asandhu23
10-26-2012, 02:43 PM
via twitter. wait a sec for link.

asandhu23
10-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Kings is the team.

asandhu23
10-26-2012, 02:44 PM
http://nba.si.com/2012/10/26/maloofs-sacramento-kings-seattle-david-stern/?eref=sihp here ya go.

Sactown
10-26-2012, 02:54 PM
No way... sell to Ron Burkle and keep them in Sac.... Plus it makes no sens when Stern just told SAC to keep fighting for their team and how Sac is such a great NBA city... he said this yesterday...

NateyB24
10-26-2012, 03:35 PM
No way... sell to Ron Burkle and keep them in Sac.... Plus it makes no sens when Stern just told SAC to keep fighting for their team and how Sac is such a great NBA city... he said this yesterday...

You can't trust Stern look at the whole debacle that happened to us he was "trying" to save the basketball team here as well.

He also really really wants Balmer into the NBA group he is loaded even richer then Paul Allen.

TyrionLannister
10-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't think Seattle wants another team (no offense Kings fans). They want the Sonics back.

NateyB24
10-26-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't think Seattle wants another team (no offense Kings fans). They want the Sonics back.

I would rather get an expansion team but when one of the Seattle reporters mentioned it he got laughed at.

Tmath
10-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Keep the Kings in Sacramento

Send the Clippers to Seattle, Its stupid having 2 teams with the same home court. (Lakers/Clippers)

tapajafri
10-26-2012, 04:06 PM
There's no doubt that Seattle deserves a team. They're one of the best sports marketing cities in the country.

However, the Kings shouldn't be the team that moves there because of their great fanbase in Sacramento. They're one of the smallest markets in the league and have proved they can be a big time NBA city....especially when their team is really good. Early 2000's, they were the best fans in the NBA. Send the damn bobcats or hornets to Seattle. Sacramento should have an NBA team, just like Seattle.

PraiseJesus
10-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Kings are moving to Vegas

topdog
10-26-2012, 04:28 PM

Well, that's just not going to happen. They'll get a team and call them the Sonics, but it won't be the team they drafted through 2008.

I hate to see any city lose its franchise. Too bad the Clippers started winning.

KingsPhillies
10-26-2012, 07:26 PM
...and so it begins again...

Baller1
10-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Give us our team back and send the Kings to OKC.

Aust
10-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Bring the Kings to Seattle :clap:

abe_froman
10-26-2012, 07:43 PM
i dont want them to move,but if everyone(the maloofs and nba)are so determined to see it happen than i want it to be seattle. expansion and okc moving back are obviously not going to happen,so its this or nothing

theheatles
10-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Give us our team back and send the Kings to OKC.

I wish, Clay Bennet doesn't deserve the team he has...

IndyRealist
10-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Keep the Kings in Sacramento

Send the Clippers to Seattle, Its stupid having 2 teams with the same home court. (Lakers/Clippers)

It's actually a very shrewd business move. Two teams splitting the cost of running the facility means everybody makes more money.

RipCity32
10-26-2012, 11:53 PM
I would be mad if I was a Seattle fan seeing that O.K.C team,No offense Seattle fans.

Quinnsanity
10-26-2012, 11:55 PM
I don't mind Sacramento losing the Kings. They have good fans, but it just never made sense to me that Sacremento had a team. I mean shouldn't the Warriors own the northern california market? Seattle deserves a team.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Las Vegas should get a team. They were great hosting the 07 All Star Game.

mrblisterdundee
10-27-2012, 02:18 AM
I think it's time for a team to leave California, and Sacramento's the obvious choice. I do think, however, that the Clippers should also move out of Hollywood... to Hollywood North (a.k.a. Vancouver, British Columbia).

topdog
10-27-2012, 03:03 AM
It's actually a very shrewd business move. Two teams splitting the cost of running the facility means everybody makes more money.

I don't think he cares about that. You're talking business and he's talking fandom. Fandom finds it ridiculous that the Clippers can be the "away team" at Staples Center and that cities are losing teams while one city keeps two (which obviously is financially viable).

JEDean89
10-27-2012, 07:12 AM
i would love it the supersonics were revived, if the hornets rebranded to something sick like the NO Brass, and the bobcats got changed back to the charlotte hornets.

JNA17
10-27-2012, 07:27 AM
As a Lakers homer: Queens, GTFO out of California.

NBA Fan: Would welcome back the Sonics with open oparms, and it's quite clear that the choice to a move a team there is the Kings.

As the other poster said, Las Vegas IMO should also get a team. They have a get crowd and would actually be a great attraction towered other players.

ccg34
10-27-2012, 08:34 AM
If this is the only way to bring the Supersonics back then so be it. I'd prefer to get a team from a city with two teams or expansion but that seems unlikely.

Vinylman
10-27-2012, 10:08 AM
LMFAO at Seattle fans

bunch o ******* hypocrites

CubsBullsBucs
10-27-2012, 10:57 AM
There's no doubt that Seattle deserves a team. They're one of the best sports marketing cities in the country.

However, the Kings shouldn't be the team that moves there because of their great fanbase in Sacramento. They're one of the smallest markets in the league and have proved they can be a big time NBA city....especially when their team is really good. Early 2000's, they were the best fans in the NBA. Send the damn bobcats or hornets to Seattle. Sacramento should have an NBA team, just like Seattle.

My thoughts exactly!

49erGiantLaker
10-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I really hope the Kings stay in Sac.

NateyB24
10-27-2012, 12:08 PM
LMFAO at Seattle fans

As i said i would rather expansion but that is not going to happen so if a team is bound to move whats the problem with Hansen buying a team??

RLundi
10-27-2012, 02:06 PM
LMFAO at Seattle fans

Why would you be laughing at Seattle when they're getting an NBA team? It's not the Thunder but getting ANY team is about as ideal as it gets. What's funny about that? What would you like them to say, 'No! Keep them in Sactown cause it's so not fair!!'?

JasonJohnHorn
10-27-2012, 02:16 PM
It pretty fawked up how Stern took over the Hornets and made an effort to keep them in NO, but when a team actually has an owner the NBA presures them to sell to another city.

mgsports
10-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Bring hem back to KC or, put them in St. Louis or Tampa Bay.

tr3ymill3r
10-27-2012, 02:40 PM
For basketball reasons David Stern won't allow this to happen.

chitownredbulls
10-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't mind Sacramento losing the Kings. They have good fans, but it just never made sense to me that Sacremento had a team. I mean shouldn't the Warriors own the northern california market? Seattle deserves a team.

y would it not make sense? Sacramento is the capitol of California...Sac needs/deserves and should keep the kings....great fan base...:D...plus this sac team is prob gnna be good this year...mark my words..lol...

Vinylman
10-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Why would you be laughing at Seattle when they're getting an NBA team? It's not the Thunder but getting ANY team is about as ideal as it gets. What's funny about that? What would you like them to say, 'No! Keep them in Sactown cause it's so not fair!!'?

I wouldn't expect you to understand since you are joining the discussion about 5 years to late

ANYWAY :rolleyes:

the hypocrisy is certain posters in this thread who *****ed about sterns role in the Sonics leaving for OKC now applauding the idea of the Kings going to Seattle which will only happen via stern strong arming the Maloofs...