PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves criticized for having too many white players

GodsSon
10-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Dante Cunningham noticed when he reported for work in Minnesota this fall that his new Timberwolves team is unlike any for which he has ever played.

"Day One, we were all in the elevator and I kind of looked up," he said about a crowded ride with many of his new teammates, "and I was just like, 'Where is everybody?' "

Everybody, in this case, being black teammates. Come opening night on Friday, Cunningham will be one of five black players on a 15-man Wolves team that has reversed the National Basketball Association's historical racial percentages with a roster that is the league's whitest since the Boston Celtics teams of the 1980s.

Raised in Washington, D.C., and educated at Villanova, Cunningham played his first four professional seasons for three different teams in a league where American-born black players constituted 78 percent of roster spots last season and have been at least 75 percent since 1991-92.

Twin Cities black leaders have noticed, suggesting the franchise strategically has rolled back the calendar by decades in a league that long has been at the forefront of diversity among America's professional sports leagues.

"How did we get a roster that resembles the 1955 Lakers?" asked Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council. "I think everything is a strategy. Nothing happens by happenstance."

That strategy, Terrell and others in the black community believe, is to sell tickets to the Wolves' fan base, which is overwhelmingly white.

When everyone's healthy, the Wolves will start Love alongside Europeans Ricky Rubio, Andrei Kirilenko, Nikola Pekovic and American Brandon Roy, a three-time former All-Star who in attempting a retirement comeback on degenerative knees is their only black starter.

Terrell calls it "scary" that the Wolves would assemble a roster almost 70 percent white in a sport so dominated by blacks. For Edwards, the numbers trouble him by the "historical view," what he calls a "nullification of diversity and a reversal of history."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/176071391.html?refer=y

It's pretty ridiculous that they would actually be getting flack for this. Typical 1st world problems...

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-29-2012, 06:49 PM
goddamn nazi bastards!

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 06:51 PM
I mean, they are white, but we have a ton of international players. It's not like we have 10 american born whites. Besides, which would you take?

Johnson
Webster
Beasley

Shved
Budinger
Kirilenko

Avenged
10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Boo-hoo.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
people do realize plan A was Batum as well, right? When it fell apart, Adelman wanted AK-47, because he fits the style of ball. Shved was a Kahn move, loved him the last year, and replacing Webster with Budinger, a trusted player for Adelman, and Stiemsma over Darko, were obvious.

abe_froman
10-29-2012, 06:54 PM
so? i dont hear anyone complaining when there are some teams that are entirely black

good is good,they put the best team together that they could,just happened to be very white(just like indy was for awhile)

douglas
10-29-2012, 06:56 PM
I think the reason why people make a big deal about the Minnesota Timberwolves having a lot of white players is because other teams do not usually have as many white players on their team.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Rubio- Spain
Roy- black
Kirilenko- Russian
Love- white
Pekovic- Montenegran
Budinger- white
Cunningham- black
Stiemsma- white
Williams- black
Shved- Russian
Barea- Puerto Rican
Ridnour- white
Lee- black
Conroy- black

lots of internationals.

SenorPerro
10-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Who wrote that article, Jemele Hill?

blastmasta26
10-29-2012, 07:02 PM
"Nothing happens by happenstance." Really? The fact of the matter is, the Wolves have several international players and they are looking much better than they have in the past. The only time this would be suspicious is if a predominantly black team became white and got significantly worse in the process.

kobe4thewinbang
10-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Didn't know Brandon Roy was white! This basically says it's "more PC" to have a balanced amount of black and white players. Phooey on having good players in general! Psht!

The fact that Minnesota is believing in good white players is admirable because finding a white player in the NBA is like finding a needle in a haystack.

What a stupid article. Cunningham should be fined for his stupid remark about expecting "players of his color." This isn't 1970.

DreamShaker
Because the white players they have are good, and the point of a team is to have good players. It's not like Indiana after the brawl when they were trying revamp the image. I think it is honestly because Addelman looks like Hitler and loves Euro players ;-)

soundjunkies2
Whats the big deal. The Clippers only have 1 white player, Blake Griffin, and hell that is stretching it.

ChiSox219
10-29-2012, 07:07 PM
from the comments:

Where was all the interviewing of white community organizers in 2005 when Hoiberg was the only white guy

DreamShaker
10-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Who wrote that article, Jemele Hill?

Lol. She is so ridiculous half the time. And I'm pretty sure her and LZ Granderson are the same person.

keymax
10-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Could anyone imagine the outrage if someone was complaining that there are too many black players on a team?

penuch
10-29-2012, 07:10 PM
I hate **** like this. If the team has people who can play, who cares what their skin color is? I don't hear any councils coming out and saying we don't have enough white people in basketball.

hugepatsfan
10-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Could anyone imagine the outrage if someone was complaining that there are too many black players on a team?

Oh
My
God

It would be insane

albertajaysfan
10-29-2012, 07:13 PM
"Nothing happens by happenstance."

Our man douglas has been rubbing off on people.

I also ask how does nothing happen? I would like to see this nothing he speaks of happen some time.

But seriously this is ridiculous. As mentioned above they have tons of international players and will probably have the best record they have had in years. Something tells me that their front office realizes winning will sell more tickets than a bunch of white guys.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 07:13 PM
was a big deal ever made out of how many white player John Thompson recruited?

who

cares

cheaptrikz
10-29-2012, 07:14 PM
who cares

DreamShaker
10-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Whats the big deal. The Clippers only have 1 white player, Blake Griffin, and hell that is stretching it.

That's the whole stigma of white players being inferior. Just like a white running back or wideout in the NFL, or frankly, a black qb. Predjudice is still alive in this country, sadly. Across the board.

CavsYanksDuke
10-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I think the reason why people make a big deal about the Minnesota Timberwolves having a lot of white players is because other teams do not usually have as many white players on their team.

Good God, I love you.

SenorPerro
10-29-2012, 07:17 PM
The White Sox are called "white"! Stop the pressesz!!!!

