NBA Opening Night

Celtics @ Heat

Heat raising 2012 championship banner

Ray Allen taking on his former team

Defending Champs historically lose opening night

Who you got?

CubsBullsBucs
10-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Im taking Miami in this one, Ray will keep the big 3 focused to beat his old team opening night

Dade County
10-27-2012, 02:46 AM
the game is going to come down to, turnovers and reb

JNoel
10-27-2012, 02:53 AM
I'm a Heat fan and I think they get blown out.:drunk:

meloman1592
10-27-2012, 03:33 AM
i hate both these teams but i'm pumped for this game. Glad basketball is back....i got miami by 7

SteBO
10-27-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm not too sure. All I know is that it's either going to be blowout in Boston's favor, or a close Heat win.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Lets go heat!

Slug3
10-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Last time Miami raised the banner the Bulls came in and won by 30. Lol

theheatles
10-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I have a sickening feeling that LeBron is going to miss a game-winner to kick off the season

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Celtics by 7

DoMeFavors
10-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Opening night games are usually blow outs, Boston will lose by 15+

Corey
10-27-2012, 01:55 PM
the game is going to come down to, turnovers and rebWell duh.

"The game will come down to who can score more points"

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Well duh.

#douglasssytem

But seriously, Heat win this as the game is in Miami and the Celtics are still figuring out the best effective way to incorporate whoever they have at that 2 position (JET or Lee). I don't think the Celtics would be too worried if they lost this regular season game.

LA 4 Life
10-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I see Boston winning this game,they will be more hungry and Lebron will be emotional on opening night getting his ring.I think that will effect his game on the court.Wade knee still isn't 100% either.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Well duh.

John Madden analysis FTW!

Anyways, I'd be extremely happy if the Celtics pull this out.

JordansBulls
10-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Means a hell of a lot more for Boston that is for sure.

JordansBulls
10-28-2012, 06:49 PM
the heat is unlikely to lose with the ring presentation and championshop banner rising and home court advantage, which gives them a lot of confidence and mentality support.

if the heat lose, that would be a shame to see.

A lot of teams the game they get there rings get blown out because they are prepared for the ring ceremony not the game.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-28-2012, 06:55 PM
the heat is unlikely to lose with the ring presentation and championshop banner rising and home court advantage, which gives them a lot of confidence and mentality support.

if the heat lose, that would be a shame to see.

First of all, many teams lose or either get blowout at home while getting their rings. See 2002 Lakers against the Spurs and 2011 Mavs against the Heat.

Secondly, 1st post as "reborn" can only mean........#DUPESYSTEM

Jahari Kavi
10-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Heat win and win fairly easily....Boston has some new pieces that they need to fit together....James will not allow his team to sleep walk in the opener.......

ZHawk1123
10-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Celtics win by 12... Jeff Green and Jason Terry are the x-factor in the win

D-Leethal
10-29-2012, 09:15 AM
I think C's take this. IIRC, the Heat have come out the gates pretty slow each of the last 2 seasons (I believe they lost game 1 each time?). Correct me if I am wrong, too lazy to look it up.

Regardless, I expect a defensive gritty battle and plan on betting the under.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I think C's take this. IIRC, the Heat have come out the gates pretty slow each of the last 2 seasons (I believe they lost game 1 each time?). Correct me if I am wrong, too lazy to look it up.

Regardless, I expect a defensive gritty battle and plan on betting the under.

.... they blew out the mavs just last season lol how do u not know this?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-29-2012, 10:05 AM
i see celtics winning, not in blow out fashion tho.. than media will continue ray allen debate until next celtics matchup where miami will win.

ChicagoJ
10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
I think the heat will be more solidified as a team than the celtics to start the season. Heat by 6.

king4day
10-29-2012, 11:05 AM
I want Boston but picked Miami. Celtics have more new pieces they need to fit in so I could see lapses during the game that may be due to chemistry issues.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 11:26 AM
i don't see alot of boston fans responding to this thread...they know whats coming

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Celtics win by 12... Jeff Green and Jason Terry are the x-factor in the win

jeff green doesn't stand a chance with his counterpart lebron james...and terry has no defense...

AllAbout18
10-29-2012, 11:30 AM
as a celtics fan, obviously i want the celtics to win. but my biggest priority right now is making sure that i have power to watch the game, hoping hurricane sandy doesn't stop me from watching the game.

Hustlenomics
10-29-2012, 12:13 PM
the Heat better pray Rondo calls out

Corey
10-29-2012, 12:17 PM
jeff green doesn't stand a chance with his counterpart lebron james...and terry has no defense...

Green and Terry are both coming off the bench.

What?

Anyways, I expect Green and Terry to both be double digit scorers this year. We know what we're getting out of the starters, and we know what to expect from guys like Lee, Terry, Green, Darko, Wilcox...

The real X-Factor is Sullinger.

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 12:28 PM
the Heat better pray Rondo calls out

yep these are the only games rondo does well in Primetime ones.

torocan
10-29-2012, 12:32 PM
I think the Celtics sneak a win here.

This will mean more to the Celtics than the Heat, and they have the Ray Allen chip on their shoulders right now.

