PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James Gets Technical Foul For Flopping

Punk
10-24-2012, 01:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2y6UX_uRo&feature=player_embedded

Did he really deserve it? (aside from the Karma factor) and is a technical foul better way to end flopping rather than fines?

Another example from last season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfvK1alDdUk&feature=related

rhino17
10-24-2012, 01:50 AM
It wasn't any more exaggerated than what most offensive players do, but it was still exaggerated, so I don't have a problem with it. Lebron definitely does stuff way worse than that, but I still don't like it

Hawkeye15
10-24-2012, 01:55 AM
haha, that is a tech?

Half the league will be at the free throw line all night it this continues.

asandhu23
10-24-2012, 01:58 AM
finally. good ****, refs. :clap:

Super.
10-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Eh, exaggerated the contact? Sure

Flop? No not really

Greedy22
10-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Games are gonna be extra long now haha.

JNA17
10-24-2012, 02:01 AM
What!? Is this real!? Am I dreaming? Or Am I in the Matrix?

The refs gave a tech foul...to LEBRON!? Are you serious? And not just any tech, but a tech...for flopping! Mother of god...2012 is real...2012 IS ****ING REAL!

Seriously though, I'm actually glad the refs called him out on that one. And I don't mean call Lebron out really, but a ref actually seeing the flop happen and calling a player out on it.

Whoever that ref is, give him a raise and have him be the main ref for big NBA games instead of Joey Crawford.

airforceones25
10-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Terrible call. LeBron didn't get his moneys worth

JNA17
10-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Games are gonna be extra long now haha.

Good. I want a game called right, not a recklessly quick and called horribly game like the last...well almost decade have been like lol.

P Harvy
10-24-2012, 02:06 AM
This isn't ****ing serious is it? THAT WAS A FLOP? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

And people wondered what I meant when i said this flopping thing is going to cause problems because they call something like that a tech.. Just embarrassing for the league. Embarrassing for the game of basketball. I still cannot believe what I just saw. That wasn't even exaggerated. Just flat out pathetic.

airforceones25
10-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Good. I want a game called right, not a recklessly quick and called horribly game like the last...well almost decade have been like lol.

Except that is a terrible tech. If you call LeBron's hand going in the air a flop then 100% of the league flops.

On a side note. The hand in the air reminds me of the epic Pau Gasol moment. Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_qKSfWuymw

JLynn943
10-24-2012, 02:12 AM
That's a technical? Well, this is going to be a fun season. Record suspensions all around! :cheers:

JNA17
10-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Except that is a terrible tech. If you call LeBron's hand going in the air a flop then 100% of the league flops.

On a side note. The hand in the air reminds me of the epic Pau Gasol moment. Lol

Except Lebron is an physical freak. Lebron should not be exaggerating ANYTHING and should be just bulldozing his way to the rim 90% of the time when he drives. Unless he runs into Dwight Howard, their is nothing that can make Lebron look like he danced to Mombo number 5.

Also that video was not even a flop, that's just Gasol being soft which he's known to being lol. I also love how that video has way more dislikes then likes when the OP of the video was trying to be a troll lol.

PacersForLife
10-24-2012, 02:14 AM
That's karma for ya...

Teeboy1487
10-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Lebron did not flop to me but he did bulldoze the hell out of Henderson. It should have been an offensive foul instead of a tech.

JLynn943
10-24-2012, 02:16 AM
Except Lebron is an physical freak. Lebron should not be exaggerating ANYTHING and should be just bulldozing his way to the rim 90% of the time when he drives. Unless he runs into Dwight Howard, their is nothing that can make Lebron look like he danced to Mombo number 5.

Also that video was not even a flop, that's just Gasol being soft which he's known to being lol.

:eyebrow: He was hardly even touched, yet he flailed. That's a million times worse of a flop than this LeBron example.

JNA17
10-24-2012, 02:18 AM
:eyebrow: He was hardly even touched, yet he flailed. That's a million times worse of a flop than this LeBron example.

That's just Gasol being soft like that :(. Also interesting how that video even has more dislikes then likes with pretty much everybody commenting "where's the flop?" :eyebrow:

Lebron looked like he was doing the truffle shuffle (well not really). And he's an athletic freak.

KB24PG16
10-24-2012, 02:19 AM

this is epic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgADbmFLCM

JNA17
10-24-2012, 02:22 AM

Again, guys like him should never be getting away with this simply for their size and athletic ability alone. The guy trying to prove Gasol of being a flopper is just laughable.

naps
10-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Where did LeBron flop here again? Did I miss anything on this clip? It's probably an offensive/defensive foul. LeBron argued the foul and got tech. Simple as that. Close this piece of **** because the OP was wrong to begin with.

airforceones25
10-24-2012, 02:23 AM

Lol... at your attempt in trying to troll. :facepalm:

JNA17
10-24-2012, 02:23 AM
Where did LeBron flop here again? Did I miss anything on this clip? It's probably an offensive foul. LeBron argued the foul and got tech. Close this piece of **** because the OP was wrong to begin with.

Gotta take a chill pill there, the video itself referenced a ref calling a flop tech call (whether he actually did is questionable).

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 02:25 AM
The world is coming to an end.

12. 21. 12 :speechless:

JNA17
10-24-2012, 02:25 AM
Lol... at your attempt in trying to troll. :facepalm:

To be fair, you did post a video out of all the players in the NBA of Pau Gasol when this thread is solely about Lebron, the ref, and flopping.

