PDA

View Full Version : HOU cuts Shaun Livingston, John Brockman, Lazar Hayward, Gary Forbes, JaJuan Johnson

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen about 5 minutes ago

The Rockets trimmed roster to 15 by waiving Shaun Livingston, in addition to yesterday's decisions -- Hayward, Forbes, Brockman and Johnson.

Now that their roster has been finalized coming into the new season, how do you view them?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-29-2012, 04:41 PM
as scrubs of course.

torocan
10-29-2012, 04:41 PM
No surprises there.

Livingston played well during pre-season, but he has the misfortune of being non-guaranteed. That said, I can see another team picking him him.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-29-2012, 04:42 PM
oh youre talking about the rockets lol
i see them as a 7th-8th seed.

barely making the playoffs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 04:45 PM
I guess that Dalembert signing last summer was a desperation move for Morey at the time since he couldn't land neither Nene or Marc Gasol.

Dalembert was sent to Milwaukee earlier this summer for 2 of the 3 players the Rockets just waived in Livingston and Brockman.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Livingston was just making way too much, he will end up somewhere. This is a year of transition for the Rockets. Lots of young players getting minutes, and they will start a PG, SG, and C at the very least, who were not there a year ago. It will take a bit to form some chemistry, and I don't see them as a playoff team yet. They have max money available again next summer, so they are on the way up.

34-35 wins is where I have them. Up from the 26-27 wins I had them pegged for before the Harden trade.

IndyRealist
10-29-2012, 04:48 PM
I guess that Dalembert signing last summer was a desperation move for Morey at the time since he couldn't land neither Nene or Marc Gasol.

Dalembert was sent to Milwaukee earlier this summer for 2 of the 3 players the Rockets just waived in Livingston and Brockman.

Houston apparently likes to "try out" players other teams discard. Terrence Williams and Hasheem Thabeet come to mind.

dtmagnet
10-29-2012, 04:56 PM

And Gary Forbes was received in addition to the draft pick for Kyle Lowry.

mightybosstone
10-29-2012, 05:02 PM
I guess that Dalembert signing last summer was a desperation move for Morey at the time since he couldn't land neither Nene or Marc Gasol. Dalembert was sent to Milwaukee earlier this summer for 2 of the 3 players the Rockets just waived in Livingston and Brockman.
This is only partially true. They also moved up two spots in the draft to get Lamb. But Dalembert was never in the Rockets long term plans, and because his second year wasn't guaranteed, he probably would have been cut if he hadn't been traded.

Houston apparently likes to "try out" players other teams discard. Terrence Williams and Hasheem Thabeet come to mind.
Thabeet, Johnny Flynn and others were throw ins to deals that netted the Rockets picks and prospects for expiring contracts. Williams was one of the few mistakes Morey has made in his time as GM, as the Rockets dealt a first round pick to New Jersey for him.

And Gary Forbes was received in addition to the draft pick for Kyle Lowry.
I think Forbes would have definitely made the roster if the Rockets hadn't added Cook in the Harden trade. But adding Cook meant they already had Delfino and Cook off the bench on the wings, not counting young guys like Marcus Morris and Royce White. They didn't need Forbes anymore.

theheatles
10-29-2012, 05:03 PM
lol I wanted JaJuan Johnson to fall to the Heat but luckily Celtics got him and we landed Norris Cole

topdog
10-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm sure someone will take a look at Johnson. Hayward and Forbes seem like D-Leaguers to me. Livingston will get a shot as long as he can stay relatively healthy. Brockman... maybe can find a job on a re-building team.

KB24PG16
10-29-2012, 05:06 PM
is shaun livingston still any good?

topdog
10-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Thabeet, Johnny Flynn and others were throw ins to deals that netted the Rockets picks and prospects for expiring contracts. Williams was one of the few mistakes Morey has made in his time as GM, as the Rockets dealt a first round pick to New Jersey for him.

We were discussing the Flynn trade in the Wolves forum and sort of trying to pick it apart as the Wolves did receive a 1st rounder in that trade. The Wolves also swapped their 20th pick (Montiejunas) for the Rockets' 23rd pick Mirotic. The Wolves gave a 2012 2nd rounder for the Rockets 2011 2nd rounder (Parsons who they later traded back for cash). Finally, the Wolves also received Brad Miller and his expiring contract.

So, it is debatable that Morey may have actually given up a 1st rounder for Flynn as well.

popo85
10-29-2012, 05:14 PM

Back up 10-15 mins per game he hasn't been good due to injuries.

Gram
10-29-2012, 05:15 PM
I remember we had a poster in the Pistons forum wanting us to draft JaJuan Johnson with the 8th pick in 2011. :laugh2:

torocan
10-29-2012, 05:16 PM

He played decently during the Rockets' pre-season games. And honestly good enough to get a spot on the Rockets' roster if it wasn't for all the guaranteed contracts they picked up in the Harden trade.

I think someone will pick him up, at least I hope so.

He deserves a shot.

Blitzace137
10-29-2012, 05:17 PM

He looked solid in the pre-season I expect him to get picked up soon.

IBleedPurple
10-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Forbes could be a good project for a cellar dweller.

b@llhog24
10-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Forbes is a good player. Well at least he has the potential to be a solid starter.

TheNumber37
10-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Forbes can play some.
And Brockman should find a 15th man spot on some roster.

dolfan720
10-30-2012, 04:55 PM
cuts were expected, Livingston will be a solid pickup for a team like the wizards or bulls. rockets will compete for 8th sed