jkiddvc20
10-24-2012, 04:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrMvuaUXMkk&feature=plcp

asandhu23
10-24-2012, 04:42 PM
:clap:

Nomar
10-24-2012, 04:42 PM
That's great, but he also shaved about 20 points per game off of my fantasy team.

minnesotaloyal
10-24-2012, 04:58 PM
very nice!

Cromedome
10-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Great message but this would have meant more if Larry Fitzgerald shaved off his maine.

iliketurtles24
10-24-2012, 04:59 PM
cool, not that he had much to shave off anyways...

carruthers32
10-24-2012, 05:02 PM
that's great, but he also shaved about 20 points per game off of my fantasy team.

lmao

PurpleJesus
10-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Great message but this would have meant more if Larry Fitzgerald shaved off his maine.

I could see him doing it in a follow up video. That would definitely bring a lot of attention to it. Imagine how many people will be watching the Cardinals take the 49ers on on Monday Night Football this week, and how many people would notice the hair not hanging out of Larry's helmet...and how much attention the commentators would bring to it.

seikou8
10-24-2012, 05:40 PM
wow

knicks=love
10-24-2012, 05:46 PM
kevin love has just gained so much respect from me for doing this. i really do love when professional athletes do these kinds of things. shows that they're not stuck up in their own little world worrying about what drug to buy next.

:clap: great job kevin love

Chill_Will_24
10-24-2012, 06:07 PM
I love Kevin Love and what he did. I love when athletes show they care. Deron Williams is doing something similar but he is instead getting a ridiculous tattoo if his charity reaches $100,000

Idk though. I guess i'm conflicted.

One the one hand you wonder why these athletes, instead of shaving their heads, getting tattoos, and wearing pink sneakers; why don't they put up some money themselves?

However on the other hand, thee athletes are so popular that just by promoting their charity they can generate a lot of money so i guess you could argue that they do not need to donate anything because the money would not be generated without them.

Not applying this to Kevin Love or any athlete in general. Just a random thought i had. I notice so many athletes doing nice little gimmick things for good causes but not so many actually donating their own money.

leprechaun5
10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
retweet like and share .

NYKnicksAllDay
10-24-2012, 06:15 PM
I love Kevin Love and what he did. I love when athletes show they care. Deron Williams is doing something similar but he is instead getting a ridiculous tattoo if his charity reaches $100,000

One the one hand you wonder why these athletes, instead of shaving their heads, getting tattoos, and wearing pink sneakers; why don't they put up some money themselves?

However on the other hand, thee athletes are so popular that just by promoting their charity they can generate a lot of money so i guess you could argue that they do not need to donate anything because the money would not be generated without them.

Not applying this to Kevin Love or any athlete in general. Just a random thought i had. I notice so many athletes doing nice little gimmick things for good causes but not so many actually donating their own money.

It sounded like he was saying that him and Fitz would both donate 25 cents for each retweet and facebook like it got.

D.O.N.
10-24-2012, 06:20 PM

Well in this case Love actually offered his money(if i understood it right)...But i see your point.

I think they donate money, but it's not getting us much attention like something like this.

what if Love simply offers 100k for charity you would say: Okay. But an act like this will attract a lot of attention

Greedy22
10-24-2012, 06:20 PM
This is awesome :clap:

JasonJohnHorn
10-24-2012, 06:27 PM
People better watch the fawk out now that Kevin is bald. Bald= bad@$$.... I remember when Matt gieger shaved his hair off, he went from scrub to stud. Kevin Love is going to be averaging 30/20 with his hair shaved.

PleaseBeNice
10-24-2012, 06:28 PM
This does nothing

popo85
10-24-2012, 06:36 PM
props

Hawkeye15
10-24-2012, 06:39 PM

Tons of them do, these types of things are simply to bring more awareness to those that may not otherwise pay attention, or think to donate.

knicks=love
10-24-2012, 06:44 PM

the only thing i can think of is that maybe they want to be perceived as a normal human being instead of some professional athlete so shaving his head was just a sign to everyone out there that having an insane amount of money doesn't mean everything. obviously dishing out money would've been the easier thing to do, but i like his creativity and the balls he had to do it. i would hate to shave my head. i'd look like an idiot, but some people can pull it off.

knicks=love
10-24-2012, 06:45 PM
This does nothing

you're ignorant

topdog
10-24-2012, 06:47 PM
He looks like Marcin Gortat now :)

Always nice to see those with fame using it for positive good.

Ill21
10-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Sweet move by Love. Fitz is a class act as well.