So troll points for you and KB24 XD.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Just move on and accept it Heat fans. :pity:

SportsFanatic10
10-24-2012, 02:30 AM
Just move on and accept it Heat fans. :pity:

exactly, who cares? the heat won and its just a preseason game. the ref even admitted after the game that the wrong call was made.

topdog
10-24-2012, 02:31 AM
So, the call is kind of confused. Is it because Lebron made a hand gesture and stared at the ref because they said years ago that they were going to start cracking down on that and it does make the league look bad when players are telling refs what to call.

Knowledge
10-24-2012, 02:31 AM

Also that video was not even a flop, that's just Gasol being soft which he's known to being lol. I also love how that video has way more dislikes then likes when the OP of the video was trying to be a troll lol.

No matter how athletic he is, he isn't a robot. If he did some real flopping, I would be all for it, but this was a bad call.

If someone fouls you, and you are near the rim, then trying to go into an act of shooting can easily be mistaken for a flop. In this case, I think Lebron was naturally reacting to contact while trying to get a shot up when he heard the whistle.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 02:33 AM
exactly, who cares? the heat won and its just a preseason game. the ref even admitted after the game that the wrong call was made.

Although I think that whole scenario was really funny, there's really nothing big to it. There's just so much basketball to be played. It hasn't even begun.

This thread is for the llullz, nothing more.

Davidgta1
10-24-2012, 02:35 AM
I think it was just a Msg to the whole league

SportsFanatic10
10-24-2012, 02:36 AM
Although I think that whole scenario was really funny, there's really nothing big to it. There's just so much basketball to be played. It hasn't even begun.

This thread is for the llullz, nothing more.

pretty much.:cool:

JNA17
10-24-2012, 02:38 AM
No matter how athletic he is, he isn't a robot. If he did some real flopping, I would be all for it, but this was a bad call.

If someone fouls you, and you are near the rim, then trying to go into an act of shooting can easily be mistaken for a flop. In this case, I think Lebron was naturally reacting to contact while trying to get a shot up when he heard the whistle.

Im just shocked Lebron was called for something so I might have been too fast on that "OMG, REFS ARE CALLING FLOPS!" ringo.

It can, but thats why players like Lebron should...well actually go up for a shot instead of "looking like" he goes up for a shot. The rest takes care of itself. The refs can simply call the foul for real if he gets hit enough on the arms, legs, and/or body.

JNA17
10-24-2012, 02:38 AM
I think it was just a Msg to the whole league

Hopefully that's the case.

mvb815
10-24-2012, 02:59 AM
lol at jna still pleading a flop case when the ref apologized at halftime

we get it you hate the heat, shouldn't you be more madd at okc for ousting you guys?

Greedy22
10-24-2012, 03:04 AM

Lol. I agree with what you're saying, but that was a pretty bad call IMO. It's the flops he had in the playoffs that should earn techs, not that 1 although he did throw in a bit of hollywood in there.

Stuckey#3
10-24-2012, 03:04 AM
What!? Is this real!? Am I dreaming? Or Am I in the Matrix?

The refs gave a tech foul...to LEBRON!? Are you serious? And not just any tech, but a tech...for flopping! Mother of god...2012 is real...2012 IS ****ING REAL!

Seriously though, I'm actually glad the refs called him out on that one. And I don't mean call Lebron out really, but a ref actually seeing the flop happen and calling a player out on it.

Whoever that ref is, give him a raise and have him be the main ref for big NBA games instead of Joey Crawford.

Crawford is a crooked POS. I would rather have a WWF ref call important games.

Munkeysuit
10-24-2012, 03:05 AM
If this keeps up, Dwight will definitely be penniless by seasons end.

Baller1
10-24-2012, 03:08 AM
That's a pathetic ****ing call... Wow.

JNA17
10-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Crawford is a crooked POS. I would rather have a WWF ref call important games.

What's funny about that is the current WWE refs are actually very good at what they do. I bet if they learned the calls and rules of the NBA, we can kiss the current NBA refs goodbye lol.

JNA17
10-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Lol. I agree with what you're saying, but that was a pretty bad call IMO. It's the flops he had in the playoffs that should earn techs, not that 1 although he did throw in a bit of hollywood in there.

As I said in my later posts, I did kind of jump the gun on that comment.

I still hope however that more refs decide to call flops.

Stuckey#3
10-24-2012, 03:12 AM
It's kind of like giving a serial rapist a ticket for running a red light.

Greedy22
10-24-2012, 03:13 AM
As I said in my later posts, I did kind of jump the gun on that comment.

I still hope however that more refs decide to call flops.

Yeah, I saw them after lol.

For sure, especially on guys like CP3 and the clippers, Manu, etc.

Supreme LA
10-24-2012, 04:22 AM
That wasn't a flop by Lebron. If anything, it should it was a block by Henderson and Lebrong unnecessarily bulldozed through the defender warranting the tech. I ref my local league games and that's how I would have called the play. I think the announcers were just confused and stupid if nothing else.

