PDA

View Full Version : Rondo's flagrant on Wade

Fnom11
10-31-2012, 01:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/heat-rings-then-win-over-024829667--nba.html

when Wade drove past Rondo - and the Celtics guard grabbed Wade around the neck. Wade appeared as though he was ready to throw the ball at Rondo in retaliation, and stopped himself.
''I thought he hooked me,'' Rondo said.
Wade had a different opinion.
''It was a punk play by him,'' Wade said. ''The league will take care of it. He clotheslined me, with two hands.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CrXUNnf-tkM

Andrew32
10-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Terrible defense by Rondo on that play.

The flagrant wasn't nearly what I expected it to be but he should still know better then to grab around the neck area.
He could of easily wrapped Wade up without doing that.

justinnum1
10-31-2012, 01:37 AM
"I'm here to play basketball, man," Wade said. "If you want to do something else, then go do something else. Boxing, this is not it. I was glad I was able to stop myself in that very moment and move on from it. We'll see next time we play."

oh snap

Shlumpledink
10-31-2012, 01:38 AM
I stopped watching around this time, so I missed it.

I've seen harder clotheslines in the nba. Its not that big of a deal. Dwight Howards flagrant today was meaner, and that wasn't worthy of a suspension either.

yonkerschampX4
10-31-2012, 01:42 AM
rondo is built like steve urkel

Melo15
10-31-2012, 01:46 AM
It was a punk play out of frustration. It wasn't nearly as bad as it's being made out to be though.

justinnum1
10-31-2012, 01:48 AM
wasnt that bad but just ads to the great rivalry between these two teams

WITZ
10-31-2012, 01:48 AM
Rondo was probably just getting wade back for that dirty play that dislocated his elbow :shrug:

topdog
10-31-2012, 01:51 AM
Two handed clothesline it was not. Shouldn't have done it, but it was anything too terribly dirty in my mind. No excessive force so not a flagrant 2.

Teeboy1487
10-31-2012, 01:55 AM
Pittman will get him back LOL. That was a ***** move by Rondo. I can't stand that prick.

justinnum1
10-31-2012, 01:55 AM
Pittman will get him back LOL. That was a ***** move by Rondo. I can't stand that prick.

thats about all he's good for

SportsFanatic10
10-31-2012, 01:56 AM
rondo has spent to much time around garnett.

lamzoka
10-31-2012, 02:08 AM
The game was already decided and wade was showing off, or rubbing it on their face however u wanna put it. He was dribbling the ball like he was making an AND1 video. I don't blame rondo a bit.

Bulls_fan90
10-31-2012, 02:26 AM
Was a little dirty but I love the competitiveness Rondo shows. I never used to like Rondo but he's become one of my fav players in the NBA. Heart of a champion.

yonkerschampX4
10-31-2012, 02:31 AM
rondo will fold

Cubby
10-31-2012, 02:32 AM
If that's a punk play, then what was Wade intentionally pulling down Rondo two years ago and breaking his arm?

Bulls_fan90
10-31-2012, 02:34 AM
If that's a punk play, then what was Wade intentionally pulling down Rondo two years ago and breaking his arm?

My exact thoughts while watching the video.

*Silver&Black*
10-31-2012, 02:35 AM
We need more Rondos' in the NBA. My fav non-Hawk.

rex.reyesiii
10-31-2012, 02:39 AM
My exact thoughts while watching the video.

Well you should like Wade's competitiveness too then. Heart of a Champion. ;)

Rondo - 1 Ring
Wade - 2 Rings

Was a little dirty but I love the competitiveness Rondo shows. I never used to like Rondo but he's become one of my fav players in the NBA. Heart of a champion.

Mr_Jones
10-31-2012, 02:39 AM
Wade whines so much, jesus christ. Play ball. Grab balls. Go homosexuality!

yonkerschampX4
10-31-2012, 02:46 AM
the only reason rondo is getting love is because rose is still out this is the same guy that drove the legend ray allen out of boston and into MIAMI jersey

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-31-2012, 02:47 AM
Wade whines so much, jesus christ. Play ball. Grab balls. Go homosexuality!

