PDA

View Full Version : Are the Rockets done makin moves?

Manimal
10-28-2012, 07:19 AM
I am not sure how many contracts they have now, but I'm assuming it's more than 15 guaranteed contracts with the 4 players the received from OKC. I have a feeling they make another move and try to contend this year.

mgsports
10-28-2012, 08:42 AM
They have to let some guys go like 2.

Daunter
10-28-2012, 08:50 AM
I wonder if they can get anymore unproven overhyped players and overpay them

Davidgta1
10-28-2012, 08:58 AM
I wonder if they can get anymore unproven overhyped players and overpay them

This might be there best team they had in years even tho I think the Lin signing was a mistake.

BKLYNpigeon
10-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Rockets are still VERY small to compete in the West.

if Carlos Delfino is your starting 5, youre going to lose alot of games.

JoyRide
10-28-2012, 09:20 AM

who told you Delfino is starter? :confused:

torocan
10-28-2012, 09:49 AM

Uh.... Delfino has been playing off the Bench...

DreamShaker
10-28-2012, 09:54 AM

Asik is the starter and Mullins will back him up.

Daunter
10-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Who is Houston'sPF?

Manimal
10-28-2012, 10:01 AM
They have no shortage of PF's. Donatas Motiejunas, Terrence Jones, Royce White, JaJuan Johnson and one more I can't remember his name.

Also have Asik and Cole Aldrich at the five. No shortage of height.

Manimal
10-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Looked it up, Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris also play the 4. That's 6 power forwards.

yaswaggin
10-28-2012, 10:06 AM
No they aren't done yet.

yaswaggin
10-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Looked it up, Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris also play the 4. That's 6 power forwards.

And all 6 have starter caliber potential

Daunter
10-28-2012, 10:09 AM
If Royce White gets himself together watch out for the Rockets

JasonJohnHorn
10-28-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure if they are done making moves or not, but you certainly can't say they haven't put an effort out this offseason. They made some moves that left me scratchign my head (getting rid of Dalembert and Lowery for example), but I think the Asik signing is great, even if they back-loaded the contract, and the Harden trade is awesome (though I think they gave up to many picks... I think Martin and Lamb should have been enough to land Harden). Giving up picks in the Harden deal will likely hurt, because unless this team is a playoff team this season, they are still gong to need to add a couple of pieces via the draft, and giving up two first rounders is going to make that hard.

I do not think this team will make the playoffs. But i do think they have some really nice pieces. A lot of their success will depend on Jeremy Lin's performance, as well as the performance of their rookies. I know the one pre-season game everybody was saying that Westbrooks was just blowing by Lin, and Lin said in comments afterwards that his knee was not at 100% and it was slowing him down. They better hope that Lin is just more than a cardboard cut out on defence. Though Lin may prove to be a revenue juggernaut if he sells a lot of merchandise in the Asian market, he may prove to be a liability on the floor, and in that case the Rockets may find themselves wishing they had kept Lowery. But we all know a PG with no D can still succeed in this league (Nash, Calderon), and if Asik is as good at post defence as his stats suggest, then he may help provide relief. So the rest depends on the performance of the rookies. I'm hoping to see Royce White do well and succeed despite some of the health issues that seem to be holding him back.

Rockets fans have a reason to be cuatiously optimistic, but I wouldnt put high expectations on them right now. As for making more moves, I don't think they will. Asik and Lin can't be traded, and though Harden could be, I think he is the player they want. And what draft picks they have left, I believe, won't get much interest from the rest of the league.

alexander_37
10-28-2012, 12:20 PM
They still have room for a max this offseason too.

torocan
10-28-2012, 12:24 PM
They're most likely done until Wednesday.

Next trade deadline and summer, all bets are off. Morey still has enough to sign another Max player... expect him to look for ways to use it.

Thegame187
10-28-2012, 12:34 PM
would surprise me if he holds ontot that cahs with an eye to resigning your own guys (Parsons, Patterson, maybe Morris), of course if another big player becomes available (Jennings/J Smith?) we can still put in an offer like: 1 1st rounder, Pat patterson, Morris, and White (when can take on extra cash due to being so far under the cap)

FOBolous
10-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Rockets still got the Max to use next off season. but yeeea...if Jeremy Lin lives up to the hype and Asik's preseason play continues into the regular season....with the addition of James Harden, the Rockets will be alright. a bonus would be the Rockets signing a legit superstar next off season with our max....the Rockets would be perfect after that.