Kenny
10-24-2012, 07:10 PM
People asking about Fitz. I remember awhile back they said he has the long hair for his mom and he isn't cutting it till his career is over.

Nomar
10-24-2012, 07:18 PM
This does nothing

Of course the guy with the Cousins avi says this :facepalm:

JNoel
10-24-2012, 08:05 PM
:clap: he did look like a Mexican mafia member after he was shaved and painted though.

JNA17
10-24-2012, 08:27 PM
While very awesome of Love, he didn't have much to shave off. Now if this was someone like Kyle Korver, Dirk, Nash, Pau and Marc Gasol, etc.

Hawkeye15
10-24-2012, 08:29 PM
While very awesome of Love, he didn't have much to shave off. Now if this was someone like Kyle Korver, Dirk, Nash, Pau and Marc Gasol, etc.

well, Dirk shaves his head to begin every season, and then refuses to get a haircut until summer haha.

Korver has Two and a Half Men episodes to film, can't get rid of the do

JNA17
10-24-2012, 08:30 PM
well, Dirk shaves his head to begin every season, and then refuses to get a haircut until summer haha.

Oh really? I didn't know that lol. I hardly ever saw him with short hair. :p

But anyway, much respect to Love. :clap:

b@llhog24
10-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Nice gesture by Love. Although not to take credit away from it, I would have loved to see LeBron do this.

PleaseBeNice
10-25-2012, 12:31 AM
you're ignorant

Sorry. Not buying into the idea that shaving your head accomplishes anything

Ezio
10-25-2012, 12:32 AM

Korver has Two and a Half Men episodes to film, can't get rid of the do

I don't think Kunis likes bald heads.

bbcmillionaire
10-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Im about to retweet this like it and everything, supporting breast cancer and the bulls future PF

Chill_Will_24
10-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Well in this case Love actually offered his money(if i understood it right)...But i see your point.

I think they donate money, but it's not getting us much attention like something like this.

what if Love simply offers 100k for charity you would say: Okay. But an act like this will attract a lot of attention

Right. I was not talking specifically about Love or this thing he is doing. I meant athletes in general

Chill_Will_24
10-25-2012, 01:17 AM
I really like Kevin Love. Very down to earth kid

PleaseBeNice
10-25-2012, 01:58 AM
I really like Kevin Love. Very down to earth kid

I agree

DreamShaker
10-25-2012, 01:58 AM
I am a fan of any fight against cancer, but breast cancer seems to get a billion times more attention than any other cancer. I would like to see more awareness for all types of cancer, especially in children.

thechom80
10-25-2012, 02:33 AM
Nice gesture by Love. Although not to take credit away from it, I would have loved to see LeBron do this.

I think charities would gladly pay LeBron to rid us all from seeing that brutal hairline.

Good on Love and Fitz! Like that ****, share that ****, retweet that ****!! Let's save second base!!

P Harvy
10-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Was it just me or did Kevin Love just have some major swag in that video? It's almost like he was a sex goddess or something

Damn he's a beast.

thechom80
10-25-2012, 02:51 AM
I hate the word "swag".

P Harvy
10-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Couldn't think of another word to use. I am not a huge fan of it either but that word stuck out here for me.

xcrisisx
10-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Sorry. Not buying into the idea that shaving your head accomplishes anything

recieve media attention
=
breast cancer awareness

JasonJohnHorn
10-25-2012, 07:22 AM
I am a fan of any fight against cancer, but breast cancer seems to get a billion times more attention than any other cancer. I would like to see more awareness for all types of cancer, especially in children.

This is so true. Breast cancer is one of the most identifiable cancers, there is a high awareness, early detection and, compared to other cancers, it is perhaps the most easily treated. There are SO many other cancers that once you get it, are essentially a death sentence that need research funds and they just can't seem to generate it the way breast cancer groups do.

Great cause, don't get me wrong, but as far as cancers go, breast cancer is one of the most treatable.

olrales
10-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Now, let's keep only a stach in your face mister Love for the Movember to support prostate cancer! I'll be keepin mine!

Losoway
10-25-2012, 12:40 PM
he basically just wanted a haircut and some Pr

MrfadeawayJB
10-25-2012, 01:52 PM
class act

Chavacano
10-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Mad respect to Kevin Wesley Love. :clap:

ewing
10-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Doesn't he always shave his head?

PleaseBeNice
10-25-2012, 07:38 PM
recieve media attention
=
breast cancer awareness

awareness=cure?

TooMutch14
10-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Cool story and all, but not like he had much to shave off in the first place...

Losoway
10-26-2012, 12:00 AM
this was not a class act... larry fit should have shaved his dreads this was pure pr move