Lebron has the tendency to bulldoze players as he drives. In glad they made that call on him because he's been getting away with it for years. The bulldozing and the refs reluctancy to call it in the past is the main reason why he's incorporated it even more into his game as of late and usually why players are really hesitant to take the charge on him because of the friendly whistles he almost always got. I'm actually glad we're starting to see a change. That's the way the refs should call it.

asandhu23
10-24-2012, 04:33 AM
It's kind of like giving a serial rapist a ticket for running a red light.

disgusting comparison. :pity:

3ballbomber
10-24-2012, 05:18 AM
haha funny *****. w/ all the p*ssy things Lebron has gotten away w/ and even though it's just preseason this was a little karma biting him in the butt. the ratio between the calls and no calls throughout his career ain't even close lol so relax

amos1er
10-24-2012, 05:26 AM
NBA refs. :facepalm:

Terrible call...but hey, its the pre season...its not like they do this bad a job in the playoffs or anything. :rolleyes:

GoferKing_
10-24-2012, 06:12 AM
That was more of a travel than enything else.

Niro
10-24-2012, 06:22 AM
wtf that wasnt a flop

xcrisisx
10-24-2012, 06:28 AM
flopping or not he should get a technical for arguing so agressively with the refs anyway

BALLER R
10-24-2012, 06:30 AM
He didn't flop there was nothing actually wrong with what he did.

thenaj17
10-24-2012, 07:10 AM
This isn't ****ing serious is it? THAT WAS A FLOP? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

And people wondered what I meant when i said this flopping thing is going to cause problems because they call something like that a tech.. Just embarrassing for the league. Embarrassing for the game of basketball. I still cannot believe what I just saw. That wasn't even exaggerated. Just flat out pathetic.

He flipped his head back as if he was in Platoon. It was definitely exaggerated! I'm just not sure if it's worth a tech as it was a foul.

Only problem with this may be when players don't exaggerate contact at all, the refs may miss the foul altogether because LeBron definitely got fouled on the play.

There is a difference between making sure a foul is seen, like it was just then and a player conning the referee into thinking it's a foul, when it a clean play on the ball.

If this is going to be the precedent set by refs, then Wade, Kobe, Bron, Ginobili, Durant, Harden, CP3 to name a few are in big trouble

JNoel
10-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Obvious bait thread from a Knick fan.

ThePooH_1_
10-24-2012, 07:36 AM
That was not a Flop from Lebron..

Real flops look like this:

Bosh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h60uviwKC0

Lebron vs Knicks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oafnB3RqO98

Gram
10-24-2012, 07:56 AM
flopping or not he should get a technical for arguing so agressively with the refs anyway

Agreed. I think he just slightly exaggerated the result from the hit, but when he got called he freaked, so either way he was getting a tech. Guys need to accept it.

DanG
10-24-2012, 08:03 AM
:pity:

Raidaz4Life
10-24-2012, 08:26 AM
I actually like the tech call and honestly I hope Kobe gets nailed with them all year for his excessive flail every time he gets stripped. I'm tired of players excessively selling calls in attempts to deceive the refs.

SteBO
10-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Ref later admitted that the wrong call was made and nothing should've come of LeBron. Non-issue here, though he did exaggerate a little bit on the play.

Daunter
10-24-2012, 08:39 AM
They are trying to make him an example to let people know they are serious and no matter who you are you will get one.

BklynKnicks3
10-24-2012, 08:50 AM
that was beautiful should get a lifetime ban. I bet they never called it if it was a playoff game

Jroz
10-24-2012, 08:51 AM
This doesnt make sense..this new flopping rule is supposed to take place off site in their corporate offices and determined after the game with fines. They penalized the team DURING the game by calling a technical on him for flopping or exaggerating the contact. I could understand if the refs called an offensive foul because of the exaggerated contact, and Lebron received a T by his reaction...but calling it during the game, thats not sticking to the new rule. They better not do that this year, unless its only against Lebron :) ..I guess they hit the best player in the league with it so more people notice and take note to adjust their acting skills

He115ing
10-24-2012, 08:58 AM
good call

Da Knicks
10-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Lebron didnt even do his full act and got that call, i think its going to be a very interesting season.

Yanks All Day
10-24-2012, 09:14 AM
I know it's policy to hate on everything LeBron does for most people, but that was absolutely bogus. The foul was already called on Henderson. Who doesn't put their arms up to make a shooting motion? Rather have a shooting foul than an on-the-ground foul. Not a flop.

NYY 26 to 7
10-24-2012, 09:24 AM
This will not cause any problems. These players are smart and experienced basketball players and they will adjust. Yes 100% of the league prob does flop right now and thats the point it needs to be out of the game and this is a great thing. Who cares what effect it has early on when techs are being thrown around. They will soon adjust and we no longer have to see teams that have their entire defensive strategy around flopping and trying to draw charges - maybe good real defense will come back. Sorry for the ones that only know this soft NBA that looks more like soccer with all the flopping but it is not how it is supposed to be. Especially when you call out guys like LeBron it makes an impact (plaus he is one of the worst floppers in the game).

theheatles
10-24-2012, 09:39 AM
LeBron was just trying to emphasize he was going up to shoot.

It should have been a blocking foul on Henderson both of his toes were pointing to the left sideline with LeBron coming straight down the middle.

It was just a horrible call by the refs, it's preseason, they'll work on it..

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Lol that's a stupid call. If bron got called a technical for that, Kobe and co is gonna be really funny.

SpeeMN
10-24-2012, 09:50 AM
wow. flop? tech? this is going to be bad.

