PDA

View Full Version : In Their Prime

MELO 15
10-30-2012, 08:26 AM
My cousin and I got into a debate yesterday on who in there prime was the better player between KG and Rasheed Wallace, I have been an NBA fan for a long time, and my pick was Wallace, And he thinks because Im a knicks fan thats why im saying so, "by the way, my cousin is Celtics fan" but im trying to tell him that it has nothing to do with the fact that im a knicks fan. So I just wanted your input and explain yourself as to who would u pick, a pime KG or a primed Wallace? People tend to 4get how nasty sheed was http://m.youtube.com/results?q=pippen%2024%20rasheed%20wallace%2024#/watch?v=qsnS4bHJ-f0

Oh and by the way, go ny go ny go!

theheatles
10-30-2012, 08:33 AM
just close the thread now, I don't think 1 person on this site will say Sheed

koreancabbage
10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
you mean "Their" right? not there

JNoel
10-30-2012, 09:03 AM
KG was an incredible player in his prime, some can argue best PF of all time. Sheed was no more than a good compliment to championship team in Detroit

Ray_R
10-30-2012, 09:05 AM
KG easily.

Dade County
10-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Kg

greg_ory_2005
10-30-2012, 09:17 AM
*their

b@llhog24
10-30-2012, 09:32 AM
KG. Cause well...he was better at just about every aspect of basketball.

Swashcuff
10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Wait were you guys talking about who was a better 3 point shooter or who was better and getting technical fouls or who was a better player? There is absolutely no logical argument for Sheed being a better player than KG. None whatsoever.

Gram
10-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Rasheed. ;)

ManRam
10-30-2012, 09:53 AM
In they're prime Sheed was better then KG. Their is no argument. There both good players, but Sheed man...that bald spot!

Byronicle
10-30-2012, 10:00 AM
lol really? Sheed?

KG and im not a celtic or knick fan

mightybosstone
10-30-2012, 10:18 AM
You could make a decent case for Sheed as one of the 100-150 best players in the history of the league. He was a solid defender with a nasty competitive edge that helped make those Detroit teams so good for so long.

That being said, there isn't a person in their right mind who would take Sheed over KG. Garnett is, without question, one of the 25-30 greatest players in the history of the league, one of the most athletic and physical defenders of our era and one of the most competitive players in the history of the NBA. I'd take KG 100 times out of 100 and I wouldn't think twice about it. In fact, I'd rather take KG now than prime Sheed.

torocan
10-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Gotta go with KG. Sorry.

MELO 15
10-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Im not talking about body of work, or through out their career. Obviously that would be kg. But if were talking in their prime when wallace was to me probably the best back to the basket post up player in the game, im talking about when he played for the blazers, im taking sheed.

dh144498
10-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Sheed

Chavacano
10-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Kevin Maurice Garnett.

xnick5757
10-30-2012, 10:30 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=wallara01&y1=2001&p2=garneke01&y2=2004

KG;s best season vs. sheeds. its not even close

alexander_37
10-30-2012, 10:33 AM
My cousin and I got into a debate yesterday on who in there prime was the better player between KG and Rasheed Wallace, I have been an NBA fan for a long time, and my pick was Wallace, And he thinks because Im a knicks fan thats why im saying so, "by the way, my cousin is Celtics fan" but im trying to tell him that it has nothing to do with the fact that im a knicks fan. So I just wanted your input and explain yourself as to who would u pick, a pime KG or a primed Wallace? People tend to 4get how nasty sheed was http://m.youtube.com/results?q=pippen%2024%20rasheed%20wallace%2024#/watch?v=qsnS4bHJ-f0

Oh dear God your poor school system. KG not even close, you brought no facts to the table other than fan hood and "nastiness".

Swashcuff
10-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Im not talking about body of work, or through out their career. Obviously that would be kg. But if were talking in their prime when wallace was to me probably the best back to the basket post up player in the game, im talking about when he played for the blazers, im taking sheed.

That's your opinion but sir your opinion is wrong. When KG won the MVP award in 03-04 he was the best player in the NBA Sheed was never even a top 10 player at any point during his prime/peak. I don't see any sort of comparison. Your friend is right.

MELO 15
10-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Oh dear God your poor school system. KG not even close, you brought no facts to the table other than fan hood and "nastiness".

Why, because I spelled there, and not their. You must feel real smart with such a brilliant post such as this, and I did if u saw the post earlier, best back to the basket post up player to me in the game in his blazers years, people tend to forget that he had players playing behind him such as grant, kemp, and players who took possesions away from him because he was not the go to guy. Garnett out the gate was their primary option, so he had more shot attempts, more minutes. When the blazers started realizing that there was absolutely no one that could check sheed down low, the blazers moved on and traded him. On other teams the system did not involve him to dominate down low, so that also took away from his numbers.

ThebigOscar
10-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Sheed had mad skills but KG was better in every area other than 3 point shooting. If their skills were exactly the same, you take KG due to his intensity (focus) and defense. KG all the way.

MELO 15
10-30-2012, 11:00 AM
That's your opinion but sir your opinion is wrong. When KG won the MVP award in 03-04 he was the best player in the NBA Sheed was never even a top 10 player at any point during his prime/peak. I don't see any sort of comparison. Your friend is right.

