PDA

View Full Version : Is the Harden trade the Beginning of KD looking else where?

Dade County
10-27-2012, 11:21 PM
I mean KD really wanted Harden on the team... He sees them as all brothers, and what if the Thunder don't get back to the Finals.

This could be the beginning, when we all ask ourselves , why KD didn't resign back with OKC.

Discuss.

Supreme LA
10-27-2012, 11:25 PM
No, KD is nothing like LBJ. Two totally different people.

JasonJohnHorn
10-27-2012, 11:25 PM
OKC has two 25+ point scorers in Durant and Westbrook. All they need at SG is somebody who can shoot with a high percentage. They don't need Harden. He would have cost OCK more than he was worth. This is a good trade. They get a promising young rookie and a vet at SG, and picks on top of it. This team still has every reason to finish on top in the west. No need for Durant to look elsewhere.

That said, if Lamb is a bust (which I don't think he will be), 15 years from now people will be saying: Why did OKC trade Harden. They could have been SO good.

Guppyfighter
10-27-2012, 11:29 PM
I think people are under selling Harden right now. Harden is really ****ing good. Anyways, this trade is bad because they could have amnestied Perkins and kept him. It's not like they had zero options.

Baller1
10-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah, he's going to go back to the team that drafted him. It'll be a greatdaybwhen it happens too.

seikou8
10-27-2012, 11:31 PM

so what and he can leave if he feels he isnt getting enough help if he does he had way more help than lebron had in cleveland.

*Superman*
10-27-2012, 11:31 PM
I think it has an effect on KD in the future, whether he shows it or not. He was a big piece of that team.

InRoseWeTrust
10-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Is this thread real life?

Bruno
OKC is still looking good. they might not get past the Lakers for the next two seasons- but the west will be theirs when LALs old talent gets off the books. assuming LAL doesn't do another massive reload after 2014.

CB29
I think people are under selling Harden right now. Harden is really ****ing good. Anyways, this trade is bad because they could have amnestied Perkins and kept him. It's not like they had zero options.

Can someone explain to me why the hell they should've amnestied Perkins? They kinda need a center to guard a guy like Dwight, Marc Gasol or TImmy D. If you let Perk go, Ibaka and COle Aldrich can't do the job.... Harden was the most easily replaceable star on the roster and they made the correct decision...

Supreme LA
10-27-2012, 11:36 PM
so what and he can leave if he feels he isnt getting enough help if he does he had way more help than lebron had in cleveland.

Yeah, so what? :eyebrow:

I don't think he leaves.

Mave1002
10-27-2012, 11:38 PM
OKC is still looking good. they might not get past the Lakers for the next two seasons- but the west will be theirs when LALs old talent gets off the books. assuming LAL doesn't do another massive reload after 2014.

DH12 | Love | Irving

I think that's big enough for a "reload". :cool:

Guppyfighter
10-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Can someone explain to me why the hell they should've amnestied Perkins? They kinda need a center to guard a guy like Dwight, Marc Gasol or TImmy D. If you let Perk go, Ibaka and COle Aldrich can't do the job.... Harden was the most easily replaceable star on the roster and they made the correct decision...

Perkins is not that good. Harden is very good. They have a serviceable big and if it was that big of a problem they could fix it later. You need to think farther than the season ahead. A core of KD, WB, JH, and SI for at least five years if not more is much better than what Perkins brings to the table this year.

Mave1002

Agree. I can sense a different kind of loyalty running through his veins.

Old School.

Guppyfighter
DH12 | Love | Irving

I think that's big enough for a "reload". :cool:

Irving will be a RFA.

bucketss

hilarious you think you know either of them personally or what is in their heads. how is leaving okc being like lbj did lebron invent the leaving your team thing?

Bravo95
10-27-2012, 11:40 PM
#Durant2ATL2016

TheNumber37
10-27-2012, 11:42 PM
no, this one is a lifer.

Supreme LA
10-27-2012, 11:42 PM
hilarious you think you know either of them personally or what is in their heads. how is leaving okc being like lbj did lebron invent the leaving your team thing?

