PDA

View Full Version : Report: James Harden turned down $52m extension from The Thunder (NBC Sports).

Bruno
10-27-2012, 05:04 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/27/report-james-harden-turned-down-52m-extension-offer-from-thunder/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The most high-profile player eligible for a contract extension before Oct. 31 is the Thunderís James Harden. Heís a playmaker and scorer whoís been vital to the teamís success, and took home the leagueís Sixth Man of the Year award just last season. But heís looking for a max contract, and the Thunder are looking to avoid luxury tax penalties, so the negotiations drag on.

Thunder GM Sam Presti and Hardenís agent Rob Pelinka have been in recent talks, but the sides are still apart on a deal. According to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the latest offer came in about $8 million short.

Harden, 23, recently turned down a four-year offer worth about $52 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Harden, last seasonís Sixth Man of the Year, has been pushing for a maximum contract extension of four years, $60 million.

Nevertheless, the fact the two sides are still negotiating suggests there could be a deal to be made somewhere between the Thunderís latest offer and Hardenís desire for a max contract.

Harden has said he wants to stay with the Thunder, but a player with his talent deserves a max contract, and it appears that he knows it. If no deal is reached by Wednesdayís deadline, Harden will become a restricted free agent on July 1, where heíll almost certainly receive that max offer from someone else. The Thunder will have the right to match, of course, so even if a deal doesnít get done, the possibility that Harden could stay with the team remains.

Kurt Helin broke down the ins and outs of the situation between Harden and the Thunder in greater detail, so give that a read and let us know if you think Harden will indeed be back playing for Oklahoma City for the start of the 2013-14 season.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-27-2012, 05:06 PM
If OKC is smart, they'll give him the max, amnesty Perkins and do a S&T of Ibaka for good pieces that compliment the big 3 of Harden, Westy and KD.

asandhu23
10-27-2012, 05:08 PM
uh oh. trouble in paradise.

xxplayerxx23
10-27-2012, 05:08 PM
It all depends on who they see as better is it Ibaka or Harden? I'm really high on PJ3.

J4KOP99
10-27-2012, 05:09 PM
yeah, he wants 4 yrs $60 mil

JasonJohnHorn
10-27-2012, 05:11 PM
WOW!!! That is a lot of money to turn down. Harden better hope he doesn't get injured this season. Over 10 million per season? That is a fair deal. I'd scoop that up in a heart beat.

If I was OKC I'd look into trading Harden for somebody like Klay Thompson. A great shooting guard under a rookie contract, have the Kings throw in a draft pick. I think the Kings would go for that, and OKC would have an affordable replacement who would fit in with the team. Great three point shooter too. Over 40% from behind the arc as a rookie! I'm still mad at Detroit for not picking him up!

RLundi
10-27-2012, 05:12 PM
I'd argue they don't really need Harden. Ibaka is the better choice, plain and simple, and if Eric Maynor is healthy, I don't see why he can't be used at the one while Westbrook slides into Harden's place. Harden is expendable, especially at $15M a year.

Bruno
10-27-2012, 05:14 PM
he wants that other 8 million. doesn't seem like a huge deal, but in the era of compounded luxury tax, it might cost OKC 16-24 million (after tax) to actually get Harden his additional eight million.

isn't it absolutley classic how these compounded luxury tax regulations created under the new CBA could actually prevent one of the few successful and dominant small market teams from keeping up with the big markets/signing their talent long term??

i just can't get over how ironic that is. compounded luxury tax was created to help the little guy, but in reality all it does is make it harder for them to spend the money necessary to challenge the big markets. The los angeles Lakers just signed a three billion dollar time-warner deal, and we're supposed to pretend that a compounded luxury tax will keep them from spending? please, compounded luxury tax (be it 2 or 3 fold) is childs play for the Lakers. all compounded luxury tax does is keep them untouchable from medium sized markets, otherwise willing to spend the big bucks (like OKC). the problem masquerading as the solution; very similar as to what goes on in american politics.

with that being said, I'm sure they sacrifice their short term bottom lines in order to win a title with this group. if they can win with this team, those fans will be loyal for the rest of time; it's an investment like any other.

thephoenixson28
10-27-2012, 05:18 PM
James harden to Phoenix

KB24PG16
10-27-2012, 05:24 PM
everyone thought okc's window was so big because of their age and now its closing if harden departs

Dade County
10-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Harden better not sign for anything less then the MAX... What if he signs for a cheaper contract and they just trade him 2 yrs from now ( because things are not working out ).