I respect your opinion as well, ill put it to u this way. When kg first joined the celtics what happened to his numbers? They went down. People don't realize that sheed was playing with the blazers and if u look at there squad they had guys like pippen, mighty mouse, shrempf, smitty' greg anthony, sabonis, grant, kemp augmon. Basically all guys who took touches and minutes from sheed. Do u see the concept

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Kj

MELO 15
10-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Kj

Yeah, Kevin Jhonson was one of my all time favorite pg's as well. But we are talking about sheed and KG lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
lol

CavsYanksDuke
10-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Wow on all levels. Their*, KG, and I hope your friend finds this and rips on you hard. KG could do anything Sheed could do but better except the 3 ball which KG can hit sometimes.

jp611
10-30-2012, 11:24 AM
KG! Not even close lol

Swashcuff
10-30-2012, 11:27 AM
I respect your opinion as well, ill put it to u this way. When kg first joined the celtics what happened to his numbers? They went down. People don't realize that sheed was playing with the blazers and if u look at there squad they had guys like pippen, mighty mouse, shrempf, smitty' greg anthony, sabonis, grant, kemp augmon. Basically all guys who took touches and minutes from sheed. Do u see the concept

You know what happened when his #s went down? He wont a title. He won his first ever DPOY and in many ways he improved as not only a player but a leader. He was in that season better than Sheed ever was.

In that season he was voted (http://rpoy.dolem.com/) by another forum as the best player in the NBA (regular season and post season combined) in the year he was traded there. Basically everyone still saw him as a top 5 player in the league that season as well I don't think Sheed has ever reached that plateau.

hugepatsfan
10-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Did the OP have this conversation on a short yellow school bus?

naps
10-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Well let's put it this way, KG played at a level in his prime that Rasheed could only dream of, and I am a big Sheed fan. KG, in his prime, was arguably the best player on the planet...now go figure the distance between KG and Sheed.

b@llhog24
10-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Honestly I loved Sheed during his Detroit tenure plus he was a Blazer so I have an innate loyalty to him. But KG was the better passer, scorer, rebounder, defender, had more range, was the better face up player, even if you say his back to the basket game wasn't better it wasn't like Sheed outclassed him, and KG is one of the greatest intangible players ever. Seriously this comparison is a joke.

jp611
10-30-2012, 12:42 PM
KG and Tim Duncan would be a better comparison

sep11ie
10-30-2012, 12:47 PM
In they're prime Sheed was better then KG. Their is no argument. There both good players, but Sheed man...that bald spot!

I c wut yew dyd their.

These Knicks fans...LOL

Swashcuff
10-30-2012, 12:47 PM
KG and Tim Duncan would be a better comparison

And Sheed Elton Brand would be a better comparison

Stinkyoutsider
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Numbers wise, I take Garnett. And, his leadership skills too.

Alot of people forget how good Wallace was in his prime. He was a better player before he got to Detroit...

He was an automatic double team in Portland and would dominate both sides of the floor. The only guy I saw him have any trouble with is Shaq, but he was in his prime with the Lakers and couldn't be guarded by anyone. Wallace has always been a great shot blocker and rebounder on defense and was a big time post up threat on offense until he developed the 3 point shot and stopped wanting to go into the post...

Lakersfanla24
10-30-2012, 01:50 PM
I hate the Celtics and KG with a passion, hell i wont even wear green, but no one in their right mind can honestly say Sheed, at any point in their respective careers, was better than KG

diu9leilomo
10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
sheed vs bosh would make more sense, kg's at another level man

mngopher35
10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Lets not forget that KG was probably the most dominant pf in the league defensively to go along with being a better rebounder, passer, and (arguably) scorer. Ill give you rasheed was more diverse in how he could score, but KG scored more and did it slightly more efficiently.

alexander_37
10-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Why, because I spelled there, and not their. You must feel real smart with such a brilliant post such as this, and I did if u saw the post earlier, best back to the basket post up player to me in the game in his blazers years, people tend to forget that he had players playing behind him such as grant, kemp, and players who took possesions away from him because he was not the go to guy. Garnett out the gate was their primary option, so he had more shot attempts, more minutes. When the blazers started realizing that there was absolutely no one that could check sheed down low, the blazers moved on and traded him. On other teams the system did not involve him to dominate down low, so that also took away from his numbers.

If you really want me to.

This is the English translation.

My cousin and I got into a debate yesterday, who was better in their prime KG or Rasheed Wallace? I have been an NBA fan for a long time and my pick was Wallace, he thinks because I'm a knicks fan that I'm Bias. "By the way, my cousin is Celtics fan." I'm trying to tell him that it has nothing to do with the fact that i am a knicks fan, so I just wanted your input and explanation as to who would u pick. Prime KG or prime Wallace? People tend to forget how nasty sheed was!

Anyways, KG was on another level. Even with the volume of shots he took KG's TS% was 1% off of Sheeds, not to mention he was usually double or triple teamed, and he played defense Sheed had wet dreams about.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2012, 02:32 PM
This isn't even a close one honestly.

blastmasta26
10-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Easily KG. As good as Sheed was in his prime, KG was superior. You claim homerism is not to blame, but it sure seems like it.

dtmagnet
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM

:clap:

JordansBulls
10-30-2012, 05:44 PM
One was a perenial MVP Candidate while one was an allstar from time to time.

IndiansFan337
10-30-2012, 08:33 PM

Definitely KG. He won an MVP and is a for sure HOF'er. Sheed is definitely not a lock for the HOF.

Compare the ASG appearances, All-NBA teams, and All-Defensive teams and KG will by far eclipse Sheed. Sheed was a very good player, but not in KG's company.

LAcowBOMBER
10-30-2012, 09:02 PM

That title belongs to the guy that kept knocking them out of the playoffs, Shaq and its not even close. Also KG was making a terrible Minnesota team somewhat relevant and was much better in his prime

DreamShaker
10-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Sheed had equal talent, but he also just never seemed to desire to be as good as he should have been.

PurpleJesus
10-30-2012, 10:11 PM
this one isnt even debatable, its KG.

lvlheaded
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM
This is so easily KG that it isnt even a fun debate. And Im a Knick fan