I expect the Heat to play well, but for them it's just the season opener. They'll get their rings, have their moment, then probably come out to play a regular game.

The Heat will treat this like a sparring match. The C's will treat this like a championship fight.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Green and Terry are both coming off the bench.

What?

Anyways, I expect Green and Terry to both be double digit scorers this year. We know what we're getting out of the starters, and we know what to expect from guys like Lee, Terry, Green, Darko, Wilcox...

The real X-Factor is Sullinger.

we are not talking about the season.....were talking about tomorrows game....btw...you have wade,james,bosh,allen,lewis...then you got miller, haslem, harrelson, battier...remember...defense wins games...oh....i forgot chalmers and cole...nuff said

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 12:43 PM
I think the Celtics sneak a win here.

This will mean more to the Celtics than the Heat, and they have the Ray Allen chip on their shoulders right now.

I expect the Heat to play well, but for them it's just the season opener. They'll get their rings, have their moment, then probably come out to play a regular game.

The Heat will treat this like a sparring match. The C's will treat this like a championship fight.

this is just a reminder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-VzBeOrdAg&feature=related

tcav701
10-29-2012, 12:44 PM
There is so many unknown factors that make this difficult to predict, mostly, the officials.

Are they going to sit back and let the players play after all of the criticism they got in last years playoffs? Are the aggressively going to set an early season tone to include flopping?

What abut Ray Allen? Is he going to pick his spots and a compliment to the big 3 or is he going to chuck them up?

My best guess is Miami wins....I would say differently if Avery Bradley was in the lineup. Without him, I cant see the Celtics keeping up with a lineup that could have Battier and Ray Allen along with the big 3 down the stretch.

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 12:45 PM
we are not talking about the season.....were talking about tomorrows game....btw...you have wade,james,bosh,allen,lewis...then you got miller, haslem, harrelson, battier...remember...defense wins games...oh....i forgot chalmers and cole...nuff said

Wait what? LOL Nuff said? The celtics have the better bench and if Pierce is healthy they have a great matchup against Miami.

Corey
10-29-2012, 12:45 PM

Thank you....I had no idea that you were talking about tomorrow's game when we're in a thread about tomorrow's game. :rolleyes:

Also, thank you for listing what players were on the Heat's roster...I had no idea!

:facepalm:

Green_Monster
10-29-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm a Heat fan and I think they get blown out.:drunk:

I'm not too sure. All I know is that it's either going to be blowout in Boston's favor, or a close Heat win.

Any certain reasons you guys think Boston will blow out the Heat? I would love that, but I'm honestly wondering what/who you think will be a big game changer?

tcav701
10-29-2012, 12:48 PM

Damn....all you had to do was mention Harrelson and Norris Cole.

The Celtics should forfeit.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Wait what? LOL Nuff said? The celtics have the better bench and if Pierce is healthy they have a great matchup against Miami.

hahaha....a 35 year old pierce...then why did ainge sign a bunch of players...pierce is not at his prime anymore.....they signed lee, terry, green, barbosa....and rondo doesn't have a backup pg.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Damn....all you had to do was mention Harrelson and Norris Cole.

The Celtics should forfeit.

lol....the funny part is that lewis is not a starter.....

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 12:54 PM
hahaha....a 35 year old pierce...then why did ainge sign a bunch of players...pierce is not at his prime anymore.....they signed lee, terry, green, barbosa....and rondo doesn't have a backup pg.

:eyebrow: You act as if Pierce isn't a player anymore. There bench is very good esp if sullinger becomes anything. Terry has played backup point plenty of times in his dallas days. Celtics are a very good team and matchup well with the Heat.

mjm07
10-29-2012, 12:54 PM
HEAT pull it out on a tip-in by The Warden. Downtown Miami goes crazy in their Halloween costumes.

tcav701
10-29-2012, 12:55 PM
lol....the funny part is that lewis is not a starter.....

Of course I know that....not sure how that is relevant.

Do you honestly think you are providing any valuable information or for that matter a relevant thought to the people of this thread?

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 12:55 PM
:eyebrow: You act as if Pierce isn't a player anymore. There bench is very good esp if sullinger becomes anything. Terry has played backup point plenty of times in his dallas days. Celtics are a very good team and matchup well with the Heat.

let me ask you a question....why did allen refuse to sign with the celtics?...if u can't answer that question...i'll answer it for you

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Of course I know that....not sure how that is relevant.

Do you honestly think you are providing any valuable information or for that matter a relevant thought to the people of this thread?

Im just reminding them...thats all.....allen is going to take this personally....esp. facing rondo

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Outside of LeBron and Wade, the Celtics match ups are just as good if not better in some areas. Also, the Celtics do have a top 3 defense in the game so you're defense wins games argument becomes invalid.

This has Rondo triple double game written all over it.

tcav701
10-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Im just reminding them...thats all.....allen is going to take this personally....esp. facing rondo

Thats not a good thing with his role.

Allen could very well shoot the Heat out of this game.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Outside of LeBron and Wade, the Celtics match ups are just as good if not better in some areas. Also, the Celtics do have a top 3 defense in the game so you're defense wins games argument becomes invalid.

