PDA

View Full Version : Are the Clippers a real contender?

Il Mago50
10-29-2012, 07:49 PM
I've already made forums about the Nuggets and Celtics who I think are real contenders, but this team really intrigues me.

They have arguably the best PG in the league and one of the better closers in the league in CP3.

They are getting back Chauncey Billups who can take and make big shots and is important to a team in so many ways.

They have Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan, arguably the most promising young post combo in the league who could take another step forward this season.

They have Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe to provide secondary scoring from the perimeter.

They brought in Grant Hill to give them one of the better team defenders in the NBA against the West's elite perimeter players.

Finally, they brought in Lamar Odom who is one year removed from winning the sixth man of the year award. He is the biggest wildcard obviously but if he can produce like he did in year's past, a great 3rd post for this team.

Do you guys think this team can legitimately get to the NBA Finals or even win the championship?

Can they beat the likes of LAL, SA and OKC in the west?

Baller1
10-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes.

abe_froman
10-29-2012, 07:52 PM
of course they are.the talent is there at least,coaching might hinder them

BKdoubleStacker
10-29-2012, 07:54 PM
A good team yes, but I would be surprised if they would beat a team like the thunder, spurs, or lakers.

I see a lot of good talent on the roster, but not a whole lot of chemistry or recipe for postseason success.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Yup.

kobe4thewinbang
10-29-2012, 08:09 PM
The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they'll never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.

Chronz
10-29-2012, 08:10 PM
It depends on Bledsoe and DJ, the other guys will probably hover around league average

Clippersfan86
10-29-2012, 08:11 PM
The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they're never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.

Not bad to barely beat the so called "darkhorse" of the west and one of the most hyped teams when you have 10 new players, your top 5 players injured and no experience as a team. Abe brings up a valid point that coaching is the biggest issue. Put this talent with a top tier coach and they might win the title if everything worked out nicely... with Vinny though I'm expecting 2nd round exit to WCF max.

SteBO
10-29-2012, 08:12 PM
It will depend on Odom's cooperation/level of play, and their health. Should these aspects become a positive, they are without question contenders in my eyes. Not a fan of VDN though.

Baller1
10-29-2012, 08:17 PM
It will depend on Odom's cooperation/level of play, and their health. Should these aspects become a positive, they are without question contenders in my eyes. Not a fan of VDN though.

Who is? Haha.

Ebbs
10-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Yea absolutely. IMO the 3rd best team in the west. They will grow up don't expect Spurs to smack em again.

Chronz
10-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Odom is done, dont hinge anything on his bum ***

TyrionLannister
10-29-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm honestly not that high on the Clippers, mainly because while they added a lot quality guys, there aren't that many minutes to go around to keep them all in rhythm/happy, nor do I trust Vinny to divide them in such a way to maximize their efficiency.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 08:19 PM

According to him at today's Clippers practice, he said he'll be back to 2010 Lamar, not Dallas Lamar. :laugh2:

Kobe2324
10-29-2012, 08:20 PM
I say no since I don't think they are even the best team in their division, I think they are deep but their starting 5 won't be enough to take the lakers, I also think okc is better even with the loss of Harden, and I think the spurs are probably just ahead of them as well, other than the Lakers I give them a small chance against the other two teams, but I think the lakers once everyone is playing together and go into the playoffs on a roll this team is gonna be way to difficult to beat 4 times...I think Miami is the only real test for the lakers, but their size should overtake them as well, but with that said this clippers team will be good and will be a hard team to beat come playoff time, but I think a 2nd round exit is as far as they get with a small chance at conf finals

Clippersfan86
10-29-2012, 08:21 PM

He's becoming Baron Davis 2.0 unfortunately where he keeps saying all the right things but his actions don't match up. "I'm going to skip the Olympics to get into shape".... 2 months later still about 15-20 pounds overweight. It's like man what the F have you been doing all this time!? Today he told ESPN the Clippers are going to get 2010 Odom... yet he's looked like trash.

Good news for the Clippers is Bledsoe is growing faster than expected, Turiaf and Hollins don't look as pathetic as expected and Crawford seems to have bought into the team first concept and may surprise people.

sfattahian
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
yes.

don't know why the Nuggets are getting so much love, they have no go-to guy and have a lot of youth, not much playoff experience.

Clippers are underrated, they are the best team in the west considering Lakers have no bench and OKC just traded away their bench.

CLippers are rediculous, they pushed san antonio last year without billups, now they'll have him back, plus 6th man of the year candidates like JCrawford, Odom and Grant Hill. They are freaking stacked beyond belief. Hollins is underrated and is similar to Deandre Jordan.

I'm a Warriors fans, but the CLippers are the team to beat in my opinion. Time will tell, but they're the team to beat in the West no doubt. Spurs have depth too, but I lie the Clips to win the west, unless Lakers trade for a bench mid-season.

Paul/Bledsoe
Billups/Crawford/Willie Green
Butler/Hill/Matt Barnes
Griffin/Odom
Jordan/Hollins/Turiaf

Chronz
10-29-2012, 08:29 PM
yes.

don't know why the Nuggets are getting so much love, they have no go-to guy and have a lot of youth, not much playoff experience.

They were sick when Danillo was available and they added the games best defender.

Meaze_Gibson
10-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Yes they are a contender. Last year, I believe they could have beat the thunder if Billups was healthy. Anytime you have a team with 6 playmakers (Paul, Billups, Hill, Crawford, Bledsoe, Griffin), that team will give problems. I will say that their quest to the finals depend on the matchup. Don't think they have enough to beat the Lakers, But I think they can handle the Thunder and Spurs

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 08:42 PM
if their bench is strong, and Blake takes a step forward, if healthy, yes, they are contenders.

Vinylman
10-29-2012, 08:45 PM
to early to say if they are a legitimate contenders... but in a broad sense of course they are contenders...

give it about 25-30 games before the prognostication means anything...

keys in no particular order

1. Jordans development
2. Caron not sucking
3. Bledsoe's development
4. back up big play by the goofballs turiaf and Hollins

They have alot of upside if things come together

Punk
10-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Yes, if everything goes well.

Let's put this in perspective: They had little training camp, went 13-5 with Billups/Paul, small bench with little to no defenders. They still ended up being with a middle of the pack defensive rating and well considering VDN is not a good coach...that's pretty remarkable. They finished 40-26 with 3 different 4-5 gamelosing streaks throughout the season and had injuries to Paul, Griffin, Butler and still beat Memphis.

A year later they add: Grant Hill, Crawford, rehabbed Billups, Lamar Odom (low risk/high reward), Matt Barnes, Willie Green, Ronny Turiaf, Ryan Hollins.

They are much better in every position than last year and Griffin/Jordan look improved. Basically, they were a new club with new pieces still managed to be Top 5 in the West.

People don't respect them enough, especially since their only weakness from being a championship contender is defense.

popo85
10-29-2012, 11:30 PM
yes, good starting 5 with the best bench

Blitzbolt
10-29-2012, 11:39 PM
With the New Flopping rule they might not make the playoffs.

Guppyfighter
10-29-2012, 11:46 PM
yes.

Clippers are underrated, they are the best team in the west considering Lakers have no bench and OKC just traded away their bench.

CLippers are rediculous, they pushed san antonio last year without billups, now they'll have him back, plus 6th man of the year candidates like JCrawford, Odom and Grant Hill. They are freaking stacked beyond belief. Hollins is underrated and is similar to Deandre Jordan.

I'm a Warriors fans, but the CLippers are the team to beat in my opinion. Time will tell, but they're the team to beat in the West no doubt. Spurs have depth too, but I lie the Clips to win the west, unless Lakers trade for a bench mid-season.

Paul/Bledsoe
Billups/Crawford/Willie Green
Butler/Hill/Matt Barnes
Griffin/Odom
Jordan/Hollins/Turiaf

Iggy is not a go to guy? He's clutch as ****.

The goods
10-29-2012, 11:51 PM
I hate the clippers but can't doubt Chris Paul, so yes

Clippersfan86
10-29-2012, 11:58 PM

Let's put this in perspective: They had little training camp, went 13-5 with Billups/Paul, small bench with little to no defenders. They still ended up being with a middle of the pack defensive rating and well considering VDN is not a good coach...that's pretty remarkable. They finished 40-26 with 3 different 4-5 gamelosing streaks throughout the season and had injuries to Paul, Griffin, Butler and still beat Memphis.

A year later they add: Grant Hill, Crawford, rehabbed Billups, Lamar Odom (low risk/high reward), Matt Barnes, Willie Green, Ronny Turiaf, Ryan Hollins.

They are much better in every position than last year and Griffin/Jordan look improved. Basically, they were a new club with new pieces still managed to be Top 5 in the West.

People don't respect them enough, especially since their only weakness from being a championship contender is defense.

/Thread :clap: glad to see some people know what they are talking about. Not the prediction necessarily but knowledge of what happened last year and why it SHOULD be better this year.

Blitzbolt
10-30-2012, 12:01 AM
No respect?you don't deserve respect flopping and crying because of injury's will not get you any.

After last year series I all lost all my respect especially for CP3 he is a top 3 player but cry's and flops to win games it was pretty sad.

