik has remained to be seen. I personally think Harden fit perfectly in with OKC. He didn't have to shine and that made him flourish. We will truly see how he plays when the entire load is on him.

By the way, in last years finals I think thats more indicative of what we can expect from Harden. He will be extremely EASY to shut down when all you have to worry about is him.

SA5195
10-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Goddamn

nacdaddy
10-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Anybody doubting just needs to go to YouTube and look at some highlights. I would provide a link but for the haters, I'd rather not.

GiantsSwaGG
10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
He's overpaid

Celticsfan2007
10-31-2012, 03:26 PM
How are we kidding ourselves? Quite frankly NO ONE knows what Harden is capable of yet. He was playing with the second best player in the league in Durant and one of the better PGs in the league in Westbrook.

What Harden can do with Lin and Asik has remained to be seen. I personally think Harden fit perfectly in with OKC. He didn't have to shine and that made him flourish. We will truly see how he plays when the entire load is on him.

By the way, in last years finals I think thats more indicative of what we can expect from Harden. He will be extremely EASY to shut down when all you have to worry about is him.

Oh how quickly people forget what kinds of numbers elite talented players can put up on bad teams as a clear #1 option.

Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Sadds The Gr8
10-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Wow I can't wait for Harden to show everyone that he's worth about 30 million dollars less

LMAO and smh

you're acting like this is the first bad contract in the NBA. this league is filled with garbage contracts...get used to it.

Celticsfan2007
10-31-2012, 03:28 PM
you're acting like this is the first bad contract in the NBA. this league is filled with garbage contracts...get used to it.

except this one isn't garbage. Harden deserved it, and now he's about to show everyone whats he's been hiding playing behind durant and westy.

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh how quickly people forget what kinds of numbers elite talented players can put up on bad teams as a clear #1 option.

Oh how quickly people forget what kinds of struggles elite talented players can have after leaving a role that they clearly flourished in.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-31-2012, 03:29 PM
I'd rather be over paid, then under rated.

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 03:30 PM

I'm not acting like its the first bad contract? Lol it's just funny really.

Celticsfan2007
10-31-2012, 03:30 PM
In a league filled with superteams, look what elite talented players put up for numbers on teams with less talent.

K-Love, LMA, Dwight (on Orlando).

The rockets have no proven players, and Harden whether he likes it or not with be taking close to 20 shots a game and will have no choice but to put up MONSTER numbers.

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 03:31 PM
If he isn't worth that kind of money now, he will be by the time the deal is up.

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 03:32 PM
In a league filled with superteams, look what elite talented players put up for numbers on teams with less talent.

K-Love, LMA, Dwight (on Orlando).

The rockets have no proven players, and Harden whether he likes it or not with be taking close to 20 shots a game and will have no choice but to put up MONSTER numbers.

Look I'm not sitting here and saying that Harden isn't going to put up the numbers because he will. He has no other choice like you said. But he is extremely overrated in my opinion. And I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Htownballa1622
10-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Can't wait for him to prove doubters wrong.

Celticsfan2007
10-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Oh how quickly people forget what kinds of struggles elite talented players can have after leaving a role that they clearly flourished in.

Have you seen Hardens efficiency stats? Clearly not.

He was one of the most efficient players on a per minute basis in the league last year. Will his efficiency go down being a #1 option? Absolutely. Will his MPG and overall numbers increase? Without question.

Y'all just hating because he's not a 20+ppg career scorer due to playing on an extremely deep team. The dudes 22 and still developing into his full potential.

koreancabbage
10-31-2012, 03:34 PM

right cuz we that's a great example of how Harden plays.... Look at Lebron in the Mavs-Heat Finals. and then the next year.

rocket
10-31-2012, 03:34 PM
I love people who bandwagon others by saying blah blah blah hes gonna suck lol.

jp611
10-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Can't wait for him to prove doubters wrong.

This

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 03:36 PM
right cuz we that's a great example of how Harden plays.... Look at Lebron in the Mavs-Heat Finals. and then the next year.

He'll put up better numbers than that obviously lol but when you only have to key on Harden then what happens??

Harden is the GUY on Houston now. There is no Durant and there is no Westbrook. When you played the Thunder you worried about stopping those two first, then you looked at Harden. Teams will come in to stop Harden so someone mentioned 25 ppg?? I just don't know about that.

Sadds The Gr8
10-31-2012, 03:37 PM
except this one isn't garbage. Harden deserved it, and now he's about to show everyone whats he's been hiding playing behind durant and westy.

i agree. it's just annoying that so much people are saying this is a terrible contract when there are tons that are worse.

OKC
10-31-2012, 03:37 PM
well he got all he wanted, good luck to him with the rockets.

Celticsfan2007
10-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Anyone using last years finals perfomance's as an arguement as to why Harden is overpaid is ridiculous. He was 21 years old, playing in his first finals game. It's not the first or the last time you will see a young player become overwhlemed by a big time situation...

This guy was considered by many to be the #3 SG in the NBA behind KB and DW last year in a 6TH MAN ROLE. Give him 6-7+ more shots a game and allow him to facilitate an offense full time? This dudes about to take the NBA by storm.

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Have you seen Hardens efficiency stats? Clearly not.

He was one of the most efficient players on a per minute basis in the league last year. Will his efficiency go down being a #1 option? Absolutely. Will his MPG and overall numbers increase? Without question.

Y'all just hating because he's not a 20+ppg career scorer due to playing on an extremely deep team. The dudes 22 and still developing into his full potential.

I'm not hating. I'm being realistic. I love when people call someone a hater for not being convinced of his new situation.

Like I said before and I'll say it again he now has all the weight on his shoulders. Can he handle that weight? I don't know and you don't know because it has remained to be seen. Will he be able to put up 25 PPG like you said? I don't know and you don't know. But if you're talking about how defenses are going to come in and play Houston now they are going to key on Harden and make others players beat them.

Harden flourished because teams were focused on KD and Westy. That doesn't mean Harden won't be a great player but as of right now all of you are extremely overrating him.

ZHawk1123
10-31-2012, 03:42 PM
The guy is only like 23, is already a great player and will continue to gain experience and flourish... He will be a star for years...

nycericanguy
10-31-2012, 03:42 PM
not sold on him at all as a franchise player.

will he average 20+ppg? it would be a shock if he didn't, but can he make that team respectable?

Meanwhile HOU gave up Scola for nothing and let Dragic go for nothing. They could have had a lineup of

Dragic\Harden\Parsons\Scola\Asik

koreancabbage
10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
He'll put up better numbers than that obviously lol but when you only have to key on Harden then what happens??

Harden is the GUY on Houston now. There is no Durant and there is no Westbrook. When you played the Thunder you worried about stopping those two first, then you looked at Harden. Teams will come in to stop Harden so someone mentioned 25 ppg?? I just don't know about that.

He played very well without Durant or Westbrook on the floor. Its how well he adjusts to the double teams and defensive attention. He did it well last as the go-to guy on the floor.

I expect nothing less from Harden and he will be a 20+ ppg scorer in all likelyhood.

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
He played very well without Durant or Westbrook on the floor. Its how well he adjusts to the double teams and defensive attention. He did it well last as the go-to guy on the floor.

I expect nothing less from Harden and he will be a 20+ ppg scorer in all likelyhood.

Yeah I agree that he'll be a 20+ ppg scorer but some of the posts in here are making it like he'll be the best player in the league haha. Frankly I look forward to see what he can do and if he proves me wrong then cool. I just don't see him leading Houston anywhere.

Celticsfan2007
10-31-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm not hating. I'm being realistic. I love when people call someone a hater for not being convinced of his new situation.