This has Rondo triple double game written all over it.

first of all.....losing allen is huge...he knows the playbook of the celtics in and out...second of all...sullinger and melo haven't proven ****....and last but not least...the celtics are facing the best player in the world

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Thats not a good thing with his role.

Allen could very well shoot the Heat out of this game.

hes wants that role sooo badly...he hates rondo w/ a passion...

I Rock Shaqs
10-29-2012, 01:05 PM
first of all.....losing allen is huge...he knows the playbook of the celtics in and out...second of all...sullinger and melo haven't proven ****....and last but not least...the celtics are facing the best player in the world

Nobody..... Has......Agreed......With......Anything.....you... ...Have.......said.....in....this.......whole..... .thread.....and.....you....haven't.....said......a nything......intelligent......yet.....either......

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Nobody..... Has......Agreed......With......Anything.....you... ...Have.......said.....in....this.......whole..... .thread.....and.....you....haven't.....said......a nything......intelligent......yet.....either......

its too bad that your frustrated.....u know that its true....hahahahaha....

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-29-2012, 01:10 PM

They replaced Allen with a better player(Terry) and someone who is about a top 12 SG in the league(Lee.) Outside of Allen and maybe Haslem, no one is worth giving a **** off the Heat bench.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:11 PM
They replaced Allen with a better player(Terry) and someone who is about a top 12 SG in the league(Lee.) Outside of Allen and maybe Haslem, no one is worth giving a **** off the Heat bench.

are you ******** me.....terry over allen....hahaha....thats just a joke.....

Jay16
10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Well duh.

I disagree

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 01:13 PM
let me ask you a question....why did allen refuse to sign with the celtics?...if u can't answer that question...i'll answer it for you

Could have something to do with him hating rondo.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:14 PM

terry will never do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTP8KUpoHfg

rubx3
10-29-2012, 01:15 PM

OMG THE HEAT HAVE COLE & HARRILSON??? Why bother anymore, just hand them the title now!

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Could have something to do with him hating rondo.

that and if you can't beat your rival...might as well join them...ainge is soo desperate...thats why he signed players to replace allen......and remember..the celtics offered allen alot more money than what miami have offered...garnett is pisssssed

tcav701
10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Jason Terry is a better basketball player that Ray Allen.

In fact, 100% of straight men agree on that.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Jason Terry is a better basketball player that Ray Allen.

In fact, 100% of straight men agree on that.

ray allen is a hall of famer...and terry isn't

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
that and if you can't beat your rival...might as well join them...ainge is soo desperate...thats why he signed players to replace allen......and remember..the celtics offered allen alot more money than what miami have offered...garnett is pisssssed

:eyebrow: Are you mentally challenged, he hated rondo and went to Miami. If he didn't have problems with Allen he would be a celtic right now. And um yeah Terry>Allen at this point and Lee is also close to allen at this point of Ray's career. KG is pissed at Allen okay you're point??? Fact of the matter is the celtics improved from last year.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-29-2012, 01:21 PM
1 more day guys! cant wait for basketball season to start :)

tcav701
10-29-2012, 01:25 PM
ray allen is a hall of famer...and terry isn't

A. That has nothing to do with their level of play right now.

B. Neither Allen nor Terry has been elected to the Hall of Fame.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:27 PM
:eyebrow: Are you mentally challenged, he hated rondo and went to Miami. If he didn't have problems with Allen he would be a celtic right now. And um yeah Terry>Allen at this point and Lee is also close to allen at this point of Ray's career. KG is pissed at Allen okay you're point??? Fact of the matter is the celtics improved from last year.

you are mentally challenged....why... cuz miami elimanated the celtics two years in a row....not only that....ainge is a dumbass...he wanted to trade allen to memphis...which made things worse.....this is the reason why u don't wanna **** with me....now i have to start bringing up stats....don't put lee in the same category as allen...and if thats the case...they don't need barbosa.....

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/9/ray-allen
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/841/jason-terry
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3445/courtney-lee

Ray Allen
NBA champion (2008)
10 NBA All-Star (20002002, 20042009, 2011)
All-NBA Second Team (2005)
All-NBA Third Team (2001)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
NBA Three-Point Shootout champion (2001)
NBA Sportsmanship Award (2003)
NBA all-time leader in three-pointers made

Jason Terry
NBA champion (2011)
NBA Sixth Man of the Year (2009)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2000)

Courtney Lee

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:28 PM
A. That has nothing to do with their level of play right now.

B. Neither Allen nor Terry has been elected to the Hall of Fame.

remember this...only a certain amount ppl make it to the hall of fame...the not only that....allen is a better player than terry......with james and wade around....im sure allen is still in amazing......

tcav701
10-29-2012, 01:30 PM
remember this...only a certain amount ppl make it to the hall of fame...the not only that....allen is a better player than terry......

So you would also agree that Paul Pierce is a better player than Kevin Durant based on your logic?

SteBo will you please come and remove your child from the main forum?