LakersMaster24
10-30-2012, 12:01 AM
I really can't see them get past Thunder, Lakers, or heck even the Spurs.

DreamShaker
10-30-2012, 12:05 AM
It depends on Bledsoe and DJ, the other guys will probably hover around league average

This. DJ looks very much improved on offense, hopefully he can keep those habits and avoid reverting back to the old ones. Those guy make or break them.

Dade County
10-30-2012, 12:10 AM
I feel that the Clippers will make it to the WCF, ( for basketball reasons.)

But beyond that point, who knows.

shep33
10-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Absolutely.

Bill Simmons thinks that Lamar Odom won't be in the league in 3 months. Although I think that's a bit harsh, I do think that he's done. I love LO, but he looks out of shape right now just as he did in Dallas.

I have a couple concerns with them:

1) DeAndre has to protect the paint, because they are really thin up front. If/When DeAndre gets into foul trouble... what then? Hollins? Turiaf? I think it was a mistake to trade Reggie. Yeah he sucks offensively, but he's tough, a good defender, and great rebounder. Just like Reggie, I think they'll miss Kenyon too.

2) How are minutes going to be divided? At the SG spot you got Billups and Crawford, one of whom will have to sit in the 4th, and each has to guard Kobe/Wade/Manu/Harden etc. SF spot... same problem. Barnes, Hill, and Butler. Someone is going to get left out here, unless they go small ball, which probably won't work in the West.

All that being said, every team has a weakness, I don't like the Clips size, I think their front court is pretty soft, offensively they're typically a jump shooting team outside of Blake and DeAndre lobs, and I do think too much depth can be a problem in the playoffs.

But having CP3 and Blake on the squad makes them contenders.

Clippersfan86
10-30-2012, 12:19 AM
No respect?you don't deserve respect flopping and crying because of injury's will not get you any.

After last year series I all lost all my respect especially for CP3 he is a top 3 player but cry's and flops to win games it was pretty sad.

Show me one flop that was called and affected the series, otherwise STFU. Teams don't lose because of an uncalled flop or crying to refs lmao. If refs were calling the flops sure but 90 plus percent went uncalled.

Bishnoff
10-30-2012, 12:29 AM
I've already made forums about the Nuggets and Celtics who I think are real contenders, but this team really intrigues me.

They have arguably the best PG in the league and one of the better closers in the league in CP3.

They are getting back Chauncey Billups who can take and make big shots and is important to a team in so many ways.

They have Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan, arguably the most promising young post combo in the league who could take another step forward this season.

They have Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe to provide secondary scoring from the perimeter.

They brought in Grant Hill to give them one of the better team defenders in the NBA against the West's elite perimeter players.

Finally, they brought in Lamar Odom who is one year removed from winning the sixth man of the year award. He is the biggest wildcard obviously but if he can produce like he did in year's past, a great 3rd post for this team.

Do you guys think this team can legitimately get to the NBA Finals or even win the championship?

Can they beat the likes of LAL, SA and OKC in the west?

I think that the Clipps are more likely contenders than Denver or Boston.

85BearsDefense
10-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Not getting past LA, OKC, Spurs, or Nuggets.

dee279
10-30-2012, 12:55 AM
With a new coach, yes.

PacersForLife
10-30-2012, 01:16 AM
It's kinda up in the air. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the WCF. Also wouldn't be surprised to see them lose in the 1st round...

seikou8
10-30-2012, 01:22 AM
Not getting past LA, OKC, Spurs, or Nuggets.

this

Cracka2HI!
10-30-2012, 01:42 AM
Well the world of PSD is certainly changing their tune! Sure there are still some idiots saying things like they flopped their way to everything they got last season. It looks like a lot more people are saying yes than 2 months ago.

I myself consider them a contender. There are no ifs. You're either a contender or you're not. Every team has "ifs". What if Dwight Howard really is as bad of a human being as he looks like? Well "if" he is no team with him on it will ever win a championship. Period. The guy made TO look like Lady Byng last season. You don't think he can bring down a team with a great human being and leader like Kobe Bryant? Yea he's never helped killed a dynasty or anything. So "ifs" mean nothing. Every team has enough real weaknesses that the "ifs" don't matter.

Before the preseason I said no. I thought the team be much better in the regular season but would be no better in the playoffs than last year. I didn't think DeAndre Jordan would ever be an all-star Center. He is playing like one now. It's amazing the improvement he has made. With a Center playing anywhere close to all-star level this team is a contender!

I know it's really cool to hate on Griffin around here, but everyone who knows anything about basketball knows he is one of the most talented and gifted players ever to enter the league. That isn't up for debate. It's a fact. One thing no one on this site can ever see happening is him becoming one of the great players in the league. He wasn't there last year but he has also added to his game. It wouldn't surprise me to see him actually be as good as the hype this season. It also won't surprise me for the majority of posters on this site to still think he can only dunk and flop :facepalm:

There are a lot of other what ifs and whatnot that can be considered. For me the question of whether these Clippers are Championship contender changed form No to Yes when I saw the improvement made by Blake and especially Jordon. As off as the PSD consensus is about Blake they aren't even on the radar when it comes DJ!

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 01:50 AM
they could win it, but it would be surprising and quite a bit would have to go right for them. i have them in the 2nd tier of contenders.

1st tier (likely)
Heat/Lakers/Thunder

2nd tier (got an outside shot)
Celtics/Spurs/Clippers/Bulls(if rose makes a full recovery by playoff time)

3rd tier (very small chance)
Knicks/Nuggets/Nets/Pacers/etc...

jerellh528
10-30-2012, 02:43 AM
As a Lakers fan, YES! The Clippers are a true contender. Their bench of ronnie turiaf, lamar odom, grant hill, jamal crawford and eric bledsoe can probably beat a few team's starting lineups...thats not even factoring in matt barnes and willie green...This team is pretty stacked with talent.

Clippersfan86
10-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Last year the Grizzlies were the Cinderella team and darkhorse that supposedly were going to kill the Clippers... This year everybody is hyping the crap out of the Nuggets. I can't wait till the Clippers destroy them in the playoffs.

Heediot
10-30-2012, 07:53 AM
A good team yes, but I would be surprised if they would beat a team like the thunder, spurs, or lakers.

I see a lot of good talent on the roster, but not a whole lot of chemistry or recipe for postseason success.

As a Clip fan I'm not worried about the Thunder, we matchup well with them with or without Harden. It's the Spurs and Lakers that I'm worried about.

Clippersfan86
11-11-2012, 07:09 PM
After 7 games 5-2 record with no Billups or Hill and Odom still in terrible shape.

9 point wins over Grizzlies and Lakers. 22 point win over Spurs (Spurs only loss), 13 point win over Portland (were up by 25+ most of game), 13 point win vs Hawks. Only two losses were trap games to lesser teams but they had a tie game with 90 seconds left in both games.

I can't imagine how dangerous they will be with healthy Billups and Hill. Odom has lost 8 pounds and needs to lose about 10-12 more. Blake still playing passive and hasn't gotten it going. Basically team still isn't healthy or gelled and are still showing how great they can play.

WAYNEBO
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
The Clippers are pretenders. They barely beat the Grizzlies. They added no-show Odom, so-so Crawford and up-there Grant Hill. If we combine the 3, the Clippers might have one viable scoring option. But I see a lot of noise in "Lob City", and not much substance yet again. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they did worse this year. Until they develop overall chemistry and a sound identity as a team, they'll never beat OKC, the other LA team, or San Antonio.

Always the Lakers fans showing the insecure hate.... LOL. Clips are for real -- way deeper than the Lakeshow.

Clippersfan86
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Always the Lakers fans showing the insecure hate.... LOL. Clips are for real -- way deeper than the Lakeshow.

The best is him calling Crawford a bust when dude is now averaging 20 ppg off the bench in like 25 minutes on great efficiency. Great bump though :clap:

xxplayerxx23
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes for sure, Griffin isn't 100% and they are still playing well.

Gritz
11-11-2012, 07:16 PM
lolno

Clippersfan86
11-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Wonder if Bill Simmons still predicts no playoffs with his 45 wins at best, bold prediction?? He shredded the bench additions but the Clippers have been the best bench in the NBA this year and are still short players.

Ch0ZSeN1
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
No... Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford are there best players.

xxplayerxx23
11-11-2012, 07:21 PM
For those that say No explain why? Paul can take over series, he has a deep bench and Griffin is a solid Number 2 option.

JasonJohnHorn
11-11-2012, 07:22 PM
I mean, seriously, why did they trade Kaman for CP3? You never trade big for small! They would be dominating the NBA if they had Kaman playing next to Griffen! Not to mention they threw in Eric Gordon for CP3 who is injury prone. Like, wtf?

Seriously though, yeah, they have the personal to win it all. CP3 is the most valuable player in the league though. It all hinges on him and his health.

Clippersfan86
11-11-2012, 07:24 PM
No... Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford are there best players.

Jamal is the most gifted scorer on the team but FAR from the best all around player. The top 4 all around Clippers players are..