I just think KD's different. It's my opinion. So what? :eyebrow:

bucketss
10-27-2012, 11:43 PM

Old School.

old school like kareem leaving the bucks? old school like shaq leaving the magic? old school like kobe demanding trades? i laugh at the word LOYALTY in sports just like the thunder were LOYAL tonight shipping harden to the rockets

UPRock
10-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Yep, Durant isn't the same as LeBron because he hasn't tested Free Agency! We don't really know how loyal Durant is yet people, stop assuming that Durant is loyal and all that ****.

Supreme LA
10-27-2012, 11:46 PM
old school like kareem leaving the bucks? old school like shaq leaving the magic? old school like kobe demanding trades? i laugh at the word LOYALTY in sports just like the thunder were LOYAL tonight shipping harden to the rockets

Why are so sensitive about this? Some of us think KD is going to stay. You think he will leave. Big deal? Not really. You're arguing about something that doesn't even need to be debated. Lets just wait and see? :facepalm:

CB29
10-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Perkins is not that good. Harden is very good. They have a serviceable big and if it was that big of a problem they could fix it later. You need to think farther than the season ahead. A core of KD, WB, JH, and SI for at least five years if not more is much better than what Perkins brings to the table this year.

How the hell are you supposed to guard Dwight howard? They're replaced James Harden quite well. There's no doubt that he benefitted playing alongside Westbrook and Durant... Same will happen for Martin and Lamb... Sefolosha started anyways so i don't see them losing a step at all to be honest. They're much better for the future too... Lamb is a serviceable wing with great potential and PJ3 has great potential as well... They made a solid trade imo.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-27-2012, 11:50 PM

Oh don't worry, they will! ;)

JordansBulls
10-27-2012, 11:52 PM
The Bulls could have gotten this guy.

Mr_Jones
10-27-2012, 11:53 PM

C'mon, man.

Supreme LA
10-27-2012, 11:55 PM
C'mon, man.

That's basically what the OP was asking in my opinion. I just assumed it was another Heat fan looking for justification.

My bad.:p

Patrick Ewing33
10-27-2012, 11:55 PM
If he doesn't win a chip by the time his contract is expired, I wouldn't be suprised to see Durant in a Knicks uni.. (just a joke) but I would'nt be suprised to see him leave OKC. Nevertheless they have a good team they'll have a lot of chances to win, so he'll probably stay, if thats the case..

Supreme LA
10-27-2012, 11:57 PM
If he doesn't win a chip by the time his contract is expired, I wouldn't be suprised to see Durant in a Knicks uni.. (just a joke) but I would'nt be suprised to see him leave OKC. Nevertheless they have a good team they'll have a lot of chances to win, so he'll probably stay, if thats the case..

Why would he go to Knicks if he wants to win? Lakers would obviously be the best choice out there for him.

IndyRealist
10-28-2012, 12:00 AM

Because Perkins makes WAY too much money for what he does, and by using the amnesty on him they could have kept Harden without tax issues. Yes they would have had problems guarding Dwight, but they have problems guarding him anyway.

JOhnnyTHaJet
10-28-2012, 12:00 AM
When the Thunder get a big man from the draft next year with a potential top 10 pick (could even trade into the top 5), and Martin provides the same amount of scoring that Harden did (not to mention Lamb has a chance to pan out very nicely), nobody will be worried about OKC's future. Especially Durant.

bucketss
10-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Why are so sensitive about this? Some of us think KD is going to stay. You think he will leave. Big deal? Not really. You're arguing about something that doesn't even need to be debated. Lets just wait and see? :facepalm:

i didn't say he was going to leave but its a possibility,i just find it weird loyalty is only something expected upon the player but not the team. so to me theres no loyalty in the nba so the word loyal shouldn't be used as a compliment and players shouldn't be called out for their lack of loyalty to the team. after all its a business -.-

IndyRealist
10-28-2012, 12:05 AM
How the hell are you supposed to guard Dwight howard? They're replaced James Harden quite well. There's no doubt that he benefitted playing alongside Westbrook and Durant... Same will happen for Martin and Lamb... Sefolosha started anyways so i don't see them losing a step at all to be honest. They're much better for the future too... Lamb is a serviceable wing with great potential and PJ3 has great potential as well... They made a solid trade imo.