PAY that tax OKC.

I could be just saying all of this, so Harden ends up on another team, because OKC future with him would negatively impact the HEAT ( but the world would never know ).

Bruno
10-27-2012, 05:26 PM
i think they should just give him his money.

if they don't they could try to flip Westbrook for Kyrie Irving. keep on passing down their max guard talent in exchange for future max talent, still on rookie contracts :)

call it the revolving door of cheap, young, soon to be dominant talent. saves your future, saves your pocketbook.

abe_froman
10-27-2012, 05:27 PM
everyone thought okc's window was so big because of their age and now its closing if harden departs
based on your hope?

no,harden is fantastic player but as long as they have kd and westbrook,the champ window is open for them

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Should pushed for Westbrook+Ibaka for D12 base when they had the chance.

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 05:28 PM
i think they should just give him his money.

if they don't they could try to flip Westbrook for Kyrie Irving. keep on passing down their max guard talent in exchange for future max talent, still on rookie contracts :)

call it the revolving door of cheap, young, soon to be dominant talent. saves your future, saves your pocketbook.

Why would Cleveland take that? :confused:

shep33
10-27-2012, 05:28 PM
I think the Thunder will eventually give him what he wants. That being said, if you had to choose, you absolutely take Ibaka. Best shot-blocker in the game, and his offensive game is getting better.

Just trade Harden at the deadline if he doesn't accept any extension. Probably 25 teams would be interested.

roshan3ai
10-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Kyrie is on track to be a top 3 PG at worst in the league. Westbrook has immense talent, but Kyrie is not someone you trade away.

DoMeFavors
10-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Perkins was an awful signing

abe_froman
10-27-2012, 05:31 PM
I think the Thunder will eventually give him what he wants. That being said, if you had to choose, you absolutely take Ibaka. Best shot-blocker in the game, and his offensive game is getting better.

Just trade Harden at the deadline if he doesn't accept any extension. Probably 25 teams would be interested.

this.they have premiere scorers without harden,so you want to keep that defense intact...beside the haul for him will be better than what ibaka would net

shep33
10-27-2012, 05:32 PM

I just don't think Dwight wanted to go there. Seems like he wanted a big market. Would've been pretty fun. That being said, Ibaka + Westbrook are two really darn good players. All-star caliber players for the next decade in my opinion (Ibaka if Brooks plays him real minutes).

JNoel
10-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Amnesty Porkins, Trade Westbrick for Rondo, resign Harden, and you've got a dynasty.

Bruno
10-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Why would Cleveland take that? :confused:

they probably wouldn't. but if I had to give you a reason it would be this. Russell Westbrook is locked up for five full seasons (through the end of 2016-2017). Irving is only guaranteed for the next three seasons. with the memory of LBJ leaving still fresh in their minds, maybe having a guy who is more developed and guaranteed to be locked up for five years serves as better insurance than the young guy who might leave in three years. although there are plenty of cons to this as well such as higher payroll.

i more so mentioned irving as a big name example to my scenario, doesn't have to be him.

in a scenario where they don't want to give Harden max money (remains to be seen), i think flipping westbrook for young PG talent/picks is smart. it allows them to keep Harden, to stay under luxury, and to keep new exciting talent filtering in through the system (something that is otherwise an impossible thing for contenders to do). ideally, they keep everyone until they win, but they have a lot of options.

Bruno
10-27-2012, 05:36 PM

OKC didn't sign him, he was traded for Jeff Green.

Bruno
10-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Kyrie is on track to be a top 3 PG at worst in the league. Westbrook has immense talent, but Kyrie is not someone you trade away.

i wouldn't trade him either.

shep33
10-27-2012, 05:38 PM

I will say that Perkins's value may show if he limits Dwight this year. But we'll see. Kind of a myth that he "shut down" Dwight in the past.

Bruno
10-27-2012, 05:39 PM
I will say that Perkins's value may show if he limits Dwight this year. But we'll see. Kind of a myth that he "shut down" down Dwight in the past.

we'll see. OKC needs Perkins for the Lakers in the playoffs, even if he's of no use to them for the regular season or against Miami.

shep33
10-27-2012, 05:42 PM
we'll see. OKC needs Perkins for the Lakers in the playoffs, even if he's of no use to them for the regular season or against Miami.