1. CP3
2. Griffin
3. DeAndre
4. Bledsoe

xxplayerxx23
11-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I disagree, Id say
Cp3
Griffin
Crawford
Jordan

Clippersfan86
11-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I disagree, Id say
Cp3
Griffin
Crawford
Jordan

I think Crawford is a brilliant fit and a great signing but Bledsoe can dominate the game defensively, on the boards, with passing AND still give you 15 points any given night. Crawford may score 25 and hit clutch shots but won't do much else which is why as an overall impact I got Bledsoe higher. I respect your opinion though man.

xxplayerxx23
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
I think Crawford is a brilliant fit and a great signing but Bledsoe can dominate the game defensively, on the boards, with passing AND still give you 15 points any given night. Crawford may score 25 and hit clutch shots but won't do much else which is why as an overall impact I got Bledsoe higher. I respect your opinion though man.

I am huge Crawford fan so I'm biased to be honest lol. I love the way he can score. You watch the clippers a lot more then I do so you are prob right, but the homer for Crawford in me has come out :D

SportsAndrew25
11-11-2012, 07:34 PM
The talent is certainly there, so I would say yes.

Raps18-19 Champ
Yea, but they are near the back end of the group we call contenders.

Clippersfan86
I am huge Crawford fan so I'm biased to be honest lol. I love the way he can score. You watch the clippers a lot more then I do so you are prob right, but the homer for Crawford in me has come out :D

I'm a Bledsoe homer so we might both be homering it up:clap:. Either way this team is dangerous as hell. Can't wait to get Billups and Hill back. People seem to forget we have been starting Willie Green to do this damage.

Clippersfan86
11-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Yea, but they are near the back end of the group we call contenders.

Just wondering... who do you think has been better than the Clippers so far? I'm not saying who has better record but rather who has been more convincingly good outside of maybe Miami and the Spurs? OKC, Lakers, Grizzlies, Celtics etc have all looked weaker than the Clippers so far.

Edit: Knicks have been very good too, forgot them.

KnicksorBust
11-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Definately and my pick for the WCF. And im always right.

kdspurman
11-11-2012, 07:42 PM
West is wide open I don't see why not. All about match ups come playoff time and they can give a lot of teams fits.

Jarvo

:laugh::clap:

Clippersfan86

Knicks and Clippers finals coming up! :p

Jarvo
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Up in the air.

numba1CHANGsta
Have you seen their next 5 games? dont jump into conclusion just yet

Il Mago50
With them playing this way, I could see them finishing as the number 1 or 2 seed and CP3 getting an MVP because of it.

Clippersfan86
11-11-2012, 07:45 PM

They've already beaten the Lakers, Grizzlies, Spurs and Hawks. Who else should they worry about outside of Miami and Knicks? They have played well against Miami last 3 years.

#Shumpert Up
11-11-2012, 07:46 PM
The west is between the spurs and clippers imo. The thunder will take a step back this year but i think will be even better than last year the next year. The lakers, i am just not a believer.

Jarvo
11-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Knicks and Clippers finals coming up! :p

If the Knicks go PSD will explode ! :jumpy:

Alayla
11-11-2012, 08:44 PM
they have been been

Pluvious
11-11-2012, 09:49 PM
1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Lakers

OKC beats Spurs in playoffs and Lakers beat Clippers. I don't even feel like I'm guessing that much...barring injuries.

xxplayerxx23
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm a Bledsoe homer so we might both be homering it up:clap:. Either way this team is dangerous as hell. Can't wait to get Billups and Hill back. People seem to forget we have been starting Willie Green to do this damage.

Billups :drool: lol. As a knick fan I really miss him, I think he is going to be big. This is a very deep team, If Odom ever woke up holy **** Id be very afraid. I wouldn't be shocked if the clippers won it all.

Cracka2HI!
11-12-2012, 01:05 AM

It's a tough stretch. The next 6 games will tell a lot. If they come out even 3-3 they can be considered one of the top teams in the league. It's as brutal of a stretch as you can get. The game Wednesday with Miami should be fun. It's not often the Clippers are in the top story in sports but they will be that night!

Chacarron
11-12-2012, 01:34 AM
No doubt.

DoMeFavors
11-12-2012, 01:35 AM
lol...i dont think soo

Raps18-19 Champ
11-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Just wondering... who do you think has been better than the Clippers so far? I'm not saying who has better record but rather who has been more convincingly good outside of maybe Miami and the Spurs? OKC, Lakers, Grizzlies, Celtics etc have all looked weaker than the Clippers so far.

Edit: Knicks have been very good too, forgot them.

Miami, Spurs, OKC, Lakers, Celtics are the top 5 teams to win a title. Clippers come in 6th, having a slight chance to win the title IMO. Outside of those 6 teams, no one else is a true contender for the title.

DoMeFavors
11-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Miami, Spurs, OKC, Lakers, Celtics are the top 5 teams to win a title. Clippers come in 6th, having a slight chance to win the title IMO. Outside of those 6 teams, no one else is a true contender for the title.

I think your forgetting a team...and Spurs have no shot anymore that window closed 3 years ago.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-12-2012, 01:46 AM
I think your forgetting a team...and Spurs have no shot anymore that window closed 3 years ago.

No FemaleFavours, I am not forgetting the Nets since they don't belong. And the Spurs have as good of a chance as any. In fact, they were the best team coming into the playoffs last year IMO. They didn't drop off this year, so they still have a shot at the title.

DoMeFavors
11-12-2012, 01:47 AM
No FemaleFavours, I am not forgetting the Nets since they don't belong. And the Spurs have as good of a chance as any. In fact, they were the best team coming into the playoffs last year IMO. They didn't drop off this year, so they still have a shot at the title.

Well we know your predictions are a little off, since you said the Jermaine Oneal and Chris Bosh raptors were winning the NBA championship.

Clippersfan86
11-12-2012, 01:50 AM

Celtics look like *** this year and Lakers as well as OKC don't look as formidable yet as they could be by season end. RIGHT NOW nobody outside of Spurs, Knicks and Heat look better and even that's arguable. Do any other teams have as many quality, 9+ point wins than the Clippers? The average win margin of the Clippers is 13.2 ppg.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Well we know your predictions are a little off, since you said the Jermaine Oneal and Chris Bosh raptors were winning the NBA championship.

It's a little sad then when it's a whole lot more accurate than your predictions. :laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
11-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Celtics look like *** this year and Lakers as well as OKC don't look as formidable yet as they could be by season end. RIGHT NOW nobody outside of Spurs, Knicks and Heat look better and even that's arguable. Do any other teams have as many quality, 9+ point wins than the Clippers? The average win margin of the Clippers is 13.2 ppg.

You might judge, but I don't judge based on 6 games. I try to predict over 82 games the the playoffs. Just because they started off shaky doesn't change the fact the Celtics and Lakers have a championship caliber roster.

Also, that last part of your post shouldn't even be on there. You're posting stats over such a small sample size?

DoMeFavors
11-12-2012, 01:56 AM
It's a little sad then when it's a whole lot more accurate than your predictions. :laugh2:

Did they even make the playoffs that year? doubt it.

Like it or not Chris Bosh by himself couldnt make the playoffs half the time, Nets have a lot better of a team than those raptors. Jose Calderon was your pg.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Did they even make the playoffs that year? doubt it.

Never said they did. Doesn't change the fact it's more accurate than your aspirations for the Nets.

Like it or not Chris Bosh by himself couldnt make the playoffs half the time, Nets have a lot better of a team than those raptors. Jose Calderon was your pg.

Your point? You're still wrong.

DoMeFavors
11-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Never said they did. Doesn't change the fact it's more accurate than your aspirations for the Nets.

Your point? You're still wrong.

im not trying to be mean here, cause I kinda feel bad for you. But I think you are jealous of the Nets sucess and able to keep their all star while your all star left. I know what its like to have the worst team in the league. But dont hate on the Nets because they are good now be happy for us. When raptors are good in 20 years and Nets are struggling ill root for them.

WHODAT8o8
11-12-2012, 02:05 AM
sure are

meloman1592
LOL DoMeFavors LOL

Raps18-19 Champ
im not trying to be mean here, cause I kinda feel bad for you. But I think you are jealous of the Nets sucess and able to keep their all star while your all star left. I know what its like to have the worst team in the league. But dont hate on the Nets because they are good now be happy for us. When raptors are good in 20 years and Nets are struggling ill root for them.

I'm not jealous or hating on the Nets. I just state facts. They aren't title contenders this year. That's a fact.

aman_13
11-12-2012, 02:07 AM
I like the Nets, lots of potential to be a top tier team but I don't see that team winning a championship any time soon.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Ok well you will see in the playoffs, I hope you guys win the lottery next year so you can finally get into the playoffs. Its been a while.

Nets will be a first round casualty in the playoffs.

Raptors will be in the 8-12 range in the draft lottery so they most likely won't win the #1 pick.

And it's only been 4(?) years.

DoMeFavors
11-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Nets will be a first round casualty in the playoffs.

Raptors will be in the 8-12 range in the draft lottery so they most likely won't win the #1 pick.

And it's only been 4(?) years.