If a shooter is fouled during a shot but does not immediately stop moving his arms or feet he will be charged with a tech. funny

DenButsu
10-24-2012, 09:54 AM
You gotta pick your battles. This wasn't the right one.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-24-2012, 10:01 AM
haha funny *****. w/ all the p*ssy things Lebron has gotten away w/ and even though it's just preseason this was a little karma biting him in the butt. the ratio between the calls and no calls throughout his career ain't even close lol so relax

Actually dear bulls fan, karma is actually your team being irrelevant since Jordan. And a little glimmer of hope(2010 bulls season) disappeared in an instant.

I love it when bulls fans whine.

DenButsu
10-24-2012, 10:11 AM
I do want to see floppers get their due. But this is a bad precedent to set. This was not a good call. Too ambiguous. If they keep doing this, it will undermine the credibility of cracking down on flopping, and that doesn't help anything at all.

Six-8-TheWizard
10-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Lebron did not flop to me but he did bulldoze the hell out of Henderson. It should have been an offensive foul instead of a tech.

This

SteBO
10-24-2012, 10:16 AM
I do want to see floppers get their due. But this is a bad precedent to set. This was not a good call. Too ambiguous. If they keep doing this, it will undermine the credibility of cracking down on flopping, and that doesn't help anything at all.
I honestly believe that the league will revert to the way flops are handled in-game before. I don't see any of these new flopping rules holding any weight long term, but that's just me.

Jemikz9Clutch
10-24-2012, 10:18 AM
take it easy you guys. It was reported that the ref admitted it was a mistake to give lebron the tech foul.

DubbyDubbs
10-24-2012, 10:29 AM
i think it was a very bad call. i do agree with techs being called for flopping and i do agree that lebron flops but that was not a flop. and the sasha one posted was bad as well lol but thats joey crawford so understood.

Htownballa1622
10-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Bs call

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Lol that's a stupid call. If bron got called a technical for that, Kobe and co is gonna be really funny.

This thread isn't even about Kobe and the Lakers. Poor attempt by a Heat bandwagonner once again.

Gagan136
10-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Not a very good call

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 10:50 AM

No it's not. He's simply pointing out what we should be aware about pertaining to how seriously the league is taking action against what "they think" as flopping as it could easily translate over to the regular season. Don't be so paranoid.

Shkelqim
10-24-2012, 10:51 AM
That's a technical? The NBA is going to suck

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 10:52 AM
That's a technical? The NBA is going to suck

Agree. Remember when they instituted that new basketball for like the first 2-3 months of the 06-07 regular season? :facepalm:

TheIlladelph16
10-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Agree. Remember when they instituted that new basketball for like the first 2-3 months of the 06-07 regular season? :facepalm:

Damn don't even remind me of that bs haha. Literally nobody including the players wanted that to happen, yet somehow Stern thought that it was a good idea. :facepalm:

Cromedome
10-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Maybe from the ref's angle it looked like Lebron pushed off on the play to send the defender flying?

ThunderousDemon
10-24-2012, 11:07 AM
That wasn't a flop.

This is a flop.

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lebron-flop-2.gif

koreancabbage
10-24-2012, 11:40 AM
that wasn't a flop. he already got the call. he could do whatever he wants after the whistle as it had no bearing on the initial call to begin with.

just wow.

KnickaBocka.44
10-24-2012, 11:41 AM
This wasn't a flop, but you have to remember that it is preseason for the refs too. However, I am very happy to see they are taking it seriously.

SteBO
10-24-2012, 11:42 AM
This wasn't a flop, but you have to remember that it is preseason for the refs too. However, I am very happy to see they are taking it seriously.
For the most part, but I do question how long it's going to last.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
that wasn't a flop. he already got the call. he could do whatever he wants after the whistle as it had no bearing on the initial call to begin with.

just wow.

Even though I don't feel that was a flop, I think that's another thing that league is trying to clean up, the extracurricular crap that goes on after the whistle (after a foul call or after a made basket or free throw). LeBron isn't really known for that, but guys like Harden, Perkins etc. have a lot of those little nudges and shoves after a whistle has been blown. A free throw or shot can be made and before going the other way, they'll nudge their defenders and kinda push them off etc.

One of the main reasons why Harden already has such a **** reputation in the league is because of his extracurricular crap that he does in dead ball situations (like nudging or getting in front of the opposition when it's not even necessary at that juncture of the game ala Metta World Peace that led to that infamous unwarranted elbow).

TeamSeattle
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
I like this call. Time to clean the flopping nba up. Maybe this will finally stop some of the Heat's cooked calls they're always getting in the playoffs.

MTL_123
10-24-2012, 11:52 AM
i thought that was an offensice foul but wat ever if thats a tech Rasheed and World Peace are gonna get killed by this lol

LongIslandIcedZ
10-24-2012, 11:58 AM
I think the league is just setting a precedent. Call it in preseason (on Lebron, no less) and maybe it will convince players to flop less in the regular season. Everyone hates flopping, the NBA may as well do all they can to make sure players dont do it during the regular season. This way they wont have to call it.

Nycbball08
10-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Don't see anything wrong with Lebron did other than the reaction to the call which is what probably got him the tec... Players drive hard like that to the basket all the time, either call an offensive or defensive fowl...what's the tec for??? Like I said, gotta be his reaction to the call.

Nycbball08
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM

I'm a Knicks fan and I got Lebron's back on this BS call...