:laugh:

rex.reyesiii
10-31-2012, 02:53 AM
:laugh:

oh noez! :speechless:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-31-2012, 03:00 AM
oh noez! :speechless:

Ah hellz noez! :ohno:

Flashsides
10-31-2012, 03:07 AM
I love Rondo's game but he's getting less and less impressive as a person to me. He has a punk attitude and it's not "heart," it's a chip on his shoulder, and it's not fun or cool. It's old and it's played out.

People like Skip Bayless probably love it because they want players to hate each other but people who understand basketball and love it as a sport don't need a storyline to enjoy the game and don't need dangerous stuff like this happening.

Literally not a word of that is true.

Aust
10-31-2012, 05:37 AM
Cmon Wade, really? You are so much better than that.
I guess breaking Kobe's nose in an ALL-STAR game is just a love tap huh?
He's done a lot of dirty **** too. The old Wade wouldn't have said ****, smh he's disappointed me this year.

SteBO
10-31-2012, 05:43 AM
Cmon Wade, really? You are so much better than that.
I guess breaking Kobe's nose in an ALL-STAR game is just a love tap huh?
He's done a lot of dirty **** too. The old Wade wouldn't have said ****, smh he's disappointed me this year.
Well, Wade had no intentions of breaking Kobe's nose during the game, though the foul was a bit out of place. As far as Rondo, I don't expect any class or any sort of sportsmanship from him anyway so I'd be lying to people if I said I was surprised by this. Oh we'll. We move on.

AlmostThere
10-31-2012, 06:11 AM
Wade would know a dirty play since he makes them all the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWZzngL3zXs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It was a hard foul no more.

Green_Monster
10-31-2012, 06:56 AM
It wasn't even that bad.

What about when Wade dislocated Rondo's elbow?

levignjw
10-31-2012, 07:14 AM
oh snap

Nothing will happen - it's the NBA.

JNoel
10-31-2012, 07:24 AM
The game was already decided and wade was showing off, or rubbing it on their face however u wanna put it. He was dribbling the ball like he was making an AND1 video. I don't blame rondo a bit.

Stay classy Knickerbockers.

tht_one_guy
10-31-2012, 07:36 AM
thts karma for him i still think someone from the pacers should have taken out his knee for the cheap shot on Darren Collison he delivered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMLnOTewYGg

_Supreme_
10-31-2012, 07:38 AM
All the Celtics fans bringing up/crying about Rondo hurting his elbow certainly must not mean the play that Rondo initiated by hanging all over Wade from the back, pounding the other elbow into Wade's neck area, trying to wrestle him down because he isn't capable of defending him in a normal fashion, only to be taken along for the ride to the ground?

Because that is somehow not karma hitting sneaky little Rondo in the face (or rather, elbow), but a dirty play by Wade... right? really? :rolleyes:

JasonJohnHorn
10-31-2012, 08:05 AM
It looked like Wade was about to pull a Barkley and throw the ball at Rondo's head! lol
That would have been sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0vCaZkULds

I love the intensity! This is what rivalries are all about. I remember back in the day Detroit and Chicago couldn't play a game without at least two players being ejected! lol

Gram
10-31-2012, 08:10 AM
thts karma for him i still think someone from the pacers should have taken out his knee for the cheap shot on Darren Collison he delivered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMLnOTewYGg

Agreed.

ZHawk1123
10-31-2012, 08:11 AM
This is actually an issue? It's the NBA... This stuff should happen between these teams every single time they meet!

Get over it.

SteBO
10-31-2012, 08:13 AM
This is actually an issue? It's the NBA... This stuff should happen between these teams every single time they meet!

Get over it.
It isn't much of an issue at all actually. It was a punk play. Nothing new here.

_Supreme_
10-31-2012, 08:15 AM
This is actually an issue?

It shouldn't be, but you know how the media likes to stir up the pot and trigger drama with the fans.

mjm07
10-31-2012, 08:20 AM

An accident.

JNoel
10-31-2012, 08:22 AM
What goes around, comes around.

69centers
10-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Wade's one of the dirtiest players in the league. That wasn't restraint, it was just Wade thinking it would be too obvious if I retalliated now. He'll just stick it into a game down the road where it will look legit.

How about when Wade backed his hip up into a driving Jeff Green earlier in the game? That play could have caused a lot more injury to Green than what Rondo did to Wade. Wade is famous for getting away with those in game dirty plays. Rondo's gets the attention because it's late in the game and too blatant. He needs to be more discreet with his dirty plays, like Wade is.