Hey im not trying to start anything, you dont need to defend the raptors. The raptors have insulted your intelligence. The product they have the floor I feel bad for the fans. Dont keep taking this crap from them. If you want to be on a winning team you will become a Net fan. I wont say anything I will actually comemnd you for being a man and sticking up for yourself. You dont need to take the crap from the Raptors anymore. Become a Net fan and you can watch a winning team and you wont be on the bandwagon because the title hasnt come yet. Just join the Nets fan base. Anyone else also. If you are sick of your team doing poorly for years like bobcats, pistons,raptors, magic now, hornets, and so on you can join the Nets.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-12-2012, 02:16 AM
I'm not really upgrading if I become a Nets fan.

DoMeFavors
11-12-2012, 02:18 AM
I'm not really upgrading if I become a Nets fan.

im telling you, they are spitting in your face. Buy a Nets jersey and put it on you will feel so happy and know that a team actually cares about you. Give it a try man.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-12-2012, 02:21 AM
I'd probably turn like you, so no thanks.

DoMeFavors
11-12-2012, 02:22 AM
I'd probably turn like you, so no thanks.

Well you can join whenever you want untill June, then you will be a fake Nets fan.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-12-2012, 02:23 AM
All Nets fans are fake anyways. So if I do decide to join, I'd probably fit right in.

DreamShaker
11-12-2012, 02:32 AM
im telling you, they are spitting in your face. Buy a Nets jersey and put it on you will feel so happy and know that a team actually cares about you. Give it a try man.

:laugh2::laugh2:

KnicksorBust
11-12-2012, 02:38 AM
On topic: I already said Clips will be in the WCF but apparently I can talk about the Nets in this thread?

Off topic: Raps just stop. You are the one looking bad in this back and forth conversation.

IBleedPurple
11-12-2012, 06:14 AM
Playoffs, yes. Contenders, no.

Clippersfan86
11-15-2012, 02:02 AM
:laugh:

Missing56&33
11-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Playoffs, yes. Contenders, no.

X2.....I need to see more

IversonIsKrazy
11-15-2012, 02:48 AM
They look legit this year. Last year they looked like a team that'll barely pass first round, even if they past first round, they won't get past second, which is what happened.
This year, they look like a team that can make a deep playoff run. It's all about the match-ups though. We gotta watch their match-up games with SAS, OKC, LAL

numba1CHANGsta
11-15-2012, 02:49 AM
This team will choke come playoff time, thats how much bad luck this team has

Clippersfan86
11-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Erik Spoelstra on the Clippers: "We view them as legit contenders for the title.''

Baller1
11-15-2012, 03:52 AM
This team will choke come playoff time, thats how much bad luck this team has

This isn't the Clippers of the past decade. This is a Clippers team with two top 15 players, and the deepest team in the league. It's hard to choke with that much firepower.

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 03:57 AM
Personally I didn't think they were a real contender but after watching them a few times this year I have been thoroughly impressed.

Still don't know if they have the team that can beat the Spurs, Lakers or Thunder 4 out of 7 times though.

We shall see

justinnum1
11-15-2012, 03:59 AM
yep. they are for real. the west is wide open for 5 teams imo.

DragonJaii
11-15-2012, 04:01 AM
sexy deep team.

Clippersfan86
11-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Scary thing is their starting SG (Billups) is still out as well as their 3rd or 4th bench player Grant Hill.

kyubi256
11-15-2012, 05:03 AM
They have a very deep team. They will be scary, but even then I don't think they are as good as San Antonio or Memphis. And OKC should be better than them also.

HowFit
11-15-2012, 05:22 AM
I say no since I don't think they are even the best team in their division, I think they are deep but their starting 5 won't be enough to take the lakers, I also think okc is better even with the loss of Harden, and I think the spurs are probably just ahead of them as well, other than the Lakers I give them a small chance against the other two teams, but I think the lakers once everyone is playing together and go into the playoffs on a roll this team is gonna be way to difficult to beat 4 times...I think Miami is the only real test for the lakers, but their size should overtake them as well, but with that said this clippers team will be good and will be a hard team to beat come playoff time, but I think a 2nd round exit is as far as they get with a small chance at conf finals

From a Lakers' fan, lol. Anyway, Clipps most def a real contender...

bigbeardaboss
11-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Any team that features Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and J Crawford has to be good. They are a very scary team capable of beating any NBA team on any given night as we witnessed yesterday against the Heat.

bigbeardaboss
11-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Maybe you should have added a poll to this thread.

Heediot
11-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Billups return will be huge intangible wise, he is the glue guy on the court. He knows how to settle the team down in tense moments. He may not be the same Billups but as long as he can help get to the line and hit 3's as before they will be even deadlier. Willie Green will be riding the pine soon. Billups experience on the court will pay dividends this year in the playoffs.

Hill will also help and give another playmaker, decent defender, and shooter.

Aust
11-15-2012, 07:41 AM
Hell yes they are a contender right now. Atm I give them a better chance than the Lakers.

Clippersfan86
11-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Best team in the NBA right now. 6-0 vs the NBA's contenders and now have 2nd best record in the league.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/12592336.jpg

Gagan136
11-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Yes.
Hell Yes.

Gagan136
11-20-2012, 12:52 AM
They are having a great season and there is not enough talk about them, they go into games and take care of business, i hate the team but damn they look good.

Clippersfan86
11-20-2012, 12:54 AM

Give this man a medal for effort though.

Clippersfan86
11-20-2012, 12:55 AM
They are having a great season and there is not enough talk about them, they go into games and take care of business, i hate the team but damn they look good.

Respect :clap:

MahNiggaBodie
11-20-2012, 12:59 AM
[quote=clippersfan86;24393712]best team in the nba right now. 6-0 vs the nba's contenders and now have 2nd best record in the league.

lol

shep33
11-20-2012, 01:01 AM
They're solid no doubt.

JRisdabest
11-20-2012, 01:02 AM
beat the heat,lakers,spurs(x2),memphis. we are looking nice.

MahNiggaBodie
11-20-2012, 01:12 AM
Eh, they blow. Their half court offense is pretty much give the ball to cp3, dribble around the perimeter for more than half of the shot clock and jack up a 3. Wont make it past the first round imo

Baller1
11-20-2012, 01:24 AM
LAC and Memphis both look scary right now... LA isn't even healthy either, crazy.

Baller1
11-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Eh, they blow. Their half court offense is pretty much give the ball to cp3, dribble around the perimeter for more than half of the shot clock and jack up a 3. Wont make it past the first round imo

They got past the first round last season... Not sure where you're going with this post.

celmxc
11-20-2012, 01:30 AM
I think its too early to tell because its so early in the season... however if the clips manage to get home court advantage in playoffs ... they have a chance to make it to west finals ...imo

Munkeysuit
11-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Clippers are for real! let's just hope they don't suffer any setbacks (injuries) The most powerful teams are all out West, I am so glad that all those teams have to beat up on each other during the playoffs. HEAT FAN

Baller1
11-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Clippers are for real! let's just hope they don't suffer any setbacks (injuries) The most powerful teams are all out West, I am so glad that all those teams have to beat up on each other during the playoffs. HEAT FAN

Yeah, the West is absolutely ridiculous.

Cracka2HI!
11-20-2012, 02:32 AM
As a fan of the league I can say my Clippers are the best team in the NBA right now and are probably the best regular season team the way they are built. I could dig up posts where I predicted they would win 60 games and win the West and obviously got ridiculed for it. I'm not that arrogant. I'll say the same thing now I said then. The regular season means next to nothing in the West. The Lakers, Spurs and Thunder have all been to the top of the mountain and we haven't. We'll see if we can get there this season. The bottom half of the playoffs is going to be filled with great teams who would love nothing more than knocking the Hollywood Lob City Flopping Crybaby Clippers out in the 1st Round. The regular season is going to be very fun for Clipper Nation!

My prediction remains the same. The Clippers could win 60 games and possibly win the #1 seed. I think there is no doubt they will win the Pacific Division and finally get to raise a banner. However I also think they could lose as early as Round 1, or they could win the whole damn thing! I have no idea how the team will do in the playoffs because that is a completely different game. The more I see of them the better I feel! I will say that much.

kyubi256
11-20-2012, 02:46 AM
Knicks - Clippers - Memphis. They look like the three best team in the NBA right now.

I say Clippers as of now are the best of the power ranked teams. But things can change by the end of the week

Clippersfan86
12-15-2012, 11:41 PM
9 straight wins by an average of 15 plus ppg. Start the excuses. Still no Billups or Hill either. Funny people had so many stupid theories.

This team was gonna suck defensively. They got worse this offseason. They are a first round,exit. Where my people's at!?

justinnum1
12-15-2012, 11:59 PM
cippers are the best team in LA. easily.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Clippers averaging 108 ppg during this win streak. Unstoppable juggarnaut. Wait till Billups and Hill are back. One of deepest teams in NBA history. CP3 and Blake back to form and a top 5 offense AND defense after tonight. What's scary is they still have a crap coach and a lot of upside. Odom looking good lately too. People said Barnes and Crawford were team cancers and both have been huge additions.