Rivera
10-24-2012, 12:15 PM
lmfaoooo thank god! karma!

but i bet he does the exact same thing in the regular season and doesnt recieve a tech

jnash13
10-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Regardless if its questionable or not its good thing that it happened so these basketball players can get back to playing the game correctly

JordansBulls
10-24-2012, 12:21 PM
I think it depends on who is running into you. If someone is bigger than Lebron and he falls down you can't assume flopping, but someone who is no where near Lebron size wise or strength wise then you know it is a flop.

SirSkyHook
10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Love the call only on the grounds of sending a message. Lets see.. Lebron bulldoze into a player. Upon contact he threw his head back, and tossed his hands in the air in the attempt pressure the reff into a call. Thats A Flop!!!!! I dont get people arguments on here claiming Lebron did nothing wrong. Sure its not as bad as all the other stuff he gets away with, but its still a flop.

I dont think he should have gotten a tech though. A charge or a no call would have been better, but if it was to send a message to the flopperS of the league I LOVE IT.

CHANGO
10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat

Sun Sentinel has learned that LeBron James technical foul called after he was victim of a foul in Tuesday's exhibition has been rescinded.
;)

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Close this thread mods.

Gracias.

Romo2Bryant
10-24-2012, 12:34 PM
:bs:

SirSkyHook
10-24-2012, 12:34 PM

;)

And this is why players will never take the new flopping rule seriously :facepalm:

SteBO
10-24-2012, 12:37 PM
:bs:

And this is why players will never take the new flopping rule seriously :facepalm:
First of all, they can't call technicals for flopping. Repercussions are determined after games, with possible fines to follow. Secondly, it wasn't a flop to begin with. Good move rescinding the tech, especially after the referee admitted himself he read the situation wrong and apologized for the porous call.

Ill21
10-24-2012, 12:37 PM
That really wasn't a flop

Chavacano
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
That call's a weak sauce.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
U can clearly tell who has played basketball in real life and who hasn't by some of these comments lol.

SirSkyHook
10-24-2012, 12:44 PM
First of all, they can't call technicals for flopping. Repercussions are determined after games, with possible fines to follow. Secondly, it wasn't a flop to begin with. Good move rescinding the tech, especially after the referee admitted himself he read the situation wrong and apologized for the porous call.

It wasnt his best work but it was a flop. He trucked a player and than threw his hands up to pressure the call. It wasnt even a natural basketball movement. He wasnt going for a shot or a layup or a dunk, Nothing! He ran into a dude and threw his hands up with the intent to decieve.

SirSkyHook
10-24-2012, 12:49 PM
U can clearly tell who has played basketball in real life and who hasn't by some of these comments lol.

Right. So stop telling on yourself. What Lebron did in that play isnt basketball. Its acting. He would have been an awesome stunt double. The constant flopping at his size and speed takes away from his game for me.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-24-2012, 12:52 PM
look at this guy this whining.
the ref clearly said he made the wrong call, and this fruit is still going on and on and claiming lebron flopped.

i mean you'd expect any rational human being to shut the fck up the moment it was known that the ref apologized, but clearly you cant cure hating.

SteBO
10-24-2012, 12:52 PM
It wasnt his best work but it was a flop. He trucked a player and than threw his hands up to pressure the call. It wasnt even a natural basketball movement. He wasnt going for a shot or a layup or a dunk, Nothing! He ran into a dude and threw his hands up with the intent to decieve.
So he just went to the basket just bulldoze over Henderson? I'm not buying that for a second. If anything it's an offensive foul or no call maybe. Bang-bang play, but I'm no buying that it was a flop of any sort. Plenty players react the way he did, but whatever. All I know is that the tech wasn't warranted in the least bit.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-24-2012, 12:56 PM
you obv need your eyes tested, forget henderson and look at the other dude, do you not see the guy slamming down on lebrons right arm causing him to turn his body and wanted to do "in the act of shooting" so put his arms up?

i mean.. this is such simple stuff here. you dont need to be an expert to clearly see the play.. lol

just admit it that you hate lebron, and we will move on dude.

jesus christ.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-24-2012, 12:57 PM
lol even the crowd was booing and they were playin in NC.

JordansBulls
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM

;)

Does a technical in preseason count to the regular season total of 16 for a suspension?

SteBO
10-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Does a technical in preseason count to the regular season total of 16 for a suspension?
I don't believe so.

torocan
10-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Ref screwed up.

Call was rescinded.

Nothing to see here.

xfyre
10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
its so funny to see all your responses..just shows how biased people on this forum are on LeBron...especially since that same ref apologized for the bad call at half time to both Spo and LeBron

Sadds The Gr8
10-24-2012, 01:11 PM
good for that ***** flopper

Raps18-19 Champ
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Refs screwed up. Also embarrassed for the people who want to call the game based on something called 'Karma' instead of proper rules.

koberulesall
10-24-2012, 01:26 PM
I think we will be hearing this alot ....it really is about time too

ChicagoJ
10-24-2012, 01:27 PM
It wasn't a flop, but a bit of acting. I don't mind the call, but players will have to adjust since some of them have been playing that way for most of their NBA career.

Chronz
10-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I dont think those are the calls refs should focus on, thats a routine "look at this foul refs" kind of action. Its an embellishment because players have been doing that to draw attention to OBVIOUS FOULS for years. I thought the NBA was going to stay away from these types of flops. I think they made a mistake, anyone know if the refs apologized for this one? Theres a rumor floating around that they did.

lol

Learn NBA rules plz.

