PDA

View Full Version : Hanley Ramirez

OaktownRaider92
10-27-2012, 01:35 AM
What to do with this talented bat?
Logic says 3rd would be our best bet if Dee can prove hes ready this offseason.
But we all know Hanley is unpredictable when it comes to his attitude.
Would he be happy to go back to 3rd AGAIN?

LASportsFan1996
10-27-2012, 01:42 AM
He needs to move back to 3B, he's God awful at SS, hopefully Dee can earn the SS job in Spring Training

OaktownRaider92
10-27-2012, 05:53 PM
He needs to move back to 3B, he's God awful at SS, hopefully Dee can earn the SS job in Spring Training

i completely agree but would he be happy moving back there?

bluedawgalex
10-27-2012, 06:46 PM
hanley had a bad reputation in miami, we love him here but he has to play 3rd he played very well at 3rd and was god awful at ss

i love hanley but this is a TEAM game, its not just about him. the best thing for this team is for him to play 3rd. either gordon or cruz gotta play SS

when he was traded here the agreement was that he would play anywhere we needed him. our hole is at 3rd not SS

OaktownRaider92
10-28-2012, 01:04 AM
hanley had a bad reputation in miami, we love him here but he has to play 3rd he played very well at 3rd and was god awful at ss

i love hanley but this is a TEAM game, its not just about him. the best thing for this team is for him to play 3rd. either gordon or cruz gotta play SS

when he was traded here the agreement was that he would play anywhere we needed him. our hole is at 3rd not SS

i agree hopefully the dodgers do too

bluedawgalex
10-28-2012, 02:24 AM
:cheers:

to this day i have ****in idea why cruz and hanley were swapped -___-

fulltiltdodger
10-28-2012, 04:25 PM

As much as I would love to blame Mattingly, I think that was because of Han Ram request of wanting to play short stop again, but ultimately it's Mattingly fault to not move him back to third when he realizes that Ramirez is terrible at short stop..

Scully in 2012
10-28-2012, 04:46 PM
I was blasted for stating that when we first got Hanley. He made it clear in FL. - he is a SS. He was very upset at the Marlins for their lack of respect to him after years of stellar play. Signing Reyes and forcing Hanley to move without consulting him was a bad move, as with many they have made recently.

Now we have Hanley and e has asked to play his position which is SS. Can he play 3B? Yes. He can also at 2B too. Doesn't mean we just stick him there because that's what we want. The whole "this is a team" and "he needs to play where he is told" crap is ridiculous.

Was his defense questionable last year? Yes. He need time time to adjust back to his position (SS). Was he worse defensively than Dee? NOPE.

For now, Hanley is our SS, Cruuuuuz is our 3B and Dee is a minor leaguer who will have the opportunity to earn a spot. Until the day he does that or gets traded, that's his role on our team.

Players are like wives....when they are happy, they perform better.

Az_Dodgers_Fan
10-28-2012, 05:32 PM
The difference between here and Miami is that it is Matt Kemp's team and he's not gonna put up with Hanley's crap. Besides Hanley's gonna be playing for a contract this year. Expect big things out of him.

LASportsFan1996
10-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Hanley is under contract for 2 more years

YouCan'tBeatLA
10-28-2012, 10:50 PM

Me, too. We probably would have one a couple of games more if Cruz was at SS.

Scully in 2012
10-29-2012, 12:07 AM
The difference between here and Miami is that it is Matt Kemp's team and he's not gonna put up with Hanley's crap. Besides Hanley's gonna be playing for a contract this year. Expect big things out of him.

This entire post is laughable.

" the difference between here and Miami is this is Matt Kemps team and he's not going to put up with Hanley's crap"

What's kemp going to do tell him to meet at the park after school?

Really? If the Dodgers signed Josh Hamilton to play CF this winter and told Kemp it was better for the team if he played 2B, Kemp would have a fit!!! Take the biggest star on a team and force them to move without consulting them and they will feel disrespected. Kemp signed to be the CFer... Hanley signed to be the SS of the Marlins.

Just in case you don't get that one - if you are hired by a law firm to be a trial lawyer and you perform exceptionally well and the firm tells you that you are changing positions - you're now a paralegal... You would be pissed, insulted and feel disrespected. Even if it was for the " good of the firm".