Potential and $1.24 will get you a cup of coffee. Martin's getting older and there's no guarantee Lamb will ever get to Harden's level. Sefolosha started so they didn't have to worry about shot distribution. That doesn't make him better than Harden. And I don't see KD and Westy as players that make their teammates better, do you? Other than preventing help D on Harden, they didn't exactly make him a better player.

ColtsSpursTerps
10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
I hope so. he deserves better than westbrick

Dade County
10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
I just wanted everyone to be aware that today's trade could be the spark that has KD looking else where, if things start to unravel.

If things go great, then of course KD isn't going anywhere.

diu9leilomo
10-28-2012, 12:10 AM
KD is gone for sure if they cant make it to the finals this yr

HaruSoul
10-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Durants reaction...

"Wow"

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/262402977166401536

king4day
10-28-2012, 12:15 AM
OKC didn't lose him for nothing. They got current and future pieces. KD has to love their front office. All the more reason to want to stay.

Quinnsanity
10-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Dumbass

Carey
10-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Nope...KD, Russ and Ibaka all locked up long term. 17 ppg game scorer and better spot up shooter coming in, two lottery pick talents in PJ3 and Lamb to groom and a possible lotto pick from Toronto, a first from Dallas and what could be the first pick in the 2nd round next year from Charlotte. I say the cupboard is pretty full, and the fact that they offered Harden as much as they did shows they are willing to spend and pay some tax, future and the present still very bright in OKC.

AsiandudePH
10-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Not really. I think KD's a loyal guy, and with Ibaka, Westy and him on board the Thunder is gonna be in contention for years to come. People forget that these guys are so, so young!

Plus I agree w/ the assessment on Jeremy Lamb. I think he'll be a very good role player, probably a borderline all star in the future.

Plus what if Harden continues to play like #%@% as he did in the Finals? I think this trade doesn't look great right now, but it will be a few years down the road.

Mr_Jones
10-28-2012, 12:21 AM
That's basically what the OP was asking in my opinion. I just assumed it was another Heat fan looking for justification.

My bad.:p

:)

Matrix3132
10-28-2012, 12:23 AM
I mean KD really wanted Harden on the team... He sees them as all brothers, and what if the Thunder don't get back to the Finals.

This could be the beginning, when we all ask are self's, why KD didn't resign back with OKC.

Discuss.

Jeff Green was his "brother" too, probably more so since they were the same draft class, how did that work out for okc?

Lakerhead4ever
10-28-2012, 12:24 AM
i think if the thunder dont do well from this trade i can see him asking to go else where.

although i think the thunder are a very smart organization and will in order to keep durant happy. unlike the cavs.

mrblisterdundee
10-28-2012, 12:24 AM
I think it partially depends on Jeremy Lamb. You know what you're getting with Kevin Martin (some scoring), but Lamb could develop into something special at shooting guard. He scored as well as James Harden in college, but he doesn't seem to make plays as much.
I think ultimately, keeping Serge Ibaka is more valuable than keeping Harden, especially when you're getting Lamb. The Thunder are still really deep.

JEDean89
10-28-2012, 12:26 AM
seriously how many teams can afford 3 max contracts and pay 12 to ibaka and 7 to perkins on top of it! i think, though call me crazy, that the thunder should have tried to trade westbrook for a center or a pure pg, then extend harden. having a superstar at the 2, 3 and 4 is a proven formula ( the bulls Jordan, Pippen, Rodman) the celts, (allen, pierce, garnett) and the heat (wade, james, bosh). i think durant would be better w/out westbrook, whereas James Harden plays better off the ball.

zookman65
10-28-2012, 12:26 AM
I think people tend to overrate Harden a bit because of the intimidating beard factor. If he were clean shaven this trade wouldnt hit people so hard.

broncofangene
10-28-2012, 12:39 AM
He will leave in the next few years in my opinion. Millionaire ballers eventually want to get out of small market cities. OKC is not an ideal city for young rich people in any way

Cosmic_Canon
10-28-2012, 12:53 AM

All jokes aside, it's not completely unrealistic that the Knicks end up getting KD. Especially w/ Melo and Amare coming off the books.