Quinnsanity
10-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me. They tried to sign Batum (black) before Kirilenko. Kevin Love is a top 10 player in the league. Rubio is one of the best young point guards in the league. Pek is a solid player on a great deal. They're just trying to assemble a good team. I hate how racial leaders try to turn everything into racism against their own race. It's sickening. People like this do so much more to hurt racial progress than help it.

JNoel
10-29-2012, 07:18 PM
There is an obvious pattern in having the franchise player being white, surrounding him with other white players. Look at the 85 Celtics which had Bird as its franchise player. Now you have Kevin Love, I think Wolves want to make him feel comfortable, and playing with players of his race may make him feel more comfortable, thus improving his overall play and keep him wanting to stay in a small market. It could also be for other reasons but this is primarily why, and I think it's good for the nba imo. It's not to say he would play worse or feel less welcome with black players, it just gets Love to a certain comfort level where the T-Wolves need him to be.

JasonJohnHorn
10-29-2012, 07:19 PM
WHAT THAT FAWK!!!!! Seriously? They are drafting and signing European players! WTF?!?!?! They've been drafting well.... this is crazy!

This is much the same as what Toronto has been doing. They draft European guys (I think in part because European players don't mind playing in small markets and typically don't made crazy demands for moster contracts). If you can pick out good European players, it's a great approach (It's just not working in TO because Coangelo doesn't know how to draft good players).

anyways... I'm generally pretty sensative to issues of race and such, and even I think this is out of line....

Lakers4life08
10-29-2012, 07:21 PM
well wolves will be last at dunkings per game ,but they have talent to get that 7-8 seed

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 07:22 PM
There is an obvious pattern in having the franchise player being white, surrounding him with other white players. Look at the 85 Celtics which had Bird as its franchise player. Now you have Kevin Love, I think Wolves want to make him feel comfortable, and playing with players of his race may make him feel more comfortable, thus improving his overall play and keep him wanting to stay in a small market. It could also be for other reasons but this is primarily why, and I think it's good for the nba imo. It's not to say he would play worse or less welcome with black players, it just gets Love to a certain comfort level where the T-Wolves need him to be.

what? You feel more comfortable in the basketball world, especially at the NBA level, playing with GOOD players. Do you really think Love hasn't been teammates with mostly blacks his entire life after high school?

That was a ridiculous response, and a complete reach.

IndyRealist
10-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Anyone who's actually paid attention knows that they went out and got the best players available, in some cases dumping incredibly unproductive players in the process.

DreamShaker
10-29-2012, 07:25 PM
There is an obvious pattern in having the franchise player being white, surrounding him with other white players. Look at the 85 Celtics which had Bird as its franchise player. Now you have Kevin Love, I think Wolves want to make him feel comfortable, and playing with players of his race may make him feel more comfortable, thus improving his overall play and keep him wanting to stay in a small market. It could also be for other reasons but this is primarily why, and I think it's good for the nba imo.

Kevin Love is not the type of guy who would care. He's a Cali guy. He can likely relate to one of his college buddies like Westrook or AA more than the goofy Euro dudes on the team. And im pretty sure Bird kinda hated McHale.

JasonJohnHorn
10-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I love how people are worried that there aren't enough people from one specific ethnicity... in this isntance Blacks. But what about Hispanics? And Jewish people? Nobody is calling the Lakers anti-semetic because they've never had a Jewish player on their roster (I don't know that for a fact, I actually just made it up, but it's more of a polemic arguement). Where is the ACLU when you need them!?

JNoel
10-29-2012, 07:26 PM
what? You feel more comfortable in the basketball world, especially at the NBA level, playing with GOOD players. Do you really think Love hasn't been teammates with mostly blacks his entire life after high school?

That was a ridiculous response, and a complete reach.

I just feel its a effort from the T-Wolves management to try to keep Love in Minnesota. They fear he will leave for a big market like many other young stars have, and really this is a desperate attempt to try to lure him away from big market teams.

TheNumber37
10-29-2012, 07:27 PM
If you had Marbury, Sprewelll, Troy Hudson, and Trenton Hassel on your team, you'd try to get past it too.

TheNumber37
10-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Just kidding by the way ;)

nacdaddy
10-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me. They tried to sign Batum (black) before Kirilenko. Kevin Love is a top 10 player in the league. Rubio is one of the best young point guards in the league. Pek is a solid player on a great deal. They're just trying to assemble a good team. I hate how racial leaders try to turn everything into racism against their own race. It's sickening. People like this do so much more to hurt racial progress than help it.

AGREED 100%. If they seriously actually thought before they spoke, they would realize how fuking dumb and absurd half their statements are. They need to stop trying to make a name for themselves and let go of that crutch they hold onto so tightly in the form of racial prejudice.

Im not saying there's not a lot of problems to be fixed in this world but like quinnsanity said, they ain't helping either.

JNoel
10-29-2012, 07:30 PM
A perfect example is team USA, to me Love seemed kinda lost in the shuffle and at times didn't really seem all that comfortable. Deron Williams made a comment about himself being "half-white"on Twitter to try to make Love feel comfortable about being the only white guy on the team while Love was slumping.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 07:35 PM
I just feel its a effort from the T-Wolves management to try to keep Love in Minnesota. They fear he will leave for a big market like many other young stars have, and really this is a desperate attempt to try to lure him away from big market teams.

Keeping Love in Minnesota requires winning games. They dumped:

Johnson
Beasley
Randolph
Webster
Milicic
Tolliver
#18 pick

They picked up"

Roy
Shved
Budinger
Kirilenko
Stiemsma
Amundson

traded Ellington for Cunningham

I don't care if they are green, I only care if they are better, which they are

DreamShaker
10-29-2012, 07:35 PM
I love how people are worried that there aren't enough people from one specific ethnicity... in this isntance Blacks. But what about Hispanics? And Jewish people? Nobody is calling the Lakers anti-semetic because they've never had a Jewish player on their roster (I don't know that for a fact, I actually just made it up, but it's more of a polemic arguement). Where is the ACLU when you need them!?