Like I said before and I'll say it again he now has all the weight on his shoulders. Can he handle that weight? I don't know and you don't know because it has remained to be seen. Will he be able to put up 25 PPG like you said? I don't know and you don't know. But if you're talking about how defenses are going to come in and play Houston now they are going to key on Harden and make others players beat them.

Harden flourished because teams were focused on KD and Westy. That doesn't mean Harden won't be a great player but as of right now all of you are extremely overrating him.

Efficiency is the name of the game in the NBA. Your right in the aspect that he will be guarded entirely differently than he's every been guarded before but efficient players don't magically become un-efficient.

Will he struggle to find new ways to score within his new role? Probably.

Will he have to find ways to involve his new teammates within the offense? Absolutely

Will he suddenly turn himself into an un-efficient player because he is a #1 option? I highly doubt it.

Props to the Rockets for putting that much money in for him. I believe he will be considered a bargain come the end of this contract.

BIG worm
10-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Harden is a BALLER! He will earn every penny of that contract...on his way to being the top sg in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Anybody doubting just needs to go to YouTube and look at some highlights. I would provide a link but for the haters, I'd rather not.

youtube? cmon man

I mean, its a ton of money, I wouldn't have gone over 4 years, but whatever. They don't have any young players that are going to be worth the one time 5 year deal anyways, and any other player they get will probably be via free agency, where they can't do the 5 year deal regardless.

Good signing. Not great.

Chronz
10-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Morey truly is the best

MagicBucsSox
10-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Lol so sad. Anyone can get paid nowadays

heyman321
10-31-2012, 04:19 PM
overpaid

Bravo95
10-31-2012, 04:22 PM
#MoneyTeam?

Cracka2HI!
10-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Seems like a good fit. Have no idea why people are saying this is too much money. Espeically the people who face palming and LOLing.

nacdaddy
10-31-2012, 04:23 PM
youtube? cmon man

I mean, its a ton of money, I wouldn't have gone over 4 years, but whatever. They don't have any young players that are going to be worth the one time 5 year deal anyways, and any other player they get will probably be via free agency, where they can't do the 5 year deal regardless.

Good signing. Not great.

great signing. he'll far exceed that contract and yes, youtube. theres video of him breaking down defenders, splitting double teams and scoring at will. theres also single game footage of him, if you dont prefer highlights. apparently youre a stats guy. well, here (http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=James%20Harden)you go.

Muttman73
10-31-2012, 04:36 PM
printing money down in Houston?

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 04:37 PM
great signing. he'll far exceed that contract and yes, youtube. theres video of him breaking down defenders, splitting double teams and scoring at will. theres also single game footage of him, if you dont prefer highlights. apparently youre a stats guy. well, here (http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=James%20Harden)you go.

He'll far exceed an 80 million dollar contract? Lol I look forward to seeing that.

nacdaddy
10-31-2012, 04:39 PM
He'll far exceed an 80 million dollar contract? Lol I look forward to seeing that.

well... time only moves in one direction, so youre in luck

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 04:41 PM
well... time only moves in one direction, so youre in luck

So the time machine that sent me back to the 20s was in fact just in my dream?

nacdaddy
10-31-2012, 04:43 PM
So the time machine that sent me back to the 20s was in fact just in my dream?

haha. i guess youre the one exception. neo???

ChiSox219
10-31-2012, 04:44 PM
youtube? cmon man

Good signing. Not great.

Off topic but why didn't Kahn give Love 5 years?

daboywonder2002
10-31-2012, 04:44 PM
does anyone else see this being like 05 joe johnson? both 3rd options wanting max contracts. everyone thinking both teams would suffer yet they found unproven gems(diaw- lack of pt in atlanta, lamb- unproven rookie??

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 04:48 PM

Cuz he's Kahn. The best GM the league has ever seen.

Chronz
10-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Minny vs Houston

Morey vs Turdface

Westbrook36
10-31-2012, 04:49 PM

It has nothing to do with the amount of talent Harden has and his ability to be crazy efficient...I mean, he was the third pick in the NBA draft, let's not act like he's a complete product of KD/Westbrook with little talent. It's not out of the picture to expect 20/5/5 type numbers from him as the main option, which is perfectly fine for being as young of a player as he is. He's had the offseason to expand his game a bit and he will have many more to continue to improve. Is he worth this contract? As of right now that's certainly up for debate, but in the future he could certainly break into the conversation as the best SG in the NBA.

The goods
10-31-2012, 04:50 PM
I can't wait to watch him and Lin, team overrated until proven otherwise. As an NBA fan I hope he proves me wrong even though I don't like him.

daboywonder2002
10-31-2012, 04:51 PM

because only one player can get that 5 year max deal. and im guessing they were hoping rubio would get it.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-31-2012, 04:51 PM

Lol no no and **** no harden is overrated as **** he hasn't done **** and last time I checked he was the 3rd option it's kinda like Bynum yeah they bring a lot to the table but I see them both struggling! I don't see harden averaging that atleast not yet, you can expect 23-5-4-2 maybe but not 25-6-6-2 right away I don't see it! He's overrated he was perfect for the thunder! Now he's way overpaid I would have given him 5 year 68 max!

P Harvy
10-31-2012, 04:52 PM
It has nothing to do with the amount of talent Harden has and his ability to be crazy efficient...I mean, he was the third pick in the NBA draft, let's not act like he's a complete product of KD/Westbrook with little talent. It's not out of the picture to expect 20/5/5 type numbers from him as the main option, which is perfectly fine for being as young of a player as he is. He's had the offseason to expand his game a bit and he will have many more to continue to improve. Is he worth this contract? As of right now that's certainly up for debate, but in the future he could certainly break into the conversation as the best SG in the NBA.

Oh no doubt he could be the best SG in the league especially since Kobe and Wade are way older players. I think he will average 20+ a game. I think its just more if he can lead a team like a Durant and LeBron can. Can he put the team on his back every single night? I just don't know. Maybe he can but I just can't see it as of right now.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 05:13 PM

I have watched Harden play at least 40-50 times, plus college. Highlight videos don't show the flaws of players, hence why they are useless.

Look, I think Harden is an efficient, good scoring SG. But giving $80 million to a player who hasn't proven he is a #1 option seems a bit much to me is all I am saying. I live in Houston, so I will see even more of him now. I just question investing so much into a player and asking him to do something he hasn't done before is all. I would with hold the term "GREAT" signing until we get a year under our belts, and see what he does as the man.

Aust
10-31-2012, 05:20 PM
He's not worth that contract, but props to Houston for attempting to make their team relevant.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 05:22 PM

my guess is he would like to save it for Rubio, and then sign Love to the 5 year max when he comes off this deal.

But who knows. I think it was a big mistake, but I also don't know if Kahn will be the Wolves GM when the end result plays out, with Taylor slowly handing the team off in the next few years. Typically, new owners like to bring in who they desire, but who knows what will happen.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Minny vs Houston

Morey vs Turdface

I can always count on maturity coming from you when Kahn is in the discussion. He seems to be a sore spot for you for some odd reason.

Chronz
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM
I can always count on maturity coming from you when Kahn is in the discussion. He seems to be a sore spot for you for some odd reason.

I know how much you like it when I trash him

FOBolous
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM
for my home team's sake...i hope Harden doesn't turn into a Joe Johnson and develops into a top 10 player.

ChiSox219
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
I have watched Harden play at least 40-50 times, plus college. Highlight videos don't show the flaws of players, hence why they are useless.

Look, I think Harden is an efficient, good scoring SG. But giving $80 million to a player who hasn't proven he is a #1 option seems a bit much to me is all I am saying. I live in Houston, so I will see even more of him now. I just question investing so much into a player and asking him to do something he hasn't done before is all. I would with hold the term "GREAT" signing until we get a year under our belts, and see what he does as the man.

