PDA

View Full Version : Ringless Star Players "On The Same Team" in Jordan Era

Dade County
10-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Do These Star Players being on the same team "Take Rings from Jordan"?

Try to just picture just role players playing with these Stars.

Edit**

These players on the same team might interferer with the Houston Rockets two peat too.

I guess the time periods would be from 1991 - 1998

(just an Old article)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1250128-nba-superstar-status-is-determined-by-rings-or-statistics

xxplayerxx23
10-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes.

JasonJohnHorn
10-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Malone and Ewing? I think they would have eaten up the Bulls... the Bulls never had to really face a team that had a great center AND a great power forward.

But I chose Barkley and Miller (assuming that Miller goes to Phoenix). KJ and Miller in the back court? Killer. Or Mitch Richmond. That would have been pretty sweet.

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Imagine the disasterous choke fest of Ewing & Mailman. :rolleyes:

Also.. wtf was that spelling kemp?

Dade County
10-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Malone and Ewing? I think they would have eaten up the Bulls... the Bulls never had to really face a team that had a great center AND a great power forward.

But I chose Barkley and Miller (assuming that Miller goes to Phoenix). KJ and Miller in the back court? Killer. Or Mitch Richmond. That would have been pretty sweet.

I know it's going to be hard, but try to picture average/above average role players.

Kind of like the Bulls first 3 peat, but if you are comparing them to the Bulls 2nd 3peat have fun ( load your team up lol ).

Dade County
10-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Imagine the disasterous choke fest of Ewing & Mailman. :rolleyes:

Also.. wtf was that spelling kemp?

Shawn Kemp ... I was being rushed off the computer :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 07:30 PM
It will bother me for the rest of my life that Ewing's sidekick was John Starks. If only he had King...

Davidgta1
10-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Jordan would find a way he was that type of player.

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Jordan's just lucky he never played against D-Rob or Hakeem in a Finals.

Dade County
10-27-2012, 07:44 PM
It will bother me for the rest of my life that Ewing's sidekick was John Starks. If only he had King...

Who team would it have been?... Malone personality might have been what the Knicks needed to put them over the top pass Mj.

Dade County
10-27-2012, 08:02 PM

You think so...

Stockton has two pick & role/pop players, with Kj creating for himself out on the wing.

Pre injury Timmy ( killer Cross Over ) with Penny and Kemp ( high lights all day ), and Mullin for the out side shots.

Iverson with Dominique making players look just out right silly and Mutombo guarding the lane. ( I mean Iverson with Dominique, would get to the line so many times )

Ewing with Malone :speechless: Mid range jumpers, inside game... All they would need is 3 point shooters.

Reggie & Charles... Man Jordan or Pippen chasing Reggie all over the place, Barkley putting in work like he do.

I'm not sure Jordan would have still been perfect, when it comes to Finals appearances.

I can see any of these teams, pushing the Bulls to a 7th game.

KnicksorBust
10-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Who team would it have been?... Malone personality might have been what the Knicks needed to put them over the top pass Mj.

Malone was the better player but Ewing would have been the alpha dog.

seikou8
10-27-2012, 09:44 PM

this the rings the knicks of won :(

Dade County
10-27-2012, 10:08 PM
I think 3 out of 5 of those teams Win a ring from the time periods of 1991 - 1998...

Remember, the Rockets won 2 rings between that time... I feel they would of only had 1 ring.

I feel that Reggie Miller & Charles Barkley would have made it to the finals twice, and they would have won once.

Patrick Ewing & Karl Malone would have beaten Jordan bulls at least once in a playoff series, and I feel they would have beaten the Rockets in the finals.

xILLN355
10-27-2012, 10:25 PM
jordan would of willed his team to win somehow

mrblisterdundee
10-28-2012, 12:41 AM
I think the team with John Stockton wins. As the best point guard in NBA history, he orchestrates the offense beautifully, and he can score from outside.
Chris Webber would produce just as much as Karl Malone did with Stockton. Webber took the three-peat Lakers to the limit without another player of his caliber on his team.
Larry Johnson's nothing to balk at either.

Dade County
10-28-2012, 01:18 AM
I think the team with John Stockton wins. As the best point guard in NBA history, he orchestrates the offense beautifully, and he can score from outside.
Chris Webber would produce just as much as Karl Malone did with Stockton. Webber took the three-peat Lakers to the limit without another player of his caliber on his team.
Larry Johnson's nothing to balk at either.

What about Kj:confused:

Stockton has never played with anyone like him before... He an create his own shot, very crafty and a will to be better then the man in front of him.

And some posters that are to young to remember some of these players, try to look at their career numbers and some youtube high lights.

mrblisterdundee
10-28-2012, 01:35 AM
What about Kj:confused:

Stockton has never played with anyone like him before... He an create his own shot, very crafty and a will to be better then the man in front of him.

And some posters that are to young to remember some of these players, try to look at their career numbers and some youtube high lights.

I forgot Kevin Johnson was on the team. He's better than Larry Johnson, but why would you have two point guards on the same team like that? Michael Jordan would kill a back court of Johnson and Stockton.

Dade County
10-28-2012, 01:45 AM
I forgot Kevin Johnson was on the team. He's better than Larry Johnson, but why would you have two point guards on the same team like that? Michael Jordan would kill a back court of Johnson and Stockton.

Well, it was to be different & I figured that Kj would play sg;) ( Gives this team lots of options on the offensive side of the ball )...

And this time line is spanning from 1991-1998... This team might not ever see Jordan in a Finals; it could have been one of the years that Jordan took a brake or this team might face the Knicks with Ewing and Malone.

N3TS
10-28-2012, 05:50 AM
jordan would of willed his team to win somehow

+1

Dade County
02-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Forget about my team order.... Do you guys still feel the same way; Would Jordan still have 6 rings if players back then created their own super teams?

bucketss
02-23-2013, 01:03 AM

please pass me what ever you're smoking.

WHODAT8o8
02-23-2013, 01:21 AM
If Malone didnt choke hard, him, Stockton, and Sloan all woulda had rings

b@llhog24
02-23-2013, 01:25 AM
Jordan's just lucky he never played against D-Rob or Hakeem in a Finals.

+1