PDA

View Full Version : OKC: in hind site

stawka
10-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Should OKC have tried negotiations with Harden earlier, and if they couldn't agree on a contract, sign and trade he and Ibaka for Dwight? I mean, I don't know too much on the salaries etc, and I'm on my iPhone, but that would have instantly made them a better team, and possibly draw in other FA's

And I'm sure if Dwight was with OKC, such a young and good team, he would be more than willing to sign an extension

Raps18-19 Champ
10-28-2012, 09:31 PM
They wanted to do Westbrook and Ibaka for Howard.

I think they could've pulled off Ibaka, Westbrook and Perkins for Howard and Anderson.

C-Howard
PF-Anderson
SF-Durant
SG-Thabo
PG-Harden

ldawg
10-28-2012, 09:33 PM
No. Howard wanted a big Market. Atl. Mav would have been a serious option for Howard. IMO the best deal is the one they Got. Howard wants his own team. Lakers will be his in one year even before Kobe retire.

rocket
10-28-2012, 09:43 PM
They wanted to do Westbrook and Ibaka for Howard.

I think they could've pulled off Ibaka, Westbrook and Perkins for Howard and Anderson.

C-Howard
PF-Anderson
SF-Durant
SG-Thabo
PG-Harden

Instead Orlando gets no one.

dnewguy
10-28-2012, 09:53 PM
hind site? dude it's hindsight, at-least goggle before making a thread. And please do not capitalize "OK" then lower case "c"...it's just annoying.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Instead Orlando gets no one.

The Magic would've gotten Ibaka and Westbrook had Dwight committed to signing an extension. He didn't so the Thunder didn't pull.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-28-2012, 09:58 PM
hind site? dude it's hindsight, at-least goggle before making a thread. And please do not capitalize "OK" then lower case "c"...it's just annoying.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

stawka
10-28-2012, 10:11 PM

First of all, I'm on my iPhone. Secondly, it auto-caps certain words. Thirdly, I spelt hindsight wrong. Fourth, you spelt Google wrong lol. Fifth, stfu and stay on topic. And finally, it's "thenewguy" not danewguy or dnewguy

spurs4#5
10-28-2012, 10:15 PM
First of all, I'm on my iPhone. Secondly, it auto-caps certain words. Thirdly, I spelt hindsight wrong. Fourth, you spelt Google wrong lol. Fifth, stfu and stay on topic. And finally, it's "thenewguy" not danewguy or dnewguy

lmao...awesome

JNoel
10-28-2012, 10:17 PM
I thought about this and in reality, Magic were so desperate for anything they can get at the time of the trade deadline. They could have pulled off trading just Ibaka and probably Perkins for Howard and Anderson imo. Imagine that lineup disregarding the contract situations.

Westbrick
Harden
Durant
Anderson
Howard
:drool:

Green Storm
10-28-2012, 10:18 PM
dnewguy, weren't you supposed to never come back to PSD after the Mavs beat the Heat in the finals?

Sactown
10-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I think Okc got a great deal for him, they have so much depth in Maynor, Perry Jones III, Lamb, and Kevin Martin. They might not get the play making that Harden brought, but they definitely added an efficient scorer in Martin and a nice rookie in Lamb, they also got a pear of first rounders form a team I don't think is going to see the post season this year.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
10-28-2012, 10:28 PM
I agree I think this was a great trade for okc considering they were gonna lose harden at years end for nothing since they couldn't pay him a Max....

Tony Perkis
10-28-2012, 10:32 PM

Goggle? Dude it's Google. At least reread your post before "submit reply"....it's just annoying.

I Rock Shaqs
10-28-2012, 11:15 PM
hind site? Dude it's hindsight, at-least goggle before making a thread. And please do not capitalize "ok" then lower case "c"...it's just annoying.

lol fail!!!

Dade County
10-28-2012, 11:17 PM
That would have been great... But Howard did not want OKC, or the Bulls would have had a chance too...

Howard wanted a big market and his own team... I think Howard should have picked the Bulls or OKC, but he didn't want to be tied to KD or Rose, I think his crazy, but to each their own.

I'm happy that he can't see the forest from the trees... it makes my sports life easier as a HEAT fan.

dnewguy
10-29-2012, 01:55 AM

:facepalm:

WHODAT8o8
10-29-2012, 02:21 AM
:facepalm:

I thought you were a Heat fan?

RLundi
10-29-2012, 04:44 AM
Goggle? Dude it's Google. At least reread your post before "submit reply"....it's just annoying.

Ownage.

mjokc
10-29-2012, 05:13 AM
I think Okc got a great deal for him, they have so much depth in Maynor, Perry Jones III, Lamb, and Kevin Martin. They might not get the play making that Harden brought, but they definitely added an efficient scorer in Martin and a nice rookie in Lamb, they also got a pear of first rounders form a team I don't think is going to see the post season this year.

Nobody in this thread knows how to spell. :laugh2:

Sssmush
10-29-2012, 05:59 AM

I agree.

Combining Lamb and Martin with all their other talented players makes OKc an even sweeter team in some respects.

JasonJohnHorn
10-29-2012, 09:35 AM
OKC is a small market and simply will not pull in the kind of revenue that could allow them to pay for Westbrook, Durant and Howard. What would Howard bring to the team? Defense and rebounding. They are doing well in both. And they certainly don't need another scorer, or many more at any rate, since they have Durant and Westbrook. Howard would have been an upgrade at center, no doubt, but at what cost?

OKC has a great roster and should be more than able to win the west this year (though that does not mean they have it locked up). And they are doing it without having to pay a huge salary like the Lakers.

I have to assume they were considering trading Harden all summer and were quietly looking at different options before them, because that trade came too quickly after the negotiations stalled to not have been lined up before hand.

Aleksandar
10-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Don't know about the topic, but LOL at the fail grammar police officer hahah

dnewguy
10-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Ownage.

SMH...type in google in 2012 MS word and see what happens. I typed in google, it's not my fault auto-correct changed it to "goggle"...but then who says hind site? what the hell does that even mean.

dh144498
10-29-2012, 03:15 PM
SMH...type in google in 2012 MS word and see what happens. I typed in google, it's not my fault auto-correct changed it to "goggle"...but then who says hind site? what the hell does that even mean.

dear fellow laker fan, stop embarrassing us.... :facepalm: