PDA

View Full Version : Now that OKC traded James Harden...

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Who do you think comes out of the west and represents them in the finals?
Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Denver
Other?

Poll Options are

Lakers and I had them coming out of the west even if OKC had harden
Still the Thunder
Lakers only because of harden gone
Spurs
Clippers
Nuggets
Other?

Can a mod please post the poll please I forgot!

meloman1592
10-29-2012, 12:24 AM
i'll stick with my summer pick of the clippers

Raps18-19 Champ
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
1. Lakers
2. OKC
3. Spurs

My rankings haven't changed at all.

mightybosstone
10-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Why can't the Thunder still be an option to come out of the West? They're the reigning conference champs, they still have two of the 10 best players in the NBA and are a damn solid defensive team. I think the Harden loss really hurts, but I also think Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka will mature even further this season and become better players.

Do I think they'll necessarily come out of the West? I still think it's probably between them and the Lakers. But I certainly wouldn't count them out.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2012, 12:32 AM
the Thunder should be an option, but they are no longer favorites over the Lakers imo.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-29-2012, 12:35 AM
You guys are right I forgot to add them but yes they are still an option

JNA17
10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
OKC will still be a threat and one of the best teams in the west, but after that trade, their no longer the favorites.

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. OKC
4. Clippers
5. Nuggets

my top 5 anyway.

b@llhog24
10-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Houston. Harden's beard will carry them to the top seed and thru the playoffs.

shep33
10-29-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm still going to show KD and Russy respect, and I think they'll still finish with the best record. The Lakers might be a 3rd seed and I'd be fine with that, just as long as we're clicking toward the end. I expect a slow start, the implementation of the new offense is not going very quickly due to injuries (first Dwight then Kobe).

Punk
10-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Teams to likely come out of the West and make the Finals, IMO:

1. Lakers
2. Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Nuggets

Western Conference standings as of right now post trade, IMO:

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Thunder
4. Spurs
5. Nuggets
6. Grizzlies
7. Utah
8. Golden State
__
9. Houston

mightybosstone
10-29-2012, 12:43 AM
the Thunder should be an option, but they are no longer favorites over the Lakers imo.

OKC will still be a threat and one of the best teams in the west, but after that trade, their no longer the favorites.

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. OKC
4. Clippers
5. Nuggets

my top 5 anyway.

I'd like to see the Lakers play a game first before I crown them. Kobe is not the same player he was five years ago, I want to see how the backcourt works in reality and not on paper, and I want to see how Dwight handles a decreased role in the offense.

Do they have the most talent on paper? Most definitely. But there are numerous examples of teams in this league that have been insanely talented on paper that went on to lose to inferior teams with more experience. As crazy as it sounds, the Thunder are the more seasoned team in a lot of ways.

LakersA's49ers
10-29-2012, 12:49 AM
kevin martin will get plenty of touches with westbrook and durant. theyll be fine. not trying to be a homer, but i seriously believe my Lakers are going all the way, you can never go against your team!

Mr. LA
10-29-2012, 12:51 AM
Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Denver
Other?

Poll Options are

Still the Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Nuggets
Other?

You said Lakers and you had them before the Rockets trade and then you say Lakers only because Harde is gone??? WTF? u high? :facepalm:

jayjay33
10-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Denver
Other?

Poll Options are

Still the Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Nuggets
Other?

You said Lakers and you had them before the Rockets trade and then you say Lakers only because Harde is gone??? WTF? u high? :facepalm:

You might want to read that again Sherlock. An this time "concentrate". Lol

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-29-2012, 01:06 AM

Read it again, maybe you're the one that's high

Baller1
10-29-2012, 01:10 AM
I still think it will be LA and OKC in the Western Conference Finals. If Martin is healthy, there's still a strong chance OKC comes out of the West.

