PDA

View Full Version : Will James Harden make the allstar team this year?

JordansBulls
10-28-2012, 06:21 PM
With the Allstar Game in Houston this year, what is the likihood that James Harden will be playing in the allstar game this season?

mightybosstone
10-28-2012, 06:24 PM
I think he will, actually. He should have made the team last year, and as the No. 1 option on a young Rockets team still learning to play together, I think he's going to get a LOT of shots this season. I think he could finish in the top 5 in scoring this season and top 10 in a lot of advanced statistical categories.

JNoel
10-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Reserve, behind Kobe

JordansBulls
10-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Reserve, behind Kobe

Remember it is just 2 guards not necessarily a PG and SG. It could be two SG's that start or two PG's or one of each.

DoMeFavors
10-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Prob him or Manu backing up Kobe

kblo247
10-28-2012, 06:32 PM
No

Russ Kobe Tony Paul Iggy

JNoel
10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Remember it is just 2 guards not necessarily a PG and SG. It could be two SG's that start or two PG's or one of each.

Yeah, this is who i see making the all-star team, so Harden will prob get the last spot

PG- Paul, Nash, Westbrook, Parker

SG-Bryant, Harden

SF- Durant

PF- Griffin, Dirk, Love

C- Howard, LMA, Marc Gasol

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-28-2012, 06:41 PM
The Western conference already has 4 all star quality point guards which probably means only one of Harden/Ginobili/Gordon would make it in assuming all three are healthy. I could see him making it in as a reserve.

Side note, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 4 all star quality PG's doesn't make it because Lin got voted in.

mrblisterdundee
10-28-2012, 06:43 PM
It's obviously a competition between Andre Igoudala and James Harden to be the second-best shooting guard in the west. Ginobili officially fell out of the race when Harden took his Sixth Man of the Year award. Eric Gordon will take a bit too long coming back from injury to be the second-best in the west.
Harden has what it takes to win that battle with Igoudala. I think both of them could be picked because of their roles as primary scorer, ability to play multiple positions and popularity stemming from both their NBA and Olympic experience.

heyman321
10-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes, it's going to be Lin/Harden backcourt. Lin will get voted in by all Houstonians, and Chinese/Taiwanese. Let's see....that's about 2.5 billion votes. And Harden will make it as a reserve probably.

kblo247
10-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah, this is who i see making the all-star team, so Harden will prob get the last spot

PG- Paul, Nash, Westbrook, Parker

SG-Bryant, Harden

SF- Durant

PF- Griffin, Dirk, Love

C- Howard, LMA, Marc Gasol

Iguodala is the starting sg in Denver

Corey
10-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Nope, Eric Gordon will make it over him.

JNoel
10-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Iguodala is the starting sg in Denver
Denver is so loaded that Iggy won't put up the stats that Harden will on basically his own team.

Nope, Eric Gordon will make it over him.
Don't know if your serious or not, but Gordon better be healthy this season if he wants to even be considered an all-star.

kblo247
10-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Denver will win though and west coaches reward that more than east coaches

Corey
10-28-2012, 06:55 PM
but Gordon better be healthy this season if he wants to even be considered an all-star.
Of course.

Even if he isn't I'll still take Paul, Kobe, Westbrook, Nash, Parker and Iggy before Harden.

Iron24th
10-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Reserve behind Kobe and westy

odiz
10-28-2012, 07:04 PM
I could almost see him making it as a starter if he is averaging 20+ ppg. Lin will probably get voted in through the Asian votes and a lot of those voters will vote for Harden aswell since they are on the same team.

Baller1
10-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah he'll make it.

THE MTL
10-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Eh, alot of it depends on team's record too. Eric Gordon, Manu Ginobli, Andre Igudola all play on significantly better teams which is going to help them get the coach's vote

Hawkeye15
10-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't think the Rockets will win more than 35 games this year, so no, he will probably be left off, unless he puts up 24-6-5 numbers or something ridiculous.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-28-2012, 08:06 PM
The Western conference already has 4 all star quality point guards which probably means only one of Harden/Ginobili/Gordon would make it in assuming all three are healthy. I could see him making it in as a reserve.

Side note, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 4 all star quality PG's doesn't make it because Lin got voted in.

Lin is not getting voted over Kobe and CP3.

TheNumber37
10-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Paul, Kobe, Westbrook if Healthy are locks.
If Lin gets voted in (that's terrible) it would hurt his chances.
There's also Tony Parker, Igoudala, and even Nash and Gordon to consider, who will all most likely be playing on better teams than Houston will be.

They've really started giving roster spots to the winners (ask Monta Ellis)

ewing
10-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Him and Lin will both make it

KnicksorBust
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
double post

KnicksorBust
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Yes as a reserve. Barring injury, CP3-Kobe are locks for starting. In 2 years however, he'll be the best SG in the game.

