PDA

View Full Version : Andre Drummond - The Next Great NBA Big

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 09:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_7vKFDchI4&list=UUa_mVT68qxJiYyrR-Qq_5LA&index=1&feature=plcp

How did this guy go #9????

If they did the draft over again he would easily go top 3 right now.

For those of you that are just hearing about him this preseason, this is what has people so excited.

Discuss all things Andre Drummond here.

Johann
10-22-2012, 09:11 PM
lol

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Lololololol. You made the exact same thread a couple of weeks ago because they barely won NBA preseason against the Raptors.

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Two comments, two Raptors fans. Wonder why?

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Don't hate on my thread because your GM drafted Terrence Ross. Not my fault.

nirvana235
10-22-2012, 09:14 PM
And we thought Jeremy Lin was over hyped after 30 regular season games.

PurpleJesus
10-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Cant wait to watch this dude's career take off. Incredible talent. Likely top 5 C in 3-5 years.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Don't hate on my thread because your GM drafted Terrence Ross. Not my fault.

I'm not hating on your thread because Colangelo drafted Ross. I'll be one of the few Raptors to admit drafting Ross was a mistake and I wanted Drummond, who I think will be a superstar. Doesn't change the fact that this thread is unnecessary and you're just trolling.

Ebbs
10-22-2012, 09:17 PM
I already fed you last time. I think the kid will be good but in all seriousness this thread should be closed. Block on Ed Davis was savage.

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 09:18 PM
How am I trolling? A Jeff Green block thread and T-Rob dunk thread are fine but a thread about Drummond get's blasted by Raptor fans... hmmm

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Watch the video.

This kid is talked about constantly everywhere else around the internet, but if you bring him up in the "NBA Forum" on PSD people get butthurt.

Whatever.

dtmagnet
I'm not sure why he fell so far, I remember him being slated as top 3 even mentioned as the #1 overall at one point.

GunFactor187
How am I trolling? A Jeff Green block thread and T-Rob dunk thread are fine but a thread about Drummond get's blasted by Raptor fans... hmmm

Man does have a point there, lol.

But yeah, Drummond's definitely gonna shock the league, block and rebound machine.

nirvana235
10-22-2012, 09:21 PM

You made the same thread a week ago, we don't need a new one every time he has a good preseason game.

I think he'll be good as long as he improves on his 30% FT pct.

Cal827
I'm the same as Raps08-09: I really wanted us to draft Drummond to have two Centers with great potential on the team... Maybe make a twin tower duo, or rip a lot out of a team that wanted one of the two.

PSD is gonna go on fire once JV and Drummond become superstars, eh piston fans? :D

But to the main topic, I've loved what I have seen from Drummond so far, with little to no plays set for him. He should beast in the next couple years.. I'm shocked he dropped from the top 5 from earlier... There will be a lot of other teams pissed off at not getting him, if he becomes the superstar (CLEVELAND)

Raps18-19 Champ

There's a difference between the 2. The other one shows something that's a fact. Yours is opinion being forced down people's faces.

Gators123
I love how the start of the video shows how terrible Charlie V is :laugh2:

Like I said in the Pistons forum, the song fits it perfectly.

PurpleJesus
10-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure why he fell so far, I remember him being slated as top 3 even mentioned as the #1 overall at one point.

He would have went #1 two years ago, if highschool players were still allowed to enter the draft. I think zone defenses in college made him not look as dominate, which hurt his draft stock.

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm the same as Raps08-09: I really wanted us to draft Drummond to have two Centers with great potential on the team... Maybe make a twin tower duo, or rip a lot out of a team that wanted one of the two.

PSD is gonna go on fire once JV and Drummond become superstars, eh piston fans? :D

But to the main topic, I've loved what I have seen from Drummond so far, with little to no plays set for him. He should beast in the next couple years.. I'm shocked he dropped from the top 5 from earlier... There will be a lot of other teams pissed off at not getting him, if he becomes the superstar (CLEVELAND)

I love JV too - stud in the making.

Swashcuff
10-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Pistons fans you guys have been pretty solid on this forum. Please don't turn Drummond into one of those players that PSD posters come to hate. Stop shoving your dude down ou throat. Let him get some burn at least or something please.