11-12 regular season without Westbrook AND Durant

Raw +/- = +5 per 48 minutes

per 36 min stats:
29 pts (52% fg, 39% 3pt, 85% FT..,.almost 50/40/90...)
5 reb
5 ast
3.7 t/o

Pretty impressive playing with guys like Cook, Fisher, and Nazr. His usage was close tp 40 as well.

nacdaddy
10-31-2012, 05:39 PM

unproven is right and maybe great signing is me jumping the gun a little but i feel like it really is a great signing. the reality of it all is if houston didnt do it, another team would have. heres a list of this years top paid players:

1. Kobe Bryant $27,849,000
2. Brandon Roy $21,459,805
3. Dirk Nowitzki $20,907,128
4. Gilbert Arenas $20,807,922
5. Amare Stoudemire $19,948,799
6. Joe Johnson $19,752,645
7. Carmelo Anthony $19,450,000
8. Dwight Howard $19,261,200
9. Pau Gasol $19,000,000
10. Elton Brand $18,160,354
11. Chris Paul $17,779,457
12. Kevin Durant $17,548,838
13. LeBron James $17,545,000
14. Chris Bosh $17,545,000
15. Deron Williams $17,177,795
16. Dwyane Wade $17,024,000
17. Paul Pierce $16,790,345
18. Zach Randolph $16,500,000
19. Andrew Bynum $16,473,002
20. Rudy Gay $16,460,532
21. Derrick Rose $16,402,500
22. Rashard Lewis $15,052,181
23. Al Jefferson $15,000,000
24. Carlos Boozer $15,000,000
25. Baron Davis $14,850,000
26. Andre Iguodala $14,718,250
27. Manu Ginobili $14,107,492
28. Marc Gasol $13,891,359
29. Eric Gordon $13,668,750
29. Kevin Love $13,668,750

please dont tell me you wouldnt take a growing harden over about half of those guys if you were a gm. i know thats not whats being debated but im just trying to put it into a little perspective of whats been dished out by teams over the years.

Hardaway Here
10-31-2012, 05:40 PM
lol Lin is a complete afterthought now that Harden is in Houston one of them has to take over that team we will just have to wait and see

rockets-fan
10-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Yes he's overpaid but if the rockets didn't give it to him someone would...this is just a step in the plans Morey has for this team. The important thing is that he knows this team is rebuilding and knows they won't have success like in OKC for a while. Next, the Rockets will look to sign another Max player to pair him up with and hoping the Lin(though I don't like him) will pan out and Asiks defensive presene hold up.

Lin
Harden
Parsons
J.Smith?
Asik

Idk, but I know this isn't the final result, more to come in the summer and I as a Rockets fan am excited that we are moving moves that needed to be made.

lakersfan01
10-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Laughably overpaid

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Maybe now harden has enough money to buy a razor to shave his ugly as beard and while he's at it he should fix those ugly *** teeth

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 05:46 PM
I know how much you like it when I trash him

hahaha. Meh, I don't care either way. Done defending Kahn.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 05:48 PM
unproven is right and maybe great signing is me jumping the gun a little but i feel like it really is a great signing. the reality of it all is if houston didnt do it, another team would have. heres a list of this years top paid players:

1. Kobe Bryant $27,849,000
2. Brandon Roy $21,459,805
3. Dirk Nowitzki $20,907,128
4. Gilbert Arenas $20,807,922
5. Amare Stoudemire $19,948,799
6. Joe Johnson $19,752,645
7. Carmelo Anthony $19,450,000
8. Dwight Howard $19,261,200
9. Pau Gasol $19,000,000
10. Elton Brand $18,160,354
11. Chris Paul $17,779,457
12. Kevin Durant $17,548,838
13. LeBron James $17,545,000
14. Chris Bosh $17,545,000
15. Deron Williams $17,177,795
16. Dwyane Wade $17,024,000
17. Paul Pierce $16,790,345
18. Zach Randolph $16,500,000
19. Andrew Bynum $16,473,002
20. Rudy Gay $16,460,532
21. Derrick Rose $16,402,500
22. Rashard Lewis $15,052,181
23. Al Jefferson $15,000,000
24. Carlos Boozer $15,000,000
25. Baron Davis $14,850,000
26. Andre Iguodala $14,718,250
27. Manu Ginobili $14,107,492
28. Marc Gasol $13,891,359
29. Eric Gordon $13,668,750
29. Kevin Love $13,668,750

please dont tell me you wouldnt take a growing harden over about half of those guys if you were a gm. i know thats not whats being debated but im just trying to put it into a little perspective of whats been dished out by teams over the years.

well, some those guys are aged vets on the back end of deals they earned in their mid 20's, so its not a great list. Harden is currently a top 20 player in the league, but he better turn out top 10 for this money to make sense. And please dude, imo, most the guys on the list above are overpaid anyways. The amnesty cut players should be removed as well.

seikou8
10-31-2012, 05:49 PM
good for james he got his money but now the pressure is on him and lin to produce we will see.

netsgiantsyanks
10-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Maybe now harden has enough money to buy a razor to shave his ugly as beard and while he's at it he should fix those ugly *** teeth

his beard is ****ing awesome. his teeth on the other hand...

xabial
10-31-2012, 05:50 PM
How come Houston was able to offer more money than OKC? I read the maximum OKC could offer was able to offer him was $60M? WTF?

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 05:56 PM
How come Houston was able to offer more money than OKC? I read the maximum OKC could offer was able to offer him was $60M? WTF?

because they already used their 5 year deal on Westy. You can only carry one coming off a rookie deal. Houston went ahead and used theirs.

Toxeryll
10-31-2012, 05:59 PM
overrated and now overpaid

Kashmir13579
10-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Morey truly is the best

I honestly hate Morey at this point, for personal reasons.

xabial
10-31-2012, 06:02 PM
I nominate Daryl Morey and David Kahn as two of the most dynamic and unconventional NBA GM's. I love it.

Jesse2272
10-31-2012, 06:03 PM
His beard alone single handedly acquired that contract

xabial
10-31-2012, 06:05 PM
because they already used their 5 year deal on Westy. You can only carry one coming off a rookie deal. Houston went ahead and used theirs.

Ohhh I see. I don't think there should be a limit, on Max's given for rookies you draft. :confused:

Houston probably interfered secretly while they were negotiating. Thats a $27M difference.... Is the new CBA trying to encourage Fa's leaving. Stupid Rule.. I'm all for lowering Max Contracts from 6 years to 5, and lowering how much money they make but when your only allowed to give ONE Max contract to a homegrown player you DRAFT thats just stupid., weither or Not OKC was going to give him the money.

Bruno
10-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Harden should get an insurance policy for his beard. seriously.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Ohhh I see. I don't think there should be a limit, on Max's given for rookies you draft. :confused:

Houston probably interfered secretly while they were negotiating. Thats a $27M difference.... Is the new CBA trying to encourage Fa's leaving. Stupid Rule.. I'm all for lowering Max Contracts from 6 years to 5, and lowering how much money they make but when your only allowed to give ONE Max contract to a homegrown player you DRAFT thats just stupid., weither or Not OKC was going to give him the money.

on the flip side, how many times have fans just hated a player who got hurt early in a ridiculously long deal, and had to watch that player kill the cap and eat up any ability to add pieces?

Its both good and bad. It gives the owners AND players flexibility on a shorter term basis.

Carey
10-31-2012, 06:20 PM
James Harden is my favorite player, glad to see him get his money and a feature role. Cant help but think he wont be able to quite live up to Houston's expectations. I've said the last couple years he was OKC best "basketball player". I just dont know if he's physically talented enough to put a team on his back and carry them deep into the playoffs.