Chronz
10-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Right, because the league never rescinds technicals.

It wasnt even a natural basketball movement. He wasnt going for a shot or a layup or a dunk, Nothing! He ran into a dude and threw his hands up with the intent to decieve.
Look up the definition of the word deceive, he was fouled on the play and he drew attention to it. He was going for the DRIVE knowing full well the player was out of position, thats how you draw fouls. You dont have to put up a shot to be fouled lmfao.

IndyRealist
10-24-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm all for punishing floppers, but that didn't look punishable to me. Seemed too questionable. And I thought the rule was that the league would review it after the fact, not that refs would call it in game?

Chronz
10-24-2012, 01:43 PM
That wasn't a flop by Lebron. If anything, it should it was a block by Henderson and Lebrong unnecessarily bulldozed through the defender warranting the tech. I ref my local league games and that's how I would have called the play. I think the announcers were just confused and stupid if nothing else.

Lebron has the tendency to bulldoze players as he drives. In glad they made that call on him because he's been getting away with it for years. The bulldozing and the refs reluctancy to call it in the past is the main reason why he's incorporated it even more into his game as of late and usually why players are really hesitant to take the charge on him because of the friendly whistles he almost always got. I'm actually glad we're starting to see a change. That's the way the refs should call it.
LMFAO you can bulldoze whoever you want if you beat them to the spot so of course he gets away with it, its perfectly legal. Your in such denial here, the refs DID NOT call the T for the reasons you gave, in fact they APOLOGIZED for dropping the ball. Man Laker fans who hate Bron are the worst

LA_Raiders
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah, about time.... LeFlop

mngopher35
10-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Some people here actually like this? Please tell me its because your a lebron/heat hater? If they call this type of stuff all season there will literally be like 10 plus techs handed out each game. That was a ridiculous call, that wasnt a flop. Also I thought they were taking care of flops after games not during?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-24-2012, 02:06 PM
I dont think those are the calls refs should focus on, thats a routine "look at this foul refs" kind of action. Its an embellishment because players have been doing that to draw attention to OBVIOUS FOULS for years. I thought the NBA was going to stay away from these types of flops. I think they made a mistake, anyone know if the refs apologized for this one? Theres a rumor floating around that they did.

yeah, the ref apologized, and said he didnt do the right thing, and the tech was also dropped by league officials. not that it matters because its preseason, but its their way of accepting fault.

Chronz
10-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Some people here actually like this? Please tell me its because your a lebron/heat hater? If they call this type of stuff all season there will literally be like 10 plus techs handed out each game. That was a ridiculous call, that wasnt a flop. Also I thought they were taking care of flops after games not during?

Definitely, look at all the childish karma remarks

Slug3
10-24-2012, 03:37 PM
If they keep making calls like this then they really will make the NBA a lot longer. I now see why they are limiting the pre game stuff to 90 seconds. Its because they need to make sure they have enough time for these bad calls.

h2r09
10-24-2012, 03:39 PM
that wasnt for a flop. the ref said he thought lebron slapped his hand or arm and was trying to start trouble. he said after the game his call was wrong and it was the wrong call.

this can end now.

Evolution23
10-24-2012, 04:06 PM
I love it. This flopping **** needs to end, and this is the only way to end it.

Nycbball08
10-24-2012, 04:08 PM
look at this guy this whining.
the ref clearly said he made the wrong call, and this fruit is still going on and on and claiming lebron flopped.

i mean you'd expect any rational human being to shut the fck up the moment it was known that the ref apologized, but clearly you cant cure hating.

Agreed, :clap: some of these posters are just a bunch of dum chit..

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Wow, that was bad. I was expecting to see some real flopping going on. I have seen him do it in the past but this is nothing. That ref should be fined for exaggerating a call

Kashmir13579
10-24-2012, 05:44 PM
haha, that is a tech?

Half the league will be at the free throw line all night it this continues.

Love this though... Love seeing James get called out on that ****. The man is probably the strongest player in the NBA and he flops like a fish. Be a man. Shave your freaking head lol.

Kashmir13579
10-24-2012, 05:46 PM
that wasnt for a flop. the ref said he thought lebron slapped his hand or arm and was trying to start trouble. he said after the game his call was wrong and it was the wrong call.

this can end now.

damn!

SteBO
10-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Love this though... Love seeing James get called out on that ****. The man is probably the strongest player in the NBA and he flops like a fish. Be a man. Shave your freaking head lol.
Difference is, THAT wasn't a flop.

Kashmir13579
10-24-2012, 05:47 PM
LMFAO you can bulldoze whoever you want if you beat them to the spot so of course he gets away with it, its perfectly legal. Your in such denial here, the refs DID NOT call the T for the reasons you gave, in fact they APOLOGIZED for dropping the ball. Man Laker fans who hate Bron are the worst

Oh... Well that explains the flagrant Fisher was called for in the finals..

Kashmir13579
10-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Difference is, THAT wasn't a flop.

Yeah i watched the video again and it was a bit of a reach.. I was mislead by the title of the thread that says James gets technical foul for flopping lol

knicks=love
10-24-2012, 05:49 PM
It wasn't any more exaggerated than what most offensive players do, but it was still exaggerated, so I don't have a problem with it. Lebron definitely does stuff way worse than that, but I still don't like it

perfect post :hi5:

knicks=love
10-24-2012, 05:50 PM
that wasnt for a flop. The ref said he thought lebron slapped his hand or arm and was trying to start trouble. He said after the game his call was wrong and it was the wrong call.

