PDA

View Full Version : Original asking price for James Harden

eternal slumber
10-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Presti was asking originally for Martin, Lamb, Parsons and three first round picks, including the Rockets own.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--inside-look-at-james-harden-s-trade-to-rockets-28301609.html;_ylt=AkME3lWmmT.RfQyTtvzPYF85nYcB;_y lu=X3oDMTQ0aTNpZ2o3BG1pdANGRUFUVVJFRCBNZWdhdHJvbiB TUE9SVFMgRlAEcGtnAzU0OTZmYmMyLWVjN2MtM2ExNC1hZTllL TQ1NDdkZWE3ZGUwMARwb3MDMgRzZWMDbWVnYXRyb24EdmVyA2U wYjhiOWYzLTIxMDItMTFlMi1iNWVkLWZlMjhiYWUyNjVhOQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

your thoughts?

mightybosstone
10-29-2012, 11:03 PM
I would have been totally fine if Morey had given up the third pick and completely pissed if they dealt Parsons. Parsons is never going to be a great player, but he has the makings of a great role player and the potential of a 15/5/5 type guy with elite defense if he can become a more efficient scorer.

theheatles
10-29-2012, 11:06 PM
You start high in negotiations, if you don't you're a sucker

eternal slumber
10-29-2012, 11:17 PM

i know but just be able to trim it to just Lamb, Martin and two first round pick was great for Morey and the Rockets.

i am just wondering why didn't OKC asked a bit more from Houston maybe any from Patterson, Jones, Motiejunas or White?

Morey was badly looking for a star and i think is willing to give a bit more for Harden. Presti could have milked it a bit.

topdog
10-29-2012, 11:36 PM
i know but just be able to trim it to just Lamb, Martin and two first round pick was great for Morey and the Rockets.

i am just wondering why didn't OKC asked a bit more from Houston maybe any from Patterson, Jones, Motiejunas or White?

Morey was badly looking for a star and i think is willing to give a bit more for Harden. Presti could have milked it a bit.

Not that big of a difference. I don't know how many rookies the Thunder really want - most teams seem to feel that 2 is about what they can handle developing at a time.

JesusWears24
10-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Like J Lin, I dont see Harden living up to the Rockets expectations. He used to playing mostly against second unit guys. i dont think he is worth that kind of money.

CavsYanksDuke
10-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Even if he underperforms this year, the HOU GM should get EOY. If the Lakers get it because Dwight is a baby, that would be a sad day.

koreancabbage
10-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Even if he underperforms this year, the HOU GM should get EOY. If the Lakers get it because Dwight is a baby, that would be a sad day.

lol that doesn't mean anything.

JasonJohnHorn
10-30-2012, 09:13 AM

This.

OKC got a good deal for a career 12 points per game scorer asking for the max.

Chronz
10-30-2012, 10:53 AM
This.

Why mention the career rates? Would it be a bad deal if he were a 20ppg scorer?

sep11ie
10-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Like J Lin, I dont see Harden living up to the Rockets expectations. He used to playing mostly against second unit guys. i dont think he is worth that kind of money.

I guess you do more posting than watching basketball...

SouthSideRookie
10-30-2012, 11:35 AM
This.

So you wouldn't trade Martin, #12 pick, mid 20's pick and likely #12-#15 pick for a #3 pick who has already lived up to a top three pick that's just 23 years old about to enter his prime and is likely going to get better. Im glad you're not a GM.

mightybosstone
10-30-2012, 11:36 AM
:facepalm:

This.

What does that have to do with anything? You're basing that pointless stat on a three-season sample size for a 23-year-old player. And your stat completely fails to recognize that Harden was second in EFG% and TS% last year and fourth in WS/48. He's also coming off of a 16/4/4 season playing only 31 minutes a game with only a 21.6 USG%. And then there's the fact that he was the 6th man of the year and he was chosen to play for Team USA in the Olympics.

When you break it down, Harden was easily the third best SG in the NBA last season, he's easily one of the 10 best wings in the league and a top 20-25 player in the NBA. If he's not worth a max contract, what is the cutoff for a max contract?

valade16
10-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Why mention the career rates? Would it be a bad deal if he were a 20ppg scorer?

:laugh2:

nacdaddy
10-30-2012, 11:53 AM
i personally thought the rockets couldve have gotten by with just giving up the toronto pick, lamb, martin, and the second. i dont think any other team could have matched that offer. if so, id like to know what it wouldve been.

sagemania
10-30-2012, 11:59 AM

Lin is overrated and probaly an above average role player, but Harden is the 3rd best SG in the league and is only 23.

LongWayFromHome
10-30-2012, 11:59 AM

Right. Because second unti guys play 30+ minutes per game while the starters play less than 18.

PleaseBeNice
10-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Apparently the Kings were negotiating with OKC for a split second. The Thunder wanted DeMarcus Cousins back in the trade. Ok OKC, ok.. right...

mightybosstone
10-30-2012, 12:08 PM
i personally thought the rockets couldve have gotten by with just giving up the toronto pick, lamb, martin, and the second. i dont think any other team could have matched that offer. if so, id like to know what it wouldve been.

Perhaps, but it's not as if the Dallas pick is anything special. And the Rockets clearly still got the better end of the deal by locking down a top 20 player for the next five seasons.

mightybosstone
10-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Apparently the Kings were negotiating with OKC for a split second. The Thunder wanted DeMarcus Cousins back in the trade. Ok OKC, ok.. right...

If it's straight up, that seems like a fair trade. Cousins probably has more potential than Harden, but right now Harden is the better basketball player.

nacdaddy
10-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Perhaps, but it's not as if the Dallas pick is anything special. And the Rockets clearly still got the better end of the deal by locking down a top 20 player for the next five seasons.

its not but morey really knows how to draft talent and that pick couldve been really serviceable. the better end of the deal is still to be seen. in the immediate; the rockets got the better end but who knows how lamb pans out and what the toronto pick nets them.

PleaseBeNice
10-30-2012, 12:55 PM
If it's straight up, that seems like a fair trade. Cousins probably has more potential than Harden, but right now Harden is the better basketball player.

You don't trade an all star caliber Big for a small

LongWayFromHome
10-30-2012, 03:26 PM

That's comical. And I love James Harden. I almost cried when I learned he got traded and DAL has no chance of getting him. Harden is better than Cousins? :laugh:

JordansBulls
10-30-2012, 05:57 PM
He is a good player and the Rockets needed to do something.