PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger out "indefinitely"

dnewguy
10-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Per Pacers sources: Granger has "soreness in his left knee and will be out indefinitely".

Does this solidify Bulls as top 3 in east?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-30-2012, 12:14 PM
miami
boston
philly

imo

Tmath
10-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Hopefully my Raptors can take advantage tomorrow night.

carruthers32
10-30-2012, 12:37 PM

Yeah buddy!!! I'll be there row 17 along the side.

Dade County
10-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Pacers need a star and until they get one, they'll be just another good team.

PleaseBeNice
10-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Kings need to take advantage of this. We probably still lose to the bulls, but the pacers game looks winnable now, as does the t wolves game without love and rubio...i hope

Stinkyoutsider
10-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I didn't realize Granger was that important part of their team until I saw them play the Bulls in preseason. He seems like a glue guy who keeps the rest of the team together and focused?

They've got a good group and I would like to see the Pacers add one more great bench player to help them get to be a potential championship contender.

IndyRealist
10-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I didn't realize Granger was that important part of their team until I saw them play the Bulls in preseason. He seems like a glue guy who keeps the rest of the team together and focused?

They've got a good group and I would like to see the Pacers add one more great bench player to help them get to be a potential championship contender.

This. Regardless of his numbers, he makes the team run.

aman_13
10-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Granger is important, he's a glue guy who can play defense and hit shots from the perimeter, an area the Pacers struggle, at least from what I have seen in the playoffs against the Heat.

king4day
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Per Pacers sources: Granger has "soreness in his left knee and will be out indefinitely".

Does this solidify Bulls as top 3 in east?

Boston, Philly, NY, BKN will be tough to get by with Rose out for a half season

Wrench
10-30-2012, 01:59 PM

Half? Everything I hear is is might not even play at all in the regular season, maybe 15 games.

ombada
10-30-2012, 02:04 PM
you guys are drastically overvaluing granger. As a Pacers fan i can tell you that it wont hurt us as much as everyone here is indicating. There have been stretches for the last 3 years or so that Granger could not play for some reason or another and we usually post a nice record in those games. This year the rest of the team is so strong, its not even clear if he is our best player anymore. most likely starting line-up...

PG: Hill
SG: Green
SF: George
PF: West
C: Hibbert

I dont think we will have many problems.

jp611
10-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Half? Everything I hear is is might not even play at all in the regular season, maybe 15 games.

Actually he's way ahead of schedule and in todays day and age you come back from ACL injuries much faster... He is doing shoot arounds without a brace and is still rehabbing heavily... He will be back by January

nycericanguy
10-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Ironic, IND was one of the luckiest teams last year in terms of injuries... now Granger is out before having even played 1 game.

This is why i'm not sold on IND, because most teams go through SOME injuries, IND last year was sort of a "best case scenario" that rarely happens.

3mikee_
10-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Green will be an adequate backup for Granger.

The "indefinite" tag is probably the most annoying thing somebody can say about an injury.

dnewguy
10-30-2012, 02:07 PM

The Bulls are better than everyone in the east except Mia and Bos even w/o Rose. Can we stop lumping the Knicks and Nets with everyone else until they get out of atleast the first round? Thanks.

heyman321
10-30-2012, 02:08 PM
GOd the raptors better get a win tomorrow.

dnewguy
10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
GOd the raptors better get a win tomorrow.

What are you exactly expecting out of the Raptors this season? The 8th spot?

koreancabbage
10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
The Bulls are better than everyone in the east except Mia and Bos even w/o Rose. Can we stop lumping the Knicks and Nets with everyone else until they get out of atleast the first round? Thanks.

I would say that Bulls are better than Knicks and Nets just b/c of their spectacular defense and factor in the chuckers on the Knicks and Nets. Only thing going for the Knicks is that they have great defense as well. Short stick goes to the Nets who probably can't even defend a beach ball from going into a hockey net as a fully padded goalie .

koreancabbage
10-30-2012, 02:13 PM

anything 5 to 8 is open up in the East. From historical preseason numbers and odds, fortune might around the corner for the Raps when it comes to preseason success.

heyman321
10-30-2012, 02:16 PM

I'm not expecting for playoffs but I am hoping for it. The east is so crappy anyways, any team realistically could get in except for like the Bobcats.

IndyRealist
10-30-2012, 02:21 PM
you guys are drastically overvaluing granger. As a Pacers fan i can tell you that it wont hurt us as much as everyone here is indicating. There have been stretches for the last 3 years or so that Granger could not play for some reason or another and we usually post a nice record in those games. This year the rest of the team is so strong, its not even clear if he is our best player anymore. most likely starting line-up...

PG: Hill
SG: Green
SF: George
PF: West
C: Hibbert

I dont think we will have many problems.

Whenever Danny's been out, the Pacers strugglde on both sides of the ball. We have a new bench now so it might be different, but we got whupped when Granger didn't play.

Ezio
10-30-2012, 02:23 PM
George needs to shine. Isn't Granger a FA this year?

dnewguy
10-30-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm not expecting for playoffs but I am hoping for it. The east is so crappy anyways, any team realistically could get in except for like the Bobcats.

I don't see any difference between the Raptors and the Bobcats.

PacersForLife
10-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Wow, you people do realize that Danny Granger doesn't have to score 25 a night for us to win a game now don't you? I mean sure, this injury hurts us. But this team is built on depth and we still have plenty of guys who can score.

This will be a good test for Paul George. We slide him to the 3, apparently we will start Sam Young in Granger's place. Gerald Green can come in and score, he's more than just a dunker.

This does not hurt us as much as some of you are making it out to. We'll be fine, just cause we lost Danny doesn't mean we are automatically some .500 team now. Heck, we don't even know how long he'll be out.

jp611
10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
I mean I think they will be fine for now, but the soreness in the knee is a concern and if it lingers and he eventually needs surgery he may be out for awhile, and you're going to need him come playoff time

That's the concern.

PacersForLife
10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Kings need to take advantage of this. We probably still lose to the bulls, but the pacers game looks winnable now, as does the t wolves game without love and rubio...i hope

If losing Granger means we lose to both of these teams, especially be a significant margin. We might as well trade away the whole team... I don't understand why it makes us the Bobcats when we still have David West, Roy Hibbert, Paul George, and even George Hill. Gerald Green and Mahinmi will surprise a few people I think as well...

Leach11
10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't see any difference between the Raptors and the Bobcats.

Lol, then you must not know a single thing about basketball. That or you're a troll.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2012, 03:11 PM
still think they end up 3rd in the east unless more injuries start up

PacersForLife
10-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I mean I think they will be fine for now, but the soreness in the knee is a concern and if it lingers and he eventually needs surgery he may be out for awhile, and you're going to need him come playoff time

That's the concern.

This is true, but people act like we should be getting blown out by the Raptors and Kings now or something.

odiz
10-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Pacers need a star and until they get one, they'll be just another good team.

This. The Pacers are not going to win with the group they have. They will never be more then a 3 or 4 seed, 2nd round exit team. You cant win without a genuine go to superstar scorer, especially in todays NBA.

aman_13
10-30-2012, 04:53 PM
This is true, but people act like we should be getting blown out by the Raptors and Kings now or something.

Who is saying that? Granger has been a Raptor killer and with him out the chances of winning increase on opening night.

JordansBulls
10-30-2012, 05:47 PM
miami
boston
philly

imo

Isn't Bynum injured as well?

Hell other than Miami the top teams are missing players.

Bulls - Rose
Pacers - Granger
Knicks - Amare
Philly - Bynum