Agreed. They can't go in there with Collison and Ibaka against him. Need a true center in there.

DoMeFavors
10-27-2012, 05:43 PM

Yeah he was traded for Jeff Green then they offered him a contract that same week.

OKC
10-27-2012, 05:44 PM
people saying we should have traded ibaka and westbrook for howard are crazy.
by the end, we could get him for harden and ibaka.
hell, they got afflalo and picks for him. maybe just harden would do.
if dwight wanted to be in okc he would be in okc.

I Rock Shaqs
10-27-2012, 05:46 PM

Actually OKC did sign him to a 5 year 50 million dollar deal before he played a game for them I think.

TheNumber37
10-27-2012, 05:47 PM
you are 23 years old and someone is offering you 52 and you want 15% more. dude, take it or get the max on a team not featuring KD, Westbrook, Perkins and Ibaka.

bucketss
10-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Amnesty Porkins, Trade Westbrick for Rondo, resign Harden, and you've got a dynasty.

they're tryna get better not take steps backward.

mdm692
10-27-2012, 05:59 PM
WOW!!! That is a lot of money to turn down. Harden better hope he doesn't get injured this season. Over 10 million per season? That is a fair deal. I'd scoop that up in a heart beat.

If I was OKC I'd look into trading Harden for somebody like Klay Thompson. A great shooting guard under a rookie contract, have the Kings throw in a draft pick. I think the Kings would go for that, and OKC would have an affordable replacement who would fit in with the team. Great three point shooter too. Over 40% from behind the arc as a rookie! I'm still mad at Detroit for not picking him up!

Small problem Klay plays for the Warriors. But if Kings are interested Tyreke and fillers should do.

KB24PG16
10-27-2012, 06:00 PM
based on your hope?

no,harden is fantastic player but as long as they have kd and westbrook,the champ window is open for them

The thing that made okc dangerous was that harden could off the bench and dominate any other teams second unit. without him there are many teams that can match with kd and Russell remember pretty all of their offense comes from those 3 guys take away one third off that and you have problems

JNoel
10-27-2012, 06:07 PM
they're tryna get better not take steps backward.

They would be taking a step forward, Rondo has much less of a contract and is better than Westbrook, Perkins is dead weight at this point, they can go with a small starting lineup of:

Rondo
Sefelosha
Durant
PJIII
Ibaka

6th man: Harden

CB29
10-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Trade demar derozan for James Harden please.

Mr_Amaziing
10-27-2012, 06:09 PM
I still think they'll sign him before the 31st

Mr_Amaziing
10-27-2012, 06:10 PM
They would be taking a step forward, Rondo has much less of a contract and is better than Westbrook, Perkins is dead weight at this point, they can go with a small starting lineup of:

Rondo
Sefelosha
Durant
PJIII
Ibaka

6th man: Harden

No!
That's a stupid trade.. I'll pass

Ohhh and Westbrook is better than Rondo

RealLiveBear
10-27-2012, 06:11 PM
He's getting signed before the 31st.

abe_froman
10-27-2012, 06:14 PM
The thing that made okc dangerous was that harden could off the bench and dominate any other teams second unit. without him there are many teams that can match with kd and Russell remember pretty all of their offense comes from those 3 guys take away one third off that and you have problems

no,there really isnt.your talking about two of the league's top 10 scorers last year,sure having harden as their 3rd in their big 3 made them even more dangerous but harden didnt account for a third of offense production like your claimng.they can def stay among the elite without him because the elite scores who handle the majorty of it are still there

Jarvo
10-27-2012, 06:15 PM

After that god awful display in The Finals I'll say trade him and Perks for someone else as long as they have KD & Westbrook they're good.

Jarvo
10-27-2012, 06:17 PM
No!

:laugh: Westbrook better than who!?!? Scoring wise yes, But Rondo make game changing plays. Westbrook is good but I'll take Rondo over him 10 out of 10 times.

ACanadian
10-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Trade demar derozan for James Harden please.

I wouldn't mind thee one N only "fear the beard" on the Raptors,
DeRozan + Calderon + fillers for Harden and fillers

JNoel
10-27-2012, 06:21 PM
No!

Westbrook may be the better scorer but in reality, he's a shooting guard. Rondo is a much better all-around PG.

Kashmir13579
10-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Just freaking sign him..

Davidgta1
10-27-2012, 06:32 PM
:laugh: Westbrook better than who!?!? Scoring wise yes, But Rondo make game changing plays. Westbrook is good but I'll take Rondo over him 10 out of 10 times.

