PDA

View Full Version : The Next Generation of NBA Analysts

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Which Current Players in the NBA would fit the persona (semi-knowledgeable, funny, knucklehead, could get away with saying outrageous things, a little sophisticated) of being part of the next set of NBA Analaysts (NBATV, Inside the NBA, NBA on ESPN/ABC).

Currently:

Charles Barkley
Reggie Miller
Steve Smith
Steve Kerr
Kenny 'The Jet' Smith
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Legler
Greg Anthony
Chris Webber
Brent Barry
Dennis Scott
Jalen Rose

My picks:

Steve Nash
Derek Fisher
Kevin Garnett
Jason Terry
Chris Bosh
Metta World Peace
Blake Griffin
Chuck Hayes
Ray Allen
Al Horford

(just off the top of my head)

Corey
10-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Brian Scalabrine.

Seriously.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
I could definitely see Ray doing it. KG has already said he wants nothing to do with basketball once he retires.

I could see Scal working for ESPN in a couple of years if they're ratings are still a lot behind the TNT crew. He's been alright so far for Celtics games but I expect him to get better.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I could definitely see Ray doing it. KG has already said he wants nothing to do with basketball once he retires. I could see Scal working for ESPN in a couple of years if they're ratings are still a lot behind the TNT crew.

Ahh seriously. :(

I think a duo of KG and CWebb on NBATV would be funny as hell.

theheatles
10-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Of those mentioned I only think Ray and Fisher would be any good and maybe Terry.
my list consists of...
Chris Paul
Jeremy Lin
LeBron
Landry Fields
Joakim Noah
Kevin Love
Grant Hill

JasonJohnHorn
10-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I expect the guys doing it now to be doing it for a while, though some of them might be interested in coaching. It's not like playing where you only have a certain shelf life. These guys will go on for 25 years as commentators.

As for guys currently playing, I'd have to go with guys that have personality and might need the money. I see MWP doing it. He's a colourful characters. Fisher I expect to be coaching. Jason Terry maybe. I'd be interested to hear Nash talk, see what he has to say about other players.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Of those mentioned I only think Ray and Fisher would be any good and maybe Terry.
my list consists of...
Chris Paul
Jeremy Lin
LeBron
Landry Fields
Joakim Noah
Kevin Love
Grant Hill

I doubt Bron would do it as he would be scared to do it if he was scrutinized for whatever he'd say.

I could totally see Grant Hill do it in a yr or two.

RLundi
10-27-2012, 02:07 PM
If Garnett becomes an analyst, I'll boycott.

LA 4 Life
10-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Kobe would be perfect he would say whatever that's on his mind,he's a real straight forward guy.To bad Kobe would never be a analyst though.

Bravo95
10-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Stephen Jackson and Rasheed Wallace, plz.

mgsports
10-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Gary Payton or Jeff Turner? Because out of a job at the moment
Stan Van Gundy?
Glenn Davis?
Kevin Durant?
Deron Williams?

CavsYanksDuke
10-27-2012, 02:14 PM
If Garnett becomes an analyst, I'll boycott.

KG would make Barkley look like a conservative genius.

theheatles
10-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Gary Payton or Jeff Turner? Because out of a job at the moment
Stan Van Gundy?
Glenn Davis?
Kevin Durant?
Deron Williams?

Stan Van would have been great but now he has to wait until February 2 2014

mrblisterdundee
10-27-2012, 02:34 PM
I think to set a good example, you shouldn't be allowed to be an announcer for the NBA unless you've graduated from college. There are far too many players who sound like complete morons with a microphone in front of them. I would mind seeing guys like Shane Battier and Tim Duncan impart their wisdom.
Of course, I think students should have to earn at least a two-year technical degree or a bachelor's to even play professionally.

Chronz
10-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Austin Rivers will be on this list at some point. JET was a good choice

el hidalgo
10-27-2012, 02:58 PM
I'd say Kobe, but he'd have to learn to pass the mic. Lets hope he doesn't have air time as much as he has the ball.

Mr_Jones
10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Kobe would be perfect he would say whatever that's on his mind,he's a real straight forward guy.To bad Kobe would never be a analyst though.

Kobe hates the media. He wouldn't want to be part of it. TEAM JACOB.

sep11ie
10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
KG can barely form a sentence. How is he "off the top of your head"? I hope you're talking about Bosh for radio also...

DR_1
10-27-2012, 03:32 PM

Can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with you, Kobe would make an awesome analyst just cause, like Chuck, he's not afraid to speak his mind :laugh2:

RenegadeRiot36
10-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Kyrie would be damn good at it at the end of his career

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-27-2012, 03:37 PM
I'd say Kobe, but he'd have to learn to pass the mic. Lets hope he doesn't have air time as much as he has the ball.

llullz you mad brah?

It's sad that you have to spend your entire life hating on a dude to the degree that you have to have his face in your avatar and your location being in his basement.

:laugh2:

TheSource
10-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Imagine the next Open Court crew with:

LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Dwight, Wade, etc!

And the Steve Kerr of this crew would be Nash.