Farmar is a Jew ;-)

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 07:36 PM
A perfect example is team USA, to me Love seemed kinda lost in the shuffle and at times didn't really seem all that comfortable. Deron Williams made a comment about himself being "half-white"on Twitter to try to make Love feel comfortable about being the only white guy on the team while Love was slumping.

early on, it was because his role was limited, something a superstar is not accustomed to. He ended up being one of the more important players in the gold medal run.

It has zero to do with white and black. Any white player, if they get to the NBA level, has been around mostly black teammates/friends their whole life.

DreamShaker
10-29-2012, 07:38 PM

He looked uncomfortable because he was riding the pine.

Rndy
10-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Nobody tell Screamin A Smith.

JNoel
10-29-2012, 07:46 PM
early on, it was because his role was limited, something a superstar is not accustomed to. He ended up being one of the more important players in the gold medal run.

It has zero to do with white and black. Any white player, if they get to the NBA level, has been around mostly black teammates/friends their whole life.

For sure he feels comfortable around black teammates, but it was a combination of different things. Kevin Love is documented as being a socially awkward guy, and someone can just see that he was doing his own little thing on the bench as Dreamshaker mentioned, riding the pine. A mixture of big egos and mixed personalities all played into his play in the beginning of team USA and the first few games and ultimately his comfort level throughout the whole time.

topdog
10-29-2012, 07:49 PM
He looked uncomfortable because he was riding the pine.

Also, he was a bit unhappy about being the only player (aside from rookie Anthony Davis) who had yet to be in the playoffs. This loops the discussion back to Hawkeye's comment about winning makes you comfortable.

AsfanSince99
10-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Twin Cities black leaders have noticed, suggesting the franchise strategically has rolled back the calendar by decades in a league that long has been at the forefront of diversity among America's professional sports leagues.

"How did we get a roster that resembles the 1955 Lakers?" asked Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council. "I think everything is a strategy. Nothing happens by happenstance."

That strategy, Terrell and others in the black community believe, is to sell tickets to the Wolves' fan base, which is overwhelmingly white.
What an asinine accusation. Typical liberal politicians... let's see if they get any criticism from the media for this? I doubt it, they always get a pass when it comes to bull **** like this.

First of all, I don't see these black leaders calling for diversity when NBA rosters are all black? Second of all, you pan the arenas of NBA cities and the majority in the crowds are white, so that debunks his illogical theory that the Wolves are catering to the overwhelmingly white fan base. If a white fan base needs to be appeased as such, more teams would be doing this to the detriment of their team no less. A fan base regardless of race wants a team that wins. It's been proven time and again, just look at the rabid fans of SEC football who rather have a team full of convicts than a losing football team. Lily-white Portland supported the JailBlazers for years setting a team record for sellouts.

This is why I love sports because the BEST people get the job; same with the Olympics, you get the best to represent your country regardless of race.

This is much the same as what Toronto has been doing. They draft European guys (I think in part because European players don't mind playing in small markets and typically don't made crazy demands for moster contracts). If you can pick out good European players, it's a great approach (It's just not working in TO because Coangelo doesn't know how to draft good players).
Toronto isn't a small market, it's an international city.

There is an obvious pattern in having the franchise player being white, surrounding him with other white players. Look at the 85 Celtics which had Bird as its franchise player. Now you have Kevin Love, I think Wolves want to make him feel comfortable, and playing with players of his race may make him feel more comfortable, thus improving his overall play and keep him wanting to stay in a small market. It could also be for other reasons but this is primarily why, and I think it's good for the nba imo. It's not to say he would play worse or feel less welcome with black players, it just gets Love to a certain comfort level where the T-Wolves need him to be.

Wow, what an ignorant response. By your logic, the Rockets should have signed more Chinese players to make JLin feel more comfortable in Houston. KLove also has many black friends, including his best friend from UCLA who happens to be black.

Chill_Will_24
10-29-2012, 07:52 PM

Farmar was a Jew lol

kenzo400
10-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Rubio- Spain
Roy- black
Kirilenko- Russian
Love- white
Pekovic- Montenegran
Budinger- white
Cunningham- black
Stiemsma- white
Williams- black
Shved- Russian
Barea- Puerto Rican
Ridnour- white
Lee- black
Conroy- black

lots of internationals.

Lol, why do you keep putting this. It doesn't matter that they are European. They are still white!

JNoel
10-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Wow, what an ignorant response. By your logic, the Rockets should have signed more Chinese players to make JLin feel more comfortable in Houston. KLove also has many black friends, including his best friend from UCLA who happens to be black.

I don't think it's Love's wanting, he would probably rather play with the best player like Hawkeye mentioned rather than skin color. I just think its managements attempt to try to do what they think will be the best decision to try to keep Love. Based on how Love plays this upcoming season we will see how the few added white players will positively affect Loves play.

Guppyfighter
Even the black ones are white.

stipe1280
Good to know that Dante Cunningham is a racist, along with the chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council. Bigots.

Guppyfighter
I don't think it's Love's wanting, he would probably rather play with the best player like Hawkeye mentioned rather than skin color. I just think its managements attempt to try to do what they think will be the best decision to try to keep Love. Based on how Love plays this upcoming season we will see how the few added white players will positively affect Loves play.

You think that because you like to think wrong things.

1-800-STFU
10-29-2012, 08:00 PM

This is dumb.

They added BETTER PLAYERS, of course he will seem better. Race is a non-issue.

They made the decision to build around Love by signing good players to keep him there. WOW! What a revolutionary tactic.

BuddhaMONK
10-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Real reason is that black's don't like the cold...that's why they wear toques and winter coats when it's 40C out.

AsfanSince99
10-29-2012, 08:11 PM

LOL, it's stunning that you don't realize how ridiculous your comments are... If indeed true, which it is not, then the Twolves shud have tried surrounding Love with white players who spoke English.

Good to know that Dante Cunningham is a racist, along with the chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council. Bigots.
We don't know if Cunningham is a racist? He, for all we know, was making an observation, and there's nothing wrong with that, especially if all of his teams in the past have been primarily all black.

Barkley made a similar comment when he was traded to the Suns. But he also added, "these white boys can play." And that's the way it should be.

