PDA

View Full Version : What would you trade for Stat??

jericho
10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I know there is 0% chance of this. But if by any miracle this happens what offer would you give for him?? I remember seeing a thread like this before but back then he at least had a tiny lil bit of value, i dont think he has any value at all right now that's why i want to know what you guys all think of this.

nycericanguy
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
I still support Amare.

I hope he makes it back. I think NY is too hard on him, he can still play. He put up 18 points on just 11 shot attempts the other day. We have no one on the roster that can do that consistently. Melo also had 8 FG's, but he needed 21 attempts to get there. I know this isn't "prime" Amare anymore, but he is not far removed from averaging 25ppg+ for us... that was really an amazing run. Remember he averaged 37ppg in the WCF against prime Duncan?

I think Amare can and will be a very efficient 18-20ppg player for us this year if he can avoid any major injuries.

As much as it sucks, at least he hasn't had any MAJOR injuries here. Just a bunch of 2 week setbacks.

JNA17
10-22-2012, 11:42 AM
A pack of skittles. Taste that rainbow knicks fans!

Seriously though, trying to find a trade partner that even thinks of going near that contract is a task on its own.

Maybe the Nets? They have Brook and Joe's contract. Might as well just trade Humprhess and salary players for him to go as well!

xxplayerxx23
10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Nobody will trade for Stat, I still believe we are going to see a bounce back season. First game he played he looked explosive and hit a couple mid range shots. If he can get that and become a 20 and 8 guy i like the Knicks to be the darkhorse :p

JNA17
10-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Besides, Kurt Thomas FTW!

LakersIn5
10-22-2012, 11:49 AM
overpaid but underated

Baller1
10-22-2012, 11:52 AM
He'd fit amazingly in OKC, but that contract is ****ed up.

YoungOne
10-22-2012, 12:11 PM
maybe they should amnesty him! ... wait no they used it on billups after picking up his option.... :D

iDefend10
10-22-2012, 12:37 PM
I don't see why any team would take on Amares contract. I think hes going to stay a Knick for a while.

shep33
10-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Boozer? I have no clue. It's not that Amare is a bad player, it's just hard to move contracts like that.

The Joe Johnson trade however makes anything possible.

Jroz
10-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Ronny Turiaf +15 mil...atleast when he attempted a jump shot and gets blocked by the defenders armpit, then yammed on on the other end of the court... i'd laugh

leafswin2011
10-22-2012, 12:53 PM
calderon and ed davis...i think he would fit nicely with jonas.

Bravo95
10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Maybe Johan Petro, but I'd still probably say no because of that contract.

HotMayo
10-22-2012, 12:56 PM
stuckey+jerebko+austin daye for stat

Bravo95
10-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Danny Ferry however makes anything possible.
fify

deaner
10-22-2012, 01:12 PM

Please take that back. This statement in embarrassing. I don't think you are aware of the contacts involved let alone the injury history.

Tmath
10-22-2012, 01:20 PM

No thanks

Corey
10-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Hmm.

A few teams could probably make a play on him with their contracts. Washington? Charlotte? Chicago? Dallas? Golden State? Milwaukee? Orlando?

Bleh.

iDefend10
10-22-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm a Bulls fan and I would hate to see Stat in a Bulls uniform. I can't stand Boozer either, but I'd take him over Stat. That kind of makes me sad.

JordansBulls
10-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Boozer for Stat.

iDefend10
10-22-2012, 01:30 PM
^^What? Why?

JerseysFinest
10-22-2012, 01:31 PM
The issue with him is not even talent, because he is a very good player when he's healthy. It's the fact that he has no insurance on his contract, it's way too risky to give up anything of value for him.

nycericanguy
10-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Boozer for Stat.

I always felt CHI made a mistake not making a play for Amare.

Amare & Rose would be deadly.

I think Amare will be much more tradeable after this year assuming he can play 70+ games and be productive. He will only have 2 years left on his deal taking him until he's 31,32.

Rivera
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM
al buckets! (magic!)

on second thought id rather keep al buckets...ill give them gustavo ayon or nickolia vuvucevic

Da Knicks
10-22-2012, 01:55 PM
I am still a supporter of Stat!!! bounceback year!!!

NYYCowboys
10-22-2012, 01:59 PM
maybe they should amnesty him! ... wait no they used it on billups after picking up his option.... :D

Wait no after we did that we signed Tyson Chandler who is probably the best player on our team and the reigning defensive player of the year......:facepalm:

Gators123
10-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Nobody.

jericho
10-22-2012, 02:32 PM

stuckey+jerebko+austin daye for stat

you guys are giving up to much for stat i would take those deals in a heart beat

Nomar
10-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Stat will have a good season. Last season was just one bad thing after another for him. Still could easily put up 20/9 seasons.

jericho
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
al buckets! (magic!)

on second thought id rather keep al buckets...ill give them gustavo ayon or nickolia vuvucevic

i would do that but we need more money to mach that so turk would have to be involved i like vucevic

Vinny642
10-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Nothing, he wont make the Hornets into instant contenders...

mdm692
10-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Channing frye, his enlarged heart and cap relief for the Knicks :D.