PurpleJesus
10-22-2012, 09:23 PM
There's a difference between the 2. The other one shows something that's a fact. Yours is opinion being forced down people's faces.

Do you want me to start the thread about him? would you feel differently if someone else started the thread?

shep33
10-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Kid reminds me of Dwight a little. He's going to be good.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Do you want me to start the thread about him? would you feel differently if someone else started the thread?

I'd feel the exact same for whoever makes it.

It's perfectly fine if someone has an opinion and think so and so will be a star. But don't shove it down people's throats, especially when they have no evidence except for preseason.

Tmath
10-22-2012, 09:27 PM
But can he hit free throws?

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 09:33 PM
But can he hit free throws?

Haha. NOPE.

KingsMadness44
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
i agree with what other people are saying, lets wait a little while before we crown him the next big thing. So far he has proven that he is very talented and can do certain things well BUT he still needs a ton of polish

Vinny642
10-22-2012, 09:54 PM
I wanted him to drop to 10th :(

beasted86
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Cant wait to watch this dude's career take off. Incredible talent. Likely top 5 C in 3-5 years.

Not saying much.

Mark Gasol is probably the 3rd best Center and he isn't even a franchise player. If he's your team's best player, chances are you are a lottery team or first round fast food. The jury is out on whether Bynum can even lead a team to the playoffs as a #1.

Chill_Will_24
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM
This again? You need validation?

Gram
10-22-2012, 10:04 PM
This again? You need validation?

How many Brook Lopez/BKN threads have we had in here recently? Don't even start.

PurpleJesus
10-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Lets keep posting Lebron, and Kobe threads, and recycle all our conversations, rather than talking about someone else.

Chill_Will_24
10-22-2012, 10:05 PM
How many Brook Lopez/BKN threads have we had in here recently? Don't even start.

How many were started by the same poster?

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Lets keep posting Lebron, and Kobe threads, and recycle all our conversations, rather than talking about someone else.

Lol, wait. Are you trying to say we should keep threads about someone, despite the fact that it holds no water?

PurpleJesus
10-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Lol, wait. Are you trying to say we should keep threads about someone, despite the fact that it holds no water?

How does it hold no water? Its clear that this kid is extremely talented, why cant we discuss young players?

Melo15
10-22-2012, 10:11 PM
He's an absolute freak athletically. I think he's going to be very good but not right off the bat. Drummond has such an insanely high upside but he's still a work in progress. I expect him to have a season full of ups and downs and continue to develop over the next three years before he truly comes into his own. Definitely a great get at 9 though.

DeRozan10
10-22-2012, 10:11 PM
i love the nba forum

seriously though

the dude will be a good player. i hope nothing but the best for him.

i really like the pistons so i've gone through some game threads on other sites and when you guys are playing bad, all i see is people stating that its preseason and it doesn't matter ... But when people try and tell you to calm down a little about the Drummond hype because its only preseason you guy's lose your ****!!

Let's give it some time before we start crowning this dude hall of fame worthy ...

Gram
10-22-2012, 10:14 PM
How many were started by the same poster?

You would a complained for the exact same reason if I started the thread, and your argument was why is the same thing being repeated. Not sure why you'd change it to argue about who the OP was. It doesn't matter if it's the same stuff being repeated.

Let Detroit fans have some time in the NBA forum, there are some teams who are never mentioned in here. It shouldn't be a problem to anyone when Detroit, Milwaukee, Washington etc. have a thread in here.

The NETS ARE BACK!

P Harvy
10-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Hopefully his career is better than the highlight tape.

P Harvy
10-22-2012, 10:16 PM

Yeah I think I agree.

Knowledge
10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Is this the first preseason YouTube highlight reel ever created? If it isn't, it will be the most memorable. I will never forget this day.

RenegadeRiot36
10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Where are all the guys crying BUST now????

Gram
10-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Where are all the guys crying BUST now????

They're changing the argument to that it's preseason so none a this matters.

P Harvy
10-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Wow I almost want Drummond to bust now that all you think he's going to be some legend

Gram
10-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Wow I almost want Drummond to bust now that all you think he's going to be some legend

Good, like a guy who has 600 posts in a month's opinion counts. :rolleyes:

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2012, 10:24 PM
How does it hold no water? Its clear that this kid is extremely talented, why cant we discuss young players?