Bulls_fan90
10-28-2012, 01:08 AM
Durant addressing the media right now. Link here (http://fullcourtpumps.com/wp-content/themes/TheStyle/timthumb.php?src=http://fullcourtpumps.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Duranthat.png&h=186&w=186&zc=1&q=90)

Mr. NBA
10-28-2012, 01:10 AM
this is why the OKC thunder wanted 2 1st round picks in case KD leaves.

but there is no way houston is going to be bottom tier this season.

They way they have been playing...OMG...

yes the rockets have inexperience, but people like harden, defino etc will help.

theheatles
10-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Durant will go to DC, but it'll be "different" because he'll be going "home"

albertajaysfan
10-28-2012, 01:26 AM

Agreed.

They need to keep money available just in case they can get a post player with some offensive talent. Although if PJ3 learns to play in the post this team is going to be disgustingly athletic.

Although Harden was a key piece a scoring guard off the bench is one of the easiest things to replace. Plus keep in mind this year they have a ball handler off the bench in Maynor.

Skaterdude
10-28-2012, 01:48 AM
Clearly Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, and Kevin Love are going to join together to either all take the vet minimum to go play in Miami or start their own big three by signing with the future expansion team in Seattle.

You can see the signs now: all played for team USA at one point and time and each player has a K in their full name. Stupid Harden trade had to go ruin everything.

KnickaBocka.44
10-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Clearly Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, and Kevin Love are going to join together to either all take the vet minimum to go play in Miami or start their own big three by signing with the future expansion team in Seattle.

You can see the signs now: all played for team USA at one point and time and each player has a K in their full name. Stupid Harden trade had to go ruin everything.

Puff puff give. That must be the piff

N3TS
10-28-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm sure Durant isn't all that happy with this trade, but I don't see him leaving the Thunder over this.

JNA17
10-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Durant won't leave the Thunder over this. He would have demanded the trade after the Jeff Green for Perkins deal if that was the case.

If Durant were to leave the Thunder, it would be because of the FO not doing anything (which as you can all see, that's clearly not the case) or the Thunder don't win a chip when his contract expires. But somehow I don't see him leaving an organization over that.

But hey, if he does, Lakers welcome him :D.

abe_froman
10-28-2012, 06:12 AM
of course.the thunder without harden will be like cavs without lebron.there was just no one of quality on that team except for him

todu82
10-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I think Durant's going to be 1 of those guys that will stay with his current team long-term.

LJEATON26
10-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Durant will finish his career in OKC. Harden being traded isn't going to change that. He was best friends with Jeff Green when he was traded to the Celt's and said that he realized this is a business.

Dade County
10-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Seriously, why are some of you posters bringing up Lbj.

If OKC doesn't win any championships when KD contract is up, and if negative outcomes start to rear it's hand towards OKC/KD ( snow ball effect )... I am pointing out that this trade could be the beginning of KD rethinking his position about OKC.

This outlook has nothing to do with Lbj, stop being so immature people.

RLundi
10-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Lol no, not at all. He still has like 3 or 4 years left on his contract. Repost this thread when he has a year left.

Vinylman
10-28-2012, 11:35 AM
i didn't say he was going to leave but its a possibility,i just find it weird loyalty is only something expected upon the player but not the team. so to me theres no loyalty in the nba so the word loyal shouldn't be used as a compliment and players shouldn't be called out for their lack of loyalty to the team. after all its a business -.-

really?

I think it is fine that Harden declined the thunders offer but you are basically saying the only way the team is loyal is if they max the guy out... It is not disloyal of Presti to say i don't think Harden is a max player... what is disloyal is to do something stupid like max a player out and put your team in cap hell forever just because a players OPEN MARKET value is a max deal.

Do you think Morey really believes that Harden is a max player? Not a chance. What he does understand is that his cap situation and team revenue situation will allow him to overpay for guys in the hopes of drawing the biggest free agent this summer...