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 01:33 PM
you are mentally challenged....why... cuz miami elimanated the celtics two years in a row....not only that....ainge is a dumbass...he wanted to trade allen to memphis...which made things worse.....this is the reason why u don't wanna **** with me....now i have to start bringing up stats....don't put lee in the same category as allen...and if thats the case...they don't need barbosa.....

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/9/ray-allen
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/841/jason-terry
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3445/courtney-lee

Ray Allen
NBA champion (2008)
10 NBA All-Star (20002002, 20042009, 2011)
All-NBA Second Team (2005)
All-NBA Third Team (2001)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
NBA Three-Point Shootout champion (2001)
NBA Sportsmanship Award (2003)
NBA all-time leader in three-pointers made

Jason Terry
NBA champion (2011)
NBA Sixth Man of the Year (2009)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2000)

Courtney Lee

Holy ****, there is something wrong with you. Allen is up there in age he is no longer the player he once was. Lee puts up the similar numbers and is a way better defender. Please You bring up the past Ill bring Up How pierce used to shut Lebron down in the playoffs.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:33 PM
So you would also agree that Paul Pierce is a better player than Kevin Durant based on your logic?

SteBo will you please come and remove your child from the main forum?

terry and allen played at the same time...they both play the same position....and not only that.....allens been playin 16 years and terry for 13 years.....w/o question u can compare to those two....have you even thought about it?...

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Holy ****, there is something wrong with you. Allen is up there in age he is no longer the player he once was. Lee puts up the similar numbers and is a way better defender. Please You bring up the past Ill bring Up How pierce used to shut Lebron down in the playoffs.

see the word used to shut down...how come the celtics couldn't beat the heat during the playoffs in the last 2 years.....and did you forget...ray allen became an all star at the age of 24....not only that...he was in the 2000 olympics team.......lee is nowhere close

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Why does the past have any effect in how they play now :laugh:

tcav701
10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
terry and allen played at the same time...they both play the same position....and not only that.....allens been playin 16 years and terry for 13 years.....w/o question u can compare to those two....have you even thought about it?

My issue is that you are bringing up career accolades in attempt to prove who the better player is today. Which is irrelevant.

If you want to compare careers I agree with you, if we are discussing who the better player is today, it's Terry.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:37 PM
My issue is that you are bringing up career accolades in attempt to prove who the better player is today. Which is irrelevant.

If you want to compare careers I agree with you, if we are discussing who the better player is today, it's Terry.

u think ray allen's game is out of touch....just wait when the season starts

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 01:37 PM
see the word used to shut down...how come the celtics couldn't beat the heat during the playoffs in the last 2 years.....and did you forget...ray allen became an all star at the age of 24....not only that...he was in the 2000 olympics team.......lee is nowhere close

Did you forget Pierce is one of the best scoring SFs to play the game? Did you forget Lebron and Wade both couldn't beat the celtics Big 3 so they joined forces? Did you forget you are a horrible poster? Did you forget that you make 0 sense? Did you forget Allen is always hurt and can't guard me let alone NBA SGs anymore?

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Why does the past have any effect in how they play now :laugh:

your the who said used to....if your talking when lebron was a cavalier...then....ur lost...cuz that was during PP's prime....he was top 5

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Did you forget Pierce is one of the best scoring SFs to play the game? Did you forget Lebron and Wade both couldn't beat the celtics Big 3 so they joined forces? Did you forget you are a horrible poster? Did you forget that you make 0 sense? Did you forget Allen is always hurt and can't guard me let alone NBA SGs anymore?

Obviously u idiot.......did you remember the year before they were champions....they were one of the worst teams in the league.....this was the celtics fault.....if it weren't for that....lbj would still be in cleveland.....thats why u don't **** with the big 3

oh ya...to answer your other question....pierce and garnett never been injured before...thats what your saying

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Obviously u idiot.......did you remember the year before they were champions....they were one of the worst teams in the league.....this was the celtics fault.....if it weren't for that....lbj would still be in cleveland.....thats why u don't **** with the big 3

:laugh:

tcav701
10-29-2012, 01:45 PM
your the who said used to....if your talking when lebron was a cavalier...then....ur lost...cuz that was during PP's prime....he was top 5

I admire your heart and passion in attempting to make the main roster. However, we regret to inform you that your posts need a bit of work.

We are sending you to the PSD D-League known as the Miami Heat team forum.

We welcome you to return to camp before the start of the 2013-2014 NBA season and wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Everyone Else.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I admire your heart and passion in attempting to make the main roster. However, we regret to inform you that your posts need a bit of work.

We are sending you to the PSD D-League known as the Miami Heat team forum.

We welcome you to return to camp before the start of the 2013-2014 NBA season and wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Everyone Else.

i don't what your talking about first of all....and secondly, im the general manager in psd...ive been around the league alot longer than u...ur just a rookie in my book

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:50 PM
:laugh:

ur laughing cuz u can't admit the truth....to back it up...why did melo and chandler play for the knicks....same situation.....paul joining the clippers....and nash and howard w/ the lakers....

tcav701
10-29-2012, 01:53 PM
i don't what your talking about first of all....and secondly, im the general manager in psd...ive been around the league alot longer than u...ur just a rookie in my book

I imagine that your book is a coloring book?

