PDA

View Full Version : Nba tv

pinhead
10-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Is NBA TV any good? I bought it last night and was able to watch the OKC V Chicago game. The quality was good most of the time but it froze now and then.

It only costs me about 3.50(5 US dollars) a month.

Do you watch alot of it throughout the season?

Gibby23
10-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Is NBA TV any good? I bought it last night and was able to watch the OKC V Chicago game. The quality was good most of the time but it froze now and then.

It only costs me about 3.50(5 US dollars) a month.

Do you watch alot of it throughout the season?

You get a game every Tuesday and some on the weekends. Did you get the package or just NBA TV? They play past games and they fallow a team each year for a show called The Association. This year it is the Nets.

I Rock Shaqs
10-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Well it's definitely worth 3.50 a month if your a really big basketball fan but if your just into it casually I wouldn't bother.

koreancabbage
10-24-2012, 11:36 AM
i got NBA league pass. Great cuz I travel a lot for business. Hook it up to a TV and I got every single game including the Raps in HD. Hoping to catch some live games when i get to an NBA city this coming season

pinhead
10-24-2012, 11:37 AM
You get a game every Tuesday and some on the weekends. Did you get the package or just NBA TV? They play past games and they fallow a team each year for a show called The Association. This year it is the Nets.

Just NBA TV. The league pass would be great but I wouldn't be able to watch enough of it for the price it is.

Well it's definitely worth 3.50 a month if your a really big basketball fan but if your just into it casually I wouldn't bother.

I mainly got it for the matches. I am not a massive fan but I am looking to take a keener interest in it this year.

kduce
10-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Its not a great network, but its not terrible either. I've been watching the team previews, which breaks down each team and what changes they made over the off season. The Association is a cool show too, it follows a team through the season. They have another show where they pick a player and follow him along for a day or two to see what his life is like and of course they have some basketball to watch now and then too lol.

To be honest, I watch it a lot during the draft and the trade deadline, but It's one of those stations that I don't often flip to, but its not too expensive so I keep it for when they do happen to have something on worth watching.

JordansBulls
10-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I wish I could pay for channels like that with comcast.

Gibby23
10-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I wish I could pay for channels like that with comcast.

You can. I have comcast,

AsfanSince99
10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
I like it. It comes free with my cable package.

I like "Open Court". That show is really good and with all the personalities adding their unique touch, it is full of laughs, debates, and anecdotes of current and past NBA.

It's hosted by: Barkley, Shaq, Kenny the jet, Miller, Steve Smith, Kerr, and CWebb.

JordansBulls
10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
You can. I have comcast,

I mean I have the channel but I can't just pay for individual channels. I have to get a package of channels and only one of them includes NBA TV.

Gibby23
10-24-2012, 02:43 PM
I mean I have the channel but I can't just pay for individual channels. I have to get a package of channels and only one of them includes NBA TV.

Ya, It's like the sports package for like 5 bucks, but you get NFL Network and some other channels too. I like it because I watch some of the other channels for college games.

kduce
10-24-2012, 02:53 PM
I got it without the sports package, but I pay a lot for my cable and have one of the higher up plans. (I think the one with the most channels available... im a damn couch potato)

I signed up for Red Zone too as soon as football started, but I noticed that I used to get about 9 channels in the 700s that would let you watch the feed from other states if your team was playing out of town and not available locally you could see it there. It was kind of cool getting the other city's perspective on your team. I dont have those channels now, but I have NBATV and Red Zone so either they changed the package or I have a lower version of the package maybe?

Im on Comcast as well.

Pluvious
10-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I always watch for the NBA highlights on NBATV. Scores and highlights. That way you see only NBA and more of it...unlike ESPN. Its valuable just for that. Plus the other stuff people mentioned. One other big thing is they show a LOT more post game interviews on NBATV. You can watch all the interviews this way during the playoffs and "some" interviews during the season.

Great channel. If you are into the NBA not sure why you would not want it.

aman_13
10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Anybody wonder who the secret scout is? I'm thinking its Kenny.

envymamba24
10-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Fan night is cool so every Tuesday you'll have a decent game to watch

C_Mund
10-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I like it. It comes free with my cable package.

I like "Open Court". That show is really good and with all the personalities adding their unique touch, it is full of laughs, debates, and anecdotes of current and past NBA.

It's hosted by: Barkley, Shaq, Kenny the jet, Miller, Steve Smith, Kerr, and CWebb.

It is kinda cool to hear what they have to say but they're all getting to be so predictable. I wish we could see some other, maybe lesser known players in there once in a while to hear a different perspective.