PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin Preseason

nycericanguy
10-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Now I was one that bashed NY alot for letting him go, but I can't help but notice just how bad he was in preseason. Anyone else surprised by this? Look at his totals below, they are horrific.

Also just as surprising is he's still talking about his knee 6+ months after surgery. This was supposed to be a very minor surgery with about a 4 week recovery time.

5.0ppg
6.2apg
2.2rpg
3.0 TO pg
2.4spg

22% FG
0% 3pfg (0-9)
60% FT

Gators123
10-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Just curious, how did you find his preseason PER?

Raps18-19 Champ
10-25-2012, 10:09 AM
It preseason. Though he was never that good to begin with.

nycericanguy
10-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Just curious, how did you find his preseason PER?

NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeremy_lin/

b@llhog24
10-25-2012, 10:15 AM
NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeremy_lin/

They're not the same.

strahan92osi72
10-25-2012, 10:16 AM
I can see it already, Felton having a huge comeback year (especially if Amare misses considerable time this year) while Lin becomes the worst free agent signing ever.

b@llhog24
10-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Anyways I noticed it too but it's preseason.

nycericanguy
10-25-2012, 10:20 AM
They're not the same.

My bad, I thought EFF was player efficiency rating somehow.

still though, its preseason, but what stands out to me is 22% FG, and 0-9 from 3. He's supposed to be a scoring PG.

yanksrock
10-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Calm down everybody. If we counted everything on pre-season than the Knicks found a cheaper version of Melo in Chris Copeland.

Lets wait and see how this season works out.

gwrighter
10-25-2012, 10:26 AM
He's been playing an underwhelming game. Not surprised though.

nycericanguy
10-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Calm down everybody. If we counted everything on pre-season than the Knicks found a cheaper version of Melo in Chris Copeland.

Lets wait and see how this season works out.

I was kind of expecting Lin to have a huge preseason though, I thought he would try and come out and make a good first impression and show he was worth the contract. Also I thought he would have the freedom to go out and be the #1 option there at times.

I understand preseason doesn't matter alot to proven vets, but to young guys its different.

Asik on the other hand has really impressed me, 12rpg in just 25mpg! He's alot better than I thought he was.

yanksrock
10-25-2012, 10:30 AM
I was kind of expecting Lin to have a huge preseason though, I thought he would try and come out and make a good first impression and show he was worth the contract. Also I thought he would have the freedom to go out and be the #1 option there at times.

I understand preseason doesn't matter alot to proven vets, but to young guys its different.

Asik on the other hand has really impressed me, 12rpg in just 25mpg! He's alot better than I thought he was.

I think Lin will be fine. Not great, just fine.

He just came off knee surgery. It takes a while to trust the knee again.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-25-2012, 10:34 AM
idk why people put so much stock in Lin or preseason. makes no sense..

DoMeFavors
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Now Knick fans are changing their tone that he is gone, I always knew this bum was a one hit wonder. But the media did this to him, they are the reason he is paid. He was hyped up so much as one of the best for like an entire month.

Atleast he is out of my area so I dont have to hear about him anymore.

astrosmaniac
10-25-2012, 10:41 AM
its a new system with new teammates, give it time. listening to the houston beat writers, it sounds like even if he hasnt been scoring at a high clip, he's been the catalyst of the offense. he's making it work and opening things for guys off a quick 2nd or 3rd pass. he'll be fine

DoMeFavors
10-25-2012, 10:45 AM
BTW Jeremy Lin is such a fake, to the media he acts like an angel "I have to give my teamates the credit even though the attention is on me" he had an ego and wouldnt even come back to help his team in the playoffs. He trademarked Linsanity. This kid has an ego and wanted his $$$. Im not hating on that but he is selfish and his own teamates didnt like him.

JesusNYY_Savior
10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
dantoni isnt his coach?

LongIslandIcedZ
10-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Its the preseason.

- New team
- New system

Give him time, he'll be ok.

ewing
10-25-2012, 11:03 AM
wow, you're really rooting for this kid to fail huh? Preseason PER :laugh:

Weezy
10-25-2012, 11:13 AM
I can't wait when he comes back to NY. That is a game I want to go to.

DoMeFavors
10-25-2012, 11:19 AM
I can't wait when he comes back to NY. That is a game I want to go to.

you going to boo? even though you probably loved him last year

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Knicks fans, you guys really need to get over Lin leaving because Dolan didn't want to match. You really need move forward with the players you have now and stop dwelling on players you had in the past.

DoMeFavors
10-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Knicks fans, you guys really need to get over Lin leaving because Dolan didn't want to match. You really need move forward with the players you have now and stop dwelling on players you had in the past.

Felton probably eats more chinese food in NY than Lin did

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Lol.. I'd still rather Lin over Felton

DoMeFavors
10-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Lol.. I'd still rather Lin over Felton

Both played their best under Mike Dantoni one of the more under appreciated coaches of all time. He is a genius, just needs someone to help him coach d.

LongIslandIcedZ
10-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Now Knick fans are changing their tone that he is gone, I always knew this bum was a one hit wonder. But the media did this to him, they are the reason he is paid. He was hyped up so much as one of the best for like an entire month.

Says the guy who was clammoring for Dwight, and now believes Lopez is better on the Nets.

Stop it.

kduce
10-25-2012, 11:27 AM
I was waiting for him to fizzle out, it just seems like it was bound to happen. However, I personally want to see him succeed. Its not about all of the attention or that I hate the Knicks, but that contract (at least the 3rd year of it) that the Rockets gave him was dogged on so bad, but they gave the kid a shot and it would be really cool if he makes it worth it.

