PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings: Harden trade shakes up the top

koreancabbage
10-30-2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/powerrankings/10/29/preseason/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt6b

what do you think?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-30-2012, 12:10 PM
well power rankings are ok, and it has no effect on who will reach the finals or the seeding, so i have no problem, they are not giving okc the benefit of the doubt, and thats fine, i personally think okc should be second, but oh well.

C_Mund
10-30-2012, 12:42 PM
well power rankings are ok, and it has no effect on who will reach the finals or the seeding, so i have no problem, they are not giving okc the benefit of the doubt, and thats fine, i personally think okc should be second, but oh well.

Yeah, the rankings themselves are pretty ambiguous until we see how all of the off-season moves shake things up. There's always a team that drops out of the contenders and one that sneaks in unexpectedly. I'll pay more attention to them in a month or so.
....except there's a pretty wicked stat in there at #18....haha yesssssss

Blitzbolt
10-30-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't get why the Nuggets are better then the clipps and grizzlies they are getting way to much hype for no reason.

Hugbees
10-30-2012, 01:03 PM
baddddddddddddd traaaaaaaaaaaaaadeeeeeeee should of waited till the deadline.

Super.
10-30-2012, 01:24 PM
lolwut? Martin damn near carried the Rockets last season, he will straight up FEAST on 2nd units. He's one of the best pure shooters in the NBA.

Gibby23
10-30-2012, 01:28 PM
lolwut? Martin damn near carried the Rockets last season, he will straight up FEAST on 2nd units. He's one of the best pure shooters in the NBA.

No he didn't.

jp611
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Nuggets at 5 is very interesting

Kobe2324
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
i would rank okc 3rd over the spurs but I dont think it's crazy the way it is either, losing Harden makes them a lot less scary because now they have to find a scorer off the bench and im not sure Martin is that guy anymore...

Wrench
10-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Still would have the Thunder 3rd.

koreancabbage
10-30-2012, 02:07 PM
i would rank okc 3rd over the spurs but I dont think it's crazy the way it is either, losing Harden makes them a lot less scary because now they have to find a scorer off the bench and im not sure Martin is that guy anymore...

na i would have the Spurs over OKC in the regular season for sure. Spurs are a pretty darn good team and they are becoming less reliant on Duncan as he gets older. Still a good weapon to have in Duncan - aging gracefully I would say.

3mikee_
10-30-2012, 02:09 PM
I think Denver and Boston should be in the top 4 behind the Lakers and Miami.. Boston is looking lethal and Denver is just so deep. I guess the lack of experience on Denver is why they aren't up there...

koreancabbage
10-30-2012, 02:18 PM
I think Denver and Boston should be in the top 4 behind the Lakers and Miami.. Boston is looking lethal and Denver is just so deep. I guess the lack of experience on Denver is why they aren't up there...

up there as in being top 3? top 5 is pretty darn good.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2012, 02:22 PM

Martin sucked last year, and was benched by McHale.

LAKERMANIA
10-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah I don't understand why the Nuggets are getting this much love.. Getting Iggy is good for them, but better than the Clippers?

Hawkeye15
10-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah I don't understand why the Nuggets are getting this much love.. Getting Iggy is good for them, but better than the Clippers?

thin air at home, and tons of depth to sustain injuries, and play at a furious pace is why. I think if they don't get machine gunned by injuries again, they could easily finish top 3 out west, but come playoff time, when rotations shorten, they don't have a star, so they will fall in round 2.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM

lol no.

sfattahian
10-30-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't get why the Nuggets are better then the clipps and grizzlies they are getting way to much hype for no reason.

it is mid-boggling how the Nuggets are getting over-valued by the "experts" so much. I can't wrap my mind around it. And the Clippers are far better than them, it's not even remotely close.

I'm a Warriors fan and I think our team is even a bit better than Denver. Overall I like our starters better and our bench. I get that Curry and Bogut have injury issues but if healthy, we are at least as good as the Nuggets. I also like Dallas and Memphis as better than Denver by far.

Curry>Lawson
Thompson<Iguodala
Barnes<Gallinari
Lee>Faried - this is close, Faried has defense and upside but Lee is rediculous offensively if you saw him last year and both can rebound. Lee has been an all-star.
Bogut>Mozgov - not even close

Bench:
Jack<Miller
Rush>Brewer
Jefferson<Chandler
Landry>Randolph - not even close
Ezeli<McGee - McGee is so overrated/overpaid, poor man's DeAndre Jordan which aint sayin much.

Plus Warriors have other young talents like Draymon Green and Charles Jenkins.

West should be:

1)Clippers - Adding Billups (back from injury), Crawford, Hill and Odom to a contender, are you kidding me?
2)Lakers
3)OKC
4)Spurs - 12-man rotation
5)Grizzlies - ZBo is in shape... not round
6)Dallas

Then it's close between Denver, Utah and Golden State. Minnesota is without Rubio until the new year so I won't put them up there. Warriors are a Bogut injury away from being out of it too.

Dallas gets not love either, but I think they're clearly better than Denver. They got basically got Collison for Kidd, Mayo for Terry and Kaman for Haywood and added Brand. If Beaubois and Dirk are healthy, they'll be good.

Collison
Mayo
Marion
Dirk
Kaman

Bench:
Beaubois - legit when healthy
Dahante Jones
Jae Crowder
Carter
BWright
Brand

sfattahian
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM
thin air at home, and tons of depth to sustain injuries, and play at a furious pace is why. I think if they don't get machine gunned by injuries again, they could easily finish top 3 out west, but come playoff time, when rotations shorten, they don't have a star, so they will fall in round 2.

Where is this depth beyond Miller, Chandler and McGee?