The whole argument that places Blame on Hanley is ridiculous.NONE of the recent decisions Miami made have
Worked.

Hanley will play hard because he is Hanley. An all star caliber player.

bluedawgalex
10-29-2012, 12:48 AM
i hear what ur saying ^

BUT

hanley is AWFUL at SS. his offense is fine no one has an issue with that, but im sure you noticed that he was a much better fit at 3rd not SS

he came here and its no longer HIS team. before the trade he was TOLD he would primarily play third, if he had an issue with it THAT would have been the time to say it. what happened in Miami has nothing to do with LA.

the best thing for the TEAM is for him to play 3rd because we have other people that can play SS.

from what i saw he played third MUCH better than he played SS

thats just my opinion though, everyone is entitled to have their own

Scully in 2012
10-30-2012, 12:52 AM
i hear what ur saying ^

BUT

hanley is AWFUL at SS. his offense is fine no one has an issue with that, but im sure you noticed that he was a much better fit at 3rd not SS

he came here and its no longer HIS team. before the trade he was TOLD he would primarily play third, if he had an issue with it THAT would have been the time to say it. what happened in Miami has nothing to do with LA.

the best thing for the TEAM is for him to play 3rd because we have other people that can play SS.

from what i saw he played third MUCH better than he played SS

thats just my opinion though, everyone is entitled to have their own

I am not sure where you get your info from but it is clearly not a reputable source.

"before the trade he was TOLD he would primarily play third, if he had an issue with it THAT would have been the time to say it."

False. He was NOT told anything of the sort. He sated that he would play wherever he was needed but preferred SS. Mattingly made this clear on several occasions. Hanley was moved to SS because that is where he prefers to play. Mattingly also stated that he expected him to make more errors at SS due to lack of recent play at that position. However, with time to re-familiarize himself, he would be solid.

"he came here and its no longer HIS team."

One again, a totally irrelevant comment. The "his" team theory you keep applying is ridiculous...let it go. Its the DODGERS not the KEMPS.

"the best thing for the TEAM is for him to play 3rd because we have other people that can play SS."

Once again, FALSE.

Our other option that you mention was so appealing he was sent to AAA. Until Dee proves he can play at the big league level he is NOT an option. I am sure this is what you were referring to. Aside from SB, Dee sucks, period. He has a loooong way to go.

Cruuuuuuuz did an outstanding job at 3B last year. no sense in moving him.

I agree, all of us are entitled to our own opinion...mine is right.:silly:

I would actually like to see a whopper trade for a David Wright type :pray:and have Cruuuuz be an extra IF.

bluedawgalex
10-30-2012, 01:03 AM
lol were all entitled to our opinion but yours is right? :facepalm:

and i read that in numerous articles i didnt come up with it.

i know its not the kemps but the thing is you're making it seem like we have to accomodate hanley, if i go by your standards this is also not the hanleys its the dodgers

why would we play him there when he is not even the best fielder at that position? (SS)

just to keep him happy? please

you're getting paid millions of dollars its a job, not everyone will be happy but u still have to do it.

LASportsFan1996
10-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Hanley needs to play 3B bottom line, if he wants to be a baby, hit the road my dude

bluedawgalex
10-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Hanley needs to play 3B bottom line, if he wants to be a baby, hit the road my dude

couldnt have said it better myself :clap:

u my friend are ****in smart and deserve to be a mod.

Scully in 2012
10-30-2012, 01:20 AM
lol were all entitled to our opinion but yours is right? :facepalm:

and i read that in numerous articles i didnt come up with it.

i know its not the kemps but the thing is you're making it seem like we have to accomodate hanley, if i go by your standards this is also not the hanleys its the dodgers

why would we play him there when he is not even the best fielder at that position? (SS)

just to keep him happy? please

you're getting paid millions of dollars its a job, not everyone will be happy but u still have to do it.

What:confused: I though that was funny...:eyebrow:

My issue with moving Hanley is mainly that Cruuuuuz is a better fielder than Hanley at 3B (or SS really) and I will take the better glove on the corner and keep Hanley happy, hoping he improves, until we have a better option. Dee is NOT an option. and the whole platooning Dee and Cruuuuuz idea is not a better option either.

I'm not catering to Hanley but I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to move Cruuuuz either - the guy made some amazing plays last year and I don't want to make a guy less than completely happy if we don't have too.