Perhaps a novel of the pop-up variety?

Green_Monster
10-29-2012, 01:55 PM

oh ya...to answer your other question....pierce and garnett never been injured before...thats what your saying

You forgot to respond to, "Did you forget you are a horrible poster?"

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:56 PM
I imagine that your book is a coloring book?

Perhaps a novel of the pop-up variety?

whoever enrolled you to the heat forum....they should get fired...its worse than what rob babcock did

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 01:57 PM
You forgot to respond to "Did you forgot you are a horrible poster?"

your image is as bad as bush...maybe worse...just make you take off your mask after halloween

tcav701
10-29-2012, 02:01 PM
whoever enrolled you to the heat forum....they should get fired...its worse than what rob babcock did

Why would I enroll in the Heat Forum?

I am not a homer and can be unbiased in my posts. That is exactly why I post on the main forum.

You on the other hand, have the inability to remove your lens-less glasses that your boyfriends where at press conferences when you post. That is exactly why you are not a good fit for the main forum.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Why would I enroll in the Heat Forum?

I am not a homer and can be unbiased in my posts. That is exactly why I post on the main forum.

You on the other hand, have the inability to remove your lens-less glasses that your boyfriends where at press conferences when you post. That is exactly why you are not a good fit for the main forum.

your not even fit for the d-league...thats how bad you are....sometimes u don't even know what your talking about...simply you bring up kevin durant and paul pierce without any reason.....ur an idiot at the end of the day...if u knew how many years allen and terry were playing...then u would understand....this the reason why ainge signed terry....but he would have allen instead...see...u don't even make sense...u know how ppl say that u are trolling...thats such a soft word....trolls have minds and think...i classify u as an official dumbtruck...cuz they don't have a brain....all they do is drive and become fatasses

metsfaninSTL
10-29-2012, 02:07 PM
hope boston can win. good opening game though

HiphopRelated
10-29-2012, 02:11 PM
OMG THE HEAT HAVE COLE & HARRILSON??? Why bother anymore, just hand them the title now!
The team with the best 11th man doesn't mean **** in the playoffs.

Miami has the best top end talent and go 4 deep with quality on the bench and they don't go past 8. They will win

Cole had a better season than Bradley pre ASB then hit the rookie wall..Bradley became the future of the Boston Celtics SG off 1 good month at the end of the season

Good luck with that

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:12 PM
The team with the best 11th man doesn't mean **** in the playoffs.

Miami has the best top end talent and go 4 deep with quality on the bench. They will win

Cole had a better season than Bradley pre ASB then hit the rookie wall..Bradley became the future of the Boston Celtics SG off 1 good month at the end of the season

Good luck with that

this...they forgot how good miller, battier, and jones were in the playoffs

tcav701
10-29-2012, 02:14 PM
your not even fit for the d-league...thats how bad you are....sometimes u don't even know what your talking about...simply you bring up kevin durant and paul pierce without any reason.....ur an idiot at the end of the day...if u knew how many years allen and terry were playing...then u would understand....this the reason why ainge signed terry....but he would have allen instead...see...u don't even make sense...u know how ppl say that u are trolling...thats such a soft word....trolls have minds and think...i classify u as an official dumbtruck...cuz they don't have a brain....all they do is drive and become fatasses

I am fully aware of how long Allen and Terry have played. Point is, their careers are completely irrelevant as to who is the better player today.

Why is it that every active member in this thread has made a comment about how terrible and uninformative your posts are?

Lastly, I must say that I find it humorous that someone incapable of formulating a competent sentence is calling me dumb.

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 02:19 PM
ur laughing cuz u can't admit the truth....to back it up...why did melo and chandler play for the knicks....same situation.....paul joining the clippers....and nash and howard w/ the lakers....

Wtf are you saying, you make no sense whatsoever.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I am fully aware of how long Allen and Terry have played. Point is, their careers are completely irrelevant as to who is the better player today.

Why is it that every active member in this thread has made a comment about how terrible and uninformative your posts are?

Lastly, I must say that I find it humorous that someone incapable of formulating a competent sentence is calling me dumb.

hhahahaha..is this the best you can come up with. I can see that you attend to clown college. First of all, the Celtics fans feat Heat. I assume that your a Celtics fan. Secondly, if you really think that Terry is better than Allen, by all means, don't even post anything cause you don't know **** .

tcav701
10-29-2012, 02:24 PM
hhahahaha..is this the best you can come up with. I can see that you attend to clown college. First of all, the Celtics fans feat Heat. I assume that your a Celtics fan. Secondly, if you really think that Terry is better than Allen, by all means, don't even post anything cause you don't know **** .

If people who think Terry is the superior player didn't post on here, you would have only yourself to argue.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Wtf are you saying, you make no sense whatsoever.

yo, you said that LBJ, Wade, and Bosh joined forces since they couldn't beat the Celtics. Haven't you noticed, this is the new trend. It not my fault that you have tic's disorder.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:26 PM
If people who think Terry is the superior player shouldn't post on here, you would have only yourself to argue.

your an idiot, like honestly. All I'm saying is that Allen is better than Terry. What does being superior have to do with this. Thats why your a dumb truck.