But really though the Bobcats should get into this. Tyrus Thomas and fillers for Stat.

2-ONE-5
10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
fire extinguisher

Lakers4life08
10-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Stoudamire is ****ing garbage,his defense is one of the worst defense ever at PF position,he is clueless at PnR defense,he is garbage at one on one defense.....he still puts still ok stats,but his defense is so bad,that other team score double of stoudamire stats.....
If Knicks contract would be not so big,i would accept Steve Blake and Jamison for Stoudamire

IBleedPurple
10-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Hmm.

A few teams could probably make a play on him with their contracts. Washington? Charlotte? Chicago? Dallas? Golden State? Milwaukee? Orlando?

Bleh.

That's about all I could think of, trading some bad contracts for another.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Steve Blake + Chris Duhon + Devin Ebanks + Earl Clark + Protected 2nd rd pick

Alayla
10-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Thad and J rich? lol

Knicks21
10-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Id do an Amare for Turk, Al Harrington and maybe someone like Ayon.

Phenomenonsense
10-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Here is a trade that works technically, though I might not do it just for the cap considerations: CV Prince Will Bynum and Austin Daye for Stat.

THE MTL
10-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Amare for David Lee might benefit both sides.

jericho
10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Thad and J rich? lol

To much for stat. Just with Thad I would take it and run

jericho
10-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Stoudamire is ****ing garbage,his defense is one of the worst defense ever at PF position,he is clueless at PnR defense,he is garbage at one on one defense.....he still puts still ok stats,but his defense is so bad,that other team score double of stoudamire stats.....
If Knicks contract would be not so big,i would accept Steve Blake and Jamison for Stoudamire

You completely bash him wish I do understand cuz he has been kinda bad recently but then you make a 1 sided proposal c'mon plz

jericho
10-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Steve Blake + Chris Duhon + Devin Ebanks + Earl Clark + Protected 2nd rd pick
I would do that I like Clark I would try to make it at least an unprotected pick and try to get a 1st rounder instead of the 2nd rounder. difficult I know but lakers would still be good they wouldn't need that pick

jericho
10-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Amare for David Lee might benefit both sides.

Didn't they hung up in us when we started talking a trade involving amare I don't think they would do that

Hawkeye15
10-22-2012, 06:39 PM
JJ Hickson. Oh wait..

abe_froman
10-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Boozer? I have no clue. It's not that Amare is a bad player, it's just hard to move contracts like that.

The Joe Johnson trade however makes anything possible.

no,not boozer.boozer is the prime amnesty candidate for chicago,no sense in trading that away to be stuck with amare.the gap between the two isnt that big valuewise to justify it

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-22-2012, 06:41 PM
JJ Hickson. Oh wait..

get ready for a comic san typed email!

RipCity32
10-22-2012, 06:56 PM

A amnesty on a contract of that size would just be stupid you still have to pay him so you might as well keep him around.

TheIlladelph16
10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Personally, I wouldn't trade a single player in the 76er's starting 5 or top 3 off he bench for him, but considering JJ got traded I guess its conceivable a team would trade for him. He can still be productive albeit with a myriad of health concerns.

Can the Knicks pay a portion of his salary to facilitate a trade like teams can do in the MLB? I don't think they can, but I really don't know. If they can, a trade is far more likely.

PC
10-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Personally, I wouldn't trade a single player in the 76er's starting 5 or top 3 off he bench for him, but considering JJ got traded I guess its conceivable a team would trade for him. He can still be productive albeit with a myriad of health concerns.

Can the Knicks pay a portion of his salary to facilitate a trade like teams can do in the MLB? I don't think they can, but I really don't know. If they can, a trade is far more likely.

The max amount of money a team can send over in a deal (or in a calendar year for that matter) is $3 million which isn't even a fraction of what he's going to be making in the next 3 seasons. And keep in mind that won't have an impact on the cap

At this point, it makes no sense for us to trade Amar'e. We're a win now team with all our contracts set to expire in 3 years. I'm sure it's possible to get rid of his contract but we won't get an even return in terms of productivity so there's really no incentive to move him. I guess it could save Dolan some cash but his pockets are deep so i really don't give 2 ***** about that

RLundi
10-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Pocket lint.

In all seriousness, I think Stat is basically untouchable ... from other teams' standpoint, that is.

TyrionLannister
10-22-2012, 08:18 PM
He probably won't be traded until he becomes an expiring contract, unfortunately.