Sactown
10-28-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't think so, not enough spots in a guard loaded western conference

JasonJohnHorn
10-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Tough to say. It depends a lot on how other players are playing. Kobe obviously will be starting at SG. At PG I assume CP# and Westbrook will take two spots and Tony Parker might get a spot. As for shooting guard, it depends on what other players are doing. How is Kevin Martin going to do in OKC? I don't expect him to make the All-Star team, but I don't think it's out of the question if he's knocking down shots. Then there is Brandon Roy. What level will he be playing at? Eric Gordan? Stephen Curry? Tyreke Evans? There are a few young players who have been developing very well over the last couple of seasons that might earn a spot.

Then of course there is the Linsanity factor. Is Asia going to respond to Lin the way they responded to Yao? and just vote him intot he starting line up? Will those same voters vote for Harden simply because he is Lin's teammate? Who knows....

JordansBulls
10-29-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't think so, not enough spots in a guard loaded western conference

What do you mean not enough spots?

KnicksorBust
10-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Tough to say. It depends a lot on how other players are playing. Kobe obviously will be starting at SG. At PG I assume CP# and Westbrook will take two spots and Tony Parker might get a spot. As for shooting guard, it depends on what other players are doing. How is Kevin Martin going to do in OKC? I don't expect him to make the All-Star team, but I don't think it's out of the question if he's knocking down shots. Then there is Brandon Roy. What level will he be playing at? Eric Gordan? Stephen Curry? Tyreke Evans? There are a few young players who have been developing very well over the last couple of seasons that might earn a spot.

Then of course there is the Linsanity factor. Is Asia going to respond to Lin the way they responded to Yao? and just vote him intot he starting line up? Will those same voters vote for Harden simply because he is Lin's teammate? Who knows....

Half the guys you mentioned will be lucky to stay healthy. And only 1 (Gordon) has a chance to put up #1 option numbers. Martin-Roy are particular stretches of the imagination.

Carey
10-29-2012, 10:58 AM
I think so, i could see him averaging 20/5/5

Fnom11
10-29-2012, 11:17 AM
I always thought Gordon>Harden and I'll stick to that. I think Gordon comes out and has an amazing year

JordansBulls
10-31-2012, 02:14 PM
I always thought Gordon>Harden and I'll stick to that. I think Gordon comes out and has an amazing year

When did Gordon ever play? The guy is out all the time with a fake *** injury.

JordansBulls
11-01-2012, 05:45 PM
With the Houston fan base, imagine the allstar game starting both Lin and Harden due to the Chinese votes.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Kobe, Ginobli, Harden.

Choose the odd man out.

Baller1
11-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Well, if Harden plays even half as well as he did last night... He's a lock to be an Allstar and could be starting.

He was unstoppable in every way last night.

LongWayFromHome
11-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Yes, it's going to be Lin/Harden backcourt. Lin will get voted in by all Houstonians, and Chinese/Taiwanese. Let's see....that's about 2.5 billion votes. And Harden will make it as a reserve probably.

This is a good point. Lin will obv be a starter. But I bet the Asians fall in love with Harden too and he might get a ton of votes.

rockbottom2010
11-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Beast!

dh144498
11-01-2012, 06:26 PM

:rock:

SINCESTARBURY25
11-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Yes because he will put up star numbers and the Asian fan-base will vote him in with Lin.

JasonJohnHorn
11-01-2012, 07:53 PM
WOW!!! If last night was any indication of how he's going to be playing, all I have to say is FAWK YEAH!!!

3RDASYSTEM
11-01-2012, 08:06 PM
this sounds like the mvp race

its not based on a players 'game' anymore to represent the allstar game,but its based on the team w-l record?

its funny it doesnt work like that in COY voting, they always say the coach had the talent, he should win, so they punish the coach but reward the player

so im thinking if a player has superstar/allnba game, then why would his team have to have a high seed/wins to make it?

if HARDEN keeps putting up his debut numbers or maintains a high scoring avg like 25-27ppg then he will make allstar team ..regards of ROCKETS record

Minimal
11-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I think this years Harden will be the Derrick Rose of 2010-2011 season. Hype and media attention will be all over him. I won't be surprised if he wins the MVP.

To answer the question he'll be a reserve behind Kobe, Durant and Westbrook.

Driven
11-01-2012, 09:12 PM
It'll be close. I'm expecting Lin to get voted in so there goes one potential spot.

JordansBulls
11-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I think this years Harden will be the Derrick Rose of 2010-2011 season. Hype and media attention will be all over him. I won't be surprised if he wins the MVP.

To answer the question he'll be a reserve behind Kobe, Durant and Westbrook.

It wasn't hype or media attention. It was mainly because the Bulls had the best record in the league despite being predicted to be 4th that season in the East and also that his 2nd and 3rd best players were out 20+ and 30+ games as well.