PDA

View Full Version : Would James Harden sign with Bulls?

jchase3
10-21-2012, 02:56 AM
I'm not sure what the financial situations of either team are but if the Bulls amnesty Boozer as expected and OKC decides not to give Harden a max deal after this season I could see Chicago making a run at him. Having a starting 5 of Rose, Harden, Deng, Gibson, and Noah would vault them back into title contention.

asandhu23
10-21-2012, 03:07 AM
you would love it, wouldn't you?

Kyben36
10-21-2012, 03:20 AM
I'm not sure what the financial situations of either team are but if the Bulls amnesty Boozer as expected and OKC decides not to give Harden a max deal after this season I could see Chicago making a run at him. Having a starting 5 of Rose, Harden, Deng, Gibson, and Noah would vault them back into title contention.

I dont think it would be possible, for a few reasons, 1, Rose Deng and Noah eat up a ton of cap space. 2 we would need to resign gibson and to be the starter, he would coment around 8 mil easily considering thats what Asik got. so I dont think there is room for him finacialy to sign, nor would our cheap owner pay lux tax or have the ability to pay it to sign harden as far as im concerned, as far as him though, Im sure he would be OK playing 2nd fiddle instead of 3rd. IDK, it would be up to him, IMO, I see the bulls pushing for an OJ mayo over the offseason. just my opinion. he has a player option, and if he preforms well. I think he might sign with the bulls.

abe_froman
10-21-2012, 03:22 AM
even if they amnesty boozer,we still dont have the money to get him.2014 is the earliest possible time for the bulls to do anything of significance in free agency.you right,you dont know the financial situations and probably should learn them before making such a thread

bholly
10-21-2012, 04:50 AM
Even if OKC decide to let him go, there's pretty much no chance they let him go for nothing.

Munkeysuit
10-21-2012, 06:18 AM
I think he would sign with any team that would give him a chance to get back to the Finals and offer him a max contract. Bulls could be a likely destination should they amnesty Boozer, but the one factor you've left out is how much are they going to give Gibson? another is Deng, they will almost have to let Deng go! and right now? I'd keep Deng seeing as how there is no one else on that team that can guard Lebron and Melo and put pressure on them on the defensive end as well, being as Deng can score just as much points as Harden can any day of the week.

Munkeysuit
10-21-2012, 06:23 AM
I would love to see him in a Lakers uniform...that would just take the drama waaaay over the top in the West.

bholly
10-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Really hard to see him ending up at a contender. OKC have all the leverage. If they want, they can just match whatever contract he gets offered, then wait a few months and trade him to some team with room for picks or something - Charlotte, Sacto, etc. What's stopping them? It'll be up to them where they send him (if they get rid of him at all), in which case there's just about no way they send him somewhere like Chicago or LAL who they could have to face in the playoffs. They won't even get taxed, because tax is based on end-of-season salary, and he'll be gone by then.

In short, he won't be signing anyway - OKC will be getting a return for him if he moves at all - and in that case it's hard to see him going to a contender. OKC are a smart organization with a hugely valuable asset and all the leverage - they aren't just letting it walk away.

The only way around it is if Harden accepts the qualifying offer and becomes unrestricted in 2014.

JordansBulls
10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Bulls need to focus on a big man like a Kevin Love.

Aleksandar
10-21-2012, 09:29 AM
What about trading Deng and playing that Jimmy Butler guy? And amnestying Boozer of course.

Rose/Harden/Butler/Gibson/Noah would be doable financially.

heyman321
10-21-2012, 02:31 PM
He is going to get traded to the Raptors for Bargnani and Derozan, both expirings next year.

KB24PG16
10-21-2012, 02:50 PM
id be excited for the nba if harden paired up with drose

thrice4
10-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Would be pretty exciting. Don't see it, though.

koberulesall
10-21-2012, 03:18 PM
i think he is willing to go anywhere where he doesnt have to see ron artest 4 times a year...

Tumstock
10-21-2012, 04:03 PM
He is going to get traded to the Raptors for Bargnani and Derozan, both expirings next year.

Doubt he is willing to play in canada.

Daunter
10-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Nobody important ever wants to sign with the Bulls

aman_13
10-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Doubt he is willing to play in canada.

Why?

3ballbomber
10-21-2012, 07:33 PM
D-Rose & Harden - WHOA!

jbelmar4
10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
James harden has made it clear he's wanted to stay in OKC, they would continue grow and if he were to leave he would miss out the title reigns

SINCESTARBURY25
10-21-2012, 09:25 PM
I hope he goes to the Suns he could be their franchise guy. I wish somehow the Knicks could land him but we have $$$ issues. I support my home-town HAWKS so maybe there?

mrblisterdundee
10-21-2012, 09:26 PM
It could happen. I'm sure he'd love to help form the best back court in the NBA.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-21-2012, 09:38 PM
0.05 percent chance of happening. Bulls financial situation won't even allow them to get close

TomahawkChop 10
10-21-2012, 10:21 PM
I would love to see him in a Lakers uniform...that would just take the drama waaaay over the top in the West.

Doubt he would get along with a certain "off the wall" SF on the Lakers roster who gave him an elbow to the temple last season.