As a team, on paper we are almost unbeatable. We now have many STAR caliber players that if happy, will make us win. We did not win because they could not play together like they should.

LASportsFan1996
10-30-2012, 01:22 AM
Why is Dee not an option

Scully in 2012
10-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Why is Dee not an option

Dee is not an option because he cant hit or field his position.

Until he improves and shows he can perform at this level, he is not an option. I, just like most others, hope he improves with hitting and fielding. Until he does, he cannot be considered an option.

LASportsFan1996
10-30-2012, 01:28 AM
He hit fine 2 years ago and how is he gonna prove he can play at the level, when he doesn't play

Scully in 2012
10-30-2012, 01:32 AM
He hit fine 2 years ago and how is he gonna prove he can play at the level, when he doesn't play

2 years ago there were many players that hit well....now they are not.

I think Dee was bumped up prematurely and needs AAA time to hone his skills. 1/2 - 1 more season would certainly help him. Far less pressure and better learning environment - call him up when he is ready to be an everyday contributor.

At this point he in not better than Hanley or Cruuuuz. The better players play.

now settle down and go practice your acceptance speech.

LASportsFan1996
10-30-2012, 01:38 AM
Cruz has 2 good months, just like Dee did 2 years ago and he gets a job, wow, Dee is already 24 years old, time is now

Scully in 2012
10-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Cruz has 2 good months, just like Dee did 2 years ago and he gets a job, wow, Dee is already 24 years old, time is now

"2 Years ago"...

I agree, Dee should be ready as this is a good time for him, age wise. But if he does not perform....I would LOVE to see him play to his potential.

It is Cruz's job to lose at this point because Cruuuuuz played very well and it was this year...not 2 years ago.

Again, go practice your acceptance speech...

" Good evening family, friends, fellow fans and LoneyLuvrs...I accept your nomination".....

The 6-4-3
10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
I say we dupe the Mets trade him our SS for David Wright.

ciaban
10-30-2012, 04:00 PM
i am fine with hanley a 3rd for next year, but i think 2nd base is a more natural position, i have said this before platoon cruz and dee at SS until one of them wins the job or looses it.

homerfan102
11-03-2012, 09:39 PM
At the end of the season, Gordon was not a major league shortstop. He couldn't hit, couldn't make the throw to first and is looking like he is injury prone. Until Gordon can stay healthy, figure out how to get on base and make the throw to first he will be at AAA.

I don't think our everyday third baseman is on the team right now, I think Colletti is trying to trade for a third baseman or maybe sign Youklis.

Make no mistake Hanley will be the SS for the next 2 years. Hanley thinks he's a SS and the Dodgers want him happy. He's not killing us at short, so until Gordon can prove he's a better SS than Hanley, Hanley will be the SS.

GibbyIsMyHero
11-03-2012, 09:54 PM
At the end of the season, Gordon was not a major league shortstop. He couldn't hit, couldn't make the throw to first and is looking like he is injury prone. Until Gordon can stay healthy, figure out how to get on base and make the throw to first he will be at AAA.

I don't think our everyday third baseman is on the team right now, I think Colletti is trying to trade for a third baseman or maybe sign Youklis.

Make no mistake Hanley will be the SS for the next 2 years. Hanley thinks he's a SS and the Dodgers want him happy. He's not killing us at short, so until Gordon can prove he's a better SS than Hanley, Hanley will be the SS.

^ yup.

And welcome back

LASportsFan1996
11-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Is Cruz fails next year, Dee will be back as a starter

homerfan102
11-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't think Cruz will be a starter, he will be a super sub, I think our third baeman is on another teams roster right now. Not sure who the target is but I think Colletti is working on a trade for a third baseman.

Thanks Gibby I've been around just not posting.

I am looking forward to this off season it should be interesting to say the least.

LASportsFan1996
11-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Cruz will be the starter, I'm almost 100%, or if nothing else Dee will start at SS and Hanley at 3B, our 3B is on the team now

fulltiltdodger
11-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Cruz will be the starter, I'm almost 100%, or if nothing else Dee will start at SS and Hanley at 3B, our 3B is on the team now

maybe it won't be a sure thing anymore with Mark Mcguire becoming our hitting coach.