PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Back Courts

mrblisterdundee
10-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Now that Jeremy Lin and James Harden are together in Houston - and a lot of other new back courts have been created - rank the league's top 10 back courts based on how good you think they'll be this season.

1. Los Angeles
2. New Jersey
3. San Antonio
4. Denver
5. Oklahoma City
6. Houston
7. Milwaukee
8. Los Angeles
9. Miami
10. Boston

Aust
10-28-2012, 11:23 PM
I don't think LA is #1

BradHolt4CYoung
10-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Im guessing you purposely labeled the Brooklyn Nets as "New Jersey".....haha thats funny.

thrice4
10-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Houston already above Milwaukee....?

Sactown
10-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Houston and LA have to much to prove to be ranked so high, as well as BK. Obviously you can't just rank back courts off of paper.. because paper rosters win you nothing.

I don't like the Bucks back court either, they're just to hit or miss, they're both notorious chuckers who could go off or shoot a combined 4-25 from the field.

I always like a back court that features CP3 so I do like one of the LA's back courts and I also think Miami has a deep back court this season with a solid 4 man rotation.

The Spurs are also going to be efficient and have a solid rotation so you can pretty much count on them being a top 5 back court

and even though it kinda contradicts my first statement about teams on paper, but I do like the depth OKC has with Westy, Maynor, Martin, Lamb, Seph.

Boston is usually solid ( at least defensively) and I think they found a spark plug in Jason Terry

I don't like Houston's at all and believe they gave up to much for Harden, and they reached for a potential star.

Golden State has potential if healthy to be up their, especially with Clay Thompson proving to be efficient, and Washington has a lot to prove

Long story short, lot's of teams have a lot to prove before I believe they can be ranked, there's just TOO many new back courts

Portland and Washington with YOUNG back courts
Lakers, Denver, Houston, BK, Boston, OKC, all having new players
Bucks chuckers
Golden State, injury issues

MintBerryCrunch
10-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Lakers are easily #1, no question

b@llhog24
10-29-2012, 12:05 AM
If Dwill plays like Utah Dwill then Nets.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Lakers
Clippers(when billups returns)
Milwaukee
Brooklyn
Boston
Who cares

Dade County
10-29-2012, 12:09 AM
1. Lbj, Wade (4th quarter)
2. Nash, Kobe
3. D Will, Joe
4. Parker, Ginobili (4th quarter)
5. Maynor, Wild Wild West ( it's going to happen people )
6. Lawson, Iguodala
7. Jennings, Monta
8. Cp3, Crawford (4th quarter ONLY)
9. Rondo, Terry
10. Lin, Harden

Aust
10-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Adding in 4th quarter :laugh:

dalton749
10-29-2012, 01:19 AM
lowry derozan duh

Supreme LA
10-29-2012, 02:58 AM
2. Nash, Kobe
3. D Will, Joe
6. Lawson, Iguodala
7. Jennings, Monta
9. Rondo, Terry
10. Lin, Harden

:facepalm: Typical Heat fan lol

How you have Lebron who has been said to e playing the 4 this year in the backcourt is beyond me. Yes, I understand he has the ball in his hands an awful lot but can you at least go by player positions? And to have Rondo/Terry that low is just wrong.

Heat fans are so :eyebrow: Credibility? You guys have none.

Sactown
10-29-2012, 04:07 AM
2. Nash, Kobe
3. D Will, Joe
6. Lawson, Iguodala
7. Jennings, Monta
9. Rondo, Terry
10. Lin, Harden

How you have Lebron who has been said to e playing the 4 this year in the backcourt is beyond me. Yes, I understand he has the ball in his hands an awful lot but can you at least go by player positions? And to have Rondo/Terry that low is just wrong.

Heat fans are so :eyebrow: Credibility? You guys have none. instead of bashing his come up with an alternative and why you believe your list ranks superior... You've added nothing to the conversation except unnecessary bashing someone. Although Miami does have a solid rotation of Wade, Chalmers and Allen... So there is a case to be made that they're top 5

Dade County
10-29-2012, 11:17 AM

Heat fans are so :eyebrow: Credibility? You guys have none.

I'm sorry BUT Coach Spo has brain washed us all down in the Mia...

Position-less Basketball, is where we are at:cool:

alexander_37
10-29-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't like Houston's at all and believe they gave up to much for Harden, and they reached for a potential star.

Stupid ****ing argument. It doesn't matter if they pay him 4 trillion dollars if it works.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Now that Jeremy Lin and James Harden are together in Houston - and a lot of other new back courts have been created - rank the league's top 10 back courts based on how good you think they'll be this season.

1. Los Angeles
2. New Jersey
3. San Antonio
4. Denver
5. Oklahoma City
6. Houston
7. Milwaukee
8. Los Angeles
9. Miami
10. Boston

the lakers #1.....r u out of your mind?.....a 38 year old and a 34 year old......even magic would disagrer w/ ur list....i would put denver at number one and milwaukee at number 2.......lawson/iguodala & jennings/ellis combo is more deadly than lakers combo.....then come OKC w/ westbrook/sefolosha.....

Pluvious
10-29-2012, 11:32 AM
the lakers #1.....r u out of your mind?.....a 38 year old and a 34 year old......even magic would disagrer w/ ur list....i would put denver at number one and milwaukee at number 2.......lawson/iguodala & jennings/ellis combo is more deadly than lakers combo.....then come OKC w/ westbrook/sefolosha.....