Andrew32
10-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Hope he doesn't become the new Arenas.

Talented player but I really don't think he is worth the max.

TyrionLannister
10-31-2012, 06:25 PM
If Eric Gordon and Roy Hibbert are given max contracts, James Harden must be given a max contract.

Carey
10-31-2012, 06:29 PM
If Eric Gordon and Roy Hibbert are given max contracts, James Harden must be given a max contract.

Very true, regardless of whats deserving your value is what someone is willing to pay you and what your peers have made.

torocan
10-31-2012, 06:35 PM

Actually, the new CBA is intentionally designed to make it MUCH harder for teams to assemble TOO many stars and retain them, ie, dynasties.

It's messy right now because there's still alot of overlapping contracts from the previous CBA. In THEORY it should create a more even playing field for the smaller teams.

How it plays out when it's all said and done is to be seen.

Chronz
10-31-2012, 06:41 PM
hahaha. Meh, I don't care either way. Done defending Kahn.

How would your team have looked if Bill Simmons was your GM?

Da Knicks
10-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Darryl Morey just went all out on this, he will be fired at the end of the season imo.

Guppyfighter
10-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Darryl Morey just went all out on this, he will be fired at the end of the season imo.

You think wrong things. No one expects them to compete this year. He is definitely safe this year.

Kashmir13579
10-31-2012, 06:59 PM
You think wrong things. No one expects them to compete this year. He is definitely safe this year.

He thinks this is going to be the year Carmelo finally solidifies himself as the undisputed best player in basketball. You might think i'm joking, but i am not.

Da Knicks
10-31-2012, 07:05 PM

I dont expect them to compete but Morey took too many wild chances and if they dont atleast show something no max free agent will want to sign. I dont get the whole idea of signing Lin when they had Dragic and Lowry already on the team. Scola was a good player that i thought could of helped but i understand that one somewhat in the sense of cap flexibility. Too many gambles could be great or get you fired we shall see...

Da Knicks
10-31-2012, 07:15 PM
He thinks this is going to be the year Carmelo finally solidifies himself as the undisputed best player in basketball. You might think i'm joking, but i am not.

I rather like my player too much since he plays for the team i root for and plays on offensive like no other than to despise him like you do. I will never understand your hate towards Melo or other peoples and maybe that is why i go overboard sometimes with my posts. Just to get under your skin and many others, but i do love his game and feel he has all the potential to be the best why not. I feel that there is a group of about 5 guys in the league who could compete year after year for the best player but it is what it is potential.

I like Melo and every other knick player on the team because that is my team. It was hard rooting for this team for a good while and not you or anyone else is going to stop me from liking this team or any player on it.... thanks and sorry for getting off topic.

I still say too many gambles on Morey could make him look like a genius or just get him fired. All the assets that he gathered over the years turned into what? He cut so many young players because you can only keep so many on the roster. If Lamb turns into a good player i could see the Houston fans turning sour very quickly.:)

Dade County
10-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Good for the Rockets, now all they have to do is, scheme & plot to get another star there.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 08:17 PM
How would your team have looked if Bill Simmons was your GM?

we would be the funniest team in the NBA.

Ebbs
10-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Good for Harden but he is not worth that money.

John Walls Era
10-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Good for Harden but he is not worth that money.

Hes not, BUT we have yet to see him as da man (as JB would say).

KobeOwnSU
10-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Let's be real, I don't like James Harden because of the way he plays but he balls. Anyone that denies that and doesn't think that he is worth 12 or 13 million a season is hating. Don;t hate on the main because he got paid, go look in the mirror figure out how you can get paid so we don't have to hear your lame **** on here. Prove 'em wrong James!

KobeOwnSU
10-31-2012, 08:23 PM
we would be the funniest team in the NBA.

Don't forget the whitest as well. :rolleyes:

Ebbs
10-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Hes not, BUT we have yet to see him as da man (as JB would say).

But Houston has already won a championship. . .

If Harden went to Sacramento and won a ring there it would have made him a better player than if he was a Rocket...

John Walls Era
10-31-2012, 08:33 PM
But Houston has already won a championship. . .

If Harden went to Sacramento and won a ring there it would have made him a better player than if he was a Rocket...

Don't forget that JB would point out Lin was da man with the Knicks and Harden couldn't win it without another da man.

And OMFG Harden has like 20 before the half

sunsfan88
10-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Harden, 20 points, 5 assists on 8-13 shooting in his first game with Houston and having never practiced with the team....oh and the game is barely in the 2nd QTR.

They are playing the crappy Pistons but its also a road game and like I said earlier, very first game for Harden with no practice or ever having played in HOU's system or players.

waveycrockett
10-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Harden, 20 points, 5 assists on 8-13 shooting in his first game with Houston and having never practiced with the team....oh and the game is barely in the 2nd QTR.

They are playing the crappy Pistons but its also a road game and like I said earlier, very first game for Harden with no practice or ever having played in HOU's system or players.

Yea but the Pistons SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

sunsfan88
10-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Yea but the Pistons SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

And Houston is losing to them so what does that make the Rockets?

rocket
10-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Yeah guys... Hardens overpaid.

When one person says he's overated/overpaid everyone on PSD bandwagons on them.

I knew Harden would ball out.

John Walls Era
10-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah guys... Hardens overpaid.

When one person says he's overated/overpaid everyone on PSD bandwagons on them.

I knew Harden would ball out.

Its just opinions. I never take anyone on forums too seriously.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Harden is very overated, the guy is really good at nothing.

Just cause he is having 1 good game against the Pistons while he is losing doesnt make him good.

rcxa
10-31-2012, 09:41 PM
In two years there shouldnt be much doubt that harden will be the best sg in the nba. The best player at their Position deserves the max.

Bullsfan22
10-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Harden is ballin' right now but how are they losing to the Pistons?

waveycrockett
10-31-2012, 09:49 PM

Rockets are HORRRRRRRIBLE

Guppyfighter
10-31-2012, 09:50 PM

Just cause he is having 1 good game against the Pistons while he is losing doesnt make him good.

I guess last year doesn't count.

Bullsfan22
10-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Tie ball game now

mightybosstone
10-31-2012, 09:51 PM

He is good at nothing? That's just completely ignorant. He's a phenomenally efficient scorer, a very good ball-handler and one of the best pick and roll players in the NBA. If you honestly think this, I question how much you've actually seen him play. Perhaps you should stick to talking about things you're knowledge about, but I suppose that really limits your topics of conversation.

alexander_37
10-31-2012, 09:53 PM

Who's losing?

koreancabbage
10-31-2012, 09:55 PM

Harden > Joe Johnson

davids22
10-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Harden has always played with Proven winners. He had Jeff Pendergraph in 2008 in ASU who was a future NBA player. He had Kevin Durant in 2011 who won 3 scoring titles as the man and finished 2nd in the MVP voting that year. Harden never won anything as the man. He never brought a franchise a title and he will never bring a team that hasn't won anything a title as he left.

sunsfan88
10-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Who's losing?

Oooo a 25-10 run against the Pistons in the 4th QTR....impressive! :p

IndyRealist
10-31-2012, 09:59 PM
34 points on 13-23 shooting so far with 11 assists. Tell me again how Harden wasn't worth it?

Quinnsanity
How is anyone really arguing Harden is overpaid? For god's sake Eric Gordon and Roy Hibbert got max contracts this summer. You're worth what the market says you're worth and half of the league would gladly give Harden that money, and even if you're being subjective I'd much rather pay Harden then a bunch of other guys making similar money.

rocket

How bad can your posts continue to be?