BSplaya2121
10-31-2012, 08:24 AM
we are talking about this foul? how about the one where garnett was running down the court and put his elbows up and Chalmers fakes getting hit by it drawing the foul on garnett. First flop of the year, that is the one that should be talked about

69centers
10-31-2012, 08:26 AM
we are talking about this foul? how about the one where garnett was running down the court and put his elbows up and Chalmers fakes getting hit by it drawing the foul on garnett. First flop of the year, that is the one that should be talked about

Yes, Chalmers better be fined on that or the new rule is a joke.

SteBO
10-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Was that where they whistled KG for an offensive foul? I thought it was later in the possession.....

JNoel
10-31-2012, 08:29 AM
Wade's one of the dirtiest players in the league. That wasn't restraint, it was just Wade thinking it would be too obvious if I retalliated now. He'll just stick it into a game down the road where it will look legit.

How about when Wade backed his hip up into a driving Jeff Green earlier in the game? That play could have caused a lot more injury to Green than what Rondo did to Wade. Wade is famous for getting away with those in game dirty plays. Rondo's gets the attention because it's late in the game and too blatant. He needs to be more discreet with his dirty plays, like Wade is.

I knew someone would bring this up. Wade stood still defending and Green basically jumped into Wade and the reaction was the collision between the two. Wade was a good sport after anyways, as he helped Green up. You don't see Rondo apologizing or being a good sport to Wade after clotheslining him.

mjm07
10-31-2012, 08:31 AM

It was still a close game with less than 3 min to go. The game wasn't decided yet. What did you want him to do..let the shot clock expire?

69centers
10-31-2012, 08:32 AM
I knew someone would bring this up. Wade stood still defending and Green basically jumped into Wade and the reaction was the collision between the two. Wade was a good sport after anyways, as he helped Green up. You don't see Rondo apologizing or being a good sport to Wade after clotheslining him.

No, that's classic Wade. Watch it again and you'll see how he backed his butt up into Green. It's dirty. A normal player would move the opposite direction or stop, but Wade keeps moving up and under Green's body. Wade is famous for his "follow throughs" in his fouls. Like how he "fell" on Rondo and dislocated his arm in the playoffs. It causes injury and it has no place in the game.

YEDN90
10-31-2012, 08:33 AM
You can find a "dirty" play by about 90% of the league.

It happens.

mjm07
10-31-2012, 08:33 AM

1st time i here anyone say this.

How ironic coming from a guy with a pic of KG as his sig.

69centers
10-31-2012, 08:34 AM
You can find a "dirty" play by about 90% of the league.

It happens.

Yes, but there a few notable players who follow through too much on their fouls. Artest, Bowen, Wade, and James Posey certainly come to mind right away.

Chavacano
10-31-2012, 08:43 AM
As I've said in the GT, it was unwarranted but meh, whatever. We need more of this for entertainment. :D

bloomis1307
10-31-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm a Celtics fan and thought that the foul wade on Jeff Green wasn't too bad.....He shouldn't of undercut him (backed in) but I think he was trying to purposely foul green and then got caught in a no win situation and turned to protect himself. The fact that he immediately tried helping Green up is cool in my book too. As for the Rondo foul I didn't even think it was flagrant worthy.....It was more on his shoulder and as he spun it moved to his neck area. It's not like rondo threw him to the ground he was just trying to prevent the drive. That flop by Chalmers pissed me off but didn't Garnet club him in the face on a breakaway later? I honestly think it was a much closer game than the box score dictates. Celtics need some time to gel with their new parts and get some of that much needed bench production.

MagicHero3
10-31-2012, 09:00 AM
really? this is threadworthy? eh. yeah, it was a foul...but i didnt think it warranted any type of comments or attention. is this the part where heat fans blow up every little thing that happens? Wade is infamous for his cheap shot fouls, does he really have any place to complain about THAT?

tonyd3b54
10-31-2012, 09:02 AM
yupp and wades stiff arm hook to the face earlier that wasnt called was ok tho... the nba officiating is a joke. heat get everything when they go to the hoop yet any celtic that drives has to cover up their butt hole. if you have the spotlight on you, you get whatever you want. heat are the team with the spotlight right now.