DerekRE_3
10-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Rubio- Spain
Roy- black
Kirilenko- Russian
Love- white
Pekovic- Montenegran
Budinger- white
Cunningham- black
Stiemsma- white
Williams- black
Shved- Russian
Barea- Puerto Rican
Ridnour- white
Lee- black
Conroy- black

lots of internationals.

Adelman loves his international guys. A lot of the time it is because they fit his style better.

LA_Raiders
10-29-2012, 08:15 PM
lol

JNoel
10-29-2012, 08:20 PM
LOL, it's stunning that you don't realize how ridiculous your comments are... If indeed true, which it is not, then the Twolves shud have tried surrounding Love with white players who spoke English.

We don't know if Cunningham is a racist? He, for all we know, was making an observation, and there's nothing wrong with that, especially if all of his teams in the past have been primarily all black.

Barkley made a similar comment when he was traded to the Suns. But he also added, "these white boys can play." And that's the way it should be.

I meant to say if the few added white players positively affect him or not
I think he plays the same way he played in his previous seasons.

KnickaBocka.44
10-29-2012, 08:24 PM
It's a racism reversal. This guy, Terrell, is living in the past. It really pisses me off when people from minority groups take coincidence and try and turn it into conspiracy.

AsfanSince99
10-29-2012, 08:26 PM
I meant to say if the few added white players positively affect him or not
I think he plays the same way he played in his previous seasons.
just let it go bro, let it go..

LakersMaster24
10-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Still find it funny that a all black team is no problem, but a all white team is racist. Its not like Minny got those players because they were white. They got players who who were better than their former guys and happen to be white.

What happened to equality? Or does it only apply to non whites?

BcEuAbRsS
10-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Must be why KG was traded...

jayjay33
10-29-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't seee the problem if I had a team in mini, I'd put as many white guys on the team as I could as long as they could play......dollar bills.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Lol, why do you keep putting this. It doesn't matter that they are European. They are still white!

Because it does make a difference. Seriously.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Adelman loves his international guys. A lot of the time it is because they fit his style better.

exactly right. He likes multiple ball handlers, passers, and cutters. Sorry, we don't teach that type of game state side at some point.

Swashcuff
10-29-2012, 08:36 PM
First off the two columnists who wrote this article were........... wait on it.......... White. Secondly the only reason this article was even written was to stir up some sort of headlines for the column. We've seen this type of ploy time and time again from media houses this is no different. Its idiotic to call out the Wolves for having as many white players as they do but guess what idiotic things tend to draw major attention and its doing just that right now.

Swashcuff
10-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Must be why KG was traded...

See what I was talking about idiotic things... :rolleyes:

Swashcuff
10-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Still find it funny that a all black team is no problem, but a all white team is racist. Its not like Minny got those players because they were white. They got players who who were better than their former guys and happen to be white.

What happened to equality? Or does it only apply to non whites?

I think 29 of the majority owners in the league are white right? I'm not sure what % of the GMs are white as well basically the vast majority of the FO personnel are white in not only the NBA but all of the major American sporting leagues. If a bunch of white guys put together a team of black players when more than 2/3 of the league is made up of African American players its comes across as being fine and not racist in the very least. Flip it and have those same white execs put together a team of mostly white players (who are in the NBA considered the minority) well it seems as if they are looking out for their own and we get rubbish like this.

This isn't a question of equality but rather the viewpoint of some people with as they'd say in my country "backward thinking".

mngopher35
10-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Cmon guys this is a non-story written to stir things up and get some attention for the paper/writers. The wolves got the best players that they could trade for and sign, thats it. We started out fa going hard after batum and when it didnt work we signed shved and AK47. I guarantee you love could care less what race his teammates are, as long as they are good.

Badluck33
10-29-2012, 10:27 PM
not a lot of things can bother me in sports but Racism certainly does.

Who cares if they are all white or all black?

They all shut up when they start winning games.

idiots.

Blitzbolt
10-29-2012, 10:33 PM
I find it funny because Dante C use to be in Memphis last year with ONE white player Marc Gasol(and another one from Iran not sure if that counts)So I bet it was pretty shocking for him.

ldawg
10-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Stupid article, This writer had nothing better to do.

TO Rapz
10-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Well the Raptors used to get ripped for this. **** we still do. Our starting front court is white.

thrice4
10-29-2012, 10:56 PM
I hope hey get rid of Cunningham and Roy then. Let the idiots who don't have anything else to write about complain more.

popo85
10-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Smh Cunningham and whoever is crying about it

*Silver&Black*
10-29-2012, 11:27 PM

This guy is sounding racist trying to act like others are. So you mean the standard should be that every roster should be majority a certain color, and when it isn't, it's racist? Sounds like he is the racist.

Also if anything, Wolves have one of the most diverse rosters in the league (nationality). Way to base things by just looking at skin color.

JWO35
10-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Move over Indiana Pacers!!!! :rolleyes:

seriously, does it ****ing matter?

Blitzbolt
10-29-2012, 11:56 PM

Yes it does why will happen if you see an all black Hockey team people don't like change.

We that balance to keep sane.

AddiX
10-30-2012, 12:24 AM
The thing is, is it's never a coincidence in the NBA when a team has a lot of white players.

especally for a team that is desperate for a fan base. I think it's mostly nonsense, but a lot of franchises believe white player = white people money.

Mostly bs IMO, unless were talking Utah.

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 12:34 AM
lol wow didn't realize they had that many on the team. its a complete non-issue though, but kinda funny just because it's so uncommon.

LakersMaster24
10-30-2012, 12:37 AM
All I am saying is that I would take a line up of

Nash
Chris Mullin
Larry Bird
Dirk
Love

over

Ben Uzoh
Andrew Goudelock
Chris Douglas Roberts
Ronny Turiaf
Ryan Hollins

ANYDAY. Not because they are white though, but simply because they are better. Timberwolves picked up players that are better than their former players.

