PDA

View Full Version : Contract Extension...

Ty_Lawson
10-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Few weeks ago they said Lawson is close to 45mil 4 year contract(something like that) but after this Harden thing it looks like he is also looking for MAX contract...My question is,what do you think how many players from 2009 draft is now going to ask for that max contract :mad::mad::mad:
I know we can't give him max if we also want to sign Iggy next year(i'm sure he will opt out of last year and ask for max),so is this going to be one more "like-Harden" thing or?
And also what do you think we could get for Lawson if there is a trade surrounding him...he is RFA next summer..

Bulls_fan90
10-29-2012, 06:34 AM
Lawson is all class. He'll sign for less than the max and repay the faith the Nuggets showed in him (Denver were the only team that really liked Lawson in 2008 and then again in 2009).

Such a stud and really deserves more recognition.

Ty_Lawson
10-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Lawson is all class. He'll sign for less than the max and repay the faith the Nuggets showed in him (Denver were the only team that really liked Lawson in 2008 and then again in 2009).

I would really love to see this,but giving McGee that contract,we have to give Ty much more,and i don't think he would accept anything less than 50-55 mil/4years....and if we want to resign Iggy that is too much for him then...i would like to see him getting something like 12mil/yr..

thenaj17
10-29-2012, 07:11 AM
Player agents really need to get fired and the whole profession scrapped. They make players make stupid decisions and just go for the most money they can get. I'm not saying Lawson shouldn't get paid, because he is a good young PG, but he needs to get real and realise how good a situation he is in with you guys and stop being a *****.

OKC
10-29-2012, 07:15 AM

dont get your hopes to high, i had the same exact thought about harden.

JNoel
10-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Denver first of all needs to get rid of Wilson Chandler. I think hes been injured, but if they want any chance on resigning Lawson, someone's got to go, and Chandler comes to my mind.

D-Leethal
10-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Player agents really need to get fired and the whole profession scrapped. They make players make stupid decisions and just go for the most money they can get. I'm not saying Lawson shouldn't get paid, because he is a good young PG, but he needs to get real and realise how good a situation he is in with you guys and stop being a *****.

If agents did anything BUT get their clients the best situation available, than they would get fired. Best situation for many players is most $$$. Agents get a cut of that $$$ so they have incentive to get the best deal out there.

You don't know much about the profession if you don't think the agent fields all possibilities and lets the player know whats out there and who has interest - basketball wise, and $$$ wise. It ain't the agents fault the players more often than not choose the $$$, as do mostly anyone in any profession.

Bulls_fan90
10-29-2012, 08:15 AM
I would really love to see this,but giving McGee that contract,we have to give Ty much more,and i don't think he would accept anything less than 50-55 mil/4years....and if we want to resign Iggy that is too much for him then...i would like to see him getting something like 12mil/yr..
We'll have to wait and see. It's unfortunate what sort of money C's command in the NBA. Just knowing a lot of the back story with Ty and having followed him since his college days, I think he will stay with Denver and won't command a max. All speculation though.

dont get your hopes to high, i had the same exact thought about harden.
That's true. I felt the same way about Harden too.

thenaj17
10-29-2012, 09:38 AM
If agents did anything BUT get their clients the best situation available, than they would get fired. Best situation for many players is most $$$. Agents get a cut of that $$$ so they have incentive to get the best deal out there.

You don't know much about the profession if you don't think the agent fields all possibilities and lets the player know whats out there and who has interest - basketball wise, and $$$ wise. It ain't the agents fault the players more often than not choose the $$$, as do mostly anyone in any profession.

This is the saddest part for me. As if the $52m Harden was being offered by Thunder isn't enough? He said he wanted to stay there etc.. but led by unscrupulous money grabbing agents, he is thinking money first, basketball a distant 2nd.

You are naive to think the agents are out to get the best for their client other than the most $$$, nothing to do with my lack of understanding - I just don't buy that agents sit down with the players and say 'here are the best options for your basketballing future'. - it's blatantly always 'right, this is the team that is offering the most $$$, go here...'

InRoseWeTrust
10-29-2012, 09:43 AM
The sheer amount if players demanding the max is pretty disturbing. I think probably 8-10 guys deserve max contracts in the league, yet so many get them. When players like Jrue Holiday make statements about wanting it, it's just a joke.

JasonJohnHorn
10-29-2012, 09:47 AM
15 million for Harden was too much... I thought he was only eligible for 10 million due to his limited number of years... that is CRAZY!!! I have never heard before of a guy with a 12 career scoring average making 15 million unless he was a DPOY and rebound leader (Ben Wallace). That is crazy!

Lawson... I haven't seen him play much, but his numbers are nice.... 15 million though? These kids can't expect to all get the max contract? That is just crazy!

Gram
10-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I love Lawson. I don't love him enough to give him more than 9 million though.

thrice4
10-29-2012, 09:57 AM
If he gets max that would blow. Then Jennings would think he deserves the same..

nycericanguy
10-29-2012, 10:13 AM
I agree about trading Chandler now while they still can get some value for him, he has fallen off the face of the earth since being traded to DEN and I don't think he ever wanted to be there. Save that $7m and use it toward Lawson.

Rondo makes $11m per, I think Lawson is worth about $10m per, but everyone is being overpaid now so he'll probably get closer to $12m. 4/48m kind of deal.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 10:13 AM
I love Lawson. I don't love him enough to give him more than 9 million though.

guess again...hes gonna be all star bound

nycericanguy
10-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Its ironic, the new CBA cut down on the max for the true stars, but now guys like Fields, Lin, Asik, Batum...etc... guys who are not stars, are getting paid huge money.

Aleksandar
10-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Ne znam za Losona, ali MekGi mi je car hahaha

StarvingKnick22
10-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Lawson isnt even that good.

Ty_Lawson
10-29-2012, 10:55 AM

mekgi ce da bude novi wilt :D :D

Dade County
10-29-2012, 11:08 AM
This is what the owners wanted...smh

Ty_Lawson
10-29-2012, 11:30 AM
I think that there will be a trade tomorrow involving Ty,Chandler and one of our C's if he doesn't agree to sign and asks for max...we can't wait for trade to happen later because we have tough schedule in november and we need everyone 110% focused...maybe with toronto for lowry and few other players..they wanted chandler,and can give Ty max deal..

Ty_Lawson
10-29-2012, 04:38 PM
It looks like there is no deal before deadline...and we won't give him max(i hope so),so only trade is possible solution,and "knowing" Massai we won't "lose"(in that trade)...

THE MTL
10-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Harden got the max as well as Eric Gordon and Brook Lopez! Ty Lawson is the MOST deserving of the max out of all these players. He is actually the leader of his team.

Den needs to at least offer him 4yrs 53 million. You have to also remember that Javal mCgee is making 4yrs 44million, so Lawson needs higher than that by a considerable amount.

Ty_Lawson
10-29-2012, 05:03 PM
He was offered 4-5 yrs 50-65 mil,and according to milehighsports its about $ and not about years..

kingsdelez24
10-29-2012, 07:06 PM

MekGi je najveći kreten u cijeloj NBA