Losoway
10-29-2012, 04:32 AM
i dont think okc is a top team no more. they have no big three . HARDEN WAS THE GUY THAT KEPT DURANT IN THE GAME WHEN WESTBROOK WENT INTO TUNNEL VISION MODE. WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NOW .

I SAY THE LAKERS OR THE CLIPPERS WILL TAKE IT

Sactown
10-29-2012, 04:41 AM
I actually think this will end up helping the Thunder

Look at their starting lineup

Westbrook
Seph/ Martin
Durant
Ibaka
Perks

Bench of
Maynor
Lamb/Seph/Martin
Perry Jones III
Nick Collison
Thabeet

That's actually some legit depth, plus the 1st rounders in the future.

Kevin Martin might not be able to run the offense like Harden, but hopefully Maynor can step in that role, and Kevin can just provide some efficient scoring as well as Lamb and Perry Jones III providing some depth.. I like the trade for them

ldawg
10-29-2012, 06:53 AM
On paper its a dog fight between Clippers,Lakers and OKC. I got to see the first 10 games to pass that judgement. Its silly to think they are no longer a contender. After Lakers traded for Howard and Nash OKC were no longer the favored team anyway. Its documented Lakers out the West with Miami out the East with Miami winning gold.

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 12:35 PM
1-OKC
2-LA
3-Spurs
4-Nuggets
5-Clippers

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Everyone says Martin sucks but playing next too two amazing players giving him open looks will be big and the thunder will still get the number 1 seed and win the west

torocan
10-29-2012, 12:44 PM
I had this year as OKC being favored.

With Harden swapped for Martin, I think the West is wide open.

I think it's a toss up between OKC and the Spurs with an advantage over the Lakers simply due to it being their first year together.

I think the Clippers aren't ready yet, but can't be discounted as a dark horse. I have mixed feeling about the Nuggets. They're good, but my gut tells me they don't have enough to get it done this year in the playoffs.

Next year, it will definitely be OKC and the Lakers with the Clippers possibly in the mix. Hard to say who'll have the advantage until I see the Lakers play some actual games. I just can't see the Spurs being competitive past this year... father time is hard to fight.

thrice4
10-29-2012, 12:53 PM
i don't think harden being gone will hurt that bad. Martin will do great things for OKC. Lakers are still the only team that should be ahead.

king4day
10-29-2012, 01:03 PM
I added the poll exactly as requested.

I am gonna go with OKC still. I don't see a major jump from Bynum to Howard for LA.
Nash is a weaker defender than Sessions so that could hurt.

ZHawk1123
10-29-2012, 01:07 PM
I really don't think the Thunder will fall off that much at all... Kevin Martin is a very good player...

AWC713
10-29-2012, 01:16 PM
why arent the rockets an option??????

jk

people are acting like the thunder got nothing in this trade. i think they did very well. clearly they no longer have the upside of harden (23), but kevin martin is a more than capable of filling hardens role. im sure he's salivating at the thought of just needing to score off the bench. he will thrive in this role. mark my words. kevin martin can average 20 off the bench. hes a smart player. he gets to the line and makes teams pay...

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-29-2012, 01:57 PM
I added the poll exactly as requested.

I am gonna go with OKC still. I don't see a major jump from Bynum to Howard for LA.
Nash is a weaker defender than Sessions so that could hurt.

Thanks for posting it

JiffyMix88
10-29-2012, 02:45 PM
I like Nuggets

Minimal
10-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I just like the way Nuggets look right now. I Have big expectations for them this season, so I say Nuggets.

Rangers72
10-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Lakers will win the west easily, they will be very good together by the time the playoffs start.

TyrionLannister
10-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Lakers. OKC can still beat them, though.

Harden EVISCERATED them in the playoffs last year.

Knicks21
10-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Nuggets will do well in regular season but will fall in the playoffs.

Bishnoff
10-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Lakers (I had them coming out of the West even if OKC had Harden)

Provided that they stay healthy, no team is going to come close.