HiphopRelated
10-31-2012, 09:11 AM
lol @ someone running at you raising their elbows at your head and you not flinching

Chalmers didn't try to do anything except get out of the way....blame the refs for calling a foul and KG for being an idiot

Hardaway Here
10-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Don't bring up the time when Rondo got his elbow dislocated watch the clip again that was all gravity and rondo was behind wade with wade coming down on him wade didn't push pull or throw rondo in any way shape or form these Boston fans I swear. Especially the one with KG pic and you're saying Wade is cheap he got notes from your boy KG. If you believe Wade is dirty and don't put KG on the same tab your opinion is completely biased and invalid.

Badluck33
10-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Wade shouldn't of got in Rondo's way. Maybe if he passes the ball more he wouldn't have to worry about people defending him.

I can't see it any other way but this is entirely Wade's fault.

Hardaway Here
10-31-2012, 09:13 AM
lol @ someone running at you raising their elbows at your head and you not flinching

Chalmers didn't try to do anything except get out of the way....blame the refs for calling a foul and KG for being an idiot

thank you anybody watching the game with a head that works can clearly see chalmers getting out of the way don't have to be a genius to notice that. Anything to discredit the heat smh.

justinnum1
10-31-2012, 09:14 AM
refs **** is starting early this year i see

Hardaway Here
10-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Wade shouldn't of got in Rondo's way. Maybe if he passes the ball more he wouldn't have to worry about people defending him.

I can't see it any other way but this is entirely Wade's fault.

lol this made laugh hard when i read it cuz i know there is no way you are serious.

SteBO
10-31-2012, 09:15 AM
I can't understand why people just can't admit that Rondo acted like a petulant child on that play. When people have to bring up the delusions of Wade dislocating Rondo's elbow "2 bleeping ago", then you know they have no real argument.

SteBO
10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
lol this made laugh hard when i read it cuz i know there is no way you are serious.
He is. According to most people commenting in here, Miami can do no right. Even when an opposing player pulls a legitamite ***** move against the Heat, Miami will get the brunt of criticism. Imagine if this happened vice versa.......

Hardaway Here
10-31-2012, 09:24 AM
He is. According to most people commenting in here, Miami can do no right. Even when an opposing player pulls a legitamite ***** move against the Heat, Miami will get the brunt of criticism. Imagine if this happened vice versa.......

yeah it's just sad how deep the hate runs and its not even against the heat they are really just mad at the fact lebron didn't join their team. I for one never wanted him with Wade but what's done is done

leprechaun5
10-31-2012, 09:25 AM
it's not the first time rondo does things like this , btw he got a technical and a flagrant last night , each year we have to pray for him to grow up , just can't see that happening.

Hardaway Here
10-31-2012, 09:27 AM
it's not the first time rondo does things like this , btw he got a technical and a flagrant last night , each year we have to pray for him to grow up , just can't see that happening.

thank you for being a non biased automatic heat hating Boston fan I'll have to take note of your name for the future.

Bullsfan22
10-31-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't think the play was that bad but it was a little excessive.

Rondo's defense was atrocious. He let Chalmers and Ray Allen blow past him all game to reach and try to poke the ball out from behind.

StarvingKnick22
10-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Meh, Ive seen alot worse.

ChitownBears22
10-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Last time I checked this is a new NBA season. What happened between Rondo and Wade 2 years ago was bad but if Rondo isn't over it then he will never grow up. What he did last night was stupid. In two years I will not care but right now it shows how far he has not matured since entering the league.

NickyNick
10-31-2012, 09:34 AM
thank you for being a non biased automatic heat hating Boston fan I'll have to take note of your name for the future.

lamest post of the year goes to.....drumroll please.....Hardaway here!! Congrats man

ChitownBears22
10-31-2012, 09:38 AM
lamest post of the year goes to.....drumroll please.....Hardaway here!! Congrats man

Irrelevant poster of the year is.........drumroll.....................Nickynick

pacofunk64
10-31-2012, 09:44 AM
It wasn't even that bad...I don't think it should have been a flagrant.

ChitownBears22
10-31-2012, 09:49 AM

Vikes/Bulls/Cubs/Hawkeyes

It was a flagrant. Read the rule then come and create and unbias opinion......fool

leprechaun5

Section IV--Flagrant Foul
a. If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpreted to be unnecessary, a flagrant foul--penalty (1) will be assessed. A personal foul is charged to the offender and a team foul is charged to the team.