You're mistaken if you think Anthony Randolph, Cory Brewer and Kosta Koufos = depth to sustain injuries. Fournier is a complete unknown. Jordan Hamilton? PLease.

A team like San Antonio has depth to sustain injuries with 12 or 13 proven NBA contributors, not Denver.

rocket
10-30-2012, 03:57 PM
No the Pistons shouldn't be @ 20.

Need to be underrated!

seikou8
10-30-2012, 03:59 PM
okc is better than the spurs

albertajaysfan
10-30-2012, 04:34 PM
it is mid-boggling how the Nuggets are getting over-valued by the "experts" so much. I can't wrap my mind around it. And the Clippers are far better than them, it's not even remotely close.

I'm a Warriors fan and I think our team is even a bit better than Denver. Overall I like our starters better and our bench. I get that Curry and Bogut have injury issues but if healthy, we are at least as good as the Nuggets. I also like Dallas and Memphis as better than Denver by far.

Curry>Lawson
Thompson<Iguodala
Barnes<Gallinari
Lee>Faried - this is close, Faried has defense and upside but Lee is rediculous offensively if you saw him last year and both can rebound. Lee has been an all-star.
Bogut>Mozgov - not even close

Bench:
Jack<Miller
Rush>Brewer
Jefferson<Chandler
Landry>Randolph - not even close
Ezeli<McGee - McGee is so overrated/overpaid, poor man's DeAndre Jordan which aint sayin much.

Plus Warriors have other young talents like Draymon Green and Charles Jenkins.

West should be:

1)Clippers - Adding Billups (back from injury), Crawford, Hill and Odom to a contender, are you kidding me?
2)Lakers
3)OKC
4)Spurs - 12-man rotation
5)Grizzlies - ZBo is in shape... not round
6)Dallas

Then it's close between Denver, Utah and Golden State. Minnesota is without Rubio until the new year so I won't put them up there. Warriors are a Bogut injury away from being out of it too.

Dallas gets not love either, but I think they're clearly better than Denver. They got basically got Collison for Kidd, Mayo for Terry and Kaman for Haywood and added Brand. If Beaubois and Dirk are healthy, they'll be good.

Collison
Mayo
Marion
Dirk
Kaman

Bench:
Beaubois - legit when healthy
Dahante Jones
Jae Crowder
Carter
BWright
Brand

It is interesting when people say that Denver don't have a star. I would argue that Iggy is the closest you can get. He played an integral role of the US Olympic team. That experience can alter a player drastically in terms of the drive to succeed. I think Iggy has it and the impact he will have on that team is going to be amazing. Iggy is a lockdown defender who can run the floor. Hello perfect fit for that team.

I am also going to splash a dose of reality into your analysis of GS vs. Denver.

Curry is better than Lawson from a skill set perspective. Lawson has more of an impact by virtue of being healthy more often. Significant time for Curry is over 60 games. Whereas you want to expect that from one of your star players. Hard to build a team around someone who has just as much potential to play less then half the season as he does to become a perennial all-star.

Iguodala is better than Thompson. Although that kid is on the rise for sure. Excited to see what he becomes in this league. Iguodala is a great player who fits this system perfectly.

Gallinari and Barnes is the same situation as SG except that both players have less experience compared to their teammates. If Gallinari continues to perform at the level he has he will have a career slightly less glamorous the Iggy. Barnes at this point however has all the potential in the world most believe. Getting drafted at 7 was lower then projected a year previously.

Lee and Faried I think will be even this year. Currently however I would agree that the edge goes to Lee recognizing historical success.

I think it will be Ezeli/McGee as starters going against each other more often than Bogut/Mozgov. I see McGee get the starting job out of the gate or claiming it early in the year. McGee I think starts to figure it out now that he is away from the dysfunction that was the Wizards. He has Coach Karl to work with. Plus Mozgov is a solid back up C. When is Bogut coming back exactly? And what will his role be?

Apparently I am not the only one asking these questions.

http://www.examiner.com/article/andrew-bogut-injury-updated-for-golden-state-warriors-vs-phoenix-suns

Plus I also feel McGee will drastically close the gap between the two players. With McGee having more of an impact defensively than Bogut. Bogut having more skill and polish on the offensive side.

LAL
OKC
SAS
DEN
LAC
MEM
DAL/MIN/UTA/GS*

*depending on health

That is how I see the West going.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2012, 05:05 PM

You're mistaken if you think Anthony Randolph, Cory Brewer and Kosta Koufos = depth to sustain injuries. Fournier is a complete unknown. Jordan Hamilton? PLease.

A team like San Antonio has depth to sustain injuries with 12 or 13 proven NBA contributors, not Denver.

Koufos is very underrated, and Brewer and Randolph again are depth that can come in waves. The team will lead the NBA in pace, or be near the top of it, and they are well coached, score in bunches, and now have a wing defender.

I honestly don't think a top 3 finish out west is out of reach for them at all.

tp13baby
10-30-2012, 05:32 PM

The Clipps are good. We were so injured last year you can't look at that. Missed Gallo for alot of the year. Chandler for the whole year. McGee is slowly getting better. Faried was a rookie. Kosta Koufos has played outstanding and is likely the starting center. My guess is its off potential, and potentially I see them better than Memphis and even with the Clipps.

tp13baby
10-30-2012, 05:40 PM

Well we do have a 6-7 third point guard in Julyan Stone. He is decent but is injured. Corey Brewer is our energy guy. Kosta is our starter, best rebounder, most physical and can score. Mozzy is our third center, probably will get time at the 4. Randolph won't play a whole lot. Gallo and chandler can play the 4 if needed. Jordan Hamilton is a good shooter.

The spurs bench is great too. But you're underrating this team. Having them battle for a playoff spot i think is low. I think they can end from 3-6 in the West.