BKLYNpigeon
10-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Bottom line.

OKC made a good trade for the future but They are not a better team after the trade.

alexander_37
10-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Oooo a 25-10 run against the Pistons in the 4th QTR....impressive! :p

Yeah, give them a few weeks/months to gel and that's a ****ing dangerous team.

Harden, Lin, Asik, Douglas, Motie, Jones, Delfino, White all in their first season with the team.

Parsons, Morris, Smith 2nd year

Patterson 3rd year.

BKLYNpigeon
10-31-2012, 10:03 PM
The OKC trade of Harden reminds me of Phoenix when they traded Joe Johnson; they never won a Championship.

BKLYNpigeon
10-31-2012, 10:04 PM
everyone is overreacting with The Rockets first game.... they're playing the Pistons... comon..

koreancabbage
10-31-2012, 10:04 PM
The OKC trade of Harden reminds me of Phoenix when they traded Joe Johnson; they never won a Championship.

yea sucks to be OKC

koreancabbage
10-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Harden is ROCKING IT man 37 points, 12 assists, 6 boards, 4 steals.
it will be funny if he joins Westbrook and Durant on the all star team. what a sight it would be.

he's legit.

koreancabbage
10-31-2012, 10:07 PM
everyone is overreacting with The Rockets first game.... they're playing the Pistons... comon..

he got 38 points. and 12 assists

mightybosstone
10-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Harden has always played with Proven winners. He had Jeff Pendergraph in 2008 in ASU who was a future NBA player. He had Kevin Durant in 2011 who won 3 scoring titles as the man and finished 2nd in the MVP voting that year. Harden never won anything as the man. He never brought a franchise a title and he will never bring a team that hasn't won anything a title as he left.

Your last sentence makes no sense and your argument is piss poor. You're acting like the dude is 30. He's 23!!! He's got a long career in front of him and he hasn't even reached his potential, because he's been playing with two top 10 guys who dominate the ball his whole career.

KaganRS
10-31-2012, 10:09 PM
OKC fans - do you hate your cheap owner yet ?

Ni55anpat
10-31-2012, 10:10 PM
After tonight. Shows he was ready to be the guy. Great sign by the rockets

koreancabbage
10-31-2012, 10:10 PM
OKC fans - do you hate your cheap owner yet ?

could've been the big 4.

but yea Harden needed to leave to flourish. def not enough shots to go around on that team even as efficient as Harden is.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 10:13 PM
pretty decent opening showing for James haha.

That being said, anyone who throws a 1 game sample size at everyone is being ridiculous.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 10:15 PM
pretty decent opening showing for James haha.

That being said, anyone who throws a 1 game sample size at everyone is being ridiculous.

No its about what people like, Lopez came back from injury last year put up 37 against the NBA champions and Harden puts it up against the Pistons he is suddenly good. This was a fluke.

John Walls Era
10-31-2012, 10:16 PM
No its about what people like, Lopez came back from injury last year put up 37 against the NBA champions and Harden puts it up against the Pistons he is suddenly good. This was a fluke.

He didn't come out of nowhere.

jsumadchat
After tonight. Shows he was ready to be the guy. Great sign by the rockets

Hawkeye15

when are you going to get it through your head that absolutely nobody takes your insight seriously?

I would take Harden over Johnson every day of the week. And I am not alone. In fact, you are in the extreme minority.

John Walls Era
**** it, i promised myself i wouldnt get into discussions like this in the nba forum.

KaganRS
could've been the big 4.

but yea Harden needed to leave to flourish. def not enough shots to go around on that team even as efficient as Harden is.

Agreed - and having Westbrook as your point guard doesn't help for players waiting in the wings to emerge.

Driven
10-31-2012, 10:17 PM
What impressed me about Harden tonight was the way he knew how to run and take over the team. It wasn't just one on one play. It was passing the ball, directing traffic.

This is a team where the starters today are in their 2nd or 3rd year IN THE LEAGUE, I believe. A team with four new starters tonight, and two new role players who they got a few days ago.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 10:20 PM
when are you going to get it through your head that absolutely nobody takes your insight seriously?

I would take Harden over Johnson every day of the week. And I am not alone. In fact, you are in the extreme minority.

No they like him because he has a beard it has nothing to do with skill. Soon people will turn on him like they did LeBron. Harden is not even close to JJ, when Harden puts up JJs numbers in his prime give me a call.

Mr. NBA
10-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Harden is unstoppable.

My goodness. it's one sample game size, but Kevin Martin can't do this as a rocket right?

VillaMaravilla
10-31-2012, 10:22 PM

This post had to be from a Pats fan lol:facepalm:

Driven
No they like him because he has a beard it has nothing to do with skill. Soon people will turn on him like they did LeBron. Harden is not even close to JJ, when Harden puts up JJs numbers in his prime give me a call.
This is a ****ing stupid post.

Hawkeye15

oh

mer

gerd

ChaseHamels

You may be the worst poster on this website. Congrats. :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012

A defending NBA Champion that lost their defensive anchor and probably would have shut down Lopez (aka reigning DPOY Tyson Chandler?)

Btw, Lopez had 38 pts along with a measly 6 rebounds against a soft Mavs front court.

Harden dropped 37 along with 12 dimes, and despite being a guard, got the same amount of rebounds as Lopez along with 4 steals and a block.

Lopez in that game, despite being a 7 footer, didn't even get a block.

Harden > Lopez.

You're Welcome.

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 10:24 PM

Bitterness is just oozing out of you right now.

heyman321
A defending NBA Champion that lost their defensive anchor and probably would have shut down Lopez (aka reigning DPOY Tyson Chandler?)

Btw, Lopez had 38 pts along with a measly 6 rebounds against a soft Mavs front court.

Harden dropped 37 along with 12 dimes, and despite being a guard, got the same amount of rebounds as Lopez along with 4 steals and a block.

Harden > Lopez.

You're Welcome.

OHHH SNAP. DMF call the ambulance, you have a third degree burn.

KB-Pau-DH2012
oh

mer

gerd

they

took

er

jaaawbs!!!

Driven
10-31-2012, 10:25 PM
I mean, that was a really ****ing stupid post.

NBAfan4life
10-31-2012, 10:26 PM

Even if JJ was on a Hardens pay rate I would still take Harden. Factor in how much more JJ makes it isn't even a question.

mightybosstone

Dude, just STFU and quit trolling. You clearly have never watched the guy play and did not watch the game tonight. His passing skill was remarkable and he was sending no look passes like Steve ****ing Nash and getting everyone involved. And you want to talk about Harden putting up JJ numbers? Harden's only played three seasons and is 23 years old, but JJ never ONCE put up a PER or WS/48 as high has Harden's was last season. So you have no clue what you're talking about.

I would call you a clown because you're so ridiculous, except that clowns are likable.

DoMeFavors

Harden > Lopez.

You're Welcome.

Um no

Lopez has killed "DPOY" Tyson Chandler in every battle. Harden could dribble the ball as a guard and could have more offense as a guard. But Lopez is a center that got it all on post moves.
Harden was a bench player on TEAM usa that didnt play, there must have been a reason, just like there must have been a reason he was a bench player in OKC.

KaganRS
10-31-2012, 10:27 PM
1 troll to rule them all

KB-Pau-DH2012
Um no

Lopez has killed "DPOY" Tyson Chandler in every battle. Harden could dribble the ball as a guard and could have more offense as a guard. But Lopez is a center that got it all on post moves.
Harden was a bench player on TEAM usa that didnt play, there must have been a reason, just like there must have been a reason he was a bench player in OKC.

Harden was a bench player on TEAM USA.

Lopez has never been selected and played for TEAM USA.