Green_Monster
10-29-2012, 02:30 PM

The majority of people think Terry is better than Allen.

tcav701
10-29-2012, 02:30 PM
your an idiot, like honestly. All I'm saying is that Allen is better than Terry. What does being superior have to do with this. Thats why your a dumb truck.

The words better and superior are synonyms.

Since you are obviously very uneducated, synonyms are words that have the same or very similar meanings.

I feel like I am talking to a child.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:33 PM
The majority of people think Terry is better than Allen.

proof?

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:34 PM
The words better and superior are synonyms.

Since you are obviously very uneducated, synonyms are words that have the same or very similar meanings.

I feel like I am talking to a child.

i feel like im talking to an infant than can't sink in ****. You do not use the word superior to Terry or Allen. You use that on LBJ or KD. Thats why your an idiot.

Green_Monster
10-29-2012, 02:42 PM
proof?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jason+terry+basketball+reference

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ray+allen+basketball+reference

DanG
Miami will blow them out.

tcav701
i feel like im talking to an infant than can't sink in ****. You do not use the word superior to Terry or Allen. You use that on LBJ or KD. Thats why your an idiot.

I believe the word you were thinking of is elite. The word elite means among the best in a given group.

Superior is used to directly compare two or more people or objects. The term Coca Cola is superior to Pepsi is the same as saying Coca Cola is better than Pepsi.

Is English a second language for you?

Green_Monster

You're*.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:47 PM
I believe the word you were thinking of is elite. The word elite means among the best in a given group.

Superior is used to directly compare two or more people or objects. The term Coca Cola is superior to Pepsi is the same as saying Coca Cola is better than Pepsi.

You don't know the meaning of superior and better.

Superior - Of great value or excellence
Better - More highly skilled or adept

This is your problem...u don't understand the difference between superior and better. I don't know what country your from. At least your learned something new for the day

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:48 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jason+terry+basketball+reference

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ray+allen+basketball+reference

dumb truck #2

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 02:50 PM
yo, you said that LBJ, Wade, and Bosh joined forces since they couldn't beat the Celtics. Haven't you noticed, this is the new trend. It not my fault that you have tic's disorder.

Wow, your namemakes sense, yourhead must of went Rock bottom only thing that makes senes after reading your sts.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Wow, your namemakes sense, yourhead must of went Rock bottom only thing that makes senes after reading your sts.

i guess STDs is a common thing for you

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 02:52 PM
i guess STDs is a common thing for you

Yeah because that made a ton of sense.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:55 PM

and btw....were not talking about groups....this proves my point that you have a low IQ...please...don't even bother msging

rockbottom2010
Yeah because that made a ton of sense.

too bad

Green_Monster
dumb truck #2

My bad, I should have provided directions. You're supposed to click the link.

theheatles
10-29-2012, 02:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGn_SNljH8

who's jealous?

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGn_SNljH8

who's jealous?

you know what the funny part...celtics fans have too much ego cuz they can't admit the truth.....they should wiping a monkey *** instead of watching the game

xxplayerxx23
10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
too bad

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

leprechaun5
10-29-2012, 03:03 PM
you know what the funny part...celtics fans have too much ego cuz they can't admit the truth.....they should wiping a monkey *** instead of watching the game

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 03:04 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

your only 18....u don't enough about the nba

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 03:04 PM

no offense

Green_Monster
10-29-2012, 03:07 PM
your only 18....u don't enough about the nba

Once again, it's you're.

rockbottom2010
10-29-2012, 03:08 PM
My bad, I should have provided directions. You're supposed to click the link.

you don't know ****....face it....u can't argue with me....ur soft

DoMeFavors
10-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Getting my LeBron James Heat Jersey ready for tommrow. Lets go HEAT!

Hope my man Ray Allen hits 5-10 threes.

BTW I think that when Ray Allen comes into the game KG and Paul Pierce and maybe even Rondo will hug him.

mngopher35
10-29-2012, 03:49 PM
The celtics backcourt this year with Rondo, Bradley, Terry, Lee (might be forgetting someone decent?) is better than last year. At this point id say terry is slightly better than allen, but its not a gigantic difference. They are pretty freaking deep though.

Utd7
10-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Boston, opening night, championship ring ceremony hangover.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Getting my LeBron James Heat Jersey ready for tommrow. Lets go HEAT!

Hope my man Ray Allen hits 5-10 threes.

BTW I think that when Ray Allen comes into the game KG and Paul Pierce and maybe even Rondo will hug him.