The Rockets have tried so hard to get a star, but keep falling short... Lin is the closest thing they got. They have alot of young players on the team who may develop into a decent group.

I dont know what his fate is gonna be, but you cant always look at stats and judge a player. If he is out there spreading the floor, making good passes that lead to assists he wont get credit on the stat sheet for that. Lets wait and see what happens.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-25-2012, 11:28 AM
i love reading nets fans and knicks fans argue. lol

ewing
10-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Felton probably eats more chinese food in NY than Lin did

I still ask for the Lin every time i order Chinese

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I still ask for the Lin every time i order Chinese

is that the one where it tastes good for the first two bites, but leaves a terrible after-taste?

lakerboy
10-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Lol. So both Lin and the Knicks will suck this season.

BklynKnicks3
10-25-2012, 11:45 AM
i told people lin was a avg player during linsanity was called a rascist for saying it

DoMeFavors
10-25-2012, 11:48 AM
i told people lin was a avg player during linsanity was called a rascist for saying it

Pretty pathetic

sep11ie
10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Damn, at this rate the Lin will never win the pre-season MVP award...

tkf692
10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Lin is softer then a cooked noodle. Just a product of Dantoni's system. Chris Duhon looked like all star for half a year too lol. I bleed knicks

HouRealCoach
10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
He's basically still a rookie... It's just preseason & if that means this much then Lakers won't make the playoffs lol

Preseason means nothing

Slimsim
10-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Well its not like things are going to get easier in the regiular seaso.

I Rock Shaqs
10-25-2012, 12:12 PM
He's basically still a rookie... It's just preseason & if that means this much then Lakers won't make the playoffs lol

Preseason means nothing

LMAO how in the fudge is he still a rookie....:facepalm:
It's his third year.

tkf692
10-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Like i said Chris Duhon looked like a allstar under Dantoni...

WAYNEBO
10-25-2012, 12:17 PM
is that the one where it tastes good for the first two bites, but leaves a terrible after-taste?

Hahahahaha!!!!

nycericanguy
10-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Preseason means nothing

Lakers are a veteran team with nothing to prove.

Guys like Lin & Asik have alot to prove coming to a new team on big contracts.

Asik has been great so far though.

Raider0510
10-25-2012, 12:22 PM
BTW Jeremy Lin is such a fake, to the media he acts like an angel "I have to give my teamates the credit even though the attention is on me" he had an ego and wouldnt even come back to help his team in the playoffs. He trademarked Linsanity. This kid has an ego and wanted his $$$. Im not hating on that but he is selfish and his own teamates didnt like him.

why are you hatin on him for being smart enough to trademark linsanity? Tebow trademarked tebowing is he a fake egomaniac to pro athles only have a small window to make as much money as posible he'd be stupid not to

WAYNEBO
10-25-2012, 12:30 PM
LOL... look up that 12yo troll's 4K posts and you'll understand.

HouRealCoach
10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Lakers are a veteran team with nothing to prove.

Guys like Lin & Asik have alot to prove coming to a new team on big contracts.

Asik has been great so far though.

Lin is coming off of an injury, & I'm basically saying that it's just preseason... It's funny how these what 5 or 6 preseason games shows how he sucks but in the regular season last year how he sparked the Knicks and led them to a 7 game win streak without Melo & Amare meant nothing lol

LMAO how in the fudge is he still a rookie....:facepalm:
It's his third year.

He barely played his first year... Next year he only played like 40 games and only started a like 25-25 and he also had no training camp... He's basically still a rookie

WAYNEBO
10-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Lol. So both Lin and the Knicks will suck this season.

So you get to finally feel Pau's moobs up close this season.

Losoway
10-25-2012, 12:35 PM
jeremy lin is a overrated bum . HE STILL TALKS ABOUT THIS DAMN SURGERY EVERY 4 SECONDS

HouRealCoach
10-25-2012, 12:36 PM

If you quit believing Stephen A. Smith then you would that Dolan, Woodson & the team's vets told him not to play because of what happened to Iman & Baron Davis and they didn't want to put him in jeopardy after already knowing he wasn't 100%

nycericanguy
10-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Lin is coming off of an injury, & I'm basically saying that it's just preseason... It's funny how these what 5 or 6 preseason games shows how he sucks but in the regular season last year how he sparked the Knicks and led them to a 7 game win streak without Melo & Amare meant nothing lol

This is not a "Lin sucks" thread, just a discussion thread. And he's not really coming off an injury, that knee surgery was 7 months ago. Ronnie Brewer had the exact same injury about 3 weeks ago and he's already back on the court playing and not mentioning a word about his knee.

He barely played his first year... Next year he only played like 40 games and only started a like 25-25 and he also had no training camp... He's basically still a rookie

I think you're reaching here, he'll be 25 this year and this is his 4th team (HOU twice), he's been through training camps, summer leagues, d leagues, and regular season games. He's definitely still inexperienced, but no "rookie" gets anywhere near the experience Lin has had already. He's definitely NOT "basically a rookie".

C_Mund
10-25-2012, 12:45 PM

The funny thing is that GM's are supposed to be way above the media. As insiders they should know more than to jump all over headlines

jimm120
10-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Says the guy who was clammoring for Dwight, and now believes Lopez is better on the Nets.

Stop it.

Was SUPER high on Melo and the second Melo went to the Knicks, Deron was better.

Was SUPER high on Dwight and the second Dwight went to the Lakers, Brooks was better.

HouRealCoach
10-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I think you're reaching here, he'll be 25 this year and this is his 4th team (HOU twice), he's been through training camps, summer leagues, d leagues, and regular season games. He's definitely still inexperienced, but no "rookie" gets anywhere near the experience Lin has had already. He's definitely NOT "basically a rookie".