Sactown
12-16-2012, 12:14 AM
I look at the Clippers like I look at NY and Memphis and many of the up and coming teams, They're good, but I'm yet to claim them as the, elite, elite. I respect the hell out of the Clippers and I think they can make a serious push, I have it like this

Elite-Proven
OKC
Miami

Fantastic-Unproven
Clippers
Memphis
NY

VeryGood-Proven
SA

VeryGood-Unproven
GoldenState
Brooklyn
Timberwolves (When they're healthy and together)

In that order, I like what I'm seeing from these teams, but the seasons so young anyone of these unproven teams can take a turn for the worse. But if I were going to pick a team to be the next ELITE-ELITE behind Miami and OKC it would be the Clips. I like how they play and the pieces they have compared to Memphis and NY.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 12:18 AM
I agree with tiers you have but nonetheless that makes them legit contenders, just not favorites. Some guys in this thread really clowned the Clippers which was odd.

Sactown
12-16-2012, 12:20 AM
I agree with tiers you have but nonetheless that makes them legit contenders, just not favorites. Some guys in this thread really clowned the Clippers which was odd.

No I agree they're contenders, very very strong team, I have them as my 3rd favorite in the league, it just wouldn't surprise me if they fell apart against Memphis or OKC, or even SA. I like what they have there, just like I said they're unproven. Like I said I respect them.

But honestly I would take

OKC and SA over them in the West.

Blitzbolt
12-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Yes.
OKC
Spurs or Clippers
Grizzlies
...Maybe the lakers
RIGHT NOW.....
That's how I look at it now and I'm a grizz fan but the Gap is not that big between teams.

Alayla
12-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Iggy is not a go to guy? He's clutch as ****.

:confused: no hes not

JordansBulls
12-16-2012, 05:22 PM
What's the deal with Billups now? hasn't played since the 3rd?

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
What's the deal with Billups now? hasn't played since the 3rd?

Came back for 2 two games and pulled a small tendon in his foot. Should be back this week or next.

Cracka2HI!
12-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Yes.
OKC
Spurs or Clippers
Grizzlies
...Maybe the lakers
RIGHT NOW.....
That's how I look at it now and I'm a grizz fan but the Gap is not that big between teams.

Grizz and Clipps are the best rivalry in the NBA right now. They are the most evenly matched and play the best games to watch. Our games are just physical wars and there are still a few pretty plays! They really don't like each other too!

Clippersfan86
12-23-2012, 10:54 PM
:)

Everymanalion
12-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Ceiling- WCF

Jint.
12-24-2012, 12:20 AM
yes.. along with OKC, Spurs & the Grizz

JRisdabest
12-24-2012, 12:22 AM
13 straight. 0.0

RyanStorm
12-24-2012, 12:58 AM
There are 4 teams who I have already decided will make the playoffs and will be the top 4!

OKC-NW Leader
LAC-Pacific Leader
Memphs-SW Leader
SAS-WildCard/SW Leader

After that, you have several great teams wanting those last 4 spots:

Minn
Utah
Denver
Portland
LAL
Dallas
Houston
Golden State

Potential/Unlikely: Phoenix and Sacremento.

Not a contendor: New Orleans

Were looking at 3-4 way tie for 5th-8th place, with 9th-12th within 1 game.

RyanStorm
12-24-2012, 01:19 AM
I believe at least 3 NW teams will go, and my bet is on Minn and Utah. I just can't imagine LAL, GS or Dallas missing the playoffs. The only problem is, 3/4 teams in the top 4 are teams who use to be dog teams who never use to be this good(Vancover Grizzles, Seattle Super Sonics, and Clippers). Spurs are the only top 4 right now who have normally been there. So 3 teams hogging the top 4.

Now you got the most potent conference in the league, and with new blood, teams like Minn and Golden State finally have all star players.

Lakers, Utah, Houston and Dallas have normally had great players and playoff teams. Portland and Denver have been on and off.

LAL and Dallas are the last West Coast NBA Title holders. And is why I see them making it, even if they are lacking it up so far. Dallas has only two players from that Championship team. Lakers don't have Shaq, but they have a dream team, and will be a huge threat even if not in the top 4, cause they got Kobe.

My most logical final top 8:

OKC
SAS
Memphis
Clippers

LAL
GS
Minn
Utah

Leaving Portland, Denver, Dallas and Houston out.

Houston has such great talent, I just think they need to develop a better overall team and will not match against my picks. Portland has young blood that I think are amazing, but they still need a full team. Denver has some tough experienced players, but again, they can and will take out my picks, but I think they will be beaten.

LAL and GS are obviously better than the losing four, Kobe, Curry is all I got to say.
Minn has such amazing talent(Love, Rubio, Kilenko), they are a tough team to beat with great defense who can attack the board.

My favorite team, Utah, has such an advantage with the fact they are amazing at home, and their bench are good enough to face anyone's starters(because they are Jazz's future starters from the draft). If they fix their road situation, then expect them to do amazing things. Note, they are only doing great cause of their bench..every other team has way better starters.

*Note, if Dirk gets back in, Dallas might revive their losing season. I also don't want to underestimate Houston or Portland. I really hope those two can out beat GS and LAL. I also want to note that, Denver might want it more than Minn, and if Minn has any more injuries, I would expect Denver(or Portland) to knock them out.

Clippersfan86
12-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Mhmm. About to be the best record in the entire NBA and still no Billups or Hill. Not bad Clippers, not bad. Average win margin of 16 ppg during this streak.

Becks2307
12-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Best team in the L atm.

JRisdabest
12-26-2012, 02:18 AM
14 ! 0.0

UPRock
12-26-2012, 02:23 AM
Best L.A. team so far this season.

jam
12-26-2012, 02:25 AM
Chris Paul could turn a D League team into contenders for an NBA ring.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-26-2012, 02:29 AM
They legit.

Cracka2HI!
12-26-2012, 03:13 AM
This streak has been fun! I love watching basketball right now. The Clippers are not only very good but very fun to watch. They love playing together and the key parts are all young. I don't like some of CF86's threads but the Clippers are and should be one of the most talked about teams in the league!

kylem4711
12-26-2012, 03:16 AM
Mhmm. About to be the best record in the entire NBA and still no Billups or Hill. Not bad Clippers, not bad. Average win margin of 16 ppg during this streak.

quit being so annoying, thanks

Becks2307
12-26-2012, 03:18 AM
They are literally one of the most perfect regular season teams I've seen in a while. Playoffs will be a different story if we are looking at a:

Clippers Thunder
Lakers Spurs

Wcf semis....boy are we in for some basketball

Clippersfan86
12-26-2012, 03:20 AM
quit being so annoying, thanks

Wasn't it you who said the early season Clippers who won 6 straight were better? Just curious.

Cracka2HI!
12-26-2012, 03:22 AM
They are literally one of the most perfect regular season teams I've seen in a while. Playoffs will be a different story if we are looking at a:

Clippers Thunder
Lakers Spurs

Wcf semis....boy are we in for some basketball

As a Clippers fan I agree with this. I said all along this team was built for the regular season. The playoffs are truly a different story. The more I see this team the more I think they can win the playoffs though. Vinny seems like a better coach every game!

2-ONE-5
12-26-2012, 01:19 PM
these Clippers are easily the most fun team to watch in the league, its almost like a Globtortters game right now the way they are toying with teams. The only thing I think they are missing is a post presecence on offense.

RyanStorm
12-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I personally will admit that LAC are the real deal, IF, they beat my Utah on this back to back coming up this weekend!

I sure hope the Clippers beat Celtics, so that when Jazz play, they can steal their streak away, proving once again...don't underestimate this mountain city. What I like is that the first round is at Energy. Then we even got a 2nd chance just in case, to steal the streak at Staples!

Oh please Clippers, beat stupid celtics...if not, we will give you a 3 game losing streak.

RyanStorm
12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Beating Utah at home which Clippers and Memphis are the only ones this year so far, is a very a big thing(Jazz, Knicks and Miami the last three to be undeafted at home, Utah still has one of the best home records, you took our streak away last month, were gonna take yours.)

If you can come in and beat Utah at home(again), it really shows your Road skills(which you have done already), which has been Clippers strong suit(Miami being the only one near as less road losses, who are the NBA Champs).

Personally I think Utah will win at home, and will fall short like they always do at Staples(but we will see how tired LAC gets, They are close to being in the top 10 highest streaks, so it is amazing, I just think it won't last, because I think it is adding more pressure and I think Jazz want revenge, and to show that we are better(the series is tied 1-1)

I wish Jazz could be half as good as LAC on the road, if we could have a winning .500 on the road, we would totally be a playoff team. Home however is suppose to be a luxury, but its the lifeline so far(although Jazz have played many road games, with a tough season opening in November and December, we will see how other teams pan out when they get to 18 road games(14 of which were on long road trips for us). I mean Utah has 6 more road games than Clippers.

Jazz have x1 4 road game trips, and x2 3 road games, Clippers have had x4 3 home "stays"(which Jazz has only had 1 of, we play every other day and its home, road, home(with only 2-3 times where we got more than 1 day off(mainly cause of holidays)), I mean are opening 3 road trip games were against Spurs, Memphis and NO.