Tony Perkis
10-30-2012, 12:42 AM
How is this not racist? Had it been reversed, and somebody came out and said theres not enough white players on a baseball team or white dominated sport, it would be a huge story, people would lose their jobs etc. If you want to be treated equally then dont whine about stupid crap like this.

michaelb2254
10-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Why does the Boston Celtics roster look like a 1955 cotton field?

Korman12
10-30-2012, 01:56 AM
This is a non-issue.

kenzo400
10-30-2012, 01:57 AM
Because it does make a difference. Seriously.

Difference in what way? They are still white. I don't think ethnicity itself makes a difference. Their experience in international basketball does but that has nothing to do with their ethnicity.

Laker Legend42
10-30-2012, 02:04 AM
White guys probably say that on every other team. You should have kept that one Dante. Black players are in the majority in the nba. Play ball Dante.

Laker Legend42
10-30-2012, 02:04 AM
This is a non-issue.

Twice

metsbulls1025
10-30-2012, 02:15 AM
So is it OK if white people complain that 70 percent or more of the league is black?

topdog
10-30-2012, 02:17 AM

Daunte Cunningham's comments are not racist for all of those accusing him of that. He simply commented that it was a noticeable difference walking in to see a team of white guys (just like it would be a noticeable difference to walk into a lockerroom where the walls were black instead of white). He wen on to say (much like Barkley in post above) that the players simply are athletic and it's not what people generally expect from white players.

RangersMets
10-30-2012, 02:30 AM
Silly me, thinking that with the season actually starting we could stop hearing players say dumb **** just because they are bored.

Nope.

Moving along....

OaklandsFinest
10-30-2012, 02:51 AM
And the T Wolves wonder why they don't make the playoffs smh

John Walls Era
10-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Who cares as long as they win. Which isn't happening yet.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Difference in what way? They are still white. I don't think ethnicity itself makes a difference. Their experience in international basketball does but that has nothing to do with their ethnicity.

and there ethnicity means crap. Good basketball players is all I am interested in as a Wolves fan, and Wes, Beasley, Webster, Randolph, and co weren't cutting it.

PurpleJesus
10-30-2012, 04:03 AM
I dont understand how race is an issue here. The Wolves looked to improve the roster this year, and did that...were they supposed to pass on Kirilenko because he is white? The Wolves top 3 targets this year were Roy, Batum, and Jordan Hill...they got Roy, and went to plan B after missing on Batum and Hill.

Mike515089
10-30-2012, 04:20 AM
Holy crap 8 white guys on 1 team thats practicly a clan meeting

HowFit
10-30-2012, 04:32 AM
That article is just plain ridiculous...

Lucky Junior
10-30-2012, 04:43 AM
It really just depends on what the motivation was when putting together the team. If they were targeting the best players and it just so happens they ended up whiter than normal than no big deal. But if they really were favoring white players than you reap what you sow since they aren't going to make the playoffs anyway.

Not gonna lie though, I fully suspected that Bird was favoring white players with the Pacers, and it actually set the team back years.

Guppyfighter
10-30-2012, 04:43 AM
It really just depends on what the motivation was when putting together the team. If they were targeting the best players and it just so happens they ended up whiter than normal than no big deal. But if they really were favoring white players than you reap what you sow since they aren't going to make the playoffs anyway.

Not gonna lie though, I fully suspected that Bird was favoring white players with the Pacers, and it actually set the team back years.

Granger and Hibbert are super white.

PurpleJesus
10-30-2012, 04:53 AM

Well, the targets in the offseason were...Roy/Batum/Hill...they got Roy, and struck out on Batum and Hill...so they went to plan B...Kirilenko, and Stiemsma. Kirilenko is clearly not a bad option, I guess though, it is unfortunate that he is white.

And regarding your "not going to make the playoffs anyways" comment...you couldnt be anymore wrong...the Wolves held a playoff spot after the all star break, before losing Rubio and Love to injuries. The team did what they could to improve the talent on the team in the offseason...and to some dipshits in the media, the team became too white in the process.

PurpleJesus
10-30-2012, 04:56 AM
This article just annoys me to no end...the premise of this article, is that the Wolves gathered white players to sell tickets...yet, they fail to acknowledge that the Wolves had no problems selling tickets when the team was led by KG, Sprewell, and Cassell...the reason it had no problems selling tickets was because the team won games.

kobe4thewinbang
10-30-2012, 05:05 AM
Journalism at its finest!

*slow clap*

abe_froman
10-30-2012, 05:10 AM
I dont understand how race is an issue here. The Wolves looked to improve the roster this year, and did that...were they supposed to pass on Kirilenko because he is white? .
yes,yes they were.didnt you know your always suppose to pass on good do it all forwards(and say top 15-20 sf in league) if they're white?

but since you guys clearly need to add color i guess,the bulls have some black guys we can send you for k.love.problem solved :D

Phenomenonsense
10-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Hah, in this article all Hispanics are white. Good to know.

PurpleJesus
10-30-2012, 05:16 AM
yes,yes they were.

but since you guys clearly need to add color i guess,the bulls have some black guys we can send you for k.love.problem solved :D

lol.

Certainly, Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson for Love and Rubio would make these cilvil rights leaders happy...just make sure to not throw Kirk Hinrich in on the deal.

tmacsc2
10-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid article!

SpeeMN
10-30-2012, 06:42 AM
I am embarrassed that this article went to print. Its one thing if it was just pointing out the coincidence. But the article is trying to start a civil rights movement or something. I hope lots of people write the writers and tell them that they FAILED.

Gators123
10-30-2012, 08:03 AM
This is a non-issue. I don't see people complaining when a team has 14 black players and 1 white player.

blacknell
10-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Rubio- Spain
Roy- black
Kirilenko- Russian
Love- white
Pekovic- Montenegran
Budinger- white
Cunningham- black
Stiemsma- white
Williams- black
Shved- Russian
Barea- Puerto Rican
Ridnour- white
Lee- black
Conroy- black

lots of internationals.

it doesn't matter what country they are from their skin is still white. Who cares though? If the owner wants his team mostly white he should be able to do that he just doesn't expect to make it to the playoffs or having a winning record.