First of all, He's 24 and will be throughout this entire season
Second, He has yet to play one regular season game with Houston

He played 29 games with the Warriors and 9.8 minutes per game
He played 35 games with the Knicks and has a total of 1225 minutes under his belt for a career.

& there are players who has been through training camps, d-league, & summer league & still hasn't played in the regular season I don't think giving them just 25 starts and about 40 games riding the bench & playing garbage time sets them that far from other rookies

jimm120
10-25-2012, 12:51 PM
jeremy lin is a overrated bum . HE STILL TALKS ABOUT THIS DAMN SURGERY EVERY 4 SECONDS

That really is a meh situation.

According to reports, Lin's surgery only required 6 weeks or so. he could come back FOR THE PLAYOFFS in May...and its now October and he's still talking about it.

Either
1 - The surgery went wrong;
2 - He's an extremely slow healer;
3 - Its just an excuse for the bad play.

I really don't know.

I have always been in the bandwagon of "If we could keep him, keep him"...we could have. it would have only cost money. To me, he was always a good #3 scoring option. Now, we have Felton and Smith as the #3 scoring options (Felton was the #2 option when he was here with Amare...so he can do it but still). BUT ANYWAY, Lin is starting to use the surgery excuse too much. Something's wrong or most everyone (that wasn't a bandwagon fan) was correct in saying that he wasn't the Lin from LINSANITY.

NYsFinest
10-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Truth is Lin needed the Knicks as much as the Knicks needed Lin... too bad for him it didn't work out. Knicks will be fine with who they got to replace him.

YEDN90
10-25-2012, 12:58 PM
In general, it is never wise to buy into a player over a fraction of a season. It happened and I do not think Lin will live up to the hype that has been placed on him.

Having said that, it is preseason and he's with a new team.

GiantsSwaGG
10-25-2012, 01:00 PM
It's the surgery's fault

heyman321
10-25-2012, 01:05 PM
he's still better than Brook Lopez

THE MTL
10-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Jeremy lin at best is a solid PG. He's going to suck in houston, it is the WRONG situation for him. Even he knows it. I expect decent numbers with a horrible FG% and TO numbers.

dnewguy
10-25-2012, 01:17 PM
All I can say is that when it mattered the most, J Lin stepped up and you can't say that about Melo, Amare or the senior citizens in NY outside of J Kidd.

Da Knicks
10-25-2012, 01:21 PM
All I can say is that when it mattered the most, J Lin stepped up and you can't say that about Melo, Amare or the senior citizens in NY outside of J Kidd.

Last month of the season knicks where not in the playoffs and Melo got player of the month and Knicks made the playoffs. on another note didnt you make a bet and lost? i thought deleting the account of the loser was the bet...:confused:

ewing
10-25-2012, 01:33 PM
I heard he had a bad game against the Heat.

Evolution23
10-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I loved him when he was in NY just because of the underdog factor, but he's still overrated. Simple as that. He will be exposed this season.

The goods
10-25-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm not surprised he sucks, its only preseason but he still sucks all this hype for a guy who had 1 good week?

HeaTxRipZz
10-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Heard he had 6 turnovers in one of those games. Laughed when I seen it because everyone made such a big fuss about losing him, even when Linsanity was going on I was constantly pointing out his turnover numbers. Never was a player I could root for even when he had my home town team winning

heyman321
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Heard he had 6 turnovers in one of those games. Laughed when I seen it because everyone made such a big fuss about losing him, even when Linsanity was going on I was constantly pointing out his turnover numbers. Never was a player I could root for even when he had my home town team winning

Would you rather have Lin or MRI Stoudemire?

Captain Moroni
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Lin is better than his preseson has been and not as good as his 25 games averages last year. He is somewhere in the middle.

I loved Linsanity, and was sad to see him go, but he was not what the knicks needed this year.

I will root for the guy to have a great year, he does not have the tools in Houston like he did in NY, but he should have a great year.

John Walls Era
10-25-2012, 02:15 PM
LOL at the Knicks fans.

ewing
10-25-2012, 02:17 PM
I've heard he cant drive left

Hawkeye15
10-25-2012, 02:22 PM
meh, he has looked really bad in a couple of games, but he hasn't looked bad recently, outside his shot. He will be fine, though personally I never expected to see that 23/7 player again for the long run. If Lin can be a 13.5-7 PG and keep his turnovers down, he is worth the money, and will be at least an average to above average starting PG.

Hawkeye15
10-25-2012, 02:23 PM
I've heard he cant drive left

he doesn't go left as well.

HouRealCoach
10-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I heard he had a bad game against the Heat.

Everybody has bad games and his was against the best team in the NBA.... Didn't Melo have a game against the Bobcats where he scored 1 point?

nycericanguy
10-25-2012, 02:34 PM
^ jesus turn your sarcasm meter on please!

yanksrock
10-25-2012, 02:43 PM

HA!!

How do know what he is?? Let's wait a season before you "Know" what a bum he is. Whattya going to say when Houston plays Brooklyn and he lights up Deron's *** again??

Not saying he's gonna be awesome, all I'm saying is wait until after the season to judge.

Zefflin
10-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah, Lin is simply not that good, and I think he'll have a meh season, most likely sub par.

Heediot
10-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Lin will be fine.

In my view, he'll average around 15-17ppg 7A. He'll have some bad nights depending on the kind of defense he is up against.

Lakers4life08
10-25-2012, 03:12 PM
For me its funny when i watch highlights of rockets he sucked big time scored like couple points couple assists and 5 TO but still highlights still all about Jeremy Lin like he played fantastic game....