Are you out of your mind? Nash/Kobe were both still all-stars last season and deserved to be. How good they are together this year remains to be seen.

I Rock Shaqs
10-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Stupid ****ing argument. It doesn't matter if they pay him 4 trillion dollars if it works.

Are you going to cry....

Carey
10-29-2012, 11:42 AM
2. Nash, Kobe
3. D Will, Joe
6. Lawson, Iguodala
7. Jennings, Monta
9. Rondo, Terry
10. Lin, Harden

Wild Wild West lmao, funny and fitting. But no Westbrook is not moving to the 2. Now he'll play more 2 this year most likely, especially early on, but he's the PG here.

DitchDat
10-29-2012, 12:20 PM

1. Los Angeles Nash, Kobe, Blake, Meeks
2. New Jersey D-Will, JJ, Marshon Brooks, CJ Watson
3. San Antonio Parker, Ginobili, Danny Green, Neal
4. Denver Lawson, Andre Miller, Iguodala?
5. Oklahoma City Westbrook, Martin, Sefalosha, Maynor
6. Houston Lin, Harden, Douglas
7. Milwaukee Ellis, Jennings, Udrih
8. Los Angeles CP3, Billups, Crawford, Bledsoe
9. Miami Wade, Chalmers, Ray, Cole
10. Boston Rondo, Terry, Lee, Bradley, Barbosa

1. Boston
2. LAL
3. Miami
4. LAC
5. SAS
6. OKC

TheNumber37
10-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Boston has the best 5 guard rotation in the league.
Rondo, Bradley, Terry, Lee, Barbosa.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Boston has the best 5 guard rotation in the league.
Rondo, Bradley, Terry, Lee, Barbosa.

rondo is the only point guard......the raptors have a better rotation with lowry, calderon, lucas, derozan, and ross....they will be a surprise..

DanG
10-29-2012, 04:18 PM
1. -insert favourite team-

KnickaBocka.44
10-29-2012, 04:31 PM

:laugh2: Bucks backcourt is talented but as inefficient and undersized as can be.

Lakers in a landslide, followed by Brooklyn, Boston, OKC and San Antonio

The goods
10-29-2012, 04:48 PM
The one thread I thought I wouldn't see LeBron in, and people find a way to put him in it, even though he'll be playing the 4 most of the time.

mrblisterdundee
10-30-2012, 10:34 PM

Bringing in Harden not only gives Houston one of the best back courts in the league. It also makes them more attractive to the top-tier big man they're surely going after. Too bad they couldn't use their brains, pay Lowry and have him and Harden in the back court.

knicks=love
10-30-2012, 10:42 PM
whoever put toney douglas as a player in houston's backcourt automatically tells me to not put them in the top 10.

JerseysFinest
10-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Still think Nets have the best, give them the slight edge over the Lakers. Deron Williams can do things now that at this point, Nash isn't capable of. Nash is still an excellent passer and is a very solid shooter, but on any given night, Deron Williams can literally take over the game. Bryant is evidently on a different level than Johnson, but I still think the Nets have the advantage by a little bit.

knicks=love
10-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Still think Nets have the best, give them the slight edge over the Lakers. Deron Williams can do things now that at this point, Nash isn't capable of. Nash is still an excellent passer and is a very solid shooter, but on any given night, Deron Williams can literally take over the game. Bryant is evidently on a different level than Johnson, but I still think the Nets have the advantage by a little bit.

but he's not a homer guys.. don't worry.

Dade County
10-30-2012, 11:20 PM
The one thread I thought I wouldn't see LeBron in, and people find a way to put him in it, even though he'll be playing the 4 most of the time.

Prove this?

I'll be waiting:rolleyes:

We have no titles for positions, on the HEAT.

airforceones25
10-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Anytime you have CP3 in your backcourt you are automatically top 5 or better.

disgruntled Clippers fan

alexander_37
10-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Are you going to cry....

Oh yeah you got me.

DreamShaker
10-31-2012, 12:00 AM
I like back courts that know each other and compliment each other well. On paper, to me, it's obviously the Lakers. But in reality, right now, it's the Spurs for me. They could play with reach other in their sleep.

JerseysFinest
10-31-2012, 12:16 AM
but he's not a homer guys.. don't worry.

I actually lol'd at that one haha.

Punk
10-31-2012, 02:58 AM
The posts in here are unreal :laugh2:

So far from all of the games played the ranking is:

1. Brooklyn (Deron, Johnson, Marshon, CJ Watson, Taylor, Bogans)
2. LAC (Paul, Billups, Crawford, Bledsoe, Green)
3. Boston (Rondo, Bradley, Lee, Barbosa, Terry)
4. Miami (Chlmbers, Wade, Cole, Allen, Miller)
5. LAL (Nash, Kobe, Meeks, Blake)

yonkerschampX4
10-31-2012, 03:14 AM
don't count parker and manu out of the top five they have history

torocan
11-03-2012, 01:03 PM
As we approach the end of week one, anyone care to revise their rankings? Feel free to wait until tonight's games are played...

alexander_37
11-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Are you going to cry....

Lol I never cried but I am laughing now.