This can end now.

you're still on this site?! no one has heard from you since last year's nba mock offseason!

StarvingKnick22
10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
If this was made NBA law in 2011, Shumpert would still be ballin like the King of NY. :pity:

JasonJohnHorn
10-24-2012, 06:33 PM
I can't stand LBJ and I think he's one of the biggest floppers in the leauge, BUT, that was a BULL$#!T call... lol. There was no flop there?

Now, check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oafnB3RqO98

I love how LBJ takes the hit and starts fallin forward, which is the way the momentum of the hit would have taken him, but after he gets control he realizes he was hit hard so he starts falling BACKWARDS... lol. This was a priceless flop!

beasted86
10-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Terrible call...

It's pretty apparent he was trying to make sure the foul was seen as an "in the act of shooting" foul. He wasn't over-exaggerating, flopping, or anything else of the sort.

I'll have no problem if a ref actually calls a tech when a player flops. Luckily this is just a meaningless preseason game, or I'd be really pissed even if my team won. Bad calls like this are what gives the "NBA is fixed" trolls proof to their pudding.

jbelmar4
10-24-2012, 06:56 PM
I hope referees only make that call in the preseason because doing on a regular basis would just hold for debating rules that don't make sense which is pointless.

SA5195
10-24-2012, 08:35 PM
hahahaha :laugh2:

Chronz
10-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Oh... Well that explains the flagrant Fisher was called for in the finals..

Nope, doesn't apply as Fisher was beat on defense

rocket
10-24-2012, 09:13 PM
LeBron did flop, but there was no reason to flop lol.

kswissdaf
10-24-2012, 09:32 PM
The tech was taken back

UPRock
10-24-2012, 09:44 PM
That wasn't even a Flop, if they're going to call technicals for plays like that is going to be a mess.

Andrew32
10-24-2012, 09:47 PM
I didn't see a flop.

natelpete
10-24-2012, 10:07 PM
If that turns in to a standard call during the regular season, I won't be watching much more of the NBA.

CavsYanksDuke
10-24-2012, 10:11 PM
That was a poor call.

BXbombers951
10-24-2012, 10:19 PM
That "throwing your hands in the air" move is gonna get called alot, cause it's so obvious. I like it. I hate seeing that that stupid move.

rocket
10-24-2012, 10:22 PM
If that turns in to a standard call during the regular season, I won't be watching much more of the NBA.

So your not going to watch anymore because a player threw his hands up and moved his body in an awkward manner for no reason. That was a flop, but that was a bad call because he was fouled, then he flopped for no reason.

natelpete
10-24-2012, 10:29 PM
So your not going to watch anymore because a player threw his hands up and moved his body in an awkward manner for no reason. That was a flop, but that was a bad call because he was fouled, then he flopped for no reason.

That exact play happens a handful of times per game and if you legitimately think that was a flop there is no reason for me to try to explain to you.

WadeKobe
10-24-2012, 10:35 PM
How is this JNA17 fool not banned yet for trolling? :facepalm:

Anyhow, LeBron and plenty other players flop plenty. This, however, was not a flop. I support the new rule, but FFS, get it right. :pity:

USMCLaker
10-25-2012, 12:00 AM

I'm with this post.

Man, Lebron is really hated now. That's life, move on.

Aust
10-25-2012, 12:02 AM
:dance:
**** yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :hi5:

Punish the floppers

Raph12
10-25-2012, 02:13 AM
He tried to sell the call and got a tech for it, I like it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-25-2012, 03:02 AM
How is this JNA17 fool not banned yet for trolling? :facepalm:

Anyhow, LeBron and plenty other players flop plenty. This, however, was not a flop. I support the new rule, but FFS, get it right. :pity:

Same thing can be said about you. I hear you've been doing it for years now. Looks like your twin Wade>You already got permabanned, so I don't know why the mods have spared someone like you.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-25-2012, 10:51 AM
mods close the thread, OP clearly mistook the wholething, league apologized for the bs call, the tech call was rescinded, and ref admitted he dropped the ball on this one.

so why the hell is this thread still open, all its doing is giving lebron haters, who clearly cant see or read, a chance to gloat.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-25-2012, 11:24 AM
mods close the thread, OP clearly mistook the wholething, league apologized for the bs call, the tech call was rescinded, and ref admitted he dropped the ball on this one.

so why the hell is this thread still open, all its doing is giving lebron haters, who clearly cant see or read, a chance to gloat.

Same can be said about the certain threads made by trolls like el hidalgo and dnewguy that stay up for weeks in the NBA Forum.

3mikee_
10-25-2012, 11:24 AM
lol that was not a flopp

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Same can be said about the certain threads made by trolls like el hidalgo and dnewguy that stay up for weeks in the NBA Forum.

dude, than say it for their threads.
im not siding with anyone, this thread is a misconception of what actually happened, therefore the whole basis and title of this thread is WRONG.

i could care less what anyone else makes, if the thread is wrong, close it.

simple as that.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-25-2012, 11:34 AM
dude, than say it for their threads.
im not siding with anyone, this thread is a misconception of what actually happened, therefore the whole basis and title of this thread is WRONG.

i could care less what anyone else makes, if the thread is wrong, close it.

simple as that.