So if comparing Clippers to the Jazz, I would step back and look at it all. The season is early and Jazz have had a way tougher schedule by far. However, if Clippers can keep up this continually winning on the road and at home, then Memphis, Spurs and OKC better look out for that top spot(GS and LAL beter do something quick also to secure division title).

D-Leethal
12-26-2012, 06:50 PM
I still can't see them beating Memphis, SA, and who knows what the Lakers will look like in April. Their backcourt rotation is probably best in the league with CP3, Bledsoe, Billups, Crawford but I am not sold on their front court guys. I think in a playoff series when the game slows down and the pick and roll shuts down Blake and DJ can be defended and expose for what they can't do and you can limit what they can do. I would say Odom is their X-Factor if he can be anywhere near 6MOY Odom.

ESaady
12-26-2012, 06:54 PM
One of the deepest benches in the league, arguably the best PG in the league, solid supporting cast. Real contenders? Yessir. It's going to be tough for them but they have a really good chance at getting it done this year.

Iron24th
12-26-2012, 07:23 PM
If they can be that efficient in playoffs, they'll be a threat for sure.

Cracka2HI!
12-26-2012, 07:26 PM
these Clippers are easily the most fun team to watch in the league, its almost like a Globtortters game right now the way they are toying with teams. The only thing I think they are missing is a post presecence on offense.LOL! I use that Globetrotters reference often. I don't remember seeing a team toy with the opposition like the Clippers are now. We do have post presence. 2 actually. Blake has been excellent in the post during this streak. Even DeAndre is a post precense now.

I still can't see them beating Memphis, SA, and who knows what the Lakers will look like in April. Their backcourt rotation is probably best in the league with CP3, Bledsoe, Billups, Crawford but I am not sold on their front court guys. I think in a playoff series when the game slows down and the pick and roll shuts down Blake and DJ can be defended and expose for what they can't do and you can limit what they can do. I would say Odom is their X-Factor if he can be anywhere near 6MOY Odom.Clipps beat Memphis last year tho. Memphis is very good, but I can't buy that you can't see us beating them when we did it just last year.

Over Da Pence
12-27-2012, 04:10 AM
Not bad to barely beat the so called "darkhorse" of the west and one of the most hyped teams when you have 10 new players, your top 5 players injured and no experience as a team. Abe brings up a valid point that coaching is the biggest issue. Put this talent with a top tier coach and they might win the title if everything worked out nicely... with Vinny though I'm expecting 2nd round exit to WCF max.

Love clippers86fan

RyanStorm
12-27-2012, 06:34 AM
If your comparing Clippers to the other West Coast teams, my only real argument is the fact that Clippers have had an easy schedule so far.

I compared LAC to my Jazz, if we had your schedule we would be #1 in the division against GS and LAL! You have spent so much more time at home with like 4 times where you had 3 at home in a row.

Since your losing trip, your undefeated. The only highlight of this streak is winning all 4 on the east road trip, which was nice even if it wasn't against division leaders like when Utah faced Nets/Pacers/Heat/Magic on 1 trip.

You still had over 8 easy wins out of the current streak, with only 6 on the road(w/bucks and bulls). It would be a miracle for Utah to get 10+ in a row, but not if it were on this Clippers schedule.

You easily had one of the easiest opening schedules, and its easy to win when your not flying in an airplane every night and day and playing every other day at home, then road, then home!

I predict Clippers knocked out in 1st round by Lakers(who aren't really a road team). Houston got 22 games in a row in 08, they went to playoffs, where Utah knocked them out in the first round!

So Who can stand up when its hard, and prevail when its easy? You are prevailing like you should during this time, but will you be standing high and mighty at #1 when times get tough? Jazz are keeping a .500 during all the hard times, will you?

I just wonder how playoff ready they are, and if they are ready to out beat Spurs, OKC, and Memphis? Let alone Lakers, Utah, Minn, GS, Houston, Portland, Denver, Dallas and Phoenix), any one of these other teams would make for a tough 1st round. Hell Lakers are just as scary at #8 than #1, same with Dallas.

Honestly this is the first year that I actually want to watch Clipper games.

Method28
12-27-2012, 08:58 AM
If your comparing Clippers to the other West Coast teams, my only real argument is the fact that Clippers have had an easy schedule so far.

I compared LAC to my Jazz, if we had your schedule we would be #1 in the division against GS and LAL! You have spent so much more time at home with like 4 times where you had 3 at home in a row.

Since your losing trip, your undefeated. The only highlight of this streak is winning all 4 on the east road trip, which was nice even if it wasn't against division leaders like when Utah faced Nets/Pacers/Heat/Magic on 1 trip.

You still had over 8 easy wins out of the current streak, with only 6 on the road(w/bucks and bulls). It would be a miracle for Utah to get 10+ in a row, but not if it were on this Clippers schedule.

You easily had one of the easiest opening schedules, and its easy to win when your not flying in an airplane every night and day and playing every other day at home, then road, then home!

I predict Clippers knocked out in 1st round by Lakers(who aren't really a road team). Houston got 22 games in a row in 08, they went to playoffs, where Utah knocked them out in the first round!

So Who can stand up when its hard, and prevail when its easy? You are prevailing like you should during this time, but will you be standing high and mighty at #1 when times get tough? Jazz are keeping a .500 during all the hard times, will you?

I just wonder how playoff ready they are, and if they are ready to out beat Spurs, OKC, and Memphis? Let alone Lakers, Utah, Minn, GS, Houston, Portland, Denver, Dallas and Phoenix), any one of these other teams would make for a tough 1st round. Hell Lakers are just as scary at #8 than #1, same with Dallas.

Holy homer Batman!

Easiest opening schedule?! I think you better take a look at the opening month for the Clips schedule. There's only 2 cake games there.

Point is....when comparing the Jazz vs the Clippers there is no comparison right now. Clippers are just a better team flat out. Sorry to burst that bubble man but your homerism for the Jazz is going a lil far.

RyanStorm
12-27-2012, 09:56 AM
You only had two winning teams on the road games during your entire streak. Facing teams while being at home for 3 games is a lot easier than going back in forth, and going from your city to another which is being in 3 cities in 4-5 days, instead of sitting at home all week for 3 games, then taking a quick bus to phoenix just to come back and sit at home for another week and 3 games.

Your 14 game streak is filled with nothing but easy wins. The rest of your earlier schedule was slightly harder, but you still had a lot of help.

Between the 3rd and 17th you had one road game with Portland. Then you had one tough losing road trip and only won Spurs and lost to OKC, Hawks, and Nets(this is the extent of your "hard" season so far) and more is coming.

After the road trip, between the 26th of November and 9th of Dec, you faced 5/7 who were below .500, and 6/7 were at home, and the only road game was against Utah at Energy(the other .500 was Minn)(both teams sitting at the cusp of .500).
Then you did your second trip, with Bulls and Bucks which were contenders, but the other two were Detroit and Charlotte. Since then you had 3/4 games against losing teams with one road trip to the losing Suns, and Denver being the only one over .500 at a home game for you.

Besides for your two trips, your schedule has been very easy, especially compared to your upcoming schedule. Yeah you faced Spurs and Memphis early on but you still had home court advantage and were at home for 3 games!

Your streak is mainly what I was talking about, the 14 wins only had 2 teams that were good. Yeah you faced us at home, but you were at home for 3 games, came here, then went home for another 3 games. While the Jazz flew home from a 3 game road trip, to come and face the LAC(which is how we lost our home court winning streak).

If you think that is harder then what the Jazz have been through then, I don't know what to tell. Our schedule becomes a lot easier, so I just hope you have your fun cause I know your not gonna have streaks later this season(maybe in march). Houston thought they were great getting a title, cause they got 22 wins in a row, only to lose in the 1st round to the Jazz.

Pretty much your saying what you have done so far is just as hard as what your going to face in Janurary and February??? Guess again! All this free time you get at home is gonna not be there when your living out of a backpack. Your only going to have 3 home games for an entire month(30 days).

If you actually read anything I wrote, I was comparing Clippers schedule to Utah's, to point out how hard your schedule is going to become and that was the point(oh and to show that the streak isn't as amazing as people think it is, definitely not worth talking about rings or mvp, if that was the case, we should have given houston there rings and mvp for their 22 game streak)!

This had nothing to do with Utah or why they aren't winning in streaks(I already know why we are not winning, and I would only like to see what happens to your team if Chris Paul gets injured like Mo has been for several games so far this year missing 7 during big games) I mean how could they get a streak, when they have gone through the toughest part of their season with their biggest player being injured continually. This is besides the point.

I just wouldn't get too cocky. I would be surprised to see Clippers get .500 between all their games from Jan 14th and Feb 14th. After that its back on the easy wagon for them again. Just don't let the wins get to your heads. Yeah they will get you in the playoffs, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

Chronz
12-27-2012, 11:21 AM
If you think that is harder then what the Jazz have been through then, I don't know what to tell.
There are various metrics that factor strength of schedule and performance vs said factor, they all have the Clippers in the elite... so whats the problem again?

Our schedule becomes a lot easier, so I just hope you have your fun cause I know your not gonna have streaks later this season(maybe in march).
The presence of such a streak is already the milestone of a contender, so the likelihood of ANY team going through a streak like this is low.