I would too

Bulls_fan90
10-27-2012, 06:35 PM

That would be a horrible trade for OKC. :puke:

TyrionLannister
10-27-2012, 06:37 PM
They WILL pay him the max. Too much is on the line for them not to.

Why should Harden care if OKC loses money paying him more? They've cashed in on him being on a rookie contract for years now.

Vinylman
10-27-2012, 06:38 PM

huh?

I doubt it... time is on their side... worse case scenario is that they match an offer sheet when he becomes a RFA... the most he gets that way is as follows:

year 1 $13,668,750
year 2 $14,283,844
year 3 $14,898,938
year 4 $15,514,032

Total of all 4 years is $58,365,564

If he stays in OKC he gets an additional year and his increases each year go from $615,094 per year to $1,025,156

Now... there is one wrinkle... if he signs as an RFA (after 7/1/13) it is HIGHLY LIKELY that the max starting salary will go down as it was artificially increased this year and not tied to the Salary Cap like it is every other year... it was simply increased 5.8% versus last years max... however, if the salary cap remains unchanged in 2013/2014 then the max contract for Harden will go start back at $12,922,194 or a total of $55.2 over 4 years with annual max increases of $581,498

So what we are talking about here is OKC is in no rush if they already offered $52 million over 4 years... Harden is the one who is being stubborn and risking an injury that can impact his future earnings...

Not surprised though... his agent is a notorious dick

Bruno
10-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah he was traded for Jeff Green then they offered him a contract that same week.

Actually OKC did sign him to a 5 year 50 million dollar deal before he played a game for them I think.

you guys are right. thanks.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6170182

topdog
10-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Push out negotiations as long as you can, but sign him to a max if he won't take less by the 31st. That way, you're in the driver's seat and make what decisions you need to later as far as trades/amnesty and you don't lose out on value.

Hawkeye15
10-27-2012, 06:47 PM
a small market with limitations on income need to take advantage of championship windows. By letting Harden go, they would virtually eliminate themselves from winning a chip imho. Durant and Westbrook are awesome, and Ibaka is a valuable player, but even with those three only, they would be limited on what they could get in free agency, and lets be honest, after their big 4, they are pretty meh.

Hawkeye15
10-27-2012, 06:48 PM
huh?

I doubt it... time is on their side... worse case scenario is that they match an offer sheet when he becomes a RFA... the most he gets that way is as follows:

year 1 $13,668,750
year 2 $14,283,844
year 3 $14,898,938
year 4 $15,514,032

If he stays in OKC he gets an additional year and his increases each year go from $615,094 per year to $1,025,156

Now... there is one wrinkle... if he signs as an RFA (after 7/1/13) it is HIGHLY LIKELY that the max starting salary will go down as it was artificially increased this year and not tied to the Salary Cap like it is every other year... it was simply increased 5.8% versus last years max... however, if the salary cap remains unchanged in 2013/2014 then the max contract for Harden will go start back at $12,922,194 or a total of $55.2 over 4 years with annual max increases of $581,498

So what we are talking about here is OKC is in no rush if they already offered $52 million over 4 years... Harden is the one who is being stubborn and risking an injury that can impact his future earnings...

Yep. And this could be exactly what they are planning on doing if they can't get Harden to bite on a small sacrifice type deal.

shep33
10-27-2012, 07:13 PM
huh?

year 1 $13,668,750
year 2 $14,283,844
year 3 $14,898,938
year 4 $15,514,032

Hmm interesting, thanks for the insight Vinyl. Wasn't aware of the $55.2 mill if he signs in July. You'd think his agent would realize this though, and perhaps accept the $55.2 now. All this for a what $3.2 mill seems kind of ridiculous. I kind of get it from OKC's standpoint who will be paying the super tax in the future, but for Harden, your right... why risk it?

Guppyfighter
10-27-2012, 07:18 PM

Warriors cap won't allow that. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Klay Thompson is on the Warriors.

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 07:19 PM
That would be a horrible trade for OKC. :puke:

Yeah avoiding the luxury tax and getting the best center in the league would be horrible. :laugh:

TheIlladelph16
10-27-2012, 07:44 PM
He is obviously worth more on the open market than that deal, so I don't disagree with his decision. I'm mostly hoping he wants to test FA so the Sixers can make a run at him in the offseason. If Bynum reups and they can swing some salary space to bring in Harden, they could be a scary good team in the coming years.