D'antoni in his system,every fast and can shoot player will look like a star,becouse his system is like run run run...shoot shoot shoot....

THE MTL
10-25-2012, 03:15 PM

I guess you missed the last month of the season, where Melo won player of the month because he went off.

ewing
10-25-2012, 03:49 PM
For me its funny when i watch highlights of rockets he sucked big time scored like couple points couple assists and 5 TO but still highlights still all about Jeremy Lin like he played fantastic game....

D'antoni in his system,every fast and can shoot player will look like a star,becouse his system is like run run run...shoot shoot shoot....

Love or hate the D'antoni this running and shooting idea is innovative

DoMeFavors
10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
HA!!

How do know what he is?? Let's wait a season before you "Know" what a bum he is. Whattya going to say when Houston plays Brooklyn and he lights up Deron's *** again??

Not saying he's gonna be awesome, all I'm saying is wait until after the season to judge.

Or maybe Deron will just drop 38 on him again...hmm

ewing
10-25-2012, 03:59 PM

Deron Williams cant be that good if his having a big game against Jeremy Lin shows just how bad Lin is right?

GiantsSwaGG
10-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Where's Kashmire?

TeamSeattle
10-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Yep because preseason tells you all about a player. Let's wait till the season starts and he's averaging 15/8 before we're passing all this judgement.

yanksrock
10-25-2012, 04:15 PM

Oh I have no doubt Deron is better. All I'm saying you just don't know what Lin is just yet.

Iron24th
10-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Key word is: preseason

Losoway
10-25-2012, 04:42 PM
i seen lin shoot a brick layup the other night. he looks terrible

im tired of you guys acting like the preseason doesnt mean anything. ITS STILL BASKETBALL its still a MIND SET. if a player has a bad pre season his mental is going to be messed up

NYYCowboys
10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Here's hoping Jeremy Lin plays an entire season so we can stop anointing him as the next great PG after 20 something games, and calling him a bust after 6 preseason games. Sample size folks c'mon.

Kashmir13579
10-25-2012, 05:34 PM
It is alarming he's still talking about the injury.. I feel he's going to be a very good player, and poor shooting numbers in the preseason aren't going to discount that. I would still, at this very moment, take Jeremy over Felton. Without hesitation. Bloated 3rd year and all.

Jroz
10-25-2012, 05:54 PM
you going to boo? even though you probably loved him last year

how can you seriously make a comment about this..weren't you raving about Howard coming to the Nets...then he didnt, and then Lopez became the best center in the league over the night....such a joke dude

speaking of preseason, great game last night Lopez...half our big guys were out of the game and you still couldnt get double digits lol

BALLER R
10-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Also defenses are gonna focus in on Lin more let's see how it handles that this year.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-25-2012, 07:42 PM
No matter what he does people will hate.. Good numbers on a bad team if he produces and if he fails he's always been a bust.. Either way his stretch in ny was the best stretch of Knicks basketball in years... Knicks fans bashing him when he helped save the season should be ashamed. I see why other fan bases hate us.. Lol

b@llhog24
10-25-2012, 07:56 PM
its a new system with new teammates, give it time. listening to the houston beat writers, it sounds like even if he hasnt been scoring at a high clip, he's been the catalyst of the offense. he's making it work and opening things for guys off a quick 2nd or 3rd pass. he'll be fine

Bingo.

Still better than Deron's stint in Utah.

D-Leethal
10-25-2012, 08:29 PM
To be honest with you I'm surprised as **** how poorly he's played. Not really sure what to think, but I will give it more time before writing him off thats for sure.

justinnum1
10-25-2012, 09:08 PM
no surprise here.

Jesse2272
10-25-2012, 09:39 PM
No judge

Ill wait to the real season

Blitzace137
10-25-2012, 09:45 PM
No matter what he does people will hate.. Good numbers on a bad team if he produces and if he fails he's always been a bust.. Either way his stretch in ny was the best stretch of Knicks basketball in years... Knicks fans bashing him when he helped save the season should be ashamed. I see why other fan bases hate us.. Lol

lol right I don't know why any single Knick fan would hate on the guy we expected nothing from him, Lin helped salvage our season. Anyways it's the preseason peoples doubted him his whole career I expect him to keep proving the scouts and haters wrong.

I expect him to be like Tony Parker the guy who's never mentioned with the elites but always beats them and wins games.

Blitzace137
10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
To be honest with you I'm surprised as **** how poorly he's played. Not really sure what to think, but I will give it more time before writing him off thats for sure.

He's had a bad time shooting the ball over the preseason other than that he's done pretty good job running the offense and limiting TO. He' only had one high TO game this preseason which was the last game. We shall see once the season starts and the games count I think that's when he'll start playing like he did last season.

John Walls Era
10-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Its the same thing in these Lin threads. But I guess I'll be objective. Lin will probably never be a starter on a great team. BUT that doesn't mean he sucks. He can be a solid contributer off the bench. Hes a subpar starter with some potential.

Blitzace137
10-25-2012, 10:34 PM
^^^ This is why J-Kidd would be great for Lin's development i don't know why Rockets had to overpay for Lin when they had a solid PG in Lowry already. I don't care how bad his relationship was with the coach you find a way to work it out with a player like that. Lin would have been better suited as a knick under Kidd.

jam
10-26-2012, 01:15 AM
It'd be funny as sh-- seeing Lin's haters: a bunch of fat, pimply faced, sweaty teen nerds addicted to WoW.

Every semi-literate teen loser from ny/nj who jerks it to carmelo and brook lopez posters posts umpteen times hatin' on J Lin. So pathetic. :D

Cromedome
10-26-2012, 01:24 AM
No surprise here. I play basketball and know a fraud when I see one.