LTBaByyy
10-21-2012, 10:50 PM
He can only go to Suns, Rockets, Mavericks, Cavs for the Max

jchase3
10-21-2012, 11:56 PM
even if they amnesty boozer,we still dont have the money to get him.2014 is the earliest possible time for the bulls to do anything of significance in free agency.you right,you dont know the financial situations and probably should learn them before making such a thread

did you really need to write that last sentence?

PleaseBeNice
10-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Why dont you ask Harden? That's the only way you'll know. ASK HIM

Dade County
10-22-2012, 12:19 AM
I see the 76ers making a push for him to show Bynum they are serious in building a contending team.

Suns too.

dhopisthename
10-22-2012, 02:08 AM

why only those 4 teams?

xcrisisx
10-22-2012, 05:53 AM

I think he's slightly overrated and doesn't deserve a max...

JEDean89
10-22-2012, 07:03 AM
bulls should push hard, deng is good but harden can be great. he can definitely be a 23-25ppg scorer in the next couple of years. bulls should trade deng to a team like sacramento or detroit and get a nice lotto pick back. tank this year try and get another high lotto pick. amnesty boozer then sign harden. Draft a SF and a PF. Go from there. It's really tough to build from the lotto. bulls got close to having a team that could have won it all but they lost their guy and then they lost a few roll players. the window is that small. high lotto picks have basically become the most valuable asset a team can have because you can get a good player for very little for 4 years. bulls need a strong perimeter player to maximize rose. they need a pippen to drose. noah and gibson make a good affordable front court. get rid of washout boozer.

DR_1
10-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Although I'd love Harden, signing as a free agent is pretty much impossible now. The only the Bulls could get him is through trade, and us and OKC don't match up very well as far as that goes.

Bulls need to wait for Love to be an FA and then focus on him.

Slug3
10-22-2012, 03:34 PM
why only those 4 teams?

I think those are the only teams that will have cap space to offer him a max contract deal. If that's all he wants is max money then those would be the places he would go.

Stinkyoutsider
10-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Would be nice but I think the Bulls would have to drop a contract or 2 to make it work, because teams will be willing to pay $15 mil a season to a guy who can create his own shot and score 20 a game.

Getting rid of Boozer would be the beginning but I think the Bulls can go cheaper and get a solid 2 guard for less money than Harden, then try to get another big who can shoot, rebound, and play defense to go along with Noah. Boozer just isn't that guy anymore...

Muttman73
10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
It's funny how people keep saying Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap, he is not. He is a smart business man who takes care of his employees. Just because he doesn't throw stupid money around every time some fans think he should it doesn't mean he is cheap.

rubx3
10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
It's funny how people keep saying Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap, he is not. He is a smart business man who takes care of his employees. Just because he doesn't throw stupid money around every time some fans think he should it doesn't mean he is cheap.

this.

knicks are a prime example. throwing around huge contracts and not getting anywhere

dhopisthename
10-22-2012, 05:10 PM
I think those are the only teams that will have cap space to offer him a max contract deal. If that's all he wants is max money then those would be the places he would go.

I know the pistons and the jazz will have substantial cap space as well as a few other teams

TheNumber37
10-22-2012, 05:34 PM
harden to the wolves.

Bishnoff
10-22-2012, 05:40 PM

Lol this.

JordansBulls
10-26-2012, 12:47 AM

Lakers have enough stars in there history, share the wealth.

fin_frenzy_84
10-26-2012, 02:20 AM
In order for the Bulls to get him they would have to trade Deng and amnesty Boozer...

I would amensty Boozer then trade Deng and bobcats pick for a top pick and get Shabazz Muhammad...

Then draft Adonis Thomas with the Bulls main pick...

Sign James Harden and J.J. Hickson

Lineup-
Rose/Hinrich
Harden/Rip/Shabazz
Shabazz/Butler/Adonis
Taj/Hickson
Noah/Nazr

Shabazz is a undersized small forward but he still defiantly could play it!

That lineup is too sick!

By the way for you guys that don't know who Adonis and Shabazz are here is some of there high school highlights.

Adonis-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tke_a01jZV8

Shabazz-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZOKFfNU0Nk

ChicagoFan4Eva
10-26-2012, 03:37 AM
uh.. why hickson? ^

xxcubs22xx
10-26-2012, 04:46 AM
:laugh2: Hickson?

I don't see the Bulls pursuing him for at least a while if ever. See abe_froman's post above

NYYCowboys
10-26-2012, 05:00 AM
#pipedream

thenaj17
10-26-2012, 07:23 AM

Yep gota agree with Crisis here. (Even though you're a Celts fan) :p

gatkins11
10-26-2012, 09:23 AM

If Eric Gordon got offered a max deal why wouldn't Harden? Not saying he deserves it, but someone will give it to him.

theheatles
10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
I would love Harden going to the Bulls, he's good enough to assert the Bulls as perennial contenders but they won't be good enough to overthrow the Heat

Ezio
10-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I rather wait for Paul George to be a FA.

ChiSox219
10-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I rather wait for Paul George to be a FA.

Wont happen until 2019ish