StarvingKnick22
10-22-2012, 08:21 PM
sheets.

deaner
10-22-2012, 08:24 PM
It's a bit of a sad state, but I would play him until I can use a medical exemption on him. I forget, was he able to get medical insurance for his contract?

D12 fan
10-22-2012, 09:27 PM
A brand new right hand,a couple of brand new knees,and a fresh human repaired back.

Losoway
10-23-2012, 03:26 AM
wow you guys are bugging

amare can still ball

P Harvy
10-23-2012, 03:27 AM
amare can ball on 2k maybe.. but thats about it

COOLbeans
10-23-2012, 04:29 AM
Didn't they hung up in us when we started talking a trade involving amare I don't think they would do that

No they wouldn't you're right..David lee is the leader of the team. Trading him for amare at this point would be toxic in the locker room. He's friends with everybody, a fan favorite, and he gets it done quite frankly.

MrfadeawayJB
10-23-2012, 01:38 PM
lifetime supply of fire extinguishers

jt1bui
10-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Stat is a great player, he just needs to have an effective and true PG running the offense for him to excel.

DoMeFavors
10-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Wallace and Hump about avg out money wise but both teams wouldnt do it. Amare and Dwill would work well together...and JJ already worked well with STAT

lkingratedr
10-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Honestly the trade that makes the most sense is sending him to Atlanta for Josh smith ... Josh has wanted out of Atlanta and its almost close to obvious he is leaving there in free agency... So atl sends Josh to ny for stat... Makes sense stat gets to lead the team built almost similarly to the one he had in.ny before melo arrived and the Knicks get someone who produces similar to stat and plays defense win win ... Knicks might have to throw an incentive in but hey

RipCity32
10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Honestly the trade that makes the most sense is sending him to Atlanta for Josh smith ... Josh has wanted out of Atlanta and its almost close to obvious he is leaving there in free agency... So atl sends Josh to ny for stat... Makes sense stat gets to lead the team built almost similarly to the one he had in.ny before melo arrived and the Knicks get someone who produces similar to stat and plays defense win win ... Knicks might have to throw an incentive in but hey

That would be horrible for the Hawks,If they trade Smith they should be looking to shed salary not take on another Joe Johnson contract.

Alayla
10-23-2012, 03:07 PM
To much for stat. Just with Thad I would take it and run

Then you must not be aware of 1 thads ugly contract and 2 the fact Thad cant play the 3 and is an undersized 4.. he doesnt really do much outside of Run the break well and hussel for loose balls At least with Amare we wouldnt need to start Hawes at the 4 as for J rich at this point he isnt much more than a spot up shooter and i dont really like his deal eather

Jrue holiday Evan turner dorrel wright Stat and bynum looks better than
jrue holiday Jrich evan turner hawes and bynum imo
but hell if Thad and J rich is enough to get stat we need to call up our Gms becuase i was only half srs..! haha

Kashmir13579
10-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Wait another year or so and then he's actually a valuable trade chip.. At least it isn't a 6 year deal, right?

Kashmir13579
10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Wallace and Hump about avg out money wise but both teams wouldnt do it. Amare and Dwill would work well together...and JJ already worked well with STAT

You would trade Wallace and Hump for Amar'e? Really?

uprightciti
10-23-2012, 03:12 PM
next year in a contract year he will get traded for a pick and a big ol' pf or some shooting guards

jericho
10-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Then you must not be aware of 1 thads ugly contract and 2 the fact Thad cant play the 3 and is an undersized 4.. he doesnt really do much outside of Run the break well and hussel for loose balls At least with Amare we wouldnt need to start Hawes at the 4 as for J rich at this point he isnt much more than a spot up shooter and i dont really like his deal eather

Jrue holiday Evan turner dorrel wright Stat and bynum looks better than
jrue holiday Jrich evan turner hawes and bynum imo
but hell if Thad and J rich is enough to get stat we need to call up our Gms becuase i was only half srs..! haha

lets do it then im all up for it lol :)

JasonJohnHorn
10-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Amare is a good player, and he had great chemistry with Felton when they played a couple seasons back. I expect him to be on top of his game this season. NY is better off keeping him than making some crazy deal. I mean, unless they can talk LA in to trading Pau for Amare... but I don't think Diwght wants that... he wants Nash running the R&R with him, not Amare.

ColtsSpursTerps
10-23-2012, 07:41 PM
even disregarding contract status, not much.
Horribly overrated by the casual NBA fan, and still overrated by most others IMO
That defense...

Blitzbolt
10-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Nash made him he is nothing with out him period...

IDunknown
10-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Nash made him he is nothing with out him period...

No,he already proved he doesn't need Nash.He needs any point gaurd that can run the pick and roll/pop with him.Felton had him looking like an MVP candidate.He played with Marbury too,before Nash was on Phoenix.