People need to understand context... everything isn't black and white

Vinylman
10-28-2012, 11:39 AM
seriously how many teams can afford 3 max contracts and pay 12 to ibaka and 7 to perkins on top of it! i think, though call me crazy, that the thunder should have tried to trade westbrook for a center or a pure pg, then extend harden. having a superstar at the 2, 3 and 4 is a proven formula ( the bulls Jordan, Pippen, Rodman) the celts, (allen, pierce, garnett) and the heat (wade, james, bosh). i think durant would be better w/out westbrook, whereas James Harden plays better off the ball.

really? thats the formula? superstars at the 2/3/4?

Lakers and spurs during that same time period say Hello

Jarvo
10-28-2012, 11:47 AM
:facepalm:

Jarvo
10-28-2012, 11:48 AM

Jarvo
10-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Why is Lebron even brought up? It's almost 2013 get over it he's G O N E ! You should say KD isn't Dwight.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-28-2012, 11:49 AM
:confused:

lottery pick, 1st round pick, second round pick, k-mart, lamb, cash for harden and 3 scrubs..

idk what more do you want for Harden...

RLundi
10-28-2012, 11:51 AM
really?

I think it is fine that Harden declined the thunders offer but you are basically saying the only way the team is loyal is if they max the guy out... It is not disloyal of Presti to say i don't think Harden is a max player... what is disloyal is to do something stupid like max a player out and put your team in cap hell forever just because a players OPEN MARKET value is a max deal.

Do you think Morey really believes that Harden is a max player? Not a chance. What he does understand is that his cap situation and team revenue situation will allow him to overpay for guys in the hopes of drawing the biggest free agent this summer...

People need to understand context... everything isn't black and white

You say not everything is black and white, then you go on to provide a very black-and-white misapplied definition of what disloyalty is.

What you've just described has nothing to do with context. It has to do with the beholder's value. Who decides if a player is max-quality or not? There is no rule or criteria that dictates how much money a player should receive- it's solely based on opinion and a team's ability and decision to spend.

Santana4Prez'08
10-28-2012, 11:52 AM
:confused:

lottery pick, 1st round pick, second round pick, k-mart, lamb, cash for harden and 3 scrubs..

idk what more do you want for Harden...

second this. people act like k-mart isnt an effective scorer, granted hes not harden but hes a viable replacement. additonally, lamb is a solid prospect and they got a lot of picks. its not like they just dumped him...

Vinylman
10-28-2012, 12:00 PM
You say not everything is black and white, then you go on to provide a very black-and-white misapplied definition of what disloyalty is.
What you've just described has nothing to do with context. It has to do with the beholder's value. Who decides if a player is max-quality or not? There is no rule or criteria that dictates how much money a player should receive- it's solely based on opinion and a team's ability and decision to spend.

wow... talk about getting it backwards... i was responding to a specific point a poster was making about this situation...

as for the black and white... that had to do with why teams pay what they will for players... notice how it was added AFTER why houston would pay more

good luck with your crap team this year... i would be bitter toward laker fans also

btw... your stalking of me is not situational... it is black and white everytime you quote one of my posts...

enjoy your sad existence :clap:

Punk
10-28-2012, 01:23 PM
So, KD will look elsewhere because his home boi decided to get greedy and not accept the maximum offer of 54 million dollars that OKC offered him? Then, the Thunder traded him for a very good SG and future SG instead of allowing him to go for nothing.

#C'monSon

Losoway
10-28-2012, 01:44 PM
I really have to agree with you. I think it has a big effect.

I can see kd leaving now

Losoway
10-28-2012, 01:44 PM
seriously, why are some of you posters bringing up lbj.

If okc doesn't win any championships when kd contract is up, and if negative outcomes start to rear it's hand towards okc/kd ( snow ball effect )... I am pointing out that this trade could be the beginning of kd rethinking his position about okc.

This outlook has nothing to do with lbj, stop being so immature people.

my point exactly. Okc got worst this year

Gritz
10-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Is this thread real life?

