PDA

View Full Version : What could of been?

iDefend10
10-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Guys like Ben Wilson, Hank Gathers, and Len Bias. They had their lives cut to short and we all know they had SO much potential to be the next great one. How do you think these guys would of performed on a professional level? Or how Ben Wilson would of performed on a collegiate level? It's a shame we never got to see these guys perform at the NBA and watch them transform as players and develop their craft.

Andrew32
10-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I think Oden would have been a really good / impactful player in the NBA if he didn't have such serious injury issues.

I think Brandon Roy would have consistently been one of the best players in our league if not for his knee issues.

iDefend10
10-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I agree. I believe if Oden didn't suffer from all of the injuries he'd be top 2 centers in the league right now. I think he'd be better than Bynum honestly.

TO Rapz
10-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I think the Portland Trailblazers could have been an NBA championship team.

Greedy22
10-21-2012, 01:25 AM
A healthy Roy and Oden paired up with LMA? I :cry: every time I think about what could have been for Portland, just terrible luck for them.

PurpleJesus
10-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Jesus Shuttlesworth is the greatest GOAT to have never happened.

Quinnsanity
10-21-2012, 01:47 AM
... I hate to be that guy, but "what could have been".

But to answer the question Len Bias trumps all. Coach K once said that there were two players that have ever really stood out to him. One was Michael Jordan. The other was Len Bias.

JasonJohnHorn
10-21-2012, 10:47 AM
There's a few guys.. obviously Len Bias and Hank gathers, but you also get guys who lost their spot in the league due to drug related issues like Roy Tarpley. Tarpley was not only a solid scorer, he was an amazing rebounder and defender (over a block and steal a game). That Dallas roster had some great talent at every positon, Dantley, Ron Harper, Blackman, Perkins Schrempf, James Donaldson, Herb Williams and Lever. Then we had two tragic deaths in Drazen Petrovic and Reggie Lewis... Kenny Anderson, Derrick Coleman and Drazen made a killer core for the Nets, and Reggie Lewis, had he not passed way so young, and had Len Bias been paired up with him, Boston may have been challenging Chi-town for a couple more titles.