OP is guaranteeing that one of the most raw players in this year's draft will be a superstar in the league. And he's basing this on preseason.

You can discuss young players. But making a claim with such little evidence (and preseason/summer league doesn't even compare to the regular season and playoffs) is complete ********.

P Harvy
10-22-2012, 10:26 PM

Lol nice jab man. I have a job where I'm on my computer all the time. Not that hard to rack up the posts but damn man that hurt.

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 10:26 PM

Funny that 95% of the people *****ing in here are fans of teams that picked before us.

Dion Waiters, Terrence Ross, etc.

You get the picture.

Drummond is being talked about EVERYWHERE on the internet, but if he get's mentioned here on PSD, some people freak out.

beasted86
10-22-2012, 10:27 PM

That's a lot better than making career predictions on players after 4 preseason games. :rolleyes:

Chill_Will_24
10-22-2012, 10:29 PM
You would a complained for the exact same reason if I started the thread, and your argument was why is the same thing being repeated. Not sure why you'd change it to argue about who the OP was. It doesn't matter if it's the same stuff being repeated.

Let Detroit fans have some time in the NBA forum, there are some teams who are never mentioned in here. It shouldn't be a problem to anyone when Detroit, Milwaukee, Washington etc. have a thread in here.

The NETS ARE BACK!

Whatever you say kid. If you need the validation then knock yourself out.

However find me a thread i started recently hyping up anything Nets related

GunFactor187
10-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Funny that 95% of the people *****ing in here are fans of teams that picked before us.

Dion Waiters, Terrence Ross, etc.

You get the picture.

Drummond is being talked about EVERYWHERE on the internet, but if he get's mentioned here on PSD, some people freak out.

One word: Butthurt. lol

Gators123
10-22-2012, 10:31 PM
i love the nba forum

seriously though

the dude will be a good player. i hope nothing but the best for him.

i really like the pistons so i've gone through some game threads on other sites and when you guys are playing bad, all i see is people stating that its preseason and it doesn't matter ... But when people try and tell you to calm down a little about the Drummond hype because its only preseason you guy's lose your ****!!

Let's give it some time before we start crowning this dude hall of fame worthy ...

Well most people (including some scouts, GM's, etc.) said Drummond wouldn't be ready to play serious minutes for at least 2-3 years because he is so raw. Him having an immediate impact from the first game is something really nobody expected. Even if it is preseason.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2012, 10:35 PM
It's clear that this thread has become a troll thread. I've still yet to see why this thread should stand considering that the "Brook Lopez proving Shaq right" thread was closed because it was a thread based on a player's performance during the preseason.

Bulls_fan90
10-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Will be a bigger bust than Knight. I'd bet my Hello Kitty memorabilia on it.

Arch Stanton
10-22-2012, 10:37 PM
It's clear that this thread has become a troll thread. I've still yet to see why this thread should stand considering that the "Brook Lopez proving Shaq right" thread was closed because it was a thread based on a player's performance during the preseason.

Faded Mario = Troll. Should we expect something interesting from him?

PurpleJesus
10-22-2012, 10:37 PM

really not understanding why you care so much...just ignore the thread, there are a couple threads in the forum that I am not interested in reading, so I dont read them.

heyman321
10-22-2012, 10:38 PM
I'd like to see a Drummond-Valanciunas rivalry begin. Both are lookin good so far.

Gram
10-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Whatever you say kid. If you need the validation then knock yourself out.

However find me a thread i started recently hyping up anything Nets related

Kid? :laugh2:

Never said you started one, not sure where you got that from.

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Faded Mario = Troll. Should we expect something interesting from him?

Reported.

fadedmario
10-22-2012, 10:40 PM
really not understanding why you care so much...just ignore the thread, there are a couple threads in the forum that I am not interested in reading, so I dont read them.

So far it's Raptor (not all Raptor fans) and Cavs fans doing the trolling.

I wonder why?

king4day
10-22-2012, 10:40 PM
I think he's going to be really good in time. But as it's been said before, a highlight video can make the worst of players look amazing.
Most of those highlights were against the Raps and Bobcats. Either the person who made the video thinks very highly of those teams, or Drummond is taking advantage of preseason and bad teams trying to figure out their lineups.

Mr. Baller
10-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Becoming a bait thread and we had the SAME exact thread a week ago.

Closed.