Gators123
10-30-2012, 08:18 AM
it doesn't matter what country they are from their skin is still white. Who cares though? If the owner wants his team mostly white he should be able to do that he just doesn't expect to make it to the playoffs or having a winning record.

You're an idiot.

blacknell
10-30-2012, 08:23 AM
You're an idiot.

your mom

Cal827
10-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Shouldn't matter if the team is predominately white, black, hispanic, etc. If you assemble a team that can win, then you have done a good job.

It's pathetic that there's actually an article on this :facepalm:

PHX2daDEATH
10-30-2012, 08:30 AM
noticed this on 2k13 lol brandon looks white so they are pretty pale

Gators123
10-30-2012, 08:31 AM
your mom

You can't be the "King of the ghetto" with lame jokes like that.

blacknell
10-30-2012, 08:40 AM
You can't be the "King of the ghetto" with lame jokes like that.

LOL ok i'm not the king of the ghetto and I still say the wolves are not making the playoffs

JNoel
10-30-2012, 08:43 AM

Completely ignorant statement, Wolves are a strongly considered a playoff team whether you like it or not. Also if your going to say things like "your mom" go back to elementary school, because we try to keep the conversations mature when it comes to a sensitive topic like this.

Gators123
10-30-2012, 08:44 AM
LOL ok i'm not the king of the ghetto and I still say the wolves are not making the playoffs

Only because a couple of their White players are injured ;)

blastmasta26
10-30-2012, 08:48 AM
I already posted here criticizing the argument against a white team, but I don't agree with people bringing up the counter argument.

It wouldn't be odd to have an all black team, not because of double standards, but because the league as a whole has a black majority. That's why it also isn't odd if NBA minorities such as Hispanics and Asians are excluded from certain teams.

JasonJohnHorn
10-30-2012, 08:50 AM

Toronto isn't a small market, it's an international city.

You are correct. Toronto is the third largest market in the NBA. I should have said 'less appealing markets', as northern cities don't seem to be as appealing as Miami and LA, and Canada's taxes don't help much.

blacknell
10-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Completely ignorant statement, Wolves are a strongly considered a playoff team whether you like it or not. Also if your going to say things like "your mom" go back to elementary school, because we try to keep the conversations mature when it comes to a sensitive topic like this.

they were 26-40 last season the bottom of their division, nobody is picking them to be contenders of anything. I'm sure they will lack the athletic ability to compete with most NBA teams and having a guy with ragidy knees on the team starting isn't going to help.. If you want some def comedy jam comebacks i can give you those as well, but i'm not sure the siite would liek that much.

blacknell
10-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Only because a couple of their White players are injured ;)

Hey the NBA isn't Duke no all white team will ever win it all. They just don't have what it takes to compete with the big boys and also teams are going to get alot more physical with them.

JNoel
10-30-2012, 09:09 AM
they were 26-40 last season the bottom of their division, nobody is picking them to be contenders of anything. I'm sure they will lack the athletic ability to compete with most NBA teams and having a guy with ragidy knees on the team starting isn't going to help.. If you want some def comedy jam comebacks i can give you those as well, but i'm not sure the siite would liek that much.

I'll warn you now that your in for some rude responses in the near future, but for now i'll start off saying that Wolves were a playoff team last year before Rubio got injured. Pek and Love don't really need athletic ability as they will get their daily dose of about 10 rebounds in every night. Kirelenko is known for being a good defender, so they don't even have to worry about lacking athletic ability as defense and rebounding will make up for it.

RowBTrice
10-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Racism comes from both sides.

blacknell
10-30-2012, 09:21 AM
I'll warn you now that your in for some rude responses in the near future, but for now i'll start off saying that Wolves were a playoff team last year before Rubio got injured. Pek and Love don't really need athletic ability as they will get their daily dose of about 10 rebounds in every night. Kirelenko is known for being a good defender, so they don't even have to worry about lacking athletic ability as defense and rebounding will make up for it.

yes because Rubio is known for his defense, I don't know why people try to make it seem like he is som top 5 PG in the NBA. Roy will most likely miss 40 games because of his knees. Sorry but the T-wolves are not one of the best teams in the NBA

BcEuAbRsS
10-30-2012, 09:27 AM
See what I was talking about idiotic things... :rolleyes:

Well hello there :D

C_Mund
10-30-2012, 09:31 AM

I agree, but the whole "where is everybody" thing is borderline. There's a difference between saying "there's a lot of white guys on this team" and "where are all the black people on this team, and to bring it up in front of the media is suspect. It can be argued that his statement was meant to be harmless, but race isn't something that's taken lightly.

theheatles
10-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Barea and Rubio are probably insulted, Latinos hate being called white even if they are in fact white

Gators123
10-30-2012, 10:07 AM
yes because Rubio is known for his defense, I don't know why people try to make it seem like he is som top 5 PG in the NBA. Roy will most likely miss 40 games because of his knees. Sorry but the T-wolves are not one of the best teams in the NBA

Uh, Rubio is a good defender.

12evolution 9
10-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Barea and Rubio are probably insulted, Latinos hate being called white even if they are in fact white

lol ... so true... go to miami and try calling them white people...

this is why i consider myself earthling... btw if thompson wasnt stating that in a jokeful manner ....

then he is racially profiling ... and that is racism ... he aint a police officer or a cia agent who are constantly profiling EVERYONE not just a particular race of people.

thenaj17
10-30-2012, 10:37 AM

Yep very true. Damn Clippers are racist s.o.b's, no white players! (Blake is not white)

Vinylman
10-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Yep very true. Damn Clippers are racist s.o.b's, no white players! (Blake is not white)

what is he then?

dnewguy
10-30-2012, 10:46 AM
I can't believe it, in this day in age we still have white players? This is pure discrimination, why isn't the league 100 percent black like the founders intended...oops. I am with most of you guys, this race thing is worn out and before you blame blacks, remember that it's usually one black folk who makes a big deal out of race and then people generalize us. I disagree with the writer and only a racist is always obsessed with making racial studies/assumptions.