Andrew32
10-26-2012, 01:44 AM
To be honest I hope he fails.
I am a Knick fan and I feel he screwed us over due to greedyness.

However from a non-biased standpoint the kid is skilled.
He has decent court vision and nice form on his shot.

Assuming he fully recovers and doesn't continue to have injury issues I think he'll be at worst a good player in this league.

Blitzace137
10-26-2012, 01:54 AM

lol you play basketball :laugh2: so what? That's why he's in the NBA and your what playing pickup games at your local park. Your a hater Cromedome it's obvious it's cool though you're entitled to your opinion.

Guppyfighter
10-26-2012, 01:59 AM

Assuming he fully recovers and doesn't continue to have injury issues I think he'll be at worst a good player in this league.

Dude, he was a RFA. He signed an offer sheet. He didn't choose to leave the Knicks, the Knicks didn't match.

Seriously, it's a ****ing business. He's not going to leave 25 million on the table for the Knicks cause.

Cromedome
10-26-2012, 02:31 AM
lol you play basketball :laugh2: so what? That's why he's in the NBA and your what playing pickup games at your local park. Your a hater Cromedome it's obvious it's cool though you're entitled to your opinion.

lol. You have NO idea who I am or where/who I play basketball with.

That's the funny part.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-26-2012, 02:37 AM

That's the funny part.

You play the basketball with Iman Shumplin, yes?

heyman321
10-26-2012, 02:41 AM

How does he owe them anything?? LOL. It should be the other way around. He has looked decent with the assists and rebounds but still a huge TO machine.

Guppyfighter
10-26-2012, 02:48 AM

That's the funny part.

If you are Carmelo Anthony we don't give a ****.

Andrew32
10-26-2012, 02:48 AM
How does he owe them anything?? LOL. It should be the other way around. He has looked decent with the assists and rebounds but still a huge TO machine.

He seems like a good kid.
I don't wish him any harm I am just saying I wouldn't feel bad if he failed.

Didn't the Knicks offer him pretty much the max but he did some shady $*** so that the Rockets could offer him even more through some weird deal.

I feel "we" "the Knicks" gave him a chance and that "chance" is why he is getting paid now.

If not for us who knows if he would have even been discovered yet... or ever.

Maybe I am wrong and if I was in his position I'd go for the extra money especially since its his first big contract but still... I can understand why some Knick fans have a bad taste in their mouth.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-26-2012, 02:49 AM
If you are Carmelo Anthony we don't give a ****.

No, I am Carmelo Anthony. He me roar....

rawr!

Zefflin
10-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Sooo have we come to the conclusion that Lin is/was overrated then?? ok...goooooddddd

Guppyfighter
10-26-2012, 02:59 AM

Didn't the Knicks offer him pretty much the max but he did some shady $*** so that the Rockets could offer him even more through some weird deal.

I feel "we" "the Knicks" gave him a chance and that "chance" is why he is getting paid now.

Maybe I am wrong and if I was in his position I'd go for the extra money especially since its his first big contract but still... I can understand why some Knick fans have a bad taste in their mouth.

Knicks tried to lowball him. They told him to test his market value.

topdog
10-26-2012, 03:08 AM
This is what people were trying to tell New York fans all through Linsanity - he had a hot streak and a coach running plays for him.

The reason New York got bashed for not re-signing him is because 1st and foremost they said that they'd match anything and basically sent him off to find his offer (which they then didn't match) and also because he was a god one minute to Knicks fans and then the next it was "good riddance."

heyman321
10-26-2012, 03:16 AM

He's 24, he's not going to turn down millions of dollars, NOBODY would. It's also not as if he went to Houston's management team and said "screw the Knicks over with this contract". 1) The Knicks are already cap-screwed and will be until all three of your star contracts are over. 2) All he did was accept more money.

Why didn't the Knicks just give him a larger contract in the first place? They EXPLICITLY told him to TEST THE MARKET. So by your logic, the Knicks essentially lied. They LIED and didn't match any other offer a team would give him.

And "you" the Knicks didn't give him a chance. If by giving him a chance you mean the Knicks signed a random point guard (could have been anyone else) to an unguaranteed contract for insurance that when three of your point guards went down (Bibby, Baron Davis) or were so crap (Toney Douglas) that they had NO OTHER CHOICE to play him unless you wanted Jared Jefferies or Shumpert or Steve Novak playing point guard, and then he inexplicably guided the Knicks to 6 straight wins (or was it 7?) and got you guys back to .500 and back in the playoff race while making your team the toast of attention of the entire earth, then yeah, I guess you could say you guys gave him a shot.

Zefflin
10-26-2012, 03:18 AM
He's 24, he's not going to turn down millions of dollars, NOBODY would.

Unless you were Neo..

DreamShaker
10-26-2012, 03:38 AM
It is not encouraging, but he really needs more time. He is in a better situation in Houston where he can afford to make more mistakes. Playing with guys like Melo, Stat, Kidd, and Chandler, they needed a vet who doesnt need to do as much.

JoyRide
10-26-2012, 06:52 AM

you're MVP in NBA2k13, don't you? can i have your signature? ;)

Blitzace137
10-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Funny when Lin has a good game all the haters are nowhere to be found.

lakerboy
10-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Lin and the Rockets are looking pretty good... In fact, they probably will be better than Jeremy's old team. :)

Blitzace137
10-31-2012, 08:27 PM
^^ I told people to wait for the regular season. Harden and Lin are looking solid so far.

John Walls Era
10-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Of course a Knicks fan would TRY to make Lin look bad. But its no use, Ray Felton will make any other PG look good.

jam
10-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Of course a Knicks fan would TRY to make Lin look bad. But its no use, Ray Felton will make any other PG look good.