Then personally request a mod to have this thread closed.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-25-2012, 11:36 AM
ehh too lazy. but mods are active on here, they read all the posts.

Losoway
10-25-2012, 12:37 PM
if that was a tech? we are in for a LONG SEASON

Minimal
10-25-2012, 12:56 PM
That was an offensive foul, nothing tech worthy and definetely not a flop. ******** decision by the refs.

sep11ie
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Well I hope Lebron gets these offensive foul calls all year. This 4 steps then bulldozing his way to the basket is how he gets half his points.

Angelus™
10-25-2012, 05:23 PM
The stricter they get with thse floppers the better

Aust
10-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Well I hope Lebron gets these offensive foul calls all year. This 4 steps then bulldozing his way to the basket is how he gets half his points.

I want this crap outta the league for everyone

D2theJ
10-25-2012, 05:32 PM
How is that a flop in any possible way? That make no sense all he did was throw his hands up everyone does that...

Byronicle
10-25-2012, 05:33 PM
you don't have to physically fall on the group to be considered a flop

to me a flop is anything that tries to deceive the refs into thinking that you were foul hard

Gerald Henderson had his arms at chest level and they bumped Lebron's shoulder and yet Lebron's head snaps way far back as if he took a shot to the face

It is exaggerating the contact so that he can get the call. He deserves the tech

Kashmir13579
10-25-2012, 05:39 PM
It was a flop.

Byronicle
10-25-2012, 05:41 PM

really?

i rather see players get tech's for exaggerating than to see players get away with flopping

flopping makes the game hard to watch. period

rocket
10-25-2012, 05:45 PM

u maD

rocket
10-25-2012, 05:46 PM
How is that a flop in any possible way? That make no sense all he did was throw his hands up everyone does that...
Thats a flop lmfao

SteBO
10-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Are people really still deluding themselves into thinking it was a flop?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-25-2012, 09:18 PM
u maD

how old are you?

HiphopRelated
10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
That was an offensive foul, nothing tech worthy and definetely not a flop. ******** decision by the refs.
It was called a blocking foul, Lebron shot 2 fts

Bruno
10-25-2012, 09:41 PM
wtf was that? you don't get T's for flops, you get a post game fine, if I'm not mistaken.

that was just a bad, ******** call. let the men play ball.

HiphopRelated
10-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Nobody knows what the tech was even called for

The ref apologised to Spo at halftime and it was rescinded after the game

northsider
10-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Well that wasn't nearly as bad as his actual flops but, it is hilarious to see a player get publicly penalized for a flop hahahahahaha.

What sucks is dear lord this is going to be non stop now.

xxcubs22xx
10-26-2012, 04:54 AM
Clearly an OFFENSIVE foul, not a technical. At the very least, it should be a "no call".

But that was a laughable attempt at enforcing this new rule or whatever.

ewmania
10-26-2012, 05:03 AM
wow lebron gets the first technical for flopping.. how ironic

EDIT: pay attention to lebron's head , he jerked it back and didn't even get touched in the head lol

ldawg
10-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Well they are warning him. Him and Wade are high up on the list they are watching. They got away with alot of that last season.

daleja424
10-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Its so sad how some people in our country open their big mouths before they even know what happened.

1st- anyone who says that was an offensive foul... do a little research. The foul wasn't a blocking foul on Henderson. The foul was whistled on the first defender reaching in and swiping across Lebron's arm.

2nd- The new NBA flopping rule is not an in game rule. Refs in the game have no power to issue techs for flopping. All flopping is to be reviewed by the league office and fines will be assessed.

3rd- The ref admitted at half time that he made a mistake on the call.

4th- The NBA has recinded the technical foul, themselves recognizing that there was no punishable act on that play.

Finally, on the point of flopping... it is not flopping to exaggerate a foul that actually occurs. It is considered flopping when you try to decieve the referee. If an actual foul occurs and you sell it... you are not decieving the refs. Deception implies that a player is trying to get the ref to call a foul where there wasn't one.

Dade County
10-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Its so sad how some people in our country open their big mouths before they even know what happened.

1st- anyone who says that was an offensive foul... do a little research. The foul wasn't a blocking foul on Henderson. The foul was whistled on the first defender reaching in and swiping across Lebron's arm.

2nd- The new NBA flopping rule is not an in game rule. Refs in the game have no power to issue techs for flopping. All flopping is to be reviewed by the league office and fines will be assessed.

3rd- The ref admitted at half time that he made a mistake on the call.

4th- The NBA has recinded the technical foul, themselves recognizing that there was no punishable act on that play.

Finally, on the point of flopping... it is not flopping to exaggerate a foul that actually occurs. It is considered flopping when you try to decieve the referee. If an actual foul occurs and you sell it... you are not decieving the refs. Deception implies that a player is trying to get the ref to call a foul where there wasn't one.

End Thread.

Chronz
10-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Clearly an OFFENSIVE foul, not a technical. At the very least, it should be a "no call".

But that was a laughable attempt at enforcing this new rule or whatever.

Clearly you dont know NBA rules, CLEARLY

pnoyz15
10-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Finally, on the point of flopping... it is not flopping to exaggerate a foul that actually occurs. It is considered flopping when you try to decieve the referee. If an actual foul occurs and you sell it... you are not decieving the refs. Deception implies that a player is trying to get the ref to call a foul where there wasn't one

I agree..which is why the vid below is not a flop...clearly it was a foul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpqMO7T1uIM