Im_in_Mia_bish
rondo is a little girl.
that foul was clearly a frustration foul because we were tearing that az up.

however, thats just how he is, both teams will get better so when they meet in the playoffs, it should be even chippier!

justinnum1
10-31-2012, 09:54 AM

Irrelevant poster of the year is.........drumroll.....................Nickynick
lol

Rivera
10-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Wah wah wah get over it wade didnt even go to the floor its a hard foul move on

CavsYanksDuke
10-31-2012, 10:21 AM
rondo has spent to much time around garnett.

Ding! Ding! Ding! *Gustavo blows up*

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-31-2012, 10:25 AM
alright i guess pittman is playing next time the heat play the celtics, i wish juwan howard was playing tho :(

ChitownBears22
10-31-2012, 10:26 AM

Does the rule on flagrant fouls say anything about a player going to the floor? No it is a foul that is not a basketball play. What Rondo did was not a basketball play, it was thuggery. He got a flagrant, will get fined and maybe someday he will grow up and play the game the way it is supposed to be played.

ewing
10-31-2012, 10:29 AM

That's exactly what i thought

ChitownBears22
10-31-2012, 10:30 AM
That's exactly what i thought

And you are as wrong and clueless as the quoted poster.

69centers
10-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Wade better not retaliate next game if Darko's on the floor:

Darko:
“I’ll do whatever it takes, whatever I need to do to help this team,” he told CSNNE.com “So now, if I have to go kill someone on the court, I’ll kill someone on the court.”

Link (http://dimemag.com/2012/10/darko-is-ready-to-kill-someone-the-nuggets-want-stealth/)

Corey
10-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Overreaction from fans.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-31-2012, 10:34 AM

Darko:

Link (http://dimemag.com/2012/10/darko-is-ready-to-kill-someone-the-nuggets-want-stealth/)

lol noone is scared of darko.

ChicagoJ
10-31-2012, 10:43 AM
I have to agree with wade. It was a punk move by rondo. I said before the game started that I like rondo as a player, but he comes across as a punk sometimes. It wasn't that far over the top, but he definitely went for his neck on purpose which makes him look like a sore looser.

Fnom11
10-31-2012, 10:43 AM

Not sure if srs. Wade clearly wanted to block that and saw Green already had him beat and tried to back off.

Fnom11
10-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Are you people serious when you claim Chalmers flopped? It's called flinching. Garnett is like a whole foot taller than Chalmers and acted like he was going to swing an elbow, which he DOES every offensive possession. Some of you people are the biggest homers I've ever seen.

Munkeysuit
10-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Wade got away with a little hook, but who cares? it's not like Boston don't play dirty too, I am glad Wade tries to punk Boston every chance he gets, we need that kind of mentality, nobody is going to come in AAA and boss the Heat around period!
The flagrant on Rondo wasn't really that bad, but nowadays anything in the head n neck area can be serious so I am glad they called it as they did. No need to go at Rondo the next time they play though, that wasn't the type of foul you retaliate from. Rondo was just frustrated is all.

kswissdaf
10-31-2012, 11:06 AM

Darko:

Pretty sure UD would kick the **** out of that scrub

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-31-2012, 11:08 AM
darko is like one of the softest players in the nba. heck bosh could beat him up.

typical european styled player.

Baller1
10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Wasn't even that bad. Punk move? Yes. Worth getting riled over? No.

sp1derm00
10-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Wow.

Watching the play, it looked like Rondo didn't intentionally try to hook Wade and throw him down. He was going for a strip/block and got hooked onto Wade while swiping for it. He didn't try to throw Wade to the ground or anything, just stop him from getting easy points.

If Rondo wanted to, he could have easily thrown Wade to the ground, having Wade hooked like that. Just my interpretation though, I know others will see it in a different light.

jasondrobinson
10-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Rondo better be careful or Dwyane wont invite him to join the Heat when he becomes a free agent. It'd be a sad day if NBA players started to dislike players on different teams.

kdspurman
10-31-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm shocked there's a thread for this. Really wasn't that serious, got a flagrant 1 which was warranted. No fine or suspension should come of this, unless the league is just really getting soft.

Wade has committed frustration fouls in his time, saying it's a punk move is very D-Wade-ish to say the least in that he is constantly complaining.