TheIlladelph16
10-30-2012, 11:02 AM

If you meant this seriously, then you are correct Rubio is certainly known in part for his defense. He is a top 7 PG at the very least on the defensive side of the ball.

If you meant it sarcastically like I believe, you're just flat out wrong.

dh144498
10-30-2012, 11:05 AM
maybe this is why Garnett was surrounded by bad players. Management didn't want him (a black guy) to achieve glory.

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:12 AM

Yes. Where are all the hispanic and jewish players? As we all know, the NBA has traditionally been dominated by hispanic and jewish players. Oh wait, thats not true.

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't seee the problem if I had a team in mini, I'd put as many white guys on the team as I could as long as they could play......dollar bills.

Pretty sure this was the point of the article.

j11430
10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Why would they be criticized for this? They're just putting themselves at a disadvantage...

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:17 AM
maybe this is why Garnett was surrounded by bad players. Management didn't want him (a black guy) to achieve glory.

KG is black? No way!

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:18 AM

lol!

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:21 AM

It would matter if I was a TWOLVES fan. I would seriously be asking myself if management cares more about selling seats than winning Championships.

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Even the black ones are white.

?

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:27 AM

Nash
Chris Mullin
Larry Bird
Dirk
Love

over

Ben Uzoh
Andrew Goudelock
Chris Douglas Roberts
Ronny Turiaf
Ryan Hollins

ANYDAY. Not because they are white though, but simply because they are better. Timberwolves picked up players that are better than their former players.

Damn the Wolves have Nash, Mullins, Bird, Dirk, and Love on their team this year? I might have to start watching them.

blacknell
10-30-2012, 11:31 AM
what is he then?

if he is white so is Obama

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:31 AM
How is this not racist? Had it been reversed, and somebody came out and said theres not enough white players on a baseball team or white dominated sport, it would be a huge story, people would lose their jobs etc. If you want to be treated equally then dont whine about stupid crap like this.

When in this countries history has there been true equality? Please remind me.
Complaints of reverse racism always fall on deaf ears as diserved.

blacknell
10-30-2012, 11:34 AM

Nash
Chris Mullin
Larry Bird
Dirk
Love

over

Ben Uzoh
Andrew Goudelock
Chris Douglas Roberts
Ronny Turiaf
Ryan Hollins

how about taking them over
Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Shawn Kemp
Dwight Howard

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:36 AM
It's a racism reversal. This guy, Terrell, is living in the past. It really pisses me off when people from minority groups take coincidence and try and turn it into conspiracy.

LOL! It pisses you off. LOL!

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:37 AM
exactly right. He likes multiple ball handlers, passers, and cutters. Sorry, we don't teach that type of game state side at some point.

Championship or bust?

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:41 AM
I hate **** like this. If the team has people who can play, who cares what their skin color is? I don't hear any councils coming out and saying we don't have enough white people in basketball.

Who is stoping them?

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:47 AM

LOL! Blake Griffin. Whenever you are confused about someones race, just ask yourself this question: If this was in the days of plantation slavery would that person have a wip in their hand or would they be picking cotton? That should clear up the Blake Griffin issue for you.

netsgiantsyanks
10-30-2012, 11:47 AM
what is he then?

mixed.

celtisox41
10-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Why is it ok for a team to be 78% black but racist for it to be 70% white? This is just people looking for reasons to call out "racism". Maybe they overlooked the fact that the timberwolves have white players because the white players they have are good, not because they're white

celtisox41
10-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Who is stoping them?

Because it would be "racist" for a white group to do this

C-Wick925
10-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Well then ima criticize the whole NBA for having too many black players.

JesusNYY_Savior
10-30-2012, 11:54 AM
This ****ing Douglas ******* still posts here?.. His ****** attempts at comedy are old now. And frankly never were funny

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Why is it ok for a team to be 78% black but racist for it to be 70% white? This is just people looking for reasons to call out "racism". Maybe they overlooked the fact that the timberwolves have white players because the white players they have are good, not because they're white

Is that what the article said or implied? Racism? I gotta read more carefully.

metfan22
10-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Well then ima criticize the whole NBA for having too many black players.

Do it! This is America.

Sixerlover
10-30-2012, 11:56 AM
LOL! Blake Griffin. Whenever you are confused about someones race, just ask yourself this question: If this was in the days of plantation slavery would that person have a wip in their hand or would they be picking cotton? That should clear up the Blake Griffin issue for you.

wtf? That's how you clear up someone's race?

celtisox41
10-30-2012, 11:57 AM
When in this countries history has there been true equality? Please remind me.
Complaints of reverse racism always fall on deaf ears as diserved.

There is no such thing as "reverse racism" because ALL races can be racist. It's not just a white thing like people make it out to be. And not to be disrespectful to anyone, but people who go out looking for racism where it isn't, and blame every bad thing that happens to them on it are the ones keeping racism alive and kicking

1-800-STFU
10-30-2012, 11:57 AM

KG is black? No way!

lol!

It would matter if I was a TWOLVES fan. I would seriously be asking myself if management cares more about selling seats than winning Championships.

?

Damn the Wolves have Nash, Mullins, Bird, Dirk, and Love on their team this year? I might have to start watching them.

LOL! It pisses you off. LOL!

Championship or bust?

Who is stoping them?

Holy post padding batman. What a spaz.

JayW_1023
10-30-2012, 11:58 AM
It's a non-issue. This only provokes silly arguments.

celtisox41
10-30-2012, 11:59 AM

Well from all the comments I've read its a conspiracy by the T-wolves owners to have a mostly white team. So yeah, I got racism out of that

Vinylman
10-30-2012, 12:00 PM
if he is white so is Obama

you said blake was black...

just find it interesting that you consider him black since his mom is as white as it comes...

celtisox41
10-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Terrell calls it "scary" that the Wolves would assemble a roster almost 70 percent white in a sport so dominated by blacks. For Edwards, the numbers trouble him by the "historical view," what he calls a "nullification of diversity and a reversal of history."

This is why I thought that metfan22

Forever35
10-30-2012, 12:07 PM
As long as the Rev. Al Sharpton isn't involved, it shouldn't be a big thang...

