PDA

View Full Version : Has Harden signed yet? Taj?

mdm692
10-31-2012, 01:00 PM
I've seen official reports for Lawson and Curry did Harden signed his extension yet? If not what are they waiting for? And whats going on with Taj Gibson?

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Joel Brigham @joelbrigham 1 minute ago

Still nothing on a Taj Gibson extension, but the Bulls are always tight-lipped with these sort of things. Fingers crossed it gets done...

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA about 21 minutes ago

James Harden hasn't signed an extension with the Houston Rockets yet, but the two sides are expected to reach an agreement today.

CavsYanksDuke
10-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Why would Harden agree to it? Can't he make just as much, if not more, on free agency? He scoffed at $55 million, but someone posted a few days ago that the Rockets could only offer him 4 yrs at $60 million. So why would he stay on a poor team, when he could be making just as much on a better team in a year?

JordansBulls
10-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Why would Harden agree to it? Can't he make just as much, if not more, on free agency? He scoffed at $55 million, but someone posted a few days ago that the Rockets could only offer him 4 yrs at $60 million. So why would he stay on a poor team, when he could be making just as much on a better team in a year?

Well some guys are all about the money. I can see if OKC won last year why Harden may want to go this route, now he may never win a title in Houston. He would need a megastar by his side in order to do so.

Matrix3132
10-31-2012, 01:19 PM

He has enough pressure on himself, a max deal after your rookie contract is all you can hope for, his stock can't really go anywhere but down playing with that team this year.

Cal827
10-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Well some guys are all about the money. I can see if OKC won last year why Harden may want to go this route, now he may never win a title in Houston. He would need HCA in order to do so.

Fixed :D

All jokes aside, I can see Harden do what Bynum said he was doing. He wouldn't sign the extension now, but will sign a longer, larger contract in the off-season. Since Houston could offer him more than anyone else, they could potentially go sign a big player next off-season with that cap space, then resign Harden to a big contract, no? It would push them near the cap limit, but they will likely be able to deal out somebody or people in order to compensate (E.g. Trading Asik or Lin, if they can somehow land Paul or Howard).

Cal827
10-31-2012, 01:26 PM
He has enough pressure on himself, a max deal after your rookie contract is all you can hope for, his stock can't really go anywhere but down playing with that team this year.

It could potentially rise. I mean, most of us have Houston as a rebuilding team this year. If they can somehow push themselves into a fight for a lower playoff spot, his stock could rise even more (as he is now the #1 guy there, with not much else around him, besides a guy who has to prove he wasn't more than a flash in the pan, and a pure defensive Center, as well as like 21 powerforwards lol).

Considering that the position only has two definitive elite players at this time in Wade and Bryant, if he can break through, he could make it that he would only be getting max offers next season lol

Badluck33
10-31-2012, 01:26 PM
I dont think Harden can be the type of player every thinks he is.

He is a complimentary player that needs to compliment someone. He isn't a Batman, hes a Robin.

IndyRealist
10-31-2012, 01:27 PM

Because he could blow out his knee this year and never play basketball again. Or he could regress and get substantially less money. Most guys don't really start shopping for other teams until after their first extension. Lebron, Paul, Melo, Wade, Bosh, etc. all took their first extension.

daboywonder2002
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM

well i agree harden should wait and play the market. but houston can offer that 5th year. so thats 5 years 80 million. plus there's no state income tax in houston. so thats more money as well. that makes me wonder why more players dont choose texas teams as free agents. max deals plus no income tax?? thats a steal

Ezio
10-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Seems like Taj might hit the market but supposedly the Bulls will match any offer.

Dade County
10-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Harden might be trying to get his 5yr contract, with and option to Opt Out in the 3rd year.

He has tasted what it feels like to reach the finals, he might want options.

JiffyMix88
10-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Seems like Taj might hit the market but supposedly the Bulls will match any offer.

if any offer is around 4 years 40 million thats cool anything else would be dumb imo

Raps08-09 Champ
10-31-2012, 01:44 PM

Who's going to offer him $60 mil for 4 years? I don't think a lot of teams have the cap space for it.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Well some guys are all about the money. I can see if OKC won last year why Harden may want to go this route, now he may never win a title in Houston. He would need a megastar by his side in order to do so.

Or just get HCA.

astrosmaniac
10-31-2012, 01:53 PM

The rockets can offer 5 years almost $80 million, and harden is a RFA. He ain't going no where

JordansBulls
10-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Or just get HCA.

He had it last year and lost with it. :)

Htownballa1622
10-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Five years $80 mil for James. Check wojo