Sure everyone remembers what he did to Kobe in the ALL STAR game... It's part of the game unless he labels his a punk move as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmom7shnrn0

Rivera
10-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Does the rule on flagrant fouls say anything about a player going to the floor? No it is a foul that is not a basketball play. What Rondo did was not a basketball play, it was thuggery. He got a flagrant, will get fined and maybe someday he will grow up and play the game the way it is supposed to be played.

and did he get a flagrant called on him like he should? yes! get over it this is professional basketball not pickup basketball and rondo got tired of seeing a rival go to the basket at will and he has history with wade i have 0 problem with it

its hard basketball and rondo sent a message to wade and the heat. he got dealt with by the refs its not like he got away with it

move on

Overreaction from fans.

this

Wasn't even that bad. Punk move? Yes. Worth getting riled over? No.

and this

MassoDio
10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Anyone who is upset over this should go watch golf.

Seriously, some fans are getting as soft as the players are now. And Wade should shut his mouth, he has committed many fouls that are far worse than this.

When the hell did the NBA, it's players, and many of it's fans turn into a powder puff league?

torocan
10-31-2012, 12:50 PM
It was a flagrant 1, but one of the weakest flagrants I've seen in some time.

I wouldn't be surprised if the officials were laughing about it later.

Not a big deal. I doubt Wade or Rondo is losing any sleep over it.

Eg714
10-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Any other player and it would of been a punk move but d wade is such a dirty player himself. Rondo plays with passion.

Ebbs
10-31-2012, 01:05 PM
I hope it's gets ****ing ugly this season lol. They need to meet at some point in the playoffs

Hustla23
10-31-2012, 01:11 PM
...... That's seriously a flagrant foul?

That would be a borderline normal foul 15 years ago.

Man this crap they call NBA basketball just gets worse and worse.

The goods
10-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Didn't Wade break Rondo's arm 2 years ago and didn't he break kobes nose last year in an all star game? Yeah he's one to call a foul a punk move you want to see a clothesline watch what Raja Bell did to Kobe, didn't see Kobe whine.

Sadds The Gr8
10-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Wade is a ****in baby

BSplaya2121
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Are you people serious when you claim Chalmers flopped? It's called flinching. Garnett is like a whole foot taller than Chalmers and acted like he was going to swing an elbow, which he DOES every offensive possession. Some of you people are the biggest homers I've ever seen.

Actually, I was the one who brought it up (im a knicks fan), and garnett had his elbows up 2 seconds before he crossed chalmers. He could have easily steped to the side

hugepatsfan
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Meh wasn't that bad. Rondo's a little punk though and I love it.

Max.This
10-31-2012, 01:42 PM
It wasn't even that bad.

HiphopRelated
10-31-2012, 01:43 PM
and get over the Wade breaking Rondo's elbow ****.

Rondo tied him up preventing Wade from chasing a loose ball, they both fell in the struggle and Rondo broke his arm. Wade always gets in Rondo's head, that's Rondo's problem, not Wade's.

A "dirty play" was when Wade forearmed Rip Hamilton to send a message.

Max.This
10-31-2012, 01:45 PM

Rondo tied him up preventing Wade from chasing a loose ball, they both fell in the struggle and Rondo broke his arm. Wade always gets in Rondo's head, that's Rondo's problem, not Wade's.

Perhaps the moral of that story was that Rondo shut his mouth and played the game, while Wade *****ed about a foul that was generously given a flagrant

SteBO
10-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Perhaps the moral of that story was that Rondo shut his mouth and played the game, while Wade *****ed about a foul that was generously given a flagrant
You're reaching. He was asked a question about the play and he responded to it. You're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Secondly, you mean to tell me that grabbing a player across the neck to foul without any play being made on the ball isn't a flagrant? If this is the case, then you need to read the rules.

Hardaway Here
10-31-2012, 02:20 PM
No point in trying to tell some of the other non heat fan posters whether it was a flagrant or not they will still complain. Was the flagrant all extra intense or really hard and serious no it wasn't, but it still doesn't change the fact that it was a flagrant. Why do you think they have flagrant 1 and 2's. It was a flagrant 1 a mild foul that clearly wasn't a play on the ball enough said.

SportsFanatic10
10-31-2012, 03:20 PM

Darko:

lol what a joke. nobody is scared of that soft *** *****. haslem or pittman would handle him with ease.