Dade County
10-24-2012, 01:36 AM
A pack of skittles. Taste that rainbow knicks fans!

Seriously though, trying to find a trade partner that even thinks of going near that contract is a task on its own.

Maybe the Nets? They have Brook and Joe's contract. Might as well just trade Humprhess and salary players for him to go as well!

:laugh:

I was just about to type, a half a bag of skittles !!!!!! :hi5:

LaLa_Land
10-24-2012, 01:52 AM
if i were the lakers management team, i would give the knicks:

Blake, Jamison, Ebanks, future first

They'd never in a million years...but it doesnt hurt to dream riiiight?

airforceones25
10-24-2012, 01:53 AM
I'd trade my knees for his contract. I could really use the money right now. Lol

STL Don
10-24-2012, 02:49 AM
I'd still very well be intrigued by the idea of Amar'e coming to my team. He's too talented of a power forward to not be excited about and hold high expectations for.
Unfortunately he's been struck by untimely injuries and so far has not meshed with Carmelo all that well over stretches. Al though they have shown flashes of just how good they can be, when healthy of course.
With that said, I, obviously would not sign him to a long term deal or give up too much for him, I'd rather entertain a one or two year offer and see how he fits in with my team.

Munkeysuit
10-24-2012, 03:08 AM
I'd trade Pau Gasol for Stoudemire, just because I wana see all the Laker fans pull their hair out afterwards.

JNA17
10-24-2012, 03:21 AM
:laugh:

I was just about to type, a half a bag of skittles !!!!!! :hi5:

Damn, i guess I was too generous. :laugh:

John Walls Era
10-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Isn't he out for at least a month?

No team will want damage goods that are getting old and cost a lot.

xcrisisx
10-24-2012, 06:38 AM

he's actually not that old. but he sure has a lot of miles, damaged back and knees. the day his athletisism gets stolen, he's done.. let's hope that happens after that 100 mil contract is over

KnickaBocka.44
10-24-2012, 11:48 AM

He's out for 2-3 weeks

zB_#85
10-24-2012, 04:10 PM
I don't see why any team would take on Amares contract. I think hes going to stay a Knick for a while.

this. the Knicks were desperate to make a splash that big '10 FA summer and made a monumental mistake giving this dude a max. He walked away from PHX because they hurt his ego (by being right) and saying he wasn't worth a max and he was determined to get max money somewhere. NY was the poor team that fell into that trap.

nycericanguy
10-24-2012, 04:33 PM
this. the Knicks were desperate to make a splash that big '10 FA summer and made a monumental mistake giving this dude a max. He walked away from PHX because they hurt his ego (by being right) and saying he wasn't worth a max and he was determined to get max money somewhere. NY was the poor team that fell into that trap.

Amare was the price NY paid to be relevant again.

No Amare probably means no Melo or Chandler.

But lets not dig his grave just yet, he's one year removed from an MVP type 25+ppg season, and he still put up a very efficient 18 & 8 in only 32mpg last year.

The 1 preseason game he played he scored 18 points on just 11 shots in about 25 minutes. The skills are still there, its just nagging injuries.

theheatles
10-24-2012, 07:26 PM
a washing machine and a tub of gatorade mix

The Flash
10-24-2012, 07:46 PM
a bag of Doritos

jimm120
10-24-2012, 07:51 PM

I don't think you understood the business part of that...

if they bought out Billups, that 4 million buyout would have counted towards teh cap. If it had counted, then they wouldn't have been able to sign Tyson for $11 million...but instead $7 million. You really think that Tyson would have come and been a defensive presence and DPOY for the Knicks?

jericho
10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Amare was the price NY paid to be relevant again.

No Amare probably means no Melo or Chandler.

But lets not dig his grave just yet, he's one year removed from an MVP type 25+ppg season, and he still put up a very efficient 18 & 8 in only 32mpg last year.

The 1 preseason game he played he scored 18 points on just 11 shots in about 25 minutes. The skills are still there, its just nagging injuries.

not talking bout you but how many times are we gonna say this yeah he did put those numbers but that was back then he aint putting those numbers now he is getting older not younger so he aint gonna get to that level again i do hope he proves me wrong but i just dont see it

TyrionLannister
10-24-2012, 08:10 PM
I could actually see brooklyn trading for him with a package of humphries/teletovic, it gives them more offense and doesn't really affect their frontcourt defense since its already terrible. Otherwise the knicks might be better served having him come off the bench with melo at pf, cause they just don't mesh well at all.

SugeKnight
10-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Andris Beidrins, Richard Jefferson, and Carl Landry

Legitimate
10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm going to be honest. I probably wouldn't even give up Andrea Bargnani for him. Just hope Amare can prove the haters wrong this year.

JordansBulls
10-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Andris Beidrins, Richard Jefferson, and Carl Landry

Not a bad deal.