PDA

View Full Version : Early MIP candidates?

DreamShaker
10-25-2012, 01:22 AM
I am aware that it is only preseason, but who looks to have made drastic improvements during the offseason? I think Deandre Jordan looks much improved. He can actually make shots outside the paint! He is the key to the Clips making a leap this year, to me. He was pretty mediocre last year, but looks primed to make a leap into a legit factor this year. What do yall think?

mvb815
10-25-2012, 01:25 AM
jordan is probably the safest bet, but even that's not saying much considering nothing has started.

hopefully bargnani or derozan

D12 fan
10-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Paul George

Clippersfan86
10-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Eric Bledsoe is a teammate of his who can win it with enough minutes. I said long time ago that Bledsoe and Jordan are the two X Factors on the team and lucky for the Clippers they improved more than any other Clippers players along with Blake. Basically the young core of the team all improved.

spreadeagle
10-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Derozan, Jeff Green, Asik,....total homer pick as well but John Lucas has been playing amazing for the Raptors, I cant believe he is our third string PG. The guy is a lights out shooter with very high bball IQ

Raps18-19 Champ
10-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Omer Asik will flourish getting starters minutes.

DreamShaker
10-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Omer Asik will flourish getting starters minutes.

I hope so. They paid him enough.

DreamShaker
10-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Derozan, Jeff Green, Asik,....total homer pick as well but John Lucas has been playing amazing for the Raptors, I cant believe he is our third string PG. The guy is a lights out shooter with very high bball IQ

I would be shocked if he won anything, but I respect his game, and how far he has come. Ive followed his career since college, and there were plenty of times I thought his NBA career was done, even though I knew he could play. Dude has persevered.

PleaseBeNice
10-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Im possibly seeing james johnson or isaiah thomsas

STL Don
10-25-2012, 02:03 AM
pg - Jrue Holiday, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Ty Lawson

sg - Evan Turner, Iman Shumpert, OJ Mayo, DeMar DeRozan, Klay Thompson, Paul George

sf - Kawhi Leonard, Nicolas Batum, Tyreke Evans

pf - Tristan Thompson, Ersan Ilyasova, Serge Ibaka, Derrick Favors

C - Greg Monroe, Roy Hibbert, DeAndre Jordan, JaValle McGee,

Rylz
10-25-2012, 02:16 AM
I've only really paid attention to Jazz games, but no one expected Enes Kanter to play as well as he's doing. Given, a lot can change between preseason and regular season, but his name should be in the discussion.

P Harvy
10-25-2012, 03:01 AM
Chase Budinger

Sactown
10-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Homer pick is Tyreke Evans
Other pick is Evan Turner

lakerboy
10-25-2012, 03:08 AM
I've only really paid attention to Jazz games, but no one expected Enes Kanter to play as well as he's doing. Given, a lot can change between preseason and regular season, but his name should be in the discussion.

Disagree in a sense that everybody whose seen Kanter play knows he is going to be a star. Problem with Utah is the GMs wont trade Millsap or Al Jef to give Kanter and Favors minutes. This is a good problem to have though.

xcrisisx
10-25-2012, 03:21 AM
the underperformers of the class of 2008
mayo and beasly

MadVillainZay
10-25-2012, 03:46 AM
Gerald Green.

ewing
10-25-2012, 09:27 AM
I would be shocked if he won anything, but I respect his game, and how far he has come. Ive followed his career since college, and there were plenty of times I thought his NBA career was done, even though I knew he could play. Dude has persevered.

I've followed Lucus since OK too. He was always a leader and good player. I remember when Van Gundy gave him a shot in Houston and he played great. Then somehow he couldn't catch on anywhere again.

YoungOne
10-25-2012, 09:37 AM

yeah, he was beasting at times, could be a double-double machine given the minutes.

Hitman21
10-25-2012, 09:45 AM
Asik

Gram
10-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Eric Bledsoe is a teammate of his who can win it with enough minutes. I said long time ago that Bledsoe and Jordan are the two X Factors on the team and lucky for the Clippers they improved more than any other Clippers players along with Blake. Basically the young core of the team all improved.

:facepalm:

Do you like any players outside of the Clippers?

TheIlladelph16
10-25-2012, 10:21 AM

sg - Evan Turner, Iman Shumpert, OJ Mayo, DeMar DeRozan, Klay Thompson, Paul George

This list is pretty good. All of them seem poised to make a leap this season.

sixer04fan
10-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Homer Pick Warning - I think the Sixers have a few good candidates:

Jrue Holiday obviously could take a monster leap to fringe-allstar status. Evan Turner has the potential, and has a huge margin of possible improvement because he's starting off so low. Doug Collins has been talking about how he'd like to see Nick Young in the running for MIP this year, so he's set up nicely. And Dorrell Wright is going to have a big role, and has looked incredible so far. Not to mention if Lavoy Allen can solidify himself as a starter, he could approach double-double numbers. As a second round pick from last year, he's adjusted very well to the NBA and has become a very solid player.

Ezio
10-25-2012, 12:17 PM
John Wall with Beal and Nene.

I Rock Shaqs
10-25-2012, 12:36 PM
:facepalm:

Do you like any players outside of the Clippers?

Have you have ever listened to the commentators from the Clippers games it's ridiculous.

Hawkeye15
10-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Asik is a safe bet, I think he will be a top 4-5 rebounder, and if he can simply score 10 a night and be in the top 5ish category for blocks, I pick him.

But, lets get the season started, and see who steps up. Preseason is impossible to judge, with coaches holding guys out for nothing, and players minutes being so inconsistent.

ZHawk1123
10-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Michael Beasley, Tyreke Evans, DeAndre Jordan, Demar Derozan.

I'm going with Jeff Green though. He is going to play a huge role for the Celtics this season and I could see him averaging 15ppg, 6 reb and 3 assists a game while playing good defense as he worked heavily on it in the offseason.

Jetsguy
10-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Felton could run away with hit if he plays this time around like he did the 1st with the Knicks given his season last year.

popo85
10-25-2012, 03:08 PM

Nice list i'll add Kanter, he is a rebounding machine if they can split the mins between the 4 bigs in Utah he will put up solid numbers

popo85
10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Have you have ever listened to the commentators from the Clippers games it's ridiculous.

Smith sucks he referred Bledsoe's play yesterday to MJ's 91' lay up reverse:facepalm:

Ares
10-25-2012, 03:29 PM

Pathetic.

Klay Thompson will probably end up winning it.

TylerSL
10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Norris Cole

j/k

really I would say Omer Asik or Kawhi Leonard.

bigsams50
10-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Jrue Holiday, John Wall, Kemba Walker, Jeff Green

keetyweedy
10-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Mayo or kaman