SportsFanatic10
10-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Yes, Chalmers better be fined on that or the new rule is a joke.

fined for dodging an elbow? lol ok there. a flop would be chalmers acting like he got hit maybe falling down. all he did is move his head to the side to avoid the elbow kg was threatening to give him. haha some people are so blind with homerism. plus kg later raked him across the head with his arm when chalmers was on a fastbreak anyways. coulda got a flagrant on that one but didn't, so you have nothing to complain about.

BIG worm
10-31-2012, 03:41 PM
that call had nothing to do with chalmers. he didnt flop, the ref was an idiot and made a terrible call.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-31-2012, 03:55 PM

Except, for Wade to ***** about the flagrant after the game, it indicates that this time, Rondo is in Wade's head.

HiphopRelated
10-31-2012, 04:09 PM
not really, Wade was laughing at him when it happened. Only 1 player was frustrated and it wasn't Wade

TheIlladelph16
10-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Except, for Wade to ***** about the flagrant after the game, it indicates that this time, Rondo is in Wade's head.

While he should have just shrugged it off and laughed in the interview, Wade was directly asked about the play. The demeanor and choice of words could have been better, but he was responding to a direct question I believe. Hardly qualifies as ***** about the call.

This entire thing is blown out of proportion. By the book it was a flagrant (and called as such) and it has only helped fuel an already great rivalry, so I see no issue either way here.

Byronicle
10-31-2012, 04:21 PM
it wasn't bad but it would've been worst if momentum made Wade jumped up, only to be slammed down on his glass body

and with that said, we all know wade gets hurt, he busted his ankles, his shoulders, etc. etc.

and knowing that a player gets hurt, why flagrant foul him? especially that late in the game when its completely over?

im not a heat fan, but its obvious that Rondo had ill intentions, and that was a punk move which could've been much worst.

Vincent33
10-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Punk move by Rondo yeah, the game was already over with Miami up 11 in the last like 25sec and Wade decides to take it to the basket anyways? I'd foul his *** hard too.

Aust
10-31-2012, 05:15 PM

Miami isn't being criticized, at least not by me. I always believed Wade was the type of guy who wouldn't run his mouth like that. I always pictured him in the same boat as Kobe, who wouldn't have said ****.

We all know it was a punk move by Rondo. But when Wade calls him out like that it makes him look like a hypocrite.

Max.This
10-31-2012, 05:17 PM
You're reaching. He was asked a question about the play and he responded to it. You're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Secondly, you mean to tell me that grabbing a player across the neck to foul without any play being made on the ball isn't a flagrant? If this is the case, then you need to read the rules.

Right. Let's be realistic here. If you weren't a heat fan would you be saying the same thing?

Jesse2272
10-31-2012, 05:32 PM
He obviously went for the shoulder, motion moved him towards the neck his hand firmed on the shoulder preventing a clothes line, the hook was just part of wades momentum not intentional, Rondo did not clothes line, Wade did not hook, good hard foul:clap:

Hardaway Here
10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Right. Let's be realistic here. If you weren't a heat fan would you be saying the same thing?

What does being a heat fan have anything to do with the fact that it was a flagrant foul could of been any other 2 players in the league doesn't change the fact that it was a flagrant it wasn't a hard one but it was one nonetheless

nykallday7
10-31-2012, 05:53 PM
starting to like rondo more and more

kdspurman
10-31-2012, 06:37 PM
While he should have just shrugged it off and laughed in the interview, Wade was directly asked about the play. The demeanor and choice of words could have been better, but he was responding to a direct question I believe. Hardly qualifies as ***** about the call.

This entire thing is blown out of proportion. By the book it was a flagrant (and called as such) and it has only helped fuel an already great rivalry, so I see no issue either way here.

I think he could've easily declined to comment, or something to that affect. But he went out of his way to call it a punk play, and said the league will take care of it, and that he was clotheslined with 2 hands, and we'll see next time we play etc...

Wade is a seasoned vet, I just think although Rondo was wrong (but the foul was not even that serious) maybe Wade takes the higher road.

RLundi
10-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Rondo is a punk.