#bandwaggoner

drobe86
10-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Can't wait for this game. I think the Celtics come out and prove a point tomorrow. The Heat are great, but I think Wade's on the decline. TheHeat are extremely deep though. But so are the Celtics. This will be an outstanding game that comes down to the final 2 minutes.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-29-2012, 04:00 PM
im just glad that wade doesnt have to chase ray allen through all those screens, and allen is a phenomenal off ball player.

terry, lee, and co. not so much.

however terry loves coming off that high screens, so it wade would def have his work cut off for him.

time will tell.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-29-2012, 04:00 PM
lol kg might fist bump him, i know pierce will, but u must be mad if hondo will acknowledge rayray

popo85
10-29-2012, 05:16 PM
M.i.a

SportsFanatic10
10-29-2012, 05:19 PM

i know you're dealing with a troll, but that's simply not true. and miami doesn't need much of a bench since at least 1 of the big 3 are always on the floor, and when it matters a lineup of wade/allen/battier/lebron/bosh trumps anything boston can throw at them. and based off matchups miller/haslem/chalmers are all candidates for late game minutes as well as maybe lewis.

Zefflin
10-29-2012, 05:22 PM
should be filled with turnovers and maybe even a fight hopefully, first couple weeks are a bit sloppy

69centers
10-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Rondo said in an interview he does not plan on being on the court for the ring ceremony. I'd imagine the rest of the team won't be either.

SteBO
10-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Rondo said in an interview he does not plan on being on the court for the ring ceremony. I'd imagine the rest of the team won't be either.
Nor should they. They should let the Heat have their moment, and then come out to play the game. Miami did the same thing for themselves and it worked out fine.

Jahari Kavi
10-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Heat are insanely deep

JordansBulls
10-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Nor should they. They should let the Heat have their moment, and then come out to play the game. Miami did the same thing for themselves and it worked out fine.

Pretty much.

AsfanSince99
10-29-2012, 08:48 PM
I like the pieces the C's added, but I got the Heat in this one.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Let's close this thread and a mod create a game thread for all of 3 games tomorrow.

Lets the 2012-2013 Season get underway! :dance:

AIRMAR72
10-29-2012, 09:01 PM
team GREEN all the way

Corey
10-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Heat are insanely deep

Well I guess the Celtics are super-insanely deep, then...amirite?

SteBO
10-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Well I guess the Celtics are super-insanely deep, then...amirite?
What's funny about this is that all the talk about depth isn't going to mean anything when it truly matters......

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 09:23 PM
What's funny about this is that all the talk about depth isn't going to mean anything when it truly matters......

Exactly, because the Lakers have the worst depth among all the contenders and despite all of that, will still win the title. ;)

SteBO
10-29-2012, 09:27 PM
exactly, because the lakers have the worst depth among all the contenders and despite all of that, will still win the title. ;)
brilliant! ;)

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-29-2012, 09:29 PM

So what happens when LeBron gets ejected after 2 T's for flopping?:silly:

Jay16
10-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Boston, if you keep talking we won't use lube......keep it up you'll see.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Boston, if you keep talking we won't use lube......keep it up you'll see.

Dude, that'll hurt, no?

seikou8
10-29-2012, 09:46 PM
heat by 7

theheatles
10-29-2012, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVzQqgN6mrg

Heat by 150

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-29-2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVzQqgN6mrg

Heat by 150

LOL juwan howard is a g

Slug3
10-30-2012, 12:14 AM
So what happens when LeBron gets ejected after 2 T's for flopping?:silly:

I thought they were not giving Ts for flops and that the league would handle fines, suspensions, warning, etc after the game? Did I read the rule wrong?

CubsBullsBucs
10-30-2012, 12:42 AM
i think players wont care too much about being fined for flopping, especially lebron. but technicals, in my opinion, should only be called for a flop if it can be reviewed. otherwise this would just cause a whole different issue that i dont even want to get in to.

Corey
10-30-2012, 12:57 AM

Sure it does. Especially front court depth.

85BearsDefense
10-30-2012, 01:02 AM
Celtics by 10 way too much depth. Any group they throw out there is going to give Miami troubles. Miami cannot say the same thing.

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 01:13 AM

the heat can match boston's front court depth. miami might not be as strong 3 deep at every position as boston is, but what he's trying to say is when the rotations are down to around 9 players in the playoffs, miami's 9 is better then boston's 9.

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Celtics by 10 way too much depth. Any group they throw out there is going to give Miami troubles. Miami cannot say the same thing.

explain...

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-30-2012, 01:26 AM
the heat can match boston's front court depth. miami might not be as strong 3 deep at every position as boston is, but what he's trying to say is when the rotations are down to around 9 players in the playoffs, miami's 9 is better then boston's 9.

Miami's 9: Bron, Wade, Bosh, Battier, Chalmers, Allen, Lewis, Miller, Joel/Haslem

Boston's 9: Pierce, KG, Rondo, Green, Bass, Bradley, JET, Lee, Barbosa

I'd take players 1-3 for Miami.

But I'd take players 6-9 for Boston.

Dade County
10-30-2012, 01:27 AM
We will see if Boston can keep up with the HEAT pace, the entire game.

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Miami's 9: Bron, Wade, Bosh, Battier, Chalmers, Allen, Lewis, Miller, Joel/Haslem

so whos 9 would you take in total? remember we're talking playoff minutes here so the minutes are top heavy.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-30-2012, 01:30 AM
so whos 9 would you take in total? remember we're talking playoff minutes here so the minutes are top heavy.

I don't know dude, it's tough, I mean I really like 6-9 for Boston as they complement BOston's Big 3 well.