Or at least skinny. :)

blastmasta26
10-31-2012, 10:53 PM

:laugh::rolleyes:

Michael ****ing Jordan played basketball too. Look at what a fine job he's done in building a team.

topdog
10-31-2012, 11:16 PM
^^ I told people to wait for the regular season. Harden and Lin are looking solid so far.

Solid is not what Linsanity was all about though. Lin is pretty much an average NBA pg. No more. No less.

alexander_37
10-31-2012, 11:20 PM
He is still really young.. But you are right no 24 year old player has ever gotten better :rolleyes:

John Walls Era
10-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Solid is not what Linsanity was all about though. Lin is pretty much an average NBA pg. No more. No less.

yeah its impossible to get better.

Driven
10-31-2012, 11:33 PM
I think it's pretty crazy to say anything about the type of player Lin is. We just don't know at this point. He's a talented guy who can by dynamic at times, but has many faults as well. He hasn't played many games. There's not much to go off of to project him.

jam
10-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Jesus, the guy's coming off meniscus surgery. He's not going to have his game conditioning back for at least a couple of months.

He's also on his 3rd head coach in less than a year.

Haters gonna hate.

Oh wait, +23.

mightybosstone
11-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Watching him tonight, there's definitely glimpses of brilliance. He had four steals and some absolutely disgusting passes for dunks and layups, but there were also some bad turnovers and times he drove into traffic when he shouldn't have. Right now I think he's probably just an average point guard who turns the ball over a little too much. But I think playing with Harden will definitely make him a better basketball player in the long run. And if he can improve his outside shooting, that will do wonders for his game.

jam
11-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Watching him tonight, there's definitely glimpses of brilliance. He had four steals and some absolutely disgusting passes for dunks and layups, but there were also some bad turnovers and times he drove into traffic when he shouldn't have. Right now I think he's probably just an average point guard who turns the ball over a little too much. But I think playing with Harden will definitely make him a better basketball player in the long run. And if he can improve his outside shooting, that will do wonders for his game.

It's impossible to draw conclusions at this point. His upside is tremendous. He'll play his way back into shape over the next few months, but at this point, I like his game planning: erring on the side of being conservative, and playing within a team concept rather than forcing the action.

JLin will be a beast in the second half of the season, going forward.

If Rubio had a season debut like this, the fanboys would be in a giant circle jerk: +23!!!! He's pistol pete!!!!

John Walls Era
11-01-2012, 12:15 AM

forgot the big picture: they had no time to implement plays for him and Harden.

alexander_37
11-01-2012, 12:18 AM

This x12392771393

mightybosstone
11-01-2012, 12:23 AM

Not for Harden, but Lin has been there the whole offseason. I'm optimistic on Lin, and I think he's got potential to be a 15/8 type guy or better. But there are quirks in his game he's really got to work on. And I still don't think he's 100 percent healthy yet.

Kashmir13579
11-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Jeremy is KILLING it in Houston.. Knicks ****ed themselves bigtime. Ray Felt aka scrub status!!!! Watch this turn into some curse of Jeremy Lin BS and we're still talking about it in 30 years!

As a Knick fan, THIS IS SOME ****ING BS.

heyman321
11-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Not for Harden, but Lin has been there the whole offseason. I'm optimistic on Lin, and I think he's got potential to be a 15/8 type guy or better. But there are quirks in his game he's really got to work on. And I still don't think he's 100 percent healthy yet.

It's clear that his knee is still bothering him, but that just needs time. He's going to be a total boss.

Kashmir13579
11-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Dolan is the worst owner in sports.

That is all.

Blitzace137
11-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Jeremy is KILLING it in Houston.. Knicks ****ed themselves bigtime. Ray Felt aka scrub status!!!! Watch this turn into some curse of Jeremy Lin BS and we're still talking about it in 30 years!

As a Knick fan, THIS IS SOME ****ING BS.

What are you talking about? WE have Ray Felton and have money saved from not signing Lin.. O wait :rolleyes: Amare is down now were expecting Felton to be the number 2 option. **** Dolan

Kashmir13579
11-01-2012, 12:35 AM
What are you talking about? WE have Ray Felton and have money saved from not signing Lin.. O wait :rolleyes: Amare is down now were expecting Felton to be the number 2 option. **** Dolan

:laugh:

That had me dying bro.. JR is a viable option for that as well. Easily second leading shots attempted.. 21ft step back babyjumpers all day!!!!

Prigs looks good. :eyebrow:

Blitzace137
11-01-2012, 12:44 AM
:laugh:

That had me dying bro.. JR is a viable option for that as well. Easily second leading shots attempted.. 21ft step back babyjumpers all day!!!!

Prigs looks good. :eyebrow:

lol I like Prigs he should start guy knows how to run an offense. Since were without Stat I'm expecting Felton to start and Prigs off the bench.

WhiteSoxGod
11-01-2012, 01:04 AM

Yeah just wait until they get more playing time together. :drool:

biglove44
11-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Lin has turnover issues but so do a lot of other people. People use it like a political talking point to justify why they think he's average, especially when they have nothing else to say. It's a new season, let's see how he does compared to other PG's as the season progresses.

Curry 3 ast and 4 TO 2 st
Dragic 8 ast 3 TO 3 st
Nash 4 ast 2 TO 1 st (In half the time that Lin plays)
Lillard 10 ast 5TO 1 st.
M Conley 5ast 6 TO 3 st.
Lin 8 ast 4 TO 4 st

torocan
11-01-2012, 03:33 AM
Yeah just wait until they get more playing time together. :drool:

Actually, that's what impressed me the most.