Lakers4life08
10-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Dude shot is very poor against Lakers and miami in playoffs he was shooting like 35% at best,he plays with 2 top 10 nba talents(durant,wesbrook) and has a lot of space to drive and score or get fouled,its all his game,Harden is good player,but Durant and Wesbrook makes him look better that he is

Bulls_fan90
10-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah avoiding the luxury tax and getting the best center in the league would be horrible. :laugh:

Absolutely it would. If you are naive enough to think Dwight Howard would be content in Oklahoma I really do question your judgement.

Westbrook + Harden are definitely not worth a one year rental of Dwight. Also Harden + Westbrook are more valuable to a team than Dwight.

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Absolutely it would. If you are naive enough to think Dwight Howard would be content in Oklahoma I really do question your judgement.

Westbrook + Harden are definitely not worth a one year rental of Dwight. Also Harden + Westbrook are more valuable to a team than Dwight.

It was Westbrook and Ibaka. Have you really lost track of the trade you copied after 2 posts?

I think it's more naive to think Dwight Howard would want to leave a situation where he is playing with the 2nd best player in the world (plus another top 30 player in Harden) and would be on a perennial title contender for the rest of his career. Durant is the perfect compliment to Howard's game. Once he got that he'd never want to leave.

Bulls_fan90
10-27-2012, 08:06 PM
It was Westbrook and Ibaka. Have you really lost track of the trade you copied after 2 posts?

I think it's more naive to think Dwight Howard would want to leave a situation where he is playing with the 2nd best player in the world (plus another top 30 player in Harden) and would be on a perennial title contender for the rest of his career. Durant is the perfect compliment to Howard's game. Once he got that he'd never want to leave.

Meant Ibaka, just had Harden on my mind because of the thread.

Little point in arguing with you since neither of us can prove whether Dwight would stay in OKC or not. As for the Thunder, they would be paying a ridiculous amount for Dwight, especially considering Orlando essentially only got Afflalo for him.

The team clearly gets worse by trading a top 5 PG and a future defensive juggernaut in Ibaka for only a guarantee of having Dwight for one season.

bucketss
10-27-2012, 08:07 PM

whats so funny? westbrook is definitely better than rondo

Quinnsanity
10-27-2012, 08:09 PM
OKC really ****ed up. They could have moved Perkins if they had acted more quickly. I'm guessing Milwaukee would have traded for him over Dalembert, Philly might have been interested before trading for Bynum and resigning Hawes, Portland might have been interested before taking Meyers Leonard and even New Orleans might have thought about it before signing Ryan Anderson.

Quinnsanity
10-27-2012, 08:10 PM
And as for this Rondo/Westbrook debate, gimme Rondo. Better passer, rebounder and defender and can score when he needs to. Ironically I think Rondo on the Thunder and Westbrook on the Celtics would be better for both teams, at least when Ray Allen was still a Celtic and hated Rondo.

Hawkeye15
10-27-2012, 08:14 PM
And as for this Rondo/Westbrook debate, gimme Rondo. Better passer, rebounder and defender and can score when he needs to. Ironically I think Rondo on the Thunder and Westbrook on the Celtics would be better for both teams, at least when Ray Allen was still a Celtic and hated Rondo.

Problem is, you are going to need scorers and shooters if Rondo is your guy. And I will take Westbrook's defense with his anyday.

Westbrook is forced to shoot late many times in the clock, because Durant against many defenders is not strong enough to get open on a designed play. I have said it before, if Durant wants to become the games greatest scorer, he needs to get physically stronger.

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Meant Ibaka, just had Harden on my mind because of the thread.

Little point in arguing with you since neither of us can prove whether Dwight would stay in OKC or not. As for the Thunder, they would be paying a ridiculous amount for Dwight, especially considering Orlando essentially only got Afflalo for him.

The team clearly gets worse by trading a top 5 PG and a future defensive juggernaut in Ibaka for only a guarantee of having Dwight for one season.