And Harden and Lopez in their respective games had the same amount of rebounds (6). Explain that.

Hawkeye15
Dude, just STFU and quit trolling. You clearly have never watched the guy play and did not watch the game tonight. His passing skill was remarkable and he was sending no look passes like Steve ****ing Nash and getting everyone involved. And you want to talk about Harden putting up JJ numbers? Harden's only played three seasons and is 23 years old, but JJ never ONCE put up a PER or WS/48 as high has Harden's was last season. So you have no clue what you're talking about.

I would call you a clown because you're so ridiculous, except that clowns are likable.

stop fueling the troll, no need for anyone here to get in trouble over it.

Cracka2HI!
I think the Harden signing looks economical after today's flurry of signings.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 10:28 PM

2 words

DETRIOT PISTONS

2 other words

BARELY WON

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-31-2012, 10:28 PM
2 words

DETRIOT PISTONS

2 other words

BARELY WON

9 pt win is "barely won" ? :confused:

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Harden was a bench player on TEAM USA.

Lopez has never been selected and played for TEAM USA.

And Harden and Lopez in their respective games had the same amount of rebounds (6). Explain that.

Lopez was coming off a leg injury, Harden was coming off adreniline and that happiness of 80 million.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 10:29 PM
2 words

DETRIOT PISTONS

2 other words

BARELY WON

you are literally the most cocky Nets fans I have ever come across in my life. And that is a hard thing to do man.

mightybosstone
10-31-2012, 10:30 PM
Yeah, there were reasons dip****. He didn't start on Team USA because he was behind guys like Paul, Kobe, Wade and Westbrook on the depth chart. What...are you gonna rip the guy for not being the best guard in the league? And he didn't start in OKC because they had a ton of perimeter scoring in their starting lineup and needed someone to get points off the bench when Westy or Durant sat down. It's common sense. Use some.

And I seriously question the sanity of anyone who tries to argue that Brook Lopez is a better player than James Harden.

Hawkeye15
Lopez was coming off a leg injury, Harden was coming off adreniline and that happiness of 80 million.

Lopez will most likely never be an Olympian. We need rebounding and floor spacing from our bigs in that case.

Driven
2 words

DETRIOT PISTONS

2 other words

BARELY WON
Detroit*

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-31-2012, 10:31 PM

Harden hadn't even practiced with the team yet and he dropped 37 pts on the road.

We can go all night buddy. But I have to go now to see the Lakers drop 0-2 and Mike Brown to work his genius.

Bye.

Driven
10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
For those (or just DoMeFavors) saying that the Rockets only beat the Pistons... I think you're forgetting to look to at the fact that most fans wouldn't be able to name more than two players on the Rockets.

nate2usmc
Brook Lopez is the greatest center that never played a whole season.

mightybosstone
2 words

DETRIOT PISTONS

2 other words

BARELY WON

Oh really? So did he play the Detroit Pistons every single game last year when he was second in the NBA in EFG% and TS% and led the league in WS/48?

KB-Pau-DH2012
Detroit*

No, I think he got it.

Det-RIOT! :laugh2:

Reminds me of the Malice at the Palace.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah, there were reasons dip****. He didn't start on Team USA because he was behind guys like Paul, Kobe, Wade and Westbrook on the depth chart. What...are you gonna rip the guy for not being the best guard in the league? And he didn't start in OKC because they had a ton of perimeter scoring in their starting lineup and needed someone to get points off the bench when Westy or Durant sat down. It's common sense. Use some.

And I seriously question the sanity of anyone who tries to argue that Brook Lopez is a better player than James Harden.

Do some research before you post, one of those guys on the "depth chart" didnt play on team usa this year homie.

KaganRS
10-31-2012, 10:34 PM
2 words

DETRIOT PISTONS

2 other words

BARELY WON

Just because the team moved to Brooklyn doesn't mean you can erase the recent past of the New Jersey Nets.

Correct me if i'm wrong - but I don't think you have a right to shrug off a win against the Pistons because they not a good team anymore. Why ?

Because the nets have been no better if not worse in recent memory.

jayjay33
10-31-2012, 10:35 PM
2 words

DETRIOT PISTONS

2 other words

BARELY WON

Considering harden skill level. Ball handling, shooting and passing, ability; you really think this was a fluke? With his skill and athleticism how could he not ball out? What do you see as lacking in his game that will stop him? Cause I don't see how someone with that all around skill level could fail. Unless they just got scared punked out or something.

KaganRS
10-31-2012, 10:36 PM
No, I think he got it.

Det-RIOT! :laugh2:

Reminds me of the Malice at the Palace.

which consisted of INDIANA basketball players punching the fans.

Driven
10-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Side note - I hate it when people say something like "oh, he would have ONLY made $4 million less in OKC."

First of all, that's FOUR ****ING MILLION DOLLARS. Secondly, he got a fifth year out of it. He's getting about $25 million more guaranteed, plus there aren't any property taxes in Houston.

Plus, he and his beard will probably make a **** ton more in endorsements on a team in a big market where he is THE guy. Plus the whole asian and international market with Lin/Yao Ming.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2012, 10:37 PM
you are literally the most cocky Nets fans I have ever come across in my life. And that is a hard thing to do man.

Im not cocky I say all facts and the truth.

nate2usmc
10-31-2012, 10:38 PM
The reason Brook Lopez is an Elite, probably the GOAT, at his position is because he is fast, strong and hustles hard enough to play all 5 positions when he isn't hurt 92% of the time.

John Walls Era
oh

mer

gerd

You talk to DMF more than you do with anyone else :laugh:

Driven
It's not cockiness it's confidence

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 10:39 PM

I noticed that I do too. I think I subconsciously want to help him understand basketball or something.

nate2usmc
10-31-2012, 10:42 PM
I noticed that I do too. I think I subconsciously want to help him understand basketball or something.

You wish your team had a squad like the Nets. LeBron has to wear a diaper when he plays the Nets cuz he's always crappin himself when he has to face them.

mightybosstone
10-31-2012, 10:44 PM
Do some research before you post, one of those guys on the "depth chart" didnt play on team usa this year homie.

Lol. Coming from the guy who just told me Harden couldn't put up Joe Johnson numbers, when I JUST posted numbers that proved he was better last season than Joe Johnson has ever been? Yeah, thanks for the advice. And for the record, Wade WAS on the roster prior to the Olympics and played in prior events, but had to pull out because of injuries. Regardless, look at the guys ahead of him on Team USA's depth chart. Harden's only 23 and you expect him to play ahead of Kobe, Westy, Paul or Deron? Those are four of the 10-12 best players in the NBA, dude...

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 10:45 PM
You wish your team had a squad like the Nets. LeBron has to wear a diaper when he plays the Nets cuz he's always crappin himself when he has to face them.

LOL Lebron doesn't do his chalk clap before playing against Joe Johnson, he does it with baby powder because he just had to change his diaper before tip-off.

mightybosstone
10-31-2012, 10:45 PM
The reason Brook Lopez is an Elite, probably the GOAT, at his position is because he is fast, strong and hustles hard enough to play all 5 positions when he isn't hurt 92% of the time.

The man speaks the truth. Also, I would like to add that Brook is so unbelievable offensively because he doesn't worry about rebounding and shouldn't have to. Rebounding? Pft... Leave that to inferior players. Brook needs to focus on dominating the paint on offense for the five games he actually plays in every season.

Driven
10-31-2012, 10:47 PM
I heard Joe Johnson has a 10 inch dick

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 10:48 PM

In your own mind, I believe you. However, your facts are garbage in the real world of statistical analysis. I truly believe your opinions are formulated in your mind, I simply think that you don't understand how to comprehend the game in the slightest.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 10:49 PM

it humors me, and isn't that the point of life?