But then again, Miami's Big 3 is so intriguing because you have the best player in the game.

I'll give the edge to the reigning champs just because they are the reigning champs.

However, this does not mean that I don't think come playoff time that BOston can't dethrone Miami.

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't know dude, it's tough, I mean I really like 6-9 for Boston as they complement BOston's Big 3 well.

But then again, Miami's Big 3 is so intriguing because you have the best player in the game.

I'll give the edge to the reigning champs just because they are the reigning champs.

However, this does not mean that I don't think come playoff time that BOston can't dethrone Miami.

yeah i'd never say they can't. but i don't think they will unless injuries play a part. they definately have a good enough team to give the heat a run, but i'd say heat in 6. i think miami's pace and space offense will be too much combined with great d. not that the celtics can't play good d, just they have the older legs.

SugeKnight
10-30-2012, 02:51 AM
What a game to start the season

Steelers23_06
10-30-2012, 03:51 AM
What a game to start the season

couldnt have said it better myself.

as for thread i think miami beats em by 20. one word lebron. he is the best basketball player in the world right now and has 3 hall of famers playing with him and a bunch of solid role players. lebron knows what its like to want to beat your old team more then anything and he will put it all on the line for his new brother. plus boston is a brand new team all miami did was add solid bench players to a championship team.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-30-2012, 03:56 AM
couldnt have said it better myself.

as for thread i think miami beats em by 20. one word lebron. he is the best basketball player in the world right now and has 3 hall of famers playing with him and a bunch of solid role players. lebron knows what its like to want to beat your old team more then anything and he will put it all on the line for his new brother. plus boston is a brand new team all miami did was add solid bench players to a championship team.

What are you talking about?

Both teams have their core set.

Rondo-Pierce-KG is the core with additions of JET, Lee and Barbosa who have bought into the system.

Heat have their core and have added Shard and Ray.

And really? 20 pts??? Just because LeBron is the best player in the league, the Heat will win by 20?

Just ask yourself that.

SteBO
10-30-2012, 06:24 AM

It's too early obviously, but just how deep do you think Doc is willing to go into your bench come playoff time? How many minutes do you think he'd be willing to give guys like Milicic, Sullinger(based on preseason he might be an exception), Barbosa, and heck maybe even Courtney Lee? Your depth on the wings is tremendous, but you're going to go down with your best players and they'll log heavy minutes. The only few guys I see getting quality playoff time are Green, Bradley, Sullinger, and obviously Terry could log starters minutes (correct me if I'm wrong).

I see quality depth as a way to keep your best players fresh for the playoffs over an 82-game season. But come playoff time, depth is going to have a pretty minimal impact. It's going to come down to your best players.

SteBO
10-30-2012, 06:24 AM
Lol wut?

Lucky.
10-30-2012, 06:27 AM

I know he's only a rookie, but Sullinger will be getting more time than Barbosa. Especially once Bradley comes back.

justinnum1
10-30-2012, 08:25 AM

:drunk:

Andrew32
10-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Hard to say who will win.

Both teams may be rusty so it could go either way.

Or it could be a blowout.

Heat have a scary roster imo adding Lewis and Allen both former All-Stars and high paid guys.
If they play well and Wade returns to form... damn. :speechless:

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-30-2012, 09:31 AM
gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedayyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

bcc
10-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Rashard Lewis scares absolutely no one. Personally, I think the guy's a stiff. That doesn't mean he won't be able to be effective playing w/ LeBron and Wade but the problem is he's a shooter....and that's pretty much it. Methinks Ray Allen is the guy they'd rather have shooting off the bench. So where does that leave Rashard Lewis? Rebounding? Playing interior defense?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Rashard Lewis scares absolutely no one. Personally, I think the guy's a stiff. That doesn't mean he won't be able to be effective playing w/ LeBron and Wade but the problem is he's a shooter....and that's pretty much it. Methinks Ray Allen is the guy they'd rather have shooting off the bench. So where does that leave Rashard Lewis? Rebounding? Playing interior defense?

it leaves him stretching the floor as a shooter (offense) and splitting time with lebron at the 4.

this has worked well with battier in the lineup. so time will tell with exactly how many mins rashard lewis will get, because the miami heat are more effective with battier on the floor.

i guess you can say lewis gives them options, especially if someone is injured.

theheatles
10-30-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2_1-2sbCpI

xfyre
10-30-2012, 01:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2_1-2sbCpI

holy **** i cant stop laughing...people at work are starin at me =(

emman03
10-30-2012, 01:22 PM
HEAT WIN!! by 3pts 100-97 buzzer beater of rayray :D

Blitzbolt
10-30-2012, 01:32 PM
PAUL pierce is done HEAT WIN.

mngopher35
10-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm so happy the NBA is finally back, and with such a great matchup! Could go either way tonight, id lean miami but many championship teams seem to lose the game after the ceremony. All we can hope for is heat down 2 points with ray allen shooting a buzzer beater deciding 3...

Boshstrich
10-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Heat 104- Celtics 93. Lebronb continues to own Pierce by his nut sack

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 04:51 PM

funny how you never return to explain a dumb comment like this once it gets called out several times.