Yeah I mean the last time two top 10 players got together they won a ring (Wade/LeBron) and are favorites to repeat. The time before that? Kobe and Shaq won 3 rings before they finally imploded. Can you honestly tell me Durant-Howard would have clashed like that duo? No of course not. You get two top 5 players and it's over. That's a title. He's not walking away from that. You can say it's opinion technically you are right. But it's virtually unprecedented in NBA History.

xnick5757
10-27-2012, 08:25 PM
harden deserves the max, hes the 2nd most efficient shooter in the league (tyson chandler being the first)

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 08:26 PM
harden deserves the max, hes the 2nd most efficient shooter in the league (tyson chandler being the first)

Didn't you hear? Harden only is effecient because he's never been guarded by a good defender the entire season. It's either because he's 3rd option or going against bench players. :)

D12 #1Fan
10-27-2012, 08:31 PM
The pay should be judged on his playoff performance

justinnum1
10-27-2012, 08:39 PM

D12 #1fan huh?

John Walls Era
10-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Hes going to get a max.... don't need an economics degree to know what the smart move is (though an economics degree is crap).

Gritz
10-27-2012, 08:54 PM
The way he played in the finals he should be paying the thunder

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 08:59 PM

You mean the finals because his overall playoffs were still very good.

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 09:00 PM
The way he played in the finals he should be paying the thunder

5 games <<<<<<< 80 games and a phenomenal career arc.

DoMeFavors
10-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Most overated players in the game James Harden, Kendrick Perkins, Kyrie Irving, Tyson Chandler, Courtney Lee, Greg Monroe, Jeremy Lin, Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Andrew Bynum, Marc Gasol, Roy Hibbert, Paul George, Taj Gibson, Damien Lillard, Jordan Hill.

justinnum1
10-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Most overated players in the game James Harden, Kendrick Perkins, Kyrie Irving, Tyson Chandler, Courtney Lee, Greg Monroe, Jeremy Lin, Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Andrew Bynum, Marc Gasol, Roy Hibbert, Paul George, Taj Gibson, Damien Lillard, Jordan Hill.

you out up kevin Love but not melo?

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 09:09 PM

I started highlighting the players that I disagreed with in bold and then I realized I had highlighted about 80% of your post. Terrible list. Just terrible.

DoMeFavors
10-27-2012, 09:09 PM
you out up kevin Love but not melo?

He really isnt overated people havent been talking him up the past 2 years.

BIG worm
10-27-2012, 09:14 PM

You left out Joe Johnson,Gerald Wallace and Brook Lopez.

DoMeFavors
10-27-2012, 09:15 PM

They arent overated, nobody overates them. They are hated on thats not overated. I named players that everyone praises that dont deserve that respect.

Dade County
10-27-2012, 09:18 PM

:clap: lol

But Lopez is good though... No one really over rates him but Nets fans.

Hawkeye15
10-27-2012, 09:21 PM

I will give you this, you are hilarious.

Corey
10-27-2012, 09:21 PM
All part of negotiations.

Do you know how much players and management go back and forth on contract discussion?

C'mon. This means nothing.

John Walls Era
10-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Half of DMF's list is correct. Kind of..

seikou8
10-27-2012, 09:28 PM

:facepalm: forgot deron williams

HesterJordan23
10-27-2012, 09:29 PM
harden to heat!

justinnum1
10-27-2012, 09:30 PM
harden to heat!

we can trade joel anthony for him

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-27-2012, 09:30 PM
harden to heat!
#discounted

DoMeFavors
10-27-2012, 09:35 PM
:facepalm: forgot deron williams

He is on my underated list def.

Gritz
10-27-2012, 09:35 PM
5 games <<<<<<< 80 games and a phenomenal career arc.

You must be right since you put 7 less than signs

JNA17
10-27-2012, 09:36 PM
harden to heat!

Discounted! Purple Drank! Pimp! Gangsta!

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 09:44 PM
You must be right since you put 7 less than signs

Jrice FTW. :)

Maybe you're right because you've made absolutely no argument or point?

Dashone0one
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Send him to the pacers for Paul george

kdspurman
10-27-2012, 10:12 PM
He needs to just take that deal smh...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Westbrook may be the better scorer but in reality, he's a shooting guard. Rondo is a much better all-around PG.

Oh sweet Jesus, Weestbrook is not a SG.....AT ALL.

Anyways, if the Thunder were smart they would amnesty Perk at this point. Of course Harden's going to want the max and he'll probably get it or something close to it as well.

looka09
10-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 60s Oklahoma City has traded James Harden to
the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y!
Sports.

Mr. Baller
10-27-2012, 10:46 PM
And now hes gone lol

*Superman*
10-27-2012, 10:53 PM
All part of negotiations.

Do you know how much players and management go back and forth on contract discussion?