Houston thought they were great getting a title, cause they got 22 wins in a row, only to lose in the 1st round to the Jazz.
That hilarious piece of revisionist history may have worked on another Clippers fan, but not one who happens to love the Rockets. NOBODY thought they would win a title, they had to play without Yao and a hurt Tmac, then it would be discovered that they would be without Rafer for the first 2 games of the playoffs, pretty much, nothing you said was true.

If you actually read anything I wrote, I was comparing Clippers schedule to Utah's, to point out how hard your schedule is going to become and that was the point(oh and to show that the streak isn't as amazing as people think it is, definitely not worth talking about rings or mvp, if that was the case, we should have given houston there rings and mvp for their 22 game streak)!
Nobody gives rings for regular season accomplishments, that doesnt mean there arent impressive feets of performance given the context of a regular season. Your strawman complaints dont carry weight.

I would only like to see what happens to your team if Chris Paul gets injured like Mo has been for several games so far this year missing 7 during big games
Last year we would have sucked, this year we often play better without him.

I just wouldn't get too cocky. I would be surprised to see Clippers get .500 between all their games from Jan 14th and Feb 14th. After that its back on the easy wagon for them again. Just don't let the wins get to your heads. Yeah they will get you in the playoffs, but it doesn't guarantee anything.
Maybe Im out of line, but did someone here guarantee anything?

He115ing
12-27-2012, 11:51 AM
I think they are, but every time Griffin dunks I am expecting his knees to explode.

torocan
12-27-2012, 11:54 AM
The Clippers are as real a contender as you can have WITHOUT having an actual legitimate play off run under their belt.

In other words, they're looking good right now. Other than that, it's up in the air until the show they can win in a play off series.

RLundi
12-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Perhaps, but they're unproven. They're incredibly deep though with battle-tested veterans, but as a team and more importantly, as a VDN-led unit, they haven't really done anything yet to lead me to believe they can wing a ring.

airforceones25
12-27-2012, 12:04 PM

Hate to reign on your parade but the Clippers have played the 12th hardest schedule to date compared to the Jazz who played the 15th hardest based on SOS. Quit your *****ing an go be a homer somewhere else.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 01:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/53320/killer-lineup-the-clips-tribe-called-bench

A big reason for them being legit is their dominant defense. When they lock in defensively no team is better on defense and they still haven't had Grant Hill play a game and Billups only played 3.

"How ruthless is "A Tribe Called Bench?" They surrender only 87.2 points per 100 possessions. As a frame of reference, no other unit among the NBA’s Top 50 most commonly used lineups came in below 90.0. Opponents posted an effective field goal percentage of 41.6 percent (only one other unit in the Top 50 held the opposition below 45 percent), and that doesn’t even account for the fact 20 percent of opponents’ possessions end in turnovers."

ZHawk1123
01-09-2013, 01:23 PM
ab so lute ly

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 01:28 PM

:clap::facepalm:

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 01:30 PM

This man knew his stuff. Good thing they addressed the defensive weakness and have now been a top 5 defense pretty much all year long.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 01:32 PM

Grizzlies melting down, trying to trade their two "franchise" players to get out of luxury tax. Clippers 4 games ahead of the Grizzlies and have the best record in the NBA.

kdspurman
01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
This thread will never go away :)

Trailblazer
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
In my opinion, anyone that will state that the clippers aren't truly contenders, states that only because they simply do not like the clippers....because when examining the clippers for purely basketball reasons, it is clear that they are contenders this season.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM

I lol'd twice.
First when you said Jazz would be #1 in our division.
Second when you said Lakers are making the playoffs.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 01:52 PM
This thread will never go away :)

As the season gets closer to the middle point.. I legitimately am starting to think the Clippers might win the championship. Miami looks flawed as hell and I think the Clippers should be healthier and hungrier than last year. I think they will do better this time against the Spurs and will prove that their favorable matchup against OKC the last 3 years is no fluke.

I'm willing to bet anybody that the champions are coming out of the west. It's going to be either the Spurs, Thunder or Clippers this year.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 02:01 PM

If Jazz fans had a schedule like the Warriors they would bawl. We just came off a 7 game road trip, and in January alone we face the Clippers 3 times, Memphis, Portland, Denver, Miami, San Antonio, OKC, and Chicago.
To say you would be #1 in our division is just so funny. Jazz have no talent compared to the Clippers, Lakers or Warriors. That's why the Jazz are below .500.

kdspurman
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
As the season gets closer to the middle point.. I legitimately am starting to think the Clippers might win the championship. Miami looks flawed as hell and I think the Clippers should be healthier and hungrier than last year. I think they will do better this time against the Spurs and will prove that their favorable matchup against OKC the last 3 years is no fluke.

I'm willing to bet anybody that the champions are coming out of the west. It's going to be either the Spurs, Thunder or Clippers this year.

The West is going to be so competitive. I do agree that it will be between those 3 teams in the West for sure. Only thing that'll slow one of these teams down is injuries.

Spurs/Clips would certainly be more of a series than last year. But a lot can still go down from now to the playoffs start. But as things stand right now, those 3 are the best in the league.

For the Clips/OKC, they probably will have a tough stretch (at some point?) I don't recall them having a lot of road games in a month yet or a bunch at one time. Spurs of course have their annual rodeo road trip, 9 straight road games. But in March they only have 2 road games since they had a lot early on. Winning on the road is important for sure.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
If Jazz fans had a schedule like the Warriors they would bawl. We just came off a 7 game road trip, and in January alone we face the Clippers 3 times, Memphis, Portland, Denver, Miami, San Antonio, OKC, and Chicago.
To say you would be #1 in our division is just so funny. Jazz have no talent compared to the Clippers, Lakers or Warriors. That's why the Jazz are below .500.

Damn they dropped below .500? :facepalm:. Clippers and Warriors seem to have this division under control for the next decade. Lakers will always be relevant but I honestly think after the worst failure in sports history, Dwight Howard will walk, Gasol will be traded and Kobe and Nash will retire in two years. That is such a MASSIVE failure that the Lakers will need a good 5-7 years to become a good team again.

They can't even sign and trade any of these guys either because they are so massively over cap.

BIG worm
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Clippers are totally legit....and Miami does look flawed as hell, but we say that every year around this time about Miami.

BIG worm
01-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Lakers ****ed up. i dont trust jim buss as an owner. he comes off as a snake.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Damn they dropped below .500? :facepalm:. Clippers and Warriors seem to have this division under control for the next decade. Lakers will always be relevant but I honestly think after the worst failure in sports history, Dwight Howard will walk, Gasol will be traded and Kobe and Nash will retire in two years. That is such a MASSIVE failure that the Lakers will need a good 5-7 years to become a good team again.

They can't even sign and trade any of these guys either because they are so massively over cap.

Actually there back at .500 since they won last game but still that's not much better haha.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 02:11 PM
The West is going to be so competitive. I do agree that it will be between those 3 teams in the West for sure. Only thing that'll slow one of these teams down is injuries.

Spurs/Clips would certainly be more of a series than last year. But a lot can still go down from now to the playoffs start. But as things stand right now, those 3 are the best in the league.

For the Clips/OKC, they probably will have a tough stretch (at some point?) I don't recall them having a lot of road games in a month yet or a bunch at one time. Spurs of course have their annual rodeo road trip, 9 straight road games. But in March they only have 2 road games since they had a lot early on. Winning on the road is important for sure.

Yea Spurs have had a crazy number of road games (more than home ones I think). Clippers hell period comes Jan-Feb with all the events at Staples center. They have a ton of road games in Jan and Feb. I do know I'm hoping for OKC more than the Spurs, simply because I think the Spurs give the Clippers more issues. Hopefully you guys and OKC will beat each other up in the early rounds, although a lot of that will have to do with how the dogfight for the top 3 seeds pans out.

On a nightly basis OKC, Clippers and Spurs keep switching for best record in the league. It's honestly unfair how stacked the west is. You have 3 teams that could win the title and 3 teams that if moved to the east would make the ECF at a minimum. Spurs and Clippers have matched up well with Miami so in the east I think they would be in the finals.

Let's move OKC to the eastern conference, since they are closer to the center of the US anyways.

macc
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
I would say they are easily a contender and not a team I would want to face in the playoffs. To much firepower.

kdspurman
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
The issues the Spurs give the Clipps I think is mostly mental. It's like they have that mental edge and experience factor. Because no way can they match their athleticism. Although, if they met this year the Clips could just turn the table on them.

I could see why you'd prefer OKC, I think the Clips have more weapons than they do, and Paul vs Westbrook would be pretty fun to watch. I could also see Paul trying to get in WB's head.

Getting the 1 seed would mean avoiding one of those other 2 teams will potentially the WCF. It'll be interesting to see, the West is always so tough. But to be the best you have to beat the best

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
The issues the Spurs give the Clipps I think is mostly mental. It's like they have that mental edge and experience factor. Because no way can they match their athleticism. Although, if they met this year the Clips could just turn the table on them.

I could see why you'd prefer OKC, I think the Clips have more weapons than they do, and Paul vs Westbrook would be pretty fun to watch. I could also see Paul trying to get in WB's head.