Its a fictional novel

Gritz
10-28-2012, 01:55 PM
So, KD will look elsewhere because his home boi decided to get greedy and not accept the maximum offer of 54 million dollars that OKC offered him? Then, the Thunder traded him for a very good SG and future SG instead of allowing him to go for nothing.

#C'monSon

Get greedy? You mean stay smart. Why take $8 million less when you knoww almost for a fact someone else would be willing to offer you that as a restricted free agent?

Pluvious
10-28-2012, 02:01 PM
OKC didn't lose him for nothing. They got current and future pieces. KD has to love their front office. All the more reason to want to stay.

Anytime you lose an all-star caliber, smart, winning, efficient type young so "love" may be for the future. Right now all you have is "hope". The Front Office was proactive...which is better than waiting until it is too late (like Sarver does EVERY time).

RLundi
10-28-2012, 02:15 PM

wow... talk about getting it backwards... i was responding to a specific point a poster was making about this situation...

as for the black and white... that had to do with why teams pay what they will for players... notice how it was added AFTER why houston would pay more

good luck with your crap team this year... i would be bitter toward laker fans also

btw... your stalking of me is not situational... it is black and white everytime you quote one of my posts...

enjoy your sad existence :clap:

Lol spoken like a true, complete tool. Your version of an insult consists of bashing the team I root for? :laugh2: Serious question: how old are you? I'll humor your asinine logic for a moment though, for kicks and giggles: how would I even know you're a Laker fan? Your avatar is blank and I have sigs turned off. Correct me if I'm wrong, but using this post as a benchmark, you seem like the kind of degenerate whose life is contingent upon their team's success. Why else would you suggest sports have more than a minimal impact on my existence? Truly pathetic.

Even more serious question: who the hell are you? How can I stalk you if I literally have no clue who you are? How embarrassing, your delusions of grandeur and narcissism have diluted your mind. Please get over yourself.

Vinylman
10-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Lol spoken like a true, complete tool. Your version of an insult consists of bashing the team I root for? :laugh2: Serious question: how old are you? I'll humor your asinine logic for a moment though, for kicks and giggles: how would I even know you're a Laker fan? Your avatar is blank and I have sigs turned off. Correct me if I'm wrong, but using this post as a benchmark, you seem like the kind of degenerate whose life is contingent upon their team's success. Why else would you suggest sports have more than a minimal impact on my existence? Truly pathetic.

Even more serious question: who the hell are you? How can I stalk you if I literally have no clue who you are? How embarrassing, your delusions of grandeur and narcissism have diluted your mind. Please get over yourself.

diluted :facepalm:

you aren't worth the key strokes

Chavacano
10-28-2012, 03:17 PM
If KD continues to live up to his good boy image, he'll stay in OKC. Besides, it's not like OKC's FO is incompetent.

Hawkeye15
10-28-2012, 03:22 PM

no, two totally different teams and front offices. Durant was given championship help by year 3, LeBron had to go find his own after year 7.

To answer the question, no, OKC will still contend, and if Lamb or the lottery pick from Toronto can pan out, they will be fine long term. This is a mini step back imo, unless Martin somehow has a big bounceback, but if OKC signed Harden long term, they completely hamstring themselves financially, can could add only minimums. OKC still presents Durant with the best chance to win a chip in the next number of years.

Hawkeye15
10-28-2012, 03:23 PM

Old School.

loyalty haha. That term is used for stars who stick with teams that gave them championship help bud. Hell, even after 3 rings, Kobe was trying to force a trade.

Bird, Magic, Duncan, Kobe, are all considered loyal. Um, why the **** would they leave when their front offices pay them money and give them all stars every year?

CavsYanksDuke
10-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Are self's? Really? REALLY?

bucketss
10-28-2012, 03:34 PM

sorry bro you just got Ethered.

#dropsthemic

Dade County
10-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Are self's? Really? REALLY?

ourselves ...

does it really matter, in a sports forum.

idrinkpepsi
10-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Durant signed his extension like two years ago, so in three years he is really gonna leave OKC? Tons of things can happen in that time.

RLundi
10-28-2012, 06:06 PM

Lol! Thanks for admitting you have no idea what 'dilute' means.

Good lord, you're daft.