BleedingGreen9
10-31-2012, 07:47 PM
i wish he knocked his ****en teeth out

justinnum1
10-31-2012, 07:57 PM
careful rondo, wade might break your arm again ;)

KNICKS R BACK
10-31-2012, 08:10 PM
wade needs to cut the crap, it really wasnt even that bad and wade does dirty stuff like that ALL THE TIME

KNICKS R BACK
10-31-2012, 08:12 PM

or wade might hurt his own arm and then leave the arena in a wheelchair again

ThunderousDemon
10-31-2012, 08:16 PM

http://www.windycitybanter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/wade-crying.jpg

Supreme LA
10-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Are all of you guys being serious right now??? It wasn't even dirty. Rondo grabbed his shoulders and didn't even touch his neck. Go back and watch te replay carefully please :facepalm:

SteBO
10-31-2012, 09:42 PM

Yup. Why you may ask? Because it is what it is. Rondo behaved very immaturely, and there's simply no getting around it. There's nothing wrong with what Wade said.

I've read enough comments on this board long enough to know that had the situation been reversed, some of you would singing a different tune. I've just had it with the silly hypocrisy and double standards when it comes with this team and its players.

DeRaptor95
10-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Sore loser

Quinnsanity
10-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Is Dwyane Wade really commenting on someone's level of class? Seriously? Darren Collison is shaking his head right now. So is Mike Bibby's shoe.

Auseranami
10-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Wade has had way too many punk plays the last couple years to call someone else out on a play. Just shows how ridiculously arrogant he has become since the big three was created.

FlashMacker
10-31-2012, 10:37 PM
What goes around, comes around.

What goes around, goes around, goes around, comes all the way back around. :D

Matter.
10-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Wade shouldnt even say anything

69centers
11-01-2012, 09:14 PM
"I didn't think it was that hard," Rivers told CSNNE.com. "My thought was, Wade, I know where he grew up. I thought he was tougher than that."

Link (http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Rivers-Rondo-fire-back-at-Wade-over-punk?blockID=796611&feedID=3352)

:clap: Yes, Doc!

Max.This
11-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Link (http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Rivers-Rondo-fire-back-at-Wade-over-punk?blockID=796611&feedID=3352)

:clap: Yes, Doc!

I must say though... it was really weird to not see wade flail. If this play had occurred last year he would've been in the 3rd row

SteBO
11-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Doc can say whatever he wants to. Rondo acted the fool. Plain and simple.

unleashthebeast
11-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I wonder what Doc would be saying if this was the other way around, and Wade was the player that acted immature at the end of the game after a loss and decided to take it out on Rondo. I'm sure Doc would be singing a much different tune.

Regardless of what team you are a fan of, this type of play has no place in the NBA.

emau5
11-01-2012, 09:30 PM
am i the only one who thinks this was not a big deal at all? IMO the game could stand to get more physical and im not a fan of this buddy-buddy stuff now...good to see and im not a celtics fan/heat hater by any means

69centers
11-01-2012, 09:42 PM
The play that Wade knocked Rondo's elbow out of whack in the playoffs 2 years ago, and the play where he raked Rondo across the face at the end of Game 2 of the ECF last year (and no foul was called) were big deals. They both factored heavily into wins for Miami. Rondo's foul on Wade was not a big deal in the least. It didn't change the game one bit.

‘‘I don’t think it was a hard foul,’’ Rondo said after practice on Thursday. ‘‘He sold it a little bit, and that’s basketball. They were up and they drove to the hole; I didn’t want to give up a layup. It’s as simple as that. I didn’t yank him down.’’

Link (http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/2012/11/01/rondo-wade-sold-hard-foul-season-opener/a4Ki8xs9waLQigmxrrSHkJ/story.html)

justinnum1
11-01-2012, 10:41 PM
rondo mad.

Arch Stanton
11-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Histrionics. Much to do about nothing.

Hardaway Here
11-02-2012, 01:54 PM
The play that Wade knocked Rondo's elbow out of whack in the playoffs 2 years ago, and the play where he raked Rondo across the face at the end of Game 2 of the ECF last year (and no foul was called) were big deals. They both factored heavily into wins for Miami. Rondo's foul on Wade was not a big deal in the least. It didn't change the game one bit.

Your an idiot and blind Wade never touched Rondo's elbow they both went to the ground and Rondo landed on it awkwardly watch it again. So you can cry about it some more. And Wade barely touched him when he so called "raked" him across the face you seriously need glasses