C'mon. This means nothing.

;)

ManRam first, now you.

IndyRealist
10-27-2012, 10:54 PM
If OKC is smart, they'll give him the max, amnesty Perkins and do a S&T of Ibaka for good pieces that compliment the big 3 of Harden, Westy and KD.

If OKC is smart, they'll give him the max, amnesty Perkins and do a trade of Westy for good pieces to compliment the big 3 of Harden, Ibaka, and KD.

1) Westbrook has more perceived value than Ibaka, so they'll get more for him. He's considered to be a franchise level player despite, well, not being one. They could easily get a starting center and draft picks for him. Some 3-way trade to land either Anderson Varejao or Al Jefferson would be ideal.

2) If they move Ibaka they'll be extremely thin up front, while Westbrook is fairly redundant with Harden. If they moved Ibaka it would be to get a defensive big man who doesn't need shots. Aka Serge Ibaka.

3) Eric Maynor is good passing, low mistake PG. He could step right into the starting lineup and if they move Harden to the starters there's no pressure for Maynor to score a ton.

4) Harden's extension is cheaper than Westbrook's.

yaswaggin
10-27-2012, 10:56 PM

If OKC is smart, they'll give him the max, amnesty Perkins and do a trade of Westy for good pieces to compliment the big 3 of Harden, Ibaka, and KD.

1) Westbrook has more perceived value than Ibaka, so they'll get more for him. He's considered to be a franchise level player despite, well, not being one. They could easily get a starting center and draft picks for him. Some 3-way trade to land either Anderson Varejao or Al Jefferson would be ideal.

2) If they move Ibaka they'll be extremely thin up front, while Westbrook is fairly redundant with Harden. If they moved Ibaka it would be to get a defensive big man who doesn't need shots. Aka Serge Ibaka.

3) Eric Maynor is good passing, low mistake PG. He could step right into the starting lineup and if they move Harden to the starters there's no pressure for Maynor to score a ton.

4) Harden's extension is cheaper than Westbrook's.

Harden just got traded, your 5 minutes off buddy

IndyRealist
10-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 60s Oklahoma City has traded James Harden to
the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y!
Sports.

Wha?

IndyRealist
10-27-2012, 11:03 PM

Just saw that. Dunno if I like the deal for OKC. Love it for HOU.

b@llhog24
10-27-2012, 11:06 PM

:laugh:

Bruno
10-27-2012, 11:23 PM
OKC Managment:hey james, are you interested in taking our 52 million dollar extension?

James Harden Camp: na son.

OKC Managment: oh really? SEE YA!

true story.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-28-2012, 12:09 AM
They traded him fast but Houston is my favorite team in the West now.

Bulls_fan90
10-28-2012, 01:02 AM
OKC Managment:hey james, are you interested in taking our 52 million dollar extension?

James Harden Camp: na son.

OKC Managment: oh really? SEE YA!

true story.

I can confirm, I am Hardens beard.

mrblisterdundee
10-28-2012, 01:09 AM
That was pretty dumb on his part, dashing his chances at winning a championship because his contract was $4 or $5 million under the max. He's going to be talented but languish in Houston.

203 Uconn LaL
10-28-2012, 08:23 AM
They did the right thing, people are way over rating hardens value. Good job presti

marferrer
10-28-2012, 09:12 AM

They did the Perkins signing because they were ousted by the Lakers in '10. To counter the Twin towers, they needed perks. They will still need perks now that LA possesses D12.

The only thing they did wrong was sign him in that huge chunk of money.

JordansBulls
10-28-2012, 09:22 AM

What is the point of building around 3 wing players? They need some size as well as they will have to deal with Dwight for years.

SteBO
10-28-2012, 10:41 AM
I say kudos to OKC for not giving into Hardens absurd demand.

amos1er
10-28-2012, 10:44 AM
OKC did the right thing...Harden wasn't worth that. That said...Lakers fans rejoice...we are basically guaranteed a trip to the finals!!!

SteBO
10-28-2012, 10:46 AM
OKC did the right thing...Harden wasn't worth that. That said...Lakers fans rejoice...we are basically guaranteed a trip to the finals!!!
I wouldn't say guaranteed, but your journey did indeed ease up a good deal. Harden was a player that gave Kobe fits last year, and to go from that to Kevin Martin is a huge downgrade defensively.

Hawkeye15
10-28-2012, 03:24 PM
well, this is no longer needed