Hawkeye15
10-31-2012, 10:50 PM

at some point, we need to write off lost causes. But man, its just entertaining.

Driven
10-31-2012, 10:51 PM
it humors me, and isn't that the point of life?
So your life is fulfilled and completed by DoMeFavors

Hawkeye15
I heard Joe Johnson has a 10 inch dick

but it shrinks to 3 inches when the playoffs start..

Hawkeye15
So your life is fulfilled by DoMeFavors

Fulfilled? no. Better? yep

KnickaBocka.44
10-31-2012, 10:53 PM
at some point, we need to write off lost causes. But man, its just entertaining.

This is true. I'm just rationalizing it by saying I want to help him understand though, I guess talking to him just makes me feel better about myself.

mjt20mik

Forgetting he averages 10 + rbs a game. C'mon, he ain't no scrub that gets like 3 boards a game.

TheGuz00
Suckers!!!

Driven
Fulfilled? no. Better? yep
So DoMeFavors makes your life better than I do

davids22
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Your last sentence makes no sense and your argument is piss poor. You're acting like the dude is 30. He's 23!!! He's got a long career in front of him and he hasn't even reached his potential, because he's been playing with two top 10 guys who dominate the ball his whole career.

Must have missed my signature, eh?

alexander_37
11-01-2012, 12:17 AM

Yao Ming says hi.

P Harvy
11-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Must have missed my signature, eh?

Your sig is the stupidest thing I've ever read

raidersrock99
11-01-2012, 12:26 AM
good job by harden today

Kashmir13579
11-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Harden is popular enough to have his own official thread ?I didn't know PSD cared about finesse or iq.

It has to be the beard..

WhiteSoxGod
11-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Side note - I hate it when people say something like "oh, he would have ONLY made $4 million less in OKC."

First of all, that's FOUR ****ING MILLION DOLLARS. Secondly, he got a fifth year out of it. He's getting about $25 million more guaranteed, plus there aren't any property taxes in Houston.

Plus, he and his beard will probably make a **** ton more in endorsements on a team in a big market where he is THE guy. Plus the whole asian and international market with Lin/Yao Ming.

I think you mean Texas has no state income tax, there are property taxes, but they are lower than states like California and new York.

Anyone that doesn't think Hardin is a star and a max player is an idiot and obviously basketball deficient.

netsgiantsyanks
11-01-2012, 01:03 AM

brook lopez didn't miss a game until he got injured though.

chi-townlove1
11-01-2012, 01:08 AM
I love this kid. Everything about him. Congrats. And prove everyone wrong because your well worth the money!

SouthSideRookie
11-01-2012, 01:14 AM
In the last 25 seasons, four players have had games with at least 37 points, 12 assists, six rebounds, four steals, and one blocked shot.

The fearsome foursome are Michael Jordan (1988-89 Chicago Bulls), Larry Bird (1991-92 Boston Celtics), Dwyane Wade (2008-09 Miami Heat), and Harden on opening night.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/50910/hardens-successful-launch-among-best

Pretty good debut.

Chavacano
11-01-2012, 01:25 AM
In your own mind, I believe you. However, your facts are garbage in the real world of statistical analysis. I truly believe your opinions are formulated in your mind, I simply think that you don't understand how to comprehend the game in the slightest.

^^ DoMeFavors-reference.com :laugh:

WhiteSoxGod
11-01-2012, 01:28 AM
I
n the last 25 seasons, four players have had games with at least 37 points, 12 assists, six rebounds, four steals, and one blocked shot.

The fearsome foursome are Michael Jordan (1988-89 Chicago Bulls), Larry Bird (1991-92 Boston Celtics), Dwyane Wade (2008-09 Miami Heat), and Harden on opening night.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/50910/hardens-successful-launch-among-best

Pretty good debut.

Yeah no doubt Hardin has a lot of skill. Scariest thing is he is only 23 years old.

akagiredsuns
11-01-2012, 01:32 AM

37pts 12 ast with Lin & Asik? :laugh2: Enough said. But it is just 1 game. So he has silenced the critics at least for tonight.

Baller1
11-01-2012, 01:55 AM
His performance tonight is depressing for OKC fans, haha.

AsfanSince99
11-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Wow, Harden just delivered a big STFU to all his naysayers..

FOBolous
11-01-2012, 02:38 AM
DoMeFavoris obviously trolling. why are yall giving him any attention?

shep33
11-01-2012, 03:14 AM
His performance tonight is depressing for OKC fans, haha.

I was so impressed with him tonight. I know your a big fan of his Baller, but I think you guys will be okay.

FOBolous
11-01-2012, 03:20 AM
but yea, unless Lopez learns how to defend or rebound...he will never be considered a goat in his position. he will be considered an irrelevant one dimensional player that can only score along the lines of Kevin Martin, nick young, ect ect. and seriously...a center who struggles to average 6 rebounds per game? sadness..just sad :pity:

P Harvy
11-01-2012, 03:23 AM
37pts 12 ast with Lin & Asik? :laugh2: Enough said. But it is just 1 game. So he has silenced the critics at least for tonight.

I never once said Harden wasn't a good player. He's immensely talented and he played really well tonight. But like you said it was only one game and it was against the Pistons. I'm still not convinced that he'll be able to lead the Rockets like everyone believes he will be.

Yabaecip
11-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Seems like he's living up to that contract with a night like tonight. But, man it is sad to see him on the Rockets. He was the Thunder to me...

torocan
11-01-2012, 03:27 AM
I never once said Harden wasn't a good player. He's immensely talented and he played really well tonight. But like you said it was only one game and it was against the Pistons. I'm still not convinced that he'll be able to lead the Rockets like everyone believes he will be.

That's the problem with belief, eh? You either believe or you don't, then the games have to speak for themselves.

Personally, I think the Rockets have a decent chance of getting to the playoffs... then it's probably 1 and out. Bench too weak, not enough offensive threats when Lin/Harden are off the floor.

It's seriously painful watching the Rockets bench playing... :facepalm:

However, Harden/Lin/Asik probably have enough to have a shot at 7th or 8th, though I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up 9th/10th.

ewmania
11-01-2012, 03:42 AM
wow harden

thats basically how you shut people up... you have a jordan NBA finals performance hahaah I love it

ewmania
11-01-2012, 03:43 AM

he played well tonight LOL.. that alone shows us how u really feel about it lol

P Harvy
11-01-2012, 04:32 AM
You want me to hop all over his nuts? Stop acting like we haven't seen this play from him before. Yah he filled up the stat sheet. Congrats, they barely got by the pistons. Do you want me to come back to this thread on the nights he looks like my half eaten baloney sandwich?

AI
11-01-2012, 05:44 AM
It was a great performance, but who are we kidding here? It was against the Pistons.

Heediot
11-01-2012, 06:23 AM
That's the problem with belief, eh? You either believe or you don't, then the games have to speak for themselves.

Personally, I think the Rockets have a decent chance of getting to the playoffs... then it's probably 1 and out. Bench too weak, not enough offensive threats when Lin/Harden are off the floor.

It's seriously painful watching the Rockets bench playing... :facepalm:

However, Harden/Lin/Asik probably have enough to have a shot at 7th or 8th, though I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up 9th/10th.

Yeah Toney Douglas is terrible, they need a better backup PG that can facilitate and run the offense. Will Bynum was killing them when both benches were on the court. They're bench will be improved when the Kentucky PF's return. Marcus Morris didn't look good last night.

Verbal Christ
11-01-2012, 07:02 AM
"You gotta let the haters hate;all day; I don't know what else to say"

Lol

I didn't know harden was that crisp a passer. Looked really sharp and LED his team to a comeback victory and making players around him better. What else you want?

