PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Green with a great block, having a big preseaon

spreadeagle
10-21-2012, 05:02 PM
This guy has been forgotten about a bit, but is putting up great numbers in preseason. I think he could have a big year. He's probably been dying to get back out there on the court and play after his heart problems. Green had 25 points on 10-of-16 shooting along with three threes and six rebounds in 38 minutes on Saturday against New York.

video http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/21/video-jeff-green-is-still-athletic-and-is-developing-that-celtics-attitude/

The block is exceptional, and nasty. But the attitude that comes with it is quintessential Celtics. Green seems to be embracing this team’s attitude. Gone is the doe-eyed youngster who seemed intimidated by the Celtics’ veterans two-years ago, replaced with a man determined to prove everyone wrong on his value, his career, and his contract.

The Celtics expect big things from Green, and in the preseason, he’s shown they may have gambled right on him. Preseason, though, as always.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-21-2012, 05:05 PM
I am very happy for him after the heart surgery. Celtics have the best bench in the East by far.

Zefflin
10-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Called it.

Cal827
10-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Just Awesome that he has seemed to recover from the heart surgery. It's funny, cause if that bench wasn't loaded, I would think that he would challenge his former teammate for the sixth man of the year lol

abe_froman
10-21-2012, 05:13 PM
i wish him best of luck.but its the preseason and aside from injuries that may occur,anything that happens in the preseason means absolutely nothing to me

Chronz
10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Ive always thought he sucked, I hope the writer is right about him knowing about how he has been perceived. Always love stories when haters fuel success.

Baller1
10-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Still rooting for Green. Hope he's successful this year.

bigsams50
10-21-2012, 06:34 PM
If he can keep this up then imo Danny got a huge steal in the Perkins trade. Perk has been pretty disappointing imo in OKC.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-21-2012, 06:38 PM
i honestly think he wont have a big season AT ALL.

but im not rooting against him, i hope he does have a good season, but just like the nets fan gettin hyped over brook lopez, i hope people arent getting too hyped over green only to later realize the dude plays the same and thats 10 points off the bench while shootin 45%

JasonJohnHorn
10-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I saw this block and was thinking about making a thread for it myself, but I thought somebody would whine that it was thread worthy. VERY impressive play. I played it back to watch it a couple of times.

mrblisterdundee
10-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Jeff Green has the ability to be a really good defender at small forward. If he gets good enough this season, I'd put him on LeBron James in the playoffs.

TyrionLannister
10-21-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm pulling for him, especially after the all the heart issues.

It is still only preseason though.

203 Uconn LaL
10-21-2012, 09:28 PM
He does look good, very efficient so far since I've saw him this preseason

thrice4
10-21-2012, 09:28 PM
After what he went through I hope he does good.

JEDean89
10-22-2012, 07:07 AM
ya so i like jeff green, i think he is an ideal tweener forward ala al harrington or lamar odom but that block is a big foul. the amount of body contact is ridiculous if you watch it from the other angle. if that was a player that wasn't some undrafted scrub, they would have called it.

YoungOne
10-22-2012, 07:43 AM
ya so i like jeff green, i think he is an ideal tweener forward ala al harrington or lamar odom but that block is a big foul. the amount of body contact is ridiculous if you watch it from the other angle. if that was a player that wasn't some undrafted scrub, they would have called it.

thats whats wrong in the nba...

JNoel
10-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Lucky for him, the heart surgery happened at a young age in which he can recover to 100%, he just might be a beast this year.

xcrisisx
10-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Lucky for him, the heart surgery happened at a young age in which he can recover to 100%, he just might be a beast this year.

let's hope so
he was expensive :O
and needs to be effective if the celtics want to be contenders

sintaks12
10-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Um, foul.

leprechaun5
10-22-2012, 09:32 AM
LOL at people who call this a foul !!!

X12Celtics3
10-22-2012, 10:00 AM
It doesn't matter if it was a foul or not because NBA officiating is the worst in professional sports and probably always will be. Let's break down how we would determine if this play was a foul:

Non-star blocking a superstar, respected veteran, or chronic flopper? If so, obviously a foul (even if it really wasn't).

Non-star blocking a non-star youngster no-name journeyman, or just some good but not great player that casual fans haven't heard of? This is the only scenario in which the call being made is actually made based on WHAT the officials see, now WHO they see. Depends on the situation.

Star blocking a superstar? Probably still a foul, but the refs will "make up for it" later by having another atrocious call go in his favor later in the game.

Star blocking a non-star? Obviously not a foul, even if it really should have been.

sintaks12
10-22-2012, 10:31 AM
It doesn't matter if it was a foul or not because NBA officiating is the worst in professional sports and probably always will be. Let's break down how we would determine if this play was a foul:

Non-star blocking a superstar, respected veteran, or chronic flopper? If so, obviously a foul (even if it really wasn't).

Non-star blocking a non-star youngster no-name journeyman, or just some good but not great player that casual fans haven't heard of? This is the only scenario in which the call being made is actually made based on WHAT the officials see, now WHO they see. Depends on the situation.

Star blocking a superstar? Probably still a foul, but the refs will "make up for it" later by having another atrocious call go in his favor later in the game.

Star blocking a non-star? Obviously not a foul, even if it really should have been.

I agree completely. But all things being equal, sure looked like he not only hit his arm but also knocked him to the ground. Great timing. Great block. Lots of contact.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Lol I have seen only a handful of clean chase down blocks.

It will be officially recorded as a block whether you think it's a foul or not, so throw that assumption in the garbage.

It was a very good block, he timed it perfectly and didn't give up on the play.

Well done.

Corey
10-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Green has been the Celtics best player this pre-season.

He's looked great.

Super.
10-22-2012, 01:35 PM
i honestly think he wont have a big season AT ALL.

but im not rooting against him, i hope he does have a good season, but just like the nets fan gettin hyped over brook lopez, i hope people arent getting too hyped over green only to later realize the dude plays the same and thats 10 points off the bench while shootin 45%

He's never averaged less than 10.5 points in a single season, and the last time he did 10.5 was his rookie year.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-22-2012, 05:53 PM
He's never averaged less than 10.5 points in a single season, and the last time he did 10.5 was his rookie year.

wow this statement is so wrong, idk where to begin..

1. he was a starter for the thunder, so he averaged 15ppg while shooting 45%.
2. he went to the celtics and became a BENCH PLAYER (key word buddy), and immediately he shot below 10 points per game.
3. assuming his production will be the same off the bench as how he produced as a starter is funny to me.
4. you're making me sound like a Jeff Green hater, when i am just bein realistic.

ok, there. i should be done.
now i am not saying that he will forever stick with 10 ppg and suck, i am just saying that dont hold too much off of preseason when he is gettin a lot of playing time.

time will tell how he performs as he gets playing time playing the 3 and 4.

carry on.

todu82
10-22-2012, 06:27 PM
This is good news. Great to see him come back from such a serious surgery.