Good for the T-Wolves for putting a team together that they believe will get them wins... :clap:

Now if the wins don't pile up... They'll blame it on the white/euro players... :facepalm:

SluggeR
10-30-2012, 12:24 PM
It's obvious that the organization has put this collection of players together on purpose. There should only be an issue if they went out their way to pick a less talented non-blacks over a more talented blacks. Even if that was the case in putting together their roster, they are the ones that will pay for it when it comes to wins and losses. I hope they put these guys together to win(playoff berth) and not just cater to a majority white fanbase, because if they did..it's probably gonna cost them Love. Rubio & Love would start on any team in the league, AK has been a starter in this league for many years, and that Russion center they have that looks like the super villain from one of those Superman movies could start for a lot of NBA teams. Whether the Twolves are competitive or suck ,the organization will get the attention & ticket sales they were seeking when they put this team together.

blacknell
10-30-2012, 01:16 PM
you said blake was black...

just find it interesting that you consider him black since his mom is as white as it comes...

So is Obama's mama

hugepatsfan
10-30-2012, 01:28 PM
This ****ing Douglas ******* still posts here?.. His ****** attempts at comedy are old now. And frankly never were funny

GTFO and never come back

Lakersfanla24
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
People like this writer and the people criticizing the timberwolves for being "too white" are part of the reason that racism still exists. As long as there are people who only see in color we are never going to get rid of racism. If someone wrote an article about a team being "too black" all hell would break loose, as long as this double standard exists, racial divide will always exist.

3mikee_
10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't know why this isn't talked about with the Raptors lol.

koreancabbage
10-30-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't know why this isn't talked about with the Raptors lol.

our starters are Fields, Lowry and Derozan

our bench is Ross, Quincy Acy, Alan Anderson, Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, John Lucas, Dominic McGuire

10 of the 15 players are african american or "black"

Calderon, JVal, Bargnani, Klieza, Gray are "white"

nothing white about this team

diu9leilomo
10-30-2012, 02:36 PM
our starters are Fields, Lowry and Derozan

our bench is Ross, Quincy Acy, Alan Anderson, Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, John Lucas, Dominic McGuire

10 of the 15 players are african american or "black"

Calderon, JVal, Bargnani, Klieza, Gray are "white"

nothing white about this team
thats already 1/3 of the team:rolleyes:

koreancabbage
10-30-2012, 02:46 PM
thats already 1/3 of the team:rolleyes:

sorry, meant to say nothing TOO white about this team. as if race had to do with anything.

King P
10-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Rubio is from Spain. Spaniards aren't Latinos.

Spiggity_ace
10-30-2012, 03:15 PM
LOL your typical black 'leadership' trying to raise a ruckus when there is no cause, wtf man, its like if theres not enough black people doing one thing that it MUST be racist, cmon son, get ur **** together PLEASE, black people should kick these so called 'leaders' out , they give everyone a bad name

Spiggity_ace
10-30-2012, 03:16 PM
People like this writer and the people criticizing the timberwolves for being "too white" are part of the reason that racism still exists. As long as there are people who only see in color we are never going to get rid of racism. If someone wrote an article about a team being "too black" all hell would break loose, as long as this double standard exists, racial divide will always exist.

co-sign, these so called leaders should get lost, seriously they ruin everyones fun time

Spiggity_ace
10-30-2012, 03:19 PM

LOL are u kidding me? like seriously? these guys gotta get out of this, us against the world mentality, they basically want affirmative action in the league, so if someone is black they should start over ak47, love, pekovic even tho these guys are 10 times more effective?

Illa215
10-30-2012, 03:28 PM
This is so ****ed up. What a double standard.

What if it was the other way around.

Illa215
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Most of the people who complain about racism in America are most likely the reason that it still exhists, hence the African American leadership council. :facepalm:

Illa215
10-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Race isn't even an issue until the African American leadership council brings it up. Good ****ing job. Yea, we're all still out to get you.

This gets me so upset, because it's people like them who keep racism alive and it really isn't. I'm not racist and it pisses me off that people see white people like this.

WhiteSoxGod
10-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Rubio is from Spain. Spaniards aren't Latinos.

Exactly, last time I checked Spain was not in Latin America, lol.

AsfanSince99
10-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Hey the NBA isn't Duke no all white team will ever win it all. They just don't have what it takes to compete with the big boys and also teams are going to get alot more physical with them.
damn, your posts make you look like an ignorant fool. Why don't you dance for us, too.. :dance: yeah, I went there.

AsfanSince99
10-30-2012, 06:47 PM
I am embarrassed that this article went to print. Its one thing if it was just pointing out the coincidence. But the article is trying to start a civil rights movement or something. I hope lots of people write the writers and tell them that they FAILED.
Better yet, write to the stupid Minnesota politician for his idiotic racial accusations. Fight for real injustice, not unfounded, drummed up crap like this.

LOL are u kidding me? like seriously? these guys gotta get out of this, us against the world mentality, they basically want affirmative action in the league, so if someone is black they should start over ak47, love, pekovic even tho these guys are 10 times more effective?

Imagine if Affirmative Action was allowed in sports? How many good black players would be out of a job replaced by not so good white players just because they were needed to balance the racial equity of the team?? LOTS! Owners of sports teams want to make $money$, a profit, so they are going to field teams with the BEST players, unlike the government who uses unfair hiring practices to staff govt institutions. It's an unfair system that needs to be abolished. The model should be like sports, ignore skin color and hire the best.

TheIlladelph16
10-30-2012, 08:54 PM

If there was a PSD Hall of Fame, Douglas would receive my vote on the first ballot. Lighten up a bit brother.

This is a non-story that only helps this narrative continue. Too lazy to go back and quote LakerFan in here, but he is correct that until people stop seeing in color this bs will continue. There are billions of dollars at stake so these teams are putting the best product they can on the court. Race has no business being a factor here.

It's like when the debate is brought up in baseball of why aren't there a lot of black players in the league. Putting aside obvious demographic and cost factors that would explain this, the simple answer: the best product should and will play regardless of race.