PDA

View Full Version : Delonte West suspended again

popo85
10-25-2012, 12:52 PM
The Dallas Mavericks have suspended guard Delonte West again for the second time in less than a month.
We have suspended Delonte for conduct detrimental to the team," president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said in a statement. "The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued.
The statement gave no reason for the suspension. Coach Rick Carlisle had suspended West for conduct detrimental to the team Oct. 15 after a locker-room outburst. The Mavericks reinstated West less than 24 hours later after he met with Carlisle and Nelson.

The team would not elaborate on the outburst at that time.

"There was an outstanding issue, and we needed to talk about it," Carlisle said after the initial suspension. "He needed to refocus, and he's in the process of doing that. It's going to be work. It's going to be daily work for him to do that, and I've got to help him and our organization is going to help him, too. It's not that big a deal."

West took to Twitter after word of the suspension was released. Without saying what precipitated the Mavs' action, he said that his name showing up in a negative light is the worst thing that can happen and makes everything he's worked for go out the window.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8550354/delonte-west-dallas-mavericks-suspended

kduce
10-25-2012, 12:55 PM
What a tool... you know you already have a bad rep why act a fool again? Clown.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-25-2012, 12:55 PM
if it wasnt for basketball, hed be one of the bottom 50% romney hates so much.

KnickaBocka.44
10-25-2012, 01:19 PM
I will never get over the mental image of him getting pulled over speeding on a motorcycle with two loaded handguns and a loaded shotgun in a guitarcase. It always makes me laugh until I think about how there is no reason to have that much ammunition hidden in an inconspicuous case other than if you were about to try and pput someone down.

b_russ
10-25-2012, 01:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNIzCcSy8pE

J4KOP99
10-25-2012, 01:57 PM
He's got some serious mental issues... I kinda feel bad for the guy

king4day
10-25-2012, 02:02 PM
His NBA career is probably not going to last much longer. He clearly has mental issues. I think when he's done with basketball, he'll have spent all his money and he'll serve jail time for one thing or another.

b_russ
10-25-2012, 02:11 PM
His NBA career is probably not going to last much longer. He clearly has mental issues. I think when he's done with basketball, he'll have spent all his money and he'll serve jail time for one thing or another.

Wasn't he already out of money during the lockout? Isn't that why he started working at Home Depot?

hugepatsfan
10-25-2012, 02:11 PM
#reinstatedelonte

lamzoka
10-25-2012, 02:19 PM
He's got some serious mental issues... I kinda feel bad for the guy

That was a biaattchh move boy lol

lamzoka
10-25-2012, 02:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNIzCcSy8pE

That was a biaattchh move boy lol

broncofangene
10-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Clown shoes

hugepatsfan
10-25-2012, 02:28 PM
On a serious not, do the Mavs look to trade off players and rebuild if he's going to be out for any significant time.

Zefflin
10-25-2012, 03:10 PM
He's a bum that knows some bball.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Seriously...

Blake + 2nd rd pick for Delonte.

He's played for Mike Brown before, and he'll get his head straight with Kobe whooping that *** in practice.

ManRam
10-25-2012, 03:18 PM
I feel a little bad for him. You can just sit back from behind your computer and say he's a clown who's messing up, but the reality is that a) you don't know what's going on and b) he suffers from a very real disease/disorder that you probably also know nothing about.

His struggles with bipolar disorder are well noted, and obviously a lot of things aren't working out well. I think Dallas should and will continue to stick with him. He's such a valuable asset to that team. He's volatile, but he's made it work before. Hopefully both sides can figure out some ways to wade through the highs and lows...

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-25-2012, 03:27 PM
I feel a little bad for him. You can just sit back from behind your computer and say he's a clown who's messing up, but the reality is that a) you don't know what's going on and b) he suffers from a very real disease/disorder that you probably also know nothing about.

His struggles with bipolar disorder are well noted, and obviously a lot of things aren't working out well. I think Dallas should and will continue to stick with him. He's such a valuable asset to that team. He's volatile, but he's made it work before. Hopefully both sides can figure out some ways to wade through the highs and lows...

Exactly, some people don't understand this.

Rome
10-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Dude needs extra attention.

AddiX
10-25-2012, 03:45 PM
The only way to keep him under control is one year deals and done. Once he gets a little comfy, he loses it.

younggunn113
10-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Glory, glory what a helluva way to fly, THE HAWK WILL NEVER DIE

Spurred1
10-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Great post. I think Dallas will keep him and continue working with him. He was decent for them last year and stayed out of trouble for the most part-maybe he's got some personal issue or issue with his medication. I hope he's taking his medication.
The thought of trading him to the Lakers for Blake and whatever is repugnant. I've seen Blake play and there is nothing enticing about that offer.

NSJ
10-25-2012, 06:15 PM
What a tool... you know you already have a bad rep why act a fool again? Clown.

I thought only tools still called people tools?

bucketss
10-25-2012, 06:17 PM
not sure but he has a personality disorder correct?

mdm692
10-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Royce White and Delonte West should hang out. Hell Delonte West can drive Royce White to the games he won't fly to.

Spurred1
10-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Bipolar disorder. A disease marked by drastic highs(mania) and awful lows(depression). Can be controlled by psychiatric drugs. Lithium was used years ago, don't know if it is still used.
A person off the meds or not on the right dosages/medications can have some dangerous behaviors-promiscuity, major spending sprees, addictions to booze/drugs, gambling, etc,etc.
Had a friend who was diagnosed with it on college. Another girl in my college dorm had it, didn't take her meds, and often had rages. Her roommate wound up hiding out in our room quite a few times. She was pretty messed up.

AllKohn
10-25-2012, 06:32 PM
It's sad-Delonte used to have some promise...then he banged LeBrons mom.

Aleksandar
10-25-2012, 06:52 PM
That ear poke was stupid.

iDefend10
10-25-2012, 10:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPXdBQmelWE

Him and Dennis Scot need to hang out a little.

JasonJohnHorn
10-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Obviously West has some personal demons he works with. He seems like a hard working guy and he seems passionate, which I like to see in players, so hopefully he can get his act straightened out. It's nice that the Mavs are being as supportive as they are though. The language they use for the issue is very supportive.