He's played with Harden for what? 2 days? And they look like they've been playing together for a year or two?

Then his team is 75% turned over... and he still put up a decent stat line.

If the rest of the team get their crap together and they really start gelling, I can easily see 7th or 8th seed... which is mindboggling with how young and inexperienced the Houston roster is.

rocketfuel
11-01-2012, 03:44 AM
He's getting his guy's the ball and is a threat to score too. Harden is getting his passes just fine.

jam
11-01-2012, 04:21 AM
Lin has turnover issues but so do a lot of other people. People use it like a political talking point to justify why they think he's average, especially when they have nothing else to say. It's a new season, let's see how he does compared to other PG's as the season progresses.

Curry 3 ast and 4 TO 2 st
Dragic 8 ast 3 TO 3 st
Nash 4 ast 2 TO 1 st (In half the time that Lin plays)
Lillard 10 ast 5TO 1 st.
M Conley 5ast 6 TO 3 st.
Lin 8 ast 4 TO 4 st

The TO line is just baiting from the perennial losers who troll basketball forums and jeremy lin threads.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were actually just two or three people with 50 accounts. :)

rocketfuel
11-01-2012, 04:45 AM
Probably from NY. :)

mightybosstone
11-01-2012, 11:53 AM
The TO line is just baiting from the perennial losers who troll basketball forums and jeremy lin threads.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were actually just two or three people with 50 accounts. :)

I'm a Rockets fan and certainly not a troll, but I'm willing to admit that Lin needs to work on his turnover issue. Per 36 minutes, Lin would have led the league in turnovers per game last season. Deron Williams turned it over the most last season on average, or 4 times per 36.3 minutes, while Lin averaged 4.1 TO per 36 minutes last year.

I think he can certainly improve in that area and that most young point guards have issues with turnovers. But he needs to not try and force the issue so much with some passes and not drive into traffic as often as he does.

biglove44
11-01-2012, 12:47 PM
It's impossible to draw conclusions at this point. His upside is tremendous. He'll play his way back into shape over the next few months, but at this point, I like his game planning: erring on the side of being conservative, and playing within a team concept rather than forcing the action.

JLin will be a beast in the second half of the season, going forward.

If Rubio had a season debut like this, the fanboys would be in a giant circle jerk: +23!!!! He's pistol pete!!!!

For an "average" player with an average salary he sure gets a lot of criticism. To members on this forum and a good chunk of Rockets online posters (have you been to their main site?), it almost seems like he's the only player that at the age of 24, has the least upside.

Personally, I don't see Lin staying in Houston past his 3 year contract. On a side note, what's funny is a good number of Rockets fans have the most unrealistic expectations, "If Lin can average 18/8, then he'll be good enough, and it'll justify why we let Dragic go." Are you kidding me? 18/8 are all-star numbers, there are very few PG's who average 18/8. Talk about delusion. PG's making 8mil/year don't even average 14/7.

I look forward to seeing Lin develop. Enjoy it, he's not going to be in HOU forever.

SLY WILLIAMS
11-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Lin will probably going to be fine. Despite not being drafted he shot very solid percentages in college. He is a good shooter not the one he was in preseason. His shot will come back to him. He has good vision. He just needs 6-12 months more to fully rehab that knee. Guys can play on bad knees but that doesn't mean they are back 100% yet. How many games has Gordon missed with what they said was a minor knee issue in the last year?

mightybosstone
11-01-2012, 01:22 PM
For an "average" player with an average salary he sure gets a lot of criticism. To members on this forum and a good chunk of Rockets online posters (have you been to their main site?), it almost seems like he's the only player that at the age of 24, has the least upside.

Personally, I don't see Lin staying in Houston past his 3 year contract. On a side note, what's funny is a good number of Rockets fans have the most unrealistic expectations, "If Lin can average 18/8, then he'll be good enough, and it'll justify why we let Dragic go." Are you kidding me? 18/8 are all-star numbers, there are very few PG's who average 18/8. Talk about delusion. PG's making 8mil/year don't even average 14/7.

I look forward to seeing Lin develop. Enjoy it, he's not going to be in HOU forever.
A couple of things I'd like to address. First, in terms of expectations, I honestly think 18/8 is a little generous for a 24-year-old playing in his first full season as a starter and coming off a knee injury. But I don't know that many Rockets fans who think he's going to put up numbers like that this season. But you know who does? ESPN's John Hollinger. Go read some of his articles about predictions for this season and he's mentioned a number of times that Lin could put up very legit numbers. I can't remember, but I think I've actually seen him mention 18/8 at least once.

Second, I think it's unfair to assume he won't stay in Houston. If he proves to be a very good player and Harden proves to be a superstar, than this Rockets team has a ton of potential. They're one or two pieces away from being a contender in a couple of years, and if they're successful, he's playing well and making tons of endorsement dollars, why would he leave? The Rockets have proven that they'll pay more than market value to keep him, and they'll do it again if he proves to be an above average PG who meshes well with Harden, Parsons and company.

biglove44
11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
A couple of things I'd like to address. First, in terms of expectations, I honestly think 18/8 is a little generous for a 24-year-old playing in his first full season as a starter and coming off a knee injury. But I don't know that many Rockets fans who think he's going to put up numbers like that this season. But you know who does? ESPN's John Hollinger. Go read some of his articles about predictions for this season and he's mentioned a number of times that Lin could put up very legit numbers. I can't remember, but I think I've actually seen him mention 18/8 at least once.