JayW_1023
11-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Harden looked dominant. Looked like Penny Hardaway out there.

Andrew32
11-01-2012, 07:23 AM
One game... against the lowly Pistons.

I am not buying the Harden = Super-Star hype.

He is quite streaky when it comes to scoring from the field and his handles don't impress me.

I look forward to watching what he does against a real defense or a Top Tier Type Team.

JayW_1023
11-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Oh, and for the record. Harden is better now than JJ ever was.

HowFit
11-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Watched him last night, he looks phenomenal!

ghettosean
11-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Looked like a max player to me last night lets see if he keeps it up!

eternal slumber
11-01-2012, 07:46 AM
"You gotta let the haters hate;all day; I don't know what else to say"

Lol

I didn't know harden was that crisp a passer. Looked really sharp and LED his team to a comeback victory and making players around him better. What else you want?

didn't know he was such a creative passer and a pick and roll wizard. damn, Rockets coming together bit by bit.

JayW_1023
11-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Nobody talked about the Rockets till three days ago. Pretty funny how one player create some buzz.

Even Lin got some love back.

HowFit
11-01-2012, 08:12 AM
It was a great performance, but who are we kidding here? It was against the Pistons.

Putting those kind of numbers up against any team is good, are you kidding?

JayW_1023
11-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Who knows the Pistons may be a whole lot better. They have promising new pieces with Monroe improving (and starting!) and Knight. No one knows how far they are. It's the beginning of the season ferchrissakes.

Anyway, Houston looked great...Harden and Lin make quite a charismatic backcourt.

Edit: oh, and Drummond.

MonroeFAN
11-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Why is everyone taking this opportunity to talk crap about the Pistons? They looked good last night.

Harden looked incredible.

b@llhog24
11-01-2012, 09:02 AM

He is quite streaky when it comes to scoring from the field and his handles don't impress me.

I look forward to watching what he does against a real defense or a Top Tier Type Team.

Yea but he didn't even get to the line a ton like how he usually does, it'll even out. I doubt he does this all season but +22-6-5 on a TS% of about 55-58 is elite production.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Let's see if he can continue this pace while playing starter mins.

But very very good outing by the beard.

nycericanguy
11-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Why is everyone taking this opportunity to talk crap about the Pistons? They looked good last night.

Harden looked incredible.

sorry bro but they didn't, their guard play is atrocious.

Lin looked like a better player than Knight, Stuckey was horrible and seems to be regressing.

Monroe is good though obviously.

but there was a stretch there in that 4th quarter where they could barely get a shot up, they need a PG, Knight isn't ready and Stuckey is the toney douglas of Pg;s.

JordansBulls
11-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Harden With and Without Durant and Westbrook, per36

With Durant

GP MIN PTS FGA FTA TRB AST eFG% TS%
78 1351 11.3 8.9 3.3 3.9 2.5 .486 .546

Without Durant

81 838 24.6 15.1 9.5 4.7 3.6 .547 .638

With Westbrook

82 1159 10.4 7.6 3.2 3.8 2.2 .508 .577

Without Westbrook

82 1030 23.2 15.3 8.4 4.6 3.6 .530 .611

With Durant

62 1420 14.9 9.6 4.7 4.7 3.6 .570 .638

Without Durant

62 526 31.2 17.2 12.5 4.7 6.0 .607 .687

With Westbrook

62 1231 13.7 8.9 4.4 4.5 3.7 .571 .632

Without Westbrook

62 715 29.0 16.3 11.1 4.9 5.2 .600 .684
:speechless:

jp611
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Streaky? Streaky as in the most efficient guard in the NBA last season?

Jarvo
11-01-2012, 10:12 AM
It was against the Pistons STOP IT! If he can do this with good teams ok, But he still not worth that Max.

jp611
11-01-2012, 10:15 AM
It was against the Pistons STOP IT! If he can do this with good teams ok, But he still not worth that Max.

He's worth the max, Eric Gordon got max money

The Pistons are much improved as well

Andrew32
11-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Streaky? Streaky as in the most efficient guard in the NBA last season?

I said he is inconsistent and streaky when it comes to scoring from the field.

He shot below 40% from the field in 10/20 playoff games last year and his ratio of good/bad games in the regular season in that regard wasn't much better either.

Harden can be very hot/cold and streaky from the field.
He is very inconsistent.

Consistency is a part of efficiency and large sample sizes often hide those type of issues / negative traits.

He is very good obviously irregardless of that but it is something he needs to work on and its part of why I am not quite as high on him as some others are.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
apparently everyone can score 37 points, 12 assists, and 7 rebounds against the pistons, yet i dont see it happening..

stfu and give the guy credit.
dont overhype him to an extent where u want to hand him the mip trophy and mvp trophy and declare the rockets as nba champions,
but give the guy credit.

he was ballin last night, and for a city desperately in need of some basketball star, they finally got someone who will give them a spark.

koreancabbage
11-01-2012, 10:36 AM

He shot below 40% from the field in 10/20 playoff games last year and his ratio of good/bad games in the regular season in that regard wasn't much better either.

He is very inconsistent.

Consistency is a part of efficiency and large sample sizes often hide those type of issues / negative traits.

He is very good obviously irregardless of that but it is something he needs to work on and its part of why I am not quite as high on him as some others are.

he had a horrible playoff run. he's not inconsistent. just played terrible in the playoffs. he was lights out in the regular season.

any player can be hot/cold and inconsistent - regular season and advanced stats show other wise for Harden.

and he played extremely well when both Westbrook and Durant were NOT on the floor with him. this is the justification that Harden would be a border line all star type of player.

but this whole year, he's gonna play with a chip on his shoulders. He's gonna be proving that he's worth the money and telling OKC to go **** yourself.

Jarvo
11-01-2012, 10:39 AM
He's worth the max, Eric Gordon got max money

The Pistons are much improved as well

Gordon is good, But wasn't worth the Max either. Now the Hornets are ****ed!

basketfan4life
11-01-2012, 10:40 AM
For those of you saying it was against Pistons, do you guys wonder if anybody did that to Pistons last season? or is anybody going to do it to Pistons or any other team this season?

He was absolutely great, period.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 10:52 AM
@JHarden13: Thanks bro!! RT @KDTrey5: I see you H! Bumpinnnnnnnn

aww how cute and thoughtful of durant.

Chronz
11-01-2012, 10:53 AM

LOL exactly it came against an NBA team without even having time to learn the offense. What exactly are you expecting? For him to average these numbers?

All the criticism against Harden has been very vague, I think people are just hoping he struggles to some degree so they can say I told you so, but if he happens to blow up they have nothing better to say than it was a bad team. As if that somehow degrades the fact that putting up a line that so few players have ever achieved makes him legit. Ummmm bad teams have existed for decades, how come so few players do what Harden just did?

Chronz
11-01-2012, 11:04 AM

Aside from the Finals he had a brilliant playoff run. And its harder to be consistent in the playoffs when your relegated to a third option.
Also why would anyone care about FG% when your talking about a guy who likely has the greatest secondary percentage in the game last year? The more relevant info is that 8 of the 20 games he was BELOW average in terms of Possession efficiency, 3 of them coming in the Finals.

He is very inconsistent.
It only appears that way because hes ridiculously efficient when hes on, so a night of strong efficiency night from him would be a great for most players but for him it can represent a poor night.

When your as efficient as he is, your more likely to be consistently efficient. Its the low% guys who are more likely to be inefficient. Still Id like to see your consistency index, otherwise whats your basis for comparison?

I'll wait to see how he responds to being the man before I criticize his alleged inconsistencies. Who exactly are you comparing him to tho?