Getting the 1 seed would mean avoiding one of those other 2 teams will potentially the WCF. It'll be interesting to see, the West is always so tough. But to be the best you have to beat the best

Clippers are significantly better defensively than OKC and neutralize their biggest strengths while capitalizing on their weaknesses. Also remember Billups and Hill have been out all year and are returning. Hill likely makes his debut tonight, Billups likely returns in 2 weeks.

OKC's weaknesses are ball movement, scoring in the paint and turnovers. Wrong weaknesses to have against the Clippers who are..

A. Unstoppable when they have time to react defensively. Teams like the Spurs, Wolves, Warriors give them issues because they swing the ball so well and have so many shooters unlike OKC.

B. Blake and DJ can stay out of foul trouble easily when guarding Ibaka and Perkins in the paint which changes the entire game in H2H. Also DJ has his way with OKC because he's just way too big and athletic for Perkins.

C. The biggest problem for OKC vs the Clippers is their propensity to turn the ball over. It just so happens that the Clippers lead the NBA in turnovers forced, steals and converting those steals into buckets.

Additionally no other team in the NBA had 3 capable defensive SF's to throw at Durant (Hill, Barnes, Butler) that can all make him work and wear him down.

I agree all of the issues vs the Spurs come down to experience and the mental game. Coaching edge, experience as a unit and overall team IQ pose a problem for the young athletic teams. Then again the Clippers are much much better than last year.

Cracka2HI!
01-09-2013, 06:41 PM
My position hasn't and won't change until the playoffs. Pre-season prediction was possible 60 win team and #1 seed in the NBA. Could lose in the 1st round. We'll see when playoffs roll around. I am gaining confidence the more I see the team play but the last thing you'll see me doing is making any predictions for my team in the playoffs until we get there and I see the matchups and how everyone is playing...including us. Yes we've Billups and Hill out all year, but we've been pretty lucky with injuries...knocks on wood!

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 07:50 PM
My position hasn't and won't change until the playoffs. Pre-season prediction was possible 60 win team and #1 seed in the NBA. Could lose in the 1st round. We'll see when playoffs roll around. I am gaining confidence the more I see the team play but the last thing you'll see me doing is making any predictions for my team in the playoffs until we get there and I see the matchups and how everyone is playing...including us. Yes we've Billups and Hill out all year, but we've been pretty lucky with injuries...knocks on wood!

No reason to hold back dude. Arguably the most complete team in the NBA and top 5 offense and defense all year so far. The ONLY thing that will stop this titan is injuries since half of our guys are older and made of glass. If they are even 80+ percent healthy come playoff time with maybe 1-2 guys down they have a great shot at WCF and a shot at the finals even. I'm seeing that "It" factor in this team that you see in champions.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 08:22 PM
No reason to hold back dude. Arguably the most complete team in the NBA and top 5 offense and defense all year so far. The ONLY thing that will stop this titan is injuries since half of our guys are older and made of glass. If they are even 80+ percent healthy come playoff time with maybe 1-2 guys down they have a great shot at WCF and a shot at the finals even. I'm seeing that "It" factor in this team that you see in champions.

The only thing is that the Clippers lack much playoff experience. Teams like the Spurs and OKC are going to run over you if you don't have much experience playing in the offseason. You're regular season record doesn't reflect your ability to make a run in the playoffs. Because of your stacked roster and teammate chemistry I would't be too surprised to see you guys make the WCFs but I think for now I think that's as far as you'll go.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 08:25 PM
The only thing is that the Clippers lack much playoff experience. Teams like the Spurs and OKC are going to run over you if you don't have much experience playing in the offseason. You're regular season record doesn't reflect your ability to make a run in the playoffs. Because of your stacked roster and teammate chemistry I would't be too surprised to see you guys make the WCFs but I think for now I think that's as far as you'll go.

I think WCF is a realistic prediction but at that point it's usually decided by how a team is rolling and injuries so never know. I don't think OKC has an experience edge. The Clippers have 5 NBA champions on their roster and have added some players that have done nothing but win in their career. I think collectively the Clippers have the best mix of winning experience and youth in the entire league.

I do agree with your general thought though that experience as a TEAM may be troublesome, although I think the raw talent and athleticism will offset a ton of that (like OKC did to the Spurs last year).

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Just don't see a team being coached by Del Negro beating the Spurs or Thunder.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 09:05 PM

They said that about the Clippers even becoming a contender.

ThaDubs
01-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I think WCF is a realistic prediction but at that point it's usually decided by how a team is rolling and injuries so never know. I don't think OKC has an experience edge. The Clippers have 5 NBA champions on their roster and have added some players that have done nothing but win in their career. I think collectively the Clippers have the best mix of winning experience and youth in the entire league.

I do agree with your general thought though that experience as a TEAM may be troublesome, although I think the raw talent and athleticism will offset a ton of that (like OKC did to the Spurs last year).

I also feel the same way about the Thunder, but they're not going to miss the playoffs for a while and already have more playoff experience than most young teams. The Thunder are just so stacked and clutch it's ridiculous. Not to mention that have one of the most intimidating starting lineups in the NBA.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2013, 09:30 PM
I also feel the same way about the Thunder, but they're not going to miss the playoffs for a while and already have more playoff experience than most young teams. The Thunder are just so stacked and clutch it's ridiculous. Not to mention that have one of the most intimidating starting lineups in the NBA.

Another thing to factor in is how huge matchups factor in. For example to most of the league OKC is more dangerous than the Spurs... but to the Clippers.. OKC is a team they WANT instead of the Spurs. Matchups and health will be 80 percent of the battle when it comes down to the final 4 teams in each conference, especially the west. Teams I want the Clippers to avoid if possible are the Warriors and Spurs. Teams I want them to see.... Thunder, Grizzlies, Nuggets.

kylem4711
01-09-2013, 11:25 PM

I used to hate de negro. hate. now i am not sure about him. i do not think he is a great coach, but i do think he has made some pretty noticeable improvements. mainly in his substitutions.

i am still waiting to see how they do in the playoffs. i want to see if team will be able to slow the clippers down. i would still be really scared to play against the spurs. the team was injured last year, but it just seemed like the spurs had answers to everything the clippers brought.

Gagan136
01-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Hell yes, great and deep team.

Cracka2HI!
01-10-2013, 12:06 AM
I pretty much agree with kyle.

Clippersfan86
01-13-2013, 03:08 PM
The one main thing that separates the Clippers from the other elite is the lack of respect refs have for the team. Last night they attempted SIX freaking free throws in a very physical game (Magic got 19 or 20). Now mind you Blake had 30 points, only shot 3 jumpers and had ZERO free throw attempts. Meaning most of his moves were in contact, in the post.

I guess the flopping, complaining to refs and yelling at refs from previous years are catching up which is wrong. Refs shouldn't be holding long term grudges and turning a blind eye to this stuff.

Name ONE other team in the NBA that can have their star get cheapshotted like this and not even get a basic foul call, let alone a flagrant 2. What's worse is in both of these plays refs are RIGHT THERE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIPDW7TQwSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkl5I-vbywk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raxJ38_4svw

Yesterday a 13 game home streak was ended largely due to this reffing issue. A dominant team in the paint lost the free throw shooting battle by 3 times over to a 3 point bombing team. Help me understand that.

kylem4711
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
stop upping this thread.

signed all of psd, including clipper fans.

IIISSKiLL
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM

The other L.A. team doesn't look like they will get past the 1st round. Clips can beat SA but will lose to thunder in WCF imo

KnicksorBust
01-13-2013, 04:29 PM

Genius.

Cracka2HI!
01-13-2013, 04:53 PM
I was at the game yesterday and I didn't notice the refs doing a poor job. There were certainly bigger reasons we lost and plenty of plays we could have made to win the game.

kdspurman
01-13-2013, 07:43 PM
The one main thing that separates the Clippers from the other elite is the lack of respect refs have for the team. Last night they attempted SIX freaking free throws in a very physical game (Magic got 19 or 20). Now mind you Blake had 30 points, only shot 3 jumpers and had ZERO free throw attempts. Meaning most of his moves were in contact, in the post.

I guess the flopping, complaining to refs and yelling at refs from previous years are catching up which is wrong. Refs shouldn't be holding long term grudges and turning a blind eye to this stuff.

Name ONE other team in the NBA that can have their star get cheapshotted like this and not even get a basic foul call, let alone a flagrant 2. What's worse is in both of these plays refs are RIGHT THERE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIPDW7TQwSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkl5I-vbywk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raxJ38_4svw

Yesterday a 13 game home streak was ended largely due to this reffing issue. A dominant team in the paint lost the free throw shooting battle by 3 times over to a 3 point bombing team. Help me understand that.

I think most teams feel that way not named Miami or OKC.

But I don't think that's why the game was lost. In the end, Orlando executed their stuff better and hit some tough shots. That's how it goes sometimes. Afflalo played great on both ends, and guarded CP3 well, so they ended up having the ball in Crawfords hands in the end.

JordansBulls
01-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Who else is the favorite over them?

sep11ie
01-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Whoever has HCA!!!