Second, I think it's unfair to assume he won't stay in Houston. If he proves to be a very good player and Harden proves to be a superstar, than this Rockets team has a ton of potential. They're one or two pieces away from being a contender in a couple of years, and if they're successful, he's playing well and making tons of endorsement dollars, why would he leave? The Rockets have proven that they'll pay more than market value to keep him, and they'll do it again if he proves to be an above average PG who meshes well with Harden, Parsons and company.

I said a good portion of Rockets' online(ie. forum) fans can't get over Dragic/Lowry and you see them say things like I mentioned. They say he's average, overpaid and should average 18/8 to justify Dragic/Lowry leaving. They don't believe he's going to average 18/8 (bc average/overpaid players don't avg those numbers) but they say he should. It's a lose-lose situation. It'll be a common theme on that forum along with borderline, racist baiting terms like LOF.

I believe Hollinger said 18/7. I think that prediction is too high, considering Lin will have far fewer possessions. The team isn't built to have Lin average 18/7 an entire season. Harden will be the focal point/playmaker/possession guy and the rest of the guys will share/distribute the ball pretty evenly.

You said the Rockets have proven to pay above market value. IMO, Lin was not over paid and he'll prove over the length of his contract that the Rockets actually got him below market value. I don't think management values Lin the way I think he should be valued, and that'll probably be the reason why he leaves(there was a recent article that said Les pushed for Lin and mngt wasn't as high on him). I don't think they value him now and I don't think they'll value him in 3 years either. A lot of teams, scouts, fans don't value Lin though so I understand where you're coming from. I have a higher view of the kid than you do, so that's why I feel the way I do.

Also, he's not driven by endorsements deals. If there was ever a time for him to cash in on those endorsements, it would have been last year. He could have had 100's but chose 3 (noted from his SI article). At this point, he's his own brand.

mightybosstone
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I said a good portion of Rockets' online(ie. forum) fans can't get over Dragic/Lowry and you see them say things like what I mentioned. It's odd, they call him average and overpaid, even though he's making an average, pg salary and say that he should average 18/8 to justify Dragic/Lowry leaving. They don't believe he's going to average 18/8 but they say he should. It's a lose-lose situation. It'll be a common theme along with borderline, racist baiting terms like LOF.
Okay, I see what you're saying. I misunderstood you the first time around, I think. Personally, I think he needs to be at least an average point guard putting up 14/6 to justify letting Lowry and Dragic walk, but I think that's a very realistic expectation and possibly his floor. I also think that anyone who expects him to be a superstar is really overrating his abilities. I think he could develop into a pretty solid No. 3 option offensively and a pretty good playmaking PG for a contending team.

I believe Hollinger said 18/7. I think that prediction is too high, considering Lin will have far fewer possessions. The team isn't built to have Lin average 18/7 an entire season. Harden will be the focal point/playmaker/possession guy and the rest of the guys will share/distribute the ball pretty evenly.
I don't think he'll average 18 points per game, but I also don't think it's completely out of the question either. Watching that game last night, it was pretty clear that he and Harden are the only two guys on the roster who can create for themselves and actively seek out scoring opportunities. Parsons can create for himself, but rarely tries to.

For this Rockets team to be any good this year, I think other scorers have to step up, but if they don't, I could see Lin being the clear cut No. 2 guy and occasionally dropping 20+ on teams.

nycericanguy
11-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Yea in watching that game last night I think Lin will have the chance to average 18ppg, will he is a different question, but outside of Harden, its clear HOU doesn't have alot of shot creators.

I did notice Harden has taken the ball of Lin's hands alot though, and based on experience Harden is probably the better playmaker right now.

I was impressed with Harden last night, and Lin played well too all around, although not very efficiently offensively. It was against DET though so I'm def curious to see what they do against a non lottery team.

RonE Coleman
11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Are my fellow Knick fans really complaining about letting Lin go?

We are going to get the same production if not better production from Felton for 20 million less and no more sideshow crap that Lin brought with him (although none of that was his fault ill admit).

biglove44
11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Yea in watching that game last night I think Lin will have the chance to average 18ppg, will he is a different question, but outside of Harden, its clear HOU doesn't have alot of shot creators.

I did notice Harden has taken the ball of Lin's hands alot though, and based on experience Harden is probably the better playmaker right now.

I was impressed with Harden last night, and Lin played well too all around, although not very efficiently offensively. It was against DET though so I'm def curious to see what they do against a non lottery team.

I agree but I thought he was pretty efficient distributing the ball, considering he had far fewer possessions than Harden.

biglove44
11-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Okay, I see what you're saying. I misunderstood you the first time around, I think. Personally, I think he needs to be at least an average point guard putting up 14/6 to justify letting Lowry and Dragic walk, but I think that's a very realistic expectation and possibly his floor. I also think that anyone who expects him to be a superstar is really overrating his abilities. I think he could develop into a pretty solid No. 3 option offensively and a pretty good playmaking PG for a contending team.

I don't think he'll average 18 points per game, but I also don't think it's completely out of the question either. Watching that game last night, it was pretty clear that he and Harden are the only two guys on the roster who can create for themselves and actively seek out scoring opportunities. Parsons can create for himself, but rarely tries to.

For this Rockets team to be any good this year, I think other scorers have to step up, but if they don't, I could see Lin being the clear cut No. 2 guy and occasionally dropping 20+ on teams.

Who has said that Lin is going to be a superstar? To me a superstar is someone like CP3/James/Durant. That's not Lin. The majority of people who bring up superstar and Lin in the same sentence are the those who think he's overrated.

John Walls Era
11-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Are my fellow Knick fans really complaining about letting Lin go?

We are going to get the same production if not better production from Felton for 20 million less and no more sideshow crap that Lin brought with him (although none of that was his fault ill admit).

